New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Judgement

1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Judgement

Useless, useless business. This whole thing was such a waste of time. But if a journey was to be undertaken and a trial was to be held, then by God it would be done according to the commandments of the Papacy and the true result found.

Following the mumbling priest for a moment, a man covered in a travelling cloak stops to glance at the author.

"You new in town? Plague struck the city hard, most likely brought here by some sort of unholy witchcraft. The most likely suspect has been caught and detained, and we'll have to hold a trial to prove her guilt or innocence. That's all there is to it, yeah."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

A thickly-mustachioed man waltzes up to the chicken lady. Being Hungarian, he knows his chickens (and man are those roosters annoying at 3 in the morning!).

How much for chicken?
    Last edited by Szilard; 2012-11-20 at 07:57 PM.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    The priest stumbled past the author, as if he hadn't noticed the presence. He spoke softly, mumbling to himself.
    "Changing times, a witch brought through,
    Shade and squalor, what else is new?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    "You new in town? Plague struck the city hard, most likely brought here by some sort of unholy witchcraft. The most likely suspect has been caught and detained, and we'll have to hold a trial to prove her guilt or innocence. That's all there is to it, yeah."
    "Excuse me sir, father, but have either of you by any chance heard of Merla of Garretsville? She opened a tavern here two winters back, the Lucky Duck. She's my Aunt see, and I need to find her soon because I don't have anywhere else to stay."
    The BareFoot Programmer

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    "Excuse me sir, father, but have either of you by any chance heard of Merla of Garretsville? She opened a tavern here two winters back, the Lucky Duck. She's my Aunt see, and I need to find her soon because I don't have anywhere else to stay."
    A barmaid, on her way to the chicken stall, catches the name 'Merla of Garretville'. She freezes in place for a moment as her eyes water, then takes off the way she came, moving with less purpose then before but still quite quickly.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

It was good working as the bartender.
    ALL PEOPLE WITH NAMES IN THE CITY LOVED TO COME AND DRINK AT HIS PLACE.

This tavern sells beds, food and drinks of all kind.
    Despite everything, its still me.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

Taner arrived in this city recently, hoping he had finally found a place to stay and now it looked like he was going to have to brave the roads again, only this time he would not be with friends, but with strangers and each one of them had a different interest in this particular journey. He knew that the girl was innocent as he had arrived in the city at the same time as she did. She was as likely to be guilty of being a witch as he was. He frowned at the dark thoughts stirring in his head as he packed his meager belongings and left towards the meeting place.

He watched the gathering from a distance. Trying to figure out why some of them were coming along. The priest was an expected presence, and the man in the traveling cloak could be the guide or some servant of the church but what in the Almighty's name was that man with the cart doing? Surely he wasn't going to haul that thing all the way to the sacred site. The only good thing about this strange gathering was that in his plain (but clean) clothes Taner would not stand out at all. Who was going to pay attention to the random young man with that crazy inn keeper and his cart tagging along.

Deciding that he studied the gathering from a distance long enough he joined them to see what the general mood was.
    Last edited by TigerFang; 2012-11-21 at 05:34 AM.
    TigerPony avatar by Akrim.elf

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    The man turns to face the new voice. As he sees the boy, his face takes a softer tone.

"Uh, boy. I don't know who sent you, but I'm afraid the owner of the Lucky Duck was taken from us some months ago. At the height of the curse laid upon us."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Szilard View Post
    A thickly-mustachioed man waltzes up to the chicken lady. Being Hungarian, he knows his chickens (and man are those roosters annoying at 3 in the morning!).

How much for chicken?
    Two silvers, please. she says, then steps back so he can look at the table behind her. It's filled with chickens, each looking about as good as the one in her hand.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

9. - Top - End - #39
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Harley takes out quill and ink, jotting down notes.

"Plague, you say?! Can magic truly do that? Well, remarkable things shall happen. I say. Where would this 'Witch' be?"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    Harley takes out quill and ink, jotting down notes.

"Plague, you say?! Can magic truly do that? Well, remarkable things shall happen. I say. Where would this 'Witch' be?"
    The priest mumbles in response, a dove alighted onto his shoulder, cooing rhythmically along with the man's statements.
    "Here and there, and everywhere,
    The people are faced with despair.
    The witch you seek is nigh somewhere,
    On ground, in water, or in air."

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

The priest mumbles in response, a dove alighted onto his shoulder, cooing rhythmically along with the man's statements.
    "Here and there, and everywhere,
    The people are faced with despair.
    The witch you seek is nigh somewhere,
    On ground, in water, or in air."
    Dont forget the fire.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Uh, boy. I don't know who sent you, but I'm afraid the owner of the Lucky Duck was taken from us some months ago. At the height of the curse laid upon us."
    Thawn stands rooted to the spot whilst he attempts to take in this horrible news. He knew things were bad, but he'd never considered the possibility that the Plague could have taken his Aunt.

Eventually he resolves that whoever was responsible for this Plague must pay, and sets off in search of the witch.
    The BareFoot Programmer

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

"Hey. Where are you going, boy? Wait!" He curses his lack of social grace. Someone might've put the news in a more delicate manner.

The kid's probably in shock... best not let him get lost, something might happen. The man follows after Thawn.

"You don't have anywhere to stay, right? I should arrange you a place at the church, at least for now."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

"You don't have anywhere to stay, right? I should arrange you a place at the church, at least for now."
    "So your journey's not a waste,
    I can take you there post haste."

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

A young man enters the tavern, looks around, then steps up to the barman. "Ah, it's good to be back in town", he says to himself. "Do you happen to have a cheap room, sir?"

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Money exchanged, Szilard trots off with his chicken and heads for the Tavern.

You know, we be moving on soon. Maybe you should consider a traveling tavern? A Trav'ern? Anyway, got any palinka?

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Suddenly, a bell tolls throughout the city, a mounful sound that stopped everyone in their tracks. And then...the doors to the prison open, and from within, two burly guards push a young lady unceremoniously out the door, and as she stepped through the doorway, she tripped and fell face flat onto the floor.

"Get up, scum." One of the guards sneered, spitting a glob of saliva near her. The other guard, more sympathetic, helped her to her feet, though he kept a firm grip to prevent her from escaping.

Behind the guards, the pope steps out, directing the two to put the girl in the cage, he turns to the assembled group of people.

"I thank you for volunteering for the trip. Pack up your stalls, keep your belongings, and prepare to leave. Booking a room may not be the best of ideas if it's going to stay empty." he said simply, locking the door to the cage.

"Fleeing Coward and Murska shall be the Priests that will bless your journey, and Matthias2207 shalll be the navigator to guide you. They have been trained, and chosen personally by me. Godspeed."

With that said, the gates out of the city swing open, and after the participants prepare, they set off.

Day/Night 1 begin
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have three days to talk and submit any night actions in your QT.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

As soon as they set off Taner rushed near the cage to talk to her.

"Are you alright? Did they hurt you?" He asked, his voice filled with worry, not caring who saw or heard him.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Alright.
    The tavern is Open!

Come in your MASSES and drink! you can also eat here if you want!

I vote to Swear at Murska

Swear: Lynch and immidietly revive a target during the day.
    Last edited by super dark33; 2012-11-22 at 05:49 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

"So your journey's not a waste,
    I can take you there post haste."
    "Why thank you sir, father. If there is anything I can do to help earn my keep, I'd be more than happy to help."

Thawn follows the good man to the church and drops off the few belongings he has in the room the man indicates. Since everyone else heads out to watch the witch, he goes with them for now.

As the witch passes the spot where he is standing, Thawn shouts:

"So, witch, why were you spared the ravages of the plague when so many good people had to die?"

His cries are almost drowned out by the accusations being hurled by the crowd.
    Last edited by TBFProgrammer; 2012-11-22 at 10:03 AM.
    The BareFoot Programmer

21. - Top - End - #51
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

To the pope:

"Thank you for remarkable chance to record horrible workings of witchcraft. World needs to be shown just what they can do and what must be done to stop it."

Turning to Priests and Guide:

"Am afraid I'm new here. Have found out this Witch is responsible for plague, but just how can we protect ourselves? How to kill this powerful woman? And, if I may ask, what proof has there for her guilt? Might there be more? I only ask for fear of my own and our safety if we are to carry this out."

Other than what he's interested in, slightly oblivious to crowd around him shouting accusations and insults and threats at witch.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

((Hey guys! Guess what role I got!

Also since some people seemed to be unclear about it, Day/Night is a single phase. ))

"I thank you for asking, kind stranger. I don't have any serious injuries but, well, the kind of people who throw a girl in a cage tend not to be gentle about it. Or at least that's my experience so far." The girl replied to Tanner.

To Thawn she replies, "I could ask you the same question."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    ((Hey guys! Guess what role I got!

Also since some people seemed to be unclear about it, Day/Night is a single phase. ))

"I thank you for asking, kind stranger. I don't have any serious injuries but, well, the kind of people who throw a girl in a cage tend not to be gentle about it. Or at least that's my experience so far." The girl replied to Tanner.

Let me guess: Fool?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    "I arrived in town Today. She's been here since the plague began" Thawn mumbles, but he is now too far from the witch for her to hear, even if he shouted.
    The BareFoot Programmer

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

The man, opening his cloak to show the symbols of one of the leading Priests of the expedition, pushes through the group to end up near the Witch.

"Everyone, please back off a bit. We do not want to give her any opportunities for further mischief. If you are to converse with her, arrange an opportunity with either myself or the other Priest beforehand so we can take the appropriate precautions. This journey is important, for we have been given a task by the Voice of God on Earth himself to bring the trial to a definite conclusion and prove once and for all the truth of her guilt or innocence. Let us act according to the gravity of the matter at hand."

Turning to the girl herself, he frowns and continues on a much lower tone.
    "As for you, I suggest trying to stay quiet and avoid riling the people up further. Regardless of the true strength of your faith, you're liable to get lynched if you don't and keeping you alive until the conclusion of this affair is my duty."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

The girl rolls hey eyes at the priest's speech and responds to him, pointedly loudly enough for anyone nearby to hear, "I think I'll speak when spoken to thanks. It's only polite. Not that people who blame their troubles on random strangers without any proof would know anything about manners. As for safety, why I have this mighty shield of metal between me and what's out there. If the strength of anyone's faith is going to be tested, I'd be more worried about yourself than me."

((Edit: @Superdark: lol.))
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-11-23 at 12:37 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

I just think it's great that we all speak the same language here. Wherever we are. Must be the witch's doing!
    Last edited by Szilard; 2012-11-23 at 12:41 PM.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

The priest just rolls his eyes at the sheer mind-boggling idiocy of the witch girl, and ignores her outburst. It's not the first time he's put on duty guarding people who don't know what's best for them.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

The bartender ignored mostly everything.
    he only knew that there was a witch and people wanted to see if she actually is a witch.

Better get those pitchforks and torches and pitchfork-torches around.
    might be a nice income.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

As the witch passes the spot where he is standing, Thawn shouts:

"So, witch, why were you spared the ravages of the plague when so many good people had to die?"

His cries are almost drowned out by the accusations being hurled by the crowd.
    Tanner turns towards him with a scowl. "By that logic sir everyone that isn't sick is a bloody witch. Including me." Then he looks at the girl, his expression softening. "Don't worry. The truth will come to light and they will all see how misguided this is."

I just think it's great that we all speak the same language here. Wherever we are. Must be the witch's doing!
    Way to break the 4th wall with a sledgehammer.