New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: World in Conflict

Riordan replies. "Well, we heard a scream from an alleyway. Rushing in, we found two mages and two demons, with some bodies. One of the bodies was conscious. We then fought these enemies. The mages seemed to fight by reading from their tomes to shoot blasts of fire at us. They also used a special attack on Icarus and Tuglinok here, which turned them to stone temporarily, making the fight more difficult. The demons were naturally resistance to electricity; one of them healed very quickly and seemed to inflict any damage he took to any enemies within 30 ft and a silencing effect with a 20 ft radius. The other one had some sort of acidic skin that caused damage with melee attacks. The cat you speak of was watching the entire fight, perched on the body of the unconscious man, who was alive but later found to be unable to be woken. After we defeated them, the cat turned into a hawk and immediately fly off. Vortigern do you have anything to add to that?"
    optimization is like salt. a pinch here and there can't hurt, but too much will spoil everything.

Wailing Death - Ryenos Shadowflare / Tyrael Lightbringer

My Homebrew: The Life Disciple

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Not much. The mages seemed to be surrounding the cat creature when we arrived, which was perched on top of the unconscious man's head.

The mages also didn't seem to be trying to attack or defend from it. I didn't notice it do anything during the fight.

Vortigern shrugs.
    Last edited by Demidos; 2013-08-11 at 02:14 AM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Arilra listens intently to your recount of the battle before speaking, Hm, not much new information there unfortunately. We took the tome that you retrieved last night and had the local Dalaran wizards analyze it as we haven't seen any mage use items like that. Apparently its known as an Emblem Tome and is a prototype of a new type of magic being researched in Dalaran right now. Its all hush hush apparently and apparently from what information we gained from the corpse of the mages they were instructed in the Aratharon Confederation in the use of this type of magic. The two demons you fought were a Jovok, a horrible imp creature, and a Babbau, a sneaky demon coated in a painful acid. The mystery still seems to be about what the cat was doing. I highly doubt it was just watching the fight, from what I heard from the guards you were incredibly wounded and the fight was close. Even a minuscule amount of help might of turned the tide either way. And I doubt that a hawk and a cat are its only forms as I have never heard of such a creature. Do you have any ideas on what exactly it might of been doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

4. - Top - End - #64

Griffon

"Well, we have already encountered a shifter before haven't we? Are you familiar with our earlier encounter with the strange gas cloud? They could be the same creature. It's possible the cat was doing something to the man throughout the fight, we weren't able to pay much attention but he was on his head. Maybe he was doing something to him which is the reason he will not wake up now. It's possible the shifter had no allegiance to the mages, and for that reason didn't help shift the fight."
    Last edited by Road_Runner; 2013-08-11 at 04:52 PM.
    optimization is like salt. a pinch here and there can't hurt, but too much will spoil everything.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Interesting theory, I did hear from Sango that you fought a Yochlol earlier this week summoned by an elven mage. And actually we have managed to awaken the man. A simple restoration spell was enough to wake him up. He has experienced some... trauma we think... from the experience. He can't seem to remember anything from the past 98 years. When he woke up he seemed massive disorientated and was confused about the date. Currently he is being held here until we can hopefully restore some of his memories but it is looking grim. When we cast spells such as modify memory, which can grant a subject perfect recollection of an experience, its as if he never experienced any of the events that we know he experienced.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Vortigern listens politely and wordlessly while Tuglinok cavorts in the background.

"Interesting."
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

7. - Top - End - #67

Griffon

Riordan stares at Tuglinok. "Well, keep us updated. Do you know if there any important tasks we can attend to, or shall we continue guarding sectors of the city as normal?"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

As you guys rest in the cavern with the raging river splashing water on you both Icarus and Tuglinok are having trouble sleeping as the spores are expanding and starting to devourer their flesh. Every hour both Tuglinok and Icarus need to make fort saves or take con damage. (So eight hours = eight saving throws)

9. - Top - End - #69

Griffon

Before we go to sleep, Riordan is going to send his army of nanites into Icarus's and Tuglinoks body to attack the spores(remove disease, as the spell).

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

The effect persists (It is not a disease)

11. - Top - End - #71

Griffon

Fort saves:

(1d20+8)[17]
    (1d20+8)[20]
    (1d20+8)[10]
    (1d20+8)[22]
    (1d20+8)[25]
    (1d20+8)[11]
    (1d20+8)[27]
    (1d20+8)[22]

12. - Top - End - #72

Griffon

heal check: (1d20+8)[16]

13. - Top - End - #73

Griffon

Heal checks:

(1d20+8)[19]
    (1d20+8)[9]
    (1d20+8)[16]
    (1d20+8)[14]
    (1d20+8)[10]
    (1d20+8)[17]
    (1d20+8)[19]

Familiars assisting checks:

(1d20)[17]
    (1d20)[15]
    (1d20)[6]
    (1d20)[12]
    (1d20)[6]
    (1d20)[11]
    (1d20)[15]

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

(1d20+10)[15]
    (1d20+10)[23]
    (1d20+10)[30]
    (1d20+10)[29]
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

(1d20+5)[14]
    (1d20+5)[21]
    (1d20+5)[16]
    (1d20+5)[17]

moooore fort saves

Also,
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

After defeating the demonic gorrilas and the obese demon guarding the prison cells your group quickly regathers itself, Tsubaki turns back into a spiked chain and Blackstar looks eager to move forward. What do you do now?

17. - Top - End - #77

Griffon

Spoiler
    Show
    Did we heal yet? If we haven't fully healed I vote we heal completely.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I'd say heal then explore. Not like we can escape.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Calculate the number of rounds it takes to heal and then tell me, I shall inform you if anything of note happens during that time.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Math says I if I heal (10 mana) and get hit every round (+6 mana) I lose 4 mana per round. Every 8 rounds, I gain an additional 8, so it approximates to -3 mana and -1d6 nonlethal HP per round.

I also suggest we retreat to the guardable prison entrance.

Note: Letter of who is being healed will be edited in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Healing per round
    1:
    (7d4)[21] I
    (1d6)[3]

2:
    (7d4)[24] R
    (1d6)[2]

3:
    (7d4)[17] T
    (1d6)[1]

4:
    (7d4)[21] I
    (1d6)[2]

5:
    (7d4)[22] I
    (1d6)[4]

6:
    (7d4)[22] R
    (1d6)[5]

7:
    (7d4)[14] V
    (1d6)[1]

8:
    (7d4)[17] B
    (1d6)[3]

9:
    (7d4)[21] T
    (1d6)[1]

10:
    (7d4)[23] R
    (1d6)[6]

Edit: Note, mana will be exhausted by this point, and will require recharge.
    Actually, I believe everyone's fine at this point, so past this is focused on regenerating mana. I'll keep the rolls in case I miscalculated, as, you know, its 3 am.

11:
    (7d4)[20]
    (1d6)[6]

12:
    (7d4)[19]
    (1d6)[4]

13:
    (7d4)[22]
    (1d6)[5]

14:
    (7d4)[13]
    (1d6)[2]

15:
    (7d4)[20]
    (1d6)[3]

16:
    (7d4)[18]
    (1d6)[3]

17:
    (7d4)[21]
    (1d6)[1]

18:
    (7d4)[20]
    (1d6)[4]

19:
    (7d4)[16]
    (1d6)[4]

20:
    (7d4)[22]
    (1d6)[2]

Last edited by Demidos; 2013-08-18 at 05:02 AM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

No one attacks you as you walk towards the prison door and no one attacks you as you heal, as you enter the prison you notice several prisoners in the cells (They were 10ft deep you didn't ever have LoS and it was the middle of combat) unconscious and slumped against the walls of their cells.

You complete your healing without incident

Spoiler
    Show
    If you wish to have other characters preform actions retroactively during the healing I will allow it

22. - Top - End - #82

Griffon

As Tuglinok spends a couple minutes healing, Riordan is going to use his sonic fists while Icarus uses his shockwave (if he can hit the cages without hitting the prisoners) to break the bars entering the cages. "Hey, these people are trapped here as well. Maybe we can get them to join us against those who trapped them here. However, given the number of dominated creatures we've run into it might be a good idea to tie them up, purge them, or at least heal them a little bit and be ready to attack them if they show hostile response."

Spoiler
    Show

Do I need to roll damage or can we just assume averagish for the two minutes? How many cages could I break open?
    Last edited by Road_Runner; 2013-08-18 at 07:11 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

You find the time to free all of them from their cages if you focus on snapping the bars. Rioridan, blackstar, and vortigen can smash and free the 8 prisoners easily.

All of them are incredibly famished and you seem to be incapable of waking them, normal healing doesn't seem to be working.

The prisoners are 6 night elves, 2 males 4 female and 2 orcs one male and one female. All are wearing rags and have atrophied muscles and bodies probably from starvation and poor nutrition.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2013-08-19 at 12:14 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Tuglinok pokes Blackstar. "See if your little trinket orb thingy can do anything?"

He's curious to see it in action.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Blackstar looks a bit confused, Sure I guess. I mean I doubt they will have that much information to be honest. But hey maybe they have some kind of info of who put them in here. Blackstar takes out his mind reading tentacle orb and uses it on a prisoner. Blackstar looks a bit confused, looks at his item and then speaks, Thats odd... I didn't get anything from them. At all, its like they don't have their minds in them.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

"DUDE, that thing has TENTACLES. Whoa.

How much can you learn with that?"
    says Tug, wide-eyed.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Blackstar shrugs, I don't really know, it varies a bit. But usually I get a decent chunk of info, name, some friends, usually extreme life changing moments. I never have had it come up with no info.

28. - Top - End - #88

Griffon

"Looks like the same kind of thing they did to the guy we found in the alley. We should take these people back to the guard if we can."

Riordan will try and carry all of the bodies. If they are starved and their muscles are atrophied I assume they are lighter than normal adults. My medium load is 613 heavy load is 920. (I believe I have 4 str damage).

29. - Top - End - #89

Griffon

"Hmmm, they might be difficult to move. Black Star can you handle a body or two?" Riordan picks up a female night elf and a male night elf.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not a racist I rolled for it :P!
    Last edited by Road_Runner; 2013-08-19 at 06:54 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Your group heads to the south eastern door after fully restoring health and mana. Swinging the door open you are greeted with a full room of plants and fauna. A pond sits in the lower southeastern corner.

Vortigen spots some of the plants an immediately recognizes them thanks to his familiarity with nature. Two Yellow Musk Creeper, giant plants which infest other living beings and turns them into mindless zombies and are only able to be damaged by fire and acid thanks to its regeneration. Also he spots two Green Warders, plant creatures who confuse and sleep opponents, hiding in the bushes.

Vortigen Init: (1d20)[8]
    Tuglinok Init: (1d20)[7]