New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Snowfall: Equestria - A Snow Day in the Winterland [IC]

Snow Eyes steps back up to the shut down Sweetie Bot. Adjusts her pack, weight doesn't feel quite right, and stares at the little robot. She was not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination and she wasn't sure what to do here. This was so hard to figure out.
    (2d6+1)[5]
    Edit: that was to read a sitch, but alas, it was not to be.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2015-04-11 at 01:27 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    "Wishing Well," a mare spoke up from within the crowd.

The instigating mare, whose name appeared to be Wishing Well, looked around as the other mare pushed her way through the crowd. "Wide Eye? You're coming along?"

"You bet I am," the mare replied as she caught up.

Wishing nodded. Several others joined as well, and soon the infirmary was stuffed full of ponies, most of which were definitely there out of curiosity now. The crowd outside thinned a bit, but many remained behind.

Charger was checking out each of her legs, dancing a bit from hoof to hoof. She waved a hoof for you to go on with your work. "I'm fine," she said. "I have an errand to run, then I'll be back, don't worry," she said and started towards the door, her face set in a determined expression. There was something a little different about her. Maybe it was just grogginess, though.

Eclipse was getting really lively for a pony shot full of chillstabs. It seemed your suspicions about her being infected like Bell Bottom may have been right, the way she was still kicking.
    "Charger?" Angel looked up. "Charger, no, wait... Charger!" Angel swore as she saw Charger leaving, unable to stop her with her hooves full with trying to help keep Eclipse down. "Damnit!"

She wanted to go after Charger and force her to stay. She seemed fine but there was something... no, it was probably nothing. And she was unlikely to get another chance to treat Eclipse if she let her go now. She was by far the greater danger here and had to be the priority. As much as Angel just wanted to throw all this to the wind and focus entirely on making sure Charger was alright, it wasn't the rational thing to do. So with her trademark scowl she focused on holding down Eclipse and firing up the CRI.
    "For love is no part of the dreamworld. Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel."
    ~ Neil Gaiman

"Just because I'm sorry doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it at the time."
    ~ Snow Patrol

3. - Top - End - #303
    Colossus in the Playground

Then this isn't so unfamiliar. Eclipse's drugged body doesn't respond too happily to being moved around. You can sort of manage, but with Angel and her two assistants all there to tie you down, you wager you may not make it far. You can sort of talk, though it's slurred, and you can make slightly uncoordinated gestures.

Also, Angel certainly has something that would counter the drug and get you back on your legs, if you could convince her to give it to you, but perhaps you don't want to run off with the pony she went to such lengths to examine?

What do you do, then?
    "Wide Eye!" Charger whispered, beckoning the mare over and whispering to her quietly so that Angel couldn't hear her. "Do me a favour. Take some ponies and lock Charger up, just for a few hours until I'm back on my hooves and can talk to her myself. Knock her out if you have to. Trust me about this, it's important."

Manipulate: 13
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2015-04-12 at 12:24 AM.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    That's a mighty troubling sight. But before we get into the sticky mess of what happens next, I've got one more question.

[Spending last hold: What's my enemy's true position?]
    You have two enemies right now, and this relates to your earlier question of your best way out.

The web itself is your enemy, and it is all around you, and you are in it. It's like a web of dreams, and it is alive. It doesn't exist in a single place, but within the minds of many. Your way out is to overcome your fears and escape the web, escape the dream ...

Except, Charger stole your body. The thief. Her mind's inhabiting your head right now in the physical world, and that's preventing you from escaping this web of nightmares and waking up in your proper body. That, and the drugs of course, but Charger is the more immediate concern.

If you could find a vacant body, you may be able to inhabit it and return to the real world. Sadly, something already beat you to Charger's own body. Otherwise ... well, you tell me?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Snow Eyes steps back up to the shut down Sweetie Bot. Adjusts her pack, weight doesn't feel quite right, and stares at the little robot. She was not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination and she wasn't sure what to do here. This was so hard to figure out.
    [roll0]
    Edit: that was to read a sitch, but alas, it was not to be.
    You could always find a mechanic. There's a pony, what was her name? Oh yes, Scrapper. Expert on broken old tech, and a friend of Angel's too. Do you know her personally?

You may have to haul the robot with you out of here, unless you wish to drag the mechanic out here instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    "Wide Eye!" Charger whispered, beckoning the mare over and whispering to her quietly so that Angel couldn't hear her. "Do me a favour. Take some ponies and lock Charger up, just for a few hours until I'm back on my hooves and can talk to her myself. Knock her out if you have to. Trust me about this, it's important."

Manipulate: 13
    Wide Eye snuck up to you while Angel was busy looking at the CRI. She looked around at where Charger's tail was disappearing out the door. "Can do," she said.

I'm inclined to say there's no manipulation here, or are you offering her something?

Quote Originally Posted by Elanorin View Post
    "Charger?" Angel looked up. "Charger, no, wait... Charger!" Angel swore as she saw Charger leaving, unable to stop her with her hooves full with trying to help keep Eclipse down. "Damnit!"

She wanted to go after Charger and force her to stay. She seemed fine but there was something... no, it was probably nothing. And she was unlikely to get another chance to treat Eclipse if she let her go now. She was by far the greater danger here and had to be the priority. As much as Angel just wanted to throw all this to the wind and focus entirely on making sure Charger was alright, it wasn't the rational thing to do. So with her trademark scowl she focused on holding down Eclipse and firing up the CRI.
    Your two assistants strap down Eclipse, and together you fire up the machine, adjusting the advanced piece of pre-winter machinery. It begins to hum and the arrays of magical crystals begin to glow.

Eclipse, this is your body they're looking at. What do they find? Anything unexpected, unusual? Or have the spiders got you like they got Bell Bottom?

5. - Top - End - #305

Wide Eye snuck up to you while Angel was busy looking at the CRI. She looked around at where Charger's tail was disappearing out the door. "Can do," she said.

I'm inclined to say there's no manipulation here, or are you offering her something?
    If I get it for free that's fine - I was thinking the offer would be along the lines of 'Eclipse would be personally grateful for you doing this properly'. If these ponies would straight up do this for Eclipse no questions asked, hey, good to know - but if so, can I keep my 11 for something else?

E: I'd also be down for using the manipulate to get the most qualified pony(s) for this to go along with.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2015-04-12 at 08:10 AM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

And suddenly Snow Eyes is considering inventive ways to get w pony alone to duck out their blood. Great, just great. Really spectacular. She had the presence of mind still to consider her sudden blood craving less than natural, but then again maybe Charger or Jade could assist with a non-lethal donation later. Right, robot, not sudden vampirism. She had no idea what to do, she was hurt, and there were crystals. It was high time to make like a Fluttershy and leaf.

She hefted the nonfunctional robot and started tromping her way out of the forest.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Your two assistants strap down Eclipse, and together you fire up the machine, adjusting the advanced piece of pre-winter machinery. It begins to hum and the arrays of magical crystals begin to glow.

Eclipse, this is your body they're looking at. What do they find? Anything unexpected, unusual? Or have the spiders got you like they got Bell Bottom?
    Angel, I'm assuming you were smart enough to slip the ice caster off of Eclipse's leg, otherwise you're definitely seeing a giant blob of metal on her leg. As far as less obvious foreign objects go, your scan turns up a little shard of metal, tucked away within her layers of coats. If you dig it out of the pocket its hiding in, you'll find yourself with an old, torn scrap of golden-colored metal. Despite the long years and the harsh cold, it's got a good shine to it. Hard stuff, too. Eclipse has been taking good care of it. Perhaps its a keepsake? A trophy? A badge of some sort? Hard to say.

But as for what you're really interested in? The metal parasite that you're positive lives somewhere in the poor mare's body?

The scan comes back completely clean. No metal in this pony. Terribly sorry.

Now, it's worth mentioning here that Eclipse still hadn't seen to her burns before she was ambushed. She took pains to cover them up, and they won't be showing up on your scans, so unless you inspect her yourself Angel you still don't know they're there. Charger, your body's been so shot up full of drugs you don't feel the ache in your wings and legs. If you get some antidote for those chillstabs, then yeah you'll be able to feel them.

Except, Charger stole your body. The thief. Her mind's inhabiting your head right now in the physical world, and that's preventing you from escaping this web of nightmares and waking up in your proper body. That, and the drugs of course, but Charger is the more immediate concern.

If you could find a vacant body, you may be able to inhabit it and return to the real world. Sadly, something already beat you to Charger's own body. Otherwise ... well, you tell me?
    One hoof in front of the other. One enemy at a time. And right now, Eclipse had to get out.

You have two enemies right now, and this relates to your earlier question of your best way out.

The web itself is your enemy, and it is all around you, and you are in it. It's like a web of dreams, and it is alive. It doesn't exist in a single place, but within the minds of many. Your way out is to overcome your fears and escape the web, escape the dream ...
    A very wise pony once said that courage is not the absence of fear. It is the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

Eclipse locked her gaze on Snow Eyes, heedless of the light and fire. She breathed out, and her breath came in a cloud of vapor. The air around her stopped wavering, then started steaming as a solid wall of cold met the onslaught of heat. The silk cracked and fell away, magnificent wings of ice growing in its place.

And all the while, she sang.

I know
    Hope has not forgotten me
    I know
    I'm waking from the longest dream
    I know...
    I know...
    I know...
    I KNOW

With one, mighty flap, she dove into the sun, plucked out a doomed pony, and carried them both into tomorrow.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2015-04-12 at 01:54 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

If I get it for free that's fine - I was thinking the offer would be along the lines of 'Eclipse would be personally grateful for you doing this properly'. If these ponies would straight up do this for Eclipse no questions asked, hey, good to know - but if so, can I keep my 11 for something else?

E: I'd also be down for using the manipulate to get the most qualified pony(s) for this to go along with.
    Wide Eye paused, then smirked. "I know just the ponies, but I'm gonna tell them the job's for you." She turned and headed for the door, wasting no time.

One hoof in front of the other. One enemy at a time. And right now, Eclipse had to get out.

A very wise pony once said that courage is not the absence of fear. It is the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

Eclipse locked her gaze on Snow Eyes, heedless of the light and fire. She breathed out, and her breath came in a cloud of vapor. The air around her stopped wavering, then started steaming as a solid wall of cold met the onslaught of heat. The silk cracked and fell away, magnificent wings of ice growing in its place.

And all the while, she sang.

I know
    Hope has not forgotten me
    I know
    I'm waking from the longest dream
    I know...
    I know...
    I know...
    I KNOW

With one, mighty flap, she dove into the sun, plucked out a doomed pony, and carried them both into tomorrow.
    Spoiler: The Roll
    Show
    I got me a solid 4.
    Seering white-hot plasma filled your world, so incredibly, intensely hot it defied description. Flesh and blood evaporated from your bones in a bright flash, and liquid heat sloshed around blackened bones until they too were nothing but burning gasses.

The world cools, it seems to take an eternity. You wake up, cold and hard, a lump of inert metal in the ashes of the fire. A tiny little *beep boop* keeps repeating every so often by your side.

Congratulations, Eclipse. You're now haunting a lovely little pile of largely broken robotics, but it's not so bad is it? You get to piggyback Snow Eyes! Hi ho, Silver!

And suddenly Snow Eyes is considering inventive ways to get w pony alone to duck out their blood. Great, just great. Really spectacular. She had the presence of mind still to consider her sudden blood craving less than natural, but then again maybe Charger or Jade could assist with a non-lethal donation later. Right, robot, not sudden vampirism. She had no idea what to do, she was hurt, and there were crystals. It was high time to make like a Fluttershy and leaf.

She hefted the nonfunctional robot and started tromping her way out of the forest.
    The way back was long and full of annoying traps and pests, but a strange calm seemed to have fallen over the former botanical gardens. It felt like the calm before a storm.

You finally stumble out of the wilderness and back into the cold, frozen streets of Windbreak. The tense calm has spread to the city as well.

9. - Top - End - #309

Wide Eye paused, then smirked. "I know just the ponies, but I'm gonna tell them the job's for you." She turned and headed for the door, wasting no time.
    That was good! She had ideas. Not plans yet. Maybe plans soon - or even schemes. She wanted to get to them as soon as possible.

She turned her head slightly to give Jade a look that said she'd better be done fast.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Seering white-hot plasma filled your world, so incredibly, intensely hot it defied description. Flesh and blood evaporated from your bones in a bright flash, and liquid heat sloshed around blackened bones until they too were nothing but burning gasses.
    Well.

That wasn't quite what she meant to do.

Bit late to say 'oops' now.

The world cools, it seems to take an eternity. You wake up, cold and hard, a lump of inert metal in the ashes of the fire. A tiny little *beep boop* keeps repeating every so often by your side.

Congratulations, Eclipse. You're now haunting a lovely little pile of largely broken robotics, but it's not so bad is it? You get to piggyback Snow Eyes! Hi ho, Silver!
    Step one of regaining consciousness; assess your injuries and your surroundings. Or in this case, first law of robot bootup?

She tried to see...well, anything for starters. Maybe look at that beeping sound. She breathed in, and tried to smell. She wiggled her legs, and tried to feel. She - very quietly - cleared her throat, and tried to whisper. "Test. Test. She sells seashells by the seashore. Test."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2015-04-13 at 08:21 AM.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yes, Angel, forgetful old me. While it does appear like Eclipse's body is clear of any metal parasites, as Crystalshy turns off the scanner you catch a brief glimmer in the air above her, like a spider's thread of silk caught briefly in light at just the right angle. Waving a hoof back and forth over her body reveals that it's not a physical thread, but you swear you saw it for a second anyway.

Step one of regaining consciousness; assess your injuries and your surroundings. Or in this case, first law of robot bootup?

She tried to see...well, anything for starters. Maybe look at that beeping sound. She breathed in, and tried to smell. She wiggled her legs, and tried to feel. She - very quietly - cleared her throat, and tried to whisper. "Test. Test. She sells seashells by the seashore. Test."
    Through sheer force of will you manage to wriggle a few random appendages. You could probably do a bit more with practice, but really, this scrapheap is hella broken and totally drained of juice. It would be so much easier if it was in proper repair and fully charged.

You do manage to speak through the speakers - or something, you're not really sure how haunting a robot exactly works. It's your own voice too, though, complete with spooky echoes.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Congratulations, you get to see Snow Eyes do her best impression of a grasshopper, complete with a frightened leap into the air many times her own body height. At least that's what it felt like when she heard the ghostly voice of Eclipse coming out of the robot on her back. She spun around, looking up and down the streets. "Eclipse!? What the hell, that wasn't funny. Where are you?"
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Congratulations, you get to see Snow Eyes do her best impression of a grasshopper, complete with a frightened leap into the air many times her own body height. At least that's what it felt like when she heard the ghostly voice of Eclipse coming out of the robot on her back. She spun around, looking up and down the streets. "Eclipse!? What the hell, that wasn't funny. Where are you?"
    Trust me; it's a lot less entertaining when you're a paralyzed hunk of junk along for the ride. So much for trying not to startle her.

"Stop jumping around and look behind you; I'm in the robot." She said in the most authoritative voice she could manage, coming through a tiny pair of speakers. When Snow Eyes finally turned around, she bent all her will upon twitching a limb in her best imitation of waving.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2015-04-13 at 02:33 PM.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Angel, I'm assuming you were smart enough to slip the ice caster off of Eclipse's leg, otherwise you're definitely seeing a giant blob of metal on her leg. As far as less obvious foreign objects go, your scan turns up a little shard of metal, tucked away within her layers of coats. If you dig it out of the pocket its hiding in, you'll find yourself with an old, torn scrap of golden-colored metal. Despite the long years and the harsh cold, it's got a good shine to it. Hard stuff, too. Eclipse has been taking good care of it. Perhaps its a keepsake? A trophy? A badge of some sort? Hard to say.

But as for what you're really interested in? The metal parasite that you're positive lives somewhere in the poor mare's body?

The scan comes back completely clean. No metal in this pony. Terribly sorry.

Now, it's worth mentioning here that Eclipse still hadn't seen to her burns before she was ambushed. She took pains to cover them up, and they won't be showing up on your scans, so unless you inspect her yourself Angel you still don't know they're there.
    Angel looked, turned the image, then looked again only to turn it back and look again. This just couldn't be right. She turned the scan image again. She could have sworn Eclipse was infected; her rambling nonsense, her violent behaviour... if there wasn't an infection then... there had to be some other cause. Perhaps... a neurological one.

Angel shifted her weight from hoof to hoof, weighing her options and considering the situation. She was sorely tempted to open Eclipse and have a closer look inside her skull.

She turned her head slightly to give Jade a look that said she'd better be done fast.
    The look earned a thoughtful look in return.

Oh yes, Angel, forgetful old me. While it does appear like Eclipse's body is clear of any metal parasites, as Crystalshy turns off the scanner you catch a brief glimmer in the air above her, like a spider's thread of silk caught briefly in light at just the right angle. Waving a hoof back and forth over her body reveals that it's not a physical thread, but you swear you saw it for a second anyway.
    Angel suddenly looked up, snapping out of her thoughts. She waved a hoof back and forth above Eclipse's head before blinking in confusion and rearing away slowly. A thread but no spider...

"She's fine!" Angel suddenly declared in an authoritative voice and with an air of importance as she pushed the CRI aside and took off her protective gear. "This is one of those rare occasions when I am more than happy to be proven wrong. Eclipse is fine. Crystalshy, get the anti-freeze," Angel said and began to take the restraints off Eclipse. "So there is nothing more for anypony to see here."

As she went about undoing the restraints, Angel looked at Eclipse with guarded eyes. "I apologise. I thought you were under the control of- nevermind." She wouldn't believe it anyway. "But you're not. False alarm."

Just as she removed the last strap she leaned in close. "If you need to talk, in private, you know where I am," she gave Eclipse a serious look and a subtle nod before backing away to give the mare some room.

Angel had not spotted the burns as she had focused only on the scans, she'd spotted the piece of metal but disregarded it as soon as she'd ascertained that it was definitely nothing to do with spiders.
    Last edited by Elanorin; 2015-04-13 at 03:51 PM.
    "For love is no part of the dreamworld. Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel."
    ~ Neil Gaiman

~ Snow Patrol

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Trust me; it's a lot less entertaining when you're a paralyzed hunk of junk along for the ride. So much for trying not to startle her.

"Stop jumping around and look behind you; I'm in the robot." She said in the most authoritative voice she could manage, coming through a tiny pair of speakers. When Snow Eyes finally turned around, she bent all her will upon twitching a limb in her best imitation of waving.
    "You're in the what?!" She slumped the robot off her back and took a look at it. "It wasn't acting like that before, it was talking about the legendary mare, Rarity, and it wanted one of these crystals to power it up...I think." Snow Eyes looked sheepish and held out the crystals she had snagged before the whole place exploded. "How in Equestria did you even get in there?" she eyed the robot suspiciously, suddenly keeping her distance.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

16. - Top - End - #316

As she went about undoing the restraints, Angel looked at Eclipse with guarded eyes. "I apologise. I thought you were under the control of- nevermind." She wouldn't believe it anyway. "But you're not. False alarm."

Just as she removed the last strap she leaned in close. "If you need to talk, in private, you know where I am," she gave Eclipse a serious look and a subtle nod before backing away to give the mare some room.

Angel had not spotted the burns as she had focused only on the scans, she'd spotted the piece of metal but disregarded it as soon as she'd ascertained that it was definitely nothing to do with spiders.
    So material, Jade. One of these days that refusal to think in terms of the arcane was going to get you into trouble.

She didn't say anything - last thing she needed was a conversation before she'd had time to get into character. At least Eclipse could do brooding. Let's see, brooding, ostentatious threats, a desperate need to have her beliefs validated by inflicting them on other ponies...

She got up - didn't stretch, she didn't know what to do with the wings - and shuffled silently out the door. First priority was finding out where her body was and making sure it was safe and secure, so that's what she was looking to do.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

She didn't say anything - last thing she needed was a conversation before she'd had time to get into character. At least Eclipse could do brooding. Let's see, brooding, ostentatious threats, a desperate need to have her beliefs validated by inflicting them on other ponies...
    Project much?

Oh, and by the way, enjoy those burns.

"You're in the what?!" She slumped the robot off her back and took a look at it. "It wasn't acting like that before, it was talking about the legendary mare, Rarity, and it wanted one of these crystals to power it up...I think." Snow Eyes looked sheepish and held out the crystals she had snagged before the whole place exploded. "How in Equestria did you even get in there?" she eyed the robot suspiciously, suddenly keeping her distance.
    Landing on the ground in a tangled heap didn't hurt. The impact didn't even register. Didn't mean it wasn't jarring on a deep level.

"Oh no. Now I can't leak oil on your mane. All of my plans are for naught." Eclipse remarked dryly. Discipline demanded she stand up immediately, but reality gave her a hoof wiggle. This wasn't how she wanted to talk to Snow Eyes, but then again, what had gone right today? Everypony in Windbreak could be in jeopardy, and this was the hand she was dealt.

Nothing for it.

"I've had a bad day." She admitted, eyes glowing and fading with each word. "And the worst part is we don't have time to sit and chat about it. There's something wrong loose in Windbreak. I don't know what it is, or what it wants with us, but it's not good. It jumped me, we tangled, and I think I got off pretty easy." The faded, wavering iris slowly panned over to look at Snow Eyes. The authority was still there, but it wasn't domineering; it was commanding. Doling out a weighty task to a worthy pony. "I'd like a working body first, but you're all we've got. So listen very carefully; I need you to pick me back up, do exactly as I tell you, and - most importantly - I need you to keep calm. Together, we might be able to head this off before anypony else gets hurt. I can fill in the details as we go. Understand?"

[Rolling to Manipulate: (2d6+1)[10]]

[That's XP if you do it, Acting Under Fire if you don't.]
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2015-04-13 at 09:55 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318

Project much?

Oh, and by the way, enjoy those burns.
    You pipe down or I'll have you propose to one of the farm robots.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

So material, Jade. One of these days that refusal to think in terms of the arcane was going to get you into trouble.
    You assume too much, Charger-Eclipse.

She got up - didn't stretch, she didn't know what to do with the wings - and shuffled silently out the door. First priority was finding out where her body was and making sure it was safe and secure, so that's what she was looking to do.
    Angel hurried after Eclipse as she headed out without a word.

"Eclipse? What- uh-" she was very conscious of lots of ponies around, she was not inclined to risk another mob "-what about... why you came?"
    Last edited by Elanorin; 2015-04-14 at 01:00 AM.
    ~ Neil Gaiman

~ Snow Patrol

20. - Top - End - #320

Angel hurried after Eclipse as she headed out without a word.

"Eclipse? What- uh-" she was very conscious of lots of ponies around, she was not inclined to risk another mob "-what about... why you came?"
    Charger kind of admired that. Jade had jumped and chillstabbed Eclipse from behind. Now she was asking her to finish her business calmly and rationally before she left.

"Later," she grunted.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Charger kind of admired that. Jade had jumped and chillstabbed Eclipse from behind. Now she was asking her to finish her business calmly and rationally before she left.

"Later," she grunted.
    Of course she did. Angel hadn't caused any real harm and she had counteracted the chillstabs and most of all she had apologised. That was more than most ponies got. As far as Angel was concerned the matter was closed.

"When?" Angel demanded. "I waited for you this morning, you're making me wait again? Who the hell do you think you are, Eclipse? We do this now, or I'll do it without you," Angel said with a stomped hoof.

Holding a grudge was one thing but she really thought Eclipse cared enough about Windbreak and the welfare of its ponies not to put personal feelings above the safety of the town, not to mention seeing through on a promise made.

There were spiders about alright. Perhaps not inside her but something was still making Eclipse act like a crazy pony. She was going to wait with this but... she needed to know exactly what was going on with Eclipse and it was probably better sooner rather than later.

[Rolling to open my brain: 2d6+2=5]
    ~ Neil Gaiman

~ Snow Patrol

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

"I'd like a working body first, but you're all we've got. So listen very carefully; I need you to pick me back up, do exactly as I tell you, and - most importantly - I need you to keep calm. Together, we might be able to head this off before anypony else gets hurt. I can fill in the details as we go. Understand?"

[Rolling to Manipulate: [roll0]]

[That's XP if you do it, Acting Under Fire if you don't.]
    [I interpret that to mean that I pick you up and follow your next instruction, not that I have to obey every command until further notice or I act under fire.]

"Yeah, something is wrong, and I don't think it's you, even if you are possessing a robot. Fine, come on little Sweetie Bot, Snow Eyes will get you where you need to go." She walked back up and hoisted the bot onto her back, putting it so it could look forward over her shoulder as they were walking. "Alright, upsy-daisy, what next?"
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

There were spiders about alright. Perhaps not inside her but something was still making Eclipse act like a crazy pony. She was going to wait with this but... she needed to know exactly what was going on with Eclipse and it was probably better sooner rather than later.

You taste blood, and a terrible buzzing fills your ears like a million flies, a pestilence of noise. You see rivers of blood running in the streets of Windbreak, ponies bleeding in the gutters while the wall cries red tears stained with yellow pus and disease beneath a sky black with flies.

Below the incessant buzz, you hear a voice, smooth and tempting as silk. "The flies are coming. They smell the sickness in your wall and flock to it. We can help you ... if you leave us to spin our webs in peace."

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

[I interpret that to mean that I pick you up and follow your next instruction, not that I have to obey every command until further notice or I act under fire.]

"Yeah, something is wrong, and I don't think it's you, even if you are possessing a robot. Fine, come on little Sweetie Bot, Snow Eyes will get you where you need to go." She walked back up and hoisted the bot onto her back, putting it so it could look forward over her shoulder as they were walking. "Alright, upsy-daisy, what next?"
    [Oh, of course. That would require further Manipulate rolls.]

As Snow Eyes lifted the robot, she couldn't help but hear the quiet sigh of relief from Eclipse. "The town square, and fast. We need backup, and if we're lucky Spurs hasn't gone far. She'll listen to me."

Even taken at a gallop, it's still a few minutes to the square. What questions do you ask your new robotic guide, or do you wait for her to speak?

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

You pipe down or I'll have you propose to one of the farm robots.
    I was being serious, by the way. Your forelegs and wings are aching and burning horribly. Now, I'm used to trekking miles and miles through the snow with only enough heat in me to keep the lights on. I don't know what your misadventures usually entail - mostly because you'll never give anypony a straight answer - but I'm still darn curious how you cope with the pain.

26. - Top - End - #326

Of course she did. Angel hadn't caused any real harm and she had counteracted the chillstabs and most of all she had apologised. That was more than most ponies got. As far as Angel was concerned the matter was closed.

"When?" Angel demanded. "I waited for you this morning, you're making me wait again? Who the hell do you think you are, Eclipse? We do this now, or I'll do it without you," Angel said with a stomped hoof.

Holding a grudge was one thing but she really thought Eclipse cared enough about Windbreak and the welfare of its ponies not to put personal feelings above the safety of the town, not to mention seeing through on a promise made.

Charger didn't know exactly what Jade was referring to here but was totally fine with having Eclipse bail on her. She was on the clock here.

She took the opportunity of Jade's distraction to duck out and away. When she had some distance, finally, she got to perform a bit of a self check up and see what she had to work with here. She ducked into an alley so she could have some privacy and got to work.

I was being serious, by the way. Your forelegs and wings are aching and burning horribly. Now, I'm used to trekking miles and miles through the snow with only enough heat in me to keep the lights on. I don't know what your misadventures usually entail - mostly because you'll never give anypony a straight answer - but I'm still darn curious how you cope with the pain.
    Her hooves felt papery and weak, that was the first thing. She'd also heard that pegasus bones were hollow and she could swear that she felt that - how did ponies live so fragile? And this body had crap pain tolerance to go with it. Muscles were all bunched and tense. She could work with this, she supposed, but she sure didn't feel like she'd traded up.

Next thing was the look. Charger took off the stupid mask and checked out Eclipse's face in the reflection of bucket of water. Following from that she checked out the cutie mark - she'd always kind of wondered.

The pain, though - Charger almost enjoyed it. Different. She let herself feel it out for a moments, then just... turned it off. She'd notice if it changed but after establishing that it wasn't life threatening she was just able to totally disregard it as a concept. Her ability to silo pain off and ignore it was outright uncanny.

So, Eclipse. What's underneath that tablecloth you cover yourself with?

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

"Business before pleasure, Snow Eyes, business before pleasure." She was mumbling to herself, then gave her head a slight turn to gesture she was talking to Eclipse. "Alright, we gotta hoof it through town. So spill: how'd you end up in the robot and what's the threat to the town that's so dire you need me to haul your little Sweetie butt around?"
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

You taste blood, and a terrible buzzing fills your ears like a million flies, a pestilence of noise. You see rivers of blood running in the streets of Windbreak, ponies bleeding in the gutters while the wall cries red tears stained with yellow pus and disease beneath a sky black with flies.

Below the incessant buzz, you hear a voice, smooth and tempting as silk. "The flies are coming. They smell the sickness in your wall and flock to it. We can help you ... if you leave us to spin our webs in peace."
    That was utterly disturbing and not to mention confusing. Jade Sun had no idea whatsoever what to make of all of that.

Charger didn't know exactly what Jade was referring to here but was totally fine with having Eclipse bail on her. She was on the clock here.

She took the opportunity of Jade's distraction to duck out and away.
    She blinked the vision away only to see somepony disappear around a corner. Possibly Eclipse, but really it could have been anypony for all she knew. Eclipse was clearly gone though.

Jade Sun looked right, then left, then sighed a single deep sigh before she turned around and walked back inside the packed infirmary. That was three ponies in one day that had walked out on her. The irony was she could barely move for ponies in the infirmary for the second time today.

"Wishing Well, is it?" Angel slammed the door shut behind her. "Come here." She motioned with her head for the mare to come with her further inside the infirmary where she showed her Bell Bottom's CRI images. Angel took a deep breath of patience before she began to explain;

"The thin tendrils you can see here are in fact metal wires emanating from these clusters here, here, here... and there seem to be some further smaller clusters here, here and here, making them look a bit like spiders with extremely long legs, or perhaps a web with knots depending on how you look at it." Angel quirked her head to one side and peered at the picture before blinking and snapping out of it.

"I discovered this while tending to Bell's wounds, as sustained by Eclipse, this morning. I understand Bell was displaying violent and erratic behaviour, Bearclaw said she 'snapped'. It seems this... infection, has a rather profound effect on a pony's mind. Eclipse was showing the same behaviour when I spoke to her earlier which is why, and because of their previous contact, I believed she was infected with this as well. Hence I did what I did.

"These 'spiders' appear to be spreading. These smaller clusters look like new ones which have yet to grow. Probably looking to spread further, but how, I don't know yet, nor do I know exactly how much of the pony they infest that they can control. To remove all this... I need to perform extensive surgery on her, which is what am going to do now. Before you say anything - I have already spoken to Bearclaw, her cousin, to get his consent. Once done I intend to study these things at great length to learn as much as possible about them.

"You asked me to help find out what happened to your sister, Free Fall was it? Currently I believe these things happened to her, but I can't know for sure. If you care to stay for the operation you can tell me about your sister and what you know of her disappearance, in particular of her behaviour immediately before. I'll likely be going all night so plenty of time to talk."

Angel took down the note on her front door and then held the door open.

"Listen up everypony, I'm closing up the infirmary and locking this door so leave now or stay all night. Choice is yours."
    ~ Neil Gaiman

~ Snow Patrol

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Her hooves felt papery and weak, that was the first thing. She'd also heard that pegasus bones were hollow and she could swear that she felt that - how did ponies live so fragile? And this body had crap pain tolerance to go with it. Muscles were all bunched and tense. She could work with this, she supposed, but she sure didn't feel like she'd traded up.

Next thing was the look. Charger took off the stupid mask and checked out Eclipse's face in the reflection of bucket of water. Following from that she checked out the cutie mark - she'd always kind of wondered.

The pain, though - Charger almost enjoyed it. Different. She let herself feel it out for a moments, then just... turned it off. She'd notice if it changed but after establishing that it wasn't life threatening she was just able to totally disregard it as a concept. Her ability to silo pain off and ignore it was outright uncanny.

So, Eclipse. What's underneath that tablecloth you cover yourself with?
    Fragile? What are you-

Oh, right. Earth Pony. You would feel that way, wouldn't you?

Anyway, let's take this one at a time, if we really must. First, the face. You thought it was all the layers talking, but Eclipse has a well-rounded face, with soft cheeks that never quite lost their baby fat. Her nose sat square in the middle like a dollop of cream on fresh pancakes. A face you'd see in a bakery, or old folks' home, not on the battlefield. Her mane...needed work. And possibly CPR. The weeks, possibly months of being cooped up under hoods hadn't been kind. But you could see the remnants of thick, full curls. Some work from a pony like you? There could be something workable there.

Next up, the body. Your feelings are all kinds of messed up, so let's go with what you see instead. In your life, you've seen pegasi of all shapes and sizes, though usually trending towards the betters of the breed. Eclipse is, simply put, the best you've seen. If the Wonderbolts were still around, and if they were actual, living ponies instead of the chiseled adonis you see in the old posters, you figure they'd look something like this. At least from the neck down, anyway. Turns out a life of fighting Winter itself keeps a pony in pretty good shape, scars aside.

And lastly, you stare at her bare hindquarters. A stack of thick books, complete with bookmarks, stares back at you.

Anything else while you've got me disrobed?

"Business before pleasure, Snow Eyes, business before pleasure." She was mumbling to herself, then gave her head a slight turn to gesture she was talking to Eclipse. "Alright, we gotta hoof it through town. So spill: how'd you end up in the robot and what's the threat to the town that's so dire you need me to haul your little Sweetie butt around?"
    The robot paused, and you got the sense she was thinking deeply before speaking. "...it's a long story. Short version, I got ambushed. Never saw what; they shot me full of something nasty, and I was out cold. Next thing I know, I'm staring at...some sort of nightmare spider. Bigger than Spurs' dog by a long shot. It plucked me out of my body, and tried to trap me in a nightmare." The robot gently nudged Snow Eyes in the back. "It uses fear to hold onto you. If it gets you, don't be afraid. Sing, laugh, dance, whatever you have to do, just don't be afraid."

"I broke out. But this robot was the only empty body out there. Charger got yanked out too, something got hold of her body, and she grabbed mine first."

Eclipse paused, half-expecting to get interrupted anyway.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2015-04-14 at 08:30 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330

Fragile? What are you-

Oh, right. Earth Pony. You would feel that way, wouldn't you?

Anyway, let's take this one at a time, if we really must. First, the face. You thought it was all the layers talking, but Eclipse has a well-rounded face, with soft cheeks that never quite lost their baby fat. Her nose sat square in the middle like a dollop of cream on fresh pancakes. A face you'd see in a bakery, or old folks' home, not on the battlefield. Her mane...needed work. And possibly CPR. The weeks, possibly months of being cooped up under hoods hadn't been kind. But you could see the remnants of thick, full curls. Some work from a pony like you? There could be something workable there.

Next up, the body. Your feelings are all kinds of messed up, so let's go with what you see instead. In your life, you've seen pegasi of all shapes and sizes, though usually trending towards the betters of the breed. Eclipse is, simply put, the best you've seen. If the Wonderbolts were still around, and if they were actual, living ponies instead of the chiseled adonis you see in the old posters, you figure they'd look something like this. At least from the neck down, anyway. Turns out a life of fighting Winter itself keeps a pony in pretty good shape.

And lastly, you stare at her bare hindquarters. A stack of thick books, complete with bookmarks, stares back at you.

Anything else while you've got me disrobed?
    Kind of disappointing, right? You'd think there'd be something scandalous down here.

She shuffled back into the funeral shrouds that Eclipse wore and took a few moments to try out the voice. She ran her voice up and down the scale and rolled a few words around in her mouth so that she'd have the intonations and patterns right. She awkwardly flapped her wings a few times and nearly fell over. Okay - okay those were serious even if nothing else here was. She didn't have time to figure out how they worked yet. Hopefully later.

Then she quickly hurried off to go find the ponies she'd set to locking up her own body.