New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Sidebars and Misplaced Rules Text

I'm itching to make a character with a bunch of strange, forgotten, or overlooked abilities. So, is there a comprehensive list of all of the rules text (that's useful for making a character) that's in sidebars or otherwise misplaced (misplaced includes things that aren't well organized, where all of the classes, feats, etc are spread throughout the whole book)? 3.5/3.0/eberron/FR/anything WotC.

Feel free to chip in with the ones that you might remember offhand, too ^^

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room!" – Kubrick, "Dr. Strangelove"
    I do still exist. I'm active on discord. Priestess of Neptune#8648

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Sidebars and Misplaced Rules Text

Word Given Form is a pretty neat Martial Art (an OA mechanic originally, I think) in the Tome of Magic, hidden in the Truenamer section somewhere. Once you get its prerequisites, it lets you get 50% miss chance against your Dodge target, which is a pretty decent benefit (though not really worth the cost unless you need most of the bits for something else already).
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, one of my favorite subsystems is a big jumble of misplaced text. Magic of Incarnum describes how Incarnum works as far as soulmeld location near the beginning of the book, has the rules for maximum essentia investment in the opening chapter concerning classes, talks about how many soulmelds you can shape in the class chapter, and then has another chapter containing the list and details of each soulmeld.

While I love the book, it is a very confusing read the first few times. Usually takes three or four reads to say "I think I understand this."
    If you feel like quoting something that I have said, you have my permission to use it. Unless it makes me look stupid.
    Gaming Laws, Fallacies And More
    My Homebrew
    Feel free to browse and comment on any of my Homebrew. I enjoy feedback.
    Love my Avatar? Well, why not check out the comic that it came from?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

The feat "Hidden Talent" is tucked away in a sidebar in the XPH. It replaces "wild talent" since it's a strictly superior feat; gaining a first level power known to go with your 2pp, even if you're not a member of a psionic class.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign