Dat geromy tattoo.
    Despite everything, its still me.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 7: At the Price of Oblivion

Update
    Spoiler
    Show
    Caliborn's progress as an artist is actually pretty scary if we assume that it showcases his ability to improve himself with effort.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it me, or are these pesterlogs getting bloated? I often find myself wishing I could skim them and get the point that way.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Is it me, or are these pesterlogs getting bloated? I often find myself wishing I could skim them and get the point that way.
    Pesterlogs have always been bloated -- in that they are long and sparse with detail just like real chats.

At least we don't have to deal with any obnoxious quirks for these most recent ones. The ones with the more obnoxious quirks (e.g. Terezi) always gave me headaches.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Pesterlogs have always been bloated -- in that they are long and sparse with detail just like real chats.

At least we don't have to deal with any obnoxious quirks for these most recent ones. The ones with the more obnoxious quirks (e.g. Terezi) always gave me headaches.
    Terezi, Feferi, Gamzee and somtimes Vriska when you couldnt know what role the 8 was supposed to be.
    Despite everything, its still me.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Feferi and Eridan were the only ones that annoyed me after a while, I got used to just reading the others, but the repeated letters of Eridan and the annoying substitutions of Feferi (possibly just not seeing her enough, too) got to me.

Spoiler
    Show
    Previous avatar courtesy of CoffeeIncluded - of Kurt, from the Toes in the Water Knee Deep Against the current Stormy Seas campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    The irony comes in when we use "Orcs are a metaphor for human savagery" to rationalize human savagery.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Be happy that there are no Mituna based pesterlogs.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

8. - Top - End - #68

I'm going to call it now: While Caliborn's JuJu is uROBuROS, Calliope's jUjU will be UrobUros.

Other things of note: That's an actual gold tooth, like Lord English, and it would appear that the Uu world is in fact Post Scratch Earth specifically, owing to the presence of scorched Lil' Cal, and rusted Lil' Seb, meaning that whatever force moved the planet did so after the kids entered.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

I've started reading Homestuck a couple days ago. Well, I'm still not sure if this thing is as good as people say it is, but it has got potential. I've just finished act 3, and the ending was awesome. This comic just keeps getting better and better.

I mean, assuming it is a comic, because the author seems to be trying to find out how far one can deviate from a genre while still telling a good story.
    Last edited by Ninja Dragon; 2013-01-02 at 05:02 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dragon View Post
    I've started reading Homestuck a couple days ago. Well, I'm still not sure if this thing is as good as people say it is, but it has got potential. I've just finished act 3, and the ending was awesome. This comic just keeps getting better and better.

I mean, assuming it is a comic, because the author seems to be trying to find out how far one can deviate from a genre while still telling a good story.
    End of Act...3? *goes archive trawling* Oh. OH. Rose just entered the Medium, and John just went through the first gate. You wonderfully lucky man. I know it seems like you've fallen so far down the rabbit hole, but you've got no idea just how much farther it is to the bottom. You have been reading the pesterlogs, right? They help you understand oh so very much.

Fair warning, the next part of the story can get a little hard to follow. Hussie was experimenting with integrating time travel into a coherent narrative. It's quite entertaining, and the Intermission is canonical, even if it doesn't seem like it at first. Plummet as slowly as you like, savor the trip, stop and smell the subtext. You only fall in love with Homestuck once.

Apologies for rambling on like that, I haven't slept in like a day and a half.
    Last edited by Teln; 2013-01-03 at 09:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dragon View Post

Read everything. Don't worry if half of it doesn't make sense, but read everything. Yes, even the insane trolls that typ3 l1k3 th1s 4ll th3 t1m3.

Quote Originally Posted by Teln View Post
    End of Act...3? *goes archive trawling* Oh. OH. Jane just entered the Medium,
    You mean Jade.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    You mean Jade.
    Actually, he means Rose, considering It's Act 3. Jade won't be entering for... well, in case Ninja Dragon reads it, a while yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Act 5 Act 2, specifically
    Last edited by Squark; 2013-01-02 at 08:36 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

13. - Top - End - #73

RedWizardGuy

Yeah, I meant Rose. Typed the wrong name due to lack of sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The_Final_Stand View Post
    I'm going to call it now: While Caliborn's JuJu is uROBuROS, Calliope's jUjU will be UrobUros.
    Good call

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Actually, he means Rose, considering It's Act 3. Jade won't be entering for... well, in case Ninja Dragon reads it, a while yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Act 5 Act 2, specifically
    Man, I forgot the timing totally. This is what Hussie gets for using all 4-letter similar names as one of his quirks for all the characters.

Looking at the current comics
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wonder if the empress is actually going to be a lot more like Meenah than she might have first seemed. Like, she's still an empress and needs to be dealt with carefully, but might end up being totally reasonable and not evil and out to kill everyone in the way that Derse agents tend to be.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

She killed the entire human race slowly and painfully. She is indeed evil and honey roasted nuts.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

She's also a troll, killing people painfully and slowly is how they say hello

Okay not really, but there are more shades to a person then black or white, i would not be surprised if Condy actually wound up acting motherly or kind to Jane, the fact that she is the Heiress would indicate SOME form of care, unless the Condy just felt like having a heiress to "play" with since Feferi is gone.

Hell i wouldn't be surprised if the Condy was at least a little nice to Karkat and the surviving trolls, even if for no other reason then learning she's not the only one left.

Personally i hope/headcanon that after meeting the trolls she gives them some advice or items to help them beat lord English, possibly sacrificing herself in some way to do so
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Meh. Its too late to make her sympathetic. But add a teensy bit of depth, maybe.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Man, I forgot the timing totally. This is what Hussie gets for using all 4-letter similar names as one of his quirks for all the characters.

Looking at the current comics
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wonder if the empress is actually going to be a lot more like Meenah than she might have first seemed. Like, she's still an empress and needs to be dealt with carefully, but might end up being totally reasonable and not evil and out to kill everyone in the way that Derse agents tend to be.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Meenah is a borderline psychopath, in the literal sense that she doesn't really seem to get why she shouldn't hurt people. She's not a complete psychopath, since she's capable of a certain degree of guilt and regret, but not a heck of a lot. She's entertaining, but she is just barely held in check by her friends and a vague desire to continue having them.

So, yeah, I think the Condesce is going to be a lot like Meenah, only without any need for restraint. She may be a bit friendly, and it's even possible that she will have some weird soft spot for Jane, but I don't think she's going to be non-"murderously evil". Think of how much eviler Mindfang was than Aranea, and apply that yardstrick to Condy.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

it's probably just me but i find even psychopathic serial killers can be sympathetic and lovable, case in point: Chesla Grinn of Chimneyspeak. (NSFW comic, don't look it up if under 18.) Crazy killer chick but at the same time crazy cute and turns out to have an interesting backstory and the like. Quite possibly the same for Condy in my opinion.

YES she killed pretty much the entire human species via outright murder and genetic tampering, but i'd still give her a hug if i found out she was torn up about her entire species being dead.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2013-01-07 at 10:17 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Considering what she did to her own species as well? And that her species was just something she liked to rule?

No. She is not a character DESERVING of sympathy of any kind.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

did to her own species? What you mean ruled over it?

kinda what monarchs/dictatos/tyrants do m8.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    it's probably just me but i find even psychopathic serial killers can be sympathetic and lovable, case in point: Chesla Grinn of Chimneyspeak. (NSFW comic, don't look it up if under 18.) Crazy killer chick but at the same time crazy cute and turns out to have an interesting backstory and the like. Quite possibly the same for Condy in my opinion.
    Well, I guess people can have unusual standards for cuteness. I agree with the interesting backstory part, but the empress will need a lot more time in the spotlight for that to happen.

YES she killed pretty much the entire human species via outright murder and genetic tampering, but i'd still give her a hug if i found out she was torn up about her entire species being dead.
    And then she locks you up as a new plaything before painfully killing you too. While I might feel bad for her losing her entire race, I would still hate her for killing mine off. Especially since her race died, then she went/was brought to our universe, and then she killed us off.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

did to her own species? What you mean ruled over it?

kinda what monarchs/dictatos/tyrants do m8.
    Shaped it into a murderous festival of assassination and destruction, slaughtering every child who couldn't quite keep up while killing people for her own amusement, then leading it out to conquer and enslave every other race in the galaxy while forcing every adult to stay away from the homeworld in order to ensure that no one could ever gather the power to fight her? Obliterating an entire caste because their powers gave them the potential to beat her one day? Only holding back from killing her own descendant because she couldn't without losing her throne and her species?

Yeah, it is kinda what tyrants do. Evil tyrants.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Well, I guess people can have unusual standards for cuteness. I agree with the interesting backstory part, but the empress will need a lot more time in the spotlight for that to happen.
    Well true, i said IF any of that happens, never said i actually thought it would

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Shaped it into a murderous festival of assassination and destruction, slaughtering every child who couldn't quite keep up while killing people for her own amusement, then leading it out to conquer and enslave every other race in the galaxy while forcing every adult to stay away from the homeworld in order to ensure that no one could ever gather the power to fight her? Obliterating an entire caste because their powers gave them the potential to beat her one day? Only holding back from killing her own descendant because she couldn't without losing her throne and her species?

Yeah, it is kinda what tyrants do. Evil tyrants.
    So keeping her species strong and powerful via way of eugenics while ensuring her spot on the throne wasn't in danger.

seems smart to me.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2013-01-07 at 01:39 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I like what Draconi's suggesting, albeit I think he did so in a poorly worded way.

It's not that the Condensce isn't evil. It's that she could be rational and possible to bargain with, and willing to work with the heroes provided they do what she's looking for- she hates LE quite a lot, and the heroes are going to end up killing him or something, so...
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

seems smart to me.
    "Smart" does not always mean "Not Evil", it just means that you achieved your goal in the best way.

If her Goal was to create a race of killers to serve as an army of galactic conquest, then yes, it was very smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

28. - Top - End - #88

So keeping her species strong and powerful via way of eugenics while ensuring her spot on the throne wasn't in danger.

seems smart to me.
    Wow. Did you seriously just straight up say that Eugenics was smart?

I'm sorry but you just lost the argument right out. I mean as in, there isn't going to be any discussion on the matter because either you're in favor of eugenics combined with dictatorship and genocide, or you are literally so bad at using words that this is literally the only way I can read that statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    something something Jayngfet experience.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow. Did you seriously just straight up say that Eugenics was smart?

I'm sorry but you just lost the argument right out. I mean as in, there isn't going to be any discussion on the matter because either you're in favor of eugenics combined with dictatorship and genocide, or you are literally so bad at using words that this is literally the only way I can read that statement.
    Something can be smart and despicable at the same time.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPaper View Post
    Something can be smart and despicable at the same time.
    Yes, but given that Eugenics as it's usually used is based on a nineteenth century understanding of how the human body works at a genetic level, has never been executed successfully, tends to only be used by a combination of smallmindeness and vileness that is associated with some of the most horrific examples of evil EVER, and that in this specific case it's being used to excuse genocide that, by pure numbers going by trolls we've SEEN, looks like it wipes out at least like 20% of the able bodied population for various reasons.

Not to mention that the entire, terrible idea that this person is reasonable is based on the idea that she's related to someone who literally stabs people constantly for no reason and is confirmed to have been doing so as long as anyone can remember.

I'm sorry, I've used a lot of Ad Homenim and blatant mockery to attack various segments of the homestuck fandom, often to their faces, but this is quite possibly one of the most appallingly offensive and quite frankly badly thought out trains of thought ever to be put down on this forum.
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    something something Jayngfet experience.