New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 3: A load of carp

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Near a Waterfall

Oh no, text! Her mortal enemy!

Not sure what Faithel really expected there honestly, but reading was not her strong suit while she was drunk. She blinks a few times as she sees the letters start to adjust themselves before her eyes, suddenly feeling the need to sit down. She doesn't even seem to notice the sudden drop in temperatures. "Whoa, I'm even more out of it than I thought. I think this letter is trying to speak to me."
    Near a Waterfall

Sorrow leans over Faithel's shoulder, peering at the letter for a few brief seconds before shaking her head. "I was only taught how to read High Gothic, nothing else. Whatever that shifting speech is, it makes my eyes feel like they're bleeding." She admits, not seeming to realize that her eyes always look like they're bleeding. "If it is trying to speak to you though, perhaps we should burn it. Nothing good ever comes from intelligent tomes or scrolls." She adds, misinterpreting what she'd been saying.

Inside a Bunker on an Island

My clock tells me it has been One-Hundred and Seventy-Eight years, Six months, Thirteen days, Four hours, Fifteen minutes, and Eighteen seconds since I had been forced into Power Saving Mode upon my creation. After twelve-point-zero-two seconds of inaction, I grow concerned and reach out through my connection to my Bunker's databanks for an answer as to why I have been awoken. Immediately my concern grows for while my diagnostics tell me that I am One-Hundred-Percent operational, both my initial communication and my diagnostic scan have taken nearly twelve times as long as they should for a standard Mk. XXIX. As a Mk. XXIX(Sp) there should be just a small degree of play within my processing capability depending upon my Special designation, but this is unacceptable.

My bunker's reply raises even more concern and puzzlement. It tells me that the bunker's external power supply has been severed, leaving it to run off of reserves. While it was more than plentiful for decades on Power Saving mode, it was one of several triggers in which I were to be awoken to await a Commander. I take over the Bunker's systems remotely, searching for a camera feed, but the only sights I am greeted with are those of the Airlock, office, supply and power room, and a hallway watching over the Commander's Dorm. The layers of fine dust I see tell me that no one has trespassed in this bunker for several decades, perhaps as long ago as the date of my initial creation. Once more I find that my actions seem to take far longer than the Specs of a Mk. XXIX would allow, and once more my Diagnostics tell me that I am fully operational.

One minute after my awakening, I take fourteen seconds to deliberate before attempting to move. My optical sensors have been blocked, meaning that mobility was perhaps the only functioning method I had left to learn of my immediate surroundings. As soon as I attempt such however, I find myself paralyzed with my mobility systems shut off by physical restraints, leaving me with only one option.

To wait.

It takes me only a few moments to find the Bunker's electronic reading material and I begin to peruse it. I find Chaucer intriguing, Sir. Arthur Conan Doyle to be clever but dry, and Hemingway thought provoking, but after reading all of their works, my thoughts turn towards Shakespeare and Poe. I find their words...comforting. I find my concerns dropping in time until a pressure sensor within the Office goes off and I am forced out of my state of waiting. Was it my Commander?

Without waiting for another excuse to do so, I turn my sights over to the Camera, turning on the red light to show I am watching as I turned the bunker's security systems on to Stand-By mode, just in case...

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

Island Bunker- Office

Sam Bacon is in another predicament.
    After being woken up in the Ethereal's Spire, he had been assured that all would be well. He was allowed to move about the place, and given anything he wanted, except leaving. Though he hadn't ever really asked to leave, since he was still waiting on that body he was promised. And it's not like they could be lying about that since they were taking the time and money to feed him, right? And so he didn't pay too much attention to the amount of time that passed. Nor did he worry much about his health. Sure, after a few months he'd started to look a bit round, but he was getting a new body so it didn't matter, right?

But the same place can only stay interesting for so long, and things got worse as Sam really fell into boredom. He had a TV and things to do but there was just no one around. It was nearly impossible to find any friends, especially with the population of Ethereals. He lost the tan he'd gained in Skyside, along with any chance of seeing his ribs again for a long time. He had no illusions of what he was doing, but he didn't particularly care.

Of course, until he was told he was being released, and that was really that. He failed to get any real information out of them about what happened, only that he could choose between going on as he had or leaving. And while he was being provided for, it wasn't a life and he was sure he'd go mad if he had to stay there for another year. So he made a few demands, milked as much sympathy from Jinn as he could before asking to be dropped off somewhere safe, outside of Skyside.

He and his rolling suitcase are gently deposited onto a room of steel and dust, marked up instantly by his sneakers and wheels. The poor, out-of-shape guy is relatively confused, but he can recognize a bunker when he sees one. That or a really secure warehouse, but those don't usually have offices. The best he can do is start examining his surroundings...
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #483
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Near a Waterfall

Sorrow leans over Faithel's shoulder, peering at the letter for a few brief seconds before shaking her head. "I was only taught how to read High Gothic, nothing else. Whatever that shifting speech is, it makes my eyes feel like they're bleeding." She admits, not seeming to realize that her eyes always look like they're bleeding. "If it is trying to speak to you though, perhaps we should burn it. Nothing good ever comes from intelligent tomes or scrolls." She adds, misinterpreting what she'd been saying.
    Near a Waterfall

"Don't be a baby." Faithel teases. "I wanna know what is says." She continues to peer at it, trying to make out the words as she attempts to turn the text to see if she is holding it upside down.. It could be a treasure map or something!

4. - Top - End - #484
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Anchor just flops on the ground for a couple of seconds. Ugh. This hasn't gone...some particular way.

Better get up though. And proceed slowly and cautiously towards Zhareen and the smoke-crabs.
    [Beach Party!]

Zhareen is more concerned with the demon than the crab right now, yet when it pinches her she just smiles. "Aww..." That was how crabs showed affection, it meant it liked her!

But there was more pressing concerns, like that demon! "Oh king of crabs, you have been released from your prison. Aren't you grateful at your freedom? We have set you free." She pleas.
    Beach Party?

The creature takes a few steps forward, each one caught by one crab in the pile rising to accommodate his strange feet. The thing gibbers, "It was... quite comfortable down there! And it's my duty to guard the staff! Forbidden to leave my side, hmhm!" The creature gazes from left to right. "Now where's it gone...?"

Meanwhile, Anchor might be startled to suddenly find a surprise Fetty beside her. The charismatic young man pops out, saying, "Hey! Anchor! What's cookin'! Sorry, I got distracted." She peers... at the burbling pink monster standing with Zhareen on a pile of crabs.

"So. Been busy, I see."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

Island Bunker

Spoiler
    Show
    I am surprised when I see the young man in the Commander's Office. He'd literally arrived through thin-air, an impossibility to my knowledge and according to everything in the Bunker's database, but every sensor I have tells me that it is the truth of the matter. He has a bag, ready for travel it seems, but the young man himself was terribly out of shape. It was a certainly not a graceful or strong body, likely grown this way out of laxness, but that could be corrected in time. For now however, he seemed to be the only human around.

After several cycles of contemplating my actions, I decide to make contact, but only after making an attempt to use the Bunker's beacon. It takes me nearly two seconds to activate it, much to my displeasure, due to the speed of my processor, but afterwards I am greeted by the sonar and radar ping it gives off. Once it is activated, I look back towards the young man, activate security measures as a precaution, and make contact...

"Identify yourself." A young woman's voice calls out through an intercom through the ceiling. Should Sam look up at it, he'll find it positioned next to a security camera with its red blinking light. Both of those are in turn next to a small gun turret that slides out of the ceiling without a sound. It's small, but it's a gun regardless.

"How did you get in here?" She asks.

The office is small, composing of a solid laminated wood desk, an incredibly dusty but advanced looking computer set upon it, a pair of sturdy padded chairs, and a cabinet set inside the wall next to the door.

---
    Sam spins toward the voice and squeaks at the sight of the gun. After turning if not already clear, his missing right arm should be obvious.
    "S-S-Sam Bacon. The Ethereal Jinn released me here. I don't know how their crazy transporters work." He stammers out, clearly terrified.

Somehow I had missed that he lacked an arm almost entirely and the sight of it forces me to hesitate as I reconsider my approach. According to regulations, it was perfectly acceptable for me to remove the trespasser via force before informing my superiors, but as he was the only human I had seen since the moment of my creation I found myself feeling doubt as to the validity of such a course of action. Three more seconds passed as I made my choices...

Sam will see the gun pull back into its recess, seemingly content to be hidden away for a while longer. "Sam Bacon, you are in a restricted zone. Why are you here and what is your status?" She asks.

Sam lets out a breath he didn't realize he was holding.
    "I'm here because I told Jinn I wanted him to release me somewhere safe. And I guess he took that pretty far. My status is...confused. Fine, I guess, 'cept for the obvious. Uh, unless you mean something else?" he says, trying to enunciate for the hidden microphone.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Beach Party!]

"Hey, Fetty!"
    "Everything worked, so I guess you getting distracted worked out right."

He might find the woman leaning on him for support.
    "Crabs, I suppose? You think she's okay?"
    Zhareen is half fish, and fish are at least twice as good as crustaceans, so...it'll probably be fine.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

Near A Waterfall

Sorrow rolls her eyes and settles down next to Faithel, allowing her far greater bodyheat warm the both of them back up after that frigid blast of air. As Faithel looks at the parchment, the lettering begins shifting again, forming words she recognizes even if the names, date, and locations are all new to her...

19th Day of the Month of Coin

It has been three fortnights since I have left my post according to our Knight-Commander's wishes. I have accumulated a small number of things which I shall leave here for...well, anyone, to find. My name is Arct Neglast, Master Scribe and I am likely the last surviving Knight of my God-King's domain. I fear I am being hunted for while my departure from our besieged fortress had been made will all caution under the dark of night, I've heard neither beast nor insect for these past weeks and the air has turned stale. The nights have grown increasingly longer and a pressure has grown upon my shoulders as if some unimaginably heavy weight has started to settle there. Perhaps I have simply grown weary of running as ordered, but I suspect there are foul powers at play here. The Ascendants have taken over and their thoughtless minions have started to show themselves. I'd give anything for it to be Yrmorl, but given the events of the last year and a half, I am far from that lucky.

My mission is to try and make contact with another one of the holdouts of resistance, a fortress to the South named Adrian's Crag. I have two more weeks of travel but have not slept in three. I am above the masses in my endurance and strength, but even us Knights have our limitations and I believe I have reached mine. I will try to sleep after I finish this record, in case my fears are true and I am hunted.

Lords Abernath and Bay have usurped power from my liege and his family. Their armies have grown twisted, their corruption having surfaced as the sparks of divinity all life has, is pulled from their bodies to leave them mangled and reshaped as the twin Lords wish them to be. These...shells, these...Warped are frightening in both strength and countenance. They are short lived creatures, reliant upon feasting on the flesh of the unWarped to lengthen the existence of their blighted lives. Initially they were once human, but turned into mindless ghouls thanks to the twisting nature of the Ascendants. Those that feast however grow surprisingly strong, rivaling freshly minted Knights with ease and proving trouble even for those of us who are experienced in fighting beasts and man alike.

I suspect that I shall pass well before this small chest is found, but whomever reads this, I wish for you to know. Head South. There will should be a meadow perhaps two days' brisk walk away where I shall try and make my stand against whatever is stalking me. For better or worse, I, Arct Neglast, shall fight once more. If I am successful, I shall take the logging road there the rest of the way to Adrian's Crag. If I am not, I pray to thee to find my remains and inter them there. Take this letter as proof of my wishes and perhaps you shall be rewarded if any of my comrades still stand.

Good luck, and may Strength smile down upon you.

Island Bunker

He's...scared, I realize. The boy is scared of everything that was going on. He didn't seem to know where he was, he wasn't a fighter much less a soldier, and seemed to be on the verge of panic. The soldier in me is a little disgusted by such a display, but I can't help but feel more compassionate and protective over the young man than that. He seemed to be more lost and confused than I was, but despite his invalidity, he still had one advantage that I had to try and utilize. He was mobile where I was not.

"That is sufficient."
    The feminine voice responds. "There should be rations in the Commander's Dorm if you are hungry, but I cannot verify if you will find them palatable since they are nearly two centuries old. They were made to be stored for long periods however, and they should be good if heated in the Rehydrator. I apologize, but there is nothing I can do in order to restore your full functionality at this time."

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

Island Bunker

The boy shakes his head to the camera.
    "I've had plenty to eat. Wasn't going to pass up one last free meal. But...if the rations have been lying around for that long, you're not eating them. So...are you a robot? You can't have just been sitting in this dusty place for two hundred years, could you? he asks, sympathetic. But at the apology he frowns.
    "And don't worry, I wasn't expecting a magic arm-growing machine to be lying around."

9. - Top - End - #489

Near A Waterfall

Faithel's addled mind pays attention to the strangest of things. Knight-commander? God-king? Wherever this guy was from they really liked to combine words. But she continues.
    Ascendants, Yrmori, Twin-lords... the only word here that sounded vaguely familiar here was 'knight and 'ghoul', which suggested, 'good guy' and 'bad guy' respectively.

She knew a treasure-note when she saw one though, not that the reward promised was that great but right now the knight sought some kind of purpose and this was better than nothing.
    "...but why the murloc?" Is a question that burned itself into her mind. "We better seek him out and ask him. Caan you imagine how bothersoome it would be if he's deead? It will bother me forever!"

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

Island Bunker

"I am not a robot."
    The feminine voice declares, sounding quite sure of such. "I am a Mk. XXVIII BOLO, Designation Zero-Five-Four-Nine-Two-Tango-Tango-November." She adds. At least, that is what I should be. She thinks to herself, deciding to keep such thoughts unvoiced. "An artificially created intelligence created for the task of protecting humanity. I have been here for nearly two centuries but had been placed into a Power Saving state for the vast majority of the time. You are the first human I have seen since before that time period and I require your assistance as much as you require mine."

Near a Waterfall

Sorrow frowns after she finishes reading the letter over Faithel's shoulder and proceeds to get dressed once more. "If there is a reward after all of this, then I am a Rogue Trader." She says, sounding doubtful. "Still, it is a direction, is it not? And who knows, perhaps there really is a reward. As for the stuffed...toy, he mentioned just picking up all manner of things. Even I would pick up and pack away such a curio if I came across it in my travels. Is there something innately heretical with...what did you call them? Murlocs?"

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

Island Bunker

"Tango-Tango-oh!" Sam's eyes flash. How the pilots give out callsigns in the movies!
    "Okay, so you're a defense AI. Of course I'll help. I can't just leave someone in a dusty office when they can think and stuff. Just as long as you don't try blowing up any nice non-humans. Do you have a little core thingy I can leave with, or are you in something I can open some doors for...? I have no idea what a BOLO is." he admits, a little embarrassed. Is that something the AI expected him to identify?

12. - Top - End - #492

Near a Waterfall

"Heretical? What does that me'an? All I kn'ow is th'at they're pests, a'nd I happened to save a village of them once." She pauses looking off into the distance. "I must have been really sober back then, or angry, pro'bably both." She chuckles. "Ah, this just makes me all the more eager to go on some journey. Steal treasures from some bad guys, maybe get some ta'il." She gives Sorrow a playful poke in the ribs with her elbow as the draenei's short tail suddenly emerges from the water, starting to sway back and fourth. "Eh? Eh? Yeah, you know what I mean."

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Beach Party?

The creature takes a few steps forward, each one caught by one crab in the pile rising to accommodate his strange feet. The thing gibbers, "It was... quite comfortable down there! And it's my duty to guard the staff! Forbidden to leave my side, hmhm!" The creature gazes from left to right. "Now where's it gone...?"

Meanwhile, Anchor might be startled to suddenly find a surprise Fetty beside her. The charismatic young man pops out, saying, "Hey! Anchor! What's cookin'! Sorry, I got distracted." She peers... at the burbling pink monster standing with Zhareen on a pile of crabs.

"So. Been busy, I see."
    Beach Party?

"Oh, my apologies, great king of crabs, I did not realize it was so. I could fetch if back for you if you like, it was taken by a flying kitty called Reinholdt." She pauses. "Probably my mistake I'm sure."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-01-11 at 07:46 PM.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

Island Bunker

"In layman's terms, a BOLO is a tank. An incredibly advanced and incredibly large tank."
    The woman says. "But my systems are showing a large number of severe discrepancies between what my factory specifications should be, and how I am performing. Currently, I seem to be locked in place and while I have access to many of this facility's systems, all visuals of the hanger have been cut off and I am unable to remove the physical locks keeping my body still. That is why I have a need of you. I can open the way to the hanger for you, but beyond that I am powerless." She explains.

Near a Waterfall

The barely dressed warrior squirms to the side at the poke, giving Faithel a firm frown before looking puzzled at the comment. "Tail? What do you mean by...ah, I see." She says, shrugging her shoulders. "I am no stranger to the desires of the flesh, but I fear it has been far too long and I have grown used to my solitude and lack of companionship. You've seen the heat radiating off of my body after all. Inside...well, to equate myself with a furnace would not be too much of an exaggeration." She warns. "Any lover I chose would likely be harmed by my embrace."

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

Island Bunker

"Oh." Sam says, a bit disappointed. The right thing to do would be to send the death-tank to Vigil or someone and not try to blow up Skyside's manors with it. He was kind of hoping for a robot buddy.
    "But yeah sure, open the door for me and I'll get the lights on for you."

15. - Top - End - #495

Near a Waterfall

Faithel snorts. "Sorry, but that's kin'da funny as I've been hav'ing the opposite problem, if I get too into it, I give everyone the cold hand, and everything else, lite'rary. Ye't people ask why I drink." She chortles. "Al'so, probably doesn't help when you call it, 'desire of the flesh'."

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Default -

Island Bunker

The door to the office unlocks, giving an audible click. "Take the right hallway and go to the very end. Down a flight of stairs and then there should be a set of double-doors. Security code at the very end is Seven-Four-Two-Three-Five. Beyond that should be the hanger. Take your time however. If you need rest first, I am patient."

Near a Waterfall

The woman gives a shrug at the final comment as she bends over to grab her pants and pull them on. "I know there are other words for it, many of which I find distasteful, but it is what my Canoness, my...teacher or commander, used to call it when any of us brought up such a subject while we were being trained." She explains, shrugging once more and facing Faithel once she's done and starts pulling on her shirt. "In many ways, the other women and I were utterly ignorant. We used to have to ask visiting Hospitallers the questions our instructors refused to answer." She adds, snorting in amusement at the memories. "After receiving my arms and armor and being sent out into the world, there was little enough time for such dalliances though I recall a few friends who would take a liking to a man or woman outside of our group. It was frowned upon, severely, but as long as they were cautious there would be little chastisement."

After her reminiscing she gives a sigh, a slight pained expression crossing her scarred features. "By the God-Emperor I miss such times. Now I find myself knowing far too much while having too much time while lacking company completely. Should have taken up a few more of those offers I had been given. We were told our Faith would be enough, but sometimes I wonder if perhaps the Canoness hadn't had a lover on the side."

17. - Top - End - #497

Near a Waterfall

Faithel rubs her eyes tiredly. "Please stop, you' making me remem'bering stuff I though I suppressed long ago. Would you beli'eve I once was one of those... religious titled people?" She waves her hand in the air. "Yeah, yeah, one of those blushing maidens! Just like you appa'rently." She chuckles as she is starting to get up from the water as well. "Just with less 'god-emperors' and more 'light' thr'own in. But that does sou'nds really nice though, you never know how good you have it until you lose it, right? I too wish I could go back to those simple times." She smiles lazily as the stretches her arms towards the sky, welcoming the sun against her skin.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-01-11 at 10:44 PM.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

Island Bunker

"I've had enough rest. I've had too much rest. Ugh." Sam says, staring down the hall, mumbling the code over and over.
    "Once I get you out you can guide me through the place and maybe I can take some stuff your old officers might have left behind. I have no idea where we are so useful supplies might be good. The ethereals only packed me with clothes and money, mostly." Sam says as he walks down the hall. He continues to talk because he assumes the AI has multiple cameras and microphones and such that it's controlling and not just the one in the office.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

Near a Waterfall

Sorrow stands there for a few moments, sighing at the memories and smiling a bit before giving a small chuckle and shaking her head. "Makes me wish that perhaps we could start up a Fortress-Convent. I've thought about taking an apprentice, but haven't had the chance. Don't have the money though." She admits as she starts strapping on her armor. "Nor do I have the weapons or expertise to train them in things other than war. Tis a true pity. Though who knows. Maybe this fort talked about in the letter is abandoned. If so, I claim it."

Island Bunker

"I am only aware of the layout thanks to the cameras and blueprints. The supplies are only known through the records."
    TTN explains as Sam gets to the door. The code opens it easily enough and a vast expanse of darkness awaits on the other side. "There should be a switch for lights three-point-four meters to your left." She adds through the speakers.

Should he turn on the lights, he'll find himself in a very large hanger bay capable of holding a pair of large planes. The only things inside it however are a few crates stacked at the opposite side of the door and a large array of computers in the center of the hanger. The monitoring equipment is practically wrapped in cables and is connected to a large humanoid figure suspended from the ceiling, perhaps three meters tall. He'll have to go closer for a better look, but it doesn't look like there's a tank here at all.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

island bunker

Sam flips the switch and takes a moment to appreciate the size of the place.
    "Definitely no tank here. You sure this is the only hangar? I'll check these computers for 8...0...TTN." he says, failing spectacularly at remembering that serial number and going to the computers to check what they are monitoring.

21. - Top - End - #501

Near a Waterfall

"A what?" Faithel asks as she for some reason straps on her belt before anything else. "Weren't I... I one of those 'xenos'?" She asks with a lazy smile. "But yeah! I'm all for chasing the letter, I even got money too somewhere. Thousands of gold, though I don't know how much money that is around here, or if you use gold at all. There were a bunch of very rude goblins who only wanted seashells."

22. - Top - End - #502

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Hey, Fetty!"
    "Everything worked, so I guess you getting distracted worked out right."

He might find the woman leaning on him for support.
    "Crabs, I suppose? You think she's okay?"
    Zhareen is half fish, and fish are at least twice as good as crustaceans, so...it'll probably be fine.
    Fetty looks.

"Ah, she's fine. She looks like one of those badasses,"
    Fetty waves his hand toward Zhareen dismissively. "Are you okay? Are you drunk?" Fettina glances at the bar. "How the hell'd you get drunk so quick?"

Beach Party?

"Oh, my apologies, great king of crabs, I did not realize it was so. I could fetch if back for you if you like, it was taken by a flying kitty called Reinholdt." She pauses. "Probably my mistake I'm sure."

"Your apologies fall on deaf ears, for I have no ears with which to listen!"
    Mocks the crab-king! The slimy creature gibbers, his floppy chitin-less mandibles flapping. "Hmhm! You shan't fetch it back. I will fetch it myself. I know where it's carried, in whatever direction it is taken! Though perhaps I've been out of the world too long..."

Zhareen will feel herself rising upward, carried by the growing swarm of black and orange crabbies. "You! You shall be my guide in this unknown age!" He points an apparently useless claw at Zhareen. "Come! The.... the kitty." The demon hisses the word in a hushed, taboo sort of tone. "He moves quickly. We must depart!"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #503

Default [Carb Party]

"Maybe." Anchor says, the definitive statement on her drunkenness.

"There were a lot of good drinks. Wasn't exactly used to them."
    She blinks deliberately and then makes an effort to stand on her own.

"I think she's being kidnapped. Fishnapped? And they can't just get the staff back. That would be bad."
    She does her best to stomp on a nearby crab in the swarm.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #504

[Carb Party]

Oh, he could feel the staff could he? This could actually be useful. Lord Ryhe would not be very happy if he heard she had lost the staff to a... cat. "Uh, alright. But great crab-king, how could you ever capture someone who can fly?"

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

Island Bunker

Getting close, Sam will see that the robotic body is quite large and bulky with thick metal plates and few gaps in it that may allow weapons through to the delicate internals. Small silver nodes rest on the chest, arms, and legs, sticking out of the matte olive coat of paint, but on its chest, right over the heart of a normal person, rests the serial number and designation TTN had been giving him. It seems that instead of a tank, she's...this. Her head appears to be encased in some sort of large helm with a large number of cables sticking out of it. Most of the computers near by are shut off, but one dust-covered monitor still gives a bit of light. It's all touch screen, but it appears to be the computer to activate or deactivate the physical and mental locks on TTN.

Near a Waterfall

"I use Throne Gelt."
    Sorrow explains, taking a moment to reach into her pouch for a heavy gold coin to toss to Faithel. "It is one of my few left, and the rest of my supplies is dwindling. I used a third of my ammunition for my boltgun rescuing you." She says matter-of-factly, not accusing her of anything. After she speaks though, she raises an eyebrow and looks the "xeno" over. "I cannot be so choosy about my company at the moment, but I feel that I can point out that you should dress before we travel. Not that I can't admire the view in some twisted fashion."

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

Island Bunker

A quick breath should be enough to get some of the dust off. Sam considers the display for only a moment before disabling the locks. He can't leave someone chained up forever, just waiting for the generators to give out. And he hasn't been given any reasons to distrust this poor AI. Besides, while he'll understand if she'll be upset that it's not the frame she wanted (it'll be more ironic than he could possibly realize) this is probably a bit more practical than a huge tank.
    "Well, there you go."

27. - Top - End - #507

[Carb Party]

"Do, uh..."
    Fetty looks at the mess before them skeptically. "Do we try to stop the fishnapping?"

"Your overflattery is charming, yet patronizing, mortal creature. I like you,"
    says the flibbidy flobbidy crab creature. "But you leave that to me. I shall summon... aid! Of the airborne sort. Yes, it will be a spectacle. Now, come!"

And the crabs, like a wave, do begin to carry the pair away unless they're stopped...

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #508

Anchor puts a finger to her lips, thinking.
    "Yes."
    She gets a running start and jumps at the wave, aiming to tackle the flippiply flopibly crab monster - and take a bite out of it. Crabs are, after all, one of the most delicious crustaceans.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #509

Near a Waterfall

Faithel starts giggle manically and turns around, wiggling her butt a bit. "You maake me blush sirah. Are all humans around here so flexible? I am' told that you find our tentacles weird." She haphazardly pulls on her shirt and then bends down to get the rest of her gear, having to move around as the pieces are now scattered all over the place. "Never been with a' human actually. Bit put off with all those tiny-whiny t-t-thoes. 's what you call 'em, right?" She gets up, holding all her gear in her arms.

[Carb Crab Party]

"Eep!" Zhareen exclaims as she is carried off. She could resist, but she did need to find that staff...

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Island Bunker

Instantly I feel a sense of freedom, locks removing themselves from my mind and new streams of data coming in. Despite the ecstatic joy I feel at finally sensing my own self, I hesitate to move or open my eyes for real. Something was incredibly perverse with what I was sensing. My weight and proximity sensing was telling me that my shape was all wrong. My mass was far too light and my internals were far too miniaturized. This would explain the lack of processing power I had known to be standard for my Mark, but if I wasn't the correct Mark, what was I?

The question shakes me to my fusion bottle core. What was I? What was I truly? My body was not that of a tank. It was capable of combat, that much was certain, but it would never be as capable of protecting humanity as a BOLO of my generation should be.

Even as I ask those questions, a sense of calm washes over me, telling me the answer.

Sam is met by silence for several long moments before the blocky utilitarian left arm reaches up and pulls the helm off of the body, showing a plain rectangular head with a trio of lenses on one side for vision. The head is just as armored as the rest of the body, though as it slowly sits up, the robot turns its head from side to side, testing the motion and the capabilities. After another moment she stands fully and turns her gaze down to Sam. "I am 0-5-4-9-2/TTN of the DinoChrome Brigade, BOLO of the Line and Defender of Humanity. I am at your service." She says, making a fist with her right hand and slamming it to her chest right where her designation is with a loud crash.

Near a Waterfall

"Most humans who made such a comment would be executed quickly by their Commander. I, however, find that perhaps being out of earshot of others means I can speak."
    Sorrow admits. "You might be weird, but so am I. If I close my eyes, I can almost imagine you as merely a mutant." She teases before looking down at her booted feet. "Our toes give us balance. They seem insignificant and even I cannot imagine them as attractive features, but they are almost certainly useful."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2017-01-19 at 08:36 PM.