New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
    ............I need like fifty thousand pieces of fanart, yesterday.

EDIT: Hmm, but a thought occurs. Cio is saying that her true name was long and twisty and she's forgotten most of it. How...can that be? Devils have "colors and names! The less the better!" So if Yabalchoath were her full name, as Vladok seemed to be, I'd buy it. But if it's long and twisty, shouldn't that make it a weak name?
    It's the number of names that matters, not the length of individual names. She had one very long unpronouncable name, which made her an Ebon. If she'd instead had two very short names (like "Mary Sue"), she wouldn't have been an Ebon. That's all there is to it AFAIK.
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2016-11-18 at 01:20 AM.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

It looks like the Codex of the Rising King is what Cio eventually publishes. This webcomic has recently gotten unexpectedly and screamingly funny.
    Last edited by Leewei; 2016-11-18 at 10:58 AM.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Anyone else instantly think back to Haley in 752 "Picking Locks."

Pre-Preem Nand looks both the same (his Mask) and different (his body). I recall from the QAtumbler/Wiki that he's a possessed Androsphinx in the present. His flashback devil-form seems thoughtful.

Devil court looks sweet. I need more Himself and the council of 13.

I disagree with Abbadon's apology on overindulging in backstory. Bring it.
    Last edited by Tom Tearcamel; 2016-11-19 at 12:01 PM.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leewei View Post
    It looks like the Codex of the Rising King is what Cio eventually publishes. This webcomic has recently gotten unexpectedly and screamingly funny.
    Now I might need to go back and read all the snippets of that, never paid attention to them when binging it.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ettin in the Playground

So from this flashback panel we can see that the white flame in Preem Nash's forehead is NOT a key, because she hadn't stolen it yet.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

So from this flashback panel we can see that the white flame in Preem Nash's forehead is NOT a key, because she hadn't stolen it yet.
    It could easily be a lesser key though. Of the sort that favored minions are allowed to walk around with.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

7. - Top - End - #517
    Colossus in the Playground

Apparently not.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

No, got a good explanation for those lesser keys we might have seen.
    We have also seen a lot of other people with simular glowing things on their brow.
    So i guess there are other things of power that goes into the head slot beside keys

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

God damn, Mammon is GIGANTIC.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    God damn, Mammon is GIGANTIC.
    Well, what do you expect from the Grand Dragon? Guy must be a Great Wyrm at the very least.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Well, what do you expect from the Grand Dragon? Guy must be a Great Wyrm at the very least.
    Picutres like these:

Spoiler: undefined
    Show

Showed Mammon only a few feet taller than Mottom, and smaller than Jagganoth.

There was at least one other picture that had him comparable in size to the others that I can't find.

Maybe he can alter his size?

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, in the second group shot from the right here, Mammon's shorter then Jagganoth at a size comparable to the current day and is also visibly aged. Another, apparently earlier shot of him puts him about the size of a pre-armor Jagganoth, if a little bigger, but certianly larger then the humans.

My guess; as a 'dragon', he's just gotten incrementally bigger over the eon's he's existed. His race consists of natural immortals, but Throne seem's suitably dangerous that most of the rest of his race tend to top out at about human sized, like the prostrating one's in Mottom's main hall.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2016-11-24 at 12:17 AM.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Dwarf in the Playground

One of the most recent questions on the comic's tumblr is about Mammon's size. It is indeed the case that members of his race keep growing as they get older.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

Remarking on recent Tumblr asks, this one says that the consciousness of a Devil lies in the mask and slightly in the name. The black flame that makes up their body doesn't have a consciousness of its own. What...does that mean for Vladok? Princess is speaking as though she was Vladok transformed into a Blue Devil, and right after her transformation the other devil-binders remarked that Princess would remember a little of what happened in time. But if the mask holds the identity of the Devil then shouldn't Vladok be gone entirely, and the identity of the poor Red Devil that Allison stole the mask from be the one in Princess now? And for that matter, what ever happened to the Red Devil whose mask was taken off?

15. - Top - End - #525

Maybe the flame retains some memories, but is not conscious without the mask?

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
    Remarking on recent Tumblr asks, this one says that the consciousness of a Devil lies in the mask and slightly in the name. The black flame that makes up their body doesn't have a consciousness of its own. What...does that mean for Vladok? Princess is speaking as though she was Vladok transformed into a Blue Devil, and right after her transformation the other devil-binders remarked that Princess would remember a little of what happened in time. But if the mask holds the identity of the Devil then shouldn't Vladok be gone entirely, and the identity of the poor Red Devil that Allison stole the mask from be the one in Princess now? And for that matter, what ever happened to the Red Devil whose mask was taken off?
    I think Princess is intentionally exaggerating her connection to Vladok. After all, what she is right now is extremely embarrassing; if I were her, I'd be all "I AM VLADOK, THE MIGHTY! I am just indisposed at the moment." But I doubt she actually has many memories or connections to Vladok at all, and much of what she does have is probably false - more her fantasies about being a reincarnated superdemon than anything concrete. She's like a middle-schooler who has convinced themselves that they're the reincarnation of Genghis Khan, but with the added incentive that there's a grain of truth to it.

Whereas since Cio's husband reassembled her mask, she's actually the same person, albeit probably with a lot lost due to the damage she took. She has most of her memories, and retains her skills if not her raw power.

The most surprising thing for me here is that her husband saved her (which can't have been easy.) I'd expected that he betrayed her. I guess he does care about her, despite being pretty awful? It does make me wonder why he's hunting her now. Maybe he cares more about his image and authority, which depend on being married to her?

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

and the identity of the poor Red Devil that Allison stole the mask from be the one in Princess now? And for that matter, what ever happened to the Red Devil whose mask was taken off?
    As seen on this page
    http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comi...of-names-1-13/

Then clearly a devil mask is slowly worn down over the years, at some point needing to be replaced.
    In the background we see the trio of magisters bartering with said devil for what clearly seems to be a new replacement mask.

So i guess the answer is, nothing. That mask had not been in use before, and the red devil still needs to get the replacement mask it bartered for.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    I think Princess is intentionally exaggerating her connection to Vladok. After all, what she is right now is extremely embarrassing; if I were her, I'd be all "I AM VLADOK, THE MIGHTY! I am just indisposed at the moment." But I doubt she actually has many memories or connections to Vladok at all, and much of what she does have is probably false - more her fantasies about being a reincarnated superdemon than anything concrete. She's like a middle-schooler who has convinced themselves that they're the reincarnation of Genghis Khan, but with the added incentive that there's a grain of truth to it.

Whereas since Cio's husband reassembled her mask, she's actually the same person, albeit probably with a lot lost due to the damage she took. She has most of her memories, and retains her skills if not her raw power.

The most surprising thing for me here is that her husband saved her (which can't have been easy.) I'd expected that he betrayed her. I guess he does care about her, despite being pretty awful? It does make me wonder why he's hunting her now. Maybe he cares more about his image and authority, which depend on being married to her?
    I don't think so. I think its because when a mask is used to contain a demon, it becomes connected to the demon. We already saw it change colors and size when she used it to contain Demon Vladok, the masks seem to actually bond to the demon when used to name them, but they can be transferred from demon to demon when re-naming them.

It sounds to me like what happened was Mammon smashed the mask and banished actual Demon Yabalchaoth back to wherever demons go, but nobody else used the mask, so it was still connected to Yabolchaoth. With that in mind, Preem re-assembled the mask and used that connection to summon Demon Yabalchaoth back. Maybe he was afraid if he actually summoned her back at full strength the angels or Mammon would come calling again, so he re-named her and hid her until he could get her back up to full strength.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

19. - Top - End - #529
    Firbolg in the Playground

Princess needed like sixteen names before they turned blue. I wonder what Cio's full name is...
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Princess needed like sixteen names before they turned blue. I wonder what Cio's full name is...
    Maybe new namers need more names? I also get a feeling Allison overdid her naming.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hmm, it looks like it's more complicated...
    http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comi...of-names-2-28/
    Talk of tricking humans into giving "better" names.
    A "gold" name that degraded back to red, apparently just by age rather than by having more names attached to it.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Dunno if we'll ever find out. Cio's name was a stealth joke, he probably won't add more, but if he gives us more names its most likely going to be something like Pee'ee'peeseye or Deieetee Ciokayee or something just to keep the joke rolling.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-11-30 at 08:41 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Dunno if we'll ever find out. Cio's name was a stealth joke, he probably won't add more, but if he gives us more names its most likely going to be something like Pee'ee'peeseye or Deieetee Ciokayee or something just to keep the joke rolling.
    I can't see this sneaky joke. Help?
    Truth resists simplicity.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    I can't see this sneaky joke. Help?
    Ciocie Cioelle

Spelled phonetically:

See - Oh - See - Ay ------- See - Oh - el - ay

C - O - C - A -------- C - O - L - A

My very rough suggestions spell PEPSI and DIET COKE
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-12-01 at 04:13 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

25. - Top - End - #535

Oh. OH!

I never got the Coca Cola. I got Coc Col. I had the Es at the end of the words as silent. As they usually are in names ending in "elle".

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ettin in the Playground

Alison... don'tcha think it's a bit early to be throwing your weight around?
    (Talk about cleaning house. Jeez.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

I like her baby crown

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

Although it does appear I was wrong. Checking the blog and other author posts, it looks like Cio's full name is apparently Ciocie Cioelle Estrella von Maximus the Third.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Cio just struck a match on her tongue.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Bugbear in the Playground

Which btw is why I ship them for fun instead of seriously. Biological incompatibility. Not in the having kids sense, but because one is a soft squishy human while the other looks like she has a carpace instead of skin which tend to be a tad hard and a tongue she can light matches on which translates into slight.difficulty with having a "fun time". But still "I call this arc the shipping arc." great mouse over text.^^
    Last edited by Ibrinar; 2016-12-07 at 05:54 PM.