New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1833343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1530
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Eternal Winter IC

@Adalyse: You try and sense any life readings in this hall and most of the first floor you were before.

There is one faint life reading that moves away from your range. Hard to tell where it's gone off too.

Almost as if it disappeared.

The two most pressing matters here are Iki and Humbert.

Jacob did ask you to help Humbert using your control of Lugenheim to push him through the painting Johann and he had jumpd.

But why do that, when you can control an entire house to yourself?

Striking Iki Ryo at her current distance is impossible.

But running over her like an iron stampede is a possibility.

And what a glorious possibility it is, as you unhinge Johann's wall, which covers the entire hall and have it assume a vaguely spider like form as it runs and mows over everyone...

Everyone.

@Humbert: You are the first to feel it, as Adalyse's spectral might animates Johann's iron wall and runs over you, her sights set on the Deceitful Winter.

Spoiler: Trample
    Show
    As rolled by Adalyse, same DC for the save. Trampled opponents can attempt attacks of opportunity, but these take a –4 penalty. If they do not make attacks of opportunity, trampled opponents can attempt Reflex saves to take half damage.

@Adalyse: Iki takes the full brunt of your iron smack as she spins in place for a few seconds and then you watch your own adamantine body crushed by the wall itself.

Since nobody is occupying it at the moment, it cannot react, but being made of adamantine, it should be able to withstand some punishment.

@Humbert: Iki Ryo has been hurt something good by Adalyse this time. Using her own house is a double edged sword, but if it gets her closer to being dead, that much better.

The Deceitful Winter moves away from the wall and looks at it and then at you, smiling wickedly as her hand begins to pull in black ice shards.

"Adalyse is but a minor annoyance. You want a fair fight, paladin? Wrong House to ask for one.""

At that moment, a green spectral vision of Draegi Distantastar appears beside Iki and aims her bow at you, shooting a single arrow at your chest.

This one does not hurt you physically, but it has effectively removed any help from both Johann and Aenar and yourself.

Spoiler: Grater Dispel Magic- Buffs removed
    Show
    Disobedience
    Mass Conviction
    Delay Death
    Bless

"Catching the others will not be a problem. But you, paladin- you are going to suffer for not yielding to my request.""

Map

Round 4

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Humbert
    Adalyse

Iki Ryo, the Deceitful Winter

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ogre in the Playground

Still controlling the iron construct, Adaylse had the creature ball up it's legs and slam down on Iki.

Wall panels pulled from their place and swayed menacingly, as if daring the fey to do something.

The hollow armor stood up from it's trampled position and moved away from the massive melee of twisted metal and wood occurring right next to it.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Iron gate attack - (1d20+25)[41]
    Damage - (4d6+13)[19]

Wall panel 1 (readied action - casting) attack - (1d20+25)[40]
    Damage - (4d6+13)[32]

Wall panel 2 (readied action - movement) grapple check - (1d20+45)[58]
    Damage - (4d6+13)[27]

Armor move toward where statues had been used.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aenar barely glances at Dietrich, his attention on Zephyr.

Spoiler: Maximised Cure Critical Wounds
    Show
    40hp back to Zephyr.

"I've done my duty to Pelor and to Zephyr," Aenar replies. "I'm going back for Humbert. I only wish I could have saved Xander."

He gazes at the befouled remnants of the wizard, mourning the loss of a friend. There seemed like prospect of bringing him back, with no real remains to speak of.

He hears Johann's message, then relays the information to Dietrich and the now-awake Zephyr.

Safely out, he responds, Dietrich and Zephyr safe, Xander killed by latent curse. I will try and get Humbert out, now no one else is at risk.

Smiling faintly, he speaks aloud to his fellows:

"Pelor bless you, both of you. One way or another, I should return soon. If not... well, it was an honour to know you."

So saying, he teleports back to the room he just left, hoping to find Humbert still alive.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

An so, for the only slim hope of defeating this monster Humbert must trust she will honor her word... paradox...

he gets crushed by the wall and adalyse's trample and then by the dispelling arrow.
    and then mounts on the hurt back of babieca, preparing his cold iron lance and ordering babieca to move down the hall. as the horse throttles Humbert calls on his ancestrers and divine energy covers the Masterwork Lance... Rider and horse as one, turn down the hall facing Adelyse.

Iki, I'm ready...

Spoiler: action
    Show
    fast mount, free action, babieca moves double her speed down the hall and Humbert casts Holy sword on the Lance...

http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=173918
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2016-05-27 at 05:29 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

@Adalyse: You are not letting Iki Ryo survive... that is a given.

Humbert may have sealed his fate, but yours can be spared.

You are in control of the entire Hall of Lies, after all.

The Deceitful Winter gets slammed against a wall by Johann's now malformed iron wall and leaves an indentation on the wall as snakes made of plank and nails rise menacingly around the Yuki O Na, ready to strike her at a moment's notice.

The Ruler of Lugenheim has been hurt a lot, but she isn't showing any signs of going down yet as Iki forces her way out of the wall and looks at her indentation.

"I am going to make you suffer horribly for this, Adalyse. You think I haven't dealt with the undead before? Iborighu relishes their service! You are going to regret your actions, little spirit...""

@Aenar: You wake up Zephyr by applying a healthy dose of Pelor's power into his body and then look at the remains of the magus, who sacrificed his life to get you three out.

Then, looking at the samurai and scout, you bid them farewell and look up at the steps leading to Lugenheim and focus on Humbert, hoping to pinpoint his location and in a flash of golden light, disappear...

The hall is a mess.

Pieces of wood have sparked to life. The dragon statues roar and crack under the icy attacks from Iki and Humbert looks seriously hurt, but so does the fey.

No sign of Adalyse, but given her prior actions, she is here, in some form or forms.

The Deceitful Winter watches you reappear in the hall and smiles wickedly.

"You would return here? You really are stupid. Just like Xander.

What can you do? Utter a prayer for the paladin? His last rites? The magus' sacrifice was truly in vain- ultimately, you all have a death wish...

If that is the case, I shall play genie.""

Map

Show
    Humbert
    Adalyse
    Aenar

@Dietrich & Zephyr: And just like that, Aenar is gone.

Both of you could simply find help, but where? Iki Ryo's vile snow still pulls at your wounds- even if at full health, unless Aenar blesses you in hallowed ground, you won't be in top shape.

Same goes for Humbert, whom you can only hope is still alive.

It is at that moment that a familiar voice echoes through the snow around you and a glint from the distant star shines on the spectacles in the snow.

Anyone there?

It's Xander's voice.

@Johann: Aenar's message comes loud and clear...

Xander gave his life for the others... and that idiot is going back in the house!

Jacob looks back at the trees and places Fenvarel in his regular adventurer pack.

"The wind and cold here does not feel like an illusion, but let us go and find where this rabbit hole leads. We need to somehow get back to the others."

The red ball ends in the hands of little Luna, who picks it up as she looks up at Casyllyn, who holds her hand and both walk through the snow.

Jacob is about to call out to the Coven Leader when you raise your hand, asking him to keep quiet.

That isn't Casyllyn... that's Iki Ryo.

But how? She is fighting Humbert and Adalyse back in the manor. This fey is not an illusion.

But that doesn't mean there isn't magic involved. And now it is clear that this enemy may prove to have access to tricks none of you possess.

The Body Outside Body spell, a powerful incantation mastered by Eastern Mystics known as Wu Jen. With this spell, Iki can effectively split her body into idnetical and very real and dangerous copies of herself and send them on tasks.

This one should not be as powerful as the original Iki, but she should not be underestimated.

The Deceitful Winter turns around to look at both as Luna holds on to her hand, confident that it is her mother.

"You will not harm our child, horrible Unseelie... thankfully, Arrallae has her mighty Guardian here to protect us.""

Jacob raises an eyebrow as another version of him springs from the trees several feet away.

"That isn't me...""

And sure enough, that is far from being a servant to Arrallae:

It is said that many people get lost in the Frostfell, be it because they simply were foolish enough or because some mischievous power lead them astray.

The fate of these lost souls manifest in different ways.

The unlucky who are found wandering the woods by tribes of Frostfolk are most of the time sacrificed to the cruel Winter Gods, usually by throwing them off an icy cliff or tying them to a log and having them drift down a bitter cold river...

The result is a wandering spirit known as an Icegaunt.

Undead indigenous to the Frostfell, Icegaunts embody the malice of cold, much like Iki herself and can pummel their foes with great strength, leaving freezing wounds.

Because many of the tribal sacrifice involved in their creation, invoking foul nether powers, an Icegaunt can not only channel the powers of a druid, but he can sap the life out of the living with each successful strike.

To the unprepared, only weapons forged by powerful arcanists will be able to hurt their tough hide.

Iki Ryo holds on to Luna and squeezes her hand as she runs with her further down the trail.

"Let us go, child... let these monsters be dealt with by Jacob.""

The Deceitful Winter's laughter echoes through the trees as the undead smirks and pieces of ice fall off its leather face.

The real Jacob gets his bow ready and aims at the false vision.

"If that is Luna, we cannot let her get lost. Let us finish off... myself? This is odd.""

Round 1

@Johann: The icegaunt clenches its leathery claws and sparks of green lightning crackle between them as both you and Jacob are zapped by thousands of volts of electricity.

But this spell has a nasty touch to it. It seems to affect your body even more so than a regular version of the spell.

Spoiler: Enervated Arc of Lightning
    Show
    52 electric damage. Reflex DC 19 for half

Map

Show
    Iki Ryo
    Icegaunt
    Johann
    Jacob

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Titan in the Playground

@Humbert: It's a golden light that illuminates the ruined hallway of Lugenheim, causing Iki Ryo to avert her eyes for a second as the celestial neigh of Babieca echoes through the room.

Proud and noble Babieca stares directly at the Deceitful winter as you immediately ride her and hold on to your lance, which causes the fey to smile.

"You called a pony from the heavens, didn't you? A paladin staple, of course. But look at you- you can barely hold on to that lance, Humbert.

Face it, I have won. I actually won a long time ago. Finding Jacob and the sapphires is currently underway.

The fact that the cleric is here will do nothing to change the outcome.

And Adalyse is about to learn how wrong she is about who really is in control of this house.""

@Adalyse, Humbert, Babieca & Aenar: Iki Ryo's aura begins to glow purple again as the pieces of the house attempt to smother and smack her around, but to no success.

Iki has proven to be quite nimble as fell energy gathers around her and her left eye and chest glow with that malevolent purple energy and in a brutal flash, the entire hallway is covered in a thick sheet of ice and frost as the symbols of Iborighu glow with extreme influence and vigor.

All of you are caught in this massive flash of frost which, unlike regular cold, burns deep, leaving black and bluish sores all over your bodies.

This manages to heal Iki Ryo of many of her wounds at the same time!

Spoiler: Piercing Cold Mass Frostburn
    Show
    45 cold damage. Fortitude DC 30 for half.

Regarding Frostburn Damage:

Unlike normal damage, however, frostburn damage does not heal naturally and may only be healed magically with a successful DC 25 caster level check as long as the victim remains in cold or colder temperatures. If the victim reaches an area of moderate or warmer temperature, his frostburn damage becomes normal damage that can then be healed naturally or magically in the usual manner.

The Deceitful winter laughs as all of you are hit brutally by the spell.

"Well, there goes the paladin. Now nobody can bring him back. Any last words, Aenar?""

Map

Round 5

Show
    Humbert & Babieca
    Adalyse
    Aenar

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Titan in the Playground

"Brace yourself, Jacob. I'll exchange you with Luna. She's the real one", he tell him telepathically and use his runestaff to exchange the hostage for Jacob.

Spoiler: Bening Transposition
    Show
    Luna and Jacob

"Stay behind Uncle Johann, Luna. That isnt your mother", he tell the fey child steping between her and the winter gaunt.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Titan in the Playground

@Johann: You inform Jacob telepathically about the situation and the Eternal archer nods.

Send me in.

It's a quick snap of your fingers as Luna appears next to you and you reassure her that everything is alright as the half fey looks at you in horror and rolls up into a ball in the snow.

Iki laughs at a distance as Jacob appears next to her and takes a few steps back, opening a volley of arrows, many of which hit her and hurt her, but the fey is not really bothered by it.

"Johann! Are you sure that was a wise move? To separate a child from her mother? She may not have any spells on her- given her nature, fooling her is not that easy...

But not impossible.

This monster has wandered Lugenheim for awhile. I was quite surprised to see what she really was, but in the end, she is a child. A child that wants to be with her mother. I can only wonder what her mind is truly seeing right now. What words she is hearing from your lips....

The tremendous mental back lash must be killing her...hehehehhehehhehhee! You will add a child to your list of kills? That is one for the books, for sure.""

Luna seems in pain... what has this monster done to her?

What can you tell this child before her mind cracks and so does her body?

What?!?

Round 2

@Johann: Iki Ryo moves in towards Jacob and holds him by the throat, as a pillar of ice shards envelops both.

"Stupid Guardian! I will not have you messing around when I am so close to disposing of your sorry lot!""

The Deceitful Winter hurls Jacob several feet away in an explosion of snow and as the Archer is about to get up, Iki Ryo simply looks at him, freezing Jacob in place.

"Wanderer in the Woods! Lost soul of Lugenheim... kill that mage.""

The Icegaunt roars as pieces of ice fall from his beard and the beast speeds up incredibly fast as he places one well thrown punch across your face.

Spoiler: Slam
    Show

25 damage plus 2 cold damage plus 1 Negative Level

Map

Show
    Iki Ryo
    Icegaunt
    Johann
    Jacob

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr sits up, coughing, trying to recover. Even with Aenar's healing magic, he is badly wounded, with the scourge of Iki Ryo's vile damage still affecting him. He looks to Dietrich, who is in a similar plight.

"That went well." With an effort, Zephyr stands and checks the remainder of his gear. "Dietrich my friend, I suggest you return to that house and set it on fire, from the outside. Nothing good can come from entering it again."

He looks up at the unusual voice. "Xander? Aenar said he could not bring you back, not like this. How can we hear you? What can we do?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    ... See, that's classy. Super classy. You're not just taking Body of the Sun and turning it into a source of walking destruction; you're taking Body of the Sun and an unwitting pawn and combining them into a source of walking destruction and comedy. That's evil genius, right there.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Titan in the Playground

Johann takes the slam right in the face.
    He hears Iky's banter and look at the terrified Luna, a child which was probably exposed to the evil nature of this place. He really doesnt like this fey: tormenting a helpless child is sick.

He take a step toward Luna and see her react frightened, who knows what she's seeing after all.
    He knells to her eye level and smile, "It's me, Luna. Your friend Johann. Remember what I've told you back when we met? The world is what people see and perceive: creativity is the greatest tool someone may have, since it allows you to shape and sculpt reality itself. However some evil creatures use theirs to confound and twist the world into their nightmarish visions. But there's a magic word that can break any illusion or lie that those here may have used on you".

"Can you remember it? It's the same we used to finish the ball and the beautiful hat I gave you. Wooby-doopty-boo", he says and waits to see if this can help her to break off the illusion, "Repeat with me, please?"

He waits for Luna to try to break the enchantments and illusions that may have be cast on he, hoping that little encounter with her in the Sheppard's Grove will be enough.

Working or not, he hold her hand and teleport close to Jacob.

Spoiler: Dimension Door
    Show
    Taking her and myself to Jacob's side
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Titan in the Playground

@Zephyr: You suggest to Dietrich to set the entire house on fire. Best burn it from the outside than risk going back in again.

That's when you hear Xander's voice from amidst the sludge that used to be him and question how can he even talk to you, when Aenar himself said he could not bring you back.

The voice goes silent as the winds howl around you before resuming.

Please adjust viewing goggles for further explanation...

@Johann: There is little you can do as the Icegaunt bashes your face in, nearly breaking your jaw as Iki Ryo laughs further back.

"Well, Johann. No more tricks left, huh? Too bad- I still have many in store. Those in Lugenheim will be dead shortly. Jacob has fallen to my glance and will never break ahold of my enchantment...

And to think that Golarion, Decarabia and Uriti fell to all of you. Truly the Herald has poor taste in followers.""

Then you look back at little Luna, who has fallen to Iki's vile influence and ignore the undead monstrosity with you, speaking to that child you met a few days ago, which seem like an eternity, given everything that has transpired since last seeing her and then utter the words.

Iki Ryo laughs from afar.

"What kind of spell is that, Johann? Woobity woobity what? Pathetic....""

Luna looks at you and blinks once. Then twice as she gets up and the whole frozen forest begins to rumble as the Deceitful winter and her Icegaunt look around.

This is not Iki's doing as Luna begins to glow and her whole body becomes engulfed in golden light as a much older female's voice breaks through the rumbling and a maiden comes into being, with glorious butterfly wings on her back and striped arms, much like those of a tiger, with a tail to match:

"It's Wooby-doopty-boo, you frigid bitch.""

The woman gives the undead a cold stare as the ice gaunt takes a few steps back and even Jacob, frozen by Iki's spell, raises a confused eyebrow as the woman looks at you and gives you a warm hug.

"Uncle Johann! You came! Sorry about the language. Mum would go bonkers if she heard me say that word, but, well... given how long I've been here.""

Luna releases her strong grasp on you and looks at Iki in the distance as she cracks her knuckles.

"This one can wait... I have something to say to that Yuki O Na.""

Whatever happened to Luna, it is clear that this is her. This is no illusion...

But she was a child a few seconds ago!

Regardless, you bring your runestaff down and both disappear and reappear next to Jacob, caught under Iki's spell as the Deceitful Winter shakes her head.

"This isn't good...""

Luna takes a leaping stance and before you can register what has happened, the half fey is upon Iki, tearing at her with claws and kicks, not too different from Decarabia's fighting style as one final claw swipe breaks Iki's neck and the Deceitful Winter drops on the ground, eyes wide in disbelief as her form turns into nothing but snow.

Luna blushes as she looks at you and then stands upright, giving you a bow.

"Thank you, Uncle Johann. Jacob, care to break off her spell? We still have work to do here.""

Round 3

@Johann: The Icegaunt watches his mistress reduced to literally nothing but snowy paste and looks at the three of you as Jacob grunts and manages to break off the icy stare that kept him in place, mustering all his will to do so.

The undead roars and flicks three pieces of wood into the air as each transforms into a tree sized javelin, which are hurled towards Luna as she crosses her arms and moves left, then right and finally leaps into the air as she lands on the last one and then gently flutters down, causing the undead to begin to move back.

"And where do you think you;re going?""

Map

Show
    Icegaunt
    Johann
    Jacob
    Luna

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Titan in the Playground

Johann get confused and surprised by the outcome and by the way the young girl speaks.
    "Not time for questions, I guess. I'm glad you're ok", he draws Silas' wand and send five force ravens at the witnergaunt. His reperoire is prety much depleted, but he can still screw things up for Iky Ryo.

"You'll pay for whatever you and your master did to Luna and my friends".

Spoiler: Magic Missile
    Show
    (5d4+5)[16]
    If SR, caster level check (1d20+10)[20]

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

Curious, Zephyr picks up the goggles and takes a look through them, trying not to get any of Xander's remains on himself.
    ... See, that's classy. Super classy. You're not just taking Body of the Sun and turning it into a source of walking destruction; you're taking Body of the Sun and an unwitting pawn and combining them into a source of walking destruction and comedy. That's evil genius, right there.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Titan in the Playground

@Johann: Luna smiles as you point Silas' wand at the beast and barrage him with five copies of Enigma, made of raw arcane energy as these peck and fly through his leathery body.

"Thank you for coming to rescue me, Uncle Johann.""

Luna walks a few steps forward as she raises both of her hands and these become engulfed in fire.

"These things are poor souls left to wander the forest. Killed and brought back by the Frostfell... they simply cannot handle FIRE!""

It's a gigantic pillar of flame that cleanses the Icegaunt in sacred fire, causing his body to suffer tremendous damage. More so than an undead ought to.

Perhaps because Iki Ryo brought them to being from the Frostfell, fire is anathema to them.

Yet the creature, badly hurt, still stands!

Round 4

@Johann: This undead is clearly out of his league.

He thought he'd be able to bring you down easily, but he did not count on someone like Luna to join the fray.

Calling on the powers of the frozen trees around him, the Icegaunt points his smoking finger at you as a host of green spectral shapes fly towards you, each wailing in agony as they attempt to deprive you of all your protections.

Spoiler: GDM- Buffs removed
    Show
    Disobedience
    Superior Resistance

Jacob composes himself at last and aims his bow.

"Good to have you here, Luna... odd as the situation may be.""

The arrows fly true and strike the undead, causing several explosions of sound to obliterate the Icegaunt completely, leaving behind only a burnt husk.

Luna looks on at the charred remains in the distance and then turns to look at both with a wide smile.

"We did it! yay team! But Adalyse and Xander are somewhere trapped in that house! Iki Ryo put some poison or drug or something in our soup and then, I was caught in this place, with vaguely any of my strength, but I am quite sure Adalyse did not drink from what was served.

Oh! We also need to find Aunt Anzaril! I know she's around. I saw her! I don't think she saw me, though: she was muttering something about a Nistle Swansong being around, but when I called for her, it was like she couldn't even see or hear me.""

Jacob scratches his head regarding the new information.

"Xander left Lugenheim. He took Dietrich, Aenar and Zephyr. They should be out of the house by now. We were currently fighting Iki... the real one, at least.""

@Zephyr: You walk up to Xander's sludge remains, carefully not to step on him and pick up his spectacles, putting them on over your Raptor Mask as Xander appears in a blurry vision and clears his throat for a few seconds, looking at you in silence.

And then he speaks:

If you are still alive after putting my glasses on, it means that the spell I cast on them has not detected you as evil and thusly, the Runes I carved on the frame have not exploded.

Congratulations. You are still alive.

Now that we got that out of the way, I am assuming that either Silas or Johann have found my remains, after being caught in Iki's Infallible Servant Curse. However, since this is a programmed message, i will refer to you as Friend.

Very well, friend. I was, unfortunately, caught in Lugenheim's many chambers. Iki Ryo, a Winterhaunt of Iborighu who lords over the House of Lies can effectively alter reality and impose very powerful hexes and curses... while people are trapped in the house.

During my entrapment, I was able to pierce the veil and, although I was caught in Iki's deception, I too was able to deceive her, by recording the schematics of her House.

Lugenheim runs on very ancient and sinister fey magic, but also on the powers of the Frostfell. These are located in three pivotal areas of the house, which are protected by sigils and illusions.

I can guide you, Friend, through the House and disrupt the pillars that hold it in place.

Destroying Lugenheim will release anyone trapped in its walls. It should, in theory, reduce Iki Ryo's power considerably.

If you are willing to accept my help, please confirm with a simple Yes and we can get started. Be aware that this is a guide- any traps or foes Iki Ryo has inside, will have to be dealt by you.

Best of luck.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Titan in the Playground

"Damn it", Johann curses as sone of his protections are removed. He's too tired and weakened to keep on exploring the place, but apparently the number one commendment of Pelor is "Thou shall jump into needless suicide". Why Humbert and Aenar kept going fighting? There is no problem in escape and fighting another day.

He look at Luna and smile, stopping thinking on the pelorites.

"Of course I would come and save you", he put his hand in her head and mess her hair around.

More seriou, he ask her, "When were you taken, Luna? Xander escaped with some of my comrades, but apparently a hex killed him. Aenar went back into the fray and is probably fighting with Iky Ryo, the real one. Maybe we can rescue Anzaril and Raine while they distract her. I've got one last scroll of teleport that we can use to escaoe this place and have a Sending left, but it will take too long to cast it and we dont have much time. Let's find a way out of this portrait dimension and look for the others".

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Dietrich offers Zephyr a hand up. He give a short, bitter laugh at Zephyr's suggestion.

"Were it up to me I'd bring the twenty best mages in Keoland and smear that house across the map, but it---wait, was that Xander?"

He looks at the glasses resting atop the snow, beginning to slip under the fresh fall. His heart thuds in his ears as Zephyr places them over his mask and stands silently for a while, staring off into space as if he sees something.

"Zephyr? You alright?

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Titan in the Playground

@Johann: Why would Humbert and Aenar stay to fight that monster?

Aenar was already out! Humbert could've fetched a ride as well, but noooo... the stupid paladin code.

Now Xander's dead and it was all for nothing.

You dismiss the idea of getting back at those two- assuming they are alive and mess Luna's hair as the half fey giggles and blushes as she flies a few feet above you.

"Stop it, Uncle! Wait... what?""

Luna descends and sits on the snow, registering what you have mentioned.

"Xander's dead... and he was such a good person. He saved me back in Gloomheim against the Joyless Queen.""

Luna clenches her fists and gets up, determination and fire in her eyes.

"I want to kill that Iki Ryo witch. I know my mother would not approve of this thinking, but she has taken many people I like. I cannot forgive her.""

Jacob nods and rest his bow on his back.

"We will get her, Luna, but first, like Johann said, we need to find Anzaril and Raine.""

Luna listens to the last name and lowers her head, going silent, which causes the Eternal Archer to raise an eyebrow.

"You know Raine?""

"We don't need to save Raine, Jacob- you already have.

I am Luna Raine Anderson. Mother gave me a second name. A reminder of my human heritage. As to how I came to be this way, well...""

Luna scratches her head and paces around the snow.

"It was shortly after Windemere made her appearance at the Font of Life. Mum was considering to go and fight her forces, but Reintse asked her to stay, while he took care of me. The situation was bad.

Our Coven has our sisters frozen in their trees and Reintse is rather skilled. i don't know if you have met him, but my mother trained him really hard to become a Fey Knight, even though he is human.

Two strong warriors out in the field were better than one, but with the sisters frozen in their trees and me as a child to be bay sat...

I listened to their planning and discussion all night before I went to bed.""

Luna walks up to you and places her hand on your chest, where the Icegaunt hurt you, using a spell similar to Aenar's to seal the bruise.

Spoiler: CCW
    Show
    36hp healed

"That night, I prayed to my Aunt, up in the sky to help me help my mother and the forest. It was her voice in my dreams that asked if I really wanted to, that it would not be an easy path...

And that it was my choice."

I remembered stating quite firmly that I would be willing to help. That i wanted to. I couldn't let mum and Reintse risk their lives. All of you. And so, Aunt Arrallae granted me my wish. I awoke the next morning in this form, which, according to mum, is what i will look like in, say... fifteen years?

I still have some of the blessings given to me at birth, combined with my parents, both fey and human and my newly awakened powers, which mother believes is the path i will take in the future.

But I don't know what will happen afterwards. I know that I have been given a chance to fight against the Unseelie. Against Windemere... and I will fight. This is my home. And I will protect it. No matter what.""

Jacob rubs his chin in thought.

"It is unusual for Arrallae to do this- to age someone with her powers. The last person she used this on was with balion, but it was to,,, send him away to eternal rest. If Arrallae believes you can help, who am I to question her decision and yours? Right now we need to find a way out of this forest. Portrait. What have you.""

Luna walks around and shuts her eyes, breathing deeply.

"As a child in the Shepherd's Grove, I was able to discern where Dietrich and others were fighting Gan Ceann. Maybe I can use this ability now to find a way out. Let me focus...""

Luna keep quiet for a full minute and then opens her eyes and points towards the forest trail, which turns right.

"I sense her- Anzaril. she isn't far. Let's go.""

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aenar arrives to a scene fresh from nightmare, as the house itself contorts and writhes, striking at Humbert and Iki Ryo with equal malice. Surely, only Adalyse can be behind this, proving the essential darkness of her nature by striking at Humbert when his allies are nowhere in sight.

He hoped to save Humbert, to convince him to flee now the others were safe.

Instead, he arrives just in time to witness the paladin's death.

He howls in wordless rage and grief, and feels the planks of the floor buckle beneath him.

He cannot save Humbert... he is not even sure Humbert wants to be saved.

Fenvarel is nowhere in sight.

Closing his eyes, hating himself for doing it, he teleports back to Zephyr and Dietrich.

With any luck, the Fey and the undead will destroy one another, and he can then reclaim Humbert's body from the wreckage.

Looking at Dietrich and Zephyr - for some reason parading in Xander's glasses - he has tears in his eyes as he says softly, "I was too late."

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Titan in the Playground

@Aenar: Had that abomination known as Adalyse not hampered your soul and body... Humbert would still be alive!

And as the entire hallway springs forth to unholy life and Iki Ryo blasts everyone with yet another massive ice spell, you watch the brave aasimar drop from Babieca and hit the floor.

Let these two monsters finish each other.

And so, you call on the Archon's power and hop across realities and reappear next to Dietrich and Zephyr, who, for some reason, has Xander's glasses on and with a tear rolling down your red cheek, inform the two brave warriors that Humbert has fallen.

@Adalyse: He wanted a warrior's death, he got one.

The Deceitful Winter is about to smile, when a single wound appears on her wrist out of nowhere, causing her to look back at the room where Jacob and Johann fled.

"Well, then, Haunting. The pelorite has fled. he's not coming back, that much is certain. Now, it's just you, me, and that a paladin that can barely stay astride his horse...

Claiming you is going to be as worthy as crushing a gnat, you worthless spirit.""

Map

Show
    Humbert & Babieca
    Adalyse
    Aenar
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2016-05-28 at 12:52 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Titan in the Playground

Johann listen to Luna Raine explanation and goes in thought for a moment, "Well, you'll become a very prerty lady, but I had no doubt of that", he says adding a wink for her.

He then watch her begin to focus on Anzaril ans go searching the foul piles of snow that were Iki Ryo and the wintergaunt, to see if there are any earthly possessions left behind.

Once she finish her divination, Johann nod to both.
    "Let's go save her then while we still have time to".

He moves to the indicated location.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

The spider-limbed iron wall slammed it's body down one more time, attempting the crush the life out of the fey before stomping down on her with it's huge and numerous legs. The entire hallway shook as if destined to collapse at any time as the monstrous and extremely heavy creation stomped and slammed it's way through the floor.

The two boards attached to the walls lashed out at her like snakes seeking to do any amount of damage, since she was able to completely ignore their attempts to pin her down.

Show

Wall of Iron attack - (1d20+25)[26]
    Damage - (4d6+25)[33]

Move action Trample, draws AOO or reflex dc 34 for 1/2 damage
    Damage - (4d6+13)[29]

Wall Board 1 attack - (1d20+25)[36]
    Damage - (4d6+25)[33]

Wall Board 2 attack - (1d20+25)[44]
    Damage - (4d6+25)[37]
    Last edited by Deadguy; 2016-05-28 at 03:19 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Humbert breathes heavily as adalyse's iron spider attacks iki, he lowers his lance and prepares Babieca, his family Banner tied to the lance.

He thinks of the strong and brave Draegi, sweeping down form the sky on the back of her eagle and raining arrows on demons and undead.

Draegi, my love, I shall meet you on the other side, where the boats part to Elysium or I shall find you and bring you back to my side. Either way bless me.

Gaula! Charge for Life and Peace

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    SSWIFTActivate Rhino's charge(shared with babieca), Free Divine Might Full round Charge smite evil Moving from G 10 to L10 Lance reach is 10': (1d20+31)[35] (+23cold iron holy lance +2 Charge +5 smite evil+1higher ground) Damage (3d8+93)[109] +(2d6)[8]

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Titan in the Playground

@Adalyse: You manipulate Johann's monstrous wall of iron, taken the form of a malformed spider and attempt to bash Iki Ryo, but the Ruler of Lugenheim simply evades every single brutal attack.

"You have been out of your league all this time, Adalyse. Your actions before have killed Xander and now, as a pitiful Haunting, you attempt to to use my own House against me? What a sorry creature- I have taken in countless lost souls in Lugenheim. All far more powerful than you.

I would say that I am impressed by your dedication beyond the grave, but really... it's just sad. Understand this: I am an extremely powerful fey, Adalyse. I cannot be bested by any of you. Even at full power, you have no chance against me. Never had. Never will.""

@Humbert: So this is it.

Your body is at the brink of collapse.

Babieca is still strong, despite what misinformed eyes might attest otherwise.

This is why you answered The Call- to end Evil.

You once heard that fiends take fey as inspiration for their malice, being tricksy creatures of their own and some, like Iki, able to harness power that is comparable, at least to your experience, to that of a deity.

Aenar is here, but he is extremely weak. His presence here is merely for moral support, as you raise your lance and call out to the Gaula House, spurring Babieca to charge as you envision Dragei,.

Beautiful Draegi, whose arrows never miss, leaping amidst the trees and raining death upon the unholy fiends that plague Oerth.

Beautiful Draegi who was killed by Iki Ryo in the most cowardly of ways!

The Deceitful Winter watches you charge across the ruined halls of Lugenheim, and simply raises her hand as your lance becomes frozen, despite the tremendous power that your charge carries forth.

Enough to run down a god himself!

"How does it feel, Humbert, to have dedicated the last of your strength to run me through, calling to a House bereft of true warriors. House Gaula?

You are going to die, Humbert. There is no avoiding that.

But first, you get to see another loved one throw his life foolishly, just like Xander.""

@Adalyse & Humbert: Iki Ryo becomes engulfed in a white frozen aura and dashes like a specter ten feet away from Babieca and Humbert.

Appearing a few feet away from Aenar.

The Deceitful Winter smiles as the malformed hallway tries to slam her about, to no success and she simply takes her time caressing a beautiful silk scarf around her neck.

"He keeps you alive and healthy, does he not? Has a firm head on his shoulders...""

Iki plays with her silk scarf as this one snakes out of her neck and wraps around her left arm and that purple glow begins to manifest again.

"... but not for long.""

This is a spell that is not seen amongst wizards or sorcerers. Arcane, yes. But not one that traditional mages cast on a daily basis, as the scarf is hurled at Aenar and takes on a metallic texture, with razor sharp edges as it wraps around Senar's neck at blinding speed and then flies back to Iki Ryo's hand, disappearing as she catches it.

@Adalyse & Humbert: Aenar simplys tand in plave, uncertain at what has happened when Iki Ryo smiles wickedly and the archon's eyes look at Humbert, confusion in his eyes and then a spray of blood squirts on Babieca and Humbert as Aenar, proud and powerful cleric of Pelor, has his head separated from his body as this one drops unceremoniously at his feet, causing his body to kneel and then collapse on the wooden floor boards, his neck wound spilling copious amounts of blood.

@Adalyse: this is no illusion- you cannot feel any life light emanating from the pelorite.

Iki Ryo simply killed him.

@Humbert"the Deceitful Winter smiles and looks at you astride your steed.

"Do you know why I killed Aenar rather than you? I did so because I wanted you to feel completely helpless and realize that your actions, all of them. Have wrought nothing but misery to your friends.""

Map

Round 6

Show
    Humbert & Babieca
    Adalyse

@Zephyr & Dietrich: Aenar teleported back in...

But whether he was able to help Humbert and Adalyse, who knows.

He's not back, so he is probably putting up a good fight right now. Even though his body is weakened, he can still harness amazing powers granted by Pelor.

One can only hope.

But what to do now? Zephyr is just standing there, wearing Xander's glasses, doing gods know what.

@Johann: Luna blushes like a plump tomato as you mention she will one day grow up to be a beautiful fey.

"Uncle Johann! You make me all shy! But if what Aunt Arrallae said is true, yes: This will be the fey I will grow up to be in ten years, give or take.

I don't know how long I can hold on to this new form, but I have to make the best use of it while this Eternal Winter lasts. I have sensed Anzaril further down. Let's go.""

Before Luna can lead the way, you greedily search both slain monsters.

Iki's clone is gone. Luna's brutal attack caused her to disappear completely.

The Icegaunt has some items with him, though, scavenged from his charred remains.

Spoiler: Icegaunt's Loot
    Show
    900 gp

Black Pearl (700 gp)

Lapis Lazuli (14 gp)

Moss Agate (10 gp)

Ring

Jacob walks beside Luna as she points at several pools of of clear water in marble basins.

"These pools will take us to where Anzaril is, but she has been through several and it is rather hard for me to determine the last one she used."

Jacob looks at the pools and then at Luna.

"Right now, you are our best shot at finding her. She and I don't see too well eye to eye, but Iki Ryo is a far bigger threat, so I am sure that she will welcome the extra help.""

Luna goes silent again as she lowers her head and focuses, finally pointing at one of the pools.

"That one... I am fairly certain that's where she went.""

Jacob walks first to the pool and tests the waters.

"They are cold, which is not surprising. Let's get out of this forest trail and find this Glaisting. She is Windemere's sister after all, so she should have great powers at her disposal that can help us beat this Yuki O Na.""

And having said that, Jacob leaps into the pool, which splashes on the snow, freezing immediately and disappears.

Luna watches Jacob take a dip and then looks at you, giving you a wink.

"Last in is a Pelorite!""

And having said that, Luna Anderson leaps into the air, spreads her wings and dive bombs into the pool.

You already had to swim in cold muck back in Moruga, so freezing pools in this forest should not be a problem.

Actually, it is.

The water is freezing! It's a whirlpool that washes you inward and expels you in yet another hall in Lugenheim.

This place is very similar to the last- with ornate wooden floors and tapestries depicting Iki Ryo riding clouds with mountains in the background, all drawn in professional ink strokes.

But there is something else here:

Frogs. A swarm of ghostly frogs which croak and look at the three of you as a few hop further down the hall.

Jacob smiles at their sight.

"We are close, alright: Anzaril uses her spells with a harmless after effect- phantom frogs. If these are here lingering, then she must be close.

Map

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

"You're wrong about one thing, Iki Ryo. You assume that I've been trying this entire time. Tell me, how many spells do you have left and how long are will your protections last. I have eternity, do you?"

The voice came from the armor directly and it moved again, this time the glowing red eyes flared to life and it began to draw upon the latent arcane energies. The very frigid air around the armor warped as she amplified her connection to the arcane.

Two sickly green rays of energy, shaped like wailing and confused faces flew toward the Deceitful Winter to drain her of her mental capabilities.

Show

Move action - Haunt body
    Swift action - Assay Spell Resistance
    Standard action - Ray of Stupidity (Split Ray) using metamagic specialist

Spell Resistance check - (1d20+22)[42]
    Attack rolls - RTA 1 (1d20+10)[13]; RTA 2 (1d20+10)[19]
    Intelligence Damage 1 (1d4+1)[3]; Intelligence Damage 2 (1d4+1)[4];

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr spots Aenar returning again, and then leaving again, before he can even call out to him. He turns to Dietrich, handing him Xander's glasses. "Xander tricked the fey into revealing the house's secrets. With this information, perhaps we can bring down Iki Ryo. But I have no way to get a message to those inside, and without Aenar's divine conduit to Pelor, I am badly wounded. I saw you suffer from the same blast that I did."

Zephyr looks to his vest, still full of magic for the day. "Listen to the message. If you wish to return, I'll not stop you. Maybe you can find the others inside, or the pillars of which Xander speaks. But I still believe a healthy fire sparked from the outside would be best."

Zephyr turns to that which was once Xander and examines the remains, to see whether anything else he was carrying might help them with their problem. No use leaving it to rust in the snow, after all. It could be returned to Justcrown when possible.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Aenar!

Humbert and babieca advance sligtly and Humbert lets go with every muscle of his body attempting to pierce the fey's heart.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    5'step Free action Divine Might, Full attack Power attack -12/+24 (hoping for 20's)
    1st attack (1d20+13)[18] (+23holy cold iron lance+1 higher ground -12 power attack) Damage (1d8+43)[51] +(2d6)[2]
    2nd attack (1d20+8)[14] (+18holy cold iron lance+1 higher ground -12 power attack) Damage (1d8+43)[44] +(2d6)[11]
    3rd attack (1d20+3)[19] (+13holy cold iron lance+1 higher ground -12 power attack) Damage (1d8+43)[51] +(2d6)[10]
    4th attack (bracers of quick action) (1d20+13)[17] (+23holy cold iron lance+1 higher ground -12 power attack) Damage (1d8+43)[50] +(2d6)[6]

Babieca smite evil [/B](1d20+10)[26] Damage (1d8+10)[14]

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Titan in the Playground

Johann pocket the loot from the wintergaunt and follow up Luna and Jacob into diving into the cold pool.

He cast a cantrip and dry the cold water from all three of them, before looking at the frogs. "It sure seems he deserve the title of the Fen Witch".

He grips his runestaff in one hand and Silas's wand on the other.

"Let's go find her", he says and begin moving in the corridor.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Titan in the Playground

@Adalyse: Iki Ryo dodges both rays with very little effort, even holding one in her icy hand and extinguishing its light.

"You and Humbert have both stated that I am running low on spells... why? What drives your empty helmet of a head to believe that? Do you truly understand the amount of power I wield, Adalyse?

No... how could you? You have a one track mind- crush and stomp. Many fallen spirits are known to come back to Undeath's embrace with a bonked head.. stupid, as some would say.""

@Humbert: You watch Aenar's head stare at you as it rolls down the ruined hallway and his body collapses immediately as you grip your lance and spur Babieca to move towards this fiendish fey and bring all of Pelor's Wrath on the Deceitful winter, as Iki laughs and dodges your thrusts, much like a phantom.

"And Aenar was the last word you ever uttered, Humbert. Know this- you will never see your beloved in the afterlife. You die in Lugenheim and here you shall remain.""

Iki's body begins to crackle with electricity as her staff turns into a bolt of lightning, shaped like a blade, which then takes the form of a javelin.

"The only good pelorite is a dead one. Good bye, you nuisance. Killing you was extremely easy.""

And having said that, Iki Ryo hurls the electric javelin at your body, which pierces your heart and bathes you in thousands of bolts of electriicty, which your aasimar nature attempts to shield you from...

But the damage caused by this spell is too strong even for your celestial heritage to stop the internal bleeding as you drop from Babieca's saddle, eyes open and a single electrified tear running down your cheek.

Spoiler: Lightning Blade
    Show
    39 electric damage. No save

@Adalyse: Iki Ryo watches Babieca neigh loudly as a tear rolls down her cheek and stamping her hoof loudly on the ground once, disappears, back to the Heavenly Realms.

"And then there was one.""

Map

Round 7

Show
    Adalyse
    Iki Ryo, The Deceitful Winter

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground

The armor does not seem affected by the taunting, there is no facial expression to be seen nor is there any bodily reaction to another member of the group dying.

Weaving strands of magic together once again, the armor forges a giant gauntlet from the snow-filled air. It moves to wrap the Deceitful Winter up in it's grasp.

Show

Standard Action - Telekinesis
    SR check - (1d20+22)[33]
    Grapple check - (1d20+19)[36]

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

@Adalyse: You watch both Aenar and Humbert be slain, but there are no times for tears here.

You will destroy Iki Ryo. That much is a given.

And so, pointing your gauntlet at the Deceitful Winter, you cause a swarm of spectral hands to fly towards her and hold the fey tight in place as Iki smiles and doesn't even move.

"You must be a sorceress: Wasted power. No substance. Definitely no brains. You truly believe this spell can hold me? Try again, Adalyse.""

Iki's left eye glows with purple energy as the hands release their grasp from the fey and this one takes out a black rod from her kimono. One covered in black ice shards.

"You are not a threat whatsoever to me, Haunting. You are trying to buy the others some time, aren't you? I have already sent people to deal with them, but something tells me that they, unlike you, have been a tad more cunning.

No matter. Here is a parting gift. I will be seeing you shortly... as a thrall to the House of Lies.""

And having said that, a viscous explosion of acid erupts around your body, corroding your adamantine frame.

Spoiler: Vitriolic Sphere
    Show
    64 acid damage. Reflex DC 27. If failed, take 27 acid on the next round and 13 acid damage on the round after that

Both rounds of continuing damage are subject to Reflex saves for half damage; if an affected creature succeeds on its second Reflex save, it takes no acid damage in the third round.

And having cast that, Iki's rod rattles in her hand as her entire body becomes engulfed in purple energy and with an echoing laugh, vanishes from the hall completely.

Map

@Zephyr: You inform Dietrich about Xander's message, but insist that a good old fashioned fire ought to bring down Lugenheim completely.

And then you kneel down to check on Xander's belongings. A mage like him ought to have a lot of powerful items at his disposal.

Spoiler: Xander's Possessions
    Show
    Sending Stone

Runestaff

Gloves

Robes

Component Pouch

Rod x 2

Wand x1

Spellbook

@Johann: You cast a simple cantrip to dry all three of you as Jacob checks his cloak and gear.

"Thank you, Johann. You sure have the right spell for the right time. And yes, this is one of the many reasons they call her the Fen Witch.""

Luna takes offense to the comment as she walks through the ghostly remnant hopping frogs.

"Hey! Mum said that title was given to her as an insult. Anzaril resents being called that. She is a very powerful sorceress, but that does not make her a witch, you know...""

Jacob shrugs and follows Luna down the immaculate wooden hallway and stops at an intersection with three doors and a pair of Jade Lung Dragons, each holding a sphere of white ice fire in their claw.

The Eternal Archer looks at luna as she focuses and then frowns.

"What's wrong? Where is Anzaril?''

"That's the problem- the arcane trail she left splits three ways. At first I thought it was Iki Ryo doing this, but it seems this is Anzaril's doing...

she doesn't want Iki to find her. Maybe she's stalling for time.""

Map