New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Girl Genius XVII: And Then He Had Pie

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbey View Post
    Why should it be setting off warning lights? How much time has Agatha spent in the presence of the Baron? Pretty much none, actually. There was the scene in Beetle's lab, and maybe the scene where Punch and Judy ran into the Baron.
    But she does know how Gil stands. And at some point she's going to put it all together though she may not know it's the Baron, he would be the most likely candidate.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Barbarian in the Playground

Uh oh.

I hope Humongulous is OK.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Troll in the Playground

These two are SO impressive! I wonder if there's any way they can be friends, and maybe avoid killing each other...

I also wonder what just happened. Did they just transfer ALL the robot minds in the area into whatever they were trying for, along with (maybe) Brother Ulm's?

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Seems much more like an EMP to me.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    These two are SO impressive! I wonder if there's any way they can be friends, and maybe avoid killing each other...

I also wonder what just happened. Did they just transfer ALL the robot minds in the area into whatever they were trying for, along with (maybe) Brother Ulm's?
    Yes to the first, no to the second.

They'll be Best Friends.

And also try to kill each other.

Also, maybe they tried to make a Sentient Brother Ulm Train?
    Last edited by BRC; 2015-04-15 at 09:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

6. - Top - End - #1296

You know, looking over the newest comic the beastie in the second panel looks like Tybalt. So depending on how much he heard, Martillus is going to get a lot more ammo against the empire.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Egneil View Post
    You know, looking over the newest comic the beastie in the second panel looks like Tybalt. So depending on how much he heard, Martillus is going to get a lot more ammo against the empire.
    That assumes any of it gets to Martellus intact. We have seen that Tybalt is not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer...

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    That assumes any of it gets to Martellus intact. We have seen that Tybalt is not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer...
    My impression is that when it comes to sharp knives vs dull knives in the drawer, Tybalt loses out to some of the spoons.
    ~Xel

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Troll in the Playground

He's going to get information. Given the level of awareness Bang and Zeetha have been exhibiting, and Violetta's normal cunning, if they didn't want Tweedle to have that information he wouldn't be getting it.

If Seffie's observant he may already know most of it; ie, Gil's under some form of mind control and not at his best. That Bang, Agatha, and Zeetha also know it, don't like it, and want something done about it, IS new... also that Bang is more formidable than she appears, and Zeetha can match her.

And of course we can set off an infinite regression loop by noting that Martellus will realize they wanted him to have that information, and they'd know he'd realize that, and he'd realize THEY would realize that, etc, etc, etc.

10. - Top - End - #1300

Not really.

"One of my minions swears he overheard one of the Lady Heterodyne's minions tell one of the Baron's minions that the Lady Heterodyne suspected the Baron was subject to some type of mind control, and furthermore, the Baron's minion said blahblahblah" isn't all that useful as ammunition in a PR battle. That it happens to be true makes it neither more nor less valuable or believable than if it were a lie.

It is certainly possible to think of scenarios where that knowledge would be valuable to Martellus (if nothing else, in personal dealings with Gil and Agatha it might be a useful wedge), but there is no obvious way to exploit it against the empire. In war, truth is the first casualty.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverance View Post
    Not really.

"One of my minions swears he overheard one of the Lady Heterodyne's minions tell one of the Baron's minions that the Lady Heterodyne suspected the Baron was subject to some type of mind control, and furthermore, the Baron's minion said blahblahblah" isn't all that useful as ammunition in a PR battle. That it happens to be true makes it neither more nor less valuable or believable than if it were a lie.

It is certainly possible to think of scenarios where that knowledge would be valuable to Martellus (if nothing else, in personal dealings with Gil and Agatha it might be a useful wedge), but there is no obvious way to exploit it against the empire. In war, truth is the first casualty.
    I would be surprised if Egneil meant that Martellus would find the information useful in a PR sense.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Halfling in the Playground

Wow, this was an unexpected twist. Very quick thinking by Violetta, not quick enough unfortunately.
    Alas, Agatha didn't think that the EMP
    Spoiler
    Show
    would affect her necklace too.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Troll in the Playground

Oh snap!
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

14. - Top - End - #1304

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock View Post
    Wow, this was an unexpected twist. Very quick thinking by Violetta, not quick enough unfortunately.
    Alas, Agatha didn't think that the EMP
    Spoiler
    Show
    would affect her necklace too.

I wonder about that as well.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

OK, so we have one of our occasional "Agatha is a total idiot and didn't think through the consequences of her actions" things, do we? I suppose she has to show occasional weaknesses or she'd be a total Mary Sue, but this seems to be taking it a bit far.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

I must say my first reaction to this update was: Seriously?

Spoiler
    Show
    Finally they have a chance talking/figure something out, and then Lucrezia steps in. Really?
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

17. - Top - End - #1307

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    I would be surprised if Egneil meant that Martellus would find the information useful in a PR sense.
    Then I'd love to know what how he thought it would "provide lots of ammo against the empire". What, exactly, did he think Martellus could use this information to provide him with, that would grant him a significant advantage against the empire?

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
    I must say my first reaction to this update was: Seriously?

Spoiler
    Show
    Finally they have a chance talking/figure something out, and then Lucrezia steps in. Really?
    Yeah I kinda looked forward to them talking a bit more.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    Oh snap!
    This to the tenth power.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lucy is out and she KNOWS it's Klaus running Gil at the moment. And you can BET Klaus is going to figure out it's Lucy REAL fast. On the odd side though, Klaus was being rather protective of Agatha. Maybe being around her a little while changed his attitude a little?

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    This to the tenth power.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lucy is out and she KNOWS it's Klaus running Gil at the moment. And you can BET Klaus is going to figure out it's Lucy REAL fast. On the odd side though, Klaus was being rather protective of Agatha. Maybe being around her a little while changed his attitude a little?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Didnt Lucy and Klaus have a fling? between that and the possible hormones going with Gil and Agatha, I think Klaus and Lucy trying to kill each other is the best possible outcome for everyone involved, if it goes the other way it could beat out Luke and Leia as the most awkward moment ever.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Didnt Lucy and Klaus have a fling? between that and the possible hormones going with Gil and Agatha, I think Klaus and Lucy trying to kill each other is the best possible outcome for everyone involved, if it goes the other way it could beat out Luke and Leia as the most awkward moment ever.
    Awkward? Definitely. But it might turn out to be the shock that breaks the evil mind-control! It's foreshadowed, even.
    Truth resists simplicity.

22. - Top - End - #1312

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverance View Post
    Then I'd love to know what how he thought it would "provide lots of ammo against the empire". What, exactly, did he think Martellus could use this information to provide him with, that would grant him a significant advantage against the empire?
    Honestly I just meant that Martellus seems like the type to work that information to his advantage. Although you did bring up some good points about how the information would be limited in use, which is likely the reasons they wouldn't mind Tybolt being around to hear it. Mainly I was thinking about it in terms of getting the masses to support him over asking the empire for help, or if he's really good making those who already support the empire question it.

Really I just thought it was strange that they'd talk about that sort of thing with an enemies minion around, just seems like a bad thing really.
    Last edited by Egneil; 2015-04-17 at 08:51 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Troll in the Playground

Ohdearohdearohdear. So many possibilities. So few of them good.

You'd think Agatha would have foreseen this, when she considered the shock would knock out secondary mechanisms. Maybe Lucrezia was clouding her mind. We don't know how much Lu is aware of, when she's not in control.

You'd also think Lucrezia would have sense enough, the moment she manifests, to grab the locket and rip it off, these days. But then Lu doesn't have much sense. Brilliance, evil, and charm, but common sense, no.

So let's see. Martellus may - mistakenly - think Lu would make a better consort than Agatha. Klaus may react violently; but he should be restrained by the realization that 'Anevka' is the real danger here, assuming she still exists. And if Klaus brings Lu up to date as to what the current situation is regarding the Other - I suspect an unholy alliance between Anevka and Pinky, with the former unaware the latter ISN'T really a Lucrezia - she AND we may get a jolt.

I would also expect Zeetha will be coming along as fast as she can move to knock Agatha out. Unless Lu managed, in the few seconds she was unobserved, to construct a Deadman's switch, this may be a short conversation.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess it's the kind of thing that if it's not bothering you for a while you forget it's even there.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

My initial reaction was, "You fejjing idiots".

My second reaction was, "Well, maybe Agatha didn't know about this side effect."

But upon rereading the 'we expected this' bit it makes me wonder if Agatha did this intentionally. Maybe to see if it would effect Glaus? Maybe to test what sort of thing (mechanical or biological) is affecting Gil? Perhaps she figured that her being surrounded with her allies, she could be taken down rather quickly.

This would be underestimating her mother, of course. But no one ever said Sparks always think through their plans.

As for other comments, are we sure that this version of Lucrezia knows that Klaus is living in Gil's head? I wouldn't think so given how things shook out. Also, it appears from Gil's lack of reaction that Klaus is in complete control right now (which was pretty obvious, but this shows Gil hasn't wrestled things back at yet). It'll be interesting to see HIS reaction to the mind-controlled Agatha and the present parallel.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2015-04-17 at 12:07 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

"So much to talk about, darling." Makes it fairly clear to me that Lu knows Klaus is in there.

Honestly I have been half expecting the two implanted personalities to "meet" at some point. But not so early and not in such an uncontrolled fashion.

And I just got a BAD though. Tweedle could well get enough info to break Gil's control of the Empire. That means everyone may be one the run soon.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    "So much to talk about, darling." Makes it fairly clear to me that Lu knows Klaus is in there.
    I dunno. It seems like one of her go-to words. But if she does know, HOW does she know? Agatha might have deduced from Gil's actions that Klaus is somehow influencing Gil (patterns of movements/actions, whatever). But how would Lucrezia know this? Is she aware of what is going on while she isn't in control? I don't recall that being the case (though with such a long running comic, it's very possible I've forgotten this being addressed).
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    I dunno. It seems like one of her go-to words. But if she does know, HOW does she know? Agatha might have deduced from Gil's actions that Klaus is somehow influencing Gil (patterns of movements/actions, whatever). But how would Lucrezia know this? Is she aware of what is going on while she isn't in control? I don't recall that being the case (though with such a long running comic, it's very possible I've forgotten this being addressed).
    Given how smoothly Lucy slides into control, it's fairly safe to assume that she either is constantly aware (but powerless) and thus has had all the time in the world to watch Gil, or that she has access to Agatha's thought processes as they were the second of the switch. Either way, she doesn't just pop in with no clue where she is or what she's doing, not the way Agatha does at times.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Awkward? Definitely. But it might turn out to be the shock that breaks the evil mind-control! It's foreshadowed, even.
    You know, everything considered it might have only been a week or so, subjectively for Agatha, since that conversation was had...
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Given how smoothly Lucy slides into control, it's fairly safe to assume that she either is constantly aware (but powerless) and thus has had all the time in the world to watch Gil, or that she has access to Agatha's thought processes as they were the second of the switch. Either way, she doesn't just pop in with no clue where she is or what she's doing, not the way Agatha does at times.
    She does, in fact. On the other hand, she was aware that Agatha knew where to look for her lab and had intuited the principles of her work, so she does seem to have at least some awareness of what's going on when she's not in control.

I wouldn't take the "darling" here to mean anything about that, though. She uses it when talking to herself in the hospital* and in her lab's self-destruct mechanism ("Shouldn't have snooped, darlings, but it's too late now!" and "Self-destruct cancelled, darlings! Maybe next time!"), and I'm pretty sure she also used it with Tarvek and/or the geisters a few times during the Sturmhalten sequence (not 100% sure as she sometimes switches to "dear"/"dearie" instead). It's just one of her mannerisms, and its use here is likely meant to reinforce that she's taken control. Take away the "darling" and change Agatha's expression a bit in the final panel, and it'd be pretty easy to miss what was going on.

* Technically this was Zola, but it counts because she was impersonating Lucrezia at that point.
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 2015-04-17 at 05:16 PM.
    Avatar by Tom Siddell, author and artist of Gunnerkrigg Court.