New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC V

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Natasha sniffs loudly and leans into Badger's hand for a time before responding. "Thank you," she says.

It takes her a little bit to answer Badger's first question, and from the way she twiddles her fingers together and works her jaw it seems like she's also trying to formulate her own response.

"Well..." she eventually says, "Have you been reading the news? The cholera's all anyone's talking about. The Sokol guy, who writes satire, has been one of the most moderate voices around, but some of the others are...scary." Natasha looks down at the floor. "You know that woman who writes in the crime blotter and opinion pages? The one who says that everyone is guilty and needs to be punished to the fullest extent of the law, who uses overly melodramatic language and froths at the mouth whenever anyone is declared innocent--especially if they're not rich? I think you can guess what she's saying about the Plavaan here." She gulps, as if she isn't quite sure of what to say next, or isn't fully prepared to say it. "The thing is, she's really popular among a lot of people in the Heights right now. I heard a lot of people talking about it at socials, and heard my mother talking about it too. Leif wants nothing to do with all of this, but a lot of nobles are blaming the Plavaan too, especially people like Cesare. He could help more but all he's saying is that this is proof of the evil and ineptitude of Dierdre and the other Plavaan or something like that and that he and his son could have built much better sewers. It's like there's this...poison to the whole city, and everyone's drinking it and I don't know what to do!"
    "It's the wells not the sewers. And someone rich is paying people to stop our investigation. Thing is, if it were just the sewers the whole city will be affected, it is focused on the poor sections of the city instead." Badger paused, realizing how useful Natasha's knowledge of the nobles. "You know any humans in that group, black hair and a.. uh 'purple thing'?"
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee silently shrugged but nodded, slowing enough to allow Darric to take the lead and following him. only turning around to ensure Sora was still with them breifly.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    "It's the wells not the sewers. And someone rich is paying people to stop our investigation. Thing is, if it were just the sewers the whole city will be affected, it is focused on the poor sections of the city instead." Badger paused, realizing how useful Natasha's knowledge of the nobles. "You know any humans in that group, black hair and a.. uh 'purple thing'?"
    Natasha's eyes widen. "Someone's doing that?! But it doesn't make any sense! What if it gets to the sewers?" She pauses at Badger's second question. "Actually...I have seen someone like that, once. He was tall, and thin, with black hair and an odd purple suit."

Spoiler: Everyone
    Show
    I'm about to go to bed; I'll update more tomorrow

4. - Top - End - #124

Natasha's eyes widen. "Someone's doing that?! But it doesn't make any sense! What if it gets to the sewers?" She pauses at Badger's second question. "Actually...I have seen someone like that, once. He was tall, and thin, with black hair and an odd purple suit."

Spoiler: Everyone
    Show
    I'm about to go to bed; I'll update more tomorrow
    Badger took a deep breath. What was it with people and dragging out answers today? "Name? Occupation? Where did you see him? We need to track him... wait Deidre had competitors to build the sewers? How did a drow get the rights and Cesare didn't? I thought all the senators had first dibs for stuff like that?"

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

I....... for a long time ive thought of.... I want...... I want to lead. Its what i always dreamt of, nearly all figures of legend, my myths, your myths, all were leaders, im not sure if i have what it takes but at least i want to try, even here at first, even with fellow young reballious warlocks, even both- and i have an idea how to get that to happen, but im not sure if we should start it before i have a remote knowledge of what is leading. So will you help me?

A shellless crab, an upside down turtoise, a forsaken puppy at a new owner's place. Thats Surdrak right now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Coffee should know what Surdrak's plan is. Need a reminder?
    Despite everything, its still me.

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Elsee silently shrugged but nodded, slowing enough to allow Darric to take the lead and following him. only turning around to ensure Sora was still with them breifly.
    "Up here," Darric says, guiding Elsee onto the rooftops. They're low once they make it back to downtown and the Docks, and the buildings are close enough together that it's relatively easy to hop from roof to roof. It also makes it easier to avoid anyone's notice, which is why Darric invited Elsee up in the first place. And it's exhilarating, leaping from rooftop to rooftop, even as the two Plavaan have to watch out for the storm damage. Meanwhile, Sora follows on the ground.

As they head north towards the guildhouse and the buildings begin to thin out, a dark speck in the sky shoots right towards them.

Badger took a deep breath. What was it with people and dragging out answers today? "Name? Occupation? Where did you see him? We need to track him... wait Deidre had competitors to build the sewers? How did a drow get the rights and Cesare didn't? I thought all the senators had first dibs for stuff like that?"
    "I-I don't know," Natasha says. "I only saw him once, and only for a moment. Honestly, the only reason I remember him is because Eva pointed out how odd his suit was. He was just walking down the street, though he looked like he was looking for something or someone, so I don't think he was a new servant or doorman.

"As for Dierdre getting the sewer contract, I don't know the full details but...Badger, things may be bad right now but Runite really is more egalitarian than you give it credit for being. Dierdre may not be on the Senate, but her sewer design and the wells she built were just that good, there was no way Cesare and his son could compete. It's how she got so rich in the first place."

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    I....... for a long time ive thought of.... I want...... I want to lead. Its what i always dreamt of, nearly all figures of legend, my myths, your myths, all were leaders, im not sure if i have what it takes but at least i want to try, even here at first, even with fellow young reballious warlocks, even both- and i have an idea how to get that to happen, but im not sure if we should start it before i have a remote knowledge of what is leading. So will you help me?

A shellless crab, an upside down turtoise, a forsaken puppy at a new owner's place. Thats Surdrak right now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Coffee should know what Surdrak's plan is. Need a reminder?
    Leif leans back in his chair and rubs his chin. "What made you decide you want to lead, Surdrak? Was it something in San De Sol? Your partners told me something happened but never discussed it in detail." He shifts straighter in his sheet. "Leadership--true leadership--is something that is earned more than than anything else. A true leader appreciates the burden of power." Leif pauses and looks over Surdrak intently. "You definitely seem more mature than before. How can I help you?"

Spoiler: Super Dark
    Show
    I think I know. It's the sending thing, right?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Leadership, true leadership, leadership feat. Dont worry guys he will only take it at 9th level

Spoiler: Coffee's eyes only
    Show
    Yeah its the sending thing.

Anyway as of now im going to sleep. Surdrak would retell the whole story of Sol if Leif asks.

Part from Sol, part from my childhood dreams, its mostly the way i was freed from the spirits that made me want to save more warlocks and lead them to better life that wont end abruptly in madness, take them to ancient ruins and crypts and recover pieces of our ancient culture, and in general show them that they can be welcomed in society, like i never thought i would have.

He leaned forward.

Ill need to use a single sending spell, an amount of gold, and your reassuring support.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Severa folds her arms and sighs. "You know, it's no fun whining if you don't respond."
    Artorias keeps his silence and looks at her as if to say "And that is why I'm not answering"
    The cells are much the same as before--dim and almost blessedly cool, with floors left damp from the city's high water table. but smelling of mildew and the smells that usually build up when people are locked in cells for long periods of time. But it's not too bad because right now there's only a couple people in the cells.

The halfling is still spitting curses, but is soon silenced by a swift kick to the rear courtesy of Severa. "Try a newer swear," she says.
    He nods in agreement.

EDIT: Severa's a bit rougher than strictly necessary when she strips him of his items and tosses him into a cell, whining all the while. "And of course since th other guards expect me to do everything, I'm going to have to keep watch up top and make sure he doesn't escape and record all these items, which of course are probably stolen, and try to return them!" She holds up the chain shirt, which even in Severa's hands looks way too wide and baggy for the halfling thief, and scoffs, "Yeah, no way he didn't steal this."
    "According to him, he got it as payment" he breaks the silence for a moment "Look, Severa I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this on your own, I'm truly am" he says with some sincerity on his voice "But right now I have some more pressing issues, so I'll leave this in your capable hands, though be careful with him, he is quite sneaky" he says. "Though, could I check that chain shirt for a moment please?" he asks.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

9. - Top - End - #129

"I-I don't know," Natasha says. "I only saw him once, and only for a moment. Honestly, the only reason I remember him is because Eva pointed out how odd his suit was. He was just walking down the street, though he looked like he was looking for something or someone, so I don't think he was a new servant or doorman.

"As for Dierdre getting the sewer contract, I don't know the full details but...Badger, things may be bad right now but Runite really is more egalitarian than you give it credit for being. Dierdre may not be on the Senate, but her sewer design and the wells she built were just that good, there was no way Cesare and his son could compete. It's how she got so rich in the first place."
    "Maybe from your view. From the bottom it doesn't seem that way at all. The rich are powerful, beyond what you would understand. Who lives on your street that he might be looking for?"

10. - Top - End - #130

Spoiler
    Show
    Leadership, true leadership, leadership feat. Dont worry guys he will only take it at 9th level

Spoiler: Coffee's eyes only
    Show
    Yeah its the sending thing.

Anyway as of now im going to sleep. Surdrak would retell the whole story of Sol if Leif asks.

Part from Sol, part from my childhood dreams, its mostly the way i was freed from the spirits that made me want to save more warlocks and lead them to better life that wont end abruptly in madness, take them to ancient ruins and crypts and recover pieces of our ancient culture, and in general show them that they can be welcomed in society, like i never thought i would have.

He leaned forward.

Ill need to use a single sending spell, an amount of gold, and your reassuring support.
    Leif is silent, his face mostly inscrutable (except for when Surdrak describes the battles in the underbelly of San De Sol), but as Surdrak finishes his tale he looks impressed. "That's a better reason than most," he says. I'm impressed, Surdrak! To be honest when you first joined the guild I never would have thought you would say something like that, but look at how you've grown." He's out of his seat by now and is walking to Surdrak. "If that's why you want to lead, then you have my support." Leif goes stern for a moment. "But of course, being a leader means you need to be responsible. You'll have to take care of any problems that you or your subordinates cause."

Spoiler: Super Dark:
    Show
    Leif will LEND you the money, as long as it's a reasonable amount, but he won't clean up any messes you or your subordinates make. That's on you. Is that fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Artorias keeps his silence and looks at her as if to say "And that is why I'm not answering"

He nods in agreement.

"According to him, he got it as payment" he breaks the silence for a moment "Look, Severa I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this on your own, I'm truly am" he says with some sincerity on his voice "But right now I have some more pressing issues, so I'll leave this in your capable hands, though be careful with him, he is quite sneaky" he says. "Though, could I check that chain shirt for a moment please?" he asks.
    "Really?" Severa asks. She casually tosses the chain shirt and other items at Artorias; the links smack him in his face. "Knock yourself out." She pauses. "And...thanks," she says, almost too quickly for Artorias to catch. But he manages, although one sleeve smacks him in the face.

Spoiler: Dusk
    Show
    What do you want to check? Depending on what you're looking for a check or roll may be necessary.

"Maybe from your view. From the bottom it doesn't seem that way at all. The rich are powerful, beyond what you would understand. Who lives on your street that he might be looking for?"
    Natasha's silent for a while. "I know exactly how rich I and the rest of us are, but...when you say things like that it kind of makes me wish you were a noble." The look on her face lets Badger know exactly what she means by that.

And then it's down to business. Natasha draws a rough map and points out locations as she speaks. "I'm honestly not sure who he might be looking for, you said he paid someone off to rob...water samples? The person he was looking for might not even be in this area, if he's looking for anyone at all, but within these few blocks there's this empty mansion that he might be looking to purchase, the Volkovs--they're mostly ambassadors--live here, there's this guy named Darius Quilla who's looking to get a house here, Leif's here but I doubt he's involved, Cesare lives here, and the Kaufmanns are here but it wouldn't make much sense for them to be involved either. Oh, and Dierdre's a couple blocks north, up here closer to the Bogs."

11. - Top - End - #131

Natasha's silent for a while. "I know exactly how rich I and the rest of us are, but...when you say things like that it kind of makes me wish you were a noble." The look on her face lets Badger know exactly what she means by that.

And then it's down to business. Natasha draws a rough map and points out locations as she speaks. "I'm honestly not sure who he might be looking for, you said he paid someone off to rob...water samples? The person he was looking for might not even be in this area, if he's looking for anyone at all, but within these few blocks there's this empty mansion that he might be looking to purchase, the Volkovs--they're mostly ambassadors--live here, there's this guy named Darius Quilla who's looking to get a house here, Leif's here but I doubt he's involved, Cesare lives here, and the Kaufmanns are here but it wouldn't make much sense for them to be involved either. Oh, and Dierdre's a couple blocks north, up here closer to the Bogs."
    "It isn't just wealth, and that ship sailed for me a long time ago." Badgers voice was cold as she answered Natasha.

"I need to see this area for myself. Do you think they would treat someone who looked more like... well them, better?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Int: (1d20)[12]
    Knowledge Local: (1d20+5)[6]

12. - Top - End - #132

"It isn't just wealth, and that ship sailed for me a long time ago." Badgers voice was cold as she answered Natasha.
    "I know, but...I think the Senate might be better with people like you in it is all. I get tired of all the machinations."

"I need to see this area for myself. Do you think they would treat someone who looked more like... well them, better?"

Natasha pauses and frowns. "They should, but I don't know if you'd be able to get into the houses without permission. A lot of places are protected against those kinds of spells. You might be able to sneak into a Senate meeting or a party or social though, as long as you can act the part."

Spoiler
    Show
    Int: [roll0]
    Knowledge Local: [roll1]
    Spoiler: Athedia
    Show
    You know the results to those checks

13. - Top - End - #133

"I know, but...I think the Senate might be better with people like you in it is all. I get tired of all the machinations."
    "I don't know if I could be stuck in a stuffy room and not kill those people. But a social... that might be good. Gossip is the best thing for me to learn things. I know the basics, be quiet, walk softly but if you could coach me a little on the rest it could help."

14. - Top - End - #134

"I don't know if I could be stuck in a stuffy room and not kill those people. But a social... that might be good. Gossip is the best thing for me to learn things. I know the basics, be quiet, walk softly but if you could coach me a little on the rest it could help."
    Natasha breaks into giggles, light and airy even as she covers her mouth. "You don't appear to be looking to kill me though." She pauses again. "I could definitely help you out. When would be a good time?"

Spoiler: Athedia:
    Show
    It would need about 3 sessions, each about 2 hours each.

15. - Top - End - #135

Natasha breaks into giggles, light and airy even as she covers her mouth. "You don't appear to be looking to kill me though." She pauses again. "I could definitely help you out. When would be a good time?"

Spoiler: Athedia:
    Show
    It would need about 3 sessions, each about 2 hours each.
    Badger touched her hairband, letting the marks fade from her face and blonde curls go down her back. "We could start now."

16. - Top - End - #136

Natasha's eyes widen and her whole body goes slightly rigid and still. "Uh, disguising yourself like...that...might not be a good idea."

17. - Top - End - #137

Natasha's eyes widen and her whole body goes slightly rigid and still. "Uh, disguising yourself like...that...might not be a good idea."
    Spoiler: Coffee Only
    Show
    Spoiler: Seriously Just the DM
    Show
    Badger smiled a little more sadly this time. "People still haven't forgotten?" She pulled the head band off entirely before tossing it on the bed. Her roots showed through her hair and it was longer, reaching past just her shoulder, the slightest hint of curl starting. The henna on her face and hands had faded, barely staining her skin anymore.

She gestured for Natasha to hand her a pot on the table beside her bed. "I was hoping I didn't need this anymore."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks Leif! My appriciation is eternal!

He couldnt hide his excitment, bouncing and smiling like a fool- no, TWO fools.

After settling down (not really) he spoke.
    First thing first: The Sending spell will be used to order a call from home, then the gold will be used to spread the call throughout the warlock society. Then the result might be some rascally teens and maybe one " 'responsible' 'adult' " coming to/visiting Runite.

But the big question is: where can i find a Sending spell?

Spoiler
    Show
    Posted from a train chooo chooo

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't mention it" Artorias says with just a little hint of annoyance "Well.... I'll see you later"
    Once he is outside of theguard house, he looks for a nearby alley, some place that it's hidden from view. Once there Artorias takes out the chain shirt and after making sure nobody is paying attention to him, he sniffes the chain shirt, trying to find a smell different from the Halfling, anything that could help to find out his employer.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm perfectly aware of how creepy this looks... I assure you it wasn't my intention,
    I'll take 20 in all checks just to make sure.
    Hide 22 (
    Scent 20
    Spot 35

Just call me Dusk

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

"Up here," Darric says, guiding Elsee onto the rooftops. They're low once they make it back to downtown and the Docks, and the buildings are close enough together that it's relatively easy to hop from roof to roof. It also makes it easier to avoid anyone's notice, which is why Darric invited Elsee up in the first place. And it's exhilarating, leaping from rooftop to rooftop, even as the two Plavaan have to watch out for the storm damage. Meanwhile, Sora follows on the ground.

As they head north towards the guildhouse and the buildings begin to thin out, a dark speck in the sky shoots right towards them.

elsee sheilded her eyes from the sun with a hand as she noticed the sky speck, "just Kheel" she assured Darric. she stopped to find a secure locaition on the rooftop they were currently on and waved an arm towards what she beleived to be kheel, beckoning him in for a landing.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141

Thanks Leif! My appriciation is eternal!

He couldnt hide his excitment, bouncing and smiling like a fool- no, TWO fools.

After settling down (not really) he spoke.
    First thing first: The Sending spell will be used to order a call from home, then the gold will be used to spread the call throughout the warlock society. Then the result might be some rascally teens and maybe one " 'responsible' 'adult' " coming to/visiting Runite.

But the big question is: where can i find a Sending spell?

Spoiler
    Show
    Posted from a train chooo chooo
    And after all that, Leif looks like he needs to sit down. Instead he simply stares at Surdrak and says, "Are you telling me that you plan to have several dozen potentially unhinged warlocks in the city? How exactly do you plan to manage to keep them in line as you aid them?" He's speaking almost like a lecturer, trying to make Surdrak think things through.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    "Don't mention it" Artorias says with just a little hint of annoyance "Well.... I'll see you later"
    Once he is outside of theguard house, he looks for a nearby alley, some place that it's hidden from view. Once there Artorias takes out the chain shirt and after making sure nobody is paying attention to him, he sniffes the chain shirt, trying to find a smell different from the Halfling, anything that could help to find out his employer.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm perfectly aware of how creepy this looks... I assure you it wasn't my intention,
    I'll take 20 in all checks just to make sure.
    Hide 22 (
    Scent 20
    Spot 35

Artorias ducks into an alleyway that seems fairly deserted and out of the way. There's nobody clearly in sight, although he can't quite shake the gaze that someone can see him..still, it might just be his furtiveness speaking and he does need to check. He stands in the alleyway and practically snorts into the armpit of the chain shirt.

This is...odd. There are at least three different scents on there. One is undeniably the halfling thief's, smelling of sweat and shadows. Another one is...strange, swamp-like and almost acrid. It almost burns the inside of his nostrils, sends the hairs standing on end. The third is the oldest and most deeply permeated; it must belong to the shirt's owner. It smells of cologne and caviar, fine cigars and stuffy hallways...and earth. The slight earthen sweat of a dwarf.

elsee sheilded her eyes from the sun with a hand as she noticed the sky speck, "just Kheel" she assured Darric. she stopped to find a secure locaition on the rooftop they were currently on and waved an arm towards what she beleived to be kheel, beckoning him in for a landing.
    Kheel descends quickly and lands clumsily, dragging his claws along the roof to catch himself. His eyes are wide and from the way he flaps around he looks terrified. And there's a burn on one of his wings.

Oh, and if they look down they can see Artorias burying his nose in someone else's chain shirt.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Elsee sneered beneath her facemask and lifted Kheels burned wing to inspect the damage, it didn't look too bad, he was able to fly with it at least. "The hell happened to you?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    i was almost hoping it wasn't kheel and was like, a kago knight some extremists hired to take out the local plavaan or one of those bandit's birds or something
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Not at all, in fact i plan the opposite: a dozen or less SANE warlocks sick of potentially unhinged warlocks to be brought to Runite.
    As to how to keep them in line, threats of church to keep them down, promises of intrigue to keep them excited and down, promises of glory to keep them excited, and the possability to join my new sect of free warlocks to make them curious and feel exclusive, all for an entry fee of small homely goods, to make them feel as if its a bargain.

I know it sounds very far fetched and even dangerous, but please, i promise i can handle it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Most of this is just flavor for Surdrak's life after the game is done, not all of the warlocks need to come now.

24. - Top - End - #144

Elsee sneered beneath her facemask and lifted Kheels burned wing to inspect the damage, it didn't look too bad, he was able to fly with it at least. "The hell happened to you?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    i was almost hoping it wasn't kheel and was like, a kago knight some extremists hired to take out the local plavaan or one of those bandit's birds or something
    Kheel's wing isn't too bad, but the burn smells a bit, and it doesn't look like a fire burn at all. In fact, it looks like an acid burn.

"It was the dragon," Kheel whimpers, shaking like a leaf. "He was flying from the city right at me, and then he shot acid at me!"

Not at all, in fact i plan the opposite: a dozen or less SANE warlocks sick of potentially unhinged warlocks to be brought to Runite.
    As to how to keep them in line, threats of church to keep them down, promises of intrigue to keep them excited and down, promises of glory to keep them excited, and the possability to join my new sect of free warlocks to make them curious and feel exclusive, all for an entry fee of small homely goods, to make them feel as if its a bargain.

I know it sounds very far fetched and even dangerous, but please, i promise i can handle it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Most of this is just flavor for Surdrak's life after the game is done, not all of the warlocks need to come now.
    Leif sits back down and folds his arms. "Well, I can definitely give this a chance. You've certainly grown in your time here."

Spoiler
    Show
    No problem!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Kheel's wing isn't too bad, but the burn smells a bit, and it doesn't look like a fire burn at all. In fact, it looks like an acid burn.

"It was the dragon," Kheel whimpers, shaking like a leaf. "He was flying from the city right at me, and then he shot acid at me!"

Elsee sneered, beckoning Kheel to the edge of the building before clambering down. "C'mon, Sora's on the streets, she'll patch you up. You too Darric!"

Elsee was never very good at smart things like tracking down diseases, but ideas began to go through her mind involving the dragon, maybe if she could get an enlargement spell on Kheel, then he could carry her and Darric to the dragon, she could jump off and attack the dragon head-on, while Darric used his crossbow and Kheel's claws and poision to keep it distracted... probably a stupid idea, but it was a fun thought exersise to do as she signaled for Sora at least.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Sora looked up a little while ago as Kheel landed up above and patiently waited for them to come down.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

27. - Top - End - #147

Kheel leans forward for Elsee to get on his back, then glides to the ground. His tail flares out to stabilize himself ahainst the wound on his, and when he lands next to sora he nudges her hand incessantly.

Darric easily clambers to the ground, hopping down the balconies and windowsills and jutting stone like they're netting and rigging on a boat.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Artorias paces in the alleyway "Dwarf?..." he sniffs the chain shirt once more to make sure "yup... definitely dwarf" he says with some distaste, it isn't that he has something against them, they simply smell stronger "I don't like this... not at all" Having committed the scents to memory, he decides that the best course of action would be to gather some more samples and meet up with the other as planned, he would tell them his suspicions later.

Spoiler
    Show

I'll roll a couple Spot checks for Artorias and Ciaran just in case there wasn't just one hired pickpocket

Spot Artorias (1d20+15)[19]
    Spot Ciaran (1d20+22)[38]

Spot Artorias (1d20+15)[27]
    Spot Ciaran (1d20+22)[41]

Spot Artorias (1d20+15)[29]
    Spot Ciaran (1d20+22)[31]

Spot Artorias (1d20+15)[34]
    Spot Ciaran (1d20+22)[30]

Just call me Dusk

29. - Top - End - #149

There aren't many wells in the area to test, and it would take too long to go back and replace the smashed samples, but Artorias does his best. Ciaran hovers above, watching intently, and she never once alerts him to a skulking figure in the shadows. He's safe.

They're out late, late enough that the sun's starting to set and Artorias knows that the cafeteria in the guild has closed. If he wants to eat dinner he'll have to get some street food or see if he has snacks in his room. Ciaran, for her part, catches a mouse on the walk back and quickly gulps it down, fur and all. It's nearly dark when they finally make it back to the guild, and most of the refugees are settling in for the night. Artorias takes the path to Badger's room, where he sees her hug Natasha outside the door. For her part, Natasha gives Artorias a friendly wave and a, "How are you?"

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, hey Natasha" he waves back " I've been better, but I think everyone can say that now" he clears his throat "anyway... am I interrupting something?"
    Just call me Dusk