New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

Quote Originally Posted by A Tad Insane View Post
    iirc, the magic school bus can transform into a bus-ified version of anything, from dinosaurs to space shuttles.

I'm also fairly convinced that it's a TARDIS, and Ms. Frizzle is a time lord.
    Clearly one of The Doctor's companions got tired of his crud and kicked him out of the police box. Its been redesigned since then and she has been teaching people ever since.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Clearly one of The Doctor's companions got tired of his crud and kicked him out of the police box. Its been redesigned since then and she has been teaching people ever since.
    Ironically she is using it for the purpose Doctor Who was first meant to be about: an educational show using the TARDIS as a vehicle to teach by actually going there. Doctor Who just went real off the rails from there, and people liked the off the rails version much better ever since.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #603
    Banned

Am I the only one who always assumed it was a completely normal bus and the kids are imagining everything their teacher describes?

I guess that's not very interesting for Death Battle purposes.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Am I the only one who always assumed it was a completely normal bus and the kids are imagining everything their teacher describes?

I guess that's not very interesting for Death Battle purposes.
    That's heresy. However, it's possible that the Bus is somehow connected to Tzeentch. Which is also heresy.

Ok sure, but if Batman is inside the Batmobile at the time, he probably has a plan for all that.
    Involving the batman is a different deal entirely of course. Probably has some Anti-Magic School Bus Spray in his utility belt just in case.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2017-01-26 at 04:30 AM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Involving the batman is a different deal entirely of course. Probably has some Anti-Magic School Bus Spray in his utility belt just in case.
    If you think Batman's utility belt has everything he needs how come it doesn't have his parents?

6. - Top - End - #606

Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post
    If you think Batman's utility belt has everything he needs how come it doesn't have his parents?
    It does, it contains their ashes, and its very insensitive of you to bring it up like that.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #607
    Banned

It does, it contains their ashes, and its very insensitive of you to bring it up like that.

Man that'd also make one heck of an arc. Batman gets his belt taken or stolen from him for one reason or another and you find out he's kept a momento in it. Have they done that yet and I missed it?

8. - Top - End - #608

Man that'd also make one heck of an arc. Batman gets his belt taken or stolen from him for one reason or another and you find out he's kept a momento in it. Have they done that yet and I missed it?
    Heh, I have no idea, it honestly wouldnt surprise me in the slightest. Though he is far more likely to keep his mementos in the bat cave so he can see it every day and be reminded of why he is doing this. Right next to the giant penny. Seriously, how the hell did he get that into his bat cave?

9. - Top - End - #609
    Troll in the Playground

That's surprising, but I admit that Mato got me good with his comment.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

Heh, I have no idea, it honestly wouldnt surprise me in the slightest. Though he is far more likely to keep his mementos in the bat cave so he can see it every day and be reminded of why he is doing this. Right next to the giant penny. Seriously, how the hell did he get that into his bat cave?
    With the Bat Contractors? (As in, he probably hired some people to do it)
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Banned

Not with the belt that I know of, but he does keep his mother's pearls, and they do come up in stories from time to time.

Also Batman has had many chances to save his parents. He chose not to do so because of the damage it would cause to everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    With the Bat Contractors? (As in, he probably hired some people to do it)
    He probably really could have just bought it as Bruce Wayne and no one would think anything of it.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2017-01-27 at 07:13 AM.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lara vs. Nathan is up.

Spoiler: Lara vs. Nathan
    Show
    Well it was an even match at least, it pretty much went like you'd expect, although the killshot was kind of... bleh. Nathan's supposed to be lucky enough to at least not go out like that.

Spoiler: Next time on Death Battle...
    Show
    He's tougher than the toughies. Smarter than the smarties. And he made his fortune square!

Scrooge McDuck!

Oh yes. This will be good. If they break out The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, you're about to see something glorious. His time as Buck McDuck in the old west is one thing, and then there's the Steam Boat incident. Scrooge is one tough duck. Whoever they put him against had better bring more to the table than money.

13. - Top - End - #613

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post

Spoiler: Next time on Death Battle...
    Show
    He's tougher than the toughies. Smarter than the smarties. And he made his fortune square!

Scrooge McDuck!

Oh yes. This will be good. If they break out The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, you're about to see something glorious. His time as Buck McDuck in the old west is one thing, and then there's the Steam Boat incident. Scrooge is one tough duck. Whoever they put him against had better bring more to the table than money.
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, Iron Man or Batman or any of the other billionaire playboys are obvious comparisons. Smaug was rated #1 on the Forbes list of richest characters, so he could be an option. I'm not too familiar with Scrooge's feats, but certainly superheroes and dragons would give him a run for his money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, Iron Man or Batman or any of the other billionaire playboys are obvious comparisons. Smaug was rated #1 on the Forbes list of richest characters, so he could be an option. I'm not too familiar with Scrooge's feats, but certainly superheroes and dragons would give him a run for his money.
    Spoiler: Next Time...
    Show
    I'd say he loses to Iron Man, but will make Batman work for it. Scrooge doesn't have a counter for the Iron Man armors. You need Donald Duck for that. Him, I'd put at "gives Iron Man a fight" level.

I wonder if they're going to do the math for swimming in coins for an upper-limit on Scrooge's strength. Or of tearing a steam boat in half with his bare hand is the bigger feat. Also... I wonder how many of Scrooge's treasures he'll bring. The Universal Solvent would be trouble for anyone.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Banned

I haven't been enamored of Death Battle for quite some time now, but honestly they've really jumped the shark lately. My little pony characters? Scrooge Mcduck? Who even cares?
    Last edited by Anteros; 2017-02-01 at 01:44 PM.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler: Lara x Nathan
    Show
    This fight was pretty bad... Did Nathan teleport to the helicopter? Why did said helicopter explode? The ending was closer to Nightcrawler vs Gambit,
    Homebrew Stuff:

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't been enamored of Death Battle for quite some time now, but honestly they've really jumped the shark lately. My little pony characters? Scrooge Mcduck? Who even cares?
    I agree, wheres the good ones? They need to step up their game and start going a little more obscure. get me Harry Dresden Vs. I dunno.....uh.....John Constantine? I don't know a thing about John Constantine but I think he is like, the DC comics urban fantasy detective guy, he is probably more powerful than Dresden but who knows right?

At least a snark-off battle between them. That would be epic.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Show
    This fight was pretty bad... Did Nathan teleport to the helicopter? Why did said helicopter explode? The ending was closer to Nightcrawler vs Gambit,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, it was okayish up until then, but then it gets ridiculous. They could have just had the helicopter a bit closer.

Also, Lara was probably good enough to hit Nathan with one of her weapons at that range, but they had to include blowing up a helicopter.

EDIT: a straight up battle between Harry and John would be hilariously one sided in favour of Dresden, but a snark battle would be fun. I wouldn't mind something between Dresden and DC Grant, because Grant has shown a strange tendency to survive powerful beings in the same way that Dresden has.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2017-02-01 at 04:06 PM.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

19. - Top - End - #619

They need to step up their game and start going a little more obscure.
    This is the best way to lose their viewers. Most people think that Dresden is a city in Germany, and Constantine is a Roman Emperor. The name recognition power of MLP or Scrooge McDuck gets them eyeballs, which equal money and brand growth. Obscure nobodies might titillate you, but it's a losing move from a business standpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ettin in the Playground

I agree, wheres the good ones? They need to step up their game and start going a little more obscure. get me Harry Dresden Vs. I dunno.....uh.....John Constantine? I don't know a thing about John Constantine but I think he is like, the DC comics urban fantasy detective guy, he is probably more powerful than Dresden but who knows right?

At least a snark-off battle between them. That would be epic.
    Quite frankly, though I have only read the first DF book and don't know much about Harry beyond that, John would probably lose in a straight magic fight. John is not particularly powerful by any standard. Even the versions where he uses a lot of magic he doesn't really do a lot of powerful magic. What he does brilliantly is trick people. There's a reason he's also known as ConJob. He knows a lot of the rules of magic, and he knows most of the the players and most importantly, he plays the players, not the game. He knows how to get information and he knows how to use it.
    The reason the Devil hates him more than Jesus isn't because John bested him in a magic duel.

21. - Top - End - #621

Honestly, it all felt a little bit lame to me. I pretty much called the winner as soon as they covered planning ability. Though I wasnt expecting the ending, I was more expecting one final trap or trick to get the win to show laura planned ahead. Also, anyone else find it amusing that they can each shove around square blocks that weigh 20 tons and yet show signs of exertion when pulling themselves up after a near fall? Its like watching a world deadlifting champion visibly exert himself to lift some packing foam.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Show
    Show
    Also didn't Lara have the grail after she jumped off the jeep?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Lara x Drake
    Show
    Yeah. That battle was a mess. The intro-scene was painful to watch and logically should've ended with Lara gunning down Drake the moment he reached for his gun. She says the grail goes with her, yet the moment the grail goes off it's platform, she speaks as if she knows it'd trigger a trap. Also she blames Nathan even though it was one of her bullets that shot it off the platform. During the car scene, she beats Nathan up, but then decides to pull out her bow and nock an arrow instead of just shooting him when she's got him on the ropes... and then she decides "nah" and jumps off the car instead. They also completely failed to show off Nathan's incredible luck. They didn't even acknowledge it in the intro. And this is yet another episode that suffers under the constraint of "loser must die horribly". I know it's a "death battle", but Lara had won long before Nathan actually died. Making this into a fight over who could get the treasure, rather than who could horribly murder the other would've been way more interesting.

Then again, that'd require them being able to write at an above 5th grader level.

24. - Top - End - #624

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    Spoiler: Lara x Drake
    Show
    Yeah. That battle was a mess. The intro-scene was painful to watch and logically should've ended with Lara gunning down Drake the moment he reached for his gun. She says the grail goes with her, yet the moment the grail goes off it's platform, she speaks as if she knows it'd trigger a trap. Also she blames Nathan even though it was one of her bullets that shot it off the platform. During the car scene, she beats Nathan up, but then decides to pull out her bow and nock an arrow instead of just shooting him when she's got him on the ropes... and then she decides "nah" and jumps off the car instead. They also completely failed to show off Nathan's incredible luck. They didn't even acknowledge it in the intro. And this is yet another episode that suffers under the constraint of "loser must die horribly". I know it's a "death battle", but Lara had won long before Nathan actually died. Making this into a fight over who could get the treasure, rather than who could horribly murder the other would've been way more interesting.

Then again, that'd require them being able to write at an above 5th grader level.
    Yeah im not going to bother with spoilers by this point. I fully agree with the start. I seriously said it out loud. "Why didnt laura shoot him while he casually and slowly pulled out an assault rifle?!" The thing is, I knew it was mainly because by death battle law both sides have to show off their relatively complete skill set just to show how they match up. It was still dumb, and god yes the arrow thing was stupid. I was rolling my eyes as he took off in the coptor because it was so absurdly obvious what was about to happen then yep, it happened. All in all, disappointing.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Titan in the Playground

On the other hand, the ludicrous cherry picking of data, the bad math and worse physics, and the generally embarrassing reasoning are all still in place. The core brand identity is strong.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

mad Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

Well, a new battle is coming up soon. And it seems to be the most one-sided ofthem all, so prepare for a lot of cherry-picking.
    It's Scrooge McDuck versus Shovel Knight!?!?

I mean, I'm very confused about this matchup here. What do these two even have in common? Weapons, background, motivations, abilities. They're even from completely different game eras.

Plus, Shovel Knight has beaten both Kratos* (God of War)and the Battletoads - what chance does an old scottish duck with a pogo stick have?

*(Yes, technically the battle wasn't decided, as Kratos stops after being hit enough times. But standing up to a guy who has slayed gods is still very impressive)
    Now I'm thinking with ponies!

3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post
    What chance does an old scottish duck with a pogo stick have?

With that being said, Shovel knight vs Scrooge makes absolutely no sense. There's no real thematic similarity between them. I'm pretty sure Scrooge will win, but... yeah. This is just dumb.
    Last edited by Maryring; 2017-02-16 at 11:00 AM.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Titan in the Playground

Well, a new battle is coming up soon. And it seems to be the most one-sided ofthem all, so prepare for a lot of cherry-picking.

I mean, I'm very confused about this matchup here. What do these two even have in common? Weapons, background, motivations, abilities. They're even from completely different game eras.
    I agree, this makes no sense. It's not like I watch Death Battle for the fight, I do it to laugh at the logic used to show how thematic thing A beats thematic thing B.

I think I'll skip this one and just read this thread to see who wins, I've got even less interest in this tan I had in Scout versus Tracer.

Show

29. - Top - End - #629

Well OBVIOUSLY scrooges bodyguard GIIIIIIIZMODUCK!!! Shows up and takes the knight to school!

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Plus, Shovel Knight has beaten both Kratos* (God of War)and the Battletoads - what chance does an old scottish duck with a pogo stick have?

*(Yes, technically the battle wasn't decided, as Kratos stops after being hit enough times. But standing up to a guy who has slayed gods is still very impressive)
    Their games share similar mechanics (not by coincidence)... And after Majin Buu vs Kirby, you can expect any bull**** result from Death Battle.
    Homebrew Stuff: