New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Legendary Pokédex Completion: Let's Play Pokémon Storm Silver!

...While I won't say what my decision is re: glitches, I will say I've thought about how to handle it when my game does glitch. Because it's gonna happen, sooner or later.

Alright, it sounds like we're going with June, with a Chikorita. If I get bored with resetting until I get a female to name Belle, I'll probably name him Basil. But Belle's the clear winner, so I'll be trying for that.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

If it turns out to be a boy, I place 100% of my support behind the name Basil.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

If it's a male Chikorita, I heavily support the name Littlefoot.

Also, I support getting a Farfetch'd named Trobby. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

You made that post after I'd closed voting, but also after I'd actually written the entirety of the update.
    But I will note your stance on Farfetch'd's nickname. We're going to need a lot of nicknames.

Chapter 1
    Spoiler: The Entire Pokemon Center Regime
    Show

Ah, now I remember.

It's funny how this stuff gets misplaced in dreams, right? I mean, I could have said anything, even if it wasn't what my name was.
    ...Which I guess means I won't know if I guessed correctly until I wake up. Unless this dream will make what I say happen, in which case, I’m June now. Totes.

Aye-Aye, Captain!
    ...Wait, what exactly am I supposed to be ready for?

Look, I don't know what you know about me, but I'm pretty sure I'm not exactly the person you want for grand adventure.
    I mean...I'm pretty sure it'd just be best for everyone involved if I never left the house.

Well, OK...

I'm sure I will. That was the point of this dream.

...And I'll dutifully pretend this never happened, sir, just like this dream and a bunch of other stuff!

I-I'm normal...

The dream fogs over...

And I'm back in my room. All is as it should be, with reality largely intact. How refreshing.

Before I go anywhere today, I want to check my email...

Make sure I don't have any messages that need tending to. Who knows? Maybe something good happened while I was asleep?

...Or not. Well, that's not exactly a surprise.

W-well, that's certainly an e-mail written by Ethan. Though, actually, his Marill might have done the heavy lifting -- those words are correctly spelled, after all.

Mom gets up the moment I head down the stairs. Our place is kind of small, but it's just Mom and I. To be honest, I don't know anything about my father -- he's never been involved. I can't say we've missed him.

"What does he want to see me about? Am I in trouble or something?"
    "No, I don't think so, dear. Everything's fine, isn't it?"

I think so. Probably.

"...Yeah, I've heard that a lot lately."
    "Oh, from who?"
    "...No one."
    My mother crosses her arms and sighs. She waves a finger at me.
    "Honey, what's The Rule about...Oh, nevermind." This is the first time she has stopped in the middle of a Rule.
    The Rule is that I should not have conversations using completely sourceless information. Give or take -- the wording varies.

She just smiles sadly, and I feel worse than if she had trotted out the whole thing.
    Her arms unfold and she rummages in her purse.

Am...Am I going to be running somewhere? This is a little much for going next door.

This is getting very strange. What is a perfectly normal girl like me going to need a bike for a visit to her next-door neighbor?

May as well pack it. I don't want to cause any trouble by not being prepared for... "A tale of grand adventure," I guess.

Ooh, a gift?
    "I better go see!"

What sort of terrible person would refuse a present, over something like silly dreams that are certainly not some sort of omen, or general apprehension at the sudden disruption of an otherwise enforcedly routine life?
    The most terrible, and that is not me!

I step outside; it's later than I thought it should be, but...I am sure it is just my imagination. A cool wind is blowing out towards Kanto tonight...

And Ethan's Marill comes dashing into view, wearing an eager if furtive expression...

"Oof!"
    And rams right into my stomach, if only in accident.

"Sorry, girly." The marril shakes itself off.
    I do not respond, because nothing was said. I was just knocked dizzy.

Ethan descends a stairway, looking about eagerly. Oh, hide and seek, huh? It's not any good if no one's hiding in an inky black void, but oh well. I play normal hide-and-seek, when Ethan ropes me in his games. I've learned my lesson.

"Marril! I found you! Thanks for distracting Marill, June!" He waves at me as his Marill runs up to him, practically jumping for joy.

He runs off, with his pokemon at his heels.

"Evening!" I suppose.
    "I hear Professor Elm discovered some new pokemon."
    Huh...I wonder if that's what it's about?

...Uh... Is that guy just standing there, staring in the window, leaving nose-prints like a growlithe? Or a creepy stalker, planning on building some sort of love-and-or-hate shrine?
    Because, look, this is a quiet and peaceful place. We can't be having this sort of thing.
    ...But maybe he's just confused?

"...You could go in the door, you know. Like someone who is not a creepy stalker. They'll probably let you inside, they're cool like that."

"A guy hanging around like a creep." I am done being nice. "Isn't it obvious? There's no one else here to loo-"
    He grabbed my shoulder and pushed me out of the lane, ending with a flash of pain and a punch to the gut.

"Ow! What the heck was that?"

"...You stay out of this."
    ...Well, I!...I... I hope you get dropped into an endless existential wasteland like some vacuous pit next time, buddy!... No, not really. That's always pretty awful.
    Actually, I don't know what I'd wish. Maybe for some light maiming.

...I'll come up with something better next time.

You know, I don't see Ethan running around: did he go back to his house?
    ...I should probably check. He might have fallen in the water, or down a hole or something. Again.

He lives nearby, so checking his house isn't hard. His parents both turn to face me when I come in. After a second, they smile. They couldn't, if I asked them to, explain that second.

"He's having fun with his pokemon as usual."

He looks down, apologetically.
    "You don't have your own pokemon yet."

"Oh, no. Not hurt at all."
    It's for the best, honestly. Really.

Wait, you don't recall what your son has? He lives with...Wait.
    These are Ethan's parents. There is such a thing as expecting too much.
    "Yeah, but you don't see Azumarill out much..."
    I don't think Azumarill likes me.

Luckily, I didn't understand that at all!
    Sometimes it's like that...I guess because I've worked so hard not to listen.
    Uhh... Ignore that. It's not like I ever understand pokemon. I don't. That would be...Oh, You get the idea, right?

But it sure glares at me when I enter the room.

"Not yet."
    Ethan's my one and only friend. I wouldn't say we're close... I'm not sure we're on the same wavelength, in a lot of ways.
    He's not very bright, but he's a very nice person, and between those, he's managed to stick around me long enough.
    He might just be too oblivious to be concerned.

"I just wanted to say hi, I'll be off now."

...It's daytime when I step outside. It was night before. No more than a few minutes has passed.
    Well, no one else ever notices it when that happens -- it's probably not even Sunday anymore, and they'll just go on with...Tuesday, it feels like.
    It smells like a Tuesday.
    Anyway, no one notices when it happens, mostly...So it's best just to go along with it.
    Happy Tuesday Afternoon! I hope the day that it has been all day, and certainly not warped around me, is a good one!

On to the lab! I've kept him waiting for a few minutes or a number of days or both.
    "Hello!"

I'm not that easily confused, Mr. assistant. I know sometimes I'm not 100% on the mental mark, but...Seriously. Come on.

I approach the Professor.

Wow, what a warm reception!...Actually, it's a bit unnerving.
    "What's all this about, Professor?"

"...And?"

"Uh, how exactly...
    Honestly, I wouldn't be a-any help. Understanding how pokemon feel.
    Nope, no help at all. I don't know the first thing about how pokemon are feeling, not at all, please don't --"

A jingling sound interrupts me right before "strap me to a lab table and do science to me" or possibly "Tell my mom."

Saved by mail.

After a while, he turns back to me.

"Who finds all sorts of crazy stuff. He says he has something. But we're so busy with our research!"

"But...But...
    My mom says... Look, Professor, I'm not supposed to..." I tug at the ends of my hair. "There's a Rule about..."

He smiles kindly, and for a moment says nothing. Then he takes off his glasses, wipes them off, and says, simply,
    "Sometimes, the rules change. That's part of growing up. Your mother certainly doesn't mind your helping our tests."

...Really?
    Really?!

I get a pokemon, I get a pokemon, I get a pokemon!

Eeeee!
    (
    "You're sure this is OK, right? Positively?"
    "Absolutely."

I'm smiling like an idiot. But wow! My own pokemon! Even if it's just for an errand...Oh, that's it. It must just be for this errand. Has to be.
    I nearly got carried away.

Still, it's hard to contain my excitement as I pick...

Chikorita, I choose you!

As for a nickname... Well, she is a beauty, isn't she?

"Yup, from now on, I'll call you Belle!"
    "...Y...You're picking me? You’re sure? No take-backsies, right? R-right... Ok...Finally, a chance to stop sitting around!"

...I'm not going to acknowledge that.
    I'm doing so well lately.

"There's no need to go into your pokeball, if you don't want to."
    I tell her, instead. She follows after me, looking like someone is about to jump out and say "nah, it's a prank."
    ...That's how I feel, too.

"No, not bad at all!" As long as I do not hear what should not be heard.

"If your pokemon gets hurt..."

"It's so easy to use. Just check the PC on my desk!"
    I feel like the entire pokecenter regime has just been undermined.

"His house is past Cherrgrove City. Go north a little past Cherrygrove."

...No one's ever...really counted on me before...

I am going to that house, no matter what! You'll see!

"Let's go, Belle!"

"...There's something... Um... Kind of odd about this human. Maybe it'll be exciting? Yeah, it'll make it exciting!"

...How encouraging. Even my pokemon things I'm strange.
    ...Actually, it is a little strange. I'm not normally very good at reading the feelings of pokemon I've just met, and understanding their speech. Like I said -- I've been doing so much better.

Well, moving on!

I get a little info about Belle from the Professor. I'm not really good at judging a pokemon, but her best will probably be pretty good!

Anyway, time to go.

Oh, yay. Gifts!

"I-I won't!"
    I won’t let Belle down, either.
    I am being counted on!

I walk outside and see Ethan and Marill playing.

They both look surprised to see me walking with a pokemon, I guess.

"That I did. This is Belle. Belle, this is Ethan and his Marill."
    "Hi, Marill! If our people are friends, that means you and I'll be seeing each other! And Hi to your person, too...Well, I guess.”

"What a wise gentleman."
    ...You're the first person to ever say that. I mean, you didn't say that.
    No one said anything.

...I wonder why Ethan's not being used for these experiments. He knows it better...
    "You should turn around and talk to it sometimes, too."
    "Talk? I have no idea what you're talking about, Imeanthat'sjustsillyEthanIcannotandhaveneverbeenab letototalk --"

...He wasn't even listening. I just nod weakly, out of breath.

"See ya!"

Marill stops by Belle.
    "Good luck! She's nice, but... "
    "But?"
    "Get used to strange feelings."

And they walked off.
    "Get used to... Um, we're not...going to have any problems, are we?"

I hope not, but...I can't answer that. I didn't hear it. I just pat her on her leaf.

I head home in silence. I guess now I'll see what Mom really thinks about --

"Professor Elm must have given it to you?"
    ...III guess it's OK.
    "Yeah, to help with his research and go run a little errand a town and a half or so over."

"What kind of task?"
    "I'm picking up something from a friend of his, he lives past Cherrygrove."

"But when someone makes that kind of request of you, it must be important!"
    "I'll do my best! Belle, you have to work hard, too."
    "I can't do anything if I don't go all out. This is...A brand new start."
    I won't let him down. Won't let him down.

"Your Pokegear came back from the repair shop! Here you go! The Pokemon Gear, or Pokegear, as it's often called, is what every trainer should have."
    Trainer.

Trainer...
    Train...er...

A problem has been detected, and your mind has been shut down to prevent damage to your brain.
    If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your brain.

"A phone call, too. Do you remember how?"
    My mother talks about phones while I stand there.
    I nod.

"Just select one to give him or her a call."
    ...Mom, you're the only number in my phone.

"Well, I'm off?"
    "Go get 'em, dear."

And so I leave New Bark Town...

Or I would, if I wasn't stopped.

"Here, I'll give you my number."

This is the second number in my registry! Ha! I'm out of the 'only one phone number' club! That's twice the amount!

"Alright. Shall we be off, Belle?"

"Yeah! (Here goes everything.)"

Walking in tall grass with a pokemon...Who would have thought?

Of course, that just invites trouble.

"Oh, my. Well, let's handle this."
    "Oh, gosh. Oh gosh. She's looking this way. H-hey, you! Help me look good! I can't afford to fail!"

She revs up for her first attack...

And comes through with flying colors.
    "...Did I...Did I just do that? I mean, of course I did that! You were watching, right, Trainer June?"
    "I was. Now, Tackle again!"

"...Wait, what was that first part?"
    Oops.

I say nothing and try to keep my cool.

It's not long before we're attacked again.

Belle's really very lucky with her attacks. I wonder if that's a sort of alignment-of-the-universe thing, or what?

A new technique and our first level... Maybe we'll be seeing more critical hits from here.

[color=green]"Time to take this for a test run!"

Not bad at all.

Owww.
    After a few turns, you can really see it: that damage is starting to collect... Poor Belle. I have a potion, though, so we can pull through.

"Here. Now we can keep going."
    "T-thanks. I was, totally, um, good to keep going. Just so you know."
    ...I'm sure you were, I do not say. Because I did not hear this.
    I feel like my attempts to stabilize myself have gotten increasingly feeble.

"Ah! Bird! Bird! Run, hide, it's a bird!" She cowers behind my leg.
    "...It's just a pidgey. We can do this."

"See, it's not so bad."

In the end, Belle's luck pulls through.
    “Excellent work!”

And she gains another level for her courage.

"There, now we just heal."
    "...I actually did that. Ha. Ha. Of course I did, yeah! Ha-ha! There’s nothing to fear when you’re with me, trainer-girl!”
    She laughs, at first nervously, and then with an expansive grin.

We heal up before moving on.

We fight another Pidgey, with better success...

You did not used to see so many different types of pokemon. I guess my prophetic dream was right; things have changed.

"Curse you, luck! How dare you turn against us!"

"Make up your mind, universe."

Sentrets these days sure pack...A punch."
    I groan involuntarily.
    "...What are you groaning at?"

"Oh, look, a level!"
    "That's dodging -- hey, you're dodging my questions!"

I'm not listening la-la-la-la...
    I finally have something to do, I'm not going to screw it up by being me. You start with just talking to pokemon, and soon all of reality is an empty and meaningless void, only more so than usual.

I am going to Cherrygrove.

I am being ambushed by strange men.

"I suppose..." Unless showing me around is code for some sort of kidnapping, or possible use in some sort of underground cult.
    "Hey, were you dodging my questions on purpose, or not?"

I...I know what a pokemon center is.
    I've been alive for 15 years. I guess. I don't remember all of it, and some of it's been repeated, and not all of it was entirely congruent, as days became other days.

But there's enough time for me to learn about pokecenters.

"For catching wild pokemon and other useful items."
    I have also had time to learn about stores.

"If you go a little farther, you'll see Mr. Pokemon's House."
    "Our destination!" And not something understood by 3-year olds.
    "Look, I know you might not want to get into it with your fellow weirdo bipeds around, but I need answers! Just... Blink if you're following this, OK?"
    ...How...How long am I going to have to not blink?

Somewhere, beyond the sea....Somewhere, waiting for me...
    The elder one sleeps, forgotten and yet never truly gone.
    That's how the song goes, right?
    "Some pokemon are found only in water."
    "....How have you not blinked in, like, a full minute? That's...Both clearly deliberate, and kind of creepy."
    If you're going to figure it out, I might as well blink.

Wooh, fishing! Today's been full of gifts!
    Of course, today is the second greatest gift of all, superseded by tomorrow, due to its scarcity.

"Alright, let's go to the pokemon center and heal up!"

"We restore your tired pokemon to full health. Would you like to rest your Pokemon?"
    "Yep!"

Doo-doo-doodoodoo.

"Please, come back again any time!"
    Their old slogan used to sound so threatening. I don't like this one as much.

Well, let's head out and look at the town some more!
    But then I step outside...

...And something twists and snaps in the world.

Words fail to describe the sensation, my body twisted into something beyond sense and reason, approaching something far beyond the edge of light into the darkness that has always waited, really. A sort of anti-being, opposed in all things. Reality has forgotten my face, and assembled things at random to be "me."
    I always think it's kind of comfy, but that might just be me. People don’t seem to like it.

"Aaaah! Aaah! What the sweet merciful Arceus! AAAaaaaaaaa!"
    "Nothing happened to you this time; what's with all the screaming?"
    "Don't be so calm! Your-your-your-everything! That's what's 'with all the screaming'!" She says, in-between screams.
    "I'm OK! I can fix this! Er, well. It'll be fixed! Reality just exploded for a second, that's all!"

She pauses to consider this. And then continues screaming.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it'll be Ok, really! This is all my fault this always happens I'm sorryyyy!"
    I reach out to pet her leaf with a broken-looking appendage I am pretty sure is my hand. She shivers like she's been touched by ice.

"Hey, wait... I was right! You can understand me!" The epiphany wipes away the fear, just for a moment.

...I guess I can't be normal after all.

Next time, we'll probably get to the point where we get an eevee. Nicknames, please, and while it won't come up right then, start thinking about an evolution choice. All evolutions will be possible within the next town. Movesets for all of the evolutions have been changed, but rather than post the whole chart, just ask if you want to know if such-and-such has been altered, or if they learn so-and-so. I'll head a common one off at the pass: Flareon does learn Flare Blitz.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    I always think it's kind of comfy, but that might just be me.
    Brilliant.

I have no votes to offer this time, but I really like where this is going.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

So that's two in a row trying very hard to not be crazy. This one in more of a distorting-reality sense than a hearing-things one (though she's also hearing things).

Do we share the same reading material?

EDIT: Any idea what it assembles the glitched sprite out of?
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2014-04-24 at 02:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #37
    Colossus in the Playground

In before, is actually Dexoys.

Voting for Eevee to evolve into Espeon. It's name shall be Sabrina
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Banned

Bookmarked, subbed, etc.

I vote Glaceon, nicknamed Liang. Because bad Chinese puns are always the way to go.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Flareon, because it's poofy and will probably be very surprised shortly.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Flareon, because it's poofy and will probably be very surprised shortly.
    The false prophet cannot be brought here! Long live Helix! ;)

I cast my support for Espeon, a psychic type is always nice.
    Illven, we must go more meta, name vote Araki, plus thats gender neutral to ease resets.
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -A.C. Clarke

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

But Psychic typing SUUUUUUUUUUCKSSSSS, I cast my vote for an Umbreon named Karen (if female) or Sidney (if male).
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    But Psychic typing SUUUUUUUUUUCKSSSSS, I cast my vote for an Umbreon named Karen (if female) or Sidney (if male).
    They are a bit of a glass cannon, but used effectively can augment, or carry, a team. Umbreon was my second choice.
    Last edited by Javan; 2014-04-24 at 05:15 PM.
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -A.C. Clarke

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Eh I still prefer Dark types.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

I vote Flareon, because Flareon is adorable.

EDIT: Also because the poor thing needs some good press after the TPP event.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2014-04-24 at 05:46 PM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

My vote is for Stevie (it's unisex!) the Eevee who turns into an Espeon. Mostly because Magic Bounce is amazing, even though this one won't get Magic Bounce. It's just that good.
    Apparently, I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level): Strength 13; Dexterity 14; Constitution 12; Intelligence 17; Wisdom 16; Charisma 13. I'm down with that.

My Paper Master build: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72568

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

I will say, first, that Espeon is boss (in a personal opinion way). Also, while it does not get Magic Bounce, it does at least get Magic Guard, as does Umbreon.

So that's two in a row trying very hard to not be crazy. This one in more of a distorting-reality sense than a hearing-things one (though she's also hearing things).

Do we share the same reading material?

EDIT: Any idea what it assembles the glitched sprite out of?
    I'm not sure what the first of the two in a row is, unless you mean Seed from my last LP. Or what reading material you might mean. Though I will say that she's not trying hard to not be crazy; she's trying hard to be normal. She doesn't think she's crazy at all.

Also, this time, it looks like it assembles it from a corrupted version of the sprite sheet for whatever it's supposed to be. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    In before, is actually Dexoys.

Voting for Eevee to evolve into Espeon. It's name shall be Sabrina
    Don't be silly. We have to catch Deoxys.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

An Umbreon named Luna.

18. - Top - End - #48

I will say, first, that Espeon is boss (in a personal opinion way). Also, while it does not get Magic Bounce, it does at least get Magic Guard, as does Umbreon.

I'm not sure what the first of the two in a row is, unless you mean Seed from my last LP. Or what reading material you might mean. Though I will say that she's not trying hard to not be crazy; she's trying hard to be normal. She doesn't think she's crazy at all.

Also, this time, it looks like it assembles it from a corrupted version of the sprite sheet for whatever it's supposed to be. Maybe.

Don't be silly. We have to catch Deoxys.
    Espeon is best eon. Followed by Vaporeon.

I kinda assumed Seed was who they meant. Seed was not the most stable of people.

Why would June catch herself.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, I meant Seed. Reading material - I've been reading a serial called City of Angles (no typo) lately that's got some similarities in parts to June's particular flavor of odd. Enough parts that I felt it was worth asking if it was coincidence or inspiration, though not enough that I'd call it a rip-off, of course.

Spoiler: Example quotes:
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Early scene
    A gentle rapping. Light, like someone’s knuckles hesitating mid-knock, before resuming. Trying to be polite, trying not to disrupt the gentleman who lived here.

And more knocking. More knuckles. Three hands worth, which implied more than one person.

Then one hundred knuckles total. Still gentle, still polite, but far too many of them going simultaneously to sound polite. Dozens of people knocking on your door at once, which meant a feat like packing in a clown car, given Dave lived at the end of a narrow hallway…
    Quote Originally Posted by Later in same scene
    The other doorknob had begun to rattle. Because his door now had two doorknobs.

It was periwinkle blue, made of that fake crystal glass you’d find on doorknobs at grandma’s house. The second knob had appeared slightly above and to the left of the original, and just below a third knob, which was stainless steel. Briefly his eyes hurt, and then there were six doorknobs. All of them different, all of them rattling…
    Quote Originally Posted by Monologue in book two
    Ride still needed. Ride unavailable. What to do, what to do. Maybe not so easy to do, breaking the law, breaking the law… steal a car. Hijack a cab. Hack the bus transit routes online and change them. Find a map that shortcuts through the Sideways. Wear black pajamas and hang-glide into the zone from a nearby hill, ninja-style. Spontaneously develop teleportation powers. What to do what to do what to do—
    (context: Character monologuing needs to get somewhere out-of-the-way and quarantined; and thus won't be able to get a cab)
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

CLOSED - Flareon, Professor
    Last updated with Starbuck_II's Vote

Umbreon 3
    Luna 5
    Karen 1 (Female)
    Sidney 1 (Male)
    Shadow 1 (Male)
    Second-Choice-Votes 4 (3 Flareon, 1 Espeon)

Espeon 3
    Stevie 1 (Apparently Gender Neutral)
    Araki 0 (I switched my name vote)
    Sabrina 3
    Ra 1

Flareon 7
    Akuma 1 (Male)
    Emily 1 (Female)
    Deme's Choice 1
    Professor 2
    Helix 1

Glaceon 2
    Liang 1
    Loki 1 (Male)
    Elsa 1 (Female)
    Gloria 1

Leafeon 0
    Puck 1 (Male)
    Titania 1 (Female)

Jolteon 0
    Xeno 1 (Male)
    Electra 1 (Female)

Vaporeon 0
    Ariel 1 (Male)(The Tempest)
    Tiamat 1 (Female)(Ancient Babylonian goddess)
    Last edited by Javan; 2014-05-04 at 04:37 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Umbreon sounds good to me. Luna is a nice name.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hmm, I'd like to go for Flareon, but with Umbreon as a second choice and Luna as her name either way if Umbreon wins. Flareon name would be Deme's choice
    This Minase Iori avatar is a masterwork by Qwernt

DS Friend Code for Pokemon Trades and such. 1549 7971 5718

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

I suppose I'll vote for an Umbreon, and since Luna is a very nice name, I'll vote for it too. If, however, it turns out to be a boy, I vote for the name Shadow.

If it's an Espeon, I vote for the name Sabrina for a girl, and Ra for a boy (Espeon is associated with the sun, so I consider a sun god to be appropriate)

If a Flareon wins, I vote it be named Emily for a girl, or Akuma for a boy.

If Glaceon has a surge of votes, Loki for a boy, Elsa for a girl.

Poor Leafeon, Jolteon and Vaporeon. So neglected. :( I will vote for their names, just in case a miracle happen.

Leafeon
    Boy: Puck
    Girl: Titania

Jolteon:
    Boy: Xeno
    Girl: Electra (Sorry)

Vaporeon:
    Boy: Ariel (The Tempest, thank you very much)
    Girl: Tiamat (The ancient Babalonian goddess, thank you very much)
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, I meant Seed. Reading material - I've been reading a serial called City of Angles (no typo) lately that's got some similarities in parts to June's particular flavor of odd. Enough parts that I felt it was worth asking if it was coincidence or inspiration, though not enough that I'd call it a rip-off, of course.
    I've never so much as heard of it, so it's not really an influence. My writing for LPs is always pretty referential, for humor or for nerdy jokes or the like, and her inner monologue does have some strong influences in particular, but that's not one of them. Keep guessing!
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

25. - Top - End - #55

I've never so much as heard of it, so it's not really an influence. My writing for LPs is always pretty referential, for humor or for nerdy jokes or the like, and her inner monologue does have some strong influences in particular, but that's not one of them. Keep guessing!
    What kind of media do you like?

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trobby View Post
    I suppose I'll vote for an Umbreon, and since Luna is a very nice name, I'll vote for it too. If, however, it turns out to be a boy, I vote for the name Shadow.
    BETRAYAL!

Umbreon is cool though, she's my second vote, behind fluffiest eeveelution (Flareon). If Umbreon wins, I vote for a girl named Princess Luna.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    BETRAYAL!

Umbreon is cool though, she's my second vote, behind fluffiest eeveelution (Flareon). If Umbreon wins, I vote for a girl named Princess Luna.
    Well....

Okay. Mox Nix to me. ;p

Switch my top 2 vote. Flareon first, then Umbreon.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trobby View Post
    Well....

Okay. Mox Nix to me. ;p

Switch my top 2 vote. Flareon first, then Umbreon.
    Flareon loves you forever. <3 *hugs*
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am going to toss in the nickname Professor for Flareon.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

A new Deme LP? I'm on board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.