New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Artifacts of Shianna II

I take a moment to examine my surroundings. No high ground, no choke points, outnumbered ten to one... this is bad. We need a place to cut them off before they get to the elemental core... "The stairs!" I shout.

I sprint down the stairs, calling "Follow me!" When I reach the lower level, I usher down the other party members behind me. I turn to them and quickly declare a plan. "We're going to stop them here, where they can only come two at a time. I'll hold the hallway. Velka, back me up. Ariana and Cadeyrn, you're artillery. And Emerald, see if you can find anything in the alchemy lab to help us out. Alimov, go with her. Cadeyrn, Protection of Evil on her. Clear?"

Normally I'd wait for responses, but this is a life-or-death situation, so we'll need every second we can get. I mention for Wallel and Emerald to walk past me into the alchemy lab, then as soon as the hallway's clear, I say "Enlarge Person." I grow to double size, and I fill the corridor, blocking the way for any zombies who might want to move past me.

Spoiler
    Show
    Enlarge Person effects:
    • I grow to large size
    • I have a ten-foot reach
    • I get a +2 bonus to Strength
    • I take a -2 penalty to Dexterity and -1 AC
    • I take a -1 penalty to attack and AC
    • Weapon damage dice increases from 1d10 to 2d8

Total bonuses and penalties:
    • AC decreases to 14, (but I'll raise it next round)
    • Weapon damage increases to 2d8+1d6+9 or 2d8+1d6+12 on a power attack
    • Reflex decreases to +3
    Last edited by AttilaTheGeek; 2014-03-08 at 09:19 AM.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cadeyrn nodded in reply before moving behind Killian.

"You got it, Killian." Cadeyrn quickly touched Emerald on the shoulder while speaking clearly "Protection from Evil!"

3. - Top - End - #333
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As he followed Killian belowdecks, Wallel grabbed the nearest club or mace he could see in the armory and silently handed it to Emerald for her to use in place of the rapier. With a nod of agreement to the paladin, he led Emerald into the alchemy lab of the ship.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Ariana looks around nervously and says, "Alright. I am...almost out of spells, actually. I have a casting of Invisibility, two True Strikes, a Magic Missile, and a Summon Monster I. This is going to be tough."

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

I give a quick, short sigh before squishing over to one side of the hall so that Ariana can go past me into the armory. "Well, see if you can grab a crossbow or something. You might need it. Save your spells for when you need them most. Cadeyrn, Alimov, how are you doing on magic?"
    Last edited by AttilaTheGeek; 2014-03-08 at 09:24 AM.

6. - Top - End - #336

Cadeyrn replied, "I've got most of my magic energy left for spells, but it might be nice to have a small mace. If you can, Ariana, grab one for me. If not, I'll rely upon my spells and my alchemists fire."

7. - Top - End - #337

BlueKnightGuy

Wallel gives a brief thumbs up as he moves towards the lab. Not that his spells have much combat application against undead, but he has them.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

The undead forces can be heard gathering at the top level of the deck. There are dozens of the creatures lumbering about on the level above, but they are making no attempt to storm the stairway to the bottom level yet. A few of the creatures can be seen at the top from the bottom of the stairs.

They are hideous, mindless Karrnathi undead abominations, reminiscent of zombies, but, judging on their ability to climb the airship so easily, are much faster and stronger than a typical zombie.

A familiar voice calls down from above. It is dark, scratchy, unholy and is rotten with the essence of undeath. "Come up and fight us with honor and I may have enough compassion to kill you quickly."

It is the voice of an undead monster that used to be Aden Hawk.

Emerald takes a mace from Alimov and discards the rapier. She doesn't seem like she knows how to use it efficiently, but she seems confident enough to try. She follows the silent elf into the alchemists lab to search for anything valuable.
    Last edited by Samshiir; 2014-03-09 at 12:31 PM.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Ariana's face whitens when she hears the voice, and she asks Killian slowly, "Doesn't that...sound familiar..."
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-03-08 at 06:42 PM.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Alimov and Emerald quickly search through the alchemist lab for anything they can use against the undead, but are finding nothing that seems like any decent help. Luckily, most of the potions are labeled. There are potions of endure elements, potions that purify food, potions that can cure diseases, and magical oil that keeps weapons clean and sharp. Overall, nothing advantageous.

Emerald is having the same amount of luck. "Blasted Cyrans!" She yells, "No wonder they lost the war! They don't have anything useful! Unless we want to turn one of those zombies into a sheep and deal with undead mutton!" She indicates to a specific potion that Alimov can only assume turns the imbiber into a sheep when drank.

Alimov discards the useless potions to the side to continue his desperate search, and, in the very back of the lab station tucked away in a corner, finally finds two bottles with large, white crosses covering the glass. The liquid inside is clear and bristling with energy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two vials of Holy Water.
    Last edited by Samshiir; 2014-03-10 at 12:06 PM.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

"Doesn't that...sound familiar..."
    My eyes narrow into a glare as I remember the "man" I killed. "That it does." Was his command over undeath so great that he could even revive himself? This could be a problem. I can't let him at the rest of the party; he'd destroy them. And with all those zombies, we wouldn't stand a chance. I know what I have to do.

I can't believe this abomination would dare speak to a Paladin this way! "You speak of honor, fiend?! You who would reanimate the dead to do your bidding for you? You, who would dishonor the fallen? You would break the fragile peace between the nations to satisfy your lust for power!" My retort crescendos into a yell. "And you dare to speak to me... of honor?! I will show you HONOR! Protection from Evil."

I drop my pack and stride up the stairs to the top deck, blade drawn. The huge mass of zombies takes me by surprise, but I can't falter now. "Aden Hawk! I challenge you to single combat for the fate of the Soaring Eagle! And if you are as honorable as you say, then you will accept!" I shift into a ready stance. "Or would you flee?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate check: (1d20+7)[13]
    Last edited by AttilaTheGeek; 2014-03-10 at 01:26 PM.

12. - Top - End - #342

BlueKnightGuy

Picking up the two bottles of Holy Water, Wallel turns to Emerald and grins. Something useful, finally.
    ... He also pockets the sheep potion. Might be useful later.

With that done, he carries the Holy Water back out to the others, hearing Killian shouting at someone. Must have been more than just zombies and skeletons outside if there was something to shout at.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

The mass of undead around Killian snarl, hiss, and howl at him as he emerges onto the top deck of the Soaring Eagle to see not only Aden Hawk at the top, but two other figures along with him.

Aden still wears his captain-insignia on his ivory bone armor attached directly to his flesh, but now holds a two-handed bone sword and has black magic stitching his head to his body. The yellow glow of his eyes tell you that there is no mortal left remaining in him.

To Aden's right is an elven woman with white hair, dark skin, black armor, and a deep scarring wound directly under her eye. The dark elf stands ready to draw her katana and use it at a moments notice.

To Aden's left is a man that is half a foot taller than Aden, appears living, and has a lieutenant rank on his chest, indicating that he is Aden's direct subordinate. The man carries an extremely long whip that seems to be made entirely of shadow energy and a bone-longsword in the other hand. His sharp cheekbones and stern gaze indicate that he is Karrnathi.

"How truly honorable is it that this giant comes and challenges you, Captain? Please, allow me to fight in your place, sir." He says to Aden with no hidden amount of spite in his voice.

Aden answer's his lieutenant's question, "Calm yourself, Marcus. Do you realize what you ask? This is the very man that killed me, and you ask to fight him in my place?"

"Sir, he may have killed you. I give you that. But do you have any idea what he did to me?" Lieutenant Deneith says with hatred as he grips his weapons tight.

Aden pauses for a moment to consider the situation, watching Deneith. "Very well, Lieutenant. You may fight in my name, once we clear up this unfair advantage of his."

"And what of me, Captain? I will not sit idly by and watch your army be useless while your pawn toys with the enemy leader. I am here on a mission." Says the dark elf woman.

"Silence, Syree! You will get your chance...

Aden turns his attention to Killian now, "We already know that you can best me in a fight. This is why I will be sending Lieutenant Marcus Deneith in my place. Accept, and he will fight you for the custody of this ship. Decline, and I will order my army to tear this ship apart to find the elven girl."

Syree cannot help but letting loose a wide, wicked grin. She obviously wants you to decline Aden's offer.

Aden continues, "If you are to have a fair and honorable fight with my so-called 'pawn', I ask that you dismiss your unfair magical advantage." He is obviously referring to your size.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

As the three bicker amongst themselves, I try to figure out what useful information I can pass along to my teammates. I shout far louder than I need to to ensure the rest of the party can hear every word I'm saying. "Is that Syree Shianna, back for another attempt to capture Emerald? How will Lord Grimnosh respond to another failure, I wonder?"

My focus continues to the next one in line as my tone becomes even more jeering. "And you, Captain Aden Hawk. Back from the dead. I'll just have to put you in your place- six feet under- again."

"But first, who's this? Marcus Deneith? To be completely honest, I don't remember what I did to you. But if you're allied with these monsters, clearly it wasn't enough to kill you, so I'll make sure not to make the same mistake twice. Aden Hawk, I accept your challenge!"

I flourish my blade as I return to normal size. "Smite Evil. See! You can even have the first attack. Just before the battle begins, I cross myself. Boldrei, grant me strength. True strike.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm letting him win initiative. Stats for Samshiir: AC 16 (touch 12), saves +9/+3/+4.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Ariana fingers nervously jitters as she hears the names Killian calls out. She whispers, "Emerald, stay down. This is going to get ugly." With that, she tries to sneak up the stairs to see what's going on.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Stealth Check: (1d20+3)[17]

Hopefully, I can plonk Syree without her catching me.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-03-10 at 07:53 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346

BlueKnightGuy

Wallel hands the two vials of Holy Water to Emerald and readies his dagger and shield, placing himself at the bottom of the stairs. Syree Shianna? Was that the one he'd scarred back at the Carnival of Shadows? It seemed he was right about her coming back for revenge.

17. - Top - End - #347

Cadeyrn took the time to pull out his two bottles of Alchemist's fire while holding his position at the bottom of the stairs.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Lieutenant Marcus Deneith grins and flares his eyes in a flash of undeathly yellow as he steps into position to begin the duel. Dozens of undead minions surround the two of you, patiently waiting for the fight to begin and are actively prepared to prevent either one of you from escaping the makeshift circle they created around you.

Aden and Syree also wait. Aden seems to be studying you while Syree is simply impatient and wants the fight to finish with either death.

Killian:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You sense something within you. Something very familiar, something very powerful and dark. It is the same something that overcame you when you killed Aden in Vurgenslye.

Except this time, it isn't taking your actions over, it seems to be an attachment onto you, an ally speaking to you instead of a force overcoming you.

Don't underestimate Marcus Deneith. Killian. He is a fierce warrior, fast, and devilishly cunning.

Marcus takes his shadow whip and whirls it above his head and launches the dark tendrils at Killian's bastard sword.

Spoiler
    Show

Disarm Attack: (1d20+16)[29]
    DC: 19 (Killian's CMD)

The whip snags against Killian's sword and twirls around it several times, securing a solid grip against it.

No! Killian! Don't let him-

But the connection to whatever you are bound to is immediately severed the instant Marcus snaps back with his whip, launching your sword away from your hands. The sword is hurled past Marcus and lands on the opposite side of the undead minions behind him.

Marcus grins and brandishes his sword while playfully snapping his whip at his side, trying to taunt Killian to come attack.

Emerald ignores Ariana's request and stands beside Cadeyrn and Alimov, ready to fight with her mace.

Ariana gets to the top of the stairs and slips by the nearby zombies without being detected, but she realizes that she won't be able to get a clear shot against Syree without drawing the attention of numerous undead and especially Aden, who is standing directly next to her still.
    Last edited by Samshiir; 2014-03-10 at 10:48 PM.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Ariana swears very quietly when she realizes she can't get a clear shot on Syree. Instead, she closes her eyes and mutters "Detect Magic." as tries to pick up any worrying magical signatures.

Show
    Spellcraft: (1d20+11)[21]
    Perception: (1d20+3)[15]
    Knowledge (Arcana): (1d20+8)[18]

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

Marcus takes his shadow whip and whirls it above his head and launches the dark tendrils at Killian's bastard sword.

The whip snags against Killian's sword and twirls around it several times, securing a solid grip against it. The sword is hurled past Marcus and lands on the opposite side of the undead minions behind him.

Marcus grins and brandishes his sword while playfully snapping his whip at his side, trying to taunt Killian to come attack.
    What?! He... he took my sword? He took my sword! I'm bewildered as I look down at my hands, suddenly devoid of any weaponry at all. I think about trying to grapple him, but I don't want that whip wrapped around my throat as easily as it wrapped around my blade. I'm completely powerless without my silver sword- I have to get it back.

I make a move to charge Marcus as if for a grapple, but at the last moment I feint and duck past him. I shoulder-check my way through the wall of zombies, thankful that they're repelled by my Protection from Evil spell. I pick up my sword, relieved that I am no longer defenseless. I take the opportunity to taunt Marcus as I step toward him. "So, you're afraid to face me hand to hand?" I raise my sword above my head and bring it down in a powerful two-handed overhead strike. As it crashes into him, I can't resist mocking him again. "You should be."

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: run past him and push through the zombies.
    Move action: pick up my sword and run back at him
    Hero point standard action: power attack. (If you say the first part only takes one move action, let me know in the OOC so I can attack again)
    Attack: (1d20+28)[48]
    Damage: (1d10)[2]+(1d6)[6]+10=18
    Last edited by AttilaTheGeek; 2014-03-11 at 09:21 AM.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Ariana's Detect Magic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You sense as magical:

-The party's usual magical gear effects
    -Especially Killian's sword, there is more magic radiating from this item right now than usual.
    -The whip that Marcus is using
    -Syree's katana and wakizashi
    -Aden Hawk's spliced bone armor

As Killian charges past Marcus, Marcus takes the chance to swing at him with his bone sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack of Opprotunity (Longsword):(1d20+11)[26]
    Damage:(1d8+6)[8]

Killian manages to bypass Marcus from there. The line of enemy undead fear your Protection from Evil spell, and they retreat away from you before you get close enough for them to be forced away by the spell.

"Useless maggots!" Aden yells in fury. He steps over to press his foot on Killian's sword just before he arrives to pick it up.

Aden wasn't expecting the Protection from Evil spell, and as a boy would deflect a ball away from him while playing a game, so to does Killian's magic deflect Aden. The bone knight sails through the air and catches the ground in a bone-on-wood crack!

Syree Shianna sees what happened to Aden and draws her katana in a flash, but does not yet move. She is waiting to see Killian engage Marcus.

Killian retrieves his blade and turns to charge Marcus. The connection with whatever has been communicating with Killian is reestablished.

Spoiler
    Show
    -And as I was saying...he can be outsmarted, especially by you, Killian.

His armor is weak along his ribcage.

Using the guidance whispered into his mind, Killian whirls the sword above his head and arcs it into Marcus' ribcage, dealing a terrible amount of damage.

An unholy cry of pain echoes throughout the Nightwood.

Killian pulls the blade out of Marcus' side and returns to a combative stance, ready to continue the fight. Stale, unused blood trickles out from Marcus' new wound.

In fury, the creature strikes back with his bone sword. Killian's guide was correct in that Marcus is a fast combatant.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1 (Longsword): (1d20+11)[17]
    Damage:(1d8+6)[11]

Attack 2 (Longsword): (1d20+6)[23]
    Damage:(1d8+6)[7]

"To Khyber with this! All forces engage! Find Shianna's elf girl, now!" Upon his command, the entire swarm of undead spring into action.

About one third of the undead stay around Killian, staying to support Aden and Marcus. Two undead warriors leap at Killian, only to be violently deflected backward by his protection spell.

Another one third of the undead spread out around the top level, searching the entire deck for signs of Emerald.

The remaining one third of the undead begin charging the stairwell, directly at Ariana. One zombie spots and engages her, striking a pair of clawed hands at her.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack (Zombie Claw):(1d20+5)[12]
    Damage: [roll]1d4+1

Attack (Zombie Claw):(1d20+5)[9]
    Damage: [roll]1d4+1

Meanwhile, down at the bottom of the stairwell, Emerald, Cadeyrn, and Alimov hear the commotion happening upstairs.

Emerald is lightly shaken with fear, but she stands her ground. That is, she drops her mace to the ground, then pulls her backpack off her shoulders and opens it to look for something inside.

"I won't be able to help you guys fight, I don't think. But there is something I can do to help." She looks directly at Cadeyrn and winks. "We owe this one to a man named Tinker Tanner."

She finally finds the flute inside her pack and pulls it out. She holds the instrument to her mouth begins playing the notes to Tinker Tanner. Emerald begins glowing softly with a warm green, sparkling tone. Her music and presence reinforces the party's minds with an inspiration of courage.

The last time this song was heard was when Cadeyrn and Emerald were singing it in Vedykar, just before Syree....

Spoiler
    Show

-Emeralds song gives the entire party in the stairwell (including Ariana) a +1 to Attack, Damage, and Will vs. Fear. Killian is surrounded by snarling, screaming, howling zombies and does not hear Emerald's music being played.
    -Aden used a held Move Action to move to the sword, though it backfired against him.
    -Killian is now on the opposite side of the stairway/Ariana with Marcus in between.
    -One zombie is engaged with Ariana at the stairway, with three more directly behind her and more behind them.
    -It is the party's turns again.
    -

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Ariana gracefully dodges the skeleton's claws, hoping over one, and ducking the other. She tries to escape the skeleton and move behind the stairwell from the horde. As she moves, she whispers, "True Strike," and once in a better position, she fires an Arcane Strike at Marcus.

Show
    Taking an AoO as I move out of the skeleton's threatened zone

Hero point for the extra action to cast True Strike

Swift Action to activate Arcane Strike

Attack Marcus Deneith: (1d20+28)[39]
    Damage: (1d8)[1]

We're finishing this guy off, right now.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

Killian pulls the blade out of Marcus' side and returns to a combative stance, ready to continue the fight. Stale, unused blood trickles out from Marcus' new wound.

In fury, the creature strikes back with his bone sword. Killian's guide was correct in that Marcus is a fast combatant.
    I can ignore the first hit and block the second, but I'm staggered by the third. A couple more hits like that, and I could be down for the count. I take a moment to recuperate before pressing the assault; I step back and say "Lay on Hands" to regain some energy. But I can't give him any time to recover, so I charge towards him with another attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lay on Hands heals me for (1d6)[1], bringing me up to 19.
    Attack (not power attack): (1d20+9)[12]
    Damage: (1d10)[6]+(1d6)[4]+7=17, in the very unlikely event that that hit.
    Last edited by AttilaTheGeek; 2014-03-11 at 09:02 PM.

24. - Top - End - #354

BlueKnightGuy

Wallel moves up into the stairwell to attack the zombie engaging Ariana, slashing at its rotten flesh with his Blood Dagger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+8)[23]
    Damage: (1d4+4)[6]

25. - Top - End - #355

Trusting in his magic, Cadeyrn shouted out "Cheeearrrrrrrrge!!!!!" before running up the stairs slightly and throwing both of the bottles up to near the top of the stairs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to place Cadeyrn 5 feet onto the stairs. Hero point then spent to use two standard actions to throw both bottles 10' up the stairs, the one on the left five feet to the left (aka, side by side, each aimed at a different square).

Bottle one (against touch attack ac): (1d20+4)[22]
    Bottle two: (1d20+4)[9]
    Damage bottle one (1d6)[5]
    Damage Bottle two (1d6)[6]

There's an additional 1 damage done to all enemies within 5' of the one struck, presuming the attacks work (thus, if both bottles hit, the two struck by the bottles will take 1d6+1 damage instead of just 1d6). Also, if bottle 2 is technically 15' away since it is to the left, then it is at a -2 to attack. Finally, if the attacks work and the zombies do not put out the fire on themselves, they will take an additional 1d6 damage next round (presumably the fire burns out after that as it doesn't say anything in the alchemist's fire section on that, but you can obviously use your best judgement on this one, Samshiir).

26. - Top - End - #356
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Velka is not overly concerned about the large number of zombies. He moves as far up the stairs as he can before using channel energy to do 2d6 damage to each undead in a 30 ft radius of him
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[11] then I will use a hero point to use it again. (2d6)[8] Edit to add: the zombies get a will save to half the damage save: 12
    Last edited by taurosking; 2014-03-12 at 10:23 AM.
    "Stop or the bunny gets it"
    - ConAir

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Ariana:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zombie's AoO as you move away: (1d20+5)[16]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[3]

Ariana steps to the side and finds an opening to fire at Marcus. Her strike is true, but only seems to annoy the warrior.

Since Ariana hit and Killian missed, Marcus turns his attention to the wizard. He takes a step away from Killian and closer to Ariana. He whirls his shadow whip in an arc and snaps it at Ariana. Directly afterward, a zombie takes the chance to pounce on her while she is down and prevent her from moving.

Spoiler
    Show
    15 foot reach trip attack: (1d20+16)[27] (vs. Ariana's CMD)

A zombie attempts a grapple, regardless if the trip worked or not. If it did, Ariana's CMD is at a -4 vs. this grapple.

Grapple vs. Ariana: (1d20+5)[20] (vs. Ariana's CMD, possibly at -4)

Seeing his lieutenant's wounds, Aden moves up and calls upon dark energy to mend his wounds.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aden channels negative energy to heal undead in a 30-foot radius.
    (3d6)[12]

One of Cadeyrn's alchemist fires blasts its target in the face, horribly burning the creature's skin. The explosion knocks it away from the stairs and it lands in an unmoving pile of flaming flesh.

The other potion, however, misses its target, and explodes behind the creature. Alimov takes this chance to engage the missed zombie and successfully strike it with his dagger. The creature returns a swing against Alimov.

Spoiler
    Show
    Zombie attack vs. Alimov: (1d20+5)[20]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[4]

One zombie died to the fire, and the other dodged. Alimov struck the second zombie for half damage, totaling 3. The zombie is fleshy enough for his Blood Dagger to collect 3 Blood Points still.

Syree looks across the battlefield and spots Alimov at the stairwell. With a muttering of a few dark-elven words, she casts a spell directed at the one that gave her the horrible scar under her eye.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alimov is targeted by a Command: Approach spell.
    Will Save DC: 14.
    If your save fails, you must spend your actions to approach Syree as directly as possible. She is currently 45 feet away, and the most direct route will grant four zombies attacks of opportunity, to include the one you are currently engaged with.

Meanwhile, one zombie searches through the eagle's nest for Emerald, but finds a small dragonling instead. Rossal panics and tries to escape, but the zombie pins him to the ground.

The dragonling ejects a small pincer from the very tip of his tail and stabs the zombies hand several times over the next two seconds. He is unsure whether or not the poison will affect the undead, but the attack should free him at least.

Sure enough, the zombie flinches away from the dragon, which Rossal takes the opportunity to leap on his opponent's shoulder and rip its throat out with his dozens of sharp teeth.

Rossal uses the falling momentum of the true-dead zombie to launch himself into the air and fly off to find a safer place to hide.

28. - Top - End - #358

BlueKnightGuy

The zombie's rotting claw slid off of Wallel's shield and seemed to have missed at first, but slashed his arm on its way by, leaving a long, shallow cut. Recoiling, Wallel felt a magical force drawing his attention. Looking past the zombie and across the battle, he saw Syree. At first he began to move forward towards her, but then shook his head and threw off the magical compulsion. In response to her gesture to approach, he held up his shield arm so she could see his hand and lifted the single central finger into the air, pointing up.

Focusing again on the zombie, Wallel aimed another slash of the Blood Dagger to its neck, hoping to get by and help the pinned Ariana.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+8)[15] (+7 if Emerald stopped playing)
    (1d4+4)[7] (+3 if Emerald stopped playing)

If Velka already destroyed that one with his Channel Energy, Wallel will move up and apply the same attack against the one grappling Ariana (which is at -2 AC due to grappling).

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus' whip wraps around Ariana's lower body, and as she tries to move away from the zombie attacking her, she falls on her back, unable to defend herself as the zombie grabs her. Instinctively she closes her eyes, and the thought, No...I'm going to die again... flow through her head. However, despite this, she steels her resolve and tries to shake off the zombie. If she succeeds, she tries to disrupt the fell energies animating the zombie with a ray of light emanating from her fingertip.

Show
    Escape the grapple! Escape Artist: (1d20+4)[11]

Disrupt Undead Roll: (1d20+5)[10]
    Damage (1d6)[2]

30. - Top - End - #360

Cadeyrn reached out and touched Alimov while saying the words "Protection From Evil!"

The sorcerer then calmly and purposely strode to the top of the stairs to get a better idea of what was going on.