New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem Thread II: Stalwarts Unite!

So people have been analyzing the trailer and it seems very likely that Kamui will be the/a lord and/or the avatar as there's both female and male versions with different coloured hairs.

This could actually work better narrative wise as in Awakening the Avatar is a Mary Sue both narratively and stat wise (I hit level 20 on him in my latest lunatic run on chapter 3...yeah...)
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
    So people have been analyzing the trailer and it seems very likely that Kamui will be the/a lord and/or the avatar as there's both female and male versions with different coloured hairs.

This could actually work better narrative wise as in Awakening the Avatar is a Mary Sue both narratively and stat wise (I hit level 20 on him in my latest lunatic run on chapter 3...yeah...)
    It would be nice to be able to customize the Lord a bit.

I hope that if Gale Force is in the next game, it will have a wider distribution. There are many units that I permabench, since they don't have that skill. I'd even bench Chrom if it would let me.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

3. - Top - End - #483
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    It would be nice to be able to customize the Lord a bit.

I hope that if Gale Force is in the next game, it will have a wider distribution. There are many units that I permabench, since they don't have that skill. I'd even bench Chrom if it would let me.
    As good as it is, I'd prefer not seeing it. Between Galeforce, Limit Breaker, Edit: an attack move(luna, sol, aether, etc) and (if you're me) Armsthrift, there isn't much room for customization. Hell, I'd like to not see a return of Limit Breaker too.
    Last edited by ZeltArruin; 2015-01-22 at 01:26 PM.
    ~ZA

4. - Top - End - #484
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeltArruin View Post
    As good as it is, I'd prefer not seeing it. Between Galeforce, Limit Breaker, Edit: an attack move(luna, sol, aether, etc) and (if you're me) Armsthrift, there isn't much room for customization. Hell, I'd like to not see a return of Limit Breaker too.
    I wouldn't mind not having Galeforce and/or Limit Breaker not making a return. I just like having skills in a tier of their own having a wider distribution.

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

5. - Top - End - #485
    Orc in the Playground

I hope they expand on the asset/flaw system from Awakening. The only time it really felt like it made a difference was the beginning of the game. At around mid-game the choice just didn't seem meaningful. For example one avatar I had had an asset of luck and a flaw of health. Beginning of the game he was the epitome of glass cannon. Able to quickly unleash a good amount damage on any kind of foe, but not able to stand more than one or two hits. End game he became a perfect character able to dodge 99% of the time, reducing those last 1% of hits to 0 damage, and having health to match all but the meatiest of characters. I wouldn't have minded, but he also one-shotted everything except Grima.

From my understanding lord was always a class that meant different things per lord, so if your customizable character is a lord that's step in the right direction. I can't really think of how to expand meaningful mechanical customization at the moment, but I'm sure there are people on this forum far smarter and awake than I who could spout hypotheticals with me.
    Grand avatar by the grand Oneris.
    Spoiler: Awesome Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    Oh no! My evil plot to talk about elfgames and my having of an unacceptable opinion has been uncovered!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Play nice, boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    The Warden communicates through a complicated language of subtle body movements and flatulence. With a single flutter of their eyelashes and a well-timed fart, the Warden can recite a 16-stanza poem about nugs.
    Devout Omnian in the playground

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by StabbityRabbit View Post
    From my understanding lord was always a class that meant different things per lord, so if your customizable character is a lord that's step in the right direction.
    AFAIK, the Lord class has generally always been a more middle-of-the-road sword-wielder (not as fast as a Swordmaster, not as strong or tough as a Mercenary/Hero... or at least not a General, leaning towards a well-rounded and often highly lucky character), with the exceptions simply being notable exceptions (i.e. Hector and his axe, Ephriam and his lance, Ike being a Mercenary/Hero that promotes to Lord in PoR and trending towards overpowered death-god instead of simply well-rounded) or not of the "Lord" class but are the main characters anyway (Micaiah, Elincia, Gaiden's Arum and Cellica).

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    AFAIK, the Lord class has generally always been a more middle-of-the-road sword-wielder (not as fast as a Swordmaster, not as strong or tough as a Mercenary/Hero... or at least not a General, leaning towards a well-rounded and often highly lucky character), with the exceptions simply being notable exceptions (i.e. Hector and his axe, Ephriam and his lance, Ike being a Mercenary/Hero that promotes to Lord in PoR and trending towards overpowered death-god instead of simply well-rounded) or not of the "Lord" class but are the main characters anyway (Micaiah, Elincia, Gaiden's Arum and Cellica).
    Blue hair also seems to be a common feature among FE Lords.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

Dancer lords! I'm hoping for a dancer lord. Especially now that dancers can actually attack with swords.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    Dancer lords! I'm hoping for a dancer lord. Especially now that dancers can actually attack with swords.
    Being able to have Dancer/Bard for the Avatar would be nice if we have a separate Avatar, as well.

In general, I would like to see the Lord have a wider pool of classes to choose from along the lines of the Avatar. I hate to see the Lord being out-classed by over half the cast, especially when you're forced to bring them to every map. It need not even be available right off the bat, maybe towards the end of the game, or when the get a "promotion".

05107-66614
    62592-54117

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    I was quite amused when I looked at Ike being made into the "slow" FE character in Smash because I looked at my Ike and went "hmm, one of the only characters that double attacks everything he fights...yep, looks slow to me."

Edit: Also, I'd like an archer main character. Like, somebody that uses bows and swords from the start, instead of the mixed attacker being a random side class for knights usually.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2015-01-25 at 02:23 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I was quite amused when I looked at Ike being made into the "slow" FE character in Smash because I looked at my Ike and went "hmm, one of the only characters that double attacks everything he fights...yep, looks slow to me."

Edit: Also, I'd like an archer main character. Like, somebody that uses bows and swords from the start, instead of the mixed attacker being a random side class for knights usually.
    Thin Ike definitely doesn't look slow, but Steroid Ike looks like the lumbering hulk type.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I really hope we get more Dancers in general. I was rather disappointed that Olivia was the sole dancer in Awakening, especially since she can get Galeforce (and since she has a son, it's pretty much required). It was especially jarring that Inigo is unable to become a Dancer, despite his (barely) hidden talents in that area. It would have been kind of cool if he could unlock the class after he got to A support with Olivia and got over his shyness.

Basically, I love having a Dancer on my team but by the time I've taken Olivia through 10 levels of Dancer, 10 levels of Pegasus Knight, and then 15 levels of Dark Flier, I'm ready to put the kids into the line of fire and no longer have room for her.

I too would like Galeforce to receive a nerf (or just not come back). It's the one ability that felt utterly mandatory for every character that could possibly get it. Well, that and Aether, but that was heavily restricted to Lords anyway.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    I really hope we get more Dancers in general. I was rather disappointed that Olivia was the sole dancer in Awakening, especially since she can get Galeforce (and since she has a son, it's pretty much required). It was especially jarring that Inigo is unable to become a Dancer, despite his (barely) hidden talents in that area. It would have been kind of cool if he could unlock the class after he got to A support with Olivia and got over his shyness.

Basically, I love having a Dancer on my team but by the time I've taken Olivia through 10 levels of Dancer, 10 levels of Pegasus Knight, and then 15 levels of Dark Flier, I'm ready to put the kids into the line of fire and no longer have room for her.

I too would like Galeforce to receive a nerf (or just not come back). It's the one ability that felt utterly mandatory for every character that could possibly get it. Well, that and Aether, but that was heavily restricted to Lords anyway.
    As a rule the games only let you have one dancer at a time, to stop you from having two dancers dance each other to infinite xp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

@TamerBill: There is that one level in Thracia 776 that just throws roughly a boatload of dancers at you. They're all enemies, mind, but still...

Second: Does anyone know if Lucina can pass down Rightful King to Morgan? If so, I plan on abusing that to get a Morgan that will have a more or less 100 effective Luck stat.

Third: I am kinda bummed that there is no real pvp option for Awakening. Because I've thought of something that would make many people ragequit. Namely, Vaike-fathered Noire and her daughter Morgan as Brides equipped with Blessed lances, Blessed bows, and the skills, Armsthrift, Bond, Renewal, Limit breaker, and Hp+5 stand next to each other on a pair of fort. They also each used an Hp tonic before the battle as well. They regenrate up to 65 HP per turn, assuming they aren't killed.

Finally: anyone have any guesses as to what the giant Stone monster in FE 14's trailer was?
    Last edited by Laughing Dog; 2015-01-26 at 03:56 PM. Reason: typo
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

15. - Top - End - #495
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Dog View Post
    Second: Does anyone know if Lucina can pass down Rightful King to Morgan? If so, I plan on abusing that to get a Morgan that will have a more or less 100 effective Luck stat.
    She can't. Children of lords get Rightful King if male and Aether if female. Lucina!Morgan is a girl, so she gets Aether. If you want Rightful King on Morgan you have to marry Chrom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TamerBill View Post
    She can't. Children of lords get Rightful King if male and Aether if female. Lucina!Morgan is a girl, so she gets Aether. If you want Rightful King on Morgan you have to marry Chrom.
    You can also marry Chrom's male kids, although it won't get passed down automatically.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally: anyone have any guesses as to what the giant Stone monster in FE 14's trailer was?
    Giantdads from Dark Souls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    The Joker is supposed to be a nightmarish figure, the culmination of all things despicable and horrible about mankind. Of course he's a hipster.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

I figured that, but couldn't remember for certain. Looks like Brady!Morgan is marrying becoming a life companion with his aunt.

@GPuzzle: And in terms for someone who hasn't played Dark Souls?
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

A silly looking cheese build that combined a type of armor, helmet and ring to fast roll with high weight.

A quick google search should show you how do they look like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    The Joker is supposed to be a nightmarish figure, the culmination of all things despicable and horrible about mankind. Of course he's a hipster.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

I figured that, but couldn't remember for certain. Looks like Brady!Morgan is marrying becoming a life companion with his aunt.

@GPuzzle: And in terms for someone who hasn't played Dark Souls?
    I once married a Chrom!Inigo/MU morgan to Lucina....

Edit: IF you haven't already done so youtube FEA Personals...It contains some coarse language so I cannot link it here.
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2015-01-28 at 06:38 AM.
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
    I once married a Chrom!Inigo/MU morgan to Lucina....

Edit: IF you haven't already done so youtube FEA Personals...It contains some coarse language so I cannot link it here.
    At least inbreeding among royalty is historically accurate.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

22. - Top - End - #502
    Orc in the Playground

So the Lord of the Dance?

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

As a rule the games only let you have one dancer at a time, to stop you from having two dancers dance each other to infinite xp.
    It's taken me a few weeks to realize this, but the obvious solution to that problem is to not allow Dancers to recieve the benefits of Dance. The ability to make your best character move twice is still really powerful (see: Galeforce), but I can't see any problem with having 2-3 Dancers available in the game if the abuse scenarios are ruled out. Say, only one Dance per character per turn (so no Dance Dance GaleForce shenanigans), or even one extra turn per character (so you can Dance or Galeforce, but not both). Lore-wise, you could easily say that a Dancer isn't impressed by another's Dance in the same way that non-Dancer classes are.

I'll also second the Archer Lord.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Troll in the Playground

It seems that the new Fire Emblem is called Fire Emblem: If, which seems like a weird name and has dubious implications.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

25. - Top - End - #505
    Orc in the Playground

It seems that the new Fire Emblem is called Fire Emblem: If, which seems like a weird name and has dubious implications.
    I thought there was a Japanese hack named FE7if...

Also, hurrah for feet! It bugged me to no end when I first started playing Awakening...
    The New Soulknife Handbook!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    And there I was thinking that Midichlorian counts were a variety of force-sensitive hereditary noble- most notably Dooku.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Dwarf in the Playground

From what I've heard, the "If" is meant to invoke the idea of "what if?" From what little has been said so far, there's going to be more choices in this game, which could be really interesting. And they're most certainly going to localize it to something else, considering that the English trailer called it "the latest Fire Emblem."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Posted by Keld Denar
    What can I say? When life gives you lemons, you BLOW THOSE LEMONS TO BITS WITH YOUR LAZER BEAMS!
    Avatar by the wonderful A Rainy Knight.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    From what I've heard, the "If" is meant to invoke the idea of "what if?" From what little has been said so far, there's going to be more choices in this game, which could be really interesting. And they're most certainly going to localize it to something else, considering that the English trailer called it "the latest Fire Emblem."
    Well, we've had the Time Travel/Alternate Reality in Awakening, so it might be in that similar vein.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    Interestingly, the current Japanese title isn't, y'know, in Japanese for the "If" part. So it's probably designed to sound cool to the young Japanese player that doesn't really know a ton of English. Like how people in English-speaking countries get random 愛 or 強 clothing sometimes.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

In FE, why do bows follow the metallic "Iron, Steel, Silver" naming patterns when bows are usually made of wood?

05107-66614
    62592-54117

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ettin in the Playground

In FE, why do bows follow the metallic "Iron, Steel, Silver" naming patterns when bows are usually made of wood?
    I can only presume it's what the arrowheads are made out of.

No, I don't know why you can't shoot iron arrows out of a bronze bow.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.