New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Simple Q&A by RAW for Pathfinder 4

Q 338 - Continuation

Looking for a way, I found Mystic Harm, which heals for up to 225 HP. Unfortunately, it's a mystic spell and I have no idea in regards to how they work. How do they? (if this is too much for the thread, I'll make a new one)

Q 341

Is there a way to conceal one's spellcasting that isn't Still and Silent spell? Specifically, a Bard's spell that only has a Somatic component. Something like 3.5's Sleight of Hand?

2. - Top - End - #542
    Spamalot in the Playground

A338 clarification: I don't know what Mystic Harm is. Do you mean Mythic Harm?

Mythic is like PF's version of Epic, except it's available at levels below 20. It's extremely powerful and requires the GM to help you achieve. The only way to get Mythic Harm without being Mythic yourself is the Ascendant Spell metamagic, which is a +5 increase and has no rod.

A341: Metamagic rods - that's about it for now, unless Dirty Tactics Toolbox introduced something I'm unaware of.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #543
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    Q 341

Is there a way to conceal one's spellcasting that isn't Still and Silent spell? Specifically, a Bard's spell that only has a Somatic component. Something like 3.5's Sleight of Hand?
    Adding to Psyren's answer: If you go 3rd party, the Spheres of Power casting has as default no V and G components. But that rules set requires a big buy in.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

Q342 In Pathfinder, other than the abstract masterwork tool, is there any non-magical equipment that gives a bonus to Stealth, Sleight of Hand, and/or Escape Artist? I'm not looking for suggestions ("oh, tell your DM the mw tool might be a...") but for things actually listed in a rulebook somewhere.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Q 343

Divine Power and Anti-Magic Field.

If I am using a bow from outside the AoE of the AMF, does my to hit still benefit from the increased BAB when I shoot into the AMF?

As opposed to Magic Weapon, which I would not since the magic is carried into the field on the arrow.

6. - Top - End - #546

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Q342 In Pathfinder, other than the abstract masterwork tool, is there any non-magical equipment that gives a bonus to Stealth, Sleight of Hand, and/or Escape Artist? I'm not looking for suggestions ("oh, tell your DM the mw tool might be a...") but for things actually listed in a rulebook somewhere.
    A342

Sleight of Hand:
    Dilettantes Outfit: +2 circumstance bonus on Sleight of Hand to conceal small objects
    Pickpocket Outfit: +2 untypted bonus on hiding small objects on your person
    Pocketed Scarf: +4 untyped bonus on Sleight of Hand checks to hide objects on your person
    False Jewelry: +8 untyped bonus on Sleight of Hand checks to hide tiny objects on your person.

Stealth:
    Softpaw Boots: Catfolk Only; +1 circumstance bonus on Stealth checks.
    Umbrite (Special Material): +3 circumstance bonus on Stealth checks while wielding an item made of Umbrite

Escape Artist:
    Grease, Alchemical: +5 alchemical bonus to Escape Artist checks for 4 hours
    Grease, Ooze: +5 alchemical bonus on Escape Artist checks for 1 hour

This is by no means an exhaustive list, just a couple that I saw right off the bat on the d20PFSRD site.
    Last edited by Mehangel; 2015-09-25 at 05:02 PM.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

Q344

What happens when a creature with Stalwart
    Stalwart (Ex): You are able to resist effects with great willpower of fortitude. If you succeed on a Fortitude or Will save against an effect with a partial effect on a successful save, you instead suffer no effects from the attack.
    gets targeted by Baleful Polymorph, and fails its Fortitude save but succeeds at the Will save?
    Last edited by Tuvarkz; 2015-09-25 at 07:11 PM.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ettin in the Playground

A 344 Stalwart won't have any effect on the Fort save either way, since it's already Fort Negate. I'm also not sure what the Will Partial effect of the spell normally is, as it doesn't say, but essentially you'll keep your faculties while you're a shrew, as well as your non-class based supernatural, spell-like and extraordinary abilities, as well as spellcasting ability, provided you have any of those, though you may still have problems when you can't speak or gesticulate correctly with an animal mouth and paws.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

9. - Top - End - #549

A343: The Divine Power is active on you, not on the arrow. An AMF will not cause your arrow to hit with less accuracy (or force, if using a composite bow.)

A344 addendum: The "Will Partial" basically means "making the will save won't end this spell" which is what "will negates" would have done there. In other words, they used Will Partial to let you know that they don't change back if they make the will save.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-09-25 at 10:12 PM.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #550
    Pixie in the Playground

Q345
    What are all the ways of reloading a Crossbow faster? Spells, Wondrous Items, Magic Weapons/bolts, Mythic, Traits, anything goes. The goal is to get a Double Crossbow down one more step to Free action.

I have:
    Rapid Reload (Feat)
    Crossbow Mastery (Feat)
    Inexplicable Reload (Gunslinger, Bolt Ace Deed 11)

The Double Crossbow has a specific interaction with the feats, making reloading both shots a Move action. At 11th, Inexplicable Reload bumps the Move to a Swift. I can't find anything that would let me take it any further though. Is there such a thing?
    Last edited by GoldfishBowl; 2015-09-26 at 02:18 AM.

11. - Top - End - #551

A345
    Does "anything goes" include 3rd party? If yes, then have a look at the "Autoloader Magazine" presented in the Steelforge Playtest. The important bit for you is "Third, it assist when the user recocks and reloads the crossbow, reducing the action required by one type (full-round to move to free)."

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ettin in the Playground

A 345 Addendum The Reloading Hands spell, Kinetic Reload power (especially when augmented to 9 power points) or the Phantom Sun Stance of the Solar Wind Discipline all may also be of assistance in faster reloads.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

13. - Top - End - #553
    Pixie in the Playground

Q346

Does the Gunslinger's 16th level Evasive deed count as the Evasion class feature? For example, would it allow a tiefling to take the Fiendish Resilience feat?

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

A 346 Yes.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

15. - Top - End - #555
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Q347: Is there any metric for comparing monster CR to character levels? For instance, if I add a template to a PC that increases its CR, what would that do to the party's APL?
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #556

A347: CR = LA in PF. So a CR +2 template (or race) would mean that PC is consider ECL (level + 2) when it comes to calculating the party's APL.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #557

Q348: Mostly because I'm having too hard a time wording it on google. Is an effect that grants a bonus on 'caster level checks' the same as a bonus on 'caster level'?

18. - Top - End - #558
    Firbolg in the Playground

Q349 Is there a Template that could allow a normally aquatic creature to either fly or burrow?

I am aware of the spell which lets swimming creatures 'swim' through the air. Am looking for a more permanent solution.

PFSRD 3rd party content is allowed if that helps.

Answered. Apologies.
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2015-09-29 at 03:11 AM.

19. - Top - End - #559

A348: No - the latter will help you with the former, but the former will not help you with the latter.

A caster level check is anytime you roll a d20 and add your caster level to it (e.g. trying to beat someone's spell resistance.) Something that increases your caster level (the latter) will help with that check (the former). But something that increases "caster level checks" won't help when you're not making such a check, e.g. it won't increase the duration of a spell you've cast, because you're not rolling caster level to determine the duration, it's just a static variable for that spell.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

Q349: Can a kineticist somehow obtain a water-only utility power and an earth-only utility power?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

Q350 Is there a Paizo update or replacement for Oversized Two Weapon Fighting? Preferably in feat form.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

22. - Top - End - #562

Q351: Would bonuses of the same type but different levels of specificity stack, like a 'Resistance bonus on Saves' stack with a 'Resistance Bonus on Saves vs X'?

23. - Top - End - #563

MindFlayer

Q 352
    So Psychic Inception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occult Adventures p.43
    Psychic Inception: The hypnotic stare and its penalty can affect creatures that are mindless or immune to mind-affecting effects (such as an undead or vermin). The mesmerist can also partially affect such a creature with his mind-affecting spells and abilities if it's under the effect of his hypnotic stare; it gains a +2 bonus on its saving throw (if any), and if affected, it still has a 50% chance each round of ignoring the effect. Ignoring the effect doesn't end the effect, but does allow the creature to act normally for that round.
    Vs. Protection from Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Protection from Evil
    ... Second, the subject immediately receives another saving throw (if one was allowed to begin with) against any spells or effects that possess or exercise mental control over the creature (including enchantment [charm] effects and enchantment [compulsion] effects, such as charm person, command, and dominate person). This saving throw is made with a +2 morale bonus, using the same DC as the original effect. If successful, such effects are suppressed for the duration of this spell. The effects resume when the duration of this spell expires. While under the effects of this spell, the target is immune to any new attempts to possess or exercise mental control over the target. This spell does not expel a controlling life force (such as a ghost or spellcaster using magic jar), but it does prevent them from controlling the target.
    It seems to me that, by RAW, Psychic Inception does absolutely nothing to strip that protection away. It also seems to me that that is ridiculous, considering Mesmerists can affect creatures that simply don't even have a mind, or creatures who have some sort of buff rendering them immune to all mind-affecting effects, but for some reason can't get their 50% chance to pierce vs. a weaker effect.

Is my RAW reading correct, or am I missing something?

24. - Top - End - #564

Don't know enough about kineticist to cover 349 so hopefully someone else chimes in.

A350: Not sure if there's a feat for this but an even better option is to buy Effortless Lace for the offhand weapon.

A351: No, you would use the higher one that applies.

A352: Just be neutral, it's the best alignment for enchanter-types anyways.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

25. - Top - End - #565
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Q349: Can a kineticist somehow obtain a water-only utility power and an earth-only utility power?
    A349: Only by taking an Expanded Element starting at level 7. You will then qualify for picking a utility power when you level up or by grabbing Extra Wild Talent but note that with either of the options your effective Kineticist level is reduced when picking the talent.
    Last edited by NightbringerGGZ; 2015-10-01 at 10:08 AM.

26. - Top - End - #566

Q353: Do Flurry of Blows and Haste stack to give extra attacks?

27. - Top - End - #567

A353: Yes, you will get an additional attack at your highest attack bonus. This also applies to Unchained Flurry, Brawler's Flurry, Flurry of Stars etc. - they all stack with Haste/Speed.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

28. - Top - End - #568

Q353

If one were to use the Amalgam Template to combine a creature with a Golem would the resultant construct (combining anything with a construct creates a construct with this template) count as a Golem for paying gp to add HD?

Even better! Could one combine a Homunculus with a Golem and upgrade the resultant construct both as a Golem and as a Homunculus?

29. - Top - End - #569
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q355
    Would an Empowered (or Maximized) Telekinesis increase the damage dealt by swords I chuck at people?

Q356
    Would Dazing Spell on Telekinesis affect people hit by swords I chuck at people? If so, do they make one save per spell or per sword?

Q357
    If I have Spell Perfection (Telekinesis), which says "if you have other feats which allow you to apply a set numerical bonus to any aspect of this spell (such as Spell Focus, Spell Penetration, Weapon Focus [ray], and so on), double the bonus granted by that feat when applied to this spell." and I have Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization (Longsword), would I double those feats' bonuses with longswords I chuck at people?

Q358
    Is there a cheaper (less expensive; the cheaper/cheesier the better) way than mithral to make weapons weigh less?

Q359
    How many cubic feet would 15 colossal sawtooth sabres take up?

Q360
    Is there a way to use my own caster level with a Ring of Telekinesis?

Q361
    Actually, on second thought, can you even add your weapon feats (Focus, Spec, Improved Critical, Deadly Aim, etc.) to attacks you make with Telekinesis sword-chucking?
    Last edited by genderlich; 2015-10-02 at 07:27 PM.
    Previous avatar by Sgt. Pepper.

Previous avatar by Akrim.elf.

Current avatar by Cdr.Fallout

Old Desert Sayings, my RPG blog (mostly Pathfinder homebrew).

Responding to stress with rudeness is not the same as responding to stress with genocide.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Q362:
    Mithral medium armor counts as light armor, it still slow down mov. speed or it work as light armor?