New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    Yeah...but were you really ninja'd if it took you 20 minutes to post?
    Shush.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Better than Half Tangible Ninjas... Or worse, Half tangible wombat ninjas of doom...
    Ninjas made of nether? THAT'D BE AWESoh lord you're right that's horrifying
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

Why isn't this played more often?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Why isn't this played more often?

Believe me, it's played plenty often.

You just live in Cold-But-Sometimes-Not-Strange-European-World.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

News to the world: curling up with a purring cat is awesome

My cats do not enjoy curling. too cold.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2014-05-30 at 02:14 PM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    News to the world: curling up with a purring cat is awesome

My cats do not enjoy curling. too cold.
    Awwwwww. Do want.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    It's my [REDACTED]th birthday in less than a week!
    Funny you mention that, it's my [REDACTED]th birthday in exactly [REDACTED] days from now! I'll celebrate by throwing a [REDACTED]-themed party.

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Also, the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga is actually really good. I recommend it.
    Forgive me if I have my doubts.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post
    Forgive me if I have my doubts.
    Yugi regularly drives people who mess with him and his friends into full-blown insanity. There is a scene where a man is set on fire. Yugi plays a solitaire-esque card game against a guy who's blowing up part of a ferris wheel every time yugi shows a card.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-05-30 at 05:49 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

You want random banter? I'LL GIVE YOU RANDOM BANTER!

What is a food that someone can eat without ever worrying about getting sick from it? Something that doesn't have too strong a flavor and doesn't sit heavily in one's stomach. A completely uniform texture would probably help. One way this theoretical food isn't limited is that it can be something that needs a lot of preparation/skill/exotic or expensive ingredients, but that isn't necessarily a requirement either. This is for some character questionnaire that I'm doing. If nobody can give a good answer here, can I get a redirect to a thread that could help, like one on cooking or character-writing?

Thank you everyone! I'm glad I have a place where I can ask a question that I know wouldn't fit anywhere else.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post

What is a food that someone can eat without ever worrying about getting sick from it? Something that doesn't have too strong a flavor and doesn't sit heavily in one's stomach. A completely uniform texture would probably help. One way this theoretical food isn't limited is that it can be something that needs a lot of preparation/skill/exotic or expensive ingredients, but that isn't necessarily a requirement either. This is for some character questionnaire that I'm doing. If nobody can give a good answer here, can I get a redirect to a thread that could help, like one on cooking or character-writing?

Thank you everyone! I'm glad I have a place where I can ask a question that I know wouldn't fit anywhere else.
    White rice?
    Show
    You're my favorite.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    White rice?
    Good suggestion! Any others?

12. - Top - End - #132
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

You want discussion?

I want Random Banter!

YOU CAN'T HANDLE RANDOM BANTER!

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Good suggestion! Any others?
    Brown rice?

White bread that you get at the store?

Tortillas?
    Show
    You're my favorite.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Apples or apple sauce.

Really, what you're looking for here is your basic BRAT diet.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Wooh! I got a new fan for my computer! It is working beautifully now. Unfortunately the muscle memory from my mothers computer is still going strong.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

16. - Top - End - #136

I have almond milk for my tea. I tried to cook with it too. The flavor was good but almond milk never turns into sauce even when it is boiled for a long time. I decided that it was not sauce and that it was soup.

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter_d View Post
    Funny you mention that, it's my [REDACTED]th birthday in exactly [REDACTED] days from now! I'll celebrate by throwing a [REDACTED]-themed party.
    It will be a wonderful party. Except that everyone who went to it had a blackout and cannot remember anything?

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Yugi regularly drives people who mess with him and his friends into full-blown insanity. There is a scene where a man is set on fire. Yugi plays a solitaire-esque card game against a guy who's blowing up part of a ferris wheel every time yugi shows a card.
    Oh. I wondered why it was popular. Revenge anime. That explains it.

Tofu.
    Quinoa?
    Milk!

You can get sick from cold cooked rice. It is not common but it is there. But for a game nobody will care that much I think.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

17. - Top - End - #137
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    Oh. I wondered why it was popular. Revenge anime. That explains it.
    No, that's not what it is at all.

Yugioh, Season Zero arc, is about a boy who solves a magic puzzle that curses him with a presumably evil spirit that occasionally takes over when he gets into "games", games that are usually life or death. When he wins, the evil spirit gives a karmic punishment to the evil people who cause it, but as time goes he slowly gets less and less evil, as he bonds more with Yugi (our hero) and his friends.

The Duelist arc two very long arcs involving the game Duel Monsters, in real life it's called Yugioh, after the manga, and is about the evil spirit learning he's an egyptian pharoah god king, and the puzzle is one in a set of items similiar to it (we encountered two of them in season zero)

Finally, Millenium World has us explore the spirit's past, and learn what his purpose here in life is and how to pass on to the afterlife he deserves.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    You want discussion?

I want Random Banter!

YOU CAN'T HANDLE RANDOM BANTER!
    Everybody. Everybody look! The Moderator encouraged typing in all caps. You all saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    Apples or apple sauce.

Really, what you're looking for here is your basic BRAT diet.
    This is good. Especially the apple bit. Thanks, I think this will work.

Tofu.
    Quinoa?
    Milk!

You can get sick from cold cooked rice. It is not common but it is there. But for a game nobody will care that much I think.
    I actually considered milk to be potentially 'sickening' what with the gallon challenge and lactose intolerance existing. But I never knew of this 'quinoa' before. thanks for introducing me...

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Wooh! I got a new fan for my computer! It is working beautifully now. Unfortunately the muscle memory from my mothers computer is still going strong.
    And you now have a new fan of your new fan! Good jorb!

19. - Top - End - #139

Everybody. Everybody look! The Moderator encouraged typing in all caps. You all saw it.
    CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL. 'Tis true.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow. Just wow. This game is going perfectly for me in Civ. I'm well ahead of the pack technologically. I have a strong army (I could overpower 2/3 of my neighbors, and I've evenly matched with the 3rd). I'm dominating culturally so far. I managed to enhance my religion and get a Reformation belief before a second religion was even founded, so I'll probably get World Religion. I'm generating the most food, production, and gold per turn. I've wrecked the world economy, once again, being the only civ on the continent making money at one point. And I'm about to backstab a civ I've never trusted that much and take their CAPITAL, while they're busy fighting a war to the south.

What's annoying with that. Last thread I used small caps one time, speaking like DEATH from Discworld. Except to do so, I had to type in all caps and just put the rest in [SIZE=1] tags. Only afterward did I remember the need for lowercase whitetext.
    Last edited by Razanir; 2014-05-30 at 08:33 PM.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

21. - Top - End - #141

Wow. Just wow. This game is going perfectly for me in Civ. I'm well ahead of the pack technologically. I have a strong army (I could overpower 2/3 of my neighbors, and I've evenly matched with the 3rd). I'm dominating culturally so far. I managed to enhance my religion and get a Reformation belief before a second religion was even founded, so I'll probably get World Religion. I'm generating the most food, production, and gold per turn. I've wrecked the world economy, once again, being the only civ on the continent making money at one point. And I'm about to backstab a civ I've never trusted that much and take their CAPITAL, while they're busy fighting a war to the south.
    I love that you put capital in capitals.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I love that you put capital in capitals.
    That would be what happens when I forget about the existence of italics.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

23. - Top - End - #143

It will be a wonderful party. Except that everyone who went to it had a blackout and cannot remember anything?
    Oh man, that party last night was so insane...I can't remember anything...either I got really drunk, or my memory's been REDACTED somehow...

24. - Top - End - #144

So my double bass arrived today.

Gotta say it's looking pretty sharp. Because I'm such a pathetic dork I decided to give it a nickname, just an informal thing. I'm not going to have it pressed or carved or anything. Ollie is the name I chose, it's what my recently deceased dog was called. Wonderful little symmetry that his replacement is in the background of that second photo.

Also if this photo doesn't demonstrate what a big mother****er I am nothing will. Look at that thing next to the chair and the table and the pooch. Then look at it next to me. That's all 6 feet and 10 inches of pure, unfiltered Crunk. I don't have many photos of myself so I don't often get to admire my height.

25. - Top - End - #145

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post
    So my double bass arrived today.

Gotta say it's looking pretty sharp. Because I'm such a pathetic dork I decided to give it a nickname, just an informal thing. I'm not going to have it pressed or carved or anything. Ollie is the name I chose, it's what my recently deceased dog was called. Wonderful little symmetry that his replacement is in the background of that second photo.

Also if this photo doesn't demonstrate what a big mother****er I am nothing will. Look at that thing next to the chair and the table and the pooch. Then look at it next to me. That's all 6 feet and 10 inches of pure, unfiltered Crunk. I don't have many photos of myself so I don't often get to admire my height.
    I clicked the links before reading the description, and I thought that was just a regular bass. You are, in fact, a very large man. Also, I like those candlesticks and am wondering if those floors are real marble.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    I clicked the links before reading the description, and I thought that was just a regular bass. You are, in fact, a very large man. Also, I like those candlesticks and am wondering if those floors are real marble.
    I don't fit in regulation sized public transport seats, just as an example. Also, I'm not entirely sure what that tile is. I know it's not marble, but whatever it was was expensive. My favourite thing in that room (dog, bass and Crunk aside) is the tapestry, though. I love a good tapestry, though we have gone a bit overboard with how many we have in the house.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Hey everyone. What's up? :D

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Shardok View Post
    Hey everyone. What's up? :D
    nothing but the ceiling
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

*looks up*

You know, the sky looks pretty up too.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

30. - Top - End - #150

If you were on the opposite side of the world than* you are now, then the same portion of the sky that would be up from where you are now would be down.

*I'm cringing at this grammar that may or may not be correct, but either way sounds absolutely horrible.