New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Rob's Epic Level Campaign Continues!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    I thought I Teleported on my turn
    Typically, yes. But the crew has their actions readied on your command, and with the sheer number of people in the way, this will be triggered next round on their turn. Plus it gives time for others to react. And to add more dramatic effect. So you are still there, maneuvering the ship away, while the crew is about to teleport the ship.

That being said, if there are any objections, now is the time to voice them.
    Last edited by DM7581; 2018-06-08 at 02:30 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Level/XP
    Show

Arcivus
    XP: 440,000/445,000
    Effective Level: 22

Dr. Nimm
    XP: 590,000/595,000
    Effective Level: 27

Xavier
    XP: 635,000/655,000
    Effective Level: 29

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    Typically, yes. But the crew has their actions readied on your command, and with the sheer number of people in the way, this will be triggered next round on their turn. Plus it gives time for others to react. And to add more dramatic effect. So you are still there, maneuvering the ship away, while the crew is about to teleport the ship.

That being said, if there are any objections, now is the time to voice them.
    If Arcivus realise what is about to happen he will object and ask Xavier to help out distracting the tarrasque while Nimm teleport.
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

3. - Top - End - #1233

Then I move as far as possible.
    Spoiler: Downtime projects
    Show

-Fort Knox safe
    -Custom mundane armor/weapons for squires
    -Buy scrolls at Frost dale
    -Transcribe bought scrolls and Asmodeus scrolls.
    -Collaborate with Xavier on automaton crew design
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).
    -Change SMART cannon to hand held

4. - Top - End - #1234

SolithKnightGuy

Then I move as far as possible.
    We need a ruling so we can move on.

Arcivus wont "flee" a battlefield like this unless theres some better argument than its a good strategic choice. He will think he and Xavier could distract the monster untill Nimm get back with the airship.

However, IF, Arcivus doenst know that we teleport, then he cant argue... This is what Nimm (and B) was trying to do, probably predicting Arcivus' reaction. (better to ask forgiveness than permission) :D

But Rob, you decide whats gonna play out.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    We need a ruling so we can move on.

Arcivus wont "flee" a battlefield like this unless theres some better argument than its a good strategic choice. He will think he and Xavier could distract the monster untill Nimm get back with the airship.

However, IF, Arcivus doenst know that we teleport, then he cant argue... This is what Nimm (and B) was trying to do, probably predicting Arcivus' reaction. (better to ask forgiveness than permission) :D

But Rob, you decide whats gonna play out.
    My sentiments exactly. Typically, Nimm would have teleported away without your "consent," but considering the sheer number of people on the ship, I am adding the complication of his orders being delayed until the next round (really only a few seconds in real time, which I think is realistic).

This gives you the choice to act and get off the ship if you want to stay, argue with Nimm about leaving people to die, do nothing and flee as well, or whatever it is you want to do.

Waiting on Xavier's response, but the tarrasque just went, so it is technically Arcivus' turn to act. The ship has already pulled away a little (at half speed, but still about 50 feet off of the ground). This would be a tough, yet heroic jump down, or you can hitch a ride with Danae. She lacks the strength to carry you (and Kyle, if he is coming along), but you think the winged boots may slow the fall.

--

Initiative!

Kyle: 28
    Nimm (with the Crew readying actions for his command): 20
    Tarrasque: 19
    Arcivus: 13
    Danae: 7
    Xavier: 6
    Last edited by DM7581; 2018-06-11 at 12:14 PM.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

6. - Top - End - #1236

SolithKnightGuy

My sentiments exactly. Typically, Nimm would have teleported away without your "consent," but considering the sheer number of people on the ship, I am adding the complication of his orders being delayed until the next round (really only a few seconds in real time, which I think is realistic).

This gives you the choice to act and get off the ship if you want to stay, argue with Nimm about leaving people to die, do nothing and flee as well, or whatever it is you want to do.

Waiting on Xavier's response, but the tarrasque just went, so it is technically Arcivus' turn to act. The ship has already pulled away a little (at half speed, but still about 50 feet off of the ground). This would be a tough, yet heroic jump down, or you can hitch a ride with Danae. She lacks the strength to carry you (and Kyle, if he is coming along), but you think the winged boots may slow the fall.

--

Initiative!

Arcivus is actually awaiting a flight spell being cast on him from either Nimm or Xavier before proceeding. He is readying a potion of speed that he will chug afterwards
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1237

I cast fly on him. "Begone, fool!
    Show

-Fort Knox safe
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Thank you Dr. Nimm. To my knowledge, I am unable to grant flight to others."

I will follow Arcivus.

9. - Top - End - #1239

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Alexis View Post

I will follow Arcivus.
    "Behold the superiority of alchemy!"
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

10. - Top - End - #1240

SolithKnightGuy

I will follow Arcivus.
    Arcivus skillfully ignore Nimms sarcastic remark

"Nimm my good man, I expect you to return swiftly, and fix the entire situation"

"Xavier, we are here to divert and distract for as long as possible. Its strong as nothing before, my puny armor wont help me a lot if it hit me" "if you can make it worse at hitting me, that would be great. And Nimm said it was near mindless... if you can make it completely mindless, that may incapacitate it"

"Now lets not bother Nimm anymore, he has a lot of stuff to do, Danae, you help him out the best you can"

Spoiler: Arcivus Spelllist and effects
    Show

Effects: Freedom of Movement, Death Ward, Potion of speed
    Spell: - Aura: Courage, Protection. Personal: Purity of Spirit. Epic: Boon of Resilience
    Spells prepared (25), Spellslots: 16 Spells used: 2
    ((D) = Devotion spells)
    1 (4): Protection from Evil and Good (D), Sanctuary (D), Bless, Heroism, Shield of Faith, Wrathful Smite
    2 (3): Lesser Restoration (D), Zone of Truth (D), Protection from poison, Protection from poison, Locate Object
    3 (3): Beacon of Hope (D), Dispel Magic (D), Blinding Smite, Aura of Vitality, Crusaders Mantle
    4 (3/1): Freedom of Movement (D), Guardian of Faith (D), Death Ward, Staggering Smite, Locate Creature
    5 (3): Commune (D), Flame Strike (D), Banishing smite, Destruction Wave, Circle of Power
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1241

Arcivus skillfully ignore Nimms sarcastic remark

"Nimm my good man, I expect you to return swiftly, and fix the entire situation"

"Xavier, we are here to divert and distract for as long as possible. Its strong as nothing before, my puny armor wont help me a lot if it hit me" "if you can make it worse at hitting me, that would be great. And Nimm said it was near mindless... if you can make it completely mindless, that may incapacitate it"

"Now lets not bother Nimm anymore, he has a lot of stuff to do, Danae, you help him out the best you can"

Show

Spell: - Aura: Courage, Protection. Personal: Purity of Spirit. Epic: Boon of Resilience
    Spells prepared (25), Spellslots: 16 Spells used: 2
    ((D) = Devotion spells)
    1 (4): Protection from Evil and Good (D), Sanctuary (D), Bless, Heroism, Shield of Faith, Wrathful Smite
    2 (3): Lesser Restoration (D), Zone of Truth (D), Protection from poison, Protection from poison, Locate Object
    3 (3): Beacon of Hope (D), Dispel Magic (D), Blinding Smite, Aura of Vitality, Crusaders Mantle
    4 (3/1): Freedom of Movement (D), Guardian of Faith (D), Death Ward, Staggering Smite, Locate Creature
    5 (3): Commune (D), Flame Strike (D), Banishing smite, Destruction Wave, Circle of Power
    "Sure, Danae can help me out. By sitting still and quiet!"
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Sure, Danae can help me out. By sitting still and quiet!"
    So, Arcivus grabs Kyle and heads down with Xavier. Danae stays behind, floating alongside the ship to secure passengers.

The group lands about 30 feet away, Arcivus chugs his potion as his readied reaction as he makes his way down. Kyle spaced himself conveniently behind Arcivus, a good 20 feet or so.

The beast seems not to notice your descent and land and is about to devour a hapless family trapped in a half-burning building, with the roof torn off.

Kyle: I guess we are doing this...

He lets loose an arrow that DOES hit. More of an itch than an injury (11 damage), it does get the creatures attention. The tiny arrow (compared to the size of the creature) is barely stuck onto the tough hide. Almost a comical site. It looks at you all and ROARS, nearly deafening everyone within 500 feet of him. Even the Skylance feels the vibration.

Kyle: Was I not supposed to do that?

Dr. Nimm, you have a ship full of passengers, but luckily the goblins have fled. The ship will not be able to fly so well with so many people, but you do see a clearing off to the NW side of town that the fire has not spread. You can go back and forth to save as many people as possible, circle back to help fight, or simply flee... or whatever your heart desires. You go!

Tarrasque will be next.

--

Initiative!

Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

13. - Top - End - #1243

SolithKnightGuy

So, Arcivus grabs Kyle and heads down with Xavier. Danae stays behind, floating alongside the ship to secure passengers.

The group lands about 30 feet away, Arcivus chugs his potion as his readied reaction as he makes his way down. Kyle spaced himself conveniently behind Arcivus, a good 20 feet or so.

The beast seems not to notice your descent and land and is about to devour a hapless family trapped in a half-burning building, with the roof torn off.

Kyle: I guess we are doing this...

He lets loose an arrow that DOES hit. More of an itch than an injury (11 damage), it does get the creatures attention. The tiny arrow (compared to the size of the creature) is barely stuck onto the tough hide. Almost a comical site. It looks at you all and ROARS, nearly deafening everyone within 500 feet of him. Even the Skylance feels the vibration.

Kyle: Was I not supposed to do that?

Dr. Nimm, you have a ship full of passengers, but luckily the goblins have fled. The ship will not be able to fly so well with so many people, but you do see a clearing off to the NW side of town that the fire has not spread. You can go back and forth to save as many people as possible, circle back to help fight, or simply flee... or whatever your heart desires. You go!

Tarrasque will be next.

--

Initiative!

Arcivus scowls at Kyle...
    "I was hoping to put you down and then take off again to be in flight before the Tarrasque noticed us... But now we are in for a hard blow... Brace yourself guys!"

OOG: thanks DM for setting me up for a full attack from the Tarrasque :D
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1244

So I can't Teleport?

Sure... I drop the bastards off at that clearing and tell them they're not getting a second chance. They better run.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So I can't Teleport?

Sure... I drop the bastards off at that clearing and tell them they're not getting a second chance. They better run.
    Oh, no you still can teleport, but realized there isn’t much need to since the beast will have his hands full with the party. Up to you. You can teleport to Froatdale and drop off the people, but I need to check on how many charges that takes and how many teleports you can do, back and forth.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

16. - Top - End - #1246

Oh, no you still can teleport, but realized there isn’t much need to since the beast will have his hands full with the party. Up to you. You can teleport to Froatdale and drop off the people, but I need to check on how many charges that takes and how many teleports you can do, back and forth.
    I drop them off. Good riddance
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Arcivus scowls at Kyle...
    "I was hoping to put you down and then take off again to be in flight before the Tarrasque noticed us... But now we are in for a hard blow... Brace yourself guys!"

OOG: thanks DM for setting me up for a full attack from the Tarrasque :D
    Not quite. The building he just tore up has some tasty morsels in it. He sees you all, but gets his snack first.

His maw dives into the broken and burning home as he digs in. You hear the screams of those within, including what sounds like those of a young child, then the crunching of bone and then you hear them no longer. The creature licks his chops, than approaches you, slowly, almost expecting you all to run, and him wanting to chase. He is within 15 feet of you or so.

No free attack on you, but you do feel incredibly guilty over the sheer loss of life. That guilt weighs heavy on you, as grasp your weapon. Your move, holy man.

--

Initiative!

Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

18. - Top - End - #1248

SolithKnightGuy

Not quite. The building he just tore up has some tasty morsels in it. He sees you all, but gets his snack first.

His maw dives into the broken and burning home as he digs in. You hear the screams of those within, including what sounds like those of a young child, then the crunching of bone and then you hear them no longer. The creature licks his chops, than approaches you, slowly, almost expecting you all to run, and him wanting to chase. He is within 15 feet of you or so.

No free attack on you, but you do feel incredibly guilty over the sheer loss of life. That guilt weighs heavy on you, as grasp your weapon. Your move, holy man.

--

Initiative!

Arcivus must conquer his guilt if he is to fight with all his skill. He knows his death would save no one, and any rash action would surely cause certain death for him.

As Arcivus fly (80ft movement) past the beast he use his holy shield to bash the beast trying to give it an uppercut... his magically enhanced body allow him to almost match he strength of this monster (he hope)(bonus action shove 17+13(athletics) or +7 if its only strength)

1) 19 + 16 = 36; (1d8)8+10 +(4th lvl spell 5d8)25+(1d8)5 = 48 (if its a fiend/undead 13 extra dam)
    2) 13 + 16 = 30; (1d8)2+10 +(3th lvl spell 4d8)25+(1d8)3 = 40 (if its a fiend/undead 17 extra dam)

Arcivus move within its threat range and 5ft of it (to allow kyle a sneak) up to its back/neck to try and get some kind of cover or forcing it to move around to hit him.... like a wasp buzzing around it stinging it with its mighty stinger.

Show

Spells prepared (25), Spellslots: 16 Spells used: 4
    ((D) = Devotion spells)
    3 (2/3): Beacon of Hope (D), Dispel Magic (D), Blinding Smite, Aura of Vitality, Crusaders Mantle
    4 (0/3): Freedom of Movement (D), Guardian of Faith (D), Death Ward, Staggering Smite, Locate Creature
    Last edited by Ketiara; 2018-06-17 at 02:57 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1249

Arcivus must conquer his guilt if he is to fight with all his skill. He knows his death would save no one, and any rash action would surely cause certain death for him.

As Arcivus fly (80ft movement) past the beast he use his holy shield to bash the beast trying to give it an uppercut... his magically enhanced body allow him to almost match he strength of this monster (he hope)(bonus action shove 17+13(athletics) or +7 if its only strength)

1) 19 + 16 = 36; (1d8)8+10 +(4th lvl spell 5d8)25+(1d8)5 = 48 (if its a fiend/undead 13 extra dam)
    2) 13 + 16 = 30; (1d8)2+10 +(3th lvl spell 4d8)25+(1d8)3 = 40 (if its a fiend/undead 17 extra dam)

Arcivus move within its threat range and 5ft of it (to allow kyle a sneak) up to its back/neck to try and get some kind of cover or forcing it to move around to hit him.... like a wasp buzzing around it stinging it with its mighty stinger.

Show

((D) = Devotion spells)
    3 (2/3): Beacon of Hope (D), Dispel Magic (D), Blinding Smite, Aura of Vitality, Crusaders Mantle
    4 (0/3): Freedom of Movement (D), Guardian of Faith (D), Death Ward, Staggering Smite, Locate Creature
    Dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show

((D) = Devotion spells)
    The attack does seem to startle the tarrasque. You indeed do impress him with your might. He snarls at you in retaliation. Now he has noticed you.

Legendary Action!

The beast takes a chomp out of you, and you use your shield to minimize the bone-breaking crush that may have very well ended the life of a lesser warrior. Even worse, he is unable to grapple and ultimately swallow you. Yeah, that pisses him off even more. 20 damage from the bite after resistance.

Danae is helping Nimm on the ship. If or when he circles back, she can join, at Arcivus' command of course.

We go to Xavier.

--

Initiative!

Last edited by DM7581; 2018-06-22 at 02:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Arcivus, I will make sure you are at your best to stop this beast. Focus all of your power on it!"

I move (or teleport) close enough to touch Arcivus with my healing ability. I can activate Nomadic Step (Step of a Dozen Paces), as a bonus action, if Arcivus is too far for me to reach through movement.

As my action, I activate Psionic Restoration (Mend Wounds) and heal Arcivus 5d8 (31) hit points.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Arcivus, I will make sure you are at your best to stop this beast. Focus all of your power on it!"

I move (or teleport) close enough to touch Arcivus with my healing ability. I can activate Nomadic Step (Step of a Dozen Paces), as a bonus action, if Arcivus is too far for me to reach through movement.

As my action, I activate Psionic Restoration (Mend Wounds) and heal Arcivus 5d8 (31) hit points.
    Sorry for the delay.

Simple enough. Arcivus starts to feel better and looks back and sees Xavier focusing a concentrated stare.

Kyle fires off an arrow, but it is at disadvantage due to the thick smoke (no sneak). He does hit (and with a poor roll, to boot) for 17 damage. He draws his rapier and closes behind Arcivus, but remains a safe distance away from damage.

Legendary Action!

The tarrasque is annoyed with Arcivus and slashes at him with his claws. The shield and armor can only absorb so much of the impact as the claws come crashing down, for 11 damage (after resistance).

Dr. Nimm, you can barely see the tarrasque thrashing in the distance. It is hard to hear anything due to the continued screams of the helpless peasants. Things are more or less orderly, and the goblins have fled, so the tarrasque is the lone threat, aside from a few fires. You can try to help more people evacuate their homes or help beat down the tarrasque. What'll it be?

--

Initiative!

Nimm (with the Crew readying actions for his command, including Danae): 20
    Arcivus: 13 (193/204)
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

23. - Top - End - #1253

Screw those peasants. I drop off the ones I had and return, circle the tarrasque 100 feet over its head and fire all that cannons that do ballistic type damage (rather than the fireball ones which I presume are magic dmg).

"Damn it. I could really use a second pilot!"
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

24. - Top - End - #1254

SolithKnightGuy

Screw those peasants. I drop off the ones I had and return, circle the tarrasque 100 feet over its head and fire all that cannons that do ballistic type damage (rather than the fireball ones which I presume are magic dmg).

"Damn it. I could really use a second pilot!"
    Danae has been at Arcivus tail for quite some time, she could probably assist?
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Danae has been at Arcivus tail for quite some time, she could probably assist?
    She can, but she hung back a little, not under any fear effect per se, but out of plain old common sense (a goblin dropped her about a minute ago). She can close in at your command. Dictate her actions on your turn. I'll pull her from Nimm's group on the initiative count.

Dr. Nimm only has energy-style weapons, but you remember reading about the fabled creature and its alleged resistances and reflective carapace. Here are the available weapon systems:

Weapon Systems:
    -Energy Blasters (4 on ship): at-will, 4d8 energy damage, 120' range (changing energy type requires an action); choose from acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder
    -Force Missiles (2 on ship): as Magic Missile (1-9 charges)
    -Anti-Magic Pulse (2 on ship): as Dispel Magic (3-9 charges)
    -Flare Cannon (2 on ship): as Fireball (3-9 charges)
    -Anti-Matter Ray (2 on ship): as Disintegrate (6-9 charges)

Anything with an attack roll or a magic missile effect has a chance of being reflected. Your best bet is the flare cannon or anti-matter ray. The ship has 20 charges, and these will take up nearly all of them. Alternatively, if you man a weapon, you can use your own spell slots to compensate for the charges (as well as use your spell attack modifier/save DC).

Basically, the fireball and disintegrate have the highest chances of injuring it. Disintegrate is all or nothing, so you might want to man that, because a miss by a crewman due to poor stats would be a terrible waste of a slot. The fireball is save for half, so you feel comfortable allowing someone else to fire that. You can always cast your own spell as an action. Anyone else can man the energy blasters since they are free and hope for the best.

What will it be?

--

Initiative!

Nimm/Crew: 20
    Arcivus: 13 (193/204)
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

26. - Top - End - #1256

I wasn't aware I can fire the ships weapons and pilot at the same time. I'd find it reasonable if it were one or the other, but if you're ruling it, then I fire the disintegrate ray and have all available crew fire the fireball cannons. Those that don't have fireball equipped take some defensive action as appropriate: retract unused cannons, take the dodge action... Whatever is best.

Im assuming no one else on board can reliably pilot the ship (I'm imagining something horribly, possibly unnecessarily complicated to operate).
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I wasn't aware I can fire the ships weapons and pilot at the same time. I'd find it reasonable if it were one or the other, but if you're ruling it, then I fire the disintegrate ray and have all available crew fire the fireball cannons. Those that don't have fireball equipped take some defensive action as appropriate: retract unused cannons, take the dodge action... Whatever is best.

Im assuming no one else on board can reliably pilot the ship (I'm imagining something horribly, possibly unnecessarily complicated to operate).
    Since the ship can fly magically, I will rule that it can also simply float aloft. You can set it to float and then, as an action (which includes your move) pilot the ship if you wish to move it. I'm trying to keep it simple without getting too technical.

So, you have plenty of crew members. At your command, they will fire whichever weapons you say. Now, the weapons are split on either side, so you can basically fire half of each any given round to a target on one side of you. So say the starboard (right) side of the ship is facing the tarrasque, the port (left) side do not have a clear shot. That leaves 2 energy blasters (select energy type), and 1 each of the force missile, flare cannon, and anti-matter ray (5 total weapons).

If you are going to fire the anti-matter ray, you can have 4 others fire the rest. Let me know who is on what, as they do have private stats...

Gruunur (stocky half-orc, usually quiet)
    Marland (self-proclaimed second in command; heavy set and boisterous)
    Dandon/Falysa (perky halfling twins)
    Alwor (bright gnome)
    Rikas (ever helpful half-elf)
    Gavin and Willem (veteran brothers)
    Eliane (young, shy girl with latent psionic talent)
    Danae (not available, closer to Arcivus)

Also give me to hit and damage rolls for each. The force missiles are auto-hit, as is the flare cannons, but the flare cannon's (and anti-matter ray's) save DC depends on the gunners Dex or Int stat (which ever is higher) to fire the weapon, in the case of the flare cannon.

The rest can help man/pilot the ship and/or use the help action (offset ranged disadvantage due to the smoke/cover) to aim the energy blasters.
    Last edited by DM7581; 2018-07-01 at 03:50 PM.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

28. - Top - End - #1258

How about if I half the starboard side crew hold their actions, fire one side then as my action, rotate the ship so the other side can fire?
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

How about if I half the starboard side crew hold their actions, fire one side then as my action, rotate the ship so the other side can fire?
    Yes, but then you will not be able to fire the anti-matter ray (though a less accurate/potent crew member can). Disadvantage can be offset with the help action to aim for the energy blasters, but you will have 10 total weapons, and only 9 crew members (Danae is with Arcivus), so one weapon will be unmanned and those requiring an attack roll are at disadvantage.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

30. - Top - End - #1260

Yes, but then you will not be able to fire the anti-matter ray (though a less accurate/potent crew member can). Disadvantage can be offset with the help action to aim for the energy blasters, but you will have 10 total weapons, and only 9 crew members (Danae is with Arcivus), so one weapon will be unmanned and those requiring an attack roll are at disadvantage.
    Didn't quite grasp all that. Nevertheless, I have Arwan the gnome fire the flare (fireball) and I myself will fire the anti matter ray on one side. All other crew members will use the help action or assist as needed. What slot level are we firing at?

If disintegrate is at base level, I rolled 10d6 and got 31, so 71 total with the +40.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe