New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: League of legends LXI: Demaglia!

It's...Certainly something, I must say. Not sure whether I like it or not, though. The Vayne one is great, though.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I can never seem to make Vayne work on TT. I tend to farm well and get to a point where I can 1v1 someone, but it's always impossible to hold that. Either your guy leaves and the other lane can't hold while you farm, or you go to follow and end up fighting 2+ people in the jungle and dying.
    Should be grouping up, doing 3-man pushes and such or trying to force 1v1s. Remember, Vayne has a massive powerspike at BoRK so you just want to capitalize on that.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    It's...Certainly something, I must say. Not sure whether I like it or not, though. The Vayne one is great, though.
    My only gripe with it is that it looks cooler than her in game model.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    My only gripe with it is that it looks cooler than her in game model.
    Yeah. I think that's what got me. The old model had better mental synchronicity between the splash and the model. It'll just take some getting use to, I think. Which reminds me, I need to play more Shyvvy.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    New Shyvanna and Vayne splashes!

Spoiler: Shyvanna
    Show

Spoiler: Vayne
    Show

Also the splash for FB Veigar and Yas skins.

That Shyv splash tho...
    Vayne looks pretty good.

Shyvana .... I'm finding it hard to describe. It just looks.... OFF. Something is really off but I'm finding it hard to describe.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

It's the combination of the wings in the background and her skin looking patterned. It might also be the fact that her hands are on fire, but that I'm less sure on.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Re: Shyvana splash

The image has many cool parts, but they don't seem to be in focus, something in the composition seems to draw my attention away from the cool parts.

weird. The hands and flames are cool. The arms guide the eye towards the head. The face and the metal armor are both eye-catching and would be nice, but the helmet and the shoulderpiece then guide the eye down to the chest armor, which has arrows pointing down to her stomatch, which has tattoo-arrows pointing down to where her crotch is hidden in the shadows.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm pretty sure the arrows on her stomach are supposed to be 'scales'/'plating', not tattoos.

The hands are cool, but the rest doesn't work for me at all - which means the whole image doesn't. I think they tried to make her seem somewhat 'inhuman' to emphasize the dragon half of half-dragon, but it just doesn't work. The headdress is WAY too big, the chest armor just looks awkward, the random pig tails don't fit with the rest of it... I mean, there are a couple of really cool individual elements, but they just don't go well together

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

I like it. ^.^

I'll have to fit Base Shyvana into my skin rotation (of ALL of the skins >.>) more.

The Vayne one is ridiculously cool also.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2014-08-22 at 01:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

I like it, and think that the 'wow awesome' is a problem because it means more Shyvana players.

*sadface*
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Did I miss something? Did any pro-player suddenly started playing Volibear support? Seriously there has been a vol support in my last 5 games.... it is getting extremely frustrating.
    Volibear's on free rotation right now, which inevitably leads to seeing more of him. Seeing Volibear support five times in a row though - especially when Karma and Soraka are also on free rotation -well, all I can think of is that you broke a LOT of mirrors while walking under ladders with black cats going in front of you
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Show

First thought that popped into my head:

I'm Commander Shyvanna, and this is my favourite Rift on the Citadel.

Also, Volibear support is pretty legit. Soraka is boring, especially now after nerfs, so no-one wants to play her. Karma, I don't know. I honestly don't see her much.. I guess she doesn't have the OP factor Morgana has, or the "OMG KILLS" supports like Leona, Thresh and Blitz have, so she's usually only played support as a counterpick. I honestly see her mid more than support. But still, I'd have bought a lottery ticket if I got 5 support Volibears in a row.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maquise View Post
    Anytime someone tries to bring real-world physics into a RWBY discussion, Blake kills them in self defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastoulio
    VERILY, TOP LANE SHALL BE GUARDED BY A VALIANT KNIGHT,
    YEA, MIDDLE LANE SHALL BE OCCUPIED BY A WIZARD,
    I SAY UNTO THEE, A TEAM SHALL HAVE ONE WOODSMAN TO PATROL THE FOREST,
    FINALLY, AN ARCHER OF PENULTIMATE SKILL SHALL GO TO THE BOTTOM LANE, ACCOMPANIED ONLY BY HIS SQUIRE

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Support gnar is the way forward. :)

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Karma and Soraka are also on free rotation
    Soraka is 450 IP, so pretty much anyone has her anyway, and she is not a popular support anymore because she's basic and boring, plus her playmaking ability is pretty small, you can only do reactionary play by heal-baiting and well-timed silences. Karma used to be more popular as support but now isn't for some reason; I think her lack of hard CC and the rise of Nami contributed to that. Now people don't see reason to play her.
    Volibear's on free rotation
    Meanwhile, Voli support has been advertised by this one D1 entertainer Youtuber since forever and he's genuinely quite fun with an in-your-face playstyle. And since bot lane has become that one place where everything is decided by an all-in sooner or later, Voli kinda fits, it's hard to kill him, plus people who don't know how to deal with him are easily owned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Soraka is 450 IP, so pretty much anyone has her anyway, and she is not a popular support anymore because she's basic and boring, plus her playmaking ability is pretty small, you can only do reactionary play by heal-baiting and well-timed silences. Karma used to be more popular as support but now isn't for some reason; I think her lack of hard CC and the rise of Nami contributed to that. Now people don't see reason to play her.

Meanwhile, Voli support has been advertised by this one D1 entertainer Youtuber since forever and he's genuinely quite fun with an in-your-face playstyle. And since bot lane has become that one place where everything is decided by an all-in sooner or later, Voli kinda fits, it's hard to kill him, plus people who don't know how to deal with him are easily owned.
    I think we are assuming very different levels of competence:

-At high levels, everybody owns all the champs (or close enough to all that they might as well), and once somebody shows that something can work, people will follow suit, even if only briefly so that they can see if they can do it too. Voli being on Free Week and somebody seeing 5 straight Support Volis is total coincidence.
    -At mid levels, players will have most or all of the champions of their role anyways, so yeah, anybody who mains Support will already own Soraka (definitely) and Karma (probably), even if they never use them anymore for one reason or another. Volibear is a non-traditional Support (at least compared to somebody like Soraka) that a Support-main player thus might not have gotten around to buying yet, so when he comes up on free week, they figure, "I heard this can be useful, might as well check it out."
    -At my level, there's two types of Support players: those who have a couple non-free champions marked "Support" and know what a ward is, and those who instalock the coolest-looking free week champion while calling "bot lolz" and then proceed to steal all my their ADC's CS. And armored white DoomBears are cool.

I have no idea which of those Dusk Eclipse falls into.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Oh my god. This week, man. I want to play Ahri to get a feel for her, and guess what? Almost every match was an Ahri vs. Ahri...

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Volibear's on free rotation right now, which inevitably leads to seeing more of him. Seeing Volibear support five times in a row though - especially when Karma and Soraka are also on free rotation -well, all I can think of is that you broke a LOT of mirrors while walking under ladders with black cats going in front of you
    Don't think free week has anything to do with it, because at least two of those 5 games I mentioned were ranked games, not back to back thankfully. But yeah he was quite popular in team builder.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio Anejo View Post
    Show

First thought that popped into my head:

I'm Commander Shyvanna, and this is my favourite Rift on the Citadel.

Also, Volibear support is pretty legit. Soraka is boring, especially now after nerfs, so no-one wants to play her. Karma, I don't know. I honestly don't see her much.. I guess she doesn't have the OP factor Morgana has, or the "OMG KILLS" supports like Leona, Thresh and Blitz have, so she's usually only played support as a counterpick. I honestly see her mid more than support. But still, I'd have bought a lottery ticket if I got 5 support Volibears in a row.
    How is volibear a counterpick? He is "perfect" for all ins with his grab, but I don't see how he counters other all in supports or poke supports (he can survive just fine the poking if his passive is on, but the ADC's usually can't sustain the poking early on).

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post

So I'm not crazy and someone famous advocates for voli support, glad to know that. I don't play bot lane much, but IME Voli is relatively easy to kite, sure his passive makes him an annoyance to kill but frankly that and the flip are the only things I see going for him.

I think we are assuming very different levels of competence:

-At high levels, everybody owns all the champs (or close enough to all that they might as well), and once somebody shows that something can work, people will follow suit, even if only briefly so that they can see if they can do it too. Voli being on Free Week and somebody seeing 5 straight Support Volis is total coincidence.
    -At mid levels, players will have most or all of the champions of their role anyways, so yeah, anybody who mains Support will already own Soraka (definitely) and Karma (probably), even if they never use them anymore for one reason or another. Volibear is a non-traditional Support (at least compared to somebody like Soraka) that a Support-main player thus might not have gotten around to buying yet, so when he comes up on free week, they figure, "I heard this can be useful, might as well check it out."
    -At my level, there's two types of Support players: those who have a couple non-free champions marked "Support" and know what a ward is, and those who instalock the coolest-looking free week champion while calling "bot lolz" and then proceed to steal all my their ADC's CS. And armored white DoomBears are cool.

I have no idea which of those Dusk Eclipse falls into.
    I'm a Bronze I player with mid silver MMRC (I regularly get queued with Silver IV and III in ranked) so take that as you will. My problem with Volibear is that most people who play him support either don't know how to play Volibear or don't know how to play support. And it gets frustrating no matter what role you are playing, you are an ADC? Here have a full HP Lee sin to the face. You are jungler asking bot lane to let the enemy push a little so you can gank? Let's push the lane to tower and Tower dive the Braum+graves lane.... Dunno sometimes I think that watching the LCS and D1 youtubers/streamers are giving me the wrong impression on how the game is played. I think I expect too much of me and my team-mates.
    Last edited by Dusk Eclipse; 2014-08-22 at 09:52 AM.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

18. - Top - End - #78
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Oh my god. This week, man. I want to play Ahri to get a feel for her, and guess what? Almost every match was an Ahri vs. Ahri...
    and thus began his journey to become
    BEST AHRI NA
    *fanfare*

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

They'll have to go through me first. And I'm at the very least the best Ahri living in my house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

And then there is aggressive T-cell lymphoma also known as "support" Teemo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teemo
    I don't need wards. I *am* a ward!
    How is volibear a counterpick? He is "perfect" for all ins with his grab, but I don't see how he counters other all in supports or poke supports (he can survive just fine the poking if his passive is on, but the ADC's usually can't sustain the poking early on).
    Wat. I said Karma is a counterpick, not Voli. She was played a lot when Morgana became popular but before Morgana got permabanned. She's probably the strongest poke support out there, which makes her great against Morgana (you can poke much harder and still have cc/utility) and some all-in lanes (most notably Leona). Now that Morgana is permabanned and Leona is nerfed and played less, Karma is less popular since she doesn't stack up against Thresh/Braum too well and falls off in utility late game because she can't make picks and has a weak teamfight.
    Dunno sometimes I think that watching the LCS and D1 youtubers/streamers are giving me the wrong impression on how the game is played. I think I expect too much of me and my team-mates.
    Rule number one of soloque: assume everyone on your team is an idiot. What I mean by this, your support is hard pushing into enemy tower? It's honestly better to follow him up and maintain pressure (provided you're decently warded against ganks or the jungler was just top). This way you're both doing the same thing at least. Sure, it might not be the *best* thing to do at the time, but it's better than not doing a thing at all and just farming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maquise View Post
    Anytime someone tries to bring real-world physics into a RWBY discussion, Blake kills them in self defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastoulio
    VERILY, TOP LANE SHALL BE GUARDED BY A VALIANT KNIGHT,
    YEA, MIDDLE LANE SHALL BE OCCUPIED BY A WIZARD,
    I SAY UNTO THEE, A TEAM SHALL HAVE ONE WOODSMAN TO PATROL THE FOREST,
    FINALLY, AN ARCHER OF PENULTIMATE SKILL SHALL GO TO THE BOTTOM LANE, ACCOMPANIED ONLY BY HIS SQUIRE

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio Anejo View Post
    Rule number one of soloque: assume everyone on your team is an idiot. What I mean by this, your support is hard pushing into enemy tower? It's honestly better to follow him up and maintain pressure (provided you're decently warded against ganks or the jungler was just top). This way you're both doing the same thing at least. Sure, it might not be the *best* thing to do at the time, but it's better than not doing a thing at all and just farming.
    in most situations that support is making the right strategic play by shoving bot lane in the first place

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

I miss-read your post then, sorry my bad.

Teemo Support? nope.... just no, I'll dodge any game where that happens.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

I miss-read your post then, sorry my bad.

Teemo Support? nope.... just no, I'll dodge any game where that happens.
    Don't dodge that one! It's a unique experience, unlike any you'll ever have.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

24. - Top - End - #84
    Banned

hey, at least it isn't jungle teemo

25. - Top - End - #85
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
    So, TFT, how long until we see you in the LCS?

Speaking of LCS, here's my bracket for NA:

Spoiler
    Show
    TSM 3, Dignitas 1, TSM 3. Despite TSM's habit this split of being noncompetitive with the other top teams, they've had the best luck against Dignitas. Add that to the current slump Dignitas is dealing with, and you end up with TSM going to face C9.

Curse 2, CLG 3. CLG's had trouble against Curse, but I think their greater overall skill and time with Monte will have them winning and going on to face LMQ.

SEMIFINALS:

C9 3, TSM 0. TSM will fall to C9, it's just a matter of time in my opinion.

LMQ 1, CLG 3. #CLGinSeason4Ibelieve! More seriously, when CLG hasn't or doesn't rush Baron against LMQ, they are winning/win. Hopefully, Monte will help them realize that.

Third place: LMQ 2, TSM 3. I really don't want to see LMQ take an NA spot at worlds; so even though I think that TSM is weaker, I need to back them here.

First place: C9 2, CLG 3. Once again, #CLGinSeason4Ibelieve. I actually do think that when they're on top of their game, they are the best team in NA.

Dignitas gets relegated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Spoiler: NA LCS
    Show
    lmq out of worlds and clg #1? you cray brah

if nothing else, c9 knows how to hammer on seraph until he breaks and sneaky won't just lose to dlift without a lot of help from dexter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    FYI, you need to re-do your bracket, CLG would play C9 in the semi-finals, not LMQ.

Edit: My guesses (I'm particularly unsure of this). I'm not sure how strong LMQ, CLG, and TSM are going to be and I was wrong about SK Gaming.

TSM over Dignitas: I have more faith in the collective skill of TSM than I do in Dignitas. TSM tends to excel well in high pressure situations and I like the Lustboy pick up and Locodoco coaching them than I do with Scarra and Dignitas.

CLG over Curse: SK Gaming's rise again informs this pick. I think CLG has better understanding of the game's strategy than Curse does. Also, I hope to see Quas using top Swain at least once.

LMQ over TSM: I have no idea how well LMQ is going to play with the ownership dispute and their coach leaving. I'm guessing they're good enough to overcome TSM.

C9 over CLG: C9 is the best team in NA.

Which brings us to the kicker: TSM vs. CLG for 3rd place and one slot for Worlds. There will be so much hype for this one series. CLG comes out to an early 1-0 lead, have a big gold lead in game 2, then throws it at Baron, leading to a spiral of destruction and choking and CLG is out once again.

C9 over LMQ: C9 is the best team in NA.

Relegations: Curse over Dignitas: Dignitas needs to make some major changes because something isn't working right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I agree with everything but LMQ.

LMQ has had MAJOR upheaval in the past couple weeks. Their coach quit, they have performed poorly in recent scrims, and the issues outside the game have affected their performance.

Mid-season LMQ would have had a high chance at taking 1st place, but honestly at this point I really think it's going to be C9 vs TSM in the finals (C9 winning), and CLG vs LMQ for 3rd, with CLG taking 3rd place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Even during the upheaval, LMQ beat TSM rather convincingly XD

The 3-1 record LMQ has against CLG is definitely misleading because CLG threw two of those games at Baron when they had early advantages. Let's see if the Korean bootcamp fixed those issues.

As a LMQ fan, I'd be worried if they fall into the 3rd place match; they haven't played well against CLG or C9.
    FINE. I'LL FIX MY BRACKET.

Spoiler: NA LCS bracket
    Show
    TSM>Dignitas in 4. Dig will put up a fight, but their second half collapse will continue.

CLG>Curse in 3. Historically, CLG has manhandled Curse in the playoffs.

TSM>LMQ in 5. I think that while TSM isn't the best, they're certainly in the top four, and their greater experience will carry over into a hard fought match.

CLG>C9 in 5. I do think that CLG will pull it off. But Cloud 9 is not a team to be underestimated, and they will make it hard for CLG.

THIRD PLACE: C9>LMQ in 4. I really don't want LMQ going to worlds, but aside from that, I do think C9 is the straight up better team.

CHAMPIONSHIP: Hopefully bringing a revival of the CLG-TSM grudgematch, CLG>TSM in 4. As long as CLG avoids stupid Baron calls, I think they can handle TSM.

FIFTH PLACE: Curse>Dignitas in 3. Dignitas needs to figure out something, because they aren't going to get anywhere even with ZionSpartan and Shiphtur leading the pack. I fully expect to see them returning, though.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2014-08-22 at 03:51 PM.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
    CLG>Curse in 3. Historically, CLG has manhandled Curse in the playoffs.
    historically, CLG haven't taken first in anything since preseason 2. something makes me think that you aren't being perfectly objective about that team

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Support Teemo, played correctly, is even better at pissing off all members of both teams than top Teemo. Blinds and shrooms and way too much burst damage and ugh.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Support Teemo, played correctly, is even better at pissing off all members of both teams than top Teemo. Blinds and shrooms and way too much burst damage and ugh.
    Last time somebody tried support Teemo against me in solo que I was playing Alistar.

Spoiler alert - it did not go well for Teemo. I laughed through that whole game.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    I've never seen Support Teemo -not- work well, and as such, I welcome the pick as long as he actually does support basics(use actual wards, buy a support item, buy sightstone, etc, etc).
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Wat. I said Karma is a counterpick, not Voli. She was played a lot when Morgana became popular but before Morgana got permabanned. She's probably the strongest poke support out there, which makes her great against Morgana (you can poke much harder and still have cc/utility) and some all-in lanes (most notably Leona). Now that Morgana is permabanned and Leona is nerfed and played less, Karma is less popular since she doesn't stack up against Thresh/Braum too well and falls off in utility late game because she can't make picks and has a weak teamfight.
    Wait, Leona were nerfed.. how.? when?

I've never seen Support Teemo -not- work well, and as such, I welcome the pick as long as he actually does support basics(use actual wards, buy a support item, buy sightstone, etc, etc).
    Yeah, it kinda sounds like a horribly thing to lane against, where you will constantly get poked, and any attempt at agression runs face first into a wall of shrooms.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar