New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XXXIII: The only winning move is not to play

Looks like even more Assassin's creed games will be coming out soon, so I decided to try again with the first game.

And I revised my first impression with the game.

Assassin's Creed may be the worst game I have ever played. Easily the worst game that I played the longest.

Now, I tend not to play bad games, not for as long as I played Assassin's Creed, so that might not be saying much. But now I have negative interest in playing the second game, let alone any other in the series.

Or any game ever published by Ubisoft. I'm done with Ubisoft.

To the two people who said that Assassin's Creed 2 was an improvement, well, it would have to be. They could have released a pet rock and it would have been more fun than Assassin's Creed one.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Looks like even more Assassin's creed games will be coming out soon, so I decided to try again with the first game.

Assassin's Creed may be the worst game I have ever played. Easily the worst game that I played the longest.

Now, I tend not to play bad games, not for as long as I played Assassin's Creed, so that might not be saying much. But now I have negative interest in playing the second game, let alone any other in the series.

To the two people who said that Assassin's Creed 2 was an improvement, well, it would have to be. They could have released a pet rock and it would have been more fun than Assassin's Creed one.
    I've always personally considered AC1 to be like a beta of the game. It wasn't quite complete yet, but I still had fun playing it and getting upgrades and what not. AC2 is much more complete, and Revelations is my absolute favorite.

Playing Pokemon Y:
    Safari: Charmeleon, Magmar, and Braixen
    DS Friend Code: 3668-7804-7430

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

You do realise that Assassin's Creed is now 7 years old and reviewing it by today's standards is somewhat unfair especially since its later iterations have had a notable influence on the entire genre.

AC2 is a massive improvement and to people new with the franchise, I would suggest starting there instead.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Assassin's Creed 2 wasn't only an improvement, it was... ok, I don't know how to express how much of an improvement it is. The difference is just too massive, like night and day.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

5. - Top - End - #815
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

So you won't ever play any other Ubisoft games--including really good stuff like Far Cry 3 and Driver: San Francisco--purely because they released one game you don't like? If that's the normal way you do things I'm amazed you're buying games from *any* publisher!

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I've been playing a lot more coop shooters recently. Been playing a lot of Borderlands 2 recently, just started my TVHM playthrough on Zero and I have a couple lower leveled characters. I have much more fun playing with other folks, so if anyone wants to join me add me on steam. I also play a lot of Payday 2, TF2, Fistful of Frags, Far Cry 3, and some CSGO and Dota 2.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ettin in the Playground

Exclamation Re: [Steam] Thread XXXIII: The only winning move is not to play

Anyone know if you can get a refund for money used to fill your steam wallet, but that hasn't been spent on anything yet?
    Last edited by Togath; 2014-08-03 at 11:40 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

8. - Top - End - #818
    Firbolg in the Playground

Assassins Creed 1 was pretty much a proof-of-concept and prototype. "Look, we have a game about assassins that features Parkour and Templars! Wait, we have to publish already? We only just started!"

Assassins Creed 2 took what was in Assassins Creed 1 was a simple formula (Get mission to assassinate dude just because your boss says so, do same few tasks until it allows you to kill him, kill him, run away) and turns it into an actual GAME and a FORMULA. So you're not getting missions to assassinate people just because your boss says so, there's an actual story behind it. You're not doing the same few tasks until it allows you to kill him, you're following the story. And the actual assassinations I think are better as well.

It also requires no knowledge whatsoever of what happens in Assassins Creed 1, as Desmond, the modern day character, monologues the plot of AC1 to you at the beginning of AC2. They knew that you should go straight to AC2.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

9. - Top - End - #819

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Anyone know if you can get a refund for money used to fill your steam wallet, but that hasn't been spent on anything yet?
    Like any pretty much any gift card or store credit purchase, no.

Funds added to the Steam Wallet are non-refundable and non-transferable. Steam Wallet funds do not constitute a personal property right, have no value outside Steam and can only be used to purchase Subscriptions and related content via Steam (including but not limited to games and other applications offered through the Steam Store, or in a Steam Subscription Marketplace). Steam Wallet funds have no cash value and are not exchangeable for cash.
    Linky.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ettin in the Playground

Darn...
    On the bright side I suppose, it is only 10$ more than I'd intended to transfer
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

11. - Top - End - #821

Darn...
    It does go both ways, though. I was once given an extra ~$7 by a 3rd party store selling steam credit vouchers. I informed them that this was more than I'd paid for, but they just shrugged and let me keep the extra because it was non-refundable.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ogre in the Playground

Darn...
    Just buy a whole bunch of emoticons to use in steam chat.
    Speaking of emoticons: (totally didn't make that comment just to trail into this)
    How do Emoticons get into circulation. I was explained some of the system. People put them up for an amount of money. Steam adds to that, the added money goes to them. But where do you get Emoticons to put on the store? How do they come into circulation?
    (Tell me if any of that is wrong)
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Just buy a whole bunch of emoticons to use in steam chat.
    Speaking of emoticons: (totally didn't make that comment just to trail into this)
    How do Emoticons get into circulation. I was explained some of the system. People put them up for an amount of money. Steam adds to that, the added money goes to them. But where do you get Emoticons to put on the store? How do they come into circulation?
    (Tell me if any of that is wrong)
    When you complete a card collection you get a background and emote based on that game.

Edit: Dyslexic fingers strike again.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2014-08-04 at 09:18 PM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ettin in the Playground

They come from badge crafting mainly.
    edit: ninjaed

also; are there any major sales coming up? Trying to decide whether to grab a game now(Morrowind, at 20$ currently), or wait a while longer.
    Last edited by Togath; 2014-08-04 at 11:20 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

15. - Top - End - #825
    Orc in the Playground

The next "planned" major sale is probably the Fall Sale in ~2 months. Other chances to get games for cheap (daily/weekly/weekend deals and publisher catalog sale events) aren't announced ahead of time and don't follow a set schedule.
    Tiamat avatar by Serpentine.

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lunix Vandal View Post
    The next "planned" major sale is probably the Fall Sale in ~2 months. Other chances to get games for cheap (daily/weekly/weekend deals and publisher catalog sale events) aren't announced ahead of time and don't follow a set schedule.
    The major sales were the main ones I was curious about
    Meow(Steam page)

17. - Top - End - #827

SwashbucklerGuy

Morrowind's one of those ones that always drops to 4-5 bucks around every big sale. If you don't mind waiting a month or two, hold off.
    Quote Originally Posted by FidgetySquirrel View Post
    ...if this keeps up for much longer, half of the playground will have Orcus-themed sigs, which is probably how Orcus can appear in so many places to begin with. NOOOO! STOP SIGGING ORCU- *killed by Orcus*
    My Steam profile!

18. - Top - End - #828
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

It's amazing that you can get Skyrim for only a little more than Morrowind, despite the difference in the age of the games--I wonder if that reflects the popularity of the latter title? I know a number of people reckon it's one of the best Elder Scrolls games.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

Just for fun... is there a list for people's Steam IDs?
    Couldn't find one.

I'm not really into multiplayer, but it could be fun to just see the activity. And gift some cards, since I never care for them...
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ettin in the Playground

There doesn't seem to be.
    We do have a steam groupthough.
    Meow(Steam page)

21. - Top - End - #831
    Dwarf in the Playground

I will join that today evening, in the hopes of getting someone that wants to play some CoH 2, or Orcs Must die 2, or any OTHER of the sixty bazillion Multiplayer games I own, with noone to play with.

I tried Windforge today on a friends account, and i'm still not sure if I like it. Flying around in your own Airship hunting whales, exploring islands and just genreally be a skypirate is cool. But it seems really unpolished and lacks a lot of stuff. It's really hard finding decent games on steam who are actually finished and provide entertainment beyond an hour or two. Half the time msot of the games featured on the front page are early access.
    FMA -Envy Avatar by Comissar!

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stuebi View Post
    I will join that today evening, in the hopes of getting someone that wants to play some CoH 2, or Orcs Must die 2, or any OTHER of the sixty bazillion Multiplayer games I own, with noone to play with.

I tried Windforge today on a friends account, and i'm still not sure if I like it. Flying around in your own Airship hunting whales, exploring islands and just genreally be a skypirate is cool. But it seems really unpolished and lacks a lot of stuff. It's really hard finding decent games on steam who are actually finished and provide entertainment beyond an hour or two. Half the time msot of the games featured on the front page are early access.

Asking here is also a good way to find people to play with you.

So I got the latest weekly humble bundle. https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

I am going to stream one of the games tonight. Which one should it be?
    Edit: I should add except Y's origin since I have played that some already.
    Last edited by Legoshrimp; 2014-08-08 at 11:46 AM.

23. - Top - End - #833

I wonder is there any one here who plays Terraria?

Playing Pokemon Y:
    Safari: Charmeleon, Magmar, and Braixen
    DS Friend Code: 3668-7804-7430

24. - Top - End - #834
    Titan in the Playground

anyone play pandora:first contact and have some advice? i keep lagging behind the computers.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tylorious View Post
    I wonder is there any one here who plays Terraria?
    I recently started a thread for it here.
    ithilanor on Steam.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

So, here's an issue I never expected: I'm missing at least one of the official maps in TF2, and I've got no clue how to force it to DL one of the maps that should be in there by default. It claims all files are validated, too, the damned liar.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    So, here's an issue I never expected: I'm missing at least one of the official maps in TF2, and I've got no clue how to force it to DL one of the maps that should be in there by default. It claims all files are validated, too, the damned liar.
    I don't play TF2, but... Uninstall completely and reinstall? Seems to be the obvius solution.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    And I say unto thee, Rise from the dead yon thread and shine once more!

Mostly because Payday: The Heist is going to be free for 24 hours on Oct. 18th as long as you joined the Steam group.
    Speaking of. Finally I can have a British accent again.

Really should look at playing as a group for some of the missions.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

So payday 2 is half off right now. I already have it, and plan to play it some more. So if anyone wants to play add me on steam (id:legoshrimp) I am going to pick up some of the dlc though. Will be 4 hours before I can play.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    So payday 2 is half off right now. I already have it, and plan to play it some more. So if anyone wants to play add me on steam (id:legoshrimp) I am going to pick up some of the dlc though. Will be 4 hours before I can play.
    request sent. i'll be home from work at about 19:00 BST (GMT+1)
    how much have you played it? any particularly favourite jobs?

also: 50% off the DLC... i'll have some gage weapons please!
    Last edited by Archonic Energy; 2014-08-14 at 10:07 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.