New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Xiander View Post
    I picked up this game a few days sgo, and I am having fun, but man is it dificult to figure out what to do.
    I have managed to get to Ceres, but I am having a hard time unlocking the relay to the next planey.
    meanwhile i set upon the task of craftin a Frost warframe. I am having fun with my volt, but i bet it pays off to diversify. I have all the bluprints and parts, except the plastids. and man is it a slow grind to farm those on phobos. I am only lacking 250. But that is still at least hours of grind.

any tips to the new warframe in the playground?
    Do you have access to Saturn? I usually farm for plastids there.

One of these days I need to farm up more void fissure fragment things; I only have one more chance to get the Paris Prime grip. Is there a particular mission type that people like for hitting fissures? Exterminate have been the easiest for me between having the total number of enemies in the mission limited so I don't get swarmed by hundreds of regular enemies while I'm working on it and the tendency of the enemies in, say, sabotage to not drop reactant (I've failed at least 3 because it just wouldn't drop).

In other random news, I've decided that if DE adds any more sniper rifles to the game I'm going to level them up with Banshee. Passive silence is glorious for stealth gameplay. As hilarious as it is to walk up behind someone and shotgun him in the back of the head at point-blank without alerting his buddy that's 10 feet away, there are times when I would like to not be in the middle of the fray and the weapons I'm leveling now (Hek and Tysis) don't really give me good long range options.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    Oh and apparently you don't actually need to research the Kavat Incubator Segment because the BP also drops from Hyekka Masters.
    Huh. That explains how I have one in my inventory.

I picked up this game a few days sgo, and I am having fun, but man is it dificult to figure out what to do.
    I have managed to get to Ceres, but I am having a hard time unlocking the relay to the next planey.
    meanwhile i set upon the task of craftin a Frost warframe. I am having fun with my volt, but i bet it pays off to diversify. I have all the bluprints and parts, except the plastids. and man is it a slow grind to farm those on phobos. I am only lacking 250. But that is still at least hours of grind.

any tips to the new warframe in the playground?
    It's a lot easier to work out where to go next since the latest patch since everything's streamlined (unless you have random planets unlocked from before).

With regard to plastids, I suggest keeping an eye out for alerts that offer them as rewards, or joining public Dark Sector missions on Phobos and hope to get carried by a high level group. A quick wiki walk indicates Zeugma is a survival and Memphis is a defence - I would recommend the defence mission since it's easier for people to revive you if (or rather when) you die.
    The Carrier sentinel is also a nice thing to have and well worth the investment in my opinion.

If you're insisting on soloing them, then a tanky frame and a slash based weapon with corrosive is highly recommended (I use a Rhino with a galatine in melee stance).

3. - Top - End - #873
    Barbarian in the Playground

I do not have access to saturn yet. according to the wiki, the only accessible planet where plastids drop is phobos.

Alerts is a good idea, i hadn't thought of them.
    I could also redouble my attempt at gettint to jipiter and saturn, but I am having real trouble unlocking the Jupiter relay.

survive 20 minutes is just to much for me. I migt be able to persuade some freinds to help me out though.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    One of these days I need to farm up more void fissure fragment things; I only have one more chance to get the Paris Prime grip. Is there a particular mission type that people like for hitting fissures? Exterminate have been the easiest for me between having the total number of enemies in the mission limited so I don't get swarmed by hundreds of regular enemies while I'm working on it and the tendency of the enemies in, say, sabotage to not drop reactant (I've failed at least 3 because it just wouldn't drop).
    I was under the impression that void relics are almost entirely analogous to Void Keys - do they not still appear as rewards in Excavation missions like they used to?

[EDIT] I looked it up - you get Void Relics from any endless missions, so Excavation, Survival, Defence and Interception all drop them every few rotations.

I know that they definitely appear as rewards in Spy missions, though there's still a much bigger pool to randomly generate them from. It's certainly easier, but far more unreliable.

Lastly, buy them from syndicates. I've got all the weapons and mods, so it's pretty much the only thing that I spend my influence on.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Lastly, buy them from syndicates. I've got all the weapons and mods, so it's pretty much the only thing that I spend my influence on.
    That's what I've been doing. I haven't quite been playing every day, but assuming I get all of my daily allotment (not counting the missions, which I rarely do), at my MR I average just over 1.5 pack per day (I'm liking the drop to 20k from the Key Packs' 25k).
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

6. - Top - End - #876
    Colossus in the Playground

Orokin Derelict Survival and Defense are great for most of the relics. There are choice Lith and Meso (T1/2) relics in the A-rotation and then a very high chance of some Neo-relic in B-rotation and Axi in C. Other places drop them mostly in B or C rotations, depending on the mission tier. I'd say Derelict is generally the best place to go for them, though there are few particulars where Derelict isn't amazing. Some list I'd seen on Reddit:

Spoiler: Best relic farm locations
    Show

T1 (Lith):
    • Tikal (Earth) (Excavation, Rotation B)
    • Cervantes (Earth) (Excavation, Rotation B)
    • Kiliken (Venus) (Excavation, Rotation B)
    • Martialis (Mars) (Excavation, Rotation B)
    • Wendell (Phobos) (Excavation, Rotation B)
    • Orokin Derelict Defense (Rotation A)

T2 (Meso):

If Meso B2:
    • Orokin Derelict Survival (Rotation A)

If not Meso B2:
    • Lillith (Europa) (Excavation, Rotation B)
    • Valefor (Europa) (Excavation, Rotation B)

T3 (Neo):

If you want Axi V2 on the side:
    • Despina, Neptune, (Excavation, Rotation B)

If you want greater chances at T3 relics
    • Cholistan, Europa, (Excavation, Rotation B)

T4 (Meso):
    • Hieracon, Pluto, (Excavation, Rotation B)

Note, the preference for Excavations is because Excavations go through Rotations the fastest and thus you get the most key rotations for your time invested if you do them efficiently.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

survive 20 minutes is just to much for me. I migt be able to persuade some freinds to help me out though.
    Depending on what times you play, I can help out with the 20 minutes Draco survival and the Junction (if I remember correctly, the Valkyr spectre was surprisingly tough compared to the others). My ingame name is the same as here (BrotherOni) and I play in the evenings here (~18:00 to midnight BST).

8. - Top - End - #878

I do not have access to saturn yet. according to the wiki, the only accessible planet where plastids drop is phobos.

Alerts is a good idea, i hadn't thought of them.
    I could also redouble my attempt at gettint to jipiter and saturn, but I am having real trouble unlocking the Jupiter relay.

Try the recruiting channel, maybe there would be some people willing to help out.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

9. - Top - End - #879

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Depending on what times you play, I can help out with the 20 minutes Draco survival and the Junction (if I remember correctly, the Valkyr spectre was surprisingly tough compared to the others). My ingame name is the same as here (BrotherOni) and I play in the evenings here (~18:00 to midnight BST).
    I am also happy to help get you through Draco. When I was starting out I was taxi'd around often enough that I now strongly believe in paying it forward where I can.

Although, I have been lately toying with the idea of starting over with a new account so that I can experience the junctions "properly" - I've smashed through them all with my lv30 Loki Prime, the hardest one requiring three shots from a Vaykor Hek to put down, so I feel that I have missed out on some of the authenticity.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2016-07-29 at 05:24 AM.

10. - Top - End - #880

Brother Oni and Wraith: Thanks for the offers to help out, but i managed to get through with the help of some of my freimds, turns out surviving 20 minutes is a lot easier when you have a Loki to spam dubæicates to draw the attention away from you.

The Valkyr specter was a real bitch until i figured out that i could spam my fourth ability and beat her to death while she was stunned.

I managed to get my plastids too, bringing two freinds on the farming treck doubled the output pr run.

i might still take you up on your offers later though.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Titan in the Playground

Although, I have been lately toying with the idea of starting over with a new account so that I can experience the junctions "properly" - I've smashed through them all with my lv30 Loki Prime, the hardest one requiring three shots from a Vaykor Hek to put down, so I feel that I have missed out on some of the authenticity.
    There was a level 25 spectre who went down to a single three round burst to the head from my tiberon, so I know exactly how you feel.

Brother Oni and Wraith: Thanks for the offers to help out, but i managed to get through with the help of some of my freimds, turns out surviving 20 minutes is a lot easier when you have a Loki to spam dubæicates to draw the attention away from you.
    Also picking the right tool for the job. For example, a stealth based frame or a bow wouldn't be my first choice for a defence mission since the former's abilities are entirely negated by the mission type and the latter simply can't put enough fire downfield (barring silly amounts of punchthrough).

12. - Top - End - #882

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Also picking the right tool for the job. For example, a stealth based frame or a bow wouldn't be my first choice for a defence mission since the former's abilities are entirely negated by the mission type and the latter simply can't put enough fire downfield (barring silly amounts of punchthrough).
    I am becomming more and mor aware of the importance of picking the right tool. I am however limited, as I have only one frame (volt), and have hesitated to craft weapons for fear of running out of slots.

I am crafting the Frost warframw and some alternate weapons now, so that should help a bit.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Troll in the Playground

Wait until your daily login reward is a 75% discount, then buy some plat. (People can make plat off trading, but as a new player you won't have anything that people want.) With the discount, you can get something like 1000plat for about $10. That will be plenty if you only use it for weapon and frame slots. You will definitely want a variety of both of those; I've kept all of the frames I've built (even though there are only a couple that I use regularly), and I'm starting to wish that I hadn't sold so many of the weapons that I used to have.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

14. - Top - End - #884

NecromancerGuy

Wait until your daily login reward is a 75% discount, then buy some plat. (People can make plat off trading, but as a new player you won't have anything that people want.) With the discount, you can get something like 1000plat for about $10. That will be plenty if you only use it for weapon and frame slots. You will definitely want a variety of both of those; I've kept all of the frames I've built (even though there are only a couple that I use regularly), and I'm starting to wish that I hadn't sold so many of the weapons that I used to have.
    Amen to this, the only frames I get rid of are the ones that I've got the prime version cooking in the foundry.

I'd suggest getting enough frame slots for all the frames and then somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-30 weapon slots. Thats plenty of slots to work with, I'm at MR 20 with 24 weapon slots iirc.
    Long-form Sig

15. - Top - End - #885

If you get your economy rolling (I can give tips on that front) and have the time/patience to sell stuff, you can easily make enough to turn in a profit all the while buying any slots/potatoes/whatever you need. That's later in the game though; it takes a while to get to that point as it means you'll need a decent number of trades and means to acquire something people actually want to buy.

It's also easy to turn your plat into even more plat with some time (e.g. invest into stuff like Baro's items or something, sell later for massive profit - use plat to fill out sets and sell the full sets - etc.). Another perk of getting a decent start going. I basically sell no leveling weapons nowadays since I might want to use them later to build a new weapon (Heliocor just now was the latest instance of "luckily I have this Gammacor").

Oh, and Frost is a wonderful frame to have - good choice there (though I suppose it's also an accessibility question). A very versatile frame that covers a great variety of circumstances and is the godking of Defense-type runs (except Sortie Defense, but even there he's quite good with his CC). Honestly, if I were making a list of "5 must-have Warframes", Frost would definitely be up on that list. But in general, I recommend keeping all the Warframes you have - everything, even the poor Hydroid, has its uses.

I think my list would include like...Frost, Trinity, Nova, Nekros, Ivara/Loki. Not sure about the last one. A stealth frame with AOE CC either way. That covers most of the big special things you can't really replicate with other frames that well (Snow Globe, Energy Vampire, Speed & Slow MPrime, Desecrate, Invisibility).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

16. - Top - End - #886

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    If you get your economy rolling (I can give tips on that front) and have the time/patience to sell stuff, you can easily make enough to turn in a profit all the while buying any slots/potatoes/whatever you need. That's later in the game though; it takes a while to get to that point as it means you'll need a decent number of trades and means to acquire something people actually want to buy.

It's also easy to turn your plat into even more plat with some time (e.g. invest into stuff like Baro's items or something, sell later for massive profit - use plat to fill out sets and sell the full sets - etc.). Another perk of getting a decent start going. I basically sell no leveling weapons nowadays since I might want to use them later to build a new weapon (Heliocor just now was the latest instance of "luckily I have this Gammacor").

Oh, and Frost is a wonderful frame to have - good choice there (though I suppose it's also an accessibility question). A very versatile frame that covers a great variety of circumstances and is the godking of Defense-type runs (except Sortie Defense, but even there he's quite good with his CC). Honestly, if I were making a list of "5 must-have Warframes", Frost would definitely be up on that list. But in general, I recommend keeping all the Warframes you have - everything, even the poor Hydroid, has its uses.

I think my list would include like...Frost, Trinity, Nova, Nekros, Ivara/Loki. Not sure about the last one. A stealth frame with AOE CC either way. That covers most of the big special things you can't really replicate with other frames that well (Snow Globe, Energy Vampire, Speed & Slow MPrime, Desecrate, Invisibility).
    I might want tips on making platinum, sooner or later that is bound to be useful.
    At the moment, I really don't have money to spend on the game, so any plat i get will have to comefrom game interactions, not involving my wallet. For now I am getting warframes based on accessability and personal preference. Not the most optimised way to go about it, I know, but I am having fun so far.

17. - Top - End - #887

Griffon

That's a perfectly good way to play, and it definitely was how I played for a long time.

I strongly recommend that, even if you aren't trying to earn platinum yet, you should join the in-game Syndicates sooner rather than later. They're key to earning later in the game, but it requires quite a lot of effort to get to that point and it's better to start early while you don't *need* them so that they're ready to go when you do.

18. - Top - End - #888

That's a perfectly good way to play, and it definitely was how I played for a long time.

I strongly recommend that, even if you aren't trying to earn platinum yet, you should join the in-game Syndicates sooner rather than later. They're key to earning later in the game, but it requires quite a lot of effort to get to that point and it's better to start early while you don't *need* them so that they're ready to go when you do.
    Thanks for the tip, I haven't seen much of the syndicates in the game yet. What exactly are they and how do i join?

19. - Top - End - #889

Get the slots as you need them. Have a few Warframe slots to keep what your working on and have found you like and then as you find more frames you like get more if they outstrip your available slots. If you don't like it the sell it once its 30 and use the space for something else.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

20. - Top - End - #890

Griffon

Thanks for the tip, I haven't seen much of the syndicates in the game yet. What exactly are they and how do i join?
    Inside your ship, just to the left of the Navigation console, is another marked "Syndicates" that flashes through 6 different coloured logos. You can read all about them by interacting with it, but the short story is that you pay a small fee to join a syndicate and they give you extra missions to complete. The more you complete, the more Standing you accrue, which allows you to pay slightly more fees in order to advance through the syndicate ranks. The higher rank you are, the better the rewards you can get. At Rank 5, you get access to some unique and usually very effective weaponry.

You can join as many Syndicates as you want, but some of them are at war with each other - if you gain standing in one, it will give you a small bonus to its' allies but take standing away from it's enemies and THEIR allies. Typically, you can juggle three Syndicates without effecting the others - Cephalon Suda/Arbiters of Hexis/Steel Meridian is very common, as they have some good mods and two of the three best weapons in the game. If you want to make money later on, buying the Cephalon Suda weapons for Standing and then selling them for Platinum tends to be very easy.

They don't really have any effect on the game - there are no Syndicate related PvP missions or anything like that, they're just in-game plot hooks that give you stuff for playing. If nothing else it gives you a bunch of missions to do every day, so if you're waiting on something to build or need to grind for XP or resources then it's a goal to work towards and make best use of your playtime.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

On a side note, you do have to be MR3 before you can get started on Syndicates and MR12 to trade for Syndicate weapons.
    There are a number of other little things that aren't explained very well (eg rank up costs, Insignia drops), but they become more important once you've got the hang of Syndicates.

Aside from the ones already mentioned, there are two other independent Syndicates, Sanctuary and Conclave, which can be found on the upper floors of Relays.

Sanctuary missions involve scanning targets with a special Synthesis Scanner (you may have run across some really tough glowing purple bad guys in missions but don't fight back properly), while Conclave ones are PVP (which can also be found on a terminal on the right hand side of the Navigation console). There's also Darvo (you may remember him from the Vor's prize quest line) who has some missions; he can be found in the room to the left of the Sanctuary.

I can't say when these are unlocked as my advancement record is somewhat screwy due to my playing in the open beta and before the recent system map change.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2016-07-30 at 02:50 PM.

22. - Top - End - #892

Let's see, a quick plat-maker's Bible. There are different levels you can operate on. Like I said, getting started is the hard part. When you don't have a lot of plat, you can't do things like investing or purchasing random prime parts and selling them for ducats or things of that nature. Thus:

Plat with no investment opportunities
    • Void rewards
    • Syndicate mods
    • Derelict mods
    • Void Trader Goods

Void relic rewards can be really valuable. To start you'll need to farm Void relics (any Survival/Excavation 3rd/7th/etc. drop is a relic, higher level = higher rank relic). Once you have some, use Recruitment chat (or clan) to find groups playing that particular relic (grouping quadruples your chances of getting the part you want), play the mission and see what you get. Pick the most valuable piece (Warframe Market is a decent price guide), and then you sell it (Market or Trade Chat; NAWest generally pays highest if the timezones work for you). Best single items (best of the "rares") can fetch upwards to 100 platinum though they're all rare and even with 4 people you only have an ~8% chance of getting one.

Syndicate mods are easy. Join a syndicate, play normally, perhaps play some syndicate missions (and try to find the syndicate medallions; they often add up to more rep than the whole syndicate mission bonus) and once you get to the max rank, begin selling the mods at ~15p each. This is a good way to make a tidy, steady profit.

Derelict mod farming got a bit harder to do with the last patch. Basically, you need to play some Void missions to get enough Void Traces for Dragon keys, then join a Vault Run in Recruitment and build the appropriate Dragon key for that group. This basically means all 4 people have one of the Dragon keys guaranteeing one of the players has the right one (the one needed to open the Vault is random). Then you just play through the mission, find the Vault, open it and hopefully get a good mod (Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude, Fleeting Expertise, Overextended, Narrow Minded & Heavy Caliber all fetch 20p+, some others are ~10p too).

Void Trader, well, you again need to farm Void Relics, farm Prime parts and then sell them for ducats (and farm credits), which you can use to buy items from the Void Trader when he shows up (every 2 weeks; he's there right now). Generally people buy his mods for 100p soon enough after his departure and the weapons can go for 200-300p after a while. Definitely good investment though selling them immediately tends to return poor gains.

Investment Opportunities

There are two primary ways to gain plat through investment:
    • Fill out sets of items and sell full sets.
    • Buy things that will soon be unavailable and sell them later.

Filling out Prime Sets is simple enough; you can generally get more for a full Soma Prime Set than its pieces combined. This is because lots of people don't want to waste time looking for the individual pieces in trade but would rather buy the whole shebang even if it costs a bit more. Thus, you farm some parts, realize you're missing something and buy the missing parts for relatively cheap and then sell the set for a good price. Same applies to Sortie Weapons, Archwing Weapons and other things where you need multiple parts to craft the whole. You can even buy things from ground-up; this will still turn in a tidy profit purely off the set bonus and the fact that you can buy many pieces at low prices and sell higher. This is a direct time > plat conversion.

The second option is buying things that will be unavailable, which inevitably causes their prices to soar. This includes Void items that are about to be Vaulted (next up is Nyx Prime/Scindo Prime/Hikou Prime) and Void Trader items (when the trader is in the house, it's rather profitable to buy the items he's selling and then sell them later; though avoid buying Primed mods as the trade tax of 1M credits is kinda prohibitive). You buy stuff, wait a couple of months, sell some if you need plat, and continue. This is by far the most efficient means of gaining plat in the game but it's slow and thus you need a decent bank to be able to do this kind of investment and to get by plat-wise while your investments are "growing interest" in your inventory.

You can also do other types of investing in future items, like buying random prime parts, selling them for ducats and using those ducats to buy extras from the Void Trader. Another option would be to speculatively collect sets before new Prime release (and thus changes in the Void rotations); those rarity and location changes can have a substantial impact on item price.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2016-07-30 at 08:14 PM.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

I found this tool which parses the main display active window and returns the rarity and ducat value of the current rewards from a void mission reward selection.

I've been trying it out and seems to work, although it can be a little buggy and slow to update sometimes, it's faster than looking up handwritten reward tables: Reddit thread.

Requires Windows 10 and .Net Framework 4.5+.

Edit: You can right click on tiles in the Corpus hacking games to rotate anti clockwise.

I am not a clever man.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2016-08-02 at 05:36 PM.

24. - Top - End - #894

So I reached the quest "The new strange".
    What does "synthesize 3 Arid Lancers" Actually mean?

25. - Top - End - #895

So I reached the quest "The new strange".
    What does "synthesize 3 Arid Lancers" Actually mean?
    3 times:
    1. Go to one of the specified missions
    2. Find the "Arid Lancer Synthesis Target"
    3. Use a synthesis scanner gear item (gotten from Cephalon Simaris) to scan the 4 glowing points on the Lancer unit
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #896

To be clear, that doesn't mean any Arid Lancer. Most Grineer missions on the desert tileset (e.g. Phobos or Mars) should be fine. Each mission where Simaris appears in the start and says "There's a sanctuary target here - blablabla" contains a special "Synthesis Target" somewhere. The target will spawn once you enter some room on the map, occasionally along the normal mission path, occasionally in the side rooms. You can see occasional traces leading towards it through the Synthesis Scanner in the form of sorts of multicoloured spiral arrows. Either way, just explore the map if Simaris appeared in the start and you'll find the target eventually.

Once you find the target, you'll need to scan all the "dots" on it. It will try to escape and it has some abilities like going invisible, teleporting and making a fake replica of itself. Thus it helps to bring the trap along and to use it near the enemy; this keeps the target still while you scan (it's possible but hard without doing this; Warframe CC can be used but they have reduced effect - also, the target has LOTS of HP so don't worry about killing it). Both the scanners and the traps need to be placed in your Equipment-list from the Arsenal before they can be used (then you'll need to find out what key opens your inventory in-game to actually use them).

27. - Top - End - #897

Well that sounds complicated.

How often do sunthesis targets spawn? I have yet to find one and I have been going aroung on mars for a while now.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Titan in the Playground

If you have the Synthesis Scanner out and the target is in the same 'room' or one over, Simaris will say you've found it and it will appear on the mini-map. It will be the glowing purple target (like the glow from Grineer Guardsmen).
    If it all seems a bit confusing, you can talk to Simaris again and he'll stick you through a short tutorial.

A word of warning, I highly recommend doing Synthesis missions solo though (The New Strange excepted) as people will only get the Simaris blurb at the mission start if they have a Synthesis scanner equipped and may end up attacking it. You also have the arsehats who intentionally kill it or won't give you the time to locate and scan the target.

On the plus side, if you have people who are also properly hunting targets, you only need to be near by them and you both get the standing gain up to the daily cap.

Once you've completed The New Strange, you have a choice of targets you can hunt for (console to the left of Simaris' room) and he'll give you a daily target. I highly recommend the wiki to look up the base level so you can find the right missions for the target to spawn in.
    You can also scan any enemy for Simaris standing with the Synthesis scanner instead of affinity with the codex scanner, although I recommend getting the infinite scans widget first (synthesis scanners are 10 times more expensive than codex scanners at 5,000 for 25 instead of 500 for 25).

How often do sunthesis targets spawn? I have yet to find one and I have been going aroung on mars for a while now.
    Synthesis targets only spawn if A) someone has a Synthesis Scanner equipped and B) their target (either Simaris daily or chosen from the console) is in the mission they're currently running. As mentioned earlier, if you also have a Synthesis Scanner equipped you'll get the same message from Simaris and you can piggyback on their standing gain.

If you don't have the scanner equipped, you won't get the message and may miss it entirely except for this really tough glowing purple target. If you don't have the scanner out when the target is found, you'll miss the "it's here" message and mistake it as a boss (I accidentally did this last night as I mistook a broodmother synthesis target for a juggernaut on an infested mission. In my defence, I've never seen a juggernaut as it's either dead by the time I reach the rest of the team or it moves on).
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2016-08-03 at 02:26 AM.

29. - Top - End - #899

Thanks for the help guys, I figured out my problem. I was using a codex scanner instead of the synthesis scanner.
    Once I corrected that, I quickly got all three targets scanned.

30. - Top - End - #900

Thanks for the help guys, I figured out my problem. I was using a codex scanner instead of the synthesis scanner.
    Once I corrected that, I quickly got all three targets scanned.
    Ah yeah, should've mentioned that. Nowadays there's actually no real use for Codex Scanner after you've gotten Synthesis Scanner; it's been made to work for all the purposes Codex Scanner does plus synthesis. And you can get the bonus options.