New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oh man, productive Teddy! This can only mean good things
    Sadly for you, I'm stuck with a bunch of projects with hard deadlines, so I'll have to make priorities.

Anyway...
    Programmer powers, activate!
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #572
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Sadly for you, I'm stuck with a bunch of projects with hard deadlines, so I'll have to make priorities.

Anyway...
    Programmer powers, activate!
    Ok. Enjoy your programming Teddy!

3. - Top - End - #573
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I'M ALIVE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! *coughs*
    Hello AT! It's been a while, hasn't it?
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

4. - Top - End - #574

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    February? If this is on a weekend, then I am 99% sure that this can totally work! Hooray!
    Yeah, it'll probably/almost certainly be on the weekend.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

5. - Top - End - #575

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Yeah, it'll probably/almost certainly be on the weekend.
    Excellent. When you know when you'll be around, PM me. We must plan this well.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

6. - Top - End - #576
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I'M ALIVE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! *coughs*
    It's... ALIIIIVE! And has a 2d6 hp regen per round!

(Great to see you is not dead, by the way. One day I'll be on Facebook for more than 10 minutes and not on a sugar high/crash)

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    It's strange how an incident in the news can have a really profound effect on you even when you don't know the people involved. The news item in question relates to a nurse that was a victim of a hoax phone call and gave out information over the phone to a call show in Australia. It doesn't have a happy ending.

I guess I can relate to it because when you're working in a hospital mistakes *will* happen, however much we want to pretend they don't. I feel really sorry for her and angry that she commited suicide because of a "joke".
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-12-07 at 06:39 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

Remember that Ingress thing?

Well, I've started it. It's... Honestly, I don't know. Today was too cold and rainy to go wandering around randomly without gloves.

I did manage to get the tutorial going when I got home, though, so it was okay. Basically an AR game with two factions and it keeps track of areas captured by each globally.

If any other people want to join, I'm in the Enlightened, and I can give you an invite code.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #578

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post

Well, I've started it. It's... Honestly, I don't know. Today was too cold and rainy to go wandering around randomly without gloves.

I did manage to get the tutorial going when I got home, though, so it was okay. Basically an AR game with two factions and it keeps track of areas captured by each globally.

If any other people want to join, I'm in the Enlightened, and I can give you an invite code.
    Oooh, could I get an invite?
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post

I would, but I don't have any kind of phone to play it on. It does look like an interesting game, though.
    A few odds and ends.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

Oooh, could I get an invite?
    Great. Assuming you have some Android device, anyway. PM me the email to send the code to?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #581

BLurf.

I'm on the part of the sickness where you've coughed and blown your nose so much your head is splitting. This is exactly as pleasent as you think.

Blurgh.

12. - Top - End - #582

And it's a very short time to me. Whenever I'm closing up on a hard deadline, the clocks have a tendency to start ticking faster. Good thing I'm efficient when I actually can pull myself to action...

It's possible if you're sufficiently dedicated, and they haven't gritted the roads yet (although you should avoid them anyway, because cars bring dirt, and dirt is terrible to your skis). For some reason, it seems like they refuse to do so in the first day after snowfall, possibly because they want the roads properly compacted before pouring gravel on them...

Well, for as long as you deal with the sources of your stress, good luck with that!
    Ugh, I know. I'm suffering both right now. Every day takes forever, but days go by far too quickly.

I'm so jealous of you getting snow at all.

Yeah. More about that below.

Don't worry, you're not screwing up the game schedule at all! I completely understand that everyone has a life outside the game and I can't force them to devote all their time to the game. And besides, you're my friend. I want you to be happy
    Thank you. <hugs> Thank you so very much. <hugs>

BLurf.

I'm on the part of the sickness where you've coughed and blown your nose so much your head is splitting. This is exactly as pleasent as you think.

Blurgh.
    I had that once for four solid days. All school days, at the height of my lack-of-sleeping, most of which had a test for some class attached to them.

ION: I've decided that the online class I'm taking for fourth period isn't working for me. I'm going to try and drop out. I'm really depressed about it, because it means I'll not be able to take Calculus later on in high school, but at some point during my gap years. It's really depressing, and I'm a little bit angry with the way things worked out. I tried really hard. I got my report card today. All A's, except for that one class, at which I am currently a 79.84%. And it's gotten me massively behind, and the program changed part of the way through in the physical realm, so that's another thing, and I'll give full details once I'm done feeding the cats. Because I need to do something.

IOON: Oh, by the way, first Mock Trial scrimmage of the year today. I'm not in the team that was competing, but I did get to have pizza, host the other school, and watch the entire case get run-through. (minus pretrial, opening, and closing, because SOMEHOW their team thinks they can do examination of witnesses without having a method in their madness of questions. It was pretty cool overall.

My counterpart on the other team if I'd have been on the stand was far inferior to both my school's versions (me and another girl.) He was practically reciting it word for word from his statement.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #583
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I had that once for four solid days. All school days, at the height of my lack-of-sleeping, most of which had a test for some class attached to them.

ION: I've decided that the online class I'm taking for fourth period isn't working for me. I'm going to try and drop out. I'm really depressed about it, because it means I'll not be able to take Calculus later on in high school, but at some point during my gap years. It's really depressing, and I'm a little bit angry with the way things worked out. I tried really hard. I got my report card today. All A's, except for that one class, at which I am currently a 79.84%. And it's gotten me massively behind, and the program changed part of the way through in the physical realm, so that's another thing, and I'll give full details once I'm done feeding the cats. Because I need to do something.
    Yeeks. I tend to either suffer through one day of concentrated suck, or a two week long sickfest.

All A's is great. One class of bad is high school tradition. I know you hear this alot (I assume as much as I get told to work harder) but a class that you dnt take very serious can be great. God knows, Ive gotten calmer since I got louder and less serious in english.

IOON: Oh, by the way, first Mock Trial scrimmage of the year today. I'm not in the team that was competing, but I did get to have pizza, host the other school, and watch the entire case get run-through. (minus pretrial, opening, and closing, because SOMEHOW their team thinks they can do examination of witnesses without having a method in their madness of questions. It was pretty cool overall.

My counterpart on the other team if I'd have been on the stand was far inferior to both my school's versions (me and another girl.) He was practically reciting it word for word from his statement.
    Aww. Competing in debates are awesome. I dont actually know about mock trial much, but i know its like a demented Congress-PF crossbreed with legal problems.

Well, was he a freshie? They can be seriously scared, its adorable. But nervousness can stop the snap acts that student debate/speech teams need cold, and thats when you see them rely on their prewritten statements. In freshies case, case written by the seniors.

One happy thing today... I got my PSAT scores, yippie. I wanna brag/compare with peopleeeeees.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

14. - Top - End - #584

Thank you. <hugs> Thank you so very much. <hugs>
    Anything for a friend

15. - Top - End - #585

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Yeeks. I tend to either suffer through one day of concentrated suck, or a two week long sickfest.

All A's is great. One class of bad is high school tradition. I know you hear this alot (I assume as much as I get told to work harder) but a class that you dnt take very serious can be great. God knows, Ive gotten calmer since I got louder and less serious in english.

Aww. Competing in debates are awesome. I dont actually know about mock trial much, but i know its like a demented Congress-PF crossbreed with legal problems.

Well, was he a freshie? They can be seriously scared, its adorable. But nervousness can stop the snap acts that student debate/speech teams need cold, and thats when you see them rely on their prewritten statements. In freshies case, case written by the seniors.

One happy thing today... I got my PSAT scores, yippie. I wanna brag/compare with peopleeeeees.
    Yeah. I get long periods of sick, and then weeks following it of getting better slowly.

Well, the class is a stupid one. I'll take it with a real teacher next year and always be a step behind my friends, but I'm just not able to deal with this ****ing class.

It's like sitting through three entire court cases in one day at State, and witnesses accidentally learning all the objections by being around the lawyers day in and day out.

Senior. And don't be so snooty, sophomore.

Heehee. I never bothered with PSATS when the time came for them. Actually, I didn't know what they were until the weeks the school started announcing them.

Actually, I'm still not sure what the SATs are.

Anything for a friend
    <huggles>
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #586
    Bugbear in the Playground

Man. It's fun being the only sober guy at the cast party. Seriously, watching other people become sappy-friendly and fail at basic tasks is really amusing. I got hugged so many times.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground

Ugh, I know. I'm suffering both right now. Every day takes forever, but days go by far too quickly.
    Well, thankfully I don't have to suffer through that.

I'm so jealous of you getting snow at all.
    You should be. In fact, everyone should be. It's glorious. ♫

Well, the class is a stupid one. I'll take it with a real teacher next year and always be a step behind my friends, but I'm just not able to deal with this ****ing class.
    Sounds like a wise decision. I wouldn't want you to burn out even before threading into the working life. Way too many overachieving young people (and especially women) suffer it each year, and I don't want it to happen to one of my good friends as well...

Show

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ettin in the Playground

Just my two cents as someone's who's entire academic career crashed and burnt with the fury of a thousand Suns; It is never too early to drop a class you think may be harmful to your overall performance or your health.
    Don't worry about delaying Calculus, it's not as tricky as one would think to pick it up.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

19. - Top - End - #589
    Troll in the Playground

Currently off sick from work due to my inability to keep food down... I hate being sick...

Have plenty of medical advice available- so there's no need to violate forum rules on my account.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Man. It's fun being the only sober guy at the cast party. Seriously, watching other people become sappy-friendly and fail at basic tasks is really amusing. I got hugged so many times.
    This. Hands-down the best reason to go to a party. Drunk people are hilarious!

Just my two cents as someone's who's entire academic career crashed and burnt with the fury of a thousand Suns; It is never too early to drop a class you think may be harmful to your overall performance or your health.
    Don't worry about delaying Calculus, it's not as tricky as one would think to pick it up.
    Agreed, on both counts.

ION: I see a lot of people getting sick... forum-goers and non-forum-goers. I hope I'm not next.
    A few odds and ends.

21. - Top - End - #591

Well, thankfully I don't have to suffer through that.

You should be. In fact, everyone should be. It's glorious. ♫

Sounds like a wise decision. I wouldn't want you to burn out even before threading into the working life. Way too many overachieving young people (and especially women) suffer it each year, and I don't want it to happen to one of my good friends as well...
    Yay for you.

Arghflarghlhmmphgrr.

I'm pretty sure it'll look terrible I dropped out of a class before the first semester even finished. I was so confident I had the ability to do this... I'm just pissed because I know if the school actually had given me the option of having a real teacher, I'd be doing just fine, and I'd be moving ahead quickly.

It wasn't harming my performance anywhere else, it was just giving me a ****ty grade without me learning anything. So I was in real danger of getting a VERY ****ty grade in the next year with the following class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Currently off sick from work due to my inability to keep food down... I hate being sick...

Have plenty of medical advice available- so there's no need to violate forum rules on my account.
    <hugs> Sorry 'bout that.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #592
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    This. Hands-down the best reason to go to a party. Drunk people are hilarious!
    People who are high: also funny. Although it was a little weird when one girl asked me if she could take my "weed-ginity."

Seriously, the only bad part of that party was at the beginning when everyone was trying to convince me to drink because "college is the time for you to be free; your parents aren't going to find out" as if my parents were my only reason for not drinking.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

23. - Top - End - #593

No final exams until Wednesday! I am free for four days! Woooooo!
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

I'm pretty sure it'll look terrible I dropped out of a class before the first semester even finished. I was so confident I had the ability to do this... I'm just pissed because I know if the school actually had given me the option of having a real teacher, I'd be doing just fine, and I'd be moving ahead quickly.
    Terrible to whom? And especially, who cares about that in 5 years time?

ION:
    Mum has the best materials lying about for all your pretentious desires. A roll of red ribbon and I'll have all I need...

Show

25. - Top - End - #595

Terrible to whom? And especially, who cares about that in 5 years time?

ION:
    Mum has the best materials lying about for all your pretentious desires. A roll of red ribbon and I'll have all I need...
    Who says I have five years?
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #596

Clearly this is the greatest thing ever done by any navy ever.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

27. - Top - End - #597
    Troll in the Playground

Clearly this is the greatest thing ever done by any navy ever.
    I'm not convinced that it beats this.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

Who says I have five years?
    ...to live?

I'm just saying that how well you performed at a given level loses importance a few years after you've left it. I think the new research I read about said that college students in the 3rd year performed just about equally well despite what their grades were back in high school. Given, this was Swedish research on the Swedish school system (assuming I didn't get something terribly wrong), but my point still stands. When you graduate from college, prospective employers generally only care about your degree.

Show

29. - Top - End - #599

<huggles>
    *hugs*

Also, I hope everything goes well with what you're doing. You've got my support, no matter the situation!

30. - Top - End - #600

NecromancerGuy

Given everything else you've said on the subject, I sincerely doubt that it'll ruin your life and put you upon a path into poverty and obscurity. It's not great, but, eh, now you've got something that can become a talking point for when you've had to exercise good judgment in a troubling, complicated situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide