New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    As long as it not be a pony dragon puppy, my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    THAT WOULD BE SO CUTE!
    No, no ponies will be involved. And I don't even think it would be that great if they were - I'm not a fan of the show, or ponies in general. In my mind, they will always just be tiny horses.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

*poke*

HI EOIN!
    *Poke*
    Hai Sheepy

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    No birches draped in crystalline! No soft matress of virgin clouds! It's just not the same!
    Attach pictures of wintery landscapes to the walls with assorted adherents!

Lots and lots of pillows!

We can make it work! We have the technology!

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    It astounds me that people think -10 C is all that cold
    Ya, I'd consider putting on a hat after swimming at that temperature. And maybe a non-paper thin sweatshirt if I can find one in my room.
    Last edited by Eon; 2012-11-24 at 09:58 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ettin in the Playground

Dear The Met Office,
    The reason no one ever listens to you when you impose hosepipe bans during the 'summer' is because we know that we'll get a surfeit of water in the next few months.

I've spent the last hour standing at the bottom of my road by the bridge watching the centre of my village flood.
    At eight this evening the river was about two inches below the road surface roughly fifty yards up from the bridge.
    This is ten or fifteen seconds from my home:
    Spoiler
    Show

By ten the river had burst its banks.
    The firemen have been thigh deep in water doing something with the electrics and whatnot in the Co-op, but had to go in through the roof because both entries into the shop were flooded. And the people who own the chippie are quite frantic because the water's starting to seep into the shop. And the new antique shop right by the river is flooded. And the guy who owns the cheese shop a few yards from the river is fixing his electrics and protecting his stock.

Oh, and high tide's in two hours.

Guess where I'm going?
    May take pictures. Depends on the pic quality and if I can convice the parental units to let me take their new camera.
    Wait... There's a cheese shop in your village?!? That is awesome!

Oh yeah... And flooding. That's never good. It doesn't flood near my house because we're on higher ground. Though a year or two ago when we got really bad flooding, one of the bridges over a nearby river was severely damaged and needed to be rebuilt.
    We seem prone to severe flooding separated by periods of drought here in Queensland...

Of course, I didn't see any of this flooding or the open floodgates at the dam. I miss everything interesting that happens in Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    ION: MY SISTER IS THE BEST SHE'S GOING TO MAKE ME A NEW DRAGONPUPPY!!!!!!!
    Awesome.

No, no ponies will be involved. And I don't even think it would be that great if they were - I'm not a fan of the show, or ponies in general. In my mind, they will always just be tiny horses.
    Naturally. I have to state that in my humble opinion, a chimerism of a pony, a dragon and a puppy wouldn't work out artistically.
    And there actually is a difference between a pony and a tiny horse. But I'm too lazy to explain.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait... There's a cheese shop in your village?!? That is awesome!

Oh yeah... And flooding. That's never good. It doesn't flood near my house because we're on higher ground. Though a year or two ago when we got really bad flooding, one of the bridges over a nearby river was severely damaged and needed to be rebuilt.
    We seem prone to severe flooding separated by periods of drought here in Queensland...

Of course, I didn't see any of this flooding or the open floodgates at the dam. I miss everything interesting that happens in Brisbane.
    Should've watched the news reports of it when school was closed, I think it was Channel 9 that did the coverage of that? It was pretty cool but terrifying at the same time. I think the new bridge for that is already up though surprisingly. At least from what I've heard.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ettin in the Playground

ION: MY SISTER IS THE BEST SHE'S GOING TO MAKE ME A NEW DRAGONPUPPY!!!!!!!
    Cool. *waits somewhere between patiently and eagerly*

Of course you do! The proper clothing for 273 K is shorts, sandals, and a T-shirt (especially if you ask my friend Henry)
    Shorts and sandals are silly things. But otherwise, ya, that sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    What?
    They're in Turkey, of course they're turkish plates. (And if I'm remembering where the Grand Bazaar is correctly, they're in Istanbul)

ION: My sister is learning how to drive. As much as I enjoy being home, having her drive the family places is... scary at best. That was not an enjoyable ride back from dinner....
    A few odds and ends.

6. - Top - End - #1176

Awesome.

Naturally. I have to state that in my humble opinion, a chimerism of a pony, a dragon and a puppy wouldn't work out artistically.
    And there actually is a difference between a pony and a tiny horse. But I'm too lazy to explain.
    Awesome it is.
    I agree with your opinion there - I'm just not sure where the pony would fit in.
    While I do realize that there is a difference between a pony and I tiny horse, that difference is irrelevant to my everyday life and/or interaction with either.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Cool. *waits somewhere between patiently and eagerly*

Shorts and sandals are silly things. But otherwise, ya, that sounds about right.

They're in Turkey, of course they're turkish plates. (And if I'm remembering where the Grand Bazaar is correctly, they're in Istanbul)

ION: My sister is learning how to drive. As much as I enjoy being home, having her drive the family places is... scary at best. That was not an enjoyable ride back from dinner....
    Yeah, my friend Henry (that may or may not be his real name) will walk two miles through a foot of snow in sandals. He's a madman.

I've been in that spot, with siblings learning to drive. I know it's terrifying at first, but trust me: it gets better.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ettin in the Playground

Awesome it is.
    I agree with your opinion there - I'm just not sure where the pony would fit in.
    While I do realize that there is a difference between a pony and I tiny horse, that difference is irrelevant to my everyday life and/or interaction with either.
    I quite agree. I cannot fathom how the pony would fit in without adding another head...
    I know. That's why I didn't bother explaining. No one really cares.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been in that spot, with siblings learning to drive. I know it's terrifying at first, but trust me: it gets better.
    Reminds of that time when I went to a guy's place to hangout.. His estate has corners you should go at probably.. what.. 20km/hr? He was goin at about 60-80km/hr. It was so fun.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Troll in the Playground

THAT WOULD BE SO CUTE!
    AUGH MY SOUL!

Reminds of that time when I went to a guy's place to hangout.. His estate has corners you should go at probably.. what.. 20km/hr? He was goin at about 60-80km/hr. It was so fun.
    He has an ESTATE? Nice.

Whar be Knee when you wanna starcraft?
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, but he's probably had practice doing that. That's only, what, 45 mph?

Yeah, my friend Henry (that may or may not be his real name) will walk two miles through a foot of snow in sandals. He's a madman.

When have sane people ever accomplished something cool?

I agree, although that's because I don't think it's possible for it to be worse, barring an actual accident. If it somehow gets worse, I'll take my chances walking 15 miles.

He has been oddly absent... I miss the budgie.

I quite agree. I cannot fathom how the pony would fit in without adding another head...
    I know. That's why I didn't bother explaining. No one really cares.
    Think like a chimera.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-11-25 at 12:11 AM.
    A few odds and ends.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ettin in the Playground

In my sister's case it's either complaining about going way too slow when going with parents or screaming at the fact that the centripetal force is nearing 10g on wide radius curves.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    In my sister's case it's either complaining about going way too slow when going with parents or screaming at the fact that the centripetal force is nearing 10g on wide radius curves.
    I wish I wasn't too lazy to try and calculate how fast you'd have to be going to get that...
    A few odds and ends.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ettin in the Playground

I wish I wasn't too lazy to try and calculate how fast you'd have to be going to get that...
    You'd need the curve's radius.

Assuming a radius of 10m:
    F=mac=mv2/r
    Masses cancel out
    30*9.8=v2/15
    v=54.22m/s
    v=195.2 km/h

So it's probably less considering given the radius and the speed I'd need a very long board with the centre of mass almost touching the floor not to roll over (if we knew the car's mass we could calculate if it in fact rolled over and with the static and kinetic friction we could calculate how much it rolls over; physics is FUN); empirically however it was enough to cause drifting and screaming and actually hear things moving on the trunk.

They never again complained about speed.

There is a reason you can determine which vehicle I have driven by the presence of the classical music station on the radio; it's the only way people can not die while I drive.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-11-25 at 12:50 AM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

AUGH MY SOUL!

He has an ESTATE? Nice.

He lives in an estate. Not has one. Silly Sheepie.

Starcraft.. Hmm.. Wouldn't it be nearly midnight at your place?

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, how were we supposed to know that? It's not like they told us, the only way until they mention the Grand Bazaar and they stop moving the camera so fast you can't get a look at the scenery for context clues, is the
    plates.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

These are the ties that I finally settled on from that shop, if anybody is interested.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dis poor sad budgie be struggling to finish papers that seem never to be finished. Both of my term papers are going to be late, and it's going to take a small miracle to even finish them. My butt hurts.

Nevertheless we should play a game this week and see if we can't co-ordinate with Mink's-eye as well. Although I am not sure if he is angry at me after our game when I was supremely irritating with mass Phoenix.

And so tomorrow I will pass my birthday writing papers instead of drinking wine with a harem of silk-robed Persian boys as my heart desires. ;____;

[Caesum causa brevitatis]

Still, a very lovely walk in my opinion. It's such a shame I can't share it in greater detail with the distinguished Kneenibble. If you ever come over on a cold and grey autumn day, I promise I'll show you all the best bird spotting grounds in the neighbourhood. And then we can go inside and warm ourselves on a warm cup of glögg.

Man I'd never thought I'd suddenly get such a strong craving for glögg. It must be due to a mix of equal parts excitement and penned up frustration, all caused by expectations on the already long overdue arrival of the winter. Oh well, the julmust season is already here, so at least I've got something to live for.
    Teeeeeeeeddy! *hugs*

I had a good laugh after reading your post, and wished I had the time to cultivate a better talent in the graphic arts. I imagined a film-noir style comic panel of Teddy strolling down a dimly lit street, seeing the rowan berries falling; then the birds fluttering away in a silhouetted cloud; then a shot of a dorky obese pigeon with a caption like "HEY GUYS CAN I HANG OUT WITH YOU" and then another shot of Teddy from above, raising his arms to the sky with a single manly tear. I'm not sure if I can explain it to the degree that it was funny in my head, and alas -- I lack the capability to put it to paper the way I want.

I get to see cedar waxwings [never heard of a Bohemian waxwing! - however they seem to be fairly similar] gobbling rowan berries on occasion -- in fact I remember a summer holiday several years ago where I first witnessed it on a sunny afternoon, unsure of the name of either, and attempted to sketch the spectacle. I do so love rowan trees, and plan to plant one in my garden in the spring.

You had better believe that I am going to be drinking glögg with almonds and raisins this winter, now that you have told me about it. How can I say this foreign vowel, "ö" at that time? My Canadian mouth's instinct is to rhyme it somewhat inelegantly with "log" which is probably why you say that the Swedish loanwords lose their elegance in English. May I burden you for your favourite recipe?

So it's probably less considering given the radius and the speed I'd need a very long board with the centre of mass almost touching the floor not to roll over (if we knew the car's mass we could calculate if it in fact rolled over and with the static and kinetic friction we could calculate how much it rolls over; physics is FUN); empirically however it was enough to cause drifting and screaming and actually hear things moving on the trunk.

There is a reason you can determine which vehicle I have driven by the presence of the classical music station on the radio; it's the only way people can not die while I drive.
    You're my kind of driver. I want you to blast Rachmaninoff with subwoofers and fling me through the Andes.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-11-25 at 02:57 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Troll in the Playground

F=mac=mv2/r
    Masses cancel out
    30*9.8=v2/15
    v=54.22m/s
    v=195.2 km/h

Note to self- I never want to experience how you'd drive if flight of the Valkyries is on the radio...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Nevertheless we should play a game this week and see if we can't co-ordinate with Mink's-eye as well. Although I am not sure if he is angry at me after our game when I was supremely irritating with mass Phoenix.
    Phoenix's are evil. Not angry, just annoyed.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Titan in the Playground

These are the ties that I finally settled on from that shop, if anybody is interested.
    Spoiler
    Show

Pre-tied? Really, O nibbler of knees? I thought better of you.

I swear this is like a blog for me or something..

My first ever boyfriend and I have been chatting and he said to me he'd be perfectly happy with being friends with benefits. And my jaw kinda hit the floor, went through it, went through the ground and went to China.. He knows it would be weird because I still have feeling for him and he doesn't reciprocate them but is it weird that I'd hope that he would eventually if we did stuff because, well.. He's sexually inexperienced? (As in.. Hasn't even had his first kiss)
    Am I the only one that thinks this sounds like a really bad idea?
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks this sounds like a really bad idea?
    No you're not. I just haven't said anything about it yet.

Dragons!

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ogre in the Playground

No you're not. I just haven't said anything about it yet.
    I'm kind of waiting for you to either hit me, discourage me, scold me, all of the above, or shoot me with a death ray.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    Attach pictures of wintery landscapes to the walls with assorted adherents!

Lots and lots of pillows!

We can make it work! We have the technology!
    It's just not the same!

[...]
    That's a wide curve to you?
    Oh well, I suppose that's an understandable sentiment for a city or mountain dweller, and that's pretty much all there is to Peru, isn't it. [/stereotypes]

Teeeeeeeeddy! *hugs*

I had a good laugh after reading your post, and wished I had the time to cultivate a better talent in the graphic arts. I imagined a film-noir style comic panel of Teddy strolling down a dimly lit street, seeing the rowan berries falling; then the birds fluttering away in a silhouetted cloud; then a shot of a dorky obese pigeon with a caption like "HEY GUYS CAN I HANG OUT WITH YOU" and then another shot of Teddy from above, raising his arms to the sky with a single manly tear. I'm not sure if I can explain it to the degree that it was funny in my head, and alas -- I lack the capability to put it to paper the way I want.
    I tried to picture it, and I saw it drawn in pencil and all very noir. Then I got to the pidgeon. The last panel is my outside reaction to the clash in my head.

I get to see cedar waxwings [never heard of a Bohemian waxwing! - however they seem to be fairly similar] gobbling rowan berries on occasion -- in fact I remember a summer holiday several years ago where I first witnessed it on a sunny afternoon, unsure of the name of either, and attempted to sketch the spectacle. I do so love rowan trees, and plan to plant one in my garden in the spring.
    Yeah, living separated by huge tracts of sea has a tendency to bring great differences in wildlife, even among our avian friends.

And rowan trees are pretty nice, and they've been planted in great numbers on the common areas in my neighbourhood, but they aren't known for the great smell of their flowers or the sweetness of their berries (quite the opposite, actually), and even though you could use the berries for liqueur or jelly, I've never found any good use for them except throwing fistfulls of them at my brothers and the other kids on the street. Rowan berry wars are glorious.

Also, the berries has a tendency to stay on the trees long into the winter, which makes them popular to the resident birds, but they have a habit of fermenting as well, and drunk birds seem to share a love for both high speed and windows. YOLO, if you get my drift.

You had better believe that I am going to be drinking glögg with almonds and raisins this winter, now that you have told me about it. How can I say this foreign vowel, "ö" at that time? My Canadian mouth's instinct is to rhyme it somewhat inelegantly with "log" which is probably why you say that the Swedish loanwords lose their elegance in English. May I burden you for your favourite recipe?
    The long 'ö' (such as the one in my name) isn't hard, think the 'i' in "bird" and you're close enough. I'm not sure there's any equivalent to the short 'ö' (such as the one in "glögg"), but try to pronounciate it quickly and I'm confident that you'd do well enough to pass as a Canadian who'd lived in Sweden for a few years.

And yes, the inevitable shift in pronounciation of most of the vowels (especially 'u', 'ĺ', 'ä' and 'ö') as well as the tendency to put the stress on the wrong syllables ("ombudsman" should be more like "oombuudsmann" than "ommbuddsmaan") is what kills it for me. Especially since some of the lost vowels are those I think have the best ring to them.

EDIT:
    Forgot the glögg. Sadly, we buy our glögg ready-made, so I don't know the recipe, and I don't think it's even publicly available. Sugar, clove and cardamum seems to be the regular ingredients, however.

Pretty much. Of course, I live at the seaside, and it takes thirty seconds to get the the shore itself.
    So, guess who only got back from watching the flood ten minutes ago?
    Will post pics in You thread tomorrow; I stayed pretty much until the waters were definitely down and staying down, so I got some good anecdotes.
    Also I got very wet given I was nearly - well, I say nearly, by the end I was knee deep in flood waters.
    In my old leaky trainers and some tracky bottoms I'd intended to wear to bed as my room is freezing. But it was for a good cause!
    No, I'm not some kind of idiot daredevil photographer who went into dangerous currents just to get a better shot. Totally a Good Samaritan. >.>
    Even a Good Samaritan can be a daredevil from time to time. And if you went home with no regrets, you probably made the right choice anyway. Experience builds character, the more you see, the more you develop.

Shame that. Floods are excellent. Well . . . they're not, but they're fun to watch. Of course, we're all vultures so.
    There was one guy, I'm certain he was working for the local newspaper, and I think he took photos of me . . . , but anyway, he went straight for the money shot.
    But I won't tell you what that is. That would be spoiling the Epic Saga.
    Well, marshy fields can be pretty when you roll past them by road or rail, but they're hardly especially dramatic. More like a small lake where there was none a few months ago.

And I'll wait patiently for its unravelling.

Now if you don't mind, I'm off massage warmth and feeling into my legs and feet before I lose them to the cold. Good thing we've got several old, rough towels isn't it?
    Also, I have video, some of which is of good enough quality to post. And some of which have my voice in them. Never realised how odd my voice is; it's . . . semi-RP, semi-accent if that makes sense.
    Well, it's too late for my helpful advice to aid you now, but I've learned that if you have to go to bed with cold legs and feets, first use your body temperature to heat up one end, and then rotate the whole bedsheet so that the warm end gets down to your feet. Your body heat is usually well enough to heat the other end of the sheet as well, and getting a warm foot end is a real life-saver (okay, more like sleep-saver, but still) when your room temperature barely manages to reach into the positives.

ION:
    I could hardly picture a day that's any more gray than this one. I mean, even a light drizzle would serve to brighten it up. With a uniformity the dystopian author could only dream to describe, the sky seeps into all things living and dead, slowly, but methodically, disolving their bones as they progress into the distance. With the discretion of the manipulator tyrant, it carves the dramatic out of your life and eschews the visual display.

Not a movement. Not a wind to breath seeming life into the starved vegetation.

Oppression through silence.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-11-25 at 04:22 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1193

Spoiler
    Show

Dis poor sad budgie be struggling to finish papers that seem never to be finished. Both of my term papers are going to be late, and it's going to take a small miracle to even finish them. My butt hurts.

And so tomorrow I will pass my birthday writing papers instead of drinking wine with a harem of silk-robed Persian boys as my heart desires. ;____;
    Happy birthday, my beatific budgie! Unless that's TOMORROW tomorrow, in which case Happy EARLY birthday. May your papers be finished with the speed of a peregrine, and the rest of your day soar as smoothly as an eagle.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-11-25 at 09:09 AM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Note to self- I never want to experience how you'd drive if flight of the Valkyries is on the radio...
    Really? I think it'd be rather entertaining. Well, unless you began to roll. Then it would likely become less fun quite quickly.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Troll in the Playground

Becuase of some leakage My hands now smell of glue (for mending the leakage) and mead which oddly enough is quite a reassuring smell...

Anyway: Mynxae: did your date work out?

Oh, and my mom's puppy (pictures are a few pages back if you want to see them, look for a spoiler in my posts) is really adorable and cute when she's not biting my ankles, shoes, trousers, or anything mine for htat matter
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    At the inverse, you never want to experience my driving when it isn't. Classical music prevents people from being run over, cars from being pushed towards the edges of cliffs and myself from getting to fifth shift on urban areas.
    That's a wide curve to you?
    Oh well, I suppose that's an understandable sentiment for a city or mountain dweller, and that's pretty much all there is to Peru, isn't it. [/stereotypes]
    Actually you got the stereotype wrong. Peru is an Amazonic country, we have more jungle than coast or highlands. The highlands are the poorest area so they get more political coverage (that and it also having Machu Pichu) and the coast is the most densely populated so it gets most of the attention because events tend to happen on it.

Even then, the radius was picked because it was the highest multiple of 5 that didn't imply a speed higher than my Mini's speed limit. Wide radius are rare on the coast because the way things ended up being built means the big arteries normally run in straight lines; it's actually on the highlands where you need to go around mountains which has massive mountain big radii curves.

Also, not a mountain dweller, a coastal dweller; jet ski included.
    ION:
    I could hardly picture a day that's any more gray than this one. I mean, even a light drizzle would serve to brighten it up. With a uniformity the dystopian author could only dream to describe, the sky seeps into all things living and dead, slowly, but methodically, disolving their bones as they progress into the distance. With the discretion of the manipulator tyrant, it carves the dramatic out of your life and eschews the visual display.

Not a movement. Not a wind to breath seeming life into the starved vegetation.

Oppression through silence.
    We call that Monday in August where I live.
    [QUOTE=Kneenibble;14277312]These are the ties that I finally settled on from that shop, if anybody is interested.
    Spoiler
    Show

Good fortune with the writing and the timing, may some serendipitous event allow you to finish brilliantly on time.
    Nothing prevents you from drinking accompanied while writing; if you are a philosophy major that could also most probably even result in an even better paper.

Also, Joyous birthday most aristocratic ἄριστος budgie!
    You're my kind of driver. I want you to blast Rachmaninoff with subwoofers and fling me through the Andes.
    I hope you can stand soroche, my driving probably wouldn't make it any better (Rachaminoff may however compensate partially for the that though.)

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Firbolg in the Playground

Never realised how odd my voice is; it's . . . semi-RP, semi-accent if that makes sense.
    IIRC you've said before that your accent comes out more when you're at home. In contrast I've never really noticed it when talking to you IRL except when you were specifically putting it on. So while I can't exactly imagine what you mean, it does make sense.
    Or maybe your voice is always like that and I just never registered the Cornish elements of it because I'm bad at accents.

ION: So it turns out leaving the house to do things can be an effective antidote to 2 days sitting inside stewing in a bad mood. Who knew?
    Also alcohol and parties screw with my sleep and leave me feeling weird the following day, so I do odd things like curl up in a corner and pile cushions around me for warmth.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

Actually you got the stereotype wrong. Peru is an Amazonic country, we have more jungle than coast or highlands. The highlands are the poorest area so they get more political coverage (that and it also having Machu Pichu) and the coast is the most densely populated so it gets most of the attention because events tend to happen on it.
    No, I got my stereotypes just right (as in "these are the stereotypes", not "these stereotypes are right"). This is Sweden, a country more than 10000 km away from yours. The only reason to why we know about your existence to start with is because we built some schools for you up in the mountains some time long ago. That, and Machu Pichu. Ergo, the stereotype is that Peru is mountainous, poor and very foggy. And has some old ruins from a time of greater glory.

We call that Monday in August where I live.
    In that case, I do not envy your August climate the slightest. Also, taking away the sensational value of "But August is in the summer!", that's roughly equivalent to saying "Monday in Febrary" when you take the difference in hemishperes into acount, which hardly sounds especially sexy. Also, February is our main winter month, which means that August should be yours, and therefore, I don't envy your winters the slightest either. At least not your coastal low-land winters...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-11-25 at 12:25 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ettin in the Playground

No, I got my stereotypes just right (as in "these are the stereotypes", not "these stereotypes are right"). This is Sweden, a country more than 10000 km away from yours. The only reason to why we know about your existence to start with is because we built some schools for you up in the mountains some time long ago. That, and Machu Pichu. Ergo, the stereotype is that Peru is mountainous, poor and very foggy. And has some old ruins from a time of greater glory.
    Peru is actually mountainous, poor and very foggy. We have a good chunk of the Andes; it's not that we have little mountains, it's that we have insanely more jungle. Fogginess however is more common in coastal areas while extreme poverty is more common to the highlands.
    In that case, I do not envy your August climate the slightest. Also, taking away the sensational value of "But August is in the summer!", that's roughly equivalent to saying "Monday in February" when you take the difference in hemispheres into account, which hardly sounds especially sexy. Also, February is our main winter month, which means that August should be yours, and therefore, I don't envy your winters the slightest either. At least not your coastal low-land winters...
    We lack snow in the coastal areas, have lacked for at least 300 years, the days are rather uniformly not notable due to monotony of greys.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Colossus in the Playground

The Wii U is still magical. Just saying.

Anyway, today we had a cleaning day. We're finished! The house is so spotless~