New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Planeside 2

1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Planeside 2

Plane of Rivers and Stalagmites/PORAS: Alysha and Velara
    Alysha cuts through the stalagmonster that was going to attack Velara in the back, saving her while Velara herself karate-chops vertically through one in front of her.
    "Thanks. We need to come up with a plan."
    She begins to fight them while speaking
    "You need to go find Mal. I'll handle the Fateweaver and try and make sure he doesn't screw things up. He will try to make this as complicated as possible for us."
    As she she says this, she makes a quick punching motion towards one in the distance and their head shatters as if she hit it. The voice of the Fateweaver speaks again:
    "Why this is going even better than planned. Thank you for dragging another fate criminal into this, Miss Clawstealer. Miss Alysha, I presume?"
    "Ignore him. Let me handle him, he is my fight, I advise getting Mal out of here while I do my best to deal with the Fateweaver."

PORAS: Mal
    The Fateweaver blinks. That wasn't supposed to go as planned. No matter. He tugs on the strings of fate, increasing the probability of more stalagmonsters coming and being more aggressive. The Stalagmonsters don't care and attack him relentlessly with stalamite-claws. And just to top it off, he tugs another string of fate to send a river serpent coming towards him, a giant snake-like thing that swims through the rivers of this plane. It emerges from one river, roars and jumps into another river, then swimming around as if circling him and looking for an opportunity to jump out and try and eat him, patiently.
    "You cannot escape this fate, Mr. Tonnturnock. You are a fate criminal, a vampire, one who has violated the cycle of birth, life and death. All things must come to an end."
    the voice of the Fateweaver sounds out around him.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

PORAS

Mal just kept walking past the stalagmite monsters that attacked him. Their sweeps from the human naked eye would think they hit, but they just passed right through him. He was quick quicker then even a vampire's eye could see, as he attacked each one with the katar he carried under his coat. He was standing behind all of them seeming to dust off and polish his katar.

His red brimmed hat covering much of the water from the serpent. It twirled over head. He simply stood still, waiting for it to jump out again, This time on purpose he was slow, as he shot it with a crossbow bolt, that was suddenly turned to lightning and split into three. They all hit the creature's head. He wanted the Fateweaver to see just what he was up against.

"Trust me, when I say you picked the wrong kobold." Mal just lifts his head as he looks to where the scrying was coming from. His yellow sunglasses looking at the fateweaver. His maw was in a frown.

"You are not even a challenge."

(Sorry I forgot about turn order.)
    Last edited by cavalieredraghi; 2016-02-14 at 08:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Bugbear in the Playground

PORAS

Alysha faces away from Velara, to protect her back. She blocks a strike as Velara explains her plan.

Sounds good, except I have no idea how to find him. Or where he is.

She does actually have an idea to find him, but she doesn't want to mention it where their enemy can hear. In case he can block it somehow.

Let's just take care of these things, and then we can find him together, okay?

Alysha will point her Keyblade at the nearest group and shout a single word.

Gravity!

This will cause a large amount of force to push down on them. Hopefully crushing them.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #724
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Metal Quest - Underground Bunker]

Oh right, she doesn't know what they know. Or does Celebrity just think they'll treat her as a victim and be sympathetic? Hiding out in this place, with posters looking for her right overhead - risky. Anchor reads through the holoscreens, looking for details, any context on this place.

Was that voice...? How many names is she going by? And that one, here. Not a good sign, really. Not that those little machines haven't been useful.

"Is she going to direct us to someone else who knows even more about the metal? Who's interested in this stuff? There gonna be competition?"
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post

Its true, Rook doesn't talk too much. Save the voice for the courtroom where you need it the most.

"That good to hear. So, are we going to be involved in the planning, or will the others do that?"
    Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post

Celebrity's quite successful in letting Laru warm up to her

'Why, of course I'll protect you from big bads!' he promises. Does Laru even know what a government is?

As far as Anchor can see, there's two ID cards, both with Hotaru's face on it, only one of them has the name Hotaru on it. The other one has the name Mirai, which they'll soon learn is her newest Nexus pseudonym (at least it's about to be in the Outside scene). Also, from what she can gather, Celebrity isn't lying about being a journalist whistleblower, attempting to oust a certain megacorp that's participating in less-than-nice things, mainly of the 'that charismatic young leader man isn't who you think he is' variety.

There's other things indicating there was a catastrophic event that separated countries via a radioactive barrier. Why else would there be articles like 'Does America still exist?' or 'Progress made in penetrating rad-wall' etc?‎

‎"When is there not competition?" Zhyv mutters. "What matters is making sure we can get a piece before the thing is all used up. There's a lot of it, but even it's a finite resource." He smiles.

Celebrity just laughs at Laru. "Oh, you're so adorable! My very own knight in shining armor. Well, I'd prefer a dame in shining armor, but I'm not picky." She pinches his cheek, then her tone turns serious. "My enemies are bigger than what you think. That's why Farah is here... oh, here she is!"

And indeed she's arrived! Farah, or Luna/Hotaru as Nexusians know her as cartwheels down the stairs. "CC, we're out of..." Then her eyes fall on Anchor and the smile fades from her face. She whirls to face the Chinese lady. "A little discretion wouldn't kill you, Celebrity."

Celebrity looks at Farah questioningly, until a look of realization comes over her. "Oh, no, I'm so sorry, Fa... err... Mirai?"

Farah/Mirai glares at her friend for a bit longer, then turns to face Anchor. "Please pretend you didn't hear my name, Alkania. My life depends on it."

The smile comes back on, and she takes charge of the show! "So!" She claps her hands together. "How can I help you guys?"

Celebrity would speak up right now, but she's too busy kicking herself for her indiscretion.‎

5. - Top - End - #725
    Titan in the Playground

PORAS: Velara and Alysha
    The gravity spell works, crushing them all to bits.
    "Huh. Saves me the trouble, thanks...Now lets go. I was holding back, because the real foe....is something else. Those were just his pawns that he shifted to try and attack....and he seems to be distracted right now. Good, we have time."
    She reaches into her Fatehacker tablet to see where Mal was, pulls out the location of Mal as if it the knowledge a physical object and then throws it at Alysha's head, and when it hits she instantly knows where he is.
    "Lets go."
    She then begins jumping and running like a ninja in the direction of Mal, running on the rivers as if they were solid and easily leaping long distances while hacking her speed to become a blur

PORAS: Mal
    "What arrogance you possess, Mr. Tonnturnock."
    The spell wasn't Scrying, for was not using any form of magic from ones with nine alignments or dungeons or dragons. Was it even a spell, even though it was magic? It was less like a specific spell, and more like he was trained to have a different perception of the world than you. As if he was enlightened to its true nature, the rules beneath the appearance, the bones beneath the flesh.
    "I haven't even begun to wield the full extent of my power. I only use what I believe is necessary to finish the job."
    He was far away, on a flat rock platform floating in the void sky of this plane, sitting down businesslike on the outline of a chair. He wore what seemed to be cross between a businessman's suit and a martial arts gi. His eyes were obscured by the sunglasses he wore,and his lips were professionally pursed and stoic.
    "I am Agent Shane, Fateweaver. I work for the Multiversal Agency of Destiny. And you are a blight upon an ordered multiverse. You will now be eliminated, Mr. Tonnturnock."
    He then extends a hand and fate-threads wrap attach to five rivers for each finger and he begins to move his hand to use them as power gigantic whips to attack you, lashing down upon you with surprising speed and force.

6. - Top - End - #726

PORAS

Alysha blinks a bit in surprise as the location enters her mind. She definitely wasn't expecting that.

Wow. That's better than what I was gonna try. I was just gonna find the portal and go from there.

And then Velara takes off.

Alysha does her best to keep up, but even with her enhanced speed, it's a struggle. She wishes she had her ship with her. It moves faster than she does.

Of course, then she has a brilliant idea.

She swings her Keyblade out and casts Haste on herself.

Gotta love that speed boost.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

7. - Top - End - #727
    Titan in the Playground

Mal just yawns as he keeps moving when the water hits nothing happens.

"You really aren't bright are you?" Mal was walking "slowly" in a random direction, he honestly did not even care where he was going it seemed.
    "Once you manipulated the water, it no longer became "Running water" Just magical water. technicalities are important, for a fate-weaver you ain't that bright."

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    Mal just yawns as he keeps moving when the water hits nothing happens.

"You really aren't bright are you?" Mal was walking "slowly" in a random direction, he honestly did not even care where he was going it seemed.
    "Once you manipulated the water, it no longer became "Running water" Just magical water. technicalities are important, for a fate-weaver you ain't that bright."
    "Very well. If you insist. I shall retroactively fix that."
    Wait, what?
    Suddenly he takes the following quote, plucking it out of thin air as a bubble of moment:
    He then extends a hand and fate-threads wrap attach to five rivers for each finger and he begins to move his hand to use them as power gigantic whips to attack you, lashing down upon you with surprising speed and force.
    Then begins to edit it:
    He then extends a hand and manipulates probability so that the rivers start suddenly lashing all by themselves without any magical interference.
    Suddenly the rivers that were lashing at you fade out of time, replaced by the different version of the rivers that were now attacking you out of probability rather than direct manipulation an now counted as non-magical flowing water. However somehow you can still respond to the past attacks that were retroactively being rewritten even though they should've already happened. As if the rules of the universe had to make sure you still had a chance to respond in some manner, and thus make the new past catch up with the present.

PORAS: Velara and Alysha
    Velara and Alysha find that the world is suddenly being shifted to become more labyrinthine. Agent Shane was directing with his other hand to warp space.
    "Darn it, he is trying to slow us down!"
    She starts punching holes in space to try and keep going in a straight line, breaking through the maze of space in a straight line upon the walls of reality, while the many twisting pathways seem to increase the probability of more monsters of this plane coming towards them, two giant serpents coming out the rivers and attacking them with their fangs, Velara taking some of her own anger and throwing it in the form of a red glowing shuriken that cuts off the head of the serpent that goes for her, which then returns to her and gets stored back into her head, returning her anger to herself.

9. - Top - End - #729

PORAS

Alysha has some experience with going through the borders of various realities. However, she's pretty much always done it in her ship. And with preparation.

So, instead of making her own path through the walls, she just follows Velara. This lets the peppy vampire focus more attention on keeping them safe. Mostly by casting Slow on the various monsters popping up, allowing the psir to slip right by easier.

Of course, too much of this and she's gonna run out of mana. Good thing she has a couple Ethers in her bag.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

10. - Top - End - #730
    Titan in the Playground

PORAS

Mal smirks. He pulls out a crossbow again. all the old rivers in the past time are now completely frozen solid as a single bolt was in each one. He simply walks around them as he keeps moving.

"Still sloppy and stupid. YOu only changed due to my mentioning it. I guess if I want you to learn I will have to keep my mouth shut." Mal then shifts his nose to the air as he sniffs. He was tracking the sent of blood only three being in this place had blood. He followed the one that was not as strong, for it was only one person.

He continues to walk slowly, as if to draw out the fear.

11. - Top - End - #731

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Knight View Post

As far as Anchor can see, there's two ID cards, both with Hotaru's face on it, only one of them has the name Hotaru on it. The other one has the name Mirai, which they'll soon learn is her newest Nexus pseudonym (at least it's about to be in the Outside scene). Also, from what she can gather, Celebrity isn't lying about being a journalist whistleblower, attempting to oust a certain megacorp that's participating in less-than-nice things, mainly of the 'that charismatic young leader man isn't who you think he is' variety.

There's other things indicating there was a catastrophic event that separated countries via a radioactive barrier. Why else would there be articles like 'Does America still exist?' or 'Progress made in penetrating rad-wall' etc?‎

‎"When is there not competition?" Zhyv mutters. "What matters is making sure we can get a piece before the thing is all used up. There's a lot of it, but even it's a finite resource." He smiles.

Celebrity just laughs at Laru. "Oh, you're so adorable! My very own knight in shining armor. Well, I'd prefer a dame in shining armor, but I'm not picky." She pinches his cheek, then her tone turns serious. "My enemies are bigger than what you think. That's why Farah is here... oh, here she is!"

And indeed she's arrived! Farah, or Luna/Hotaru as Nexusians know her as cartwheels down the stairs. "CC, we're out of..." Then her eyes fall on Anchor and the smile fades from her face. She whirls to face the Chinese lady. "A little discretion wouldn't kill you, Celebrity."

Celebrity looks at Farah questioningly, until a look of realization comes over her. "Oh, no, I'm so sorry, Fa... err... Mirai?"

Farah/Mirai glares at her friend for a bit longer, then turns to face Anchor. "Please pretend you didn't hear my name, Alkania. My life depends on it."

The smile comes back on, and she takes charge of the show! "So!" She claps her hands together. "How can I help you guys?"

Celebrity would speak up right now, but she's too busy kicking herself for her indiscretion.‎
    "I was mainly here for the ride. A sample would be what I would like to get out of this journey."

It was mainly a whim that bought Rook this far.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Firbolg in the Playground

Alkania rolls her eyes.
    "Who am I going to tell?"
    Well, that corporation, possibly 'Mirai' isn't someone to trust.

She jerks a thumb at Zhyv.
    "Ask him. Looking for moonmetal?"
    This place is so casual, it's unbelievable.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-02-16 at 05:01 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    PORAS

Alysha has some experience with going through the borders of various realities. However, she's pretty much always done it in her ship. And with preparation.

So, instead of making her own path through the walls, she just follows Velara. This lets the peppy vampire focus more attention on keeping them safe. Mostly by casting Slow on the various monsters popping up, allowing the psir to slip right by easier.

Of course, too much of this and she's gonna run out of mana. Good thing she has a couple Ethers in her bag.
    PORAS

Mal smirks. He pulls out a crossbow again. all the old rivers in the past time are now completely frozen solid as a single bolt was in each one. He simply walks around them as he keeps moving.

"Still sloppy and stupid. YOu only changed due to my mentioning it. I guess if I want you to learn I will have to keep my mouth shut." Mal then shifts his nose to the air as he sniffs. He was tracking the sent of blood only three being in this place had blood. He followed the one that was not as strong, for it was only one person.

He continues to walk slowly, as if to draw out the fear.
    ((Sorry this took so long))

PORAS
    Velara and Alysha finally find Mal
    "Found you. We need to get out of here"
    "What arrogance. Your trying to "stalk" me and "terrorize" me, Mr. Tonnturnock. I can see your every move, and I am not afraid of an ignorant vampire kobold. And of course Miss Clawstealer and Miss Alysha is now with you."
    "Scratch that, YOU guys get out of here, this guy is my fight, don't get involved."
    "Why bother with dramatic lines such as that, Miss Clawstealer? I am to ensure you all die as an Agent of MAD. I will start by getting rid of extraneous elements that pose no threat to me, the I will deal with you, Miss Clawstealer."
    He then stands up and launches a thousand punches in a single second at the sky above you to break open a thousand portals, letting in rays of sunlight from another world, all of them deadly to vampires.
    "And no, none of them are magical. They are all natural sunlight and just because they pass through a portal they don't change."
    "...WHY? I know your power-hungry, but aren't you supposed to against tearing reality apart like I do?"
    "I will destroy this entire plane if I need to, its not as if its all that important in the design of fate and destiny."
    "....Jerk."
    She grab shards of falling pieces of space broken off from the rifts, and jumps up, seeing where he is and, throwing them rapid fire at Agent Shane, who pulls a staff out of a pocket dimension and in a blurring whirl of motion parries them, the shards breaking even more against its hardness and swift motions.

14. - Top - End - #734

PORAS

Well, this was a fine situation. Guy is supposed to be keeping reality together, so he tears apart reality to attack them. Genius. And why was he attacking them? What did they do? Sure, Alysha's been to different worlds. But she used established routes between them. And she usually went to protect them. Shouldn't this guy want to help her, then?

Eh, no matter. Alysha would have to figure that stuff out later.

For now, she quickly brings up her hood to cover her head. And she keeps a firm grip on her Keyblade. Its magic keeps the sunlight from doing any lasting damage to her. Though it does still sting.

However, she has no way to help Mal. She doesn't know any magic to block normal sunlight.

She grits her teeth in frustration. She hopes he has a way to help himself. In the meantime, she aims her Keyblade at Agent Shane and casts Stop, hoping to hold him long enough for them to get out. If they reach the portal before he does, she can lock it behind them to keep him from using it.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2016-02-18 at 02:35 AM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

PORAS

Mal stopped moving as soon as the sun hits him. He takes off his wide red brimmed hat and yellow sunglasses that some how appeared on him when he entered this plane. Then he shrugs off the white gloves and red coat. He looks up to the sun and smiles.

"Such things as Pelor's glory can not hurt those who have been touched by true love." Mal then followed the shards Valera shot out. He found his way to the FateWeaver.

"There you are." Mal grins as his fangs lining his mouth clearly suggest his hunger.

"I have been looking for you." He sat down in the FateWeaver's chair.

"Like I said you are stupid. and weak."
    Last edited by cavalieredraghi; 2016-02-18 at 12:28 AM.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

'So... er...

What should we do now?

How do we get this metal?
    '

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

PORAS

Well, this was a fine situation. Guy is supposed to be keeping reality together, so he tears apart reality to attack them. Genius. And why was he attacking them? What did they do? Sure, Alysha's been to different worlds. But she used established routes between them. And she usually went to protect them. Shouldn't this guy want to help her, then?

Eh, no matter. Alysha would have to figure that stuff out later.

For now, she quickly brings up her hood to cover her head. And she keeps a firm grip on her Keyblade. Its magic keeps the sunlight from doing any lasting damage to her. Though it does still sting.

However, she has no way to help Mal. She doesn't know any magic to block normal sunlight.

She grits her teeth in frustration. She hopes he has a way to help himself. In the meantime, she aims her Keyblade at Agent Shane and casts Stop, hoping to hold him long enough for them to get out. If they reach the portal before he does, she can lock it behind them to keep him from using it.
    PORAS

Mal stopped moving as soon as the sun hits him. He takes off his wide red brimmed hat and yellow sunglasses that some how appeared on him when he entered this plane. Then he shrugs off the white gloves and red coat. He looks up to the sun and smiles.

"Such things as Pelor's glory can not hurt those who have been touched by true love." Mal then followed the shards Valera shot out. He found his way to the FateWeaver.

"There you are." Mal grins as his fangs lining his mouth clearly suggest his hunger.

"I have been looking for you." He sat down in the FateWeaver's chair.

"Like I said you are stupid. and weak."
    PORAS
    Agent Shane rolls his eyes in annoyance behind his sunglasses, first he sees the spell "Stop" then takes out a blank space and hurls it at the spell, knocking the "S" out of the word so that it instead becomes the spell "Top" and teleports him to the top of the plane.
    "And you"
    His voice announces from nowhere around them.
    "Are only annoying in your smugness. Especially since its so undeserved. This plane has no important destiny, by my calculations. If this entire plane was destroyed, there would be no grand change in the cosmic scheme of things according to fate. It is minor, and we are the only four beings to even know of it outside of its native inhabitants for so long. It is like many places, unimportant.

You, being outside of fate, are less than that. You are chaos, you only bring disorder, and only oppose our design."
    He decided to open a portal and steal the deaths of two people, and fashion those deaths into black spear made of them. He then put destinies on them so that they were fated to hit Alysha and Mal no matter what- they were unable to miss or be dodged.
    "Now please die and save me having to listen to your boring attempts at intimidation."
    The spears then teleported to their location and suddenly flew towards both- but then Velara split into two and shattered them with karate chops. The two parallel Velara's then remerged.
    "undodgeable death spears, Agent Shane? They couldn't defend against such an attack if they tried."
    "Yes. That is the point, Miss Clawstealer. Of course, you were there with your fatebreaking powers, but how long before you slip up? After all you are my true target, these afterthoughts, will be dealt with later."
    "Nothing is an afterthought! This plane is not unimportant, and these people are not your toys! Thats why I fight, and why you along with the rest of the Fateweavers need to be overthrown!"
    "And? If you weren't here, they wouldn't have to deal with me at all, or be already dead. This plane would not endangered. You are the one causing this conflict through your stubborn persistence, and refusing to submit to the order and harmony we provide."
    "Rrrrgh, Alysha, Mal I said get out of here now! Don't try your stupid intimidation schtick, Fateweavers are a bunch of stick in the muds with all the emotional range of a particularly grey rock, and can still break reality over their knee. They think they are the literal masters of reality and the destinies of everyone, they don't think fear is a thing that applies to them! And even when it does, they can pull it out of their heads and use it as a martial arts weapon. Get out before he starts doing-"
    A rainstorm of shuriken began assaulting them, Velara, reaches into a portal, pulls out a broom and seems to sweep the ones heading for her out of existence then sweeps away the existence of the portals of sunlight shining down upon Alysha. the other shurikens however were still coming towards Mal and Alysha.
    "....Something like this..."

18. - Top - End - #738

PORAS

Alysha was going to Reflect the spear, but Velara took care of it.

No! I'm not leaving! Not only do I want to protect you, but this guy is a threat to all of the worlds out there. And it's my job, my duty, to protect them!

And I have just the tool to do it.

When the shurikens come, Alysha holds her Keyblade horizontally in front of her.

Protega!

A glowing sphere of energy surrounds Alysha. As the shurikens pass through, they lose most of their momentum and power. They still hit her, but do almost nothing.

The sphere drops, and Alysha raises her Keyblade to point straight up.

STITCH!

The Keyblade sends out a lot of energy. Suddenly, a ship seems to appear from nowhere in the sky. It's red, and definitely alien. Lasers start shooting out of it, aimed at Agent Shane.

Even over the noise of everything going on, maniacal laughter can be heard from the ship...

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #739
    Titan in the Playground

Mal sees the shuriken out of the corner of his eyes. He however keeps his focus on Velara. He seems to be smiling and frowning at the same time. As if impressed and happy, but at the same,time hurt.

"Velara thank you, but next time please don't interfere. I could have handled that Spear. Though I appreciate the effort."

Then right before the shuriken hit,,he snaps his claws and poofs into mist. The shurekin passing through him harmlessly. The most expanded and traveled upward to Shane. Mal appeared behind him, and he shoot his claw out toward the fateweavers heart.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Orc in the Playground

((-facepalm- Forgot about Anchor... Drek. >.<))

Mirai smiles strangely. "Yeah, like you wouldn't rat me out if it benefited you." She replies, rolling her eyes. "No, don't pretend you wouldn't. You wouldn't be the first to try." She does seem surprisingly chipper about it. Maybe she knows something they don't, but I'm not about to reveal that.

Then back to brass tacks!

"Ah, the moonmetal. Let me answer it, Zhyvvie." Mirai continues, ignoring Zhyv's wince at that name.

"So, there's various types of new materials discovered, but moonmetal is the most coveted of the lot. Called that because it looks like it broke off the surface of the moon - don't worry, it didn't -, it's a type of iron that's believed to have supernatural properties. In actuality, it's a meteor of some sort composed almost entirely of useable metal." She turns to Celebrity. "Just gonna stand there, CC?"

Celebrity perks up, looking sheepish. "Right. Sorry, hun." Stepping over to a screen, she opens up a message detailing the 'arrival' of more unrefined moonmetal. "The usually benevolent megacorps take most of it, giving out pieces to licensed and trusted individuals. Zhyv's in their good books, so there usually is no problem."

Another pic comes up, this time showing the gorgeous new charismatic megacorp CEO, and Celebrity frowns. "This scumbag has ensured it won't be a walk in the park, this time. Adolphus Ejiofor, that's his name, has managed to convince the others to put him in charge of this year's 'moonmetal handout'."

Mirai continues. "I tried to prevent it, but no dice. Now, I have trusted info that the snake doesn't intend to share. What that means is that if you can't get to the crash site before his people do, and can't somehow get in his good graces, you're gonna have to steal it from him. Sound good?"

Zhyv looks to the others for their reaction, while Cheng questions why Mirai won't be going with them.

"Nexus business. Also, I promised my little sis."‎

((Usually, I research and try and make things cohesive, so I spend a while to compose one post for this scene. This time, I have exams and projects, so I'm letting myself make it up as I go along. Too much to do to spend time making sure details fit the world I've built in my head.

A heads-up in case things get inconsistent. Or at least, moreso than usual. ))‎

21. - Top - End - #741

"Wouldn't be the first time sneaking into a place. So, how are we getting there first?"

Much better in Rook's mind to just get there and get the metal before people show up and try for things like a firefight. A fight with people isn't something he wants at all.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Firbolg in the Playground

"What's he going to do with it. Might be easier to get our hands on some after it's been delivered to its recipients...or while it's in transit."

Anchor snickers at Zhyv. Not such a bad nickname, is it?

Trusted info? On what? This isn't some blackmail scheme, is it?

"Well, if it's an isotope of iron...probably no good. But if it's meteoric, that might do. What's our outlook on beating them to the site? How far? What sort of transportation do they have, and what do we have? It's on the right side of the barriers?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

PORAS

Alysha was going to Reflect the spear, but Velara took care of it.

No! I'm not leaving! Not only do I want to protect you, but this guy is a threat to all of the worlds out there. And it's my job, my duty, to protect them!

And I have just the tool to do it.

When the shurikens come, Alysha holds her Keyblade horizontally in front of her.

Protega!

A glowing sphere of energy surrounds Alysha. As the shurikens pass through, they lose most of their momentum and power. They still hit her, but do almost nothing.

The sphere drops, and Alysha raises her Keyblade to point straight up.

STITCH!

The Keyblade sends out a lot of energy. Suddenly, a ship seems to appear from nowhere in the sky. It's red, and definitely alien. Lasers start shooting out of it, aimed at Agent Shane.

Even over the noise of everything going on, maniacal laughter can be heard from the ship...
    Mal sees the shuriken out of the corner of his eyes. He however keeps his focus on Velara. He seems to be smiling and frowning at the same time. As if impressed and happy, but at the same,time hurt.

"Velara thank you, but next time please don't interfere. I could have handled that Spear. Though I appreciate the effort."

Then right before the shuriken hit,,he snaps his claws and poofs into mist. The shurekin passing through him harmlessly. The most expanded and traveled upward to Shane. Mal appeared behind him, and he shoot his claw out toward the fateweavers heart.
    Shane holds up a hand, as if slowing everything down to his point of view. He looks at the lasers of the ship, and the kobold behind him. Then casually steps out of the way, then lets the lasers and kobold hit each other.
    "You don't think I don't see you? I can read your every move. I see you've said you have taken on godlike beings before. That makes two of us, or perhaps four?"
    Velara appeared up there on the rock.
    "Ugh, your doing your stupid show-offy 'look at how I can dodge everything you throw at me' schtick again. don't you get tired of using the same trick over and over again?"
    "The best tricks are the ones that are used the most often, that have withstood the test of time."
    He threw a shuriken made of space, infinitely razor sharp, to make an atom look blunt. Velara jumped and flipped over it.
    "I don't see it stopping you from doing the same."
    "Come on, if your so powerful know so much, face me fist to fist, prove which one's martial arts is better."
    "Very Well, Miss Clawstealer."
    They both take martial arts stances and soon the fists begin flying, and strange glitches in reality happened as alternate phantom versions of themselves appeared and disappeared at random, the combatants fighting through every possible decision they could make, however a key point to Fateweaver and Fatebreaker battles: they don't play fair. Neither of them do. They cheat. So when Agent Shane finally lands a blow on Velara's jacket, he suddenly finds himself shocked and stunned.
    "Yeah, my jackets specially made to shock anyone who hits it with their bare fists. Gives me a real cheating edge to kung-fu battles, and no one expects it when you LET them hit you. Whats that about old tricks that always works?"
    That and the battle was a nice distraction from her allies which almost assuredly had an opening right now....

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

'I hope I wouldn't have to steal the metal!' Because stealing is wrong, you know. Also, Laru isn't any good at stealing.

'Come on, what are we waiting for?'

25. - Top - End - #745

PORAS

Well. Stitch's help didn't go as planned.

But that's okay. He isn't done yet.

The little blue fuzz ball of destruction leaps out of the ship, letting it hover there for now. All four of his hands have laser pistols in them. He's ready to go.

As Stitch is dropping into position, Alysha is on the move. She moves behind Agent Shane, glad that he's distracted by his own personal vendetta.

And then he's stunned. As good an opening as any.

Alysha rushes in towards him, readying her Keyblade. She isn't going to strike him with it, though. She's just trying to make sure she's close enough to not miss with her next spell.

She puts the tip of the Keyblade pretty much right up against Agent Shane.

Stopga!

This version is much more powerful than the one she was using earlier. Should last a bit longer.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground

PORAS

As the lasers came shooting at him, he shifted to mist once more. Following the action he waited for him opportunity to strike. Then he saw it stunned and stopped, his prey was before him. Mal was so thirsty, he reformed around Shane grappling him, and biting down on his neck. He just drinks and drinks, his kolbold fangs aiding in the speed of blood being drawn.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

PORAS
    "Hm....Ok if time is stopped on him, then even his brain functions should not be working, which means he can't fake his death....hopefully."
    Even Velara was unsure of their full abilities.
    "Normally I'd warn against taking your time on killing him, because that just gives them time to plan. They are just the types to be all Tzeentchian and go "Just as planned!" when you try to kill them. But between stunning and a timestop, I THINK thats done for him."
    There was a problem here, but Velara didn't know what, it almost seemed too direct for them. Normally they didn't get found that fast, or defeated that easily. She paces, uneasy, and unsure if they did it or not, but make no mistake, it was working and you were draining the blood out of him.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Titan in the Playground

PORAS

Mal starts to drain faster and faster. He keeps doing it till finally every last drop is gone. Right before he however finished Shane, he raises his claw and shoves it into Shanes's chest. Piercing his heart like a spear having his claw stick alli the way through.
    Last edited by cavalieredraghi; 2016-02-24 at 06:30 AM.

29. - Top - End - #749

PORAS

Alysha is having a bit of a dilemma here.

On one hand, Alysha is totally against killing people. She hates it, she doesn't think it's necessary, and she usually does whatever she can to keep people alive. Because it's just wrong to take a life. This has been especially difficult for her ever since she became a vampire. The hunger is there, sometimes strong, sometimes not. She hasn't given in to it yet, though. And she doesn't want to start now.

On the other hand, Alysha has been travelling a lot recently. She's seen a lot as well. And she is starting to realize that, sometimes, in certain circumstances, there is no other option than killing someone. She hates it. She wishes it wasn't so. But sometimes, you couldn't avoid it. And it was usually because of that specific person. Some people were such a large threat, that you would have to put everything else second to stopping that threat. Even your own morals.

This seemed to be one of those situations.

Clearly, this man was a threat. A huge one. Alysha knew that. He was willing to rip this reality apart just to stop a woman who, as far as Alysha could tell, wasn't actually doing anything wrong. That's the kind of danger that you need to stop at all costs. But, Alysha still couldn't bring herself into the action of killing him. She just couldn't do it.

So, instead, she keeps her Keyblade pointed at him as Mal drains his life away. There's a sadness in her eyes. She clearly doesn't like this. But the determination on the rest of her face shows that she knows that this has to be done.

Meanwhile, Stitch approaches the group, all for of his lasers pointed at Agent Shane. He looks to Alysha. Badguy stopped? Alysha nods. At the moment, yeah. Mal is finishing him off now.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #750
    Titan in the Playground

PORAS
    When Mal is finished draining, something happens to the corpse: suddenly the persona of Shane unraveled as if like thread. Underneath was just a normal innocent man, now dead.
    "....Of all the evil despicable things....Shane made a temporary copy of his own destiny and made it possess someone else, an innocent person. It would unravel within 24 hours anyways. Of course this was too direct, he forced a copy of his own destiny to do it for him the whole time. Cats paws within cats paws. Now you see why I hate them. They are utilitarian in their mindset, thinking that any little cost is worth the greater long term benefits. And of course, wouldn't risk their own hide if they can get someone else to do it for them. Especially if they can pull a doombot like this."

On Another Plane, Somewhere Far Away
    Agent Shane takes out a camera and takes a picture of Mal standing over the drained corpse through the scrying window. Then he closed the fate scrying window then teleported somewhere else. He had some vampire hunters to hire.