New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

There's a "seasonal powerleveling" community you can join, if someone's feeling generous you can get boosted to 70 pretty quickly.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    There's a "seasonal powerleveling" community you can join, if someone's feeling generous you can get boosted to 70 pretty quickly.
    Yeah a geared level 70 can level another toon from 1 to 70 in like 15 minutes. I didn't know there was a community, once I get around to getting geared I might join it, it's fun to occasionally see someone get boosted that fast.

Edit: Am I missing something? I just started playing my monk at max level, but it is looking like in order to get Haedrig's gift, I need to complete a set dungeon. Isn't the point of Haedrig's gift to cut down on the grinding to get started?
    Last edited by Seerow; 2016-05-17 at 11:04 PM.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

3. - Top - End - #363
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Yeah a geared level 70 can level another toon from 1 to 70 in like 15 minutes. I didn't know there was a community, once I get around to getting geared I might join it, it's fun to occasionally see someone get boosted that fast.

Edit: Am I missing something? I just started playing my monk at max level, but it is looking like in order to get Haedrig's gift, I need to complete a set dungeon. Isn't the point of Haedrig's gift to cut down on the grinding to get started?
    I think if you manage to do the other requirements, like beating the level 25 grift you get the rest of the set, THEN you can run the set dungeon.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

The gift pieces are rewards for 3 specific steps on the seasonal chain, not as end rewards for completing the season level.

On the page that requires beating a set dungeon for the season, there's other requirements that individually reward some of the set pieces.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    The gift pieces are rewards for 3 specific steps on the seasonal chain, not as end rewards for completing the season level.

On the page that requires beating a set dungeon for the season, there's other requirements that individually reward some of the set pieces.
    The Specific steps are: get to lvl 70, beat Izual on a certain torment, and beatin a lvl 20 rift solo.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Spamalot in the Playground

Of course not. Think about that logically - how would you get into a set dungeon without having the set?

On Chapters III and IV of the Season Journey, you only need to complete specific objectives to get the Gift. Look for the ones with a green bag icon on them. (Or, just read Xiander's post.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

7. - Top - End - #367
    Firbolg in the Playground

Thanks all. I am kind of blind sometimes, but that helped a lot. Last night's progress included finishing up those, then with my full 6-piece set blowing through the rest of chapter 4. The set dungeon was mildly annoying, but only because I am notoriously bad at dodging freezes (and was really upset that my "Absorb all cold damage" neck didn't count as avoiding the freeze).

Now to start working my way through the back half of the journey/farming decent gear. Right now I'm pushing t6 purely by virtue of the 6-piece set, but the rest of my gear is pretty awful (with the exception of a lucky set of spirit guard bracers I got from kadala early on).
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

8. - Top - End - #368

I have been reading this thread for a while, so I thought i would throw in my battletag: Xiander#2814 european server.

I have been having a lot of fun with my seasonal monk, and by this point i am doing torment ten without any trouble. Trouble is, that i have kinda run into a wall progressionwise. I think i have just about the best gear for the build I am trying, so I don't have much to do aside from grinding greater rifts, to increase my gems and hope for Ancient drops.

Any suggestions are welcome.

9. - Top - End - #369

Quote Originally Posted by Xiander View Post
    I have been reading this thread for a while, so I thought i would throw in my battletag: Xiander#2814 european server.

I have been having a lot of fun with my seasonal monk, and by this point i am doing torment ten without any trouble. Trouble is, that i have kinda run into a wall progressionwise. I think i have just about the best gear for the build I am trying, so I don't have much to do aside from grinding greater rifts, to increase my gems and hope for Ancient drops.

Any suggestions are welcome.
    Finish Season Journey through Conqueror to get your stash tab, then play something else - either another build, another character, or another game entirely. That's my suggestion anyway.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #370

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Finish Season Journey through Conqueror to get your stash tab, then play something else - either another build, another character, or another game entirely. That's my suggestion anyway.
    I have formulated myself unclearly, my apologies.

I am going for the stash tab, but i am having trouble getting enough power to actually do the things i need to do. Which is where you guys come in ;)

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

So, I finally got my Barbarian to 70, and while I like the Raekor's change, the 6 piece bonus is still rather weak. I've found it's more useful to drop Unity from the cube jewelry slot and use RoRG, then use raekor's 4 piece + IK 6 piece.

The build, though I'm still missing a few items (Hellfire neck, parthan bracers, focus). Very fun build if you like the Raekor's chargebarian
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

12. - Top - End - #372

I have formulated myself unclearly, my apologies.

I am going for the stash tab, but i am having trouble getting enough power to actually do the things i need to do. Which is where you guys come in ;)
    Ah, gotcha - what's your battletag? We can throw it into d3planner, which will scan the public info from your profile and give us a starting point for further improving your build.

In general though, if you can handle TX, all you need to take care of everything else on the Journey is to pick the right legendary gems and level them accordingly, and/or grind out some more Paragon levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    So, I finally got my Barbarian to 70, and while I like the Raekor's change, the 6 piece bonus is still rather weak. I've found it's more useful to drop Unity from the cube jewelry slot and use RoRG, then use raekor's 4 piece + IK 6 piece.

The build, though I'm still missing a few items (Hellfire neck, parthan bracers, focus). Very fun build if you like the Raekor's chargebarian
    I haven't played the set in ages - does Raekor make Charge count as a generator for F+R purposes?
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-05-22 at 03:26 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

13. - Top - End - #373

I haven't played the set in ages - does Raekor make Charge count as a generator for F+R purposes?
    I'm pretty sure it does
    Fantastic avatar by Akrim.elf.

14. - Top - End - #374

Ah, gotcha - what's your battletag? We can throw it into d3planner, which will scan the public info from your profile and give us a starting point for further improving your build.

In general though, if you can handle TX, all you need to take care of everything else on the Journey is to pick the right legendary gems and level them accordingly, and/or grind out some more Paragon levels.
    Xiander#2814 euro server, as I posted above. I have not heard of the D3planner before, what is it?

I can handle t10 just fine, but my clearspeed isn't great, I am having trouble with clearing a T9 rift in four minutes, but i suspect teaming up with some freinds might solve that. I am not sure i can handle any conquests, exept the one about lvling gems, but again getting help from some freinds might solve that problem.

I cannot do a the lvl 60 solo rift yet. At 52 I can survive fine, and kille all the monsters, but I cannot clear it within the time limit.

15. - Top - End - #375

Xiander#2814 euro server, as I posted above.
    Whoops That'll teach me to skim.

D3Planner is a site that does just what it sounds like - it lets you plan out your entire Diablo 3 character build. It has current and even upcoming patch note stats for every legendary and set item in the game, letting you paperdoll builds together to get an estimate of what the effects would be before you spend a lot of time farming them up in-game. It's better than the official Battle.Net talent calculator, which only does skills without gear, and also better than the Battle.Net "armory" profile, which doesn't account for hidden variables like passives, elemental damage, cooldowns etc.

D3P isn't perfect but it's a great way to just grab your entire character, show it to someone and say "what can I do to make this better?"

Speaking of which - I assume "Clarity" is the seasonal monk you were referring to, correct?

Were you experimenting with it? Because it doesn't look like you have Mystic Ally OR any Mantras selected, which... basically defeats the entire point of the Inna's set. Assuming that I didn't just catch you at a bad time (or that I don't have the right one imported) then that would be my first recommendation right off the bat. You can drop Lashing Tail Kick for it (Cyclone Strike is also a spender, and works far better) and with the allies beefing up your toughness, you should be able to drop Inner Sanctuary for a runed Mantra too.

If I'm correct I'd advise you to first make those changes and give it a try before I go any further; but if I'm wrong, could you switch to the skills/build you're actually using and then I'll refresh?
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-05-22 at 08:08 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

It's actually already a generator It generates 15 on first hit; the Raekor set does also give it all runes, which gives it Stamina (so it generates even more). Which makes it super easy to hit max rage and dump it into a Boulder Toss, shaving off around 30-40 seconds from Wrath/Ancients; thus, F+R work beautifully with it. In place of Unity, it runs Together as One with ancients so you basically get the same DR.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2016-05-22 at 09:41 PM.
    Morning Star

17. - Top - End - #377

Neat, I can already see the build in my head... R3/IK5, F+R, no need for OROTZ/CDR...

Has anyone tried Standoff on a pure Raekor build? Maybe with the War Cry speed belt...
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

Neat, I can already see the build in my head... R3/IK5, F+R, no need for OROTZ/CDR...

Has anyone tried Standoff on a pure Raekor build? Maybe with the War Cry speed belt...
    I have; the damage isn't as consistent as with the IK set, and you basically get a bunch of small charges leading up to one big swing. There are a bunch of ideas floating around in my head for this, though - for example, Blade of the Warlord turns Bash into a resource spender, but it's still considered a Primary Skill, so stuff like Simplicity's Strength, Oathkeeper and whatnot still work with it (As for F+R, it procs the Spender ring).
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2016-05-23 at 04:27 AM.
    Morning Star

19. - Top - End - #379

Whoops That'll teach me to skim.

D3Planner is a site that does just what it sounds like - it lets you plan out your entire Diablo 3 character build. It has current and even upcoming patch note stats for every legendary and set item in the game, letting you paperdoll builds together to get an estimate of what the effects would be before you spend a lot of time farming them up in-game. It's better than the official Battle.Net talent calculator, which only does skills without gear, and also better than the Battle.Net "armory" profile, which doesn't account for hidden variables like passives, elemental damage, cooldowns etc.

D3P isn't perfect but it's a great way to just grab your entire character, show it to someone and say "what can I do to make this better?"

Speaking of which - I assume "Clarity" is the seasonal monk you were referring to, correct?

Were you experimenting with it? Because it doesn't look like you have Mystic Ally OR any Mantras selected, which... basically defeats the entire point of the Inna's set. Assuming that I didn't just catch you at a bad time (or that I don't have the right one imported) then that would be my first recommendation right off the bat. You can drop Lashing Tail Kick for it (Cyclone Strike is also a spender, and works far better) and with the allies beefing up your toughness, you should be able to drop Inner Sanctuary for a runed Mantra too.

If I'm correct I'd advise you to first make those changes and give it a try before I go any further; but if I'm wrong, could you switch to the skills/build you're actually using and then I'll refresh?
    You are correct, Clarity is my main this season.

That is the build i am running. I realise that i don't have mantras or mystic allies in my skillbar, this is actually intentional, as the innas set gives me the passive abilities of both, so all i am missing is the actives.

Lashing tail kick is an artefact of the fact that i messed around with incorporating Rivera dancers in my build ealier in the season. I might gain something from switching it out for mystic ally, to get the activated part of that. However, I find that the kick gives me some much needed area of effect dammage, I don't know if Cyclone strike can deliver that in the same way.

I am open for suggestions though and will gladly try it out when i get home later today

20. - Top - End - #380
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

The activated mystic ally is actually a massive source of AOE, albeit one on a cooldown. Cyclone strike's AOE is... not great, I agree, so it's main use in damage terms is with the wrists that give massively increased mystic ally damage for 5 seconds, as well as the usual grouping and your shoulders. Also, I notice you don't have the unity passive- that's a more consistent source of 20% extra damage than determination, since your mantras affect your mystic allies, so it's basically always at the full 20%.

It does look like you've hit the point where progression starts to slow down a bit, but it's not as slow as it can seem initially when you transition from the fast climb to T10 into the climb up the Grift numbers.

(Here's mine, just as an example so you can see what I'm talking about, BTW: http://www.d3planner.com/215023488 )
    Last edited by Istarial; 2016-05-23 at 06:56 AM.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, getting the full Inna's set shot me from t2 to t7 in a single bound. Anything lower and the Mystic Allies murder everything before I even get into range to strike. On a t4 "kill 100 enemies" cursed chest, I took my hands away from the mouse and keyboard and let them rip everything to shreds; they took down 142 before the timer ran out.

On a side note, does the Fleet-footed passive stack with other forms of movement speed increases to give the monk a 35% total? I only ask because that's what my HFA rolled.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

22. - Top - End - #382

You are correct, Clarity is my main this season.

That is the build i am running. I realise that i don't have mantras or mystic allies in my skillbar, this is actually intentional, as the innas set gives me the passive abilities of both, so all i am missing is the actives.
    I strongly recommend you at least include the Mystic Ally active. The amount of burst this gives you is phenomenal - up to 4800% AoE damage from the fire ally and up to 8750% from the water ally if all your allies hit a targets (which they usually will, because your Cyclone Strike helpfully stacked them up), and note that that all this damage can be further tripled if you get your hands on Bindings of Lesser Gods. And did I mention enforcer gem also applies? End result is that you will absolutely melt whole packs. This damage will get further compounded by the fact that you stacked them inside your Forbidden Palace, and your survivability is also boosted because the Water Ally active froze them all so they can't hit back. By the time they unfreeze, most if not all of them will be outright dead.

Next up are your gems:

Your first priority (and the easiest) should be to upgrade all those emeralds to Flawless Royals. If you're short on emeralds, your first stop is the cube recipe "Darkness of Radament" to recolor any gems you have that are a different color. The best tier of gems to recolor are Flawless Imperials (i.e. the ones currently in your chest) because 9 of those equal a Flawless Royal so you won't waste any money. If however you're short on gems in general, an easy source of more is public bounty runs - simply accept the "boss room" invite every time so that you get loot from the Diabolic Chest. These chests are chock full of gems, and you can use the above recipe to recolor any non-emeralds. In addition, lots of goblins show up on bounty runs (simply pick the bounties that coincide with goblin farming routes and you're guaranteed to see at least one), giving you a good chance of a Gem Hoarder. You can also prioritize the bounties that have a bonus chest at the end like the "Cursed Chest" or "Nephalem Challenge" ones. If you're not feeling confident enough to solo TX with the group difficulty boost, you should have no problem stomping T7 instead.

Your second priority are your legendary gems. The big two you want are Enforcer (which boosts all the ally damage I covered above) and Bane of the Trapped - since you're vacuuming everyone into your aura, the damage boost will always proc, even if you didn't also have Water Ally and Forbidden Palace snaring everything around you. For these I'd drop Esoteric Alteration and Bane of the Stricken. For the former, you have toughness overkill right now - 55% DR from palace, 50% from LeFebvre, 50% again from Sunwuko, 40% from Spirit Guards, 40% life from Earth Ally, and with the Water Ally active you'll be freezing most incoming damage before it can hurt you anyway. If you're still somehow feeling squishy after losing that gem, drop Momentum (which won't be up while you're standing still anyway) and get Harmony instead, which will give you a massive toughness boost.

As for Stricken, it's actually not the strongest choice for pet builds - the purpose of that gem is to increase your single-target/boss damage, but pet builds don't usually need help there because all their pets will just be wailing on the same target ("for massive damage!"). Enforcer will get you better overall results and better scaling - you'll hit *much* harder vs. trash and elites, and vs. rift guardians you'll be doing comparable damage since you'll start out above the 25 from stricken.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

23. - Top - End - #383
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

One thing on legendary gems that is to consider, actually: Which inna build are you going for? Because stricken and esoteric are actually the recommended gems for the exploding palm variant here, for example: http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/monk-inn...ld-patch-2-4-1

, which I think does have a higher top end than the basic variant, but does have a higher gear floor.

24. - Top - End - #384

Quote Originally Posted by Istarial View Post
    One thing on legendary gems that is to consider, actually: Which inna build are you going for? Because stricken and esoteric are actually the recommended gems for the exploding palm variant here, for example: http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/monk-inn...ld-patch-2-4-1

, which I think does have a higher top end than the basic variant, but does have a higher gear floor.
    I assumed he was using the Forbidden Palace configuration, which does main Enforcer and Trapped.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

25. - Top - End - #385

Thanks for the feedback guys, i will try and mock about with my build a bit and see if it helps :)

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Stash tab... check.

I may end up rolling a HC character for once, I've actually only got three things left to check off the next level of challenges- HC character to 70, one more conquest (I'm 4 away from GR 75 solo), and kill diablo in under 45 sec, which will be cake.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Troll in the Playground

So, my monk's first ancient this season was an Inna's Reach that rolled without a socket, so I ave 3 RGs with nothing to put them in. I was using all cold skills anyway and then an ancient Frostburn dropped for me, too. I've also scored Focus and Restraint (not ancients yet, though) so my damage soared through the roof; I'm bulldozing t8 and the only reason I'm not going any higher yet is that I'm still kind of squishy; getting vortexed/jailed in a single molten explosion is instant death. I'm spending all my blood shard trying to get a RoRG and Unity, though I may start trying to gamble my way to Uliana's set; I've got 2 pieces now, and I kind of want to play with the 6-piece.
    Last edited by mangosta71; 2016-05-31 at 04:17 PM.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    So, my monk's first ancient this season was an Inna's Reach that rolled without a socket, so I ave 3 RGs with nothing to put them in. I was using all cold skills anyway and then an ancient Frostburn dropped for me, too. I've also scored Focus and Restraint (not ancients yet, though) so my damage soared through the roof; I'm bulldozing t8 and the only reason I'm not going any higher yet is that I'm still kind of squishy; getting vortexed/jailed in a single molten explosion is instant death. I'm spending all my blood shard trying to get a RoRG and Unity, though I may start trying to gamble my way to Uliana's set; I've got 2 pieces now, and I kind of want to play with the 6-piece.
    The situation you describe is exactly what Dashing Strike is for.

29. - Top - End - #389

Serenity will also work but yeah, having an "oh crap on a crabstick" button to get you over there immediately now is useful for nearly every build.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Serenity will also work but yeah, having an "oh crap on a crabstick" button to get you over there immediately now is useful for nearly every build.
    This is especially true since the AI is clever enough to drop hazards and then vortex you into them. Most notably, my Wizard has been killed a couple times with teleport on cooldown when most of the molten minions are in the middle of exploding and the boss vortexes me into all of them. If you're fighting Vortex+Molten, don't use your escape tool until the very last second, so you go vortex->escape->boom->live instead of escape->vortex->boom->dead.

Also, some classes have better escape tools than others. Vault won't ignore waller effects but will break Jailer, Leap last I checked things oculd still melee you while you were in midair, Teleport tends to get hung up on terrain for some strange reason, and Streed Charge is very easy to accidentally click out of depending on your build. The WD one I remember being pretty useful. Dashing Strike has probably the best pathing and utility of them all, and it adds damage, so it's highly recommended to use.

Edit to avoid double post: Dammit hardcore. This is why I don't play you!
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2016-06-02 at 04:13 PM.