New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Hospital]

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    The orderly helps Felina into the wheelchair, and she smiles up at Arlem

Yes, that's true.

The orderly coughs softly

I'm sorry sir: you'll need to let your wife hold the baby. For safety reasons, we don't allow newborns to be carried while walking.
    Is that such a common problem? Well, you can't be too careful. For all that the orderly's tone is dislikable...
    Arlem slightly bends his knees and now he's sitting in a wheelchair of his own, slowly rolling itself along.

"Safer, yes?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #452
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Hospital]

It's the sort of thing that only needs to happen once. In real life, they didn't want us to walk from the hospital to the car, either.

The orderly nods and chuckles

That'll certainly be sufficient, sir.

Felina giggles and grins at her wonderful shapeshifter.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-06-10 at 06:06 PM.

3. - Top - End - #453

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 54 - Ten Years of Foxes

It's that here, having access to magical healing makes one a little dismissive of the danger of accidents. Which is foolish still.

"There might be something to this."

Arlem certainly doesn't know which room they're being taken to, so the orderly had best still show the way.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #454
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Out Back (Snakehouse)]

"Okay, to be fair ma'am, I didn't notice the sign until just now," the werefox says, his tone slowly creeping toward afraid.

What?

You would be nervous, too, if you had accidentally insulted a grumpy dragon goddess.

"You don't look like a snake, really. Just a... uh... a really long, very magnificent dragon," he continues.

"Are you saying she's serpentine?" one of the other foxes pipes up.

"Yes. No! No, I'm not saying that!"

A beat.

"Unless I should be saying that?"

Poor guy. He would probably be better off if he just stops talking.

[Pokemon Enclosure]

Very friendly. As opposed to full of love. That gets you a Silveon.

When Geneva hears that she is, in fact, at the temple she heaves a sigh of relief. <Okay, that's good to hear. And I'm glad pokeballs aren't allowed. They're unethical.>

At least she thinks so. Geneva is still not a big fan of how most people treat pokemon. The memory scramble that little pokemon adventure caused never really went away.

Geneva gives the little cave a good look-over. She had examined them briefly before from the outside, but now that she's actually in one it's pretty clear the pokemon are well cared for. Being out in the wild would be ideal, but she's realized that sometimes a little compromise is necessary for peaceful coexistence. If the pokemon are happy, then it can't be that awful. <A computer is an item I hold. It lets trainers understand me when I talk,> she says whilst looking for indication of whether or not Midnight can leave the enclosure on his own or if the fox-people need to let him out. <A really mean legendary must have knocked it off me when they teleported me away.> She turns back toward Midnight, still hovering in mid-air. <And my name is Geneva. I'm a mew. You probably haven't seen anyone like me before because normally we do this->

MEW used TRANSFORM!

And it actually works this time.

Midnight is now staring at an exact copy of himself! Well. If he were a girl, anyway. How tricky.

<Mews disguise themselves as other, more common pokemon most of the time to hide. That was we can do whatever we want without being bothered. Especially by trainers trying to catch a mew. Because when trainers do catch a mew, bad things usually happen.>

See: Mewtwo. Just the thought of it causes her ears to lay flat. There isn't a mew alive that doesn't know about that abomination.

<And... I guess I can play for a little while,> she continues, umbreon ears popping upright again as she gives a little wag. <Something's stopping me from TRANSFORMing into a trainer, but I'm not really sure what yet. Until I figure that out, I'm not going to be able to get very far.>

And she would float far too slowly as a mew to reach Nick. And she has no idea where her computer is with its inventory full of stuff. And she has no way of stopping Fortuna from just poofing her away again.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmćre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hospital]

They go to an elevator, and up, and eventually get into a room that would more reasonably be called a closet.

I know... it's small. But it's just overnight and then you can all go to your new home... 'cause you're being reassigned to a family apartment now, so your stuff will already be moved when you go home. Sorry... I don't know the room number.

Felina smiles

Arlem won't bite you, don't worry. And thank you for your help.

The "we'd rather be alone now, thanks" goes unsaid, but the orderly understands and/or anticipates it anyway, and retreats immediately.

My darling Arlem... So, how is the world holding up?

She smiles happily, content with the world.

[Outback Snakehouse]

Keiko is now warm again, and feels less grumpy.

Um... so... go load panels, you army weenie!

ok... just a bit less.

[Pokemon Enclosure - Dark Environment]

The cave clearly opens to the outside around a bend that helps keep light out. On full inspection, there is actually nothing at all that keeps the Pokémon here other than it being their home where all their friends are.

Midnight tilts his head

<Oh! So it's a thing that helps when one of the trainers can't cast translate for you?>

People who live at a temple assume certain abilities after a while

He seems remarkably unphased by the transformation

Neat!
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-06-10 at 10:59 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

[Garden]

(( Sorry - missed that. Scanned quickly for "Myobi", didn't see it, didn't read carefully. ))

The nearest person happens to be a dainty little sand-fox gardener with huge ears, shiny black eyes, and sandy-tan fur dressed in brown overalls, who takes a minute to realize that Steve is asking for a phone. His voice is high-pitched but melodious.

You can borrow mine if you need to! The nearest place to buy one is probably the MagMart a few blocks north.

and he pulls out and offers a thin, shiny black rectangle that folks familiar with such things would recognize as a NexPhone 4s - a little old, but still quite serviceable.
    "Thank you sir" says Steve as he takes the phone. He looks at it for a while, confused. Although he feels as if he has seen something like this before, he has no idea how to operate such a device. After being completely stumped with how to use it, he says to the gardener "Excuse me sir, but I was wondering how to contact the, local police, as people here call it. It isn't an emergency, but we need to talk to someone there. Do you know how to use this device to communicate with them?"
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

7. - Top - End - #457

[Outback Snakehouse]

The werefox gives a rather unflattering yip before hurrying off to get back to work.

No doubt his comrades will be teasing him about this encounter for some time.

Doesn't explain why Keiko is back at the temple, though.

Nor why she acquired such an insulting snake-house.

[Pokemon Enclosure]

<Yes... exactly like that,> Geneva confirms. Obviously not exactly like that. But close enough. While certainly clever, most pokemon aren't the sharpest tools in the shed and trying to explain complicated concepts (particularly abstract ones) is typically a meditation on frustration. <And it is neat. And useful. Typically not that great in battle, though. Usually I use it for other things. But I guess now isn't the time and the place for that?>

Prof Oak would no doubt agree.

<So... when should we expect the small trainers to arrive?> she asks, tilting her head off to one side inquisitively. Because she wants to learn first hand how the pokemon at the temple are treated. First hand empirical data gathering and all that. And not just because playing silly games with children is fun. Obviously.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Pixie in the Playground

[Garden]

The little gardener looks at Steve with big eyes

You need to call the police? If there's an emergency, we're supposed to get the temple guards first because they're right here.... but the non-emergency number is built-in. Push the little round button on the front and hold it until the screen lights up, then say "Call Remnant non-emergency".

[Outback]

Unlike the soldiers, Keiko has a pretty good idea of what happened

Fortuna musta showed up while I was asleeping and booted me back here.

She concentrates a moment: there are a lot of things she can do in the temple that she can't do outside

Geneva's with that black pokey-thing. Huh. And she is a black pokey-thing. Double-huh.

She giggles to herself, but then remembers

But she's engaged to that Nick guy, so they're probably not going to make more ... wait, how does that work? Two of those get together and you end up with a little squeaky brown pokey-thing? That's just too weird. Anyway... off to school!

And so she ambles off that way, leaving the house as a curiosity for now.

[Pokemon Enclosure]

Midnight nods. Then he wags

<Oh, you'll hear them!>

Indeed: where the passage to the yard was fairly well silent a moment before, there now come chaotic sounds of playing children. And the noise grows rapidly louder... the passage apparently isn't actually very long.

<Come on!>

Outside, some of the others are already playing: There's Vulpie (vulpix), Princess (espeon), and Ember (flareon) romping in what appears to be a game of tag. Sparky (jolteon) and Aki (a little silver dragon and not a Pokémon at all) are with the kids playing in a sand box of all things. Some of the girls are dressing up a Sylveon (named Belle) with doll clothes and ribbons. The wombat is notably missing now.

Midnight points out the teachers and the new gym leader.. who is fairly clearly not Zack. Midnight explains.

<Our old gym leader found a mate and went away.>

But now they are noticed and several children come over excitedly

Who's your friend, Midnight?
    Look: a new Umbreon!
    It's not Squee, is it? I thought he didn't want to evolve.

several kids look around anxiously for the evee in question.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-06-11 at 12:41 PM.

9. - Top - End - #459

[Pokemon Enclosure]

Well, obviously Geneva and Midnight are going to be making any Eevees. They would have to love each other every much and spend a whole bunch of time together and then there would be an egg!

...from somewhere.

It's all very mysterious.

That, or the creepy old couple that runs the pokemon day care just didn't feel like explaining the birds and the bees to small children.

Regardless! Geneva does indeed hear the incoming children and follows Midnight out into the yard, blinking at the increased light. The sight of all the children playing brings a smile to her little face. It reminds of her of home. How it was before everything fell apart. That's how it should be. Children should be able to enjoy their youth without having to worry about awful things. And they're getting along so nicely with the pokemon! And then swarms of kids are swarming them, as excited children tend to do around animals they enjoy.

<I don't think they'll be able to understand me, will they?> Geneva asks, perking her ears up and submitting to any petting that might be coming her way. Because when is petting ever bad?

10. - Top - End - #460
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Pokemon Enclosure]

Midnight nods

<Yeah. There's a permanent Translate here in the yard. Once Lady Caroline found out we weren't just making noises, she insisted. We get privacy in our houses, but out here everyone can understand everyone else.>

Clearly he doesn't realize that normally, it works that way for everyone, everywhere.

<So yeah: they understand us right now!

Hey guys! This is Geneva: she was battling a legendary! It sent her away and she lost her computer so she can't call her trainer.>

well... that's a reasonable assumption... and he keeps her "secret" of really being a Mew.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-06-11 at 02:23 PM.

11. - Top - End - #461

[Pokemon Enclosure]

The Nexus is weird about that, isn't it?

Normally it translates everything, but there are a few peculiar exceptions to the rule. One being someone speaking in a language other than their first. That usually does it. Or them wishing to speak with out being understood.

Or by just having a really weird language. Like pokemon in general.

Anywho!

Geneva's decides that Midnight's explanation will work just fine. She can't help but laugh at the thought of Nick being her 'trainer' though. Their relationship is a little more egalitarian than that. She wags at the children in a suitably Umbreon fashion. TRANSFORM never fails to help her get the body language right. Unlike Dittos. Dittos tend to be pretty imperfect. But that's what happens when mad scientists try cloning mews from partly fossilized remains. You get amorphous abominations.

<Hello! Nice to meet you all. What are we playing today?>

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanctuary

Nick flies in, looking for Geneva. He already called home and Nick Jr. said she hadn't come by.
    So she's probably here somewhere. He's going to assume either in the sanctuary, or where the pokemon are, since she always gets distracted by things like that.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #463
    Pixie in the Playground

[Pokemon Enclosure]

The children had apparently not quite decided yet, having run over in the excitement of a new friend. And they don't get a chance to make up their minds before there is a chorus of excited screams of

DRAGON!!

all at once. This followed by a familiar voice

Yep: dragon. Hi kids... please don't pull on my whiskers, that hurts. Is Midnight around? He should have a new friend with him... And... ok, ok: you can have a ride. No... no... not all at once! Help!

The teachers come to rescue Keiko from the children who are now climbing all over her.

[Sanctuary]

The day shift NPC priestess greets Nick

Greetings, officer: the blessings of Inari be upon you. How can we help you today?
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-06-11 at 03:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464

[Pokemon Enclosure]

Ah, now there's someone who might be helpful!

<Hello, Keiko. The new friend is right here,> she says as the teachers do their best to direct the attention of excitable children elsewhere. <I'm incognito at the moment,> she says, counting on most of the kids not knowing what 'incognito' means. Hopefully the translate spell doesn't thwart that part of her plan. <Fortuna must have given us the boot. Do you know if Nick turned up anywhere nearby? I... I'm worried about him being along with Fortuna. Just in case she does anything...>

Anything awful.

There are certainly quite a few awful things Fortuna could have done.

<This is going to be a lot harder than I was expecting. She probably knew we were coming and what we were planning,> Geneva reasons. <If we're going to catch her, then we're going to have to play whatever game she wants us to play. And I doubt she's above rigging the rules so we lose.>

Which isn't very fair.

[Sanctuary]

As Nick lands, several human-sized tough beans pop into existence! Still covered in glitter, the muscle-bound legumes begin flexing and grunting in Nick's personal space almost immediately.

Silliness aside, it makes perfect sense that Geneva would get distracted by pokemon stuff. She's a mew after all. And she always has been. Why had she TRANSFORMED into a hippogriff again? Oh right, ponies and pokemon and Fallout on her home world. Or something like that. What a crazy crossover universe she came from. Nick sure is lucky to have met her. She's such a wonderful tiny floating pink cat thing. Looks a lot better as a griff though, eh Nick?

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanctuary

Nick draws his guns on the beans almost immediately.
    "Okay, if you're at all sapient you'll respond to me, or I swear I will blow your arms off.
    Have there been any sudden appearances of a hippogriff or a pokemon here, Miss? I'm looking for my fiancee who I think was here."
    he says to the priestess nonchalantly.

And don't be silly, Forte. Jace and Zebes had to rid you two of that notion during the pokemon incident. That would be like trying to say Nick's always been like this, and not that he just never goes human to make Nick Jr. feel better about himself. But still, Geneva's world is pretty crazy. Especially compared to Nick's, without magic or the least bit of non-man-made Chaos. Humans like Nick had to spread chaos with a lowercase c the old fashion way, with bullets and explosions.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Pixie in the Playground

Sanctuary

The priestess yips at the arrival of the bizarre bean things, and yips again as Nick draws his gun and threatens them.

N..no, sir. Not that I am aware of. You would be best to check at the Pokémon Yard to see if any have arrived.

[Pokémon Yard]

Keiko is rescued from the elementary school scrum (save one child, who was the first one to ask for a ride: he gets his ride) and walks over to the Umbreons

Hi Midnight, hey Geneva. Lemme look.

She concentrates a moment, then tilts her head

He's in the sanctuary with two anthropomorphic beans? Looks like he got Chaos'd, too.

17. - Top - End - #467

[Pokemon Enclosure]

<Thanks Keiko, that's just what I needed to hear,> Geneva replies with a little yip. <Well... except the bean part I guess. That's kind of weird. But I suppose it really isn't too out of the ordinary for Fortuna's shenanigans. I'll go find out if he's alright.>

Keiko could, of course, find out if Nick is alright all on her own. But Geneva would rather see for herself. She goes darting out of the pokemon enclosure and once she's reasonably sure that there aren't any young pokemon trainers watching, she drops her TRANSFORM. Why? Because flying is quite a bit faster than running. So now there's a strange, floating cat-like creature zipping through the temple grounds toward the-

[Sanctuary]

<Nick!> she calls out comes drifting around the building into sight. <Oh thank goodness Nick, you're alright. I was so worried Fortuna might have done something to you!>

Oh, but Fortuna already did. That nice little Word of Chaos caused origin stories to go all tipsy turvy. It was Nick who was the griffin feeling out of place. It was Geneva who was pretending to be human when they discovered their common background and used TRANSFORM to try to make Nick feel like he wasn't alone. It was Nick who learned from the Monkey King how to be human. And while TRANSFORMed into an Equestrian griffin, Geneva managed to roll a series of unfortunate rolls, giving rise to a certain draconequus. And a few other little details altered here and there, too, just to keep things consistent. The foxes were right, Miss Geneva does wander around as a griffiness most of the time. The little pokemon adventure merely revealed her for what she was, no memory alteration required. Just a mew pretending to be human from Pokemon: Wasteland.

And with no connection to Equestria, there's no reason for Geneva to have ever known about simulacrums, let alone ever found one deep in the depths of a long forgotten Ministry of Arcane Science lab.

Which means the statuette of Princess Twilight Sparkle is all mine.

Geneva falters in mid-air briefly, as though she had just forgotten about something important. Something... vital. Something she should never forget.

Oh.

Right.

Nick can't understand her without her PIPgear.

<Can I get a translate spell? Maybe?> she asks no one in particular.

One of the beans continues flexing at Nick.

The other invades Geneva's personal space.

<Guh! Shoo!>
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2016-06-11 at 06:33 PM.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanctuary

Ach, come now, Forte.
    You're just doing this so that I have to now google Fallout Equestria things to keep Nick's story straight. People are going to get all sorts of wrong ideas from my search history now.
    Just for that, I'm going to poke a hole in your plan, and point out that making things topsy-turvy now means Nick probably could have found that simulcrum. After all, originally he had found a very strange artifact of a family crest. Easy enough to change. Though, I was unaware that TS was Princes. That's a pretty big twist. How did they pretend to be one mare for so long?
    If you're going to narrate you should work on your spelling, Fortuna.

"Hello, Geneva. Sorry about the scare. Fortuna gave me your pip-colt, then turned it into underwear. We'll need a Break Enchantment. Is Keiko around?" he says, bashfully holding up the garments.
    And then performing a dizzying Seismic Toss on the bean that gets near Geneva.
    "You stay off my girl." he growls.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

The priestess swallows... people really aren't supposed to be violent in the sanctuary, but Nick's a police officer... she decides to just stay quiet for now.

[Pokémon Yard]

Keiko is still giving dragon rides to small children.

20. - Top - End - #470

[Sanctuary]

The human-bean shatters into an equal volume of bean-sized beans!

That still have muscular arms and legs.

They begin to have a massive, impromptu flexing contest.

Geneva glowers down at them, a nimbus of pink light beginning to swell around her and extends to the various legumes, human sized or otherwise. <I said shoo!> And with a powerful telekinetic shove, she launches them straight out of the temple! Only for them to be caught in a spontaneously generated cauldron, boiled, seasoned, prepared, and served as a steaming giant pot of chili. Thankfully the beans were not, in fact, sapient. Or even sentient. They were simply beans that could move because reasons.

And now they're a pot of chili.

<What.>

Thankfully with the glitter strained out.

Said glitter seems to have been attracted to the acolyte's fur.

<Oh no! I'm sorry, let me... umm...> Geneva mutters, trying to use fine telekinetic focus to remove as much of the glitter as possible. She casts Nick a pleading look, making a writing motion with her paws. Nick always has note pads on him for his job, right?

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanctuary

Nick nods and produces a police notepad for Geneva.
    "Alright, with those invading monsters rid of, could you send a request to Keiko, who was just here, or one of the higher ranking priests? Like I said, we need to get this item un-cursed so we can use it again."

22. - Top - End - #472
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

The priestess looks at her acolyte, who is still scratching glitter from his fur, then back to Nick

I can try... I don't follow Lady Keiko myself, so she may not necessarily answer.

She bows her head

[Pokémon Yard]

Keiko huffs as she hears the prayer

What do you want? Nick and Geneva? Tell them I'm still in the Pokémon Yard, giving rides to school children.

[Sanctuary]

The priestess relays the information.

23. - Top - End - #473

[Sanctuary]

Geneva scribbles a note on the pad and holds it up for Nick to see. Thankfully she's quite proficient at writing with telekinesis. When you have to write to communicate sometimes, you tend to learn quickly. That, and her paws are WAY too small to pull off sign language.

Fortuna did something to my TRANSFORM move. I haven't been able to turn into anything that isn't a pokemon since Keiko and I were given the boot.
    To demonstrate, she attempts to use TRANSFORM to assume her typically griffiness shape. She begins to pixelate, but the haze of squares is pulled away from her! Like an apparition coalescing from mist, the looming form of a VERY serious looking pokemon Prof appears. He glowers down at the mew and intones, "You can't ride a bike inside!" before vanishing again in a poof of pixels.

Geneva begins to furiously write another note, which is likewise shown to Nick.

Probably another chaos curse. And I'm pretty sure this is a joke, too. There are all sorts of gags and little pictures with Professor Oak saying things like this while popping out of a shrub to stop trainers from using items for 'unintended' purposes.
    She gives a little frustrated huff. Being unable to talk to Nick really irritates her.

In a somewhat delayed reaction, an old boot pops out of nowhere and settles over Geneva's head.

She flails at it in a suitably adorable fashion.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2016-06-11 at 07:12 PM.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanctuary

Nick shakes his head.
    "Let's just get to Keiko, okay? She can probably fix your little curse. And if not, can't you be a Mewtwo or Lucario while you wait? Can't they talk?" he suggests, waving to the priestess in thanks and fluttering over to find Keiko.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

The priestess goes to help the acolyte get the glitter out of his fur, only to get infected with glitter herself

Gack! Does this stuff multiply?! It's worse than fleas.

[Pokémon Yard]

Keiko continues to give rides... recess is sooooooo... long and she showed up near the beginning.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-06-11 at 07:23 PM.

26. - Top - End - #476

[Sanctuary ==> Pokemon Enclosure]

Geneva, after an epic wrestling match with the boot, finally manages to dislodge head from it and toss the smelly old thing aside. She takes a moment to kick it with one of her little feets before zipping after Nick, his notepad and pen in her telekinetic grip. The mew bobs through the air, doing her best to keep up with Nick as she writes out another messages.

I wouldn't ever turn myself into an abomination like Mewtwo even if he COULD talk. Talking pokemon are just in the cartoons. They can't really do that. We just don't have the right throat and tongue structure to make the sorts of sounds humans do.
    Hmm...

She will have to turn into something else, though. Lest she causes all the children to go bonkers over seeing a mew. With the image of Midnight still clear in her mind, she drifts down to the ground and pixelates herself into an umbreon! Unfortunately that causes her telekensis to cut out.

Whoops!

<Darn it...>
    she grumbles, pawing impotently at the notepad.

Notepad or no, she trots back to the enclosure, no doubt braving swarms of pets from hyperactive children.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2016-06-11 at 07:32 PM.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Pokemon Enclosure

Except maybe Mismagius, who is magic.
    Though, one wonders why Jace as Victini is telepathic and Mew isn't.
    "Hey Keiko, when you're done we need a pair of curse-breaks on Geneva and what used to be her computer. Whenever you're good." he calls, chuckling as he pockets the pen and pad again.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Pixie in the Playground

[Pokémon Yard]

The school-bell finally rings and the disappointed children are herded back inside. Keiko wiggles and stretches

My spine was not designed with giving rides to wiggly children in mind.

So, Fortuna zapped you both? That's unfortunate. She stuck me in a house out back.

Meanwhile... an intelligent giant snake who had come for medical treatement is told that he could go rest out back. He is amazed and impressed that a humanoid temple would be so thoughtful as to provide a convalescent room just for snakes, and he curls up inside.

So... where's the PIP-thingy?

Of course, there's a translate spell on here in the Yard. And all that ignores the quite happily talking Pokémon who live here too... :D
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-06-11 at 07:39 PM.

29. - Top - End - #479

[Hospital]
    They go to an elevator, and up, and eventually get into a room that would more reasonably be called a closet.

I know... it's small. But it's just overnight and then you can all go to your new home... 'cause you're being reassigned to a family apartment now, so your stuff will already be moved when you go home. Sorry... I don't know the room number.

Felina smiles

Arlem won't bite you, don't worry. And thank you for your help.

The "we'd rather be alone now, thanks" goes unsaid, but the orderly understands and/or anticipates it anyway, and retreats immediately.

My darling Arlem... So, how is the world holding up?

She smiles happily, content with the world.
    Is it safe to have them move all your things? Like, say, a certain snowglobe. Arlem's belongings, of course, are too few to mention. Just a bag of things for an infant that have been stocked up.

Arlem smiles to the orderly himself.
    "That's fine, we'll find out in the morning."

"As well as you're holding up."
    "The world? It could be better. There's fighting in Southside, between AMEN and the Sith. Some political wrangling too. I hear a demon cult is trying to take power from Aki's friends. War's coming here, slowly, from those Chimera folk. I couldn't get the dirlagraun and the akarthi to get along at all. But my sister seems pretty happy there, just growing lentils and not trying to end the world at all. I hope that lasts.
    The dragon king has transcended the mortal plane in some way I'm glad I don't really understand. On our way to the nexus we passed through a world destroyed by such as him- but the spiders have a plan to keep that under control. He keeps underestimating us in the Nexus, and we stopped him pretty well. Speaking of spiders, though, the new celestial has sparked a sort of new religious movement in the house and garden spiders. Maybe you've seen those queer crafty webs they've been making? Gotten a sort of civic spirit to them, trying to repair stuff and decorate everything.
    VIGIL, we've gotten the new tower site secure, and can stop relying on Fel for a place to operate. Just starting up the construction when I got the message and came here. The last sortie against the demons was a great success. Rescued the prisoner and got a lot of information. The near floating island from the great Western ocean has changed course."

He shrugs happily. It's a good world.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-06-11 at 07:42 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #480

[Pokemon Enclosure]

With the prying eyes of small children gone, Geneva reverts to her natural shape. Hopefully there aren't any kids hiding anywhere spying on her.

Geneva can't help but snicker slightly. <Nick's got my computer. Fortuna turned it into, mwee ee ee... into something else. Why don't you show her, Nick?>

Yes, it's inconvenient.

But it's also rather funny. It sure would be nice if they could just laugh off this whole situation, but Geneva still feels responsible for Fortuna's existence. After all, it's still mostly her fault that the draconequus came to be.

<And Fortuna did something to me, too. Every time I try to TRANSFORM into something other than a pokemon, I get interrupted,> Geneva adds. <And if I can't take griffiness or human shape, things are going to get really awkward between Nick and I.> She gives a slightly awkward giggle at that as she drifts over to wrap her paws around his neck as best she can. <Nick is use to his girls being a bit bigger than him, after all.>

That's the way to do it.

Laugh at the trouble.

Laugh to chase away the fear. What if I'm stuck in pokemon shape forever?