New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Durkoala's Desultorily Droll Drivel and Discourse (Random Banter Thread #212)

Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
    I know one that says "Use the force, Harry - Gandalf" with a picture of Captain Picard.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Durkoala's Desultorily Droll Drivel and Discourse (Random Banter Thread #212)

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    All these people with their cool games, grumblegrumble. I will get Shovel Knight (someday), but I don't have a PS4 so Bloodborne is a long way away for now.

ION: swapped cards for the weekly Moncard match and won easily. I'm now laughing because I just realised that my opponent used the option to look for any card in the deck and chose a single energy card instead of one of the eight (or less, but at least two if he was really unlucky) cards that would let him draw more cards or shuffle the deck. Always check your options...
    Shovel Knight... that game looks like a lot of fun. I should get myself that one at some point.

Heh. Some people don't think everything through.

SPEAKING OF WHICH

ION: I have had quite the night. I'd prefer not to share the full story here, though the culmination of the shenanigans occurred at around 4am which was dealing with an overzealous towing company who decided that I had overstayed my welcome in the guest parking and had my car moved instead to their lot. $170 to get it back tonight ('cause other people need to use it in the morning). I'm just glad I actually had that much money.
    A few odds and ends.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Been at the vet's for an hour now.

STILL haven't spoken to the vet.

And that chuwawa won't stop whining.

YES I KNOW THAT ISN'T HOW IT'S SPELLED DON'T CARE MY HEAD US SPLITTING
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    That's the one! Thank you!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Since it got a bit less announcement than the previous: Splatoon demo is up again in ~20 minutes. Anyone else going to be in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I have an idea for a superhero! I don't know what his name should be, so I'll just represent it with a tilde.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    ~'s mother was an exceptionally talented human knight, and his father was an archangel. ~ himself followed in his mother's footsteps, becoming a knight himself as soon as he was able; he ended up exceeding even her, in part due to his angelic heritage. ~ made many friends, yet also quite a few enemies, and eventually, he decided to retire.

It didn't last.

~ was given a robotic bodyguard to protect him, as by now he was too old to protect himself. One day, a magical accident occurred, and ~ and his guardian robot were somehow fused, body and mind, into one being! As the robot was designed to be eternally vigilant, so too became ~. With his renewed cyborg strength, he now defends all life 24/7 against those who would corrupt or destroy it, intending to never sleep unless and until the world becomes completely safe for all. He knows this is an impossible goal, but he still does not back down.

Basically, he's an unsleeping, part-angel cyborg. Cool idea, right?
    Anyone feel like critiquing? I'm leaning toward "The Mithril Guardian" as his superhero name, because he's holy and made (partly) of metal, but I'm not sure. His parents would probably have named him something like "Anthrael," but I'm even less sure about that.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

So, Sweden won Eurovision Song Contest...

Also, I think the vote presentation order was fudged. No one gets as far ahead as Russia did and then just stop receiving votes at the same time as number two start to get all the 12s. All the somewhat surprising votes ended up on the most dramatic side, too. Like Estonia giving more to Russia than to Sweden in the first half, and Romania completely ignoring Russia in the second...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Colossus in the Playground

Anyone feel like critiquing? I'm leaning toward "The Mithril Guardian" as his superhero name, because he's holy and made (partly) of metal, but I'm not sure. His parents would probably have named him something like "Anthrael," but I'm even less sure about that.
    That could work, though I'm not all together sold on the concept to be fair.

Oh also, I've just fought a boss in Bloodborne, killed it first try after running entirely out of healing, and I'm so shaken I have to stop playing for awhile. Way to intense. I love it.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post

Also, I think the vote presentation order was fudged. No one gets as far ahead as Russia did and then just stop receiving votes at the same time as number two start to get all the 12s. All the somewhat surprising votes ended up on the most dramatic side, too. Like Estonia giving more to Russia than to Sweden in the first half, and Romania completely ignoring Russia in the second...
    Dang it! I haven't seen it yet (the live version was at 5am!) .

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Dang it! I haven't seen it yet (the live version was at 5am!) .
    Aww, sorry about ruining your fun...

Show

11. - Top - End - #221

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Since it got a bit less announcement than the previous: Splatoon demo is up again in ~20 minutes. Anyone else going to be in it?
    I FREAKING MISSED IT. I WAS SO EXCITED AND THEN SURPRISE! UNEXPECTED FAMILY DINNER!

I mean, I love my family, but I gotta find out if I'm a squid or a kid, man.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter_d View Post
    I FREAKING MISSED IT. I WAS SO EXCITED AND THEN SURPRISE! UNEXPECTED FAMILY DINNER!

I mean, I love my family, but I gotta find out if I'm a squid or a kid, man.
    It actually went an extra hour on account of roughly the last 45 minutes of the original window being occupied by the server being broken.

So it's still long over, but maybe you could have gotten on and didn't know!
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    It actually went an extra hour on account of roughly the last 45 minutes of the original window being occupied by the server being broken.

So it's still long over, but maybe you could have gotten on and didn't know!
    I got home at 9:30 PM EST. Could I have caught the end of the Testfire?

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Missed Eurovision AND Splatoon? Awww. Russia voting sounds... interesting.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter_d View Post
    I got home at 9:30 PM EST. Could I have caught the end of the Testfire?
    No. Original plan was 3-4 PST (6-7 EST). They only added an hour - you missed it either way.

If you like, there's plenty of streams to watch, largely of people sitting around waiting to be put into a game for five minutes, then getting an error message.
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Regarding Eurovision: 'Straya should have won this deal. It was good. Amazing. Better than Sweden by at least a thousand miles.

Welp, ESC is done and done now, time to chill and forget about this annual fiasco.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

I feel like I'm running low on whimsy; is that called adult? I don't want to adult!
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Eurovision's over, which means it's safe to go back on the internet without having to scroll through walls of people trying to live-blog it.

Also apparently I sort of play MMOs again. This time The Old Republic, aka the game we got instead of KOTOR 3. The single/solo player experience of it involves spending large amounts of walking from place to place with the bulk of the rest of the gameplay consisting of not-terribly-interesting combat that's so common it quickly stops gelling with the story. So in that regard it's nailed what it means to be KOTOR
    The Online aspect can lead to some hiccups, but since it's practically free if you're not into the higher end PVP/Raiding/Crafting/etc. there's only so much I can really complain about.

I feel like I'm running low on whimsy; is that called adult? I don't want to adult!
    No one does, but we don't really have a say in the matter, I'm afraid.

19. - Top - End - #229

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    Incredible. Still marginally better than the IE on my work computer that flashes schizophrenically whenever you move the mouse. It is a non-optimal working environment.

Re: Shovel knight talk. I really enjoyed Cave Story, but I was also terrible at it. Shovel knight looks very difficult for someone like me who is just very bad at games. I'll get through it eventually (see also: my attempts at dark souls) but it has to be really enjoyable in the process. Or exceptionally gratifying on completion.
    GAAAAAAAAASSSPP!
    BATH!
    YOU!
    HOW!
    BUT!
    DUDE!
    WHEREYOUBEENHOWLONGIT'SBEENDEGREEWORK?!?!?!?!
    STUFF
    GAMES!
    LIFE!
    IT IS A THING THAT HAPPENED AND YOU HAVE NOT BEEN HERE CATCH UP TIME NOW PLEASE AND THANK YOU?
    Pease? Pease. Pease. :smallcute:
    And why has no one else noticed this Joy of Joys?

And yes, hard games are hard. I know games. :smallshiftyeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Saw the St. Petersburg ballet perform Swan Lake last night. Not surprisingly, it was pretty good.

Although actually my favourite part, as always, was the music. Heh.

I have now had enough culture to last me the rest of the year
    It's a pretty good ballet for music. Dying Swan anyone?

Oh. That was a thing that happened. Politics as usual I assume?

ION:
    Killer headache.
    Killer.
    For the best part of twenty-four hours.
    Non-stop.
    To the point of nausea.
    No paracetamol or Nurofen yesterday before bed. Took the Foul Lemsip filth.
    Felt like my eyeballs were being scooped out of my skull and shoved up the base of my skull. I say 'felt', I mean 'feels'. Sister was sent for Nurofen in the morning almost as soon as she came back from walking the dogs. Dog. I waited downstairs for over twenty minutes and she hadn't returned. I can walk to the shop, buy a dozen things on a Saturday evening and be back in ten or twelve minutes.
    I went back to the darkish comfort of bed and about ten minutes later Sister hand-delivered my pills to me. Sweet relief! Eventually. And then I slept.
    But now it's back.
    Guuuuhhhhhh.
    I don't want to pop more pills. Already had two today. Don't want more.
    THe base of my skull is in agony.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

20. - Top - End - #230
    Colossus in the Playground

I hope your skull feels better Curly. Skulls are important, especially when they're lined with eyes from the inside like mine.

So yeah, defeated Bloodborne. The fact that I wrote "defeated" instead of beat without thinking probably means more then it should. It was really fantastic. Genuinely worth buying a PS4, especially since I also got The Last Of Us Remastered, and now have access to two inFamous games, ad the Godzilla VS fighting game coming out in a few months. So overall, a good decision all around.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Regarding Eurovision: 'Straya should have won this deal. It was good. Amazing. Better than Sweden by at least a thousand miles.

Welp, ESC is done and done now, time to chill and forget about this annual fiasco.
    Oh Finland, so little sibling syndrome...

Also, was that song anything but a chorus?
    Which is a funny thing for me to ask, since Sweden's chorus was the same two lines repeated over and over, but perhaps that means the verse felt like more of the song...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
    Well, Eurovision's over, which means it's safe to go back on the internet without having to scroll through walls of people trying to live-blog it.
    Now we can finally go back to enjoying 360 days of people trying to live-blog America again. As I've waited!

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Oh. That was a thing that happened. Politics as usual I assume?
    Pretty much, yes. Everyone voted for their neighbours, and the audience booed every time Russia got good scores until the hosts told them off. Then they instead started cheering very loudly every time Russia appeared among the seven lowest votes and Sweden didn't. And Australia doesn't have any neighbours.

And both Austria and Germany got 0 points. And UK's song was so slow that it made the somewhat lively dance number look like it was done in slow motion...

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    ION:
    Killer headache.
    Killer.
    For the best part of twenty-four hours.
    Non-stop.
    To the point of nausea.
    No paracetamol or Nurofen yesterday before bed. Took the Foul Lemsip filth.
    Felt like my eyeballs were being scooped out of my skull and shoved up the base of my skull. I say 'felt', I mean 'feels'. Sister was sent for Nurofen in the morning almost as soon as she came back from walking the dogs. Dog. I waited downstairs for over twenty minutes and she hadn't returned. I can walk to the shop, buy a dozen things on a Saturday evening and be back in ten or twelve minutes.
    I went back to the darkish comfort of bed and about ten minutes later Sister hand-delivered my pills to me. Sweet relief! Eventually. And then I slept.
    But now it's back.
    Guuuuhhhhhh.
    I don't want to pop more pills. Already had two today. Don't want more.
    THe base of my skull is in agony.
    Oh dear! Perhaps you should get someone with medical expertise to look into that.

ION:
    I've spliced so much rope today, my hands hurt. On the positive side, I finished an awesome rope bridge.

IRN:
    It feels strange to work more in the weekends than in the weekdays. Building is fun, but I kinda miss having the time off, and it wreaks havoc with my sleep schedule...

Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Now we can finally go back to enjoying 360 days of people trying to live-blog America again. As I've waited!
    Hey, at least I have practice avoiding that. Eurovision gets into all the places that are safe from Americans Americaning everything

23. - Top - End - #233

And Australia doesn't have any neighbours.
    Sure we do.... they're just... on the other side of the planet to the competition....
    I'm still amazed Australia was even part of eurovision.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234

This seems appropriate.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure we do.... they're just... on the other side of the planet to the competition....
    Most of the countries involved don't care enough about the 'contest' part of it to enter non-terrible acts, it was only a matter of time before they stopped caring about the 'European' part of it

It's not as if they've ever been particularly strict about nationality in any case. Celine Dion represented Switzerland in 1988, for example.

Appropriate and true. It's rather a lose-lose situation for us Europeans who don't care about Eurovision.

At least until the US manages to get itself included in the contest, at which point everybody loses forever.

26. - Top - End - #236

At least until the US manages to get itself included in the contest, at which point everybody loses forever.
    Kanye for Eurovision 2016
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Kanye for Eurovision 2016
    Kanye will be in Eurovision 2016, but only because he purchases Liechtenstein earlier that year and renames it 'Kanyeland'. The USA doesn't enter officially until 2017, where in keeping with the spirit of the contest their entry is a washed-up one-hit-wonder from the late 90s no one remembers.
    When this doesn't work they send Taylor Swift in 2018, but are kept from the top five owing to an unexpectedly strong showing from the UK who, due to a scheduling error, enter the stuffed remains of 18th century philosopher Jeremy Bentham with a tape recorder playing the sound of a pig stepping on a plastic bag repeated for 172 seconds; widely regarded as by far the best British entry in decades.

I think I need to go to bed.
    Last edited by Mx.Silver; 2015-05-24 at 08:38 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, at least I have practice avoiding that. Eurovision gets into all the places that are safe from Americans Americaning everything
    True.

Guest invitation. They won't be here next year unless I'm severely mistaken.

Yeah.

For the record, I was making a reference to this.

Kanye will be in Eurovision 2016, but only because he purchases Liechtenstein Greece earlier that year and renames it 'Kanyeland'. The USA doesn't enter officially until 2017, where in keeping with the spirit of the contest their entry is a washed-up one-hit-wonder from the late 90s no one remembers.
    When this doesn't work they send Taylor Swift in 2018, but are kept from the top five owing to an unexpectedly strong showing from the UK who, due to a scheduling error, enter the stuffed remains of 18th century philosopher Jeremy Bentham with a tape recorder playing the sound of a pig stepping on a plastic bag repeated for 172 seconds; widely regarded as by far the best British entry in decades.
    Also, Norway won. Then, and forever again.

Also, fixed that for you.

ION:
    Yes, right, sleep schedule...

Show

29. - Top - End - #239

Hey, we have every right to be part of Eurovision.

Spoiler: See?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240

I was not aware my house was within walking distance of Portugal. I think I know where my friends shall start our gap year now
    Show