New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

So before people burn themselves out grinding justice points for Kela, it has been stated that the Rathuum, and Kela's mod drops are here to stay, so there's no need to try and rush to get the full set before the operation ends.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Dwarf in the Playground

FINALLY GOT THE TWIN KOHMAKS

Took me eight runs, but now I just need to wait for the other Kohmak to finish up. That's about 5 hours away, so not too long :D
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Just saw that the 200 day login reward is Primed Fury. That's just over 40 days for me so I figure if I save my cores until I get it, I just might be able to max it immediately. We'll see how that goes.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

4. - Top - End - #724
    Troll in the Playground

I was really disappointed by the day 150 one. I mean, a decal? That's it? Did I miss something?
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I was really disappointed by the day 150 one. I mean, a decal? That's it? Did I miss something?
    The exilus and the affinity booster maybe? I don't honestly see why DE needs to give the community free weapons or mods just because they log in. Decals, badges, or maybe some potatoes, exilus, or forma would be decent enough rewards for me.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

6. - Top - End - #726
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm actually quite happy with the free sigils myself, though I personally liked the 50 day one more. Ah well. Free Exilus Adapter was nice too :D
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-05-11 at 05:50 AM.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Troll in the Playground

Didn't notice the adapter. That is nice. I'll probably save it for Valkyr Prime.

And yeah, I'd love to see forma as a login reward, too. I can never seem to get enough of them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

Didn't notice the adapter. That is nice. I'll probably save it for Valkyr Prime.

And yeah, I'd love to see forma as a login reward, too. I can never seem to get enough of them.
    Same, especially now that I'm building a dojo.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Firbolg in the Playground

Thanks to my Awesome Friends i know have Vauban PA. I had a few crummy weeks due to surgery and then my HDD went so they all chipped a bit in for me.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

So far I've managed to get everything that drops from the Sab missions. (Vaub BP and Helmet, Fragor Head, and both Akstiletto Recievers). Did a 40 wave T4D but to no avail. Glad I have enough resources stockpiled already to build Vauban Prime because those are some pretty serious amounts of Nitain, Oxium and Cryotic.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

11. - Top - End - #731
    Dwarf in the Playground

I got the Fragor Prime BP and Head on my first attempts, but the Handle (supposedly the easy bit) is still holding out on me after 20 runs of the key to 20-40 waves. I think RNGesus got really confused when he was organizing my drop tables.

Nothing else yet; I'm so close to the Fragor, I just wanna finish it before moving on to another item. Recommendations for the next acquisition?

EDIT: Aaaaand I've got it. Twelve hours from now, my Fragor Prime will be ready for use.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-05-21 at 09:14 AM.

12. - Top - End - #732

Despite my initial thoughts on seeing that it was the AkStiletto for the gun they are very good, Massive Status Machine with some good damage potential. Ive got mine doing 1k Blast with a 95% proc and they were still doing a reasonable job at wave 40 in the T4D we did earlier.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, so I'm back to Warframe after about 3 years away. My fully loaded Ash, Dual Fang, etc is in good shape.... but I cannot find the screen to alter what mods are equipped. In the Arsenal my only choices are "Appearance" and "equip." It seems that Warframes always carry all skills active, as I'm pretty sure I never bothered wasting mod space on Shuriken. There's also something in the keyboard controls about a 5th power, but I haven't seen that yet.

Did they mod the wallrunning heavily at some point? I used to be able to jump and run along a wall horizontally, or up one, but all I've managed to do today is a funny bunny-hop up a wall.
    Things published on DM's Guild
    Campaign Logs:
    Baldur's Gate 2 (ongoing)
    Castle Dracula (Castlevania)
    Against the Idol of the Sun (high level hexcrawl)

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    Ok, so I'm back to Warframe after about 3 years away. My fully loaded Ash, Dual Fang, etc is in good shape.... but I cannot find the screen to alter what mods are equipped. In the Arsenal my only choices are "Appearance" and "equip." It seems that Warframes always carry all skills active, as I'm pretty sure I never bothered wasting mod space on Shuriken. There's also something in the keyboard controls about a 5th power, but I haven't seen that yet.

Did they mod the wallrunning heavily at some point? I used to be able to jump and run along a wall horizontally, or up one, but all I've managed to do today is a funny bunny-hop up a wall.
    So uhhh... most things changed from what I know in the 3 year period you were gone. When I'm at home I can go through the basics if someone else hasn't already.

EDIT: Alright, back at home. Basically, as I said, a whole bunch of things changed. I'll provide the wiki links because I'm lazy.

First: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods_2.0 and http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0
    They rehauled the upgrad system and reworked the damage system. Explained there.

A 5th power is available after a certain quest. Go to Uranus and scan the blue things that occasionally show up to start the quest.

Movement got reworked, and all the actions are listed here. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Movement
    Last edited by IZ42; 2016-05-21 at 02:39 PM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks!

Mods became available partway through the Vor questline.
    Campaign Logs:

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

Picking up Warframe after three years much like J-H (played it for a couple weeks after the open beta hit) and ye gods the game is playable now with no hidden mechanics (laser doors and wall running, I'm looking at you) hard stopping you on missions.

I'm still in my Excalibur (due to the only way I knew to reliably get through the laser doors being the slash ability in the early beta) with a Burston and I've gotten through the Vor quest line, starting on the bioweapons one and I'm finding it hard going (keep on forgetting the existance of inventory items), so I'll probably need to start finding pubbies to work with.

I'm a little lost on which frame and weapon to be working for as the choice is somewhat overwhelming now. I do remember I was working towards the Rhino, but that appears to be mastery locked (I'm guess I need to have a higher frame level?) and I prefer the burst fire rifles over the FA and SA variants if that helps any.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd be glad to be of assistance if either of you two want. Contact me in-game at corsair238. If you're looking for a clan I can even invite you to mine.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2016-05-22 at 09:14 AM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    I'd be glad to be of assistance if either of you two want. Contact me in-game at corsair238. If you're looking for a clan I can even invite you to mine.
    Thank you for the offer and you've reminded me of another issue - latency. Does it matter which server a player is connected to with regards to playing with others?

19. - Top - End - #739
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Thank you for the offer and you've reminded me of another issue - latency. Does it matter which server a player is connected to with regards to playing with others?
    Yes and no, my understanding is that you get connected first with the people with the lowest ping times, then greater and greater pings. So on the North America server, I would be connected with other people from the area first, then if it was only two guys in Europe playing that mission, I'd end up getting thrown into their group, as long as the ping is below the cutoff limit (default is 300 ms IIRC). One of the guys in my clan lives in Egypt and he can play with us (Mostly East coast and great lakes region of the US) no problem as long as he isn't hosting it. When he hosts by accident its very laggy for the rest of us and prone to crashing due to disconnecting from the host.

Hope this helps, welcome back to the game.
    Long-form Sig

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

I have max'd (and Reactor'd) Ash, Excal, Rhino, Ember, Banshee, Frost Prime, and a near-max Saryn. I may be forgetting one. Ash is my favorite, Banshee's pretty good, Frost is useful, and I don't recall being too impressed with Ember.

Secondary weapons (max/near max): That magnum revolver, Afuris, and something else that i never use.

Melee: Sledgehammer, Reaper Prime, Dual Fang. Dual fang is the best but I'm levelling the Reaper' now.

Primaries: I have Latron prime, Snipetron Vandal, Strum Wraith, Boar, Braton, Gorgon (yuck), and maybe something else. I like the accuracy of the Latron, but it's got a lower rate of fire than I prefer. Is there a full-auto or burst-fire rifle primary that is actually accurate? There wasn't 3 years ago. The Braton was as good as it gets and it still sprays all over the place when shooting at long-range targets.
    Last edited by J-H; 2016-05-22 at 04:27 PM.
    Campaign Logs:

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

I have max'd (and Reactor'd) Ash, Excal, Rhino, Ember, Banshee, Frost Prime, and a near-max Saryn. I may be forgetting one. Ash is my favorite, Banshee's pretty good, Frost is useful, and I don't recall being too impressed with Ember.

Secondary weapons (max/near max): That magnum revolver, Afuris, and something else that i never use.

Melee: Sledgehammer, Reaper Prime, Dual Fang. Dual fang is the best but I'm levelling the Reaper' now.

Primaries: I have Latron prime, Snipetron Vandal, Strum Wraith, Boar, Braton, Gorgon (yuck), and maybe something else. I like the accuracy of the Latron, but it's got a lower rate of fire than I prefer. Is there a full-auto or burst-fire rifle primary that is actually accurate? There wasn't 3 years ago. The Braton was as good as it gets and it still sprays all over the place when shooting at long-range targets.
    Ember got buffed to all hell. Now she's one of the best killing frames in game IIRC. Ash and Saryn have prime variants, too.

Secondaries: Those are pretty good. Lex prime is rather easy to require and is basically a mini-sniper rifle.

Melee: by sledgehammer you mean fragor? or Jat kittag? Fragor got a prime variant very recently, which is very good, and Jat Kitty is the best hammer in game IIRC. I'd recommend getting Nikana Prime.

Primaries. Sybaris is very good, too bad you missed the anniversary this year, which gave out an even better variant of Sybaris. It's accurate, fires two bullets in one trigger pull and is super accurate over most ranges. Soma and Soma Prime are very good mid range bullet hoses, and in bursts can be used relatively long ranged. Stradavar is mediocre in every aspect, but is pinpoint accurate.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #742
    Colossus in the Playground

Frost got buffed to all hell too. Snow Globe has infinite duration, Avalanche removes armor, he got plenty of extra armor, etc. And yeah, Ember is the best speed-run frame in the game for lower level missions now and holds up surprisingly well even in very high levels (100+) as a CC/damage amalgamation with Firequake and/or Fireball Frenzy (ability augment mods, new thing that gives abilities some extra effects) + Accelerant.

Saryn got reworked and is a bit weird now but she still does good damage with Spores + Gas/Toxin procs. Gone are the days of Miasma nuking everything in the world though. Also, Ash got indirectly buffed a ton by some mods that really enhance Bladestorm (you can hold a melee weapon to get Body Count benefits [mod that makes combo counter last longer] and attack speed [speeds up finisher animation nowadays] while casting it).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

I'm only rank 6 or 7, so the Sybaris is out. I just built a Hind, and it seems to be good...haven't gotten to do a long-range firefight with it yet, though. I've been running Archwing missions, which are "defend the excavator." If I wasn't way over-levelled they might be a challenge solo.

It's nice to have a huge stockpile of "stuff." I even have a couple of Orokin reactors & catalysts. I just used up my last Control Module, so I'll have to go hunting for some of those. I also need to look into the "resource extractor" thing.
    Campaign Logs:

24. - Top - End - #744

I just used up my last Control Module, so I'll have to go hunting for some of those.
    And then soon you'll have more than you ever need and if you spend any time in the void come to hate them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    And then soon you'll have more than you ever need and if you spend any time in the void come to hate them.
    Especially when you need some Argon Crystals because when they're on the ground they look exactly the same and there's always that moment of hope that it's a crystal that is, every time, dashed upon the cruel rocks of yet another Control Module.

I am B.
    Are you B?

26. - Top - End - #746

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    Especially when you need some Argon Crystals because when they're on the ground they look exactly the same and there's always that moment of hope that it's a crystal that is, every time, dashed upon the cruel rocks of yet another Control Module.
    Which is why its better to be jaded and have a moment of joy when its not a CM
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

I ran a couple of T2 exterminate missions and picked up 5 CMs. I think the missions may still require keys and I probably should have done the "post an invite" thing in chat like I used to do, but oh well.

The Hind is pretty good so far...lackluster in damage when it's only level 7 but I think that'll get better over time.

It looks like Ash is still my favorite. Good balance of speed, armor, mobility, and a good panic-button ult.

Archwing is under construction.

I'm not really sure what (if anything) I'll work towards building. Maybe I'll just do some more formas on my dual fangs or something.
    Campaign Logs:

28. - Top - End - #748
    Dwarf in the Playground

I ran a couple of T2 exterminate missions and picked up 5 CMs. I think the missions may still require keys and I probably should have done the "post an invite" thing in chat like I used to do, but oh well.

The Hind is pretty good so far...lackluster in damage when it's only level 7 but I think that'll get better over time.

It looks like Ash is still my favorite. Good balance of speed, armor, mobility, and a good panic-button ult.

Archwing is under construction.

I'm not really sure what (if anything) I'll work towards building. Maybe I'll just do some more formas on my dual fangs or something.
    Hind's OK, but you have better options for burst-fire guns. Try the Sybaris or Tiberon, you'll have a great time.

Ash is my personal favorite too, though I wish his ult was a bit less "panic button" and more of an active thing. Maybe a mobility equivalent to Exalted Blade Excal's high damage and Primal Fury Wukong's CC.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, the Tiberon is basically a 3-round burst sniper rifle. Though overall, I found that I prefer a true sniper like Vectis with Twin Grakatas for when I need to pour a lot of lead downrange in a hurry.

I recently discovered that I don't have the stance for Lacera, and I understand that it's a rare drop from Scorpions. Any particular place that's good for killing huge numbers of them that I could solo while leveling frames and weapons so I'm a bit low-powered?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

I recently discovered that I don't have the stance for Lacera, and I understand that it's a rare drop from Scorpions. Any particular place that's good for killing huge numbers of them that I could solo while leveling frames and weapons so I'm a bit low-powered?
    The best place to do it (albeit not solo) is probably Draco. Just figure out a way to contribute in the normal ways (EV Trin, RJ Excal, FF Frost/othe buffer) or bring Corrosive Projection and ask to leech since the fourth slot isn't really necessary.

I am B.
    Are you B?