New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Naruto d20 (Team B)

With an air of resolute resignation to them, the two Genin begin to gather up Gin and Sammu before their stopped by a yell. Onu, looking solemn, waves for the two of them to stop before approaching quietly.

"Hold on you two...I'll give you a ride in my wagon. No reason to make this harder on you two then this will already be." He says before leaving them for a moment. It didn't take long for Onu to bring his wagon around with a sorry looking horse hitched up to it, and for the two to load up Gin and Sammu into the back. There Mitsuhide draped a blanket over the wolf and did his best to make the unconscious Sammu comfortable before signaling to Onu.

It didn't take them very long to travel from the farm to the beaten up looking hospital. Even less to have Sammu admitted for a check up, mostly to see if Gin might have accidentally damaged him, but the nurse assured them that if there was any change in his condition, she would contact their Jounin immiedetely.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto d20 (Team B)

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori nods to the nurse and turns to face Mitsuhide.

"Mitsuhide-san, I don't know about you but i'd rather get it over and done with... Eh, shall we go and find Taka-sensei?"

(OOC: Is Onu still outside with his wagon or are we walking?)
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Naruto of the Stick: (Various artists)

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"... You're right. Let's go."

Mitsuhide thanks the nurse, and turns to leave.

((ooc: we've still got a big, dead wolf to lug around, so I'd hope so.))

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Naruto d20 (Team B)

((Aye, he still be out there.))

Onu had waited patiently for the two of them to come back out of the hospital, keeping his cart were the two had gotten out. Now that the injured Sammu had been removed from the cart, its only cargo was the two genin an the deceased Gin. It took a little bit longer then they had expected to get back (For Kaori anyway) to Taka's apartment, since it seemed as if Onu didn't quite know the way but they still made good time in getting there.

"This is were I leave you boys, I don't want to stick around for what might happen next." The farmer said solemnly, clambering down and helping the two unload the wolf before climbing back up. Soon the clatter of the wheels on the pavement faded and the two were left alone. The both of them took their time in carrying the furry bundle into the building, going to the very same apartment that one of them had broken into earlier that day. Before they could knock though, they paused. On the other side of the door Mitsuhide and Kaori could hear two loud feminine voices screaming at each other back and forth before a door slammed shut with a loud bang.

Again the two genin looked at each other nervously before Kaori raised a hand up and knocked softly on the door, it was midnight afterall, and stepped back and together so that their bodies blocked the view of Gin. When the door was yanked open, the both of them could see a disorganized and messy living room lite up by strategically placed lamps and an irate (had they even seen any other kind of Taka?) jounin standing in the doorway. She looked more disheveled then she had when meeting them in the morning, several strands of hair drifting in front of her face and no longer in her ninja uniform. Clutched in one hand was a scroll (That struck a very poigant cord in Kaori's mind) that she held unto tightly. When she spoke, her voice was raspy and soft.

"Your late. I said to be completed by 12:00 pm and its now...12:20. Were is Gin, what went wrong, and weres that boy with the attitude?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Making double effort to avoid looking at the scroll, Kaori is forced to half-heartedly look Taka in the eye.

"You see... Taka-sensei..."

Kaori looks at his feet and breathes heavily.

"We found Gin, it was quite an ordeal, right? I'm sorry we couldn't bring him back..."

The genin raises a forearm to his face and swipes across his eyes, concealed by the boys lowered head.
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide looks at Taka, forcing himself to look her in the eyes. He sighs deeply.

"Something happened. Gin... fought as hard as he could."

As if to emphasize the genin's point, the wound on his leg reopens and drips fresh blood on the floor.

"He pushed past his limits, and now... he's not coming back. I'm sorry..."

He bows deeply, lowering his head and bearing his neck. It isn't something a swordsman is supposed to do, but if she wants to take advantage of the
    opening, what right did he have to deny her?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Team B

"You should both know by now that I do not appreciate jests, quips, jokes, or jibes. Now quit fooling around and tell me what really happened, sometime tonight too. If you didn't manage to capture him, just tell me, I said this was a measuring stick of your abilities not pass or die sort of affair."

Taka replied dryly, one eyebrow raising up into the air at what she had just been told. It was very plain that she didn't even consider the fact that they might have been able to do what they had told her they had done. Weary lines should on her face as she leaned against the door jamb and let out a long slow sigh.

"But if you want to tell stories, I'll humor you. Lets say my Gin did fight his hardest...so why aren't your eardrums bleeding? I see no claw scratches or other signs of the techniques I taught him. Perhaps you got him confused with some other animal?"

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori looks up from his arm and brushes back his hair with one hand.

"I hope so, sensei. Eh, you'll need to see him yourself and be the judge..."
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Team B

One could pratically see the moment when Taka seemed to catch hint that, just maybe, something was wrong here. Almost right after her entire body tensed up and she pushed herself off of the door jamb to stand solidly in the doorway.

"What have you two done? Wheres Gin and Sammu?" She says tersely as her eyes harden and begin to switch back and forth between the two of them. As if trying to pierce into their minds with sheer willpower alone as the paper of the scroll crackled as her grip tightened.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"...Sammu-san is in the hospital. Gin is..."

Mitsuhide moves slightly so that Taka can see the body of the wolf. His eyes sink to the floor, where his heart has been the entire time.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Team B

There was a single heart-wrenching moment as Taka's eyes drifted to what Mitsuhide's very body had concealed and froze. Time seemed to stop as the Jounin's eyes widened and she pushed forward, brushing Kaori out of her way as if he was a mere leaf and moved to Gin's side.

"GIN! Gin! C'mon boy wake up...wake up Gin! You can't be dead....WAKE UP GIN!" Taka cried out as she shook the body of the big wolf hard, trying to get a reaction from him that would never come. Tears began to trickle down her cheeks as words failed her, laying her head down on his side as the tough-hearted Jounin cried. "He..he can't...oh god....why?! Why did you kill him?!" she managed to squeeze out.

"Mom? Whats going...?" The words coming from inside of the apartment complex faltered as the familiar face of Motoko came to the doorway and looked out at the scene in the hallway, an act that was repeated by a couple other curious neighbors before they hurriedly shut the door.

"Motoko get...call...." Taka stopped in the middle of her sentence for a fresh batch of tears, probably in the middle of a futile call for a medical nin. Motoko had a shell-shocked look on her face as one hand came up to cover a gasp of surprise at the scene

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Taka and Motoko's reactions were too much for Mitsuhide. He wanted to be calm and composed, he wanted to speak warmly; the way he remembered his father being. What he was instead was a kid - a frightened and sorrowful boy. Hot, stinging tears work their way slowly down his cheeks. He keeps his head lowered as he speaks:

"This is... my fault. I should have tried harder. I should have been willing to accept my own defeat... instead, I... Gin was so strong. He didn't fall... even when his body reached his limit. And... even then, I couldn't see it! He couldn't avoid the last attack. He didn't... even try.

I am... unworthy of forgiveness. But... this is my fault. I'm..."

The final word catches in his throat. Guilt weighs his apology down, and 'Sorry' stabs like a knife into the back of his tongue. To see his eyes, it is as plain as day. But in the face of his sensei's grief, he cannot utter so trite an apology.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori straightens his mask and brushes down his clothes, listening to Mitsuhide. He shakes his head and sighs.

"No."

Turning to face Mitsuhide, he lifts the swordsmans face with his hand gently.

"It isn't your fault. We're shinobi of our village had been tasked with a mission and we have completed that mission. Death is life for us, but as upsetting as it may be... it's our job."
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Team B

"Your...job? Thats how you explain this...this murder? As your job?" Came the soft and tear wracked voice from the jounin on the ground. But it was different then when she had been calling for help that wouldn't help. The tone was softer...deadlier, and when it happened there was barely even a blur to see. She was simply there. One hand entangled in Kaori's clothing to slam him into the wall of the hallway, her tear streaked face not even an inch from his own."YOUR JOB WAS TO DETAIN AND SUBDUE! NOT KILL! IF I EVER HEAR SUCH HEARTLESS TALK SQUIRM OUT PAST YOUR LIPS THEN I WILL REDEFINE YOUR LIFE AS LIVING AGONY! WHEN YOU FINALLY CROSS OVER, YOU'LL BE LUCKY IF THERE IS SO MUCH AS AN INCH OF UNTOUCHED FLESH! YOU'LL WISH YOU'D NEVER COME TO THIS VILLAGE! AM I UNDERSTOOD TRAITOR?!"

The words were hissed out from between clenched teeth and the collasped fuma shuriken was held in her free hand. Motoko was looking on with a frightened expression on her face, but it wasn't keeping her from edging towards her mother slowly and cautiously, going pale in the face as she did...

15. - Top - End - #135
    Bugbear in the Playground

Black Haired Boy

About three doors down on the opposite side of the hall, a short boy sticks his head out the door. Although everyone is focused on the dead dog in the middle of the hall, it could be seen by his unwrinkled red pajama's that as ready as he had been at midnight to be asleep, he had never actually seen his bed. In his hand, a 'Sci-Tech' Magazine hangs loosely open on an article about the definition of efficiency.

At first, the shouting had caught his attention. While it was not quite enough to merit peaking into the hall, it had alerted him enough to hear the subsequent cries of 'Wake up!' Such a cry did not typically mean that he, a genin, should be sitting around.

However, the scene was not quite the one he had expected. The fact that all present at the unmoving Gin were crying had thrown off the momentum he had gathered in heading to the door. Anxiously, he fingers the Shuriken behind the magazine as the situation unfolds.

A silent meep passes his throat as Ms. Okabashi forced the unsuspecting kid against the wall. At this point he would normally think to help the individual and help settle the problem, but Ms. Okabashi was not the type of person you interfere with. Aside from that, she did seem to propose quite a sane request in light of her anger.

Regretfully (or fearfully), he sets to wait again and observe the reactions of the two at fault.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Hanging like a ragdoll pinned to the wall, Kaori looks coldly at his jounin. This would ordinarily been when the genin would offer up a witty retort, but the situation didn't seem right for it.

"I am not a traitor. Eh, you wouldn't understand sensei."
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

The young swordsman watches Taka pin Kaori with an intense look of sadness on his face. What can he say? What should he do? Surely something... he looks at Motoko for a moment, unable to look her in the eyes for long. He reaches out to Taka, almost but not quite touching her.

"Sensei... please. Tell me... what can I do? I... I can't fix this, but... isn't there something I can do? For you? For Gin? What should I do?"

His voice doesn't waiver. But while even, it is filled with an intense sadness... the pain that comes with the slaying of a comrade. So much the worse when his blood is on one's own hands...

But more than an expression of sadness, it is also one of empathy. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Mitsuhide hopes he can calm Taka down enough to save Kaori a beating he doesn't deserve.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Team B

Motoko looked alarmed when Mitsuhide spoke up about making amends for the fallen Gin and shook her head frantically when Taka wasn't looking to try and dissuade him. It was too late though and the Jounin's gaze swiveled over to look at the swordsman with that teary eyed glare.

For a long couple of minutes, she stared at the swordsman before her hand lowered and dropped Kaori down to the ground. Resolutely wiping her eyes and wiping the expression of pain from face before speaking again. "You...you can leave..go home. The test...the test is over. Go home. Review the mission in your head...think about..what you could have done better or worse. We'll meet again tomorrow...I understand you...Mitsuhide..that you have a duel arranged with my daughter? We'll meet there...Leave....NOW.." She said stiffly before going over to the body and bending down over it. With a grunt of effort she pulled Gin up in both of her arms and slowly moving back into the apartment.

Motoko stood outside after her mother had left, watching silently as the door closed before looking over at the two genin still in the hall with her. "He going to be okay?" She asked softly, looking at the saddened Mitsuhide then to Kaori.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide takes a deep, sighing breath before turning to Motoko.

"He should be."

He pauses, and looks at Kaori for a moment before returning his gaze to Motoko. The feeling that he should ask her something nags at him inside his mind. To ask her something... and also to apologize. But instead of either, his voice softly speaks to her of the day to come, and the match that comes with it:

"Our match tomorrow... what rules and weapons do you want to use?"

The question! Ask the question! He has to know, but his body won't cooperate, too afraid of the answer...

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Team B

At first, after Mitsuhide asked his question, Motoko looked almost insulted that he'd even ask her a question like that at such a time but the emotion proved fleeting. Instead she gave an abrupt nod. "Fight to the other submits or falls unconscious...any weapon. Are these terms acceptable to you?" The swordswoman asks formally, folding her arms over top of her kitty shirt a grave look in her eyes.

"You know...after an incident like this...I won't be allowed to take it easy on you. She'll make me try my hardest to win.."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"I understand. Fight however you have to; I've no right to complain..."

The young swordsman looks at Motoko a moment longer. He shakes his head. Courage, man, courage! Ask:

"Only... can I ask you something? Do you hate me for this?"

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Team B

Motoko shook her head and moved as if reenter the apartment before she paused. Looking back over her shoulder to the distraught Mitsuhide, she shook her head and gave a sad smile. "...No...Gin was a pet to me...a lovable and overprotective pet but still a pet. You did what needed to in my eyes...But you should worry more about my mother, Gin was the last thing my father left her before he passed away. ...And they were special...y'know? My mother is...was a moujou aishou and Gin was as much her kid as I am..probably more so actually."

The girl turned around and took a long hard look at the boy before stepping closer. Suddenly she leaned in to give the boy a comforting...hug? Holding unto him briefly and giving him a reassuring pat on the back, Mitsuhide couldn't help but notice the fact she smelled of cherry blossoms, before breaking away and wiping some spare moisture from her eyes. "So no, I don't hate you. And despite what my mother says, don't think so much on this. Go home and get some sleep, you'll feel better in the morning."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Bugbear in the Playground

Black Haired Boy

The boy in pajama's strides up to the three in the hallway. As Motoko finishes speaking, he cannot contain a small smile. "It's good to see you forgive him so quickly, Motoko."

As quickly as he smiles, he says to Motoko in a soft and serious voice, "We should do something about Gin before long.
    I don't know what you're mother intends to do with him, but I'm reasonably certain the Landlord wouldn't approve of it being done in the building."
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2007-04-20 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Simu-ninja!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

"Mitsuhide-san, it's been a long night. Go home and rest up, i'm going to check into hospital but don't worry about tomorrow. I'll be there to see that you win that match, right?"

Not waiting for a response, Kaori turns and walks down the corridor zombified.

(OOC: By the way, Taka took Gin into the apartment, so he isn't in the hall anymore...)
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide is caught off guard by Motoko's embrace. But also, he feels a profound sense of relief. When she first tells him to get some rest, the boy simply nods. Then, the corners of his mouth turn upwards in the slightest traces of a smile. A sad, weary smile, but a smile nonetheless.

"Thank you... and don't forget to get some rest yourself. I'll see you tomorrow..."

With a bow to Motoko, and a nod to the boy he's never seen before (mostly because it would be impolite not to acknowledge his presence), Mitsuhide turns around and slowly walks back home, limping more than slightly thanks to his leg wound...

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Team 4

"I wouldn't be worrying about me Mitsuhide...I'm not the one whos going to be losing tomorrow." The girl said lightly before retreating back into the apartment without sparing Kaori or her neighbor a glance. Not that it was anything different from the norm, neither Taka or Motoko socialized with their neighbors unless they absolutely had too or had something to ask about.

The night passed uneventfully for all involved, in their respective places. Mitsuhide had to indulge his parents when they decided to mother him upon seeing his injuries, getting his leg swaddled up with bandages and some foul medicine being poured down his throat. Morning seemed to come too swiftly for the swordsman but he couldn't quite ignore the deed he was committed to this day. A duel with Motoko with Taka watching on...would the Jounin be alright after the events of yesterday or might the duel take on a more frantic note? Not to mention his opponent Motoko, just how good was she really...and how hard was she going to fight back? These questions and more filled the genin's mind as he found the note attached to his mailbox.

Mitsuhide,

Congratulations on passing the test that I put forth for you and your comrades. You've met my expectations and now officially part of Team 4. Despite this happy news, do not forgot the engagement that you have with my daughter this afternoon. Remember to be prompt and on your guard.

-Taka-sensei

-----------------------------

For Kaori it was more that nauseatingly clean smell of the hospital that kept him company through out the night instead of any real company. Nurses and doctors didn't quite count. But by the time it came to head out to the duel (if he decides to go) the doctor had cleared his bill of health but sternly reminded him that he shouldn't over extend himself today. And to report back to the hospital once the duel was over to finish his treatment.

Much like his team mate, Kaori found a note waiting for him at the front desk as he prepares to leave for Onu's farm...

Kaori

You've made the cut. Welcome to Team 4. Be at the farm.

-Taka sensei

----------------------------

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide knows he should be feeling a lot of things. He should be nervous, and upset, and tired, and hurt (and this one, he is), but really, all he can feel is confusion. Why does this note sound so cheerful? What in the world is going on?

With these thoughts in his mind, and apprehension in his soul, he walks slowly toward the farm. He still walks with a limp, but the night was good to his injuries. Thanks to his mother's coddling, the wounds are almost healed, and the limp is much slighter than it was before.

One foot in front of the other. Deep breaths to calm himself. Everything would work out. Even though his injuries are enough that a win against Motoko will be difficult, it does not seem the utter impossibility it did when he went to sleep. He couldn't help being a little excited, actually.

The farm is in sight. What's going on? He'll know soon enough...

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

After leaving the hospital, Kaori stretches. His body was stiff from the neck down and was very pleased that he wasn't the one fighting this morning.

Nevertheless, he was going to be involved. His team was already whittled down to two genin over the course of one night, he didn't need it dropping down to one the next morning... if only because he didn't want to be alone with Taka.

Shuffling to the farm, Kaori arrives some time after Mitsuhide.

"Mitsuhide-san... good morning, I suppose."

Going up to the porch of Onu's place, he grabs his sash that he had discarded the night before and chucks it over his shoulders like a scarf.

"If you want, I can help? I know your sort don't generally like help, think it's dishonourable or something, but we're a team and teamwork is important."
    Last edited by PokeTheBard; 2007-04-22 at 04:05 AM.
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"Good morning, Kaori-san."

Mitsuhide seems a bit preoccupied, having no idea what to expect today, and still by no means ready to forget the events of the previous night. He glances over at his teammate.

"You're right, teamwork is important. Except, this fight isn't something that involves our team. This is a test of skill between two members of rival schools of swordsmanship... it's not the kind of battle you could join. However, I am injured, and I do not know the extent of Motoko-dono's skill. If I should find that I am unable to walk after this, I would ask that you help me then..."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

With a frown, Kaori nods to his team-mate.

"It's a promise. But it won't come to that, yeah?"

Massaging and moving his aching arms, Kaori stretches his tight muscles and tendons. Hopefully, his preparations could resume tomorrow.

"Eh, Mitsuhide-san? Good luck."
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show