New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1534
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 49

[Riftside]

That's not recommended. Harnel will barely even look at the woman as he moves to punch her in the face, then go back to meditating. Thing is, he wasn't even angry there; that was just self defense. He doesn't know what else she was going to do, and he wasn't willing to risk it.

Rather than wait for something to happen further, he'll reach into his fanny pack and draw his sword, and attempt to kill the woman right then and there, to prevent this from happening to someone else.

He's... a bit focused at the moment.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Philip Memorial Library]

The Librarian looks thoughtful for a moment or two before giving his head a shake. "I'm afraid we have no books on such beings here. Either the knowledge has not yet been recorded or the creatures you speak of are a fabrication."

He randomly takes a book off the shelf, thumbs through it, gives a little nod, and then begins to walk off again.

"And our records here are quite exhaustive. Who told you of these beings and how did they come to hear of them?"

Why is he asking about this if they might not be real?

To see about them being added to a catalog of hoaxes of course!
    Kirin will give her best, tertiary-scource information on what she knows about it.

"But, if it doesn't exist, then how can it be messing with me... unless Harnel just went insane and then I had a nightmare. Is there a way to test that?"
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-01-15 at 09:40 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    ((Sorry about the delay. Wasn't sure how to have her react.))

[Grey Zone Streets]

Ignai notices, and knows right away it wouldn't be within her best interest to act. All she'd accomplish is making it so the men wouldn't have to share, and then she knows what else could happen as a result...

Oh dammit! Ignai pushes off the wall and walks toward Astrid as fast as she can. "There's two men following you." She says in a hushed voice as she pulls up alongside the other woman.
    ((No problem, I never mind waiting.))

Astrid stops herself from looking behind her as Ignai tells her that she is being followed. She swallows and nods slightly to the other woman picking up her pace a bit. "Right, this way." The younger girl takes no time for introductions right now making a quick turn to head towards a busier street.

The men following behind had slowed down seeing Ignai approach Astrid. Once Astrid makes her turn though they are going to start to pick up their pace.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Riftside]

That's not recommended. Harnel will barely even look at the woman as he moves to punch her in the face, then go back to meditating. Thing is, he wasn't even angry there; that was just self defense. He doesn't know what else she was going to do, and he wasn't willing to risk it.

Rather than wait for something to happen further, he'll reach into his fanny pack and draw his sword, and attempt to kill the woman right then and there, to prevent this from happening to someone else.

He's... a bit focused at the moment.
    Riftside - Harnel

The punch lands, but the sword does not. The same unnatural aversion to non-meat things that this woman-shaped thing showed before is present now, and the sword's swing is halted a few inches from her throat with no regards to momentum or the straining of Harnel's muscles. In addition, the strike to her face caused much more deformation than you would expect, ripping the cheek he struck in half and spilling flesh and blood everywhere, including over the hand he struck her with.

The skin hanging there will attempt to unfold and wrap itself around Harnel's fist, supplanting his scales with more smooth human skin. If it succeeds his fingers will slim and refine into a woman's, and lose much of his gripping strength and force.

The woman is sprawled on the ground and coughs up more blood as her cheek knits back together, pulling the skin of her face taut.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Riftside- Fruit Deluge

(He's a sort of allosaurus/raptor sort of thing. I'm pretty sure he'd have some sort of shoulder structure.)
    Lex sidesteps the fruit. Combat training sure would be useless if he couldn't dodge something that simple, right? Anyway, this seems like a bad time to be standing still, so he'll pick up the pace and either find something to stand under or keep going out of the cloud's reach, whatever comes first.
    Riftside - Fruit Deluge

An umbrella made of stiffened palm fronds unfolds over Lex, protecting him from a canned peach hailstorm as he flees from the trailing cloud. A few kids dressed in snow gear ball up handfuls of mashed grapes and hurl them at each other across the street in front of him, making the way forward a deadly gauntlet of purple stains.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Riftside - Lucy]
    (For that is who it is.)

At the sudden assault of sound on her ears, Lucy drops to her knees with a sharp cry of pain, drowned out by the infernal racket. She claps her hands to her ears, eyes closed tight as she tries not to let the aural assault completely incapacitate her!
    Riftside - Lucy

The music stops, in time with the unusual bird's beak snapping shut. Not that Lucy is going to notice with her eyes screwed shut like that.

It seems to be watching her though, as if to make sure she's not moving forward anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Riftside - Within the Glow

Needs hasn't a clue as to whether or not his serial code would be valid here. He provides it anyways, figuring it shouldn't be that much of a risk, given that all this world seems to have are spiderbots with weird eyeballs. Dead worlds, much like dead gods, are largely harmless, unless woken up prematurely.

They blink and click more, thanking him for his cooperation and conferring amongst themselves. According to their records he is Needs, Magclone, Deceased. They debate mechanically for an instant about his current state of locomotion before revising it to Needs, Magzombie, Undead, and scurry away as per protocol.

The rift is nearly overhead now, the ball that encompasses it revealed to actually be a massive prism surrounded by a hazy spherical corona of light.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Riftside - Correl

"Not... right now." Correl manages to say, he didn't really hear what the girl said, nor did he think it was more important then finding his armor. If he lost those, he would lose a part of himself. A part of him had a hard time resisting helping this poor woman though. This was real after all, but he could help her much better if he had his armor.
    Riftside - Correl

A window comes up in front of Correl's face, detailing some information in a language that he probably doesn't understand as the situation he's in is a poor fan translation of an originally non-nexus scenario.

Roughly translated though, it says "Are you sure you want to abandon these girls to their fate? Doing so could negatively impact the outcome of your game and change your character's appearance overall!"

Below it are two big pressable buttons, one green with a symbol for No on it and one red with the symbol for Yes, still not translated. The girls on the street freeze up and go grey as the scenario waits for his decision.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #1265

"I see..." the Librarian replies thoughtfully. "Would you be adverse to me viewing the experience? Some find such invasions of privacy to be violating and I feel it is best if this library seem a safe place to its visitors."

Y'know.

Ignoring the sanity blasting books.

And the eldritch rifts to unspeakable places.

And the dimensional shambler that harasses readers.

Totally safe.

[Outside the Rift]

This is really, really weird.

Gerra the griffon had first picked up the anomaly from quite some distance away. Or more properly one of his scouting drones had shortly before it transformed into a pigeon with a camera strapped to its head. Whatever this thing is it is putting off a MASSIVE thaumatic of a sort wholly unlike anything else the griffon has encountered thus far in his short visit to the Nexus.

And he's already run into some really strange stuff.

As he watches the rift from a perch on top of a roof nearby he can't help but consider the spectacle before him. It's quite stunning to be honest. An interesting subject of study. Warrior or no nearly all griffons are scholars at heart and Gerra is no exception. While he's loath to leave it behind he has removed and compacted his armor for safe keeping outside the rift.

Considering how it reacted to the drone Gerra has the feeling that whatever forces are at work here aren't at all kind to the elegant arts of mathematics, geometry, and astrology used to motivate his technology.

That means heading in with only the natural gifts Anu had given him along with the drone that's already a bird to record what they find. And to be fair the griffon isn't at all shabby. He's roughly the size of a liger, massive and lean and honed into a deadly weapon in his own right. Feathers are a dusky grey and fur of a slightly browner hue. Talons and beak as black as the night sky. Wide yellow eyes that speak of untold cunning. A pair of feathered ears sport his head and a wide fan of plumes the end of his tail.

He wears no clothing, of course. Aside from the occasional jewelry griffons don't normally adorn themselves like some frail unicorn might.

"Whether this maelstrom of mischief is one of your works or not, Enki, I do not know. But preserve me through it none the less," the griffon mutters as he leaps off the edge of the roof and begins flying toward the edge of the Rift.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Pixie in the Playground

[Random Spot]

Large cyborgs, girls exploding into eldritch horrors, people in futuristic jetpacks that made his homemade flight pack look like a roman candle...yep, he was about as home as one can get.

Dusting a light coat of deadtime off himself, ((Already? Jeez, that didn't take me long.)) Kenyon wishes his skinless associate good day, and goes off...towards Trog's? Nah, that's what everyone expects. He walks right past Trog's, trekking down the streets, in hopes of finding someone's story to butt into finding information about his missing friends.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grey Zone Streets]

Ignai nods and follows her lead. She fights the urge to run, or to push Astrid to go faster. s soon as they were somewhere more crowded it'd be okay. She just had to keep calm until then.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Yellow Dog Salloon

"Not -hic- not now I can't, yer -hic- holding it." Duh. "Which ish't fair! I -hic- gaves them coinsh fer that! My score went down!" Giving Queenie a reproachful look, Jupiter makes a clumsy grab for the mug, which will pretty much end in him overbalancing and falling flat on his face unless she cares to catch him.
    Demon Queen deems it necessary to let him fall. So she does.

And that's why you're done. Seriously.

[Red Zone - Empty Building]

Amist grins cheerfully, and lets the two fellows charge at her once more!
    Before flexing her legs and leaping into the air, hoping they simply run into each other Loony Tunes style.

Or, alternatively, for her zap a Symbol of Pain on the floor in between them where she just was.
    They're not quite that dumb. They don't run into each other again. However, that symbol of pain really isn't good for them. Ouch.

Meanwhile, Ivaz flips back onto her feet in time to catch her first guy recovering from her punch. She'll dodge his right hook and sweep his legs out from under him.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Dwarf in the Playground

Philip Memorial Library

Kirin thinks for a minute.

"As long as it can solidify whether it's a real thing or just a nightmare, okay. Just don't touch anything else."

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rocket Man]

"Why are you drawing out all your words? I can hear you just fine," Zee replies matter-of-factly as she's flipped over and pressed into the street. Unlike the evil robot she isn't made out of physically dubious space metal.

Which means there's now a bloody streak on the asphalt from her fleshy getting scoured off. Ouch...

Though that gross fleshy sounds are shortly replaced by an awful stone-on-stone screech as sparks begin to fly. There isn't much time to contemplate how weird that is because things get a lot weirder pretty fast. Zee's skin, all her skin, peels and rips away to reveal something under it that couldn't have possibly fit in there.

To put it simply the eldritch terrorhorror that just burst out of the silly barmaid is massive, her shoulder height about on par with an elephant. She's clad in smokey black carapace etched with white swirls and sigils that glow with a muted white radiance.

The robot is clutched firmly in both of her forclaws and she doesn't seem keen on letting go. Six wings that look more like windows into the blackness of the night sky rather than physical objects spread wide and the monster quite suddenly becomes fixed in place relative to the ground.

Captain Elementium may find the abrupt stop rather jarring.

"Here's how this is going to go down. I'm going to sit on you until Watchtower and Remnant arrive. And then they're going to decide what to do with you. Bit of advice? Setting Trog's on fire is always a terrible plan," K'rax speaks, her voice musical and pleasant. Though with an underlying ire that could break to the surface quite quickly. "I consider that inn my home. And the people there are my guests and under my protection. I don't take kindly to my guests being assaulted and used as hostages."

Enshadu is blasted forward still, and smiles as he sees blood stains in the street. He is suddenly stopped as Zee transforms. He is grabbed, and seems a little bit shocked. Normally he'd go through mostly anything. Um....I stopped. Why? Why am I stopped....Ah. You're...not...you're not human. No, they're not. Remnant will not find me, question, how much do you weigh? You're not very good at protecting your home....Considering I torched it. He then attempts to overpower the jet thrusters, blasting them both in the air, using half his tank at once. Unless she's about 100 tons, she's going up.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-01-15 at 10:33 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Grey Zone Streets]

Ignai nods and follows her lead. She fights the urge to run, or to push Astrid to go faster. s soon as they were somewhere more crowded it'd be okay. She just had to keep calm until then.
    Through the last little alleyway Astrid breaks into a little run figuring if the men would make a move to grab them it would be then. The men apparently decide it isn't worth the trouble and stop short of the alleyway.

Once they are on the street with a bit more foot traffic and several cars/wagons/hover vehicles Astrid turns and glances behind them making sure no one is following them. She sighs in relief as the coast is clear.

"Oh my, thank you so much. I didn't see them at all, I was thinking about something else."

The short young girl smiles gratefully at Ignai. Her hands let go of the strap of her bag which she had been nervously clutching.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

12. - Top - End - #1272

[Rocket Man]

Sadly K'rax only weighs in at a measly 70 tons. But she's also slapping around the laws of inertia to anchor herself in place as best she can. Whether that proves to be sufficient to make up for the missing 30 tons or not remains to be seen.

She's still got a pretty solid grip none the less!

Whether she stays put or gets lifted into the sky she has no intention of letting go of her newest friend unless some pretty significant violence-based coercion happens.

The eldritch terrorhorror makes a scowly face at the robot.

"You really don't know when to stop talking, do you? Didn't your mother teach you any manners? Never ask a lady how much she weighs."

((Aaaand now we wait for Morty and KK))

Welp.

Memory reading time!

Weeeeeee!
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2013-01-15 at 10:53 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1273

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post

They blink and click more, thanking him for his cooperation and conferring amongst themselves. According to their records he is Needs, Magclone, Deceased. They debate mechanically for an instant about his current state of locomotion before revising it to Needs, Magzombie, Undead, and scurry away as per protocol.

The rift is nearly overhead now, the ball that encompasses it revealed to actually be a massive prism surrounded by a hazy spherical corona of light.

"FOOS!"

Needs Food Badly flings himself backwards towards the rift, his dragonspeak rocketing him away from the graveyard his face had been pointed towards. He doesn't fly too high, however. Thu'um was never one of his major studies, and it shows. Standard MagTech hover technology should be enough to get him the rest of the way, though. Needs isn't sure if this is a job for velcro, latin chanting, or duct tape, but a closer inspection of the rift should clear that right up in a moment.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-01-15 at 10:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftside - Harnel]

Harnel will abandon the attack when it doesn't connect, but he won't manage to pull his hand back before the strips of flesh latch on.

Well then. If he's not going to stop this, there's one good thing he should do.He can't meditate with her there, and he can't leave her to menace other people. Can't use a weapon, but punching seems to work.

One thing that doesn't require much in the way of muscular action in the hand is claws. The woman may find herself with a half-dragon tearing out her throat and, eventually, ripping off her head. He wants to make sure the deed is done.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Troll in the Playground

[Red Zone - Empty Building]

Amist grins. She appreciates toys that are smart...
    She flips her legs around a beam in the ceiling at the apex of her jump, spinning around it, then letting go, backflipping and aiming to land squarely on the shoulders of one of of the bums.

She's hoping for a broken collarbone, at least. And in addition she'll start smothering him with her thighs.

===

[Riftside - Lucy]

After a moment, Lucy looks up, shaking her head with her ears mightily ringing.
    ...somebody should answer them!

After a moment's further looking around, she spots Da Boid.

Narrows her eyes.

And trills a querying whistle!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #1276

"FOOS!"

Needs Food Badly flings himself backwards towards the rift, his dragonspeak rocketing him away from the graveyard his face had been pointed towards. He doesn't fly too high, however. Thu'um was never one of his major studies, and it shows. Standard MagTech hover technology should be enough to get him the rest of the way, though. Needs isn't sure if this is a job for velcro, latin chanting, or duct tape, but a closer inspection of the rift should clear that right up in a moment.

The shout creates a massive crater below him, blasting away the ground as if it were merely compacted ash. It does manage to propel him even with the soft target though, but only for a few feet before an invisible web of something impedes his progress.

For a moment, it's hard to identify what this could be, especially when he's not facing it and it's flexing under him in prepation to send him hurtling back into the crater he just came from, but there is something inherently impossible about it that teases at his senses.

[Outside the Rift]

This is really, really weird.

Gerra the griffon had first picked up the anomaly from quite some distance away. Or more properly one of his scouting drones had shortly before it transformed into a pigeon with a camera strapped to its head. Whatever this thing is it is putting off a MASSIVE thaumatic of a sort wholly unlike anything else the griffon has encountered thus far in his short visit to the Nexus.

And he's already run into some really strange stuff.

As he watches the rift from a perch on top of a roof nearby he can't help but consider the spectacle before him. It's quite stunning to be honest. An interesting subject of study. Warrior or no nearly all griffons are scholars at heart and Gerra is no exception. While he's loath to leave it behind he has removed and compacted his armor for safe keeping outside the rift.

Considering how it reacted to the drone Gerra has the feeling that whatever forces are at work here aren't at all kind to the elegant arts of mathematics, geometry, and astrology used to motivate his technology.

That means heading in with only the natural gifts Anu had given him along with the drone that's already a bird to record what they find. And to be fair the griffon isn't at all shabby. He's roughly the size of a liger, massive and lean and honed into a deadly weapon in his own right. Feathers are a dusky grey and fur of a slightly browner hue. Talons and beak as black as the night sky. Wide yellow eyes that speak of untold cunning. A pair of feathered ears sport his head and a wide fan of plumes the end of his tail.

He wears no clothing, of course. Aside from the occasional jewelry griffons don't normally adorn themselves like some frail unicorn might.

"Whether this maelstrom of mischief is one of your works or not, Enki, I do not know. But preserve me through it none the less," the griffon mutters as he leaps off the edge of the roof and begins flying toward the edge of the Rift.
    Riftside - Gerra

The air is a very dangerous place to be this close to the rift, with all sorts of weather events fighting to maintain their presence in the skies. There are miniature fire tornados and nanobot swarms, lightning duels between imps and solid nitrogen hail that freezes the flesh it touches so hard it burns. It's almost as if the rift was trying to force such fliers down towards the comparatively calm streets. However despite all the danger and chaos, it's very easy to see that nothing seems to be struck dead by any of it. Quite improbably a winged centaur flies right into a lightning strike and, after the glare is gone he seems utterly unharmed.

The effect is repeated several times over with various deadly weather conditions and flying targets, and the fact remains. Something is keeping these things from dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Riftside - Harnel]

Harnel will abandon the attack when it doesn't connect, but he won't manage to pull his hand back before the strips of flesh latch on.

Well then. If he's not going to stop this, there's one good thing he should do.He can't meditate with her there, and he can't leave her to menace other people. Can't use a weapon, but punching seems to work.

One thing that doesn't require much in the way of muscular action in the hand is claws. The woman may find herself with a half-dragon tearing out her throat and, eventually, ripping off her head. He wants to make sure the deed is done.
    Riftside - Harnel

The woman does not resist, a last laugh being choked off as her throat is stabbed into with the claws of his still fully draconic hand and ripped apart. The flesh he tears into begins to unravel itself and attempt to snake up his hands and possibly even towards his arms to continue the transformation, even as the woman goes limp long before he has gotten to the point where ripping her head off would be necessary. Her blood, though it does not have a mind of its own as her skin and muscle seems to, bears the same corruptive properties and will attempt to continue changing him wherever it touches directly. Considering he's torn open her jugular, quite a lot of blood is spraying around.

If he really wanted to work at it, he could probably rip her head off just to be sure, but with the blood and strips of flesh flailing about he may find that his arm's strength is being reduced just as his fingers were as they may be soon reduced to non-draconically enhanced womanly human arms, along with anything else the blood has touched.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftside - Harnel]

Once the woman has been dealt with, Harnel will back up, avoiding the jugular spray. She's not a threat anymore. He can meditate now.

Backing up won't stop a bit from getting onto his face and chest, and his hands and arms are already covered in blood, but once he's away He'll wip his hands on his pants and then wipe his face off. Finally, he'll sit back down, getting ready to meditate. This time however, he's doing his best to visualize the corruption as the woman's form, and to visualize himself as a dragon getting ready to smite it. Visualization should help with this sort of thing.
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-01-15 at 11:48 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

Riftside- Fruit Deluge

Lex could probably just walk through the fruit-fight and take his lumps. But then, there's kids here. And in the words of that Earthling cartoon: If you can't beat 'em, show off! Tracing a pair of circles with a few small lines on the ground, Lex hisses a few magic syllables and pulls them out, now fully formed asphalt shields. They're light enough for him to carry, and covers most of his sides if he tucks his head and tail in. He'll charge right through; unless they've got arms like trebuchets he's confident he'll be unscathed.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grey Zone Streets]

"No problem. I couldn't just leave when I saw them." Ignai takes a few deep breaths in an attempt to stop her heart from hammering at the inside of her chest.

Astrid will get her first good look at Ignai now. She's fairly young as well, though that could be deceptive; Astrid can catch a glimpse of pointed ears mostly hidden by the hood. Ignai looks a bit worn and underfed. Her eyes almost seem to glow faintly, and the skin around them is tender and red. Her clothes are obviously second hand; they're marked with a few holes and burns, and they look a bit dirty. Speaking of dirty, she looks and smells like it's been a few days since she's had a shower.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-01-16 at 12:11 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rocket Man]

Sadly K'rax only weighs in at a measly 70 tons. But she's also slapping around the laws of inertia to anchor herself in place as best she can. Whether that proves to be sufficient to make up for the missing 30 tons or not remains to be seen.

She's still got a pretty solid grip none the less!

Whether she stays put or gets lifted into the sky she has no intention of letting go of her newest friend unless some pretty significant violence-based coercion happens.

The eldritch terrorhorror makes a scowly face at the robot.

"You really don't know when to stop talking, do you? Didn't your mother teach you any manners? Never ask a lady how much she weighs."

((Aaaand now we wait for Morty and KK))

[
    Seeing as Morty and KK couldn't make it to them in time, due to the fact that Enshadu is a while away, I'm just going to post.

With a huge "Boom" of jet power going into overdrive, a huge blast of turbo power bursts from the thrusters. Enshadu and "Zee" are going up. They will fly about 50 feet per turn, so they're going to be getting pretty high. He growls and laughs as they both become airborne, now they're fifty feet up, and going higher. Hehe, now we're playing my games. Not so tight, you might scratch my armour. Not really. Well, it's been great...but I have a goddess's soul to corrupt and enslave. Bye! At that, his lightsabers come into action again! The blades attempting to cut off limbs and drop "Zee" from the air. Just try not to land on your head! Ha!

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Grey Zone Streets]

Astrid looks Ignai over and recognizes the worn look of her clothes.

"Still I owe you one. Hey what are you up to, do you want to come back to my place for diner. I think I am going to grab a cab to get me the rest of the way home. What do you say, want to join me?"

The curly haired youth smiles cheerfully at Ignai. She figures a warm meal would do the other girl good, and she should have plenty of food to share.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grey Zone Streets]

"Uh..." Ignai licks her lips uncertainly. Should she go? It's not like anything would happen. The elf girl nods. She'd be crazy to turn up an actual meal. "That would be fantastic, thank you." Her stomach growls just thinking about it.

23. - Top - End - #1283

[Into the Rift]

Wow.

That's quite a bit of doom.

Of course things have also been passing through it more or less without harm. Or... with plenty of harm. If one considers turning a robot into a bird a form of harm. Gerra is pretty fond of being himself and he would really rather avoid getting transformed into one of those freakish naked wingless two-legged sphinx-faced things.

He's grown more accustomed to the 'assmer' or whatever they're called by now. But their totally alien form still unnerves him a bit.

Gerra tucks his wings into a dive, aiming to swoop down low under the raging doom weather before gaining altitude again on the other side. Hopefully there's a clear spot for him to land and gain his bearings.

Also?

The pigeon begins flying toward the pegacentaur guy.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Troll in the Playground

Bakery

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Bakery

"Okay." Hekta whispers back, smiling widely at Elias before she disappears up the stairs to retrieve the money. Though, couldn't she buy the sweets here or would there be no more sweets now that Elias had a broken leg? Dahl would still make sweets right? Couldn't she buy them from him? Oh right, Elias wanted her to buy stuff you made sweets of, that made more sense. Then again, she could save his money if she just found some ingredients for him instead...
    I think I broke my brain trying to read that. At any rate, Hekta should find no difficulty in clearing out Elias's room, unless she makes difficulty for herself.

Aubergine Elmhouse

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by blackouttwo View Post
    Arthur sighs in a defeated manner. He isn't gonna win this one. "Alright. Please, forgive me." With any luck, an outright apology and admission of defeat would help. He then falls silent for a moment, thinking to himself about why he was dating this girl when she acted this way all too frequently.

He isn't unhappy with the relationship, just wishing that Willow would tone it down a bit when it came to her megalomania. It's not like he isn't used to it, but her attitude's been...less welcome since he came home. "Really, I'm sorry." Am I? Of course I am, who am I kidding?

He's dating her because she gets science and she's hot. It's certainly not her shining personality.

"Of course, babe," she says, leaning over the table to give him a quick kiss. Hey, at least she doesn't hold a grudge.

Ice Rink
    Spoiler
    Show

Ice Rink

Eileen frowns, shaking her head and rolling her eyes a bit, before going to scratch out another message!
    ~Not something to hurt, birdbrain. Nonlinear eldritch effects. Magic.~

"Magic broke your ears. Got it."
    Tracey says, without a clue as to what 'nonlinear' has to do with anything. Most things that aren't lines are non-linear! "Hey, Needs, you can do magic. Can you fix her?"

Riftside

"You don't belong, Mr Fakey McNotReal," Charity says. But Nudist!Charity is also still Pacifist!Charity, so she isn't going to inflict violence on him. Besides, she needs to get away from that awful beam of his and reach the source.

A memory surfaces. A tower, deep in the Weald, whose base delved deep enough to reach a pool of pure possibility. Her powers had awakened that day, and she had painted Reality for the first time.

She wants to experience that again.

Charity tries to find her own way around the wall to go further into the rift zone.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

Rocket Man

Lessee, Zee and Enshadu. And then there goes Wenomir and either a rocket-powered girlfriend or a rocket-powered kidnapper. Possibly both. Reinholdt waits a bit longer.
    Huh. No Kyne or Zane. That's bad.
    Admittedly Zane was easy to take out, so that could be expected.

He could check Trog's, but then might lose the trail of people who know, and if she's there she'll be fine. Maybe she was ahead already and he missed seeing her? Hmm...

Reinholdt flies after KR and Wenomir, working hard to pull up beside them (and probably cheating a bit to do so). "Excuse me, have either of you seen Kyne? Fox lady, likes to fi-gack." Reinholdt coughs and sputters and spits.
    Bug.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Bugbear in the Playground

Riftside - Correl

Correl wasn't sure what kind of world that had strange floating pergaments of information appear before your eyes but it sounded like a threat to the knight. Perhaps he could buy himself some more time now that time was frozen over?
    At first he will attempt to simply look in another direction to see if he can find his armor there through the layers of dimensions. If the box of text follows him or if he's simply frozen in place like the rest of the world he will attempt to see through the box with his enchanted vision. He's either trying to find his armor again or see what outcomes pressing either option would have on the pergament.

Bakery

Hekta leaves the bakery and heads for the markets, she had an idea how to save money for Elias and get the stuff he wanted!

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Grey Zone Streets>>Red Zone Apartments]

"Uh..." Ignai licks her lips uncertainly. Should she go? It's not like anything would happen. The elf girl nods. She'd be crazy to turn up an actual meal. "That would be fantastic, thank you." Her stomach growls just thinking about it.
    She smiles showing her slightly crooked but white teeth. "Good, I'll grab a cab." Her apartment isn't in the best part of town and she doesn't feel much like walking those streets tonight. She doubts Ignai does either. She steps out into the street standing on her toes and reaching into the air to wave down a passing cab.

When one stops she opens the door and hops in looking out it back at Ignai. "Come on." Then she turns to the driver to give him the address.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grey Zone Streets => Red Zone Apartments]

Ignai slips into the cab next to her and settles in for the ride. She's obviously a bit awkward about all this, and doesn't offer too much in the way in conversation on the trip unless Astrid starts it.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's not a very long cab ride so it doesn't get to akward until they are almost there. Astrid will eventually break the silence, though not because she was uncomfortable with it. "I hope you aren't on a special diet or anything. I have a stew simmering at home."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Ogre in the Playground

Ignai laughs a little bit. "Oh no, I'll eat pretty much anything. Don't worry about that. Stew sounds delicious."