Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 2

Throne/Public
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Trader, quiet up until now, preferring to let the others argue and squabble amongst themselves, would speak up at the Warden Commanders talk of their oath. We have killed several of your people in cold blood? I don't recall any such incident. If you are referring to the Gilded affair then I would hardly call that murder. The SGA stepped in to protect its interests in Gilded after the exodus of the Sausage Guild and your forces just happened to be attempting to sieze said interests.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Troll in the Playground

Throne/Public
    Spoiler
    Show

I refer to the incident during the previous month, where you and Vassari murdered many of our patrols out in the Shattered Lands, who were there to find and stop raiders trying to capture food shipments. Perhaps you had a reason for wanting the food to stop coming? After all, the famine will hit Runner's the hardest, and that region is under the control of your enemies. Considering you tried your best to destroy the Flesh Pits, too, it all seems a bit damning.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Throne/Public
    Spoiler
    Show

From one ridiculous accusation to another. You are saying, that Mercantile Guild spent a fortune on buying food, to be distributed freely in the Runner’s City and then conspired with, of all people, me, to help Orcs, who as you all know, are offering bounties for heads of Mercantile Guild members and arson of their businesses? We all know that Orcs are starving the city to better sell their food and you seem to be employing them consistently for your aims, despite that.

The Wardens just claimed to be honest, honourable soldiers. Perhaps it explains why their lies are so poorly crafted. Is there anybody here who actually believes a word of their wild accusations?
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Troll in the Playground

EBSA/Public
    Spoiler
    Show

As you probably have heard, there will be a duel between Commander Tarmin and Doctor Vassari. I would like for your people to be there to ensure fair play according to the rules both sides have agreed upon.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

House Laurier/Public
    Spoiler
    Show
    ''Lord Laurier, would you send your men to observe the duel. While I have full trust in ESBA, the tradition dictates that both sides have their seconds, and I would honored if you accepted.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Throne/Public
    Spoiler
    Show
    Really? We hit your patrols in the Shattered Lands AND tried to destroy the Flesh Pits? Thats the first I am hearing of such matters. You seem to suggest that the Stacks would be unaffected by the famine, which is not true at all. It will be hit just as hard as Runners City, so why would I prevent my own food caravans from reaching the city? You, Commander Tarmin, seem to have taken leave of your senses.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Troll in the Playground

Throne/Public
    Spoiler
    Show

Hah. Hear, hear, people of Runner's City. The merchants, fat and rich on your toil, are bemoaning how they're having it just as hard as you, as they'll have to pay more to hire guards so the servants they keep to carry grapes to their mouths don't pick off the seeds from the ground and eat them without permission.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Throne/Public
    Spoiler
    Show
    ''An appeal to Runner’s City people, who fear and hate you, Warden? The rumours fly across the city that you are the wealthiest faction, richer then the Mercantile Guild certainly. So who is eating grapes and laughing here? How much of your gold did the poor see, while Mercantile Guild spent fortune on helping them?''

''ESBA has been catching criminals. ESGE advancing cause of magical arts, Church of Neposh sought to feed the hungry in the time of need, Silversmiths sponsored projects to help the poor, and Lord Laurier did the best to fight the famine, Champions and Wren have contributed in various projects. And Wardens have been greedily lining their pockets at our expense all this time.''

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Troll in the Playground

Throne/Public
    Spoiler
    Show

All sorts of 'projects' I hear about, but it doesn't seem like a single one of those has succeeded or made anything better. Still, the money's gone somewhere, all the factions supposedly participating are just as rich or even richer than before and there's all this talk about how they've been such good samaritans for all the money they've poured into these mysterious intangible 'projects'.

As for criminals, we've put an end to more of those than you've seen in your lifetime, which is no mean feat considering the sheer extent your criminal connections.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild-Church of Neposh
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Sorry just remembered your last message.

I can't check map right now to confirm, but you seem to be under the impression I am in control of Factories South and North? I don't think I am because it wasn't mentioned in my EoT or anything. I think the only smokeyard territory I own is Silvathrien.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

ESGE [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Lord Founder. I suspect that the Wardens have been trying to poison your mind against me. It certainly seems they have succeeded with Wren, who I fear gives more weight to political considerations in his investigation into Redeye's imitator, then actually catching the man or woman. As such I believe it would be only fair for me to speak my piece.''

''You recall, during the Throne Meeting, I brought up the fight against MU as an example of city factions fighting together. Yet Wardens derided our efforts and called us fools for it. They sneered at our efforts and sacrifices, yet their own troops at that time were trying to secure Stacks from Mercantile Guild, not only ignoring the threat of MU, but also depriving us of both Mercantile Guild's support and Sausage Guild's one. They have put their personal ambition ahead of the common threat to the city. If it weren't for them, we might have succeeded in stopping MU. This was the time, when I realized, that Wardens were a threat to the city, weakening us against the external threats - like what's happening with the Orcs hideous monopoly over food supply right now or rumors about growing influence of the Imperial Chancery.''

''You do not involve yourself in the politics of the city that much. Neither did Sausage Guild and they were destroyed for daring to be a threat. Well, nobody can deny that with all the magic at your disposal, you can be a great threat as well. Perhaps not today, but can you be certain they will not act against you in the future? They may claim to tell the truth and hold to principles of honor - yet they spew obvious lies about Mercantile Guild helping Orc raiders attack their own food caravans. And consider that with Wardens hiring Orcs as mercenaries, would they send their agents to fight the same Orcs to protect food caravans?''

''I do not expect you to commit yourself to the defense of the Guilds. But I hope you will recognize that allowing Wardens to rule Sav Altulus as they do now will bring nothing but ruin to our nation. Must we live in fear now, after centuries of Desoui's terror?''

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

SGA-GM[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know there is traits that will allow us to get better rates for burning wealth than our opponents, but could a VIP(The Trader) also help with that?

Also, taking into consideration all the traits(Warlord Contacts, Bandit Grudges, Friends in Low Places, etc, etc), how much wealth would it cost per MIL of bandits and mercs brought in for express purpose of fighting Wardens?
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2013-03-23 at 02:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Barbarian in the Playground

ESGE

To Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the Wardens have yet to provide any evidence for their claims, we will be conducting an investigation of our own. We know the perils of acting on false information.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

ESGE [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

I see.

I'm a bit confused of why you intend to act at all. Are you the lawman of ESBA? Are you protector of the Runner's City? You have shown no interest in the actual Redeye, when he was practicing his bloody art. Make no mistake, I'm glad that you'll help bringing order to Runner's City, I'm just puzzled by your motives.

I should also give you a warning. As the army of men with carving knives, that Sausage Guild kept is no more, the Metro is undefended. The creatures of the deep and dark, that it kept at bay are now free to return with vengeance in mind. I fear all the upside fighting and blood spilled might call to them. If you intend to send more Mages to Vaults of Flesh, you should consider additional protection, just in case.

Edit: Restaurant Association [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I must say, with Orcs controlling all food supply to the city and killing anybody, who tries to compete with them, we are risking a certain loss of reputation. I have done much to bring both the city's wealthy and Shattered Lands visitors to the Little Zanchar dining. Now what if rumors arise about Orcish food supply and it's quality. The Orcish bodies allow them to survive meals, that would make men wretch. And their declarations about their views on humans would indicate they wouldn't care to feed us with garbage and mix feces in just for laughs. And I wouldn't be surprised, if they tried to take over restaurant business, the same way they took over food supply. With sword and blood.''

''Now SGA is considering measures to stop this menace. Would you be willing to contribute, if not swords, then coin?''

Drover's Association [4?]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Respected Drover's Association. As you know, right now the Orcs control the food supply to the city, through murdering anybody else, who dared to compete with them. Do you expect, that they will not seek to take over your business as well, as it's related to food industry? I do not expect, you will you be content with serving under ''merciful'' Orcish taskmasters.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-03-25 at 05:23 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Colossus in the Playground

Brigwa Stonecutter, publically

"Sneaking around again, Vasari? If you have a problem with us, say so openly, instead of spreading your little lies. If you came out in to the light mroe often, you might perhaps see that our herds are the best in the Shattered Lands, at the very least, and clean. The Drovers made a fair amount of money, from them, too.
    I will let this slide, this time. But if you spread more lies, I will see you on the field of honour, even if you don't have any."
    Last edited by Eldan; 2013-03-25 at 06:00 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Orks of Tregon

If you mean a series of private letters I’ve sent, then it was hardly my intention to sneak around, though I must say intercepting my messages is rather sneaky of you.

I am expressing reasonable concerns, that your control over city’s food supply is both a security threat and would lead to fall in quality and quantity of the products available. You may have paid the Drovers in the time, when you couldn’t force compliance, but with your current support, I believe the issues I’ve addressed is rather reasonable.

If situation was reversed, and Tregon was completely depended on Sav Alutlus, after we’ve burned down your fields and killed your herds, then certainly you would do something about the issue as well.

As for your threat that you would challenge me to a field of honor, I must ask, what makes you think I would deign to accept the challenge of some foreign savage? I've got an appointment in Harrowing Fields already and I don't intend to waste my time on a brute, with pretensions of honor.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-03-25 at 07:10 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Colossus in the Playground

Vasari

"You do betray yourself a coward, then, Vasari, and ignorant. It is so like a man of your kind, to lightly throw around the words "savage" and "barbarian" if you encounter a culture that is not yours. You call our honour pretense. I say to you that you never even had that. This city is a hole, for the rats to devour each other, and you are the rat-king, hiding your desperation behind the shadow plays of culture and sophistication. Words, Vasari. They are all but words.

Savage, you say, Vasari. You know nothing. Your culture is old, and you think it is better than hours, that we are barbarians. To that I say this.

Your culture is old. It is the culture of men a thousand years ago, and steeped in rituals who lost their meaning when they died.
    Our culture is new. It is alive, and it flows in our blood, and we are bulding it with our hands.

These hands of mine cleft the head of a king, when he broke promises and made slaves of my people. These hands built Tregon. And if these hands have two, these hands of Brigwa Stonecutter, they will tear down the walls of your city and break your necks for their people.

I am Brigwa Stonecutter. Not a queen, not a doctor, not a guildmaster, or a president. Merely Brigwa. I have no need of your titles, for all orkenkind knows of my name and my deeds. "
    Last edited by Eldan; 2013-03-25 at 07:37 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Orcs of Tregon

This city has endured for thousands of years, Orc. The history of Talidor stands, despite the best efforts of our ancient foes to erase it. And while I stand guardian over Sav Altulus, the ’’King of Rats’’ as you called me, I shall see your young and naive culture devoured, before you tear us down. I’ve beaten you and your allies in Gilded. I shall see you crushed, if you stand against me. Just because you build something with own hands, doesn’t mean it will not be destroyed or taken from you. I’ve certainly learned that lesson well, and I’m willing to teach you.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution

Vassari:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ramston has recently started up several communal farms - If the city would like to donate money and supplies to expand them, we would be glad to take some of your food dependency off of the orcs. While you may not like us, we have always been loyal to Sav Altulas, unlike the foreign orcs.

Go Tigers!

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Ram [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

This would be an excellent solution, but I fear that your food caravans would be attacked and destroyed by the Orkish marauders. With Wardens supporting them, unfortunately the SGA lacks the manpower to ensure proper protection. If you are ready to send the provision nevertheless, I shall arrange for proper payment on delivery.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-03-25 at 01:03 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1401

ESGE

To Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    We am acting, sir, because we know it is also foolish to ignore potentially dangerous intelligence. Whether or not I personally think it is true is no matter. Logic demands that we determine it's truth before we can continue, for if it is true and we ignore it is even more a folly than to follow through on it if it is false. We am in a tricky position where either of the two options could cause serious problems, and so we are forced to take a third.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!

Image to come

Buy my music here

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

ESGE [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

I admit I have no idea what you are talking about. Dangerous intelligence? Continuing something? Folly of some options?

I apologize for saying it, but can you be actually calling the drivel, that Wardens spouted during the Throne Meeting this ''Intelligence''? Me murdering innocent citizens of Sav Altulus through Redeye poisons, because I am mad apparently? You clearly can't mean that, so please dispel this confusion for my peace of mind.

23. - Top - End - #1403

ESGE

to Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, so that's what you were talking about? Gods above, I was barely even paying attention at that meeting. Dead boring.
    No, the Wardens just want an excuse to stomp you next. Oh, you had me going for a bit there. Here I was wondering how you could possibly know what the Wardens had told us.

However, Skeeve Redeye is dead, and very much so. Even a pretender is very dangerous, however we will be devoting most of our resources to producing food with magic, an invaluable service I'm sure you know. Indeed, in light of the recent crisis, the Gentlemen have volunteered to help in the effort.

You see, the Wardens were for some bizarre reason trying to convince me that someone was going to try to poison the food that we will be distributing, possibly this Redeye impersonator, and so we should not distribute the food we're making. I'm sure you can understand how not distributing the food and not checking for poison would each have serious consequences if we followed through.

He did hint that you were the possible culprit, but I dismissed that as unfounded speculation, as he provided no evidence for his claim.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

ESGE [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Poisoned food? This sounds absolutely terrible. Please ensure, that the shipments are well protected - I'm certain ESBA would provide assistance, if asked and perhaps Lord Laurier shall lend his strength, if it means stability for the city. ''

''To me it sounds like a plot to ensure that Orcs maintain their exclusive food supply, while framing Redeye imitator, while framing me for being said Redeye imitator. The nerve of them talking about being honorable, while resorting to such tactics, simply to let their allies make extra coin off our misery.''

''If you go after Redeye imitator, don't forget to manufacture some of my cure. The recipe is in the library. Of course it's possible, that a different poison with similar symptoms is used, but one can't be too careful.''

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Bugbear in the Playground

House Laurier to Order of the Wren (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Much like the food riots, I am of the opinion that so long as this imitator's degradations are limited to Runner's City--in which, if I am to be frank, they may easily be lost in the general malaise--I do not think it any concern of mine. I realize that this opinion may not sit well with a man of Castaways such as yourself, but I must first look to the success and health of my own family, and I think I cannot divert resources from keeping the chaos of the city at bay during this particularly chaotic time.

Verdan Contacts to Wardens (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Verdan inspector looks more like a bull than a clerk, but he brings with him all the appropriate forms and seems to have a grasp of and obsession with numbers that is frightening in its intensity. He does not take much time at all to perform his duties.

The next message from Verdan is swift in coming.

Your finances do, indeed, seem to be in good order--far better order than we would have expected, to be honest. The inventory that we think you may be interested in has been expanded accordingly. We of course have an excellent assortment of field artillery, but from the particulars of your message (needing to level buildings and neighborhoods rather than enemies across an open field of battle) we assume you require weapons for city fighting, in which case direct-fire cannon may not be your friend. As such, we would recommend an arrangement of bombards or, if money is no object, mortars, though the latter may not be of much use to you if you desire anything worth picking over in the rubble afterwards. We of course have a wide array of balls and shells that might be fired from such devices; the Verdan munitions that our island is famous for. For operations requiring some semblance of subterfuge, we have some minor instruments that might augment the ones already used by your operatives, including extreme environment masks and other armor, armored cloth no difference in appearance from everyday clothing, silent and miniscule spring-bows and a dozen other cunning devices for the discerning operator. A list of prices for every item mentioned is included with this missive.

Before going further, however, we would like to discuss a rather troubling matter with you regarding certain restrictions on trade that certain parties have been enforcing in Sav Altulas. Simply put, any amount of gold we gain from any deal with you will not, in the end, make up for the loss of the revenue stream from weapons shipments passing through your city. As such, we must regretfully insist that any arrangement we come to includes as a caveat the resumption of such shipments through Sav Altulas, without the interruptions that have plagued them for the past year and a half. This is a small matter for a order concerned with such greater things as you, but one that is very dear to our hearts and, more importantly, to our credit line.

Prices and Equipment
    Spoiler
    Show

Operator Equipment: Gives your spy types the equipment used by Verdan Operators--flash goggles, respirators, silence-bombs, climbing gloves, articulated scabbards/grips, etc. 6 WEL.

Operator Equipment II: Your agents are now equipped with extreme environment gear allowing them to breathe underwater, swim like fish and climb like spiders, along with the baseline gear described in OE1. 8 WEL

Operator Equipment III: Includes all of the gear from Operator Equipment and Operator Equipment II, along with customized emberlock rifles for sniping, small anti-magic null-bombs, more varieties of Verdan munitions and poisons, and anti-magic overrides to protect the enchanted equipment from the null-bombs and similar effects. 10 WEL

Verdan Munitions: The Monks of the Ascension have a thing for grenades. This trait ensures that your troops have a steady supply of Verdan flayers, burners, breakers, bangers and, if you decide to go for style over practicality, the infamous cussor bombs. 8 WEL.

Cussor One-Shot: This is a one-shot trait that gives you a small cache of cussors. Too heavy to throw out of the blast range, too volatile for artillery use, and too uncontrolled for demolitions work, the cussor is nevertheless considered the quintessential Verdan device. Enough force to level a small building, packed into a sphere just a little larger than a man's fist. 3 WEL.

Bombards: Angle guns designed to fire stone balls in an arcing trajectory, allowing for indirect fire on enemy fortifications. 6 WEL

Mortars: Angle guns designed to fire metal balls or hollow shells in an arcing trajectory, allowing for indirect solid or explosive fire on enemy fortifications. 10 WEL

Verdan Munitions (Shells): Normally, explosive shells are simple things with fuses that may or may not work, filled with black powder that may or may not ignite when and where it is expected to. This trait gives you shells that, while perhaps not having greater reliability, do have a number of other interesting effects. Shells filled with clingfire, shells filled with acid, shells filled with razor wire and springs, Verdan sells them all—even, for the crazy or desperate, shells built carefully around cussor bombs. 9 WEL

Jungle Contacts (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

We will see who comes and who emerges victorious. The weather in your city is getting warmer now, I hear; perhaps some will come up from the jungles now that it is not so frigid.

OOC: Jungle elf mercenaries do not have set exchange rates like the other types of mercenaries do (for example, the Laheim's 4 WEL for 1 MIL rate). Instead, any stats you spend to hire them go towards buying dice, which are then rolled to see how many points of elves actually show up, which could range from anywhere to a quarter to three times what you paid for. They are not particularly reliable, but you could get more than you would have if you'd hired other mercs (or much less), and you can hire them with stats other than WEL (convincing crazy elves to do crazy things, like you've been trying to do in your messages to them).

Imperial Contacts to Wardens (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Outside of the Chancery, the men most like what you describe would be the 354th Legion under General Bareth, which you may know as "the Coward's Legion." Unfortunately, those worthies are currently stationed in the city of Dakaas, to prevent any resurgence in rebellious activity there after the demise of the Lead Prophet. It has been long enough since then that we may be able to shift them elsewhere, but such a thing would amount to committing the Empire to war. Far better at this point, I think, to hire mercenaries, untrustworthy and unscrupulous as they may be.

EBSA to Bloodhaven (8)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Wardens we will not act against. They have always been upstanding in their support of law, and we see no reason to paint them with the same brush as Tregon. Their choice in mercenaries is unfortunate, but we cannot judge them for that. Tregon is another matter entirely. We are already pulling our personnel out of our field office there, and are going to rescind their inclusion in greater Sav Altulas as soon as the paperwork can be arranged. As for your request regarding the supposed bounty posted by the orcs on the Mercantile's Guild, that is a simpler matter. We are the law in this city, sir, and you may be assured that no attempts at murder, Guild officials or otherwise, will be tolerated. You do not need to call upon us to stop such things, for that is our job; indeed, I am ashamed that you thought you would have to.

House Laurier to SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

''Lord Laurier. Several of the Guilds a planning to sell off their properties. However we fear with situation in Gilded, the public might lack finances. You have numerous contacts in [Lomb Circle Trait], your powers of [Persuasion] make you a perfect agent and your [Foreign] origins would allow you to better work with foreigners from [Merdallan Contacts] and [Waterman Contacts], who I expect would have coin, despite trouble in Gilded

''Can we come to an arrangement, by which we will provide you commission, if agents of your House would be able to sell the properties at higher prices? The higher the price, the better the commission.''

[Basically if he gets us extra t. WEL, we transfer p. WEL worth as much. This way we can ''burn'' p. WEL at full value]
    That seems to be an excellent plan, good Doctor, one that I am especially pleased to support since it will deliver such riches to my family.

EBSA to Wardens (Public)
    Spoiler
    Show

Certainly. Consul Blizzardmarch will draw up the papers of engagement personally, should you wish.

House Laurier to Bloodhaven (Public)
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course, Doctor. I have, conveniently enough, performed that particular service often enough before, during a time when I lived in Chadrais.

SGA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

I know there is traits that will allow us to get better rates for burning wealth than our opponents, but could a VIP(The Trader) also help with that?

Also, taking into consideration all the traits(Warlord Contacts, Bandit Grudges, Friends in Low Places, etc, etc), how much wealth would it cost per MIL of bandits and mercs brought in for express purpose of fighting Wardens?
    He certainly couldn't hurt.

Cost is 2 per 1 MIL. Which is, admittedly, the usual cost for hiring Shattered Lands scum to fight for you. The main difference those traits makes is removing a lot of the negatives that hiring base mercenaries usually gets you--they will be less likely to rout, less likely to turn on you if a better offer is made, less likely to turn on you for no reason at all, less likely to loot things you were hoping to capture, etc.

Restaurant Association to Bloodhaven (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to our mutual friends supplying us with food when most of the city has none, we have found ourselves with a delightful surplus of coin and little to spend it on. You will of course have our assistance.

Drover's Association to Bloodhaven (4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We ain't exactly pleased with the way things are going, but there also ain't exactly a whole lot we can do about it. The Champions protect us, same as they've always done, so I reckon we can get out of this aight.
    Last edited by Zemalac; 2013-03-25 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Editing Restaurant and Drover's Associations messages to Bloodhaven
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution

Wardens:
    Spoiler
    Show

You are, by treaty, our protectors. Does this protection extend to those who are shipping goods to and from the city? Considering it is people from a town you protect, moving through a wasteland you are charged with keeping safe, into a city you are sworn to protect, I would assume so, but I wish to be sure.

Go Tigers!

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild-Hosts-Watch/Carriage Houses
    Spoiler
    Show
    I expect that, with the Orcs announcements earlier this month as well as them threatening to cut off their supply of meat, riots and more of the typical drunken brawls may erupt here pretty soon, once the realities of the situation sets in. I hope your people will be out in force until the chaos subsides? I will have my own guards on patrol just in case, but they may not be able to handle it alone.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

ESBA/Lord Laurier/Wardens
    Spoiler
    Show

''Regarding the duel. As I am a man of healing, rather then war and weapons, and as my skills are in great demand in this dark time for our beloved city, I believe I'm within my right to nominate a champion to fight to protect my honor on the Harrowing Fields. As such I present Urso Bloodhand as my champion.''

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Lahaim [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[Everybody else seems to send their contact messages as a PM...]

On behalf of a number of Guilds, I would be interested in purchasing services of your mercenaries. How much (MIL) can you supply?

Verdan Contacts [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

(To Gerard Niles or whoever is in charge at the moment.)

''May I inquire, if you heard any rumors about Wardens placing orders with your competitors in the White Market? I'm curious, whether I should be placing some orders for weaponry as well.''

I expect the Verdan Companies spies on each other like no tomorrow, so they'd know.

Restaurant Association [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

I'd like to suggest some investment in other businesses. While things went well for you, imagine, what could have happened, if you lacked food supply? You'd be on the verge of ruin, your guards gone, since you couldn't afford to pay them, and well, I grim picture indeed. The times are risky. I suggest you consider alternative sources of income - if the troubles with famine persist, you'll be able to endure with the coin brought by other means.

Now, it would be best, if the business you may wish to purchase is complimenting your primary sources of income. I believe Silversmith Guild may be interested in selling some of their businesses. It might be a good idea to have workshops producing silverware. You know that Silversmiths is a [Beautiful Trade] and with my connections to Merchant's Water I can see about securing you access to spices and exotic foods, that would allow you to make your business more upscale.

What sort of funds do you have access to at the moment?

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Troll in the Playground

EBSA, Laurier, Vassari
    Spoiler
    Show

As you're the one who challenged me, I do not see why you would get to name a champion. I would have EBSA check the legality of this. And in any case, I would request a check so Bloodhand would have no unfair advantages such as being or having a body part that has in some way been formed or molded by magical energies. Such advantages would have to be tempered with further handicaps in turn.

Ram
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, we'll protect your shipments. But I have to warn you that we're somewhat stretched and a concentrated effort against us, like the one perpetrated last month, would still most likely result in some losses.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show