New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Exploring Aatos (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    "Born in the city, helped my folks around the store. Not much room for advancement in a family business, so when the opportunity presented itself, I signed on with House Tarril. Some years of bootlicking and now I'm his man in the city." He said all this while checking the surrounding patrons with his telepathy*. Maybe it was the drink, or maybe it was just the adrenaline fading from his system, but he was now a bit more paranoid than usual.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Just looking to see if anyone's paying attention to Gardner and Theo, or if anyone's thinking about the robbery earlier.
    Nobody seems to suspect you of being the notorious pokeball thief, though the bartender - who had just brought the food - is extraordinarily relieved that Gardner, a known pokemon trainer, was here. The likelihood of an armed robbery was much less if there were people in the store who could fight back.

Gardner began to dig into his breakfast platter with a surprising amount of gusto. I was born and raised as guard, so its the only life I know. Use force against anybody who wants to take the master's money or property, beat them to a pulp, and make an example out of them. Could pay better, but it's not such a bad gig.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Janan leaps froward towards the edge, before releasing Patience down below. Grab their attention Patience! The Riolu nods, before dashing at D1, running into a flying kick (wouldn't it be cool if he had Jump Kick?)

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[1] Quick Attack
    (1d12+19)[22]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Excited about the contest and another chance to impress the man she secretly loved, Ovelia quickly urged Maximus forward as soon as the horn blew. She quickly began looking for pokemon with a grin on her face. Today would be fun.

Spoiler
    Show

Hunt!
    (1d100-4)[57]

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Theo began cutting up his steak and eating each morsel as it cam free. In a systematic method akin to how the higher classes treat eating as a performance in cleanliness, he was cautious of making any mess and used his napkin at every little spot. "The way you battle, I could see that. Leading off with a distance fighter that matched my own was a good idea. That "Ace" of yours, though, his first attack is devastating. It might just be me, but if you had saved that for my second pokemon then you would have won the wager easily." He stops for another drink before continuing, "But don't take what I say to heart, I'm sure you fight differently with higher stakes. If it were a proxy match between our Lords, then none could really say who would emerge victorious." He continues his meal, satisfied with the relative safety of his crimes and a touch more confident in his abilities. Had the bartender known that Theo had bested Gardner once already, then his confidence in the guard might be shaken.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Janan leaps froward towards the edge, before releasing Patience down below. Grab their attention Patience! The Riolu nods, before dashing at D1, running into a flying kick (wouldn't it be cool if he had Jump Kick?)

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0] Quick Attack
    [roll1]
    The pokemon ducks below the kick and spits at the Riolu. Gligar!

I'm going to make sure the Cacnea are alright!Valerie shouts. She and Rashif leap down the small cliff but land roughly. Both seem ok, just a little shaken. Rashif releases his magby, who creates a smokescreen guarding some of the canea from the attackers. Valerie lets out her audino, who uses Lucky Chant that affects the whole party. Duncan releases a croconaw that he captured as his very first pokemon in the lake near Karfmietta which spit out a blast of water at G4.

The gligars begin to fire off small poisoned darts at your group and into the clump of cacneas. Off to the side, a gligar fells its opponet and rips a bite out of the body. Janan is hit by one of the stingers fired by a gligar that surfaced from underground. The barb seemed to be flying at your eye, but it swerved by the Audino's power to hit you shoulder. It deals 16 physical damage and poisons. Valerie is hit by two barbs, and she cries out in pain. Another leaps extraordinarily quickly at Patience and slams his tail into the riolu for 27 physical normal damage.

The cacneas began to scatter; running from the violence seems to be their only goal.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Excited about the contest and another chance to impress the man she secretly loved, Ovelia quickly urged Maximus forward as soon as the horn blew. She quickly began looking for pokemon with a grin on her face. Today would be fun.

Spoiler
    Show

Hunt!
    [roll0]
    The hunt flows around you, sometime surrounding you with ponyta noises and smells, and at other times so far away that you can only hear the horn calls. You stumble into a small clearing filled with blue and pink flowers. What appears to be animated honeycomb flits from flower to flower collecting pollen. It seems content to ignore you so long as you don't interfere with its search for food.

Spoiler
    Show
    9 Sections of the hunt left. Choose either fight or a new search (each costs 1)

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo began cutting up his steak and eating each morsel as it cam free. In a systematic method akin to how the higher classes treat eating as a performance in cleanliness, he was cautious of making any mess and used his napkin at every little spot. "The way you battle, I could see that. Leading off with a distance fighter that matched my own was a good idea. That "Ace" of yours, though, his first attack is devastating. It might just be me, but if you had saved that for my second pokemon then you would have won the wager easily." He stops for another drink before continuing, "But don't take what I say to heart, I'm sure you fight differently with higher stakes. If it were a proxy match between our Lords, then none could really say who would emerge victorious." He continues his meal, satisfied with the relative safety of his crimes and a touch more confident in his abilities. Had the bartender known that Theo had bested Gardner once already, then his confidence in the guard might be shaken.
    Gardner licks his lips to savor the last bites of his meal before responding. Well, here's to hoping that we won't have to find out. I rather dislike trying to kill or capture people that I know. I look forward to battling with you again though; I had a lot of fun with it.

His mind flashed back to his bed at home, and he got up, making it clear that he was ready to leave.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Not wanting to waste her time, Ovelia quickly moves on. She'd find a super rare pokemon and impress Jonathan!

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100-4)[93]

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    The pokemon ducks below the kick and spits at the Riolu. Gligar!

I'm going to make sure the Cacnea are alright!Valerie shouts. She and Rashif leap down the small cliff but land roughly. Both seem ok, just a little shaken. Rashif releases his magby, who creates a smokescreen guarding some of the canea from the attackers. Valerie lets out her audino, who uses Lucky Chant that affects the whole party. Duncan releases a croconaw that he captured as his very first pokemon in the lake near Karfmietta which spit out a blast of water at G4.

The gligars begin to fire off small poisoned darts at your group and into the clump of cacneas. Off to the side, a gligar fells its opponet and rips a bite out of the body. Janan is hit by one of the stingers fired by a gligar that surfaced from underground. The barb seemed to be flying at your eye, but it swerved by the Audino's power to hit you shoulder. It deals 16 physical damage and poisons. Valerie is hit by two barbs, and she cries out in pain. Another leaps extraordinarily quickly at Patience and slams his tail into the riolu for 27 physical normal damage.

The cacneas began to scatter; running from the violence seems to be their only goal.
    Patience grabs the Gligar's tail, spinning around and slamming it to the ground with a huff for 46 unresisted damage. Janan grunts, spinning and charging at G8.

Spoiler
    Show
    Used Counter.
    (1d20)[16] AC 6 Physical Normal
    (1d10+13)[16]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

10. - Top - End - #520
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Theo notes the man's desire and says, "You heading home then? I'll cover this. Lord Tarril has left me some spending money to do with as I please. And if you ever need to battle again, I'm sure we'll run into each other soon enough." As Gardner leaves and Theo finishes up his meal he does another round of mental scans. Well, there's another contact made... Maybe I should go to the Hub. See if the old man can even buy what I'm selling... Barring any surprises from the crowd, Theo pays up and begins walking down to the Hub. In the darkness, he decides that keeping Torch out is his best option and the candle-like pokemon lights his way.
    Games GMed

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ettin in the Playground

Not wanting to waste her time, Ovelia quickly moves on. She'd find a super rare pokemon and impress Jonathan!

Spoiler
    Show

[roll0]
    Almost as soon as you leave the clearing, you run into another bug type: this time a fat pink worm. It's engorged body was almost bursting at the seams, but that didn't stop it from continuing to munch on the oak leaves in front of its face.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

Patience grabs the Gligar's tail, spinning around and slamming it to the ground with a huff for 46 unresisted damage. Janan grunts, spinning and charging at G8.

Spoiler
    Show
    Used Counter.
    [roll0] AC 6 Physical Normal
    [roll1]
    Patience's target fell to the ground fainted, but Janan's blow barely went through the gligar's tough skin. Valerie had he audino use refresh on Janan while she raced forwards to attempt emergency first aid on the cacturnes (who were now fleeing in all directions). Rashif captured one of the little cacti with a pokeball shot from his hand like a bullet.

The gligar's race into action, attacking cacneas and your party. Those nearest Patience ignored him in favor of the larger and flashier Rashif. Janan took a hit from a stray tail dealing 24 physical normal damage.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo notes the man's desire and says, "You heading home then? I'll cover this. Lord Tarril has left me some spending money to do with as I please. And if you ever need to battle again, I'm sure we'll run into each other soon enough." As Gardner leaves and Theo finishes up his meal he does another round of mental scans. Well, there's another contact made... Maybe I should go to the Hub. See if the old man can even buy what I'm selling... Barring any surprises from the crowd, Theo pays up and begins walking down to the Hub. In the darkness, he decides that keeping Torch out is his best option and the candle-like pokemon lights his way.
    I am indeed heading home. Thanks for the meal, and you should drop by the Absol Horn. It's always nice to see fresh faces in our job.

You find the Hub without anybody interfering, though just when you're about to open the door, you feel a probing sensation in your mind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception and Voltorb Flip checks please

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

Janan grunts as the attack collides. Tensing his muscles, he returns with a counter attack, his muscles hardening to better take the blow. Patience, help out the Cacnea! The Riolu nodded, dashing forward at G3.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spent a Feature Point on Tough Skin, now have DR 4.
    Arms Attack AC 6 Physical Normal
    (1d20)[19]
    (1d10+13)[21]
    Quick Attack AC 2 Physical Normal (man that damage type is boring)
    (1d20)[7]
    (1d12+19)[24]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Ovelia bit her lip. She knew she couldn't keep running from things if she wanted to win, but she didn't want to catch just basic bugs or she'd waste her time. Praying to Arceus that she would find something amazing, Ovelia kept looking.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100-4)[69]

16. - Top - End - #526
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Theo pauses in the flickering light, his hand just touching the doorknob. He tries to scan his surroundings without looking suspicious and begins mentally arranging the cards of Voltorb Flip.

Spoiler
    Show
    Voltorb Flip AC 13 (1d20+4)[24]
    Perception AC ?? (1d20-2)[11]
    Games GMed

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo pauses in the flickering light, his hand just touching the doorknob. He tries to scan his surroundings without looking suspicious and begins mentally arranging the cards of Voltorb Flip.

Spoiler
    Show
    Voltorb Flip AC 13 [roll0]
    Perception AC ?? [roll1]
    The darkness around you reveals nothing, though your mind seems safe from intrusion for now. Whoever was out there probing your mind, they didn't seem too intent on showing him or herself.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan grunts as the attack collides. Tensing his muscles, he returns with a counter attack, his muscles hardening to better take the blow. Patience, help out the Cacnea! The Riolu nodded, dashing forward at G3.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spent a Feature Point on Tough Skin, now have DR 4.
    Arms Attack AC 6 Physical Normal
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    Quick Attack AC 2 Physical Normal (man that damage type is boring)
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    The battle continues to rage on. Your attacks are finally beginning to show, and the gligar you faced twitched in irritation before shooting another poisonous barb at you. You saw the move coming however, and ducked below the missile. Patience isn't so lucky however, he takes 19 physical poison damage and is poisoned. Duncan throws a punch at the gligar attacking him, and rashif captures one of the pokemon. His magby engulfs the gligar attacking you in a gout of flames that trap it, though they seem relatively innefective. Duncan's croconaw fells its opponet with another gout of water.

Valerie isn't so lucky however. Finally succumbint to sever poisonous barbs riddling her flesh, she falls to the ground unconscious. The rest of your team couldn't see her due to the smokescreen placed to protect the cacnea.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ettin in the Playground

Ovelia bit her lip. She knew she couldn't keep running from things if she wanted to win, but she didn't want to catch just basic bugs or she'd waste her time. Praying to Arceus that she would find something amazing, Ovelia kept looking.

Spoiler
    Show

[roll0]
    It took you a while before you stumbled upon another pokemon. This time it was a small black canine pokemon with shaggy fur. It seemed to be sunbathing in a small clearing within easy distance of a small pond.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

The battle continues to rage on. Your attacks are finally beginning to show, and the gligar you faced twitched in irritation before shooting another poisonous barb at you. You saw the move coming however, and ducked below the missile. Patience isn't so lucky however, he takes 19 physical poison damage and is poisoned. Duncan throws a punch at the gligar attacking him, and rashif captures one of the pokemon. His magby engulfs the gligar attacking you in a gout of flames that trap it, though they seem relatively innefective. Duncan's croconaw fells its opponet with another gout of water.

Valerie isn't so lucky however. Finally succumbint to sever poisonous barbs riddling her flesh, she falls to the ground unconscious. The rest of your team couldn't see her due to the smokescreen placed to protect the cacnea.
    Muk, Patience come back! Janan clambers down the hill carefully. Without their medic, he couldn't risk taking risks. He quickly returns Patience before he succumbs to the poison, releasing Fury. Fury, Wing Attack go! Fury lunges at G5, swiping at it with his wing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swapped Patience for Fury. He was going to be KO'd by Poison, so didn't see a point in keeping him out.
    Wing Attack AC 2 Physical Flying
    (1d20)[2]
    (2d10+19)[21]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Oh come on..." Ovelia groaned. She was starting to get desperate, so far she hadn't seen anything special or awesome. If this kept up she'd not only fail to beat Jonathan, but she'd look terrible. She pushed onward, hoping to find something.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100-4)[19]

22. - Top - End - #532
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Theo hesitates only a second longer before giving up and opening the door of The Hub. Once inside, he looks around at the merchandise, only slightly interested. He needed to talk to the old man from before, but if he wasn't here then he wanted a plausible excuse as to why he came here.
    Games GMed

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

Muk, Patience come back! Janan clambers down the hill carefully. Without their medic, he couldn't risk taking risks. He quickly returns Patience before he succumbs to the poison, releasing Fury. Fury, Wing Attack go! Fury lunges at G5, swiping at it with his wing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swapped Patience for Fury. He was going to be KO'd by Poison, so didn't see a point in keeping him out.
    Wing Attack AC 2 Physical Flying
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    The gligar Fury attacked swung its tail at the dragon in a wicked arc that shone with dark energy dealing 18 physical dark damage. Another begins to drag Valeri's unconscious body into the ground. G3 darted underground after being hit by a knife that Rashif threw. Duncan releases a large boulder with four arms who threw a scattering of sharp rocks at a gligar.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-05-02 at 10:29 AM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo hesitates only a second longer before giving up and opening the door of The Hub. Once inside, he looks around at the merchandise, only slightly interested. He needed to talk to the old man from before, but if he wasn't here then he wanted a plausible excuse as to why he came here.
    The old man was indeed sitting in the shop, although he seemed to be cleaning up. A little duster scooted around various surfaces making sure that the place was free of dust.

Back so soon? I didn't expect you to talk with your relatives this quickly. Or are you here to buy this time?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh come on..." Ovelia groaned. She was starting to get desperate, so far she hadn't seen anything special or awesome. If this kept up she'd not only fail to beat Jonathan, but she'd look terrible. She pushed onward, hoping to find something.

Spoiler
    Show

[roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    About time. You have 6 sections left.

You ended up in the flow of the main hunt for a while, which scared away any game you might find. When it eventually flowed away from you, you ended up riding through some dense wooded area.

[spoiler]perception please[/spolier]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

The gligar Fury attacked swung its tail at the dragon in a wicked arc that shone with dark energy dealing 18 physical dark damage. Another begins to drag Valeri's unconscious body into the ground. G3 darted underground after being hit by a knife that Rashif threw. Duncan releases a large boulder with four arms who threw a scattering of sharp rocks at a gligar.
    Muk, I'll get Valerie! Fury, Wing Attack! With far too much excitment for bloodshed, Fury swipes at G5 and G7, while Janan charges at G5 swinging the cleaver.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wing Attack, AC 2 and 4 Physical Flying
    (1d20)[15] G5
    (2d10+19)[25]
    (1d20)[3] G7
    (2d10+19)[38]
    Arms Attack AC 6 Physical Normal vs G5
    (1d20)[10]
    (1d10+13)[22]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

=-=
    Perception: (1d20-4)[13]

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Theo eyed the duster momentarily and then assumed that the mental probe was this man. "Well there's been a windfall of good cheer among my relatives. Seeing my collection of pokemon, and the way I battle with them, they've all showered me with wonderful gifts. But a man can't keep everything he gets, and I'm sure that I'd never be able to use all these gifts. Do you have a scrap of paper and a pencil?" Theo writes down the following phrase: Fifteen Ultraballs, Ten specialty balls. Are you able to buy?
    Games GMed

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ettin in the Playground

Muk, I'll get Valerie! Fury, Wing Attack! With far too much excitment for bloodshed, Fury swipes at G5 and G7, while Janan charges at G5 swinging the cleaver.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wing Attack, AC 2 and 4 Physical Flying
    [roll0] G5
    [roll1]
    [roll2] G7
    [roll3]
    Arms Attack AC 6 Physical Normal vs G5
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    G5 hisses at you in pain before latching onto Valerie's leg and diving underground with it. G3's tail wrapped around her rapidly paling body as poison coursed through her veins and assisted in pulling her down into the sand. Only her head and some of her shoulder remained above ground. The last gligar slammed its tail into Fury for 17 physical normal damage. The croconaw leaped at the gligar and flinched it with its large jaws. Rashif shot a pokeball at the one next to Janan, but the ball sailed above its head and landed in the sand.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo eyed the duster momentarily and then assumed that the mental probe was this man. "Well there's been a windfall of good cheer among my relatives. Seeing my collection of pokemon, and the way I battle with them, they've all showered me with wonderful gifts. But a man can't keep everything he gets, and I'm sure that I'd never be able to use all these gifts. Do you have a scrap of paper and a pencil?" Theo writes down the following phrase: Fifteen Ultraballs, Ten specialty balls. Are you able to buy?
    The man makes a motion with his hand to draw the pencil and paper for you, and you catch sight of the ring that he told you gave him a limited psychic ability of telekenis, though nothing else.

When he saw what you wrote, his face blanched. That was you? Arceus save me, please tell me you weren't tailed here. You don't have them with you do you? Obviously you're new to the game. Now we might both be implicated.

Grumbling, he hurridely rushed to the back of his store and came back out with a crossbow that glowed with a light blue hue. He quickly looked it over to make sure it was working properly and sat it down on the table within easy reach. muking fresh meat. Well? do you have them with you?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show