New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: I had my Angel Blade (Supernatural) (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl45DM! View Post
    She's new to the whole vengeance thing. Give her time
    Actually thats something that Supernatural has been consistent on, vengeance is taken swiftly and simply. Azazel, Brady, even Lilith. Killed quickly and without torture. Torture is saved for information
    Well, I guess considering where dead demons/angels(?)/Leviathans go, torturing them before killing is a bit of a waste of time. Then again, do we have any idea where they go if they die in purgatory?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Do dead demons and angels for sure go to purgatory? I don't remember seeing any when Dean was there, just Leviathans and random monsters. Because I was honestly expecting Azazel to show up in purgatory. Missed opportunity imo.
    LGBTitP

3. - Top - End - #63
    Banned

I kinda think they just wink out of existence. Of course I don't actually have any proof to support my claim.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2014-02-28 at 09:55 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64

Ghostfacers!
    Last edited by Phobia; 2014-03-06 at 09:39 PM.
    LGBTitP

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    Ghostfacers!
    Meh, the only thing I can really say about the new episodes is the first victim had it coming, what with taking selfies and duck facing
    "What's done is done."

6. - Top - End - #66

Yeah, I never really liked the Ghostfacers. Or episodes where it turns out to be a normal human. XD
    LGBTitP

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I like the ghostfacers, but I don't like episodes where everything that happens is a metaphor for Dean and Sam's relationship. I like episodes where it turns out to be human, but the humans have to be memorable. Humans, but monsters anyway, like the Benders, not just a couple of murderous douchebags. Also the Ghostfacers looked really old, it was kinda jarring. I know its been 5 years since we saw them, but still. Overall it was a lousy episode.
    I Am A:Neutral Good Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-16

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

This week on Supernatural: Weird guest star (which I really only know from South Park), lots of magic, Dean on a blood rage, the most horrendous crime ever and lots and lots of Mark Sheppard. Overall, pretty nice.
    "What's done is done."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Except he killed Gabriel. That should not have happened. Unless Gabriel has been 'pulling a Gabriel' for four seasons and is actually still alive - I can dream.

YESSS!!!
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler.

YESSS!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm... not really sure. Well, least of all on the formalities. But then again, this week's episode of Supernatural Metatron was confusing as hell... heaven... purgatory... whatever.
    I'm not gonna start thinking about the fact this is now more or less a self-insert fanfic... (every little girls dream, I guess)... and Gabriel is... a ghost angel? Or... ah, whatever. It was nice seeing him again, anyway. Let's hope it wasn't the last time.
    "What's done is done."

11. - Top - End - #71

Spoiler
    Show
    gabriel seemed out of character this episode. i can't put my finger on it, but he just felt off. also, looks like castiel took the deal for some new grace. dean seems to be having trouble containing the mark's aggression (or, like varsuvius, he's using the mark as a subconscious excuse to act out more than he normally would). i'm predicting here and now that gadriel will turn on metatron before this is over. what's more, metatron knows it. and gadriel comes off looking much worse in this episode than before. he actually tried to justify letting the snake into the garden, and causing the whole mess to start. he's beginning to turn into lucifer, with his whiny "i was punished for loving too much!" crap.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

The PCs were already a special forces type unit in a kingdom's military, so the campaign started in the general's office.

Extended Homebrew Signature

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by lunar2 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    gabriel seemed out of character this episode. i can't put my finger on it, but he just felt off. also, looks like castiel took the deal for some new grace. dean seems to be having trouble containing the mark's aggression (or, like varsuvius, he's using the mark as a subconscious excuse to act out more than he normally would). i'm predicting here and now that gadriel will turn on metatron before this is over. what's more, metatron knows it. and gadriel comes off looking much worse in this episode than before. he actually tried to justify letting the snake into the garden, and causing the whole mess to start. he's beginning to turn into lucifer, with his whiny "i was punished for loving too much!" crap.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gadriel trying to justify letting the snake into the garden made me think he did it on purpose which would justify his punishment.

13. - Top - End - #73

i just remembered something. metatron said that if castiel died this time, there would be no one to bring him back. but in season 8, naomi said castiel's resurrection was part of his "glitch". castiel is literally incapable of following the rules for any length of time, to the extent that he can't even properly die. now, it may be a simple exclamation of frustration, but iirc, everything naomi said turned out to be true, from a certain point of view. so it may be true that castiel literally can't die. he literally can't be permanently depowered. he's like a magnetic spanner in the steel works. no matter how many times you pull him out, he just goes flying right back in.

also, when dean bound death to kill castiel, death called cas a "mutated" angel. not just hopped up on soul juice, since any angel could do that, but actually different from what an angel is supposed to be.

and on another note, we finally find out why angels are driving cars and buses. their teleportation ability was specifically a function of their wings, which only metatron has now.

not to mention there really is still a route into heaven, and gadriel knows where it is.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

The PCs were already a special forces type unit in a kingdom's military, so the campaign started in the general's office.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

i just remembered something. metatron said that if castiel died this time, there would be no one to bring him back. but in season 8, naomi said castiel's resurrection was part of his "glitch". castiel is literally incapable of following the rules for any length of time, to the extent that he can't even properly die. now, it may be a simple exclamation of frustration, but iirc, everything naomi said turned out to be true, from a certain point of view. so it may be true that castiel literally can't die. he literally can't be permanently depowered. he's like a magnetic spanner in the steel works. no matter how many times you pull him out, he just goes flying right back in.

also, when dean bound death to kill castiel, death called cas a "mutated" angel. not just hopped up on soul juice, since any angel could do that, but actually different from what an angel is supposed to be.

and on another note, we finally find out why angels are driving cars and buses. their teleportation ability was specifically a function of their wings, which only metatron has now.

not to mention there really is still a route into heaven, and gadriel knows where it is.
    I do like this theory. He is also been the most loyal (main cast) angel. The others got were only loyal when they had to be (like the original angels on the show).

Maybe that glitch caused all this.

Does anyone think Cas's rebellion will succeed?

15. - Top - End - #75
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    I do like this theory. He is also been the most loyal (main cast) angel. The others got were only loyal when they had to be (like the original angels on the show).

Maybe that glitch caused all this.

Does anyone think Cas's rebellion will succeed?
    Well, considering that everything Cas touches ends in some sort of global level catastrophe....I'm sure they'll defeat Medatron, but not until Cas gets everyone following him killed and screws the world up again in some other way. I know he's part of the Winchester "family", but the guy has done soooo much more harm than good at this point that I'm surprised Sam and Dean aren't trying to put him down.

Oh, as for the glitch...we know that it was God that brought Cas back before. He explicitly told them so through his angel gardner buddy.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2014-04-21 at 07:17 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Meh, Cas really isn't much more of an **** magnet than the Winchesters, so if they put him down they'd have to knock themselves out afterwards too. (Okay, Cas is currently leading when it comes to "screwing up the world" but still)

That said... yeah, I'm sure Cas won't do his new followers any favor... That's gotta end in blood shed.
    "What's done is done."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So I'm confused.

Is Metatron dictating events as if he is the new God and making a self-insert fanfic that actually comes true?
    Or is he writing down events as if he is talking to a Prophet? Except there is no Prophet, so he's talking to himself.

Or is Metatron not the guy who tells Prophets what to write? Was that brought up at some point?
    I may be mixing actual lore with Supernatural lore.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2014-04-22 at 09:41 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

18. - Top - End - #78

the prophets are metatron's deal. their powers come from him. which is why he was able to possess kevin without his consent, even if just for a moment.

and yes, metatron seems to have at least limited reality warping powers, but then, so do all angels of sufficient status (no telling if cherubs are capable of the same stuff the higher order angels are). with the angel tablet in his possession, he may even be capable of limited manipulation of other angels. it does seem that he has at least some control over the outcome of events.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Meh, Cas really isn't much more of an **** magnet than the Winchesters, so if they put him down they'd have to knock themselves out afterwards too. (Okay, Cas is currently leading when it comes to "screwing up the world" but still)

That said... yeah, I'm sure Cas won't do his new followers any favor... That's gotta end in blood shed.
    The Winchesters are definitely **** magnets, but Cass willfully puts the world in danger and hurts people on a regular basis. There's a huge difference between getting stuck in a bad situation and choosing to inflict harm on others.

20. - Top - End - #80

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought vamps were stronger than humans? seems like maybe the mark is giving dean some power even without the blade.
    anyways, this episode reminded me of the last time we saw the alpha, and that got me wondering. we haven't seen a single leviathan outside of purgatory since season 7. roman was the only one that's actually been killed, so where are the rest? surely they would have encountered at least one by now. other hunters couldn't have taken the heads off of all of them yet.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

anyways, this episode reminded me of the last time we saw the alpha
    I also remember that the Alpha said "I'll see you next season..." except that hasn't paid off yet.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    The Winchesters are definitely **** magnets, but Cass willfully puts the world in danger and hurts people on a regular basis. There's a huge difference between getting stuck in a bad situation and choosing to inflict harm on others.
    Really? Yeah. Cas' plans backfire. A lot. But saying "I'm going to do this even though it will endanger the world" I don't think is something I recall him doing often.

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought vamps were stronger than humans? seems like maybe the mark is giving dean some power even without the blade.
    That's how I read the scene.

roman was the only one that's actually been killed, so where are the rest? surely they would have encountered at least one by now. other hunters couldn't have taken the heads off of all of them yet.
    It's been a while but didn't they kill more than one, like, took out the organization on a larger scale? I guess a few would still be around but maybe they are smart enough to keep low. Or they all tried cleaning their apartments and died miserably.

I also remember that the Alpha said "I'll see you next season..." except that hasn't paid off yet.
    Well, I guess they forgot about that

I think I'd have liked the last episode more if the girl actually would have been evil... oh, well.
    "What's done is done."

23. - Top - End - #83

Spoiler
    Show
    anyways, this episode reminded me of the last time we saw the alpha, and that got me wondering. we haven't seen a single leviathan outside of purgatory since season 7. roman was the only one that's actually been killed, so where are the rest? surely they would have encountered at least one by now. other hunters couldn't have taken the heads off of all of them yet.
    I believe Crowley went after them pretty heavily once Roman was gone, which may account for their sudden scarcity. I also think they were meant to be just about useless without their leader. Quoth the tablet, courtesy of Kevin Tran-

"Waste not thy time nor your breath upon the leviathan herd. Point thy blade at the heart of their master, for from him springs all their messages. Leviathan cannot be slain but by a bone of a righteous mortal, as light and good as the Leviathan are hungry and dark, washed in the three bloods of the fallen: a Fallen Angel, the ruler of Fallen Humanity and a father of Fallen Beasts"
    Which isn't to say that they wouldn't still be a threat through raw power, but that they might stand up too well to a determined campaign by the King of Hell, back when he was still on his throne.

Also, I think we may not see them again just because they weren't received too well by the fandom. But I could be wrong!

24. - Top - End - #84

Spoiler
    Show
    possible new recurring character? it was obvious his dad was actually a hunter from the silver bullets, but it looks like he may be a ghost, as well. do you think he just didn't move on, or did he die after heaven was locked up? beyond that, looks like david is automatically the leader, being the oldest surviving male heir. at least, that's how i read it. he came back so he could take over and stop his sister from starting a pointless war. i don't think this particular storyline is over, though. too many loose ends, too much tension hanging around. also, the winchesters have been through chicago several times before, and they never noticed anything off. granted, when they were looking for death, they had an excuse, because they were kind of busy. but what about the other times?

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benthesquid View Post
    Also, I think we may not see them again just because they weren't received too well by the fandom. But I could be wrong!
    I liked the Leviathans...

26. - Top - End - #86

what i disliked about the leviathans was that, aside from their ability to kill angels, they were completely made of informed ability. they're supposed to be this uber powerful monster that can wreck anything, but they're basically just a cross between a shifter and a vampire, without most of the weaknesses.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

what i disliked about the leviathans was that, aside from their ability to kill angels, they were completely made of informed ability. they're supposed to be this uber powerful monster that can wreck anything, but they're basically just a cross between a shifter and a vampire, without most of the weaknesses.
    They were by far the smartest monster we've ever seen in addition to having the power to goo angels. Within a year on our plane they had mastered its power structures, invented a potion that makes humans perfect prey and kills all other predators. Compare to Azazel or Luci who spent over 30 years setting up their end of the world gambit and even then it was hinged on a prize fight that had at best a 50/50 chance of going the bad guys way. In the end, divine intervention (Kevin just 'suddenly' becomes a prophet) an angel with a unique ability to find the King, and an army of demons were required to take the leviathans down in addition to a ghost that specifically stayed alive to pass on crucial intel. And the Winchesters. Whereas Lucifer AND Michael were taken down by 4 humans and one demon and one archangel (Kinda).

Levi's dont have the raw power of angels or demons, but being nigh unkillable and smarter than everything else makes them pretty badass in my book.

Also BACKDOOR PILOT! Little annoyed its gonna be about family (again) and two male leads (again) with a missing hunter dad (AGAIN) and a dead girlfriend being part of the push to hunt evil (YEAH AGAIN!). Aside from that the whole 5 families is pretty cool, Werewolves Shifters are enemies, Ghouls and Vampires seem to be flunkys and Djinn the wildcard. Needs more Faeries though.
    I Am A:Neutral Good Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-16

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I kinda think they just wink out of existence. Of course I don't actually have any proof to support my claim.
    I agree. I think only a being with a soul gets to go to purgatory. Demons are souls that have been transformed and Angels are similar, but they no longer have them so they just disappear.
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Superb Avatar.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael
    Master of the Forge, Hephaestus Faust, Gwain

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vampires apparently aren't the fifth family, it's Sirens, whatever that is in Supernatural. Vampires aren't represented at all.

I liked the hunter guy in this one. It's weird seeing a black guy as more of the main character but I love it. Most of the guys in Supernatural look almost the same. It seems like they're just setting up this to be like the first seasons of Supernatural all over again tho (even that guys dad? seriously?). I mean, when he was pulling out the gun and the silver bullets I half-expected him to pull out his Dad's Journal.

I absolutely hated the Werewolf Girl, she was very annoying.
    Last edited by ChaosPerfected; 2014-05-01 at 05:04 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosPerfected View Post
    Vampires apparently aren't the fifth family, it's Sirens, whatever that is in Supernatural. Vampires aren't represented at all.

I liked the hunter guy in this one. It's weird seeing a black guy as more of the main character but I love it. Most of the guys in Supernatural look almost the same. It seems like they're just setting up this to be like the first seasons of Supernatural all over again tho (even that guys dad? seriously?). I mean, when he was pulling out the gun and the silver bullets I half-expected him to pull out his Dad's Journal.

I absolutely hated the Werewolf Girl, she was very annoying.
    sirens first appeared in either season 4 or season 5. they aren't shapeshifters, instead using telepathy to disguise themselves from other living things. their saliva is laced with massive amounts of oxytocin, so whoever they swap spit with (or even anyone who drinks after them) falls helplessly in love with them, to the point of being willing to kill family members for their love. the spell is temporary, though. seems to only last a few days without re-upping on spit. their vulnerability is their own "venom". specifically, if they are stabbed with a knife coated in the blood of someone under their influence, that tainted blood is poisonous to them.

also, i had no clue that was the pilot of a spinoff. no wonder it had so many loose threads. how much does anyone want to bet that garth gets called in on this? he's just about the only hunter that won't randomly kill every monster he sees, meaning he can focus on taking out the leadership and the worst elements, like margo.

also, what exactly is so bad about shifters, other than them being exceptionally good at being jerks? they don't need to eat human flesh or anything, do they? apparently samuel thought a shifter baby could be raised as a good guy.