Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: TW: Spire City II IC

The Spinner Hag
    Loyalty: 20

Spoiler: The Reddinfel
    Show

Same price as before then. We've also got a new toy we'd like to test out that we'll field for [Wealth 3]. I don't think you'll be disappointed in it.

Spoiler: Dread Captain Raloph
    Show

Assuming my boys'll get a cut of the finds, I'd be willing to commit [Agents 5] to your endeavor.

The Grey Hawk

Spoiler: Dustmire Dirtlings
    Show

Mister Earthcraft, if you don't wish to create this weapon of war, I'd completely understand. But we'd be willing to put [Wealth 8] into its production for your troubles, [Wealth 4] by [Mid Turn] and [Wealth 4] by [EoT], if that makes a difference.

Hawk

Spoiler: Internal (PM)
    Show

Just for clarification, how much [Agents] do I have? I was a little unclear on that in the EoT report.

Spinner Hag Headquarters exterior gate, second month of 3055
    Dramatis Personae: The bombardier golem, affectionately dubbed "Face Wrecker" by its engineers

Waiting. Target identified. Target identified as Grey Hawk. Friendly. Stand down.

Waiting. Target identified. Target identified as pigeon. Observe.

Waiting. Target identified. Target identified as Head Engineer Crankshaft. Friendly. Greet.

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

Spoiler: Midturn Action
    Show

1. Producing 8 Wealth, delivering it to the Dustmire Dirtlings in exchange for 50 equipment and the first payment on the Helios Golem.

2. Using Loyalty to recruit more Knowledge.

3. Using existing and recruited knowledge to continue researching the trait [Equipment Training], which is what I'm calling the trait we talked about in PM.

VIP: Equipping Hawk with 2 of the Equipment, then having him go on another recruitment drive.

Last edited by Q'telun; 2015-02-23 at 12:19 PM.
    "Is mise tusa... Is tusa mise... Ón bhfarraige d'anam, tháinig mé..."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    A scientist never needs a reason to set something on fire.
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Atelier Lyrica
    Loyalty: 6

Spoiler: The Argent (PM)
    Show
    The first sight that Emperor Loboniva caught of the eponymous Alchemist as he entered the Copper Room, was of her admiring the exquisite table by the fireplace, brushing her fingertips against the complex detailing along the wood. She straightened to face His Majesty as he joined her, and curtsied in greeting once more, still very much acting like the proper lady.

It was not until the door had been closed and she was sure that she was all alone with him, with no one else to witness the following proceedings, that the illusion shattered in an instant.

"Haaaaaaaaaa...!"

Lyrica groaned, dropping to the floor and abandoning all pretense at propriety. A childlike expression of discontent swept over her erstwhile carefully-maintained face, as she gave free rein to her true personality, the one that Eryn Loboniva was more familiar with. Even though nothing about her looks had changed, the girl-child that knelt tardily on the floor before him seemed like an entirely different person from the graceful little lady which had approached his Petal Throne just moments before.

"Awwww, that was just so tedious, Lord Eryn! Having to be such a good girl, I'm so not used to it. Why did you have to go and be Emperor? Lyrica hardly ever sees you anymore, and I have act so... polite, just before I get to chat with you again."

She complained, her girlish voice floating through the air. As if remembering something at that moment, she hopped up on her feet again and clapped her hands, chattering like a bird.

"Oh! I bet there's only so much time you can spare for me even now, Lord Eryn. We better make good use of it! What should we talk about?"

"How has your health been, maybe? I'm sure I've got just about anything to fix any ailment you may have, if any! And if not, there's always something I can give you to keep you in good health, I'm sure!"

"Or maybe you'd like to hear about what Master Hadran has been up to? Lyrica figures he can't ever be seen in public with you ever again now you're Emperor and all, so perhaps I can fill you in on everything you've been missing."

"Or, perhaps..."

At this point, Lyrica put a hand on her chest, and flashed Eryn a mischievous smile.

"...you'd rather have me? You've got a young lady alone with you in a room, after all. People are going to talk, so you might as well make the best of it! Ahaha!"

She giggled gaily, showing her pearl-white teeth in a brilliant smile.

Spoiler: To the Reddinfel
    Show
    Oh! That's alright, then! I'll just push up some other things I have on my schedule in that case. Do tell me when you're ready to get things going again!

Speaking of which, the extra condition I requested for our little venture? It applies to every adventure you may be undertaking by yourself. Bring them to me, and I'll make you free stuff if you'd like!

With love,
    Lyrica Springsong
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Atelier Lyrica [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

A faint smile appears on Loboniva's features, looking somewhat out of place. "I am glad to see you haven't simply replaced yourself with one of those homonculi of yours for public appearances. I am well, thank you for asking, I take care of my body to in turn uphold the health of my self."

He walks over to the table and draws back one of the chairs. "Do have a seat. I hear your business is doing better than ever. The progress you make in your crafts is a mirror to the progress I am hoping we can effect on the entire Spire."

"The Imperial Throne of this and that, you know the drill. Would ask of you to- no. Would consider it prudent..." Eryn paces around in the room, frowning. "Ah. Of course, the old man has left replying to correspondence to his son. We'll go with 'It would signify' and imply gratitude. The stick will be us revoking the pledge on the Red Stair tolls."

"Uh, my lord. You realize we cannot actually do that?"

"It does not matter. Influence is not based on what you can do, but what others believe you can do. It'll make him hesitate enough. If he doesn't make the first move, the rest of the pack won't follow. What is wrong with the Master of Hounds today? Tell Johan to delegate someone on that."

"At once."

Midturn [GM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge creating Runes.
    Industry generating Wealth.
    Reputation convincing the nobility to fund the Iron Knights (through the Throne in the form of a minor tax, so the Iron Knights see the money as coming from me) in exchange for the Iron Knights taking up responsibilities of policing the Spire openly from their own territory upwards, for now.
    Last edited by Murska; 2015-02-22 at 04:34 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Dustmire Dirtlings: (Loyalty 11)

PC'S:
    Spoiler: To the Atelier Lyrica
    Show
    We will reconvene then, then. I am not certain how to calculate our production of mithril- but we can say, safely, that any efforts you make in glasteel, we can match in industry.

"With that said... I would love the joint effort, between the two of us.
    This is… very exciting! We look forward to hearing from you when you have the time."

((OOC: Sorry to rush this one; just want to apologize- you deserve better roleplay than I can offer right now, for the efforts you put in! ))

Spoiler: To the Spinner Hag
    Show
    Hawk… I trust you as a good man. I trust you that no innocents will lose their lives to the torments of my creations. I will do this thing for you... but I must ask you a personal favor.

Keep an eye on the Reddinfel for us. I do not trust them to be the good men that you are- and many a high-industry company have crumbled at their whims. Perhaps the spire could use one Good Man talking sense at the head of it all.

((OOC: The equipment will be on your doorstep this turn; the golem may have to wait until [EoT, depending on how a deal or two goes through))

Spoiler: To the Dawn Syndicate
    Show
    Ah, I see you heard about my bout of madness... though I am not entirely surprised, given your resourcefulness.

I trusted Grey Hawk and the Spinner Hag with the Helios golem because I believe he will limit it to the use of his enemies- and none other. If you can give me the same assurances, I will give the golem its twin for you.

The issue of funding does spur some issue, however… How about this. For the total cost of the golem and the 50 equipment, we ask for the price of 2 [Wealth] and 1 [Rune]. The equipment will be ready for you immediately, but the golem may need to wait until EoT if our resources are overbooked at the time.

Is this acceptable for you?

Spoiler: To the Mithril Bank
    Show
    ((OOC: Hello! Just confirming whether to put you down for the 50 Equipment for 4 wealth or not this turn!))

Spoiler: to Titan Shipping
    Show
    Good, very good! We can sell our Garden golems to you at [2 Wealth] a piece- and you may sell them as you see fit from there. When do you expect to be departing? We will need to know when to have them ready by.

(Safe travels, by the way! If you need a commission to ensure your safety, do let us know!)

NPC's:
    Spoiler: To the Divine Eye
    Show

That is incredibly generous of you, and you have my thanks. When the time is right, perhaps I will join you for a spot of astronomy. Who knows? Maybe amidst the stars in the sky there will be one even I will be able to show you.

Spoiler: To the Clockwork Advocate
    Show
    Cecil brings the dignitary into his newly established factory, and displays for him his extensive production lines. He directs the automaton to his office and personal study, confessing that Cecil himself has memorized many of these eldridge pages.

Cecil offers to spend his personal time this turn engaging in discussion with the Advocate, effectively boosting both their [Knowledge] from what they have learned and postulated from one another.

Spoiler: To the Venerable Treekin
    Show
    <<And yet you travel from your lush and lavish home.>>

<<The Dirtlings have tested this land. It is not a place for the Naturals, like us.>>

<<What brings you, Grown one? We worry for you.>>

Spoiler: To the Allspire
    Show
    The Atelier Lyrica have bartered a deal with us, and have graciously stepped out of the Equipment market. With this newfound monopoly, one would think to increase our prices, but we know better than to spite our loyal clients. Our rate is still 50 Equipment for 4 Wealth- but buy out our entire line of [200] and we will add in a complimentary 10, free of charge.

How much may we help you this turn?

Spoiler: Internal (GM)
    Show
    ((OOC: So I’d love to sell these folks my Industry, but I’m wondering how to do so, as Industry is pretty equal in value to wealth; hence why I opted for equipment instead originally))
    ((Also, I think the 210 for 16 wealth comes out to13.135 Equip/Wealth? Haha, with all the attacks going on against high industry companies, I’d say Allspire would be pretty solid))

Spoiler: To the Guild
    Show
    Good day!

As good fortune would smile upon us, Dustmire has recently taken leaps and bounds in our factories as of late, and the opportunity has come upon us to fulfill more orders. Furthermore, with the Atelier Lyrica’s recent withdrawal from the Equipment market, you will find no competitor nearly as prepared for production as Dustmire.

We offer you to make purchase of our production lines this month, if you should like an aggressive means for increasing your presence in the marketplace.
    Spoiler: Internal (GM)
    Show
    Same gist as the Allspire as to selling actual Industry vs Equipment

Internal/ (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would hold off my midturn until my deals are finalized- but if the other players do not respond I can go ahead and work on contingencies based on which deals do and do not go through- as to not keep things held up
    Last edited by Devilfish; 2015-02-22 at 06:59 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dawn Syndicate
    Loyalty: 10

Allspire (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would like to requisition 5 units of Blackwire, and potentially 4 more, depending on how some negotiations go. Produced at [Midturn], and received prior to [EoT], or I will pay you at [EoT] for the extra 4.

[OOC: So until I resolve the negotiations in the Docks, I can't pay for anymore than 5 units right now. So I'll get them 8 Wealth produced at EoT, if things fall through.]

Dustmire Dirtlings (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can reassure you the golem will only be used against my enemies, but who that is defined as depends on my contract. Based upon my current situation, it's likely that it will largely be deployed external to the Spire, but that may change in time.

And, regardless, I don't have the Wealth to pay you at this moment. Soonest I can get it to you would be after [EoT], when I have the time to run my factories.

--------------------------------------------

Few would disagree that information was power. Whether the current line of succession of the noble houses, charts of the world outside, or even the current production schedule of the Guild's factories, everything was valuable to someone. Without context, however, it wasn't valuable to everyone. Knowing the closed door politicking of Upper Nobility was useful to the other families, the battleplans of the Reddinfel could aid the other gangs in the powder keg that was the Undercity, but was of little consequence to those hundreds of floors above. Maybe though, maybe that was changing. The Petal Throne was pushing for a universal bureaucracy, the weaker factions of the Undercity were being gobbled up by the strong, the Docks now had the Stone Guard, the first attempt at a uniformed guard force. The great civilizations of the outside world were sending representatives to the city for mutual gain. The Spire was beginning to grow more and more interconnected, internally and externally. No longer could the factions calling it home ignore the other floors, just sitting in ignorance, hiding away with their neighbors. And, hopefully, there was a profit to be made in all this.

Midturn (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    9 Rumors build Grimiores and trade them to Ascaloth for 9 Units Glasteel.

24 Agents, 15 Rumors, and Chas Murin work to develop Dossiers, Tier 4+ Information. Comb through the libraries and old archives, put everything in my own records, then compile related things together in packets. Since this is public knowledge, all I'm doing is sifting through all of it, so there shouldn't be any risk involved.

In part, I want Dossiers to count towards supplanting Shadow's Eye, as well as making me money and being able to trade for other Tier 4+ resources at better rates.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2015-02-22 at 10:58 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Atelier Lyrica

Show
    "Make one of my children in my image, and have that one come and meet you in my stead? Oh, wow. Why didn't I think of that?"

Lyrica wondered aloud to herself, before noticing Loboniva still looking at her. She started, and began flailing her hands as she backtracked.

"But I won't do that, Lord Eryn. Don't worry! If you'd prefer it this way, then I won't do something like that. Ahaha!"

She laughed softly, trotting over and taking the seat that Loboniva had pulled out for her.

"Oh my, Your Majesty is pulling a chair out for me! I feel so honored, ahaha! Yes, my Atelier has been doing quite well lately, and I too hope that Lord Eryn will soon be able to... oh, oh!"

Lyrica suddenly exclaimed, clapping her hands together. It seems that, at length, she had finally remembered her purpose for being here in the first place.

"I nearly forgot, this is about my mentioning I could help with that, right? Alright, ahem. Here goes!"

"So Lord Eryn has been wanting to make a real Imperial bureaucracy, from what Lyrica heard? If so, then Lord Eryn will have to find the right people who are skilled at such work, Lyrica presumes. But here's what I figured; if your predecessor did not manage to implement anything of the sort, even though he had reign over the Spire itself and all that... well, it's probably not going to be the easiest thing to do, I assume?"

At that, Lyrica held up a finger, and beamed as she continued.

"But then it hit me; what if Lord Eryn didn't need to? Or rather, what if he all needed was one of each type of bureaucrat with the right skills for their respective jobs, and then he can get his bureaucracy in double-quick time? And then I thought, with Lyrica helping him, Lord Eryn just could get that!"

"What I'm thinking is, I could create a new type of sister for my present children, and they would be especially skilled in all that paper-pushing you're needing folks to do for you. Scriveners, I think I'll call them. It'll take me some time to set things up so I can synthesize enough of them for your needs, and I'll need particular starting materials not easily obtained to boot."

"But it could be done, and probably still much faster than trying to build an Imperial bureaucracy from scratch. What do you think of that idea, Lord Eryn?"
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Atelier Lyrica [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Eryn moves over to the other chair and sits, leaning back. "Hm... Lower-middle management, with no expectations or ambition. Not too many, just to seed the bureaucracy. That would limit the societal effects while jumpstarting the functioning of the administration and hopefully even raising the bar for early corruptive efforts.

It could work. What do you need for it?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Atelier Lyrica

Show
    "Well, I cannot grant my children the skills necessary for their new role, out of nowhere. They're going to have to come from somewhere. Folks who have developed such talents and abilities over a lifetime, I figure. I can take such experience, duplicate them over a whole bunch of my children, and make them Scriveners that way."

With that, she raised a finger and beamed cheerily, even as she made the request that just might make Eryn Loboniva's skin crawl at the implications.

"So Lord Eryn, perhaps you have certain such individuals in mind? Preferably, I can work best with those who are already condemned to death, but otherwise their skills would go to waste with their bones because of it. Give them to me, and at least this way they can serve both the Petal Throne, as well as their penance, in a constructive way for one last time. I figure the Iron Knights just might have some of those in their gaols."
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Atelier Lyrica [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

"I will make the inquiry, though in my experience people with the skills you require rarely commit crimes, and even more rarely are caught.

How precisely does your method work? It would be unfortunate if, among the skills we want, other unfortunate tendencies were to pass on."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Atelier Lyrica

Show
    "Look for those who specifically used the skills they have to commit their crimes. Embezzling from the Petal Throne, perhaps. Or those who spent more than they could afford on their vices, and are in the slammer because they couldn't pay up. Perhaps Lord Lastor might know some of those, who committed such offenses against the previous Emperor and his relative."

Lyrica said casually, waving her fingers in front of herself.

"And there's no cause of worry there, Lord Eryn! I have the skill to pick and choose from certain portions of an individual's life, and I can certainly make it that my Scriveners have all of the necessary skills, and none of the unfortunate tendencies that sealed the fate of their progenitors in the first place. Or much of any other memories, to be honest. Those are simply unnecessary for the job, after all!"

"To be fair, I don't actually need folks who are condemned, as such. I could just as easily copy the same set of skills from a relatively upstanding fellow, one who might have given you no cause for concern. It's just that, said fellow might not exactly... appreciate, that something he spent his whole life training himself for could be copied so readily. You know?"
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Titan Shipping

Kartesh Nomads to Titan Shipping
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Did you actually put down what you used to get over the mountains. I don't remember.)

The Centurion of Order to Titan Shipping
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is your transportation capacity. Can you transport troops? Are you willing to?

The Dawn Syndicate

Dread Captain Raloph to Dawn Syndicate
    Spoiler
    Show
    Want to see if I'm the captain I claim to be eh. Well I don't blame you. I've got the charts and I'm everything you've heard in the tales and more. (The captain pulls out some sea charts to show.)

As you can see not only have I been as far the Burning Wastes of Ata, but I've also ventured into the Sea of Storms. You won't find any other captain who can say that.

The Allspire to the Dawn Syndicate
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will have your order ready.

The Kaxxix Clan to the Dawn Syndicate
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is a steep price for an uncertain benefit. All the more so as we cannot even be certain of taking that much from the Night Hawks. Instead we offer you a choice. Two rumors guaranteed and we will want to see a noticeable improvement of our reputation in the city. Or we will offer you our half of anything that your supposed helps us gain beyond what we would have done on our own.

The Sentient Entities Union to the Dawn Syndicate
    Spoiler
    Show
    So you, with your well trained armies, are offering to graciously guard our docks while our green guards go into an uncertain fight with the Kaxxix Clan. And you want to be paid for it. That is a deal that we thinks favors one side more than other. If you are looking to attract customers, then you would be better off showcasing your actual skills. In which case why not hire your forces to the Kaxxix directly and fight a noted thieves guild instead of guarding unexceptional warehouses.

We can put a word in with the Allspire, many of our members work for them, and negotiate for you a supply of Blackwire. But in return we want you to guarantee the safety of the Docks. Use as much or as little of your forces as you feel necessary, but that is what the Stone Guard were supposed to be doing. And if they are to be off following some convoluted plan of yours, then you must do their job for them.

The House Forestier to the Dawn Syndicate
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you asking me what my maps are worth? My ancestral maps. Well I'm certainly not going to name a low price. If you wanted a bargain you should have started with your own offer.

I want the records of all the noble houses. Perhaps not all the records. No need to dig up the freshest secrets. But I have a certain penchant for history. I'm trying to create a comprehensive history of the city as a hobby and there are holes. So lets say the history of all the nobles houses that existed at the time from the year 3010 to 3015.

Foreign Ambassadors to the Dawn Syndicate
    Spoiler
    Show
    Venerable Treekin: What need of maps when the plants guide you.

Clockwork Advocate: I will trade you my maps for the plans for a automatic foundry.

Centurion of Order: That is restricted information.

Hooded Philosopher: Maps are mere representations of the real world. I will grace you with one if you can trade a similar represenation of the soul.

Kartesh Nomads: Those who trust maps die in the shifting sands of Kartesh.

The Alabaster Society to the Dawn Syndicate
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are looking for information on the life of one Atermis Kline. Do you have any?

To Atelier Lyrica

The Divine Eye to Atelier Lyrica
    Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free if you wish. But don't feel obligated to keep us abreast of your progress.

The Guild to Atelier Lyrica
    Spoiler
    Show
    We expect to produce 400 equipment this [Turn], but if you wish to delay, then we will likely produce even more in following months.

The Allspire to Atelier Lyrica
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will talk to them. No doubt they will see the benefits as well.

The Allspire to Atelier Lyrica
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Guild is agreeable to a joint opportunity. We are also willing to pay [2 Wealth] to cover any losses you may take for already having started work on your own mark with them.

To Atelier Lyrica
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Sigil trait itself would be marking things. The level of the sigil would control how much equipment it was able to mark each turn. I'm really trying to avoid increasing what a stat can do through traits. Instead the stat itself does whatever it is supposed to do. And the level of the trait determines how much it can do or how well it works.

Much like how the quality sigil can mark out a specific amount of equipment each turn the Curse would affect a certain number of thieves. Or rather every thief who took it would be marked by the curse, but only a certain number of them would actually feel the ill effects. As specified by Lyrica since she has active control over it in the same way that she has control over which of her equipment is affected by the other sigil.

The Guild and Allspire assume that since it is a curse and not something like "Alchemist's Instant Pain" it's a damage over time thing and the thieves wouldn't be affected until well after they had stolen the goods. Lyrica could actually affect the thieves instantly. But she would have to know it was happening some how.

Yes you have 5 Mithril and 7 stories.

The Reddinfel

The Lost Ones to Reddinfel
    Spoiler
    Show
    Our desires have not changed our means have. We have lived in our little part of the Under City for four years. It may be small and poor, but it our home now. We have no desire to leave.

But we can certainly meet for a discussion. We do still desire good relations with the Reddinfel.

The Black Council to the Reddinfel
    Spoiler
    Show
    A black cowled mage appears near Hadran. Perhaps it is Marcone or perhaps not. All the black council mages look the same. "We have no desire for unity. We only wish to live in peace and study our magic. We do not think we could so under your leadership. If nothing else you would require us to wage war on the rest of the Under City."

"Something for you to consider though. Your thugs and hounds may outnumber us here. But while we are fighting who is guarding your own homes."

The Dustmire Dirtlings

The Divine Eye to the Dustmire Dirtlings
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will look forward to our meeting then.

The Clockwork Advocate to the Dustmire Dirtlings
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Advocate expresses surprise that Cecil is willing to spend his time so. It had not expected to find a true master artisan willing to simply learn in this city. But is quite willing to discuss it's knowledge of clockwork automaton in exchange.

The Venerable Treekin to the Dustmire Dirtlings
    Spoiler
    Show
    <<You speak truly.>>

<This is an unnatural place of metal and fetid air.>>

<But that is why I have come. This City can be made to bloom.>>

<It will take time and patience, but I have both in abundance.>>

The Allspire to the Duskmire Dirtlings
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well we accept the deal.

To Dustmire Dirtlings
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Allspire would be willing to offer more than 1 wealth per industry. That was the deal after all. You provide the industry and they use their connections to sell even more than normal.

The Guild to the Dustmire Dirtlings
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, the alchemist is withdrawing from the equipment market. Did she wring any concessions out of you for doing so. We are coming to find that she has made similar to offers to everyone who plays a major part in this market.

There is not much use to either of us if only one player withdraws from the game. We suggest a more aggressive deal. That you, the Allspire, and us form a group to regulate the prices of equipment in this city. No more of this under cutting and competition.

The Argent

To Argent
    Spoiler
    Show
    How much of a tax are you proposing. It makes a difference given that the higher the tax the more convincing it will take to implement.

Spinner Hag

The Dread Captain Raloph to the Grey Hawk
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perfectly acceptable. Especially since I was already planning to give anyone who signed on a cut of the profits. It's what sailors expect. Whether the prize is Maw blubber or ancient treasure.

To Spinner Hag
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have 18 agents.

NPC Conversations

The Alabaster Society to the House of Knowledge
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are looking for books on the life of Atermis Kline. Do you have any?

The Allspire to the Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have been in discussions with Atelier Lyrica about producing a joint brand that would mark our goods as quality products and increase sales beyond our competitors. This seems like it would be of benefit to both of us while not favoring one side or the other.

However miss Springsong has stated that your own group has already negotiated with her to use her own Alchemist mark. So instead we invite you to join in the joint brand. With three of us we can guarantee it's success.

The Guild to Allspire
    Spoiler
    Show
    It sounds like a fine proposal however we have already incurred some costs gearing up for the Alchemist mark.

Allspire to the Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be willing to pay a small reimbursement fee to cover some of those costs. Say [2 Wealth]

The Guild to the Allspire
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is agreeable.

House Forestier to the House of Dres
    Spoiler
    Show
    We note that your business has been increasing of late, but that your house is as little loved as ever. After all who can trust the ones who know all your secrets. However I have no secrets. At least not in this City.

So I am one of the few that can in fact trust you, and as such I propose an alliance. Your knowledge and my magic and wealth. Together we can be a force to be reckoned with.

The Night Hawks to House Florenn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings Honorable Lady Florenn,

I will be honest. My men and I are thieves through and through. But we never caused much harm. We stole yes, but we didn't kill. We didn't murder and maim. But now we are being hunted like rats in a maze.

You on the other hand are well know for being an honorable lady, and loyal to the servants of your house. But still noble, and nobles require somebody to work in the shadows right. We can do that for you. We can spy on your enemies or secure your own flanks. Or even give up our thieving ways and become upright citizens of the city.

Just please save my men from these thugs who call themselves nobles.

Johan aka the Shadow

The Deadmen to the Iron Knights
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you happen to offer training in military tactics?

House of Knowledge to the Silence
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't care if you are a [Incomprehensible Runes] you still need to return "The Love of Green: How to Grow a Garden" And yes I know it was you. No one else in this city can cast a seven sided transpose warp like that.

The Lost Ones to the Lost Ones
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey Mac can you loan me a five coin.

The Lost Ones to the Lost Ones
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jeb, stop using our official letter writing paper for making notes. You know we don't have much of it.

Blast it.

The Black Council to the Deadmen, Kaxxix Clan, League of Fine Tea Makers, and Wasteland Hunters
    Spoiler
    Show
    You may have noticed that all of the Reddinfel are currently besieging our workshops.

The Divine Eye to the Sentient Entities Union
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Seat of the Maker has turned blue.

The Divine Eye to the Iron Knights
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Seat of the Maker has turned blue.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2015-02-26 at 09:00 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Titan Shipping

Gegral sat at his desk again. His paperwork had long ago made its pre-venture migration to shelves and the floor, but his chair was here. As always he had to mentally shuffle around details he thought blessedly settled months ago, and he might as well be sitting. Why the sudden demand for wagons days before he was going to send them off-sight? What made sales partnerships burst from the woodwork when he settled on a final manifest? He swore his job wasn't this complicated when he got it.

Spoiler: internal
    Show

sorry for lateness. People were counting on me submitting something and I hit writers block on flavor text.

maps will be exchanged with the Dawn syndicate with a PM to be used for the transfer
    industry will produce wealth, six of which will be sent to atelier lyrica, and 2 of which will purchase a garden golem from the dustmire
    reputation will assist industry
    knowledge will produce runes

Spoiler: Kartesh Nomads
    Show

I said I used floating wagons to carry stuff over the terrain, their type was never specified. If it had to be one of those two, it was far enough from the Spire that it would have to be the miniature airships.

Spoiler: Centurion of Order
    Show

We have the capacity to move a large number of personnel. We are willing to transport soldiers, but we are more selective where we will transport them.

Last edited by Mabn; 2015-02-24 at 01:42 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163

Dawn Syndicate

Kaxxix Clan (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Agreed. 2 Rumors for the Syndicate, and all of our intelligence assets [OOC: 20 Rumors] will make sure everyone sees your clan has changed its ways.

By the way, the Night Hawks are appealing to House Florren for assistance in this conflict. Should I talk to them?

Reddinfel (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thought you might be interested in this.

[OOC: Attached is a copy of the Black Council's message to the Kaxxix, Deadmen, Hunters, and League.]

Titan Shipping (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: Either you or I can pay for this PM, I don't think I have a need for it any longer. I sent you a PM with the map file.]

Knight-Commander Murin invites a representative from Titan Shipping to the Syndicate base in the Reprisal to discuss plans for the venture this month. Scattered across the table are maps of the areas around the Spire, some clearly waterstained and worn from heavy use on the high seas.

"So let's talk business. You and Dravor are heading to the east to purge the area of pirates to establish a stronghold, and you'd like my assistance. I don't have any airships to offer, so if you run into an enemy fleet, I can't do much to help, but I am certainly capable of dealing with their armies. My rate is [1 Wealth] per Agent, though I would be willing to discuss other manners of payment as a supplement. How many men would you be looking to hire?"

Dread Captain Raloph (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Splendid. I can offer you [4 Agents] for as long as you would need them, but at [1 Wealth] per [Turn].

Sentient Entities Union (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will protect your Docks. And showcasing the skills of the Stone Guard is exactly the reason for this plan. You have a foundation for a patrol of the entire Docks, but you need support from other groups not as closely tied to the project. For that, you need tangible results and data. This fight gives you something to point to and say that the Guard is worth the cost. That they can defend against the likes of the Reddinfel or whatever else this Spire is threatened by. If I joined the Kaxxix, then sure, I could do the same with my services, but I'm a private military contractor. It is the definition of my business that I am good at this, or I wouldn't be here anymore.

The Guard doesn't have that past to draw on. You could continue as you have, garnering support and funding through diplomacy and dealings, and you likely will, but this puts a feather in your cap right at the onset of the patrol's existence. Them serving the interests of the entire City, looking past the prejudices against the Kaxxix, to stomp out a union of organized crime. That doesn't just help the Union, or even the Docks. That's for the good of the whole Spire.

And that will open a lot of doors in expanding the Guard.

Foreign Ambassadors (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Venerable Treekin: Not all of the merchants are able to speak with the plants, and I hope to allow them to rove further. Would you be willing to offer your map for those less in-tune with nature?

Kartesh Nomads: I trust maps no more than I trust walking through the Undercity unarmed. However, it's a start. Would you be willing to give them to me?

House of Knowledge (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

I am looking for a schematic for an automatic foundry and a representation of a soul. Any chance you have those? I can offer Wealth or Information in payment.

[OOC: Clockwork Advocate's and Hooded Philosopher's Requests.]
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2015-02-26 at 11:13 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Titan Shipping

Spoiler: Dawn Syndicate (PM)
    Show

OOC: I was unclear on the concept and specified a PM use for the transfer in my midturn. I suppose this means our map exchange is extra totally secure. I'll send you my maps momentarily, but it seems like I only have one territory you don't. Truly did not expect that (seriously, I've been exploring in a line with most of my stats for two games now).

Gegral leaned over the Knight-Commander's table and gazed at the maps.
    "We will hire [15] and pay for them upfront. Airship battles will occur, but my agents have anti-air combat practice from the first trip, so we'll make sure you earn your keep there. We will begin outpost construction the following month, so if you are still interested in the project you agents may wish to remain in the area to man it."
    Last edited by Mabn; 2015-02-24 at 07:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165

Dawn Syndicate

Titan Shipping (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: Arcane threw yours, mine, and Captain Raloph's together for the file. The eastern 1/3rd or so is from you. I had the 4 hex radius around the Spire, then the coastline from the mountains to the east and desert/beach to the west was from Raloph, so everything else is Titan's.]

"15 Agents it is. The Syndicate will have a fleet next month, so we can assist in protecting the construction. With Speed 4 airships, allowing for a strike range of 2 from whatever fort the Syndicate establishes. I may want to use that to scout the northeastern edge of our continent to better inform my fort placement, though. What location are you intending to construct your base?"

[OOC: And when you say you will pay upfront, does that mean you have 15 Wealth right now that you will give me that I could theoretically spend at EoT? Or you'll produce it this EoT so I have it for next turn?]
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2015-02-26 at 10:22 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166

BlueKnightGuy

An odd pair of orders went out to the floors today.

For the southern kiln, a tall clay golem; sturdy, slender, with life blossoming from every orifice.
    For the furnaces below, a monstrosity of cinderstone; equal parts magma, and promises of fiery death.

The good artificer loves all his creations. But some he loves more than others. Cecil looks from his office to the dirtlings below, and then to the massive floorspace of his new factory, funded by commissions such as these.

He tells himself ‘it will be worth it.’
    He hopes to himself he is right.

His secretary informs him the dignitary of the Steel Hexagon has arrived. He masks himself with a well-practiced smile, and invites his guest in.

Spoiler: midturn
    Show

Industry (25):
    The main event comes this EoT; all that is necessary is the remainder of our necessary funding:

2 Industry produces 50 Equipment for the Spinner Hag
    8 Industry (or 200 equipment) is allotted to Allspire; I can make 16 Wealth off of 200 Industry at my rates- if they can muster anything that close that’d be wonderful
    1 Industry produces a sample Garden Golem for Titan Shipping
    14 Industry produces 15 wealth
    (If the Mithril Bank ends up confirming the order for more equipment, , 2 Industry will go towards making the 50 equipment for them.)
    ((I’m not sure if I’m calculating the Equipment production correctly, but my 25 industry and 16 knowledge should give me a total of 400. I do what is necessary to produce 50 Equipment for the Spinner Hag (unless the Mithril Bank needs another 50))

Knowledge: 16
    Produce 3 more runes. I am holding onto these runes as well as my allotted wealth until the EoT.

VIP: Level 12.5
    **DUSTMIRE-STEEL HEXAGON COMBO**:

Cecil joins the Clockwork advocate in joint discussion, research, and postulation, as to boost both their knowledges; 2 VIP’s working towards the same goal.

((Ah, another weak post; my apologies all around))

17. - Top - End - #167

Dawn Syndicate

Dustmire Dirtlings (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm looking to buy a large quantity of Equipment, either this [EoT], or [next turn]. How much could you hypothetically produce?
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2015-02-25 at 03:58 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

BlueKnightGuy

The Dustmire Dirtlings [Loyalty 10]:

Show

Our... Maximum?

While our factory still has a few pending orders,
    And though it is not our maximum,
    We can allot 250 Equipment towards your next order.

However, with your current tab for the Helios Golem, we hope you do not take offense in asking how you intend to fund this commission?
    (Or more importantly- what ever the commission is for?)
    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    You wouldn't be getting my hopes up just to find out how much Industry I have, would ya?

Spoiler: To the Venerable Treekin
    Show

<<It is noble to make green the world. My kin have already done so outside the city>>

<<But it is an arid place, and your children will be a withered progeny.>>

<<We have tried.>>

<<...>>

<<...>>

<<And that is why we endeavor.>>

<<We dream of a day where we may settle in a place of our own.>>

<<A place meant for us, not made for us by long and laborious years- as the world lashes back in protest.>>

<<You seek to carve an oasis, Treekin.>>

<<We seek to find our Eden.>>

<<Will you not join us instead? And make with us a Haven for all Naturals of the world?>>

Mop Bot to the Silence
    Spoiler
    Show

Mop-Bot retreats into a dark alley, as though to catch its breath. It holds still for 30 seconds, before trembling all over!

Input:
    • ⊜_⊜
    • That is it.
    • That is IT.
    • I have HAD IT with everyone scaring me
    • And Father installing an accessory mop between my legs to sweep as I run away!
    • Show yourself, Silence!
    • I am calling you out!! (`Д´)

Spoiler
    Show
    ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻
    Last edited by Devilfish; 2015-02-25 at 06:34 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169

Dawn Syndicate

Dustmire Dirtlings (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: That's not my primary goal, no. ]

Fair enough. I am building an airship fleet to establish a fort outside of the Spire. The vessels I have already ordered, I need components for the ground construction. [Which is represented by Equipment with how I'm doing it]

As for paying, my own factories produce [10 Wealth] or [50 Equipment] a month, so buying from a more efficient producer is an obvious choice, and I have some contracts that will earn me more.

So, hypothetically, what price do you put on [250 Equipment]?

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Midturn 2

Mechanical Matters

Atelier Lyrica
    Spoiler
    Show
    The alchemist works her magic and does her experiments. She produces a mark of swirling lines and jagged edges. It almost seems to be alive as it hums over anything it is placed on. Judging it and evaluating worth.

Gain 11 Grimoires.
    Gain 4 Glasteel
    Gain 70 Equipment
    Gain 5 Wealth
    Gain 3 Runes

To Dawn Syndicate
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Syndicate's best clerks comb through the documents retrieved from the Shadow's Eye. They gather data on all manner of subjects and compile extremely detailed dossiers on various matters about the City. Chas Murin himself is a whirlwind of activity as he puts together reports and overseers the entire operation to ensure that as much information as possible is gathered for future reference.

Gain 9 Glasteel.
    Gain 46 Dossiers.

To the Spinner Hag
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grey Hawk goes out among the disenfranchised and the desperate. The soldiers who couldn't handle the Iron Knights and the thugs of the Undercity who want a better life. He talks to them of glory, and fortune, and a place to belong. And he returns to the company with quite a number of new recruits.

Gain 48 Equipment.

To the Argent
    Spoiler
    Show
    (I'm not sure if you saw this so I will ask again.

How much of a tax are you proposing. It makes a difference given that the higher the tax the more convincing it will take to implement.)

Gain 1 Rune
    Gain 12 Wealth

To Titan Shipping
    Spoiler
    Show
    A hulking golem makes its way to the Titan Docks. On its back are terraced plants carefully tended by the golem itself. But this is merely the largest of the purchases the shipping company has made. Calling on its resources and contacts it has amassed a great wealth of goods and gear to help it trade for a better profit in the future.

Gain 6 Wealth
    Gain 10 Equipment
    Gain 2 Glasteel
    Gain 3 Runes

To Dustmire Dirtlings

Spoiler
    Show
    The Clockwork Advocate is knowledge about many things. Not only blueprints for advanced automaton, but also politics, gardening, and rumors as the conversation flows to a variety of topics. Cecil leaves the meeting feeling not only refreshed, but full of bright new knowledge percolating in his brain.

Gain 24 Wealth
    Gain 110 Equipment.
    Gain 3 Runes

(You are correct that 25 industry at your knowledge level produces 400 equipment. How 2 industry does not produce 50 equipment. Nor does 8 industry produce 200.)

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

The Feline Grace
    The Fleshwarpers are known for their dogs, but not every one is a dog person. Some people think they are brutish or ugly. Some people prefer the grace of cats or the way they can single handily exterminate an entire vermin population. Those people tend not to buy from the Fleshwarpers.

However the Fleshwarpers can as easily modify one animal as another so in the last few weeks they have been offering their latest creations. More graceful, more efficient, and guaranteed to always land on their feet these animals are a stark difference from the previous Fleshwarper animals. And of course if some person wants something a bit more intimidating than a mere house cat, then the Fleshwarper war dogs are no longer their only options. Massive sleek things the war cats are guaranteed to be able to decapitate a man with a single swipe. And the rumored assassination model can slip into the most quietly secured compounds.

But that's only a rumor.

The Details of the City
    The word in the streets and shafts of the city is that the Dawn Syndicate is offering a new level of information. Not just general rumors and random bits of possibly important information, but carefully compiled reports about anything in the city. Dossiers that specifically target what you need to know rather than piles of material that may or may not be useful.

Quality Assurance
    Do you buy goods from a reputable dealer? Do you want a quality product and the best gear in the City? But you don't have time to inspect each and every shop in the city. You aren't an expert at sword smithing or cloth weaving. How can you know what products are of genuine quality.

Well look no further than the "Merchant's Mark."

[The letters AAG in a circle are printed on the broadsheet.]

Sponsored by the leading merchants of the city products marked with the Merchant's Mark are guaranteed to be of the highest value. Each piece has been tested by professionals so you don't have to.

So look for the "Merchant's Mark" on your goods today.

-Sponsored by the Allspire.

The Rough and Ready Recruits
    The Grey Hawk, leader of the Spinner Hag, is recruiting for his mercenary band. For those with the skill to fight it offers a secure position and a solid career. Many have joined, but more flock to the taverns hoping to find a recruitment officer, or even the Grey Hawk himself.

Shadows Letters
    The House of Dres is offering a new service. For a mere [2 Wealth] they offer copies of the correspondence of anyone in the city.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2015-02-26 at 11:58 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172

Dawn Syndicate

Fleshwarper's Guild (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you happen to have a catalog of your products? I intend to diversify my martial forces, and your creations intrigue me.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Atelier Lyrica

Spoiler: To Allspire and the Guild
    Show
    Oooh, okay! I guess I should redesign the Seal to the AAG logo, then? Or is that something you'll be placing alongside, or on top of, my Quality Control Sigil?

And I'll take the [2 WEL] too, thanks! You'll be happy to hear that progress on the Sigil is going well, and it should be ready for implementation by this [EoT]. Might need to do a bit more work on it if only to make sure I can handle the volume, but otherwise all is good!

Speaking of which, about the Curse. It's not something that activates only after the dastardly deed is done like I think you might have mistaken it for, but rather it can work instantly as long as the user is aware of the theft. Thus, I can market this capability to those of our customers who chose to buy Equipment with the Merchant's Mark. What do you think?

With love,
    Lyrica Springsong

Spoiler: Internal (PM)
    Show
    Okay. So now that it's produced, do I now know how effective the [Quality Control Sigil] Trait will be?

Also, is it possible to make it look like the AAG logo?

I think I should have 6.5 x 16 = 104 Equipment. The 10 Equipment I sent to Titan Shipping, and the 10 I allocated to Lyrica, were taken from the leftover inventory of 20 from the last EoT.

Also, Titan Shipping should have sent me 6 WEL, instead of 5.

Plus, what happened to my Industry building action?

A new idea; I'm thinking of researching a Tier 4+ Food item; Ambrosia. It should be exceptionally nutritious and tasty, and very appealing to the nobility as a delicacy. Possibly useful for researching the future [Cloning Vats] Trait too (food source for developing Homonculi). What do I have to do to make that happen?
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

ArcaneStomper [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, I don't know enough of the economic situation (nor enough economics as a field) to optimize this in numbers. However, I want the tax to be fairly minor, something that doesn't hurt almost any of the targets to pay, but still not entirely a symbolic one. On a scale from 1 to 10 where 1 is lip service and 10 is a full-on revolt-inducing tyranny, a 3,5.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175

BlueKnightGuy

The Dustmire Dirtlings (Loyalty 10):

Show
    At a rate of 4 wealth per 50 equipment, I must admit that cost quite surmountable! However...

...this fort is
    good in our eyes. In the future, should I make venture outside spire city, it would be a welcome place to stop and resupply at.

I propose an alternate means of payment, to make this a reality: Provide us with a Rune per [100 Equipment] of your costs; either [2 runes] and [4 wealth] for the order of [250 Equipment,] or [3 runes] and [2 Wealth] for the equipment
    as well the Golem.

Would this be easier for you? We are excited to fill your order!
    Genuinely,
    -Cecil
    Last edited by Devilfish; 2015-02-28 at 07:09 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Titan Shipping
    Spoiler: The Kartesh Nomads
    Show
    We will purchase your floating boats if you also train our handlers in the use of your vessels.

Spoiler: The Centurion of Order
    Show
    Then we may be interested in your services. Our own airships are lacking in their ability to transport reliably. How much would you charge to transport three legions. [6 Agents]

The Dawn Syndicate
    Spoiler: The Kaxxix Clan
    Show
    What is House Floreen saying in return?

Spoiler: Captain Raloph
    Show
    Then I am willing to pay you [4 wealth] now, and the remainder when we return. My current plans are to leave once I have hired [20 agents] for my crew.

Spoiler: Sentient Entities Union
    Show
    Very well we send the Guard and see what happens.

Spoiler: Venerable Treekin
    Show
    I can speak with the plants. And such I do not have a need for maps. And what I do not need I do not carry with me. I would be willing to tell your scribes what I know, but I would require a favor in exchange. I believe you are known to the Duskmen. I wish for them to sell me their gardens in the City. Even though they are not using them now I would not wish anyone to say I had done things improperly.

Spoiler: Kartesh Nomads
    Show
    The maps of our children then. We do not need them, but still you are asking for them so they must have value to you. What do you offer for our knowledge.

Spoiler: The House of Knowledge
    Show
    We have what you seek, but our standard price is [1 Wealth] for unattended access to our libraries. We can have one of our own librarians assist you in finding what you are looking for, for an additional [2 Wealth] per librarian.

Spoiler: Fleshwarper Guild
    Show
    We have a standard catalog as it were. A variety of breeds and species for which we ask [1 Wealth] for a simple pet. [2 Wealth] for one trained for guarding. But those are merely what we sell to the common merchants and nobles. Surely and organization of elite mercenaries such as your self is after something customized for your needs.

The Dustmire Dirtlings
    Spoiler: The Venerable Treekin
    Show
    <<I do not need to find an Eden. For I come from a forest of bounty and life.>>

<<I do not seek to water this tower for my own sake. But for it's residents.>

<<All should know the joys of the natural things after all.>>

Spoiler: Mop Bot
    Show
    A swirl of energy appears beneath the Mop Bot and pulls it under with a plop.

The automaton finds itself in a dimension of light and strobing colors. Before it is an entity which is either the size of mountain or smaller than beetle. Perspective shifts and turns strangely here.

The Mop Bot feels a terrible gaze look at it, and through it, and past it. Information streams by on every side. Somehow tangible, but incomprehensible. The unfathomable entity speaks without words.

"Access Granted"

Atelier Lyrica
    Spoiler: Allspire and the Guild
    Show
    We were thinking that the logo itself would be the brand, but if that is not possible then the Merchant's mark and the actual magical sigil could be applied separately. Although we should also be aware that counterfeiters will seek to create forgeries eventually.

For the Curse we still do not see the value to our own operations. Usually when thieves steal they do so without our knowledge. That is somewhat the entire point of stealing. We would only find out once the next inventory had been done.

Spoiler: Internal
    Show
    Currently it can work on small batches, but for the kind of volume that the Guild or Allspire can put out your sigil is not sufficient. And that's alone not combined.

You can force the sigil to conform to any shape you want. Though it has a tendency to try and form more eldritch shapes.

The numbers you see in your EoT are not quite what I have on my sheet. I do rounding to make them look nicer. And I only use whole numbers. So you only produced 90 equipment.

Titan Shipping did send you 6 wealth. However producing stats with resources also costs [1 Wealth] for labor costs and new recruits.

You gained 4 industry from all this, but I didn't mention it because it won't be available until next turn.

Just say you're researching it and put some resources towards it. I'm not making 4+ things hard to design as the costs and benefits are integrated into the actual resources.

Now a Tier 5 resources would be something more involved.

The Argent
    Spoiler: Internal
    Show
    Once the accountants and tax collectors are done they assess that future tax revenues are currently slated to bring in 5 wealth per month. (Note that this is slated to go right back out to the Iron Knights.)

NPC to NPC
    Spoiler: The House of Knowledge to the Alabaster Society
    Show
    We do indeed and we will be happy to lend a librarian to aid you in referencing them for a nominal fee.

Spoiler: Deadmen to the House of Dres
    Show
    We wish to purchase your correspondence services.

Spoiler: The Alabaster Society to the House of Dres
    Show

Spoiler: Pit Fighters Association to the House of Dres
    Show

Spoiler: The House of Dravor to the House of Dres
    Show

Spoiler: The Guild to the House of Dres
    Show

Spoiler: The Atheist League, League of Fine Tea Makers, and the Coalition to the House of Dres
    Show
    We are willing to pay [3 wealth] to collectively purchase your correspondence services. We are also willing to pay more for information on the Reddinfel.

Spoiler: Allspire to the House of Dres
    Show

Spoiler: The House of Dres to the House of Forestier
    Show
    You are correct business is going to quite well for us. You are also correct that we foresee elements of the city reacting poorly to our success. Perhaps we should discuss the matter in a more private setting.

Spoiler: House of Dres and House Forestier (PM)
    Show
    (You shouldn't be reading this. But if you want to know what is going in here then you are going to have use some spies and let me know.)

Spoiler: House Florenn to the Night Hawks
    Show
    And what sort of guarantee that you won't simply abscond with my House's guild once the current threat to your lives is gone. Perhaps if you are truly serious you might be willing to submit yourselves to a tracking spell by the mages of my house.

Spoiler: Iron Knights to the Deadmen
    Show
    We do. Normally only to people of assured loyalty to the city. But despite your unlife and what others might say we have never had cause to doubt your own beliefs. Let us discuss further details.

Spoiler: The Silence to the House of Knowledge
    Show
    The wind wills as the wind wills. And whatever the sea wishes shall be done. A siphon of whispers is finished in its due time. But time is ever fleeting and wanting more.

Spoiler: The Sentient Entities Union to the Divine Eye
    Show
    We will send for the Oracle.

Spoiler: The Iron Knights to the Divine Eye
    Show
    We will stay alert as we always are.

(OOC: As always if I missed anyone's message let me know.)

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Atelier Lyrica

Spoiler: To the Guild and Allspire
    Show
    So the trick is to make it such that you'd know instantly, if people are touching your stuff without your permission. Gotcha! Lyrica will work on the gap, and figure something out!

Here's a progress update; the Sigil has been developed, but I'll need to improve on it further if I'm to be able to mark both of your entire outputs. This is costing me quite a bit, don't you know! So, maybe it's about time we start talking costs. Do you suppose I could get [1 WEL] for every [50 Equipment] I mark?

With love,
    Lyrica Springsong
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

The Spinner Hag
    Loyalty: 20

Spoiler: The Dustmire Dirtlings
    Show

Mister Earthcraft,
    Thank you for the latest shipment. If theres anything we can ever do for you, everyone here is willing to help you out.

Hawk

Spoiler: Captain Raloph
    Show

Then we have an agreement, Captain Raloph. You'll have your [Agents] by [EoT]

The Grey Hawk

"Is mise tusa... Is tusa mise... Ón bhfarraige d'anam, tháinig mé..."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    A scientist never needs a reason to set something on fire.
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

29. - Top - End - #179

Dawn Syndicate

Dustmire Dirtlings (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does [3 Runes] and [2 Wealth] include 50 of the Golem's Cores? Or just the [250 Equipment]?

Kaxxix Clan (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The House is demanding a tracking spell be placed on the thieves to prevent them from targeting Florenn's guilds before offering any theoretical assistance.

Venerable Treekin (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    That I can do.

[OOC: Now how do I do that? ]

Kartesh Nomads (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can offer payment. You could purchase things while here on the Spire from the corporations. Anything in particular you're looking for?

Titan Shipping (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm currently bartering for maps from the Treekin, Kartesh Nomads, Hooded Philosopher, and House Forestier. I feel it'd be fair to request you pay half of the costs involved in these requests in exchange for the maps. Would you agree?

I'm primarily asking now because the situation may arise where the Nomads ask for payment from me to pay you for your carts, and then you would reimburse me half. Seems easier to just negotiate a discount and keep me from having to transfer money back around.

House of Knowledge (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    While I'm at it, I'm also interested in the histories of all noble families from 3010 to 3015. All together, how many librarians do you think I would need to hire to find all of these things?

And you would only accept [Wealth]? Not equivalent value in [Dossiers]?

[OOC: House Forestier, Hooded Philosopher, and Clockwork Advocate map payments. I'm assuming I'm basically hiring Agents to spy on things for Secrets? Might be easier to do this myself next midturn.]

Fleshwarpers Guild (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm already purchasing something for combat from the Dirtlings, so I suppose an infiltrator-type beast would be what I'd prefer. A supplement to a covert team either engaging in surveillance, sabotage, or similar wetwork. What would the best you can make cost?

Sentient Entities Union (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: I never named a specific price for these guys, just that I wanted Blackwire out of the arrangement. How much of that am I getting just from the Union/Stone Guard?]
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2015-03-01 at 08:07 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

BlueKnightGuy

The Dustmire Dirtlings (loyalty 10):

Show
    ((OOC: I'm afraid I miscaluclated how easy it is for me to make equipment, and I've bitten off more than I can chew on orders; I can't make additional 50 Equipment for the molten cores this turn =/. But I'd hate to turn you away disappointed; If you'd like, we could throw in 25 Equipment from our own supplies as a token of good will for now, and you could buy the remaining 25 off of us for 2 wealth next turn.))

Spoiler: To the Spinner Hag
    Show
    "Anything..." Cecil echoes curiously.
    - - -

Grey,

We are fortunate enough that right now, a great quiet has come over the city. It has given us time to finish our commissions... and begin our own project.

And in that, your aid, will prove invaluable.

NOTICE:
    *The Spinner Hag is hereby declared to be among Dustmire's invested interests.
    *Any hostile action towards The Spinner Hag will result in the immediate and indefinite discontinuation of equipment and artifice sales against the offending party.
    *Equipment and Artifice sales will be offered at a discount for any party which recovers the Spinner Hag's damages from the offending party.

Thank you, and enjoy your day!

Spoiler: To the Spinner Hag (part 2)
    Show
    So long as we are not in danger, any guardian golems [Agents] we have are at your disposal. Name any ambitions you may have, and we will do what we can to assist them.

In return;

Help us amass as much industry, wealth, or runes as you may.

I look forward to speaking privately to you next month. It is finally a relief to have a confidant in our plan.

Welcome to the big show, Hawk.
    -Cecil

Mop Bot:
    Spoiler: To the Silence
    Show
    It is a great mystery to many of the dustmire golems why Mop Bot was given the rare gift of sentience. Some would suggest it may be cathartic to the artificer to imbue an aspect of himself in the occasional creation; and those who do would suggest Mop Bot received the gifts of Cecil's profound cowardice and paranoia. And indeed, those are the first instincts evoked from the moment that Mop Bot dropped through the rabbit hole.

But after seeing the Silence himself...

• Output: _
    • This...
    • This is amazing!! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ
    • I can be *H-U-G-E* here! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    • Oh thank you- Thank you!

Mop bot tries to hug the Silence, who is too massive to wrap his arms around. A second Mop Bot tries in futility to complete the hug from behind.

• Can you make me big like this in the city?
    • Master would be so proud of me!
    • I could mop so many things!

Last edited by Devilfish; 2015-03-01 at 10:20 PM.