New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Steven Univ3rse: The Great and Lovable Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    It's been brought up in at least one youtube video i've seen that the crystal gems might be the only ones able to bubble/summon gem weapons. Bubbles having been addapted from Rose's protective bubble that Steven typically uses, and weapons suggested by the fact that Pearl had so many weapons that weren't her spear that she used in the rebelion. (though this could merely be because she's a pearl and not intended for combat. As well we see Jasper using her gem weapon of her helmet, so either all/most combat gems can use them, or she learned it at some point.)

There's also the point that none of the rubies we've seen have used gem weapons asside from personal fusion. And none of the homeworld gems we've seen has made a bubble as far as i'm aware, with possible exeption to the gem shards in the cluster, who may have learned it from Steven's example.

What are your thoughts?
    I think I know the videos that you're referring to, having heard some reasoning for Homeworld Gems not knowing how to bubble I don't personally agree. I recall one video referred to the cells on Peridot's ship as evidence that Homeworld Gems can't bubble, which I guess sort of makes sense-- having bubbles would probably be less space-intensive than individual cells. Unless Jasper and Peridot were planning on interrogating their captives. In that case a bubbled Gem might actually get pretty inconvenient, and a cell that no Gem can escape from might actually be preferable. After all, as Peridot herself said to the Crystal Gems, "...Have fun trying to talk to me when I'm in a bubble!" Which actually ties into another point-- Peridot doesn't know much about the Crystal Gems or the rebellion, but she knows what bubbles are and has some understanding of how they work.

As for Gem weapons, since Jasper can summon one I'm operating under the assumption that being able to do so is normal for Quartz-type Gems.
    Last edited by The Fury; 2016-07-14 at 02:43 AM.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

This guy makes good music videos.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Steven Universe music videos?
    I've seen a few...

SU / Hamilton crossovers are numerous and some of them are good.

From the previous creator, something upbeat celebrating the slow but steady progression in the show.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blmIi8arwTg

Youtuber by the name Datis Ausum does many visually amazing videos. Most are frantic, this one is slow and tender.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qlfq98b60g

This music video is a "retrospective music video", which means it goes through many of the most memorable season 1 scenes in order.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXEcAkoLz_c

The best character-based SU AMV I've seen so far is probably the one below. With a song named Pearl, and the lyrics a decent match for the character, it works quite well!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZoN9Pdd1YI

4. - Top - End - #304
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: "Tomorrow and Tuesday
    Show
    We have a synopsis of Drop Beat Dad. "Steven helps Sour Cream put on his DJ show."

We also got the first two Minutes of Mr. Greg were also released. Double Spoilers, but Greg is rich now because Marty sold "Like a Comet" to a fast food chain, who rewrote it into a popular jingle for Hamburgers. Gregs new riches are from Royalties

So, everybody who predicted that Drop Beat Dad would be about Marty coming back into Sour Cream's life in some way, well, It's looking like you're all right.

My theory, Marty comes back to give Greg his cut, can't find Greg because he doen'st have a set address(living in a van after all), and runs into Sour Cream while trying to find Greg(Maybe he looks up Vidalia to see if she knows?)
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler: "Tomorrow and Tuesday
    Show
    We have a synopsis of Drop Beat Dad. "Steven helps Sour Cream put on his DJ show."

We also got the first two Minutes of Mr. Greg were also released. Double Spoilers, but Greg is rich now because Marty sold "Like a Comet" to a fast food chain, who rewrote it into a popular jingle for Hamburgers. Gregs new riches are from Royalties

So, everybody who predicted that Drop Beat Dad would be about Marty coming back into Sour Cream's life in some way, well, It's looking like you're all right.

My theory, Marty comes back to give Greg his cut, can't find Greg because he doen'st have a set address(living in a van after all), and runs into Sour Cream while trying to find Greg(Maybe he looks up Vidalia to see if she knows?)
    Spoiler: Oh, Marty.
    Show
    There was a clip released from Drop Beat Dad that shows a big ol' tour bus pulling up to Greg's car wash, it's reasonable to infer that it's Marty's so I guess he didn't have any trouble finding Greg after all. My own speculation is that Marty doesn't have any interest in Sour Cream until learning that he's a DJ. From there... I dunno... How much of a dirtbag is Marty? Would he exploit his son for financial gain like he apparently did with Greg?

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ettin in the Playground

New Steven is a thing that is happening today! Woooooo! Also, if we're showing off Steven Universe videos...

that is the best one that I can remember seeing in a long time but is very...spoilery, so if new to the show, don't watch up until at least Jailbreak is done!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

7. - Top - End - #307
    Firbolg in the Playground

SQUEEEE new Steven soon!

I'v set an alarm to go off a 6:55 every day so I don't miss any of the goodness.
    Also, my TV apparently thought 'Drop Beat Dad' had already aired so it wasn't going to record it.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #308

Actually new, or just the French episodes airing in the US?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

9. - Top - End - #309

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Actually new, or just the French episodes airing in the US?
    My TV is saying it's Steven Floats, then Drop Beat Dad today, but it may be confused.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #310

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    My TV is saying it's Steven Floats, then Drop Beat Dad today, but it may be confused.
    This is correct, as was said earlier in the thread. Toda'ys episode is Steven Floats airing in the states, and it's second half is Drop Beat Dad.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Spamalot in the Playground

Better go make sure my DVR settings are right when I get home. :3
    My daughter wants me to record the new Steven for her to watch as well.

I wonder who her favorite gem is?
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

12. - Top - End - #312

Spoiler: Drop Beat Dad thoughts as I go
    Show
    So, Steven wants to be a roady? That's a pretty Steveny thing to want to do.

Holding hair back while someone's puking counts as moral support?

Is the mumbles that Onion and Yellow Tail make like, a Language?

Yellow Tail seems concerned about Sour Cream's future. He also aprrantly goes to his concerts. Prediction, he's actually a really good step father.

Marty's going bald.

Ah crap he's the worst kind of Vampire.

Sour Cream knows that Marty is his Father, Marty knows Sour Cream is his child.

Marty is still a scumbag.

Marty lies through his teeth.

Yellow Tail seems concerned about Sour Cream.

Steven doesn't know how mic checks work.

Yep, Mart's a jackass.

Onion likes the nasty soda.

Yeah, I think mumbling's a language.

And Mary only gave Greg the money because he's legally obligated to.

Yellow Tail is good step parent.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Spoiler: Drop Beat Dad
    Show
    So I'm guessing that the money's going to tie into the next episode Mr. Greg, as well as the promos in which everyone is in fancy suits.

I'm also guessing that unbeknownst to Greg, Marty's been getting incredibly rich off his music. (Makes sense, Like a Comet is a kick-ass song) This is the end result of a legal battle and now Marty has to pay Greg the royalties he's owed.
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

14. - Top - End - #314

Show
    Ahhahaha, okay... finally got the joke behind the title. It's been a long month. ^^;

I felt kind of sad for Steven's dad running out of the car wash. Being a poor dad that needs help raising a child? Yeah. Resonates.
    From both sides.

I hope Greg is smart with his money. Too easy to just blow the cash wad when it goes to your head. D:
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #315

Spoiler
    Show
    I like to imagine that Greg will spend a big chunk of the money in Mr. Greg, but he won't COMPLETELY wipe it out, so he'll have enough left over to take care of Steven and the damages from the gems for quite a while. Ten mil is a lot of money to spend if you don't go out TRYING to spend it all.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    How can Marty be such a jackass, I mean wouldn´t it be easier to just put some banners on the sides of the stage saying: "sponsored by crappy soda" and don´t ruin his kid´s show? I hope he never comes back (except maybe to give Greg more money)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Stuff from previews for future episodes
    Show
    Greg still has enough money to by a tablet for Peridot, and he's also content to live out of his vab, so Mr. Greg just seems like he took Steven and Pearl away for the weekend to have fun but still has a good chunk left.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

18. - Top - End - #318

Spoiler: Going forward
    Show
    Apparently episodes going forward involve Greg and Steven getting gifts for the Gems, so...

Pearl strikes me as the type who would enjoy Broadway musicals and upper class museums, so taking her to the New York knock off makes sense.

Edit: double spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Clip from Beach city Drift. Greg will be keeping the money but will apparently still be living in his van.

so I think Mr. Greg is gonna be a one time splurge to get it out of his system thing.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2016-07-18 at 11:34 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #319

confused Re: Steven Univ3rse: The Great and Lovable Thread

New episooooode.

Spoiler
    Show
    It was really cute. Marty may be one of the only genuinely evil people in this show.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    New episooooode.

Spoiler
    Show
    It was really cute. Marty may be one of the only genuinely evil people in this show.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume by people you're excluding Gems, cause jury's still out on the Diamonds.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Drop Beat Dad thoughts as I go
    Show

Onion likes the nasty soda.

Spoiler: Yo, Dad-- Let's drop some beats!
    Show
    IT'S NOT EVEN GOOD ON CHIPS!

The more I think about it Guacola doesn't just sound nasty, but fascinatingly nasty. When it gets poured out it's a rather thick, viscous consistency. Like a can of green snot. So would it be fizzy too? A can of fizzy, avocado-flavored ooze... I'll admit, I'd be curious to try it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    New episooooode.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I kind of want Marty to meet Yellow Diamond. Because hey, it'd be funny if she thought he was a slimeball too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume by people you're excluding Gems, cause jury's still out on the Diamonds.
    Spoiler: I have the Detect Evil ability, it's just really flaky in my case.
    Show
    Is it? Yellow Diamond is perfectly OK with annihilating an entire planet while acting disdainful of the life that's on it. I think it's fair to say that, jokes aside, she's probably worse than Marty.
    Last edited by The Fury; 2016-07-19 at 02:45 AM.

22. - Top - End - #322

Edit: double spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Clip from Beach city Drift. Greg will be keeping the money but will apparently still be living in his van.

so I think Mr. Greg is gonna be a one time splurge to get it out of his system thing.
    Future Episode Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, Greg is going to still live in his van?
    And not say, get an apartment so that Steven can stay over with him from time to time like a responsible parent would do?

Oookay...?

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Diamonds
    Show
    They're still out only cause Yellow Diamond had the jury shattered.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Spoiler: Yo, Dad-- Let's drop some beats!
    Show
    IT'S NOT EVEN GOOD ON CHIPS!

The more I think about it Guacola doesn't just sound nasty, but fascinatingly nasty. When it gets poured out it's a rather thick, viscous consistency. Like a can of green snot. So would it be fizzy too? A can of fizzy, avocado-flavored ooze... I'll admit, I'd be curious to try it myself.
    Drop Beat Dad
    Spoiler
    Show
    That drink sounds like it should be a D&D encounter. :3

I think it's pretty bad when a company invents a way to make guacamole taste bad on chips.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Future Episode Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, Greg is going to still live in his van?
    And not say, get an apartment so that Steven can stay over with him from time to time like a responsible parent would do?

Oookay...?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Watermelon Steven and Story for Steven both seem to imply that Steven already stays with Greg sometimes.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Drop Dead Beat
    Show
    I found this episode pretty meh, personally. The only really interesting part for me was the ending. At least we won't have to wait several months to see the results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

25. - Top - End - #325

Spoiler
    Show
    Watermelon Steven and Story for Steven both seem to imply that Steven already stays with Greg sometimes.
    Show
    So Steven shacks in the van too? I guess he could, but with that kind of money I find it odd that Greg wouldn't at least get himself a decent studio apartment or something. He can actually have a real postal address too. :3

Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Show
    So Steven shacks in the van too? I guess he could, but with that kind of money I find it odd that Greg wouldn't at least get himself a decent studio apartment or something. He can actually have a real postal address too. :3

Maybe his mail goes to the beach house? It wouldn't surprise me much if Steven just dropped by every day or two to give Greg his mail. If nothing else, its not a terrible way to make sure Greg and Steven don't go days or longer without seeing each other.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

27. - Top - End - #327
    Bugbear in the Playground

I really, really hope that Greg doesn't have a snap back that so often happens to characters in fictional shows when it comes to finances.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    I really, really hope that Greg doesn't have a snap back that so often happens to characters in fictional shows when it comes to finances.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I feel like this a big enough cliche that the showrunners are both aware of it and so are probably going to work to avoid it.

There may be some early splurging, but Greg's a (largely) responsible and humble guy.

I predict a very significant Trust fund in Steven's future though.

29. - Top - End - #329

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Maybe his mail goes to the beach house?
    I was thinking more along the lines of how certain utilities and financial instruments prefer or require you provide a physical address of residence. Unless the car wash could count for that? Maybe.

Spoiler
    Show
    I feel like this a big enough cliche that the showrunners are both aware of it and so are probably going to work to avoid it.

There may be some early splurging, but Greg's a (largely) responsible and humble guy.

I predict a very significant Trust fund in Steven's future though.
    Show
    I keep misreading showrunners as shadowrunners. >.>

But yeah, Greg seems to be a pretty good father. Hopefully the money is wisely invested.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Finally watched Drop Beat Dad
    Show
    Man, Marty's a jerk. And he knows he's a jerk, too. If a mea culpa is an offense in its own right, he might even be... worse than Yellow Diamond?!

But yeah, I agree that the episode was kind of weak - and it had so much potential. The best part about it was the title (to be fair, titles are important). But like, Sour Cream can be great in an ensemble because he's got such a quirky perspective and a knack for ice cream koans... but he can't carry an episode. I think it needed more Marty/Greg interaction? Maybe a flashback?
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig