New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    SparklngCyanide
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central X: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Hi, came here to support a friend. Cuth would be a great nomination from what I've seen.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central X: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xihirli for president!
    That's funny.
    No, that's fine. Maybe if they ever have a gag tournament.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #873
    Troll in the Playground

As much as I would love to represent the Playground, I am afraid I would still end up being a poor choice due to my activity level. I vote for Murska and Cuthalion.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

I would like to request the 1-14 October slot for Baldur's Gate Werewolf.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ghost in the Playground

Chimera

Thank you, Cuth, for posting the invitation :)

I'll be following along. Lemme know if you have any questions regarding this season.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Titan in the Playground

What do people think of a standard WW game (Vanillagers vs Vanilla Wolves) where everybody starts the game being informed of three people's roles...but one of the roles they've been told is a lie. Essentially one big game of Two Truths One Lie. Thoughts? Would it work better in a game with more power roles?

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    What do people think of a standard WW game (Vanillagers vs Vanilla Wolves) where everybody starts the game being informed of three people's roles...but one of the roles they've been told is a lie. Essentially one big game of Two Truths One Lie. Thoughts? Would it work better in a game with more power roles?
    It sounds interesting, but it might need a lot of people to avoid overlap. If there's too much overlap between what information people get, then they can just compile one big list. Or at least make sure that whenever someone finds out person A's role, its the same as anyone else who was told person A's role. I also think it would work best with standard roles.

Edit: it may not work.
    Day 1 will be compiling all the information everyone got and checking a wolf, and if it was true, a wolf is dead, if they killed a townie, they now know two confirmed roles. You could forbid players from sharing their information. Wolves also might need extra PRs since only village will benefit from the two truths and a lie info at the beginning.
    Last edited by Duck999; 2017-04-09 at 04:22 PM.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Bugbear in the Playground

Looks like everyone's pretty much with fine with either Murska or Cuthalion representing us this year.
    Do we want to put this to a proper vote?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Dwarf in the Playground

It may happens that i open recruitment of Scum of London at the 17th instead of the 16th, because i am off until the late 16th.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ghost in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Looks like everyone's pretty much with fine with either Murska or Cuthalion representing us this year.
    Do we want to put this to a proper vote?
    I can flip a coin if y'all want :P

11. - Top - End - #881
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
    I can flip a coin if y'all want :P
    Heads Murska, Tails Cuth, if it lands on it's side we send Xihirli?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ghost in the Playground

Chimera

@Cuthalion
    @Murska

I've flipped a coin via randomizer.org

Timestamp: 2017-04-15 01:43:30 UTC

The first one who sees this post should say either 1 or 2. That'll decide who is main rep and who is backup.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Good luck to both!

Last edited by flat_footed; 2017-04-14 at 08:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ghost in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    Good luck to both!

i.imgur. com/viTJZIE.png

Murska, you're the rep. And Cuth, you're the backup.

GLGL! :D

(I can't post links or even images, sigh)
    Last edited by Thingyman; 2017-04-14 at 10:26 PM.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Troll in the Playground

Excellent. Good work, Thingy.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

16. - Top - End - #886
    Troll in the Playground

All right. I'll do my best to represent us. Thank you for the trust that you no doubt have learned never to give me.

Apparently I need to write a bio again. Feel free to contribute. :)
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

All right. I'll do my best to represent us. Thank you for the trust that you no doubt have learned never to give me.

Apparently I need to write a bio again. Feel free to contribute. :)
    "...more frequently baned and attacked on night 1 than any other Playgrounder..." based on statistics that I made up in my head.

EDIT: This sounded way funnier at 3:45 AM.
    Last edited by Logic; 2017-04-15 at 10:43 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ghost in the Playground

Chimera

Update on The Mafia Championship

Exciting news: We are expanding to 150 participating communities, which is more than last season. In fact, we may even go for 165 communities depending on how some invitations go.

On that note, if you know of a community that might be interested in participating and isn't on the list in the linked post, let me know and I'll be happy to give them an invitation: <snipped>

Since none of the representatives chosen at this point have indicated that they can only play if their game starts April 24, I have made the decision that the qualifying phase won't begin until May 1st in order to allow me more time to get everything properly organized and to get all representatives properly prepared. This will have no impact on the overall schedule for this season; the qualifying phase will still be wrapped up by early July, after which we dive into the wildcard games followed by the finale game.

As for how to spectate your representative, I'll get back to you with more info on that, but cliffs: Your community may of course create your own private spectator chat (that your rep can't access), but the general spectator chat (where all communities gather and chat together) will be on Discord this year. If you want an invite to the server already now, just write me.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey guys! I'm back from unexpected hiatus. I apologize to those who were running games I was in. I should be back with no interruptions for the foreseeable future. woah, the word foreseeable looks really weird to me.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ghost in the Playground

Chimera

UPDATE ON MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP

Originally, the plan was for this season to feature 135 communities. We will now have 165 participating communities, which means that this season alone we will have more different communities represented than all other seasons combined. Approximately 60 communities are participating for the very first time. Of the returning communities, about a dozen of them are resending a previous representative, while the rest are all sending fresh faces.

As a result of how big this season has gotten, we'll have more games to look forward to than ever before. We will have 11 qualifying games, 2 wildcard games and 1 finale game = 14 games in total.

All kinds of communities are partipating. Besides the sites dedicated specifically to mafia, we have forums dedicated to popular entertainment, sports, poker, board games, online games, video games, role playing, LEGO, personality type testing, stick figure animations, science, atheism, music, mathematics, comics, students, etc. Some of these communities started playing mafia more than a decade ago; Others just started this year.

Despite this being a forum event, we will also have communities that play the game via various chat clients (Discord, Telegram, IRC, custom, etc.) and via webcam (with games often streamed on Twitch.tv). And not least, there are communities centered around mafia game variants that you can buy on Steam (Town of Salem and Throne of Lies).

This season will also have the biggest international scope yet. For the very first time we will have representatives from Romania, Hungary, Chile, Portugal, Ukraine and Czechia as well as our first person representing a Japanese community. We even have our first Native American.

In addition to this, we of course welcome back countries such as USA, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Italy, Indonesia, South Africa and Ireland, meaning that we'll have more than 20 different countries represented in total.

Next update: I am hoping very much I will have all the info I need from all of the representatives by Wednesday at the latest next week. Assuming I do, I will schedule all the qualifying games on this day and get back to you with your representative's start date.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

Lex, Thematthew and I would like to sign up for running "The First Wolf" starting recruiting around next March 18th.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Troll in the Playground

Next March 18th!!? Fine. Done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Generic-Guy View Post
    It may happens that i open recruitment of Scum of London at the 17th instead of the 16th, because i am off until the late 16th.
    This is fine, btw. Have you PMd Chambers?

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Next March 18th!!? Fine. Done.

- - - Updated - - -

This is fine, btw. Have you PMd Chambers?
    Generic-Guy seems to have hit an unfortunate batch of the IRL responsibilities: no one has seen him in a bit.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #894
    Titan in the Playground

I guess this means Worm WW should start recruiting a bit early? Given the amount of time I think we should just use the extra time as a buffer between the recruiting time of Worm and Hogwarts rather than try and shuffle things on the schedule sort of awkwardly.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

I guess this means Worm WW should start recruiting a bit early? Given the amount of time I think we should just use the extra time as a buffer between the recruiting time of Worm and Hogwarts rather than try and shuffle things on the schedule sort of awkwardly.
    I've got the startings of a first post going, and can be able to post it either tonight or tomorrow if nobody minds us taking the slot.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Troll in the Playground

Go right ahead.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I would like to request the 1-14 October slot for Baldur's Gate Werewolf.
    Lex, any chance I can get this slot, 1-14 October, instead for Hillbilly Mafia/Werewolf? My Baldur's Gate scenario needs more polish, but my Hillbilly* one will be much more traditional.

*This one will be based on Logic's hometown, somewhere in the middle of nowhere, where the roles will be based on real people, despite the stereotypes of people they represent.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #898
    Titan in the Playground

Hillbilly Mafia sounds better. Though I guess it depends on what you want to do with the narrations.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Hillbilly Mafia sounds better. Though I guess it depends on what you want to do with the narrations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #900
    Titan in the Playground

Just to make sure people know, Worm WW is now open for business and accepting players.