New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World V

"Some of the implications of what was said are entirely too disturbing. One such implication is that Izanagi-dono has taken the Soul King's rightful place in the Realm shortly after the Scarlet Garden incident.

If such a replacement has indeed taken place, it is grave news, and the exact reasons and measure of the process should be known to us all. It IS a grave threat to the Balance.

Unfortunately, the Red Pheasant has refused to speak about it in detail. Or at the very least, when deemed to speak, nothing made sense. Other actions notwithstanding, the enactment of that spell is the foremost reason we clashed."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Combat Division]

For once, Senshi smiles. "Hey, that's why I came here, Captain. And I'll do it again. If I feel the need to. I..." His smile falters. He looks like he's not sure where to from here. "... I suppose that's all I have to say for now. I guess I'll go back to waiting for you to give me that permission to enter the Hellpath." Senshi stands up halfway and then stops. "Errr... permission to leave?"
    Masaru nods with a faint smile.

"Permission granted."
    ================================================== =======
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Some of the implications of what was said are entirely too disturbing. One such implication is that Izanagi-dono has taken the Soul King's rightful place in the Realm shortly after the Scarlet Garden incident.

If such a replacement has indeed taken place, it is grave news, and the exact reasons and measure of the process should be known to us all. It IS a grave threat to the Balance.

Unfortunately, the Red Pheasant has refused to speak about it in detail. Or at the very least, when deemed to speak, nothing made sense. Other actions notwithstanding, the enactment of that spell is the foremost reason we clashed."
    "Izanagi became one with the Soul King. Izanagi did not become the Soul King. It is a subtle, but important distinction. Whatever "plans" he may have had, are null and void. The King's existence continues as it has for centuries. This, I can speak with confidence."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ettin in the Playground

[Combat Division Training Grounds]

It doesn't take long after leaving Masaru's office for Senshi to find himself back in the gym. Hellpath may be out of question for now, but it can't hurt to be prepared, right?

It's much more refreshing now. Easier to stay focused. Having that conversation with Masaru really rolled a stone off his heart. It's good to know his former squad mate and current superior shares at least some of the concerns he has. Good to know there's an open line of communication between grunts like him and the higher ups...

"... but not open enough to talk about me?"

Senshi does his best to ignore the voice from behind his shoulder.

"Why's that, Senshi? It's the same as when you quickened your pace when that big guy claimed you stink like a Hollow" , the voice continues. "What are you afraid of, Senshi? Did the big guy's accusations hit a bit too close to home? Do you feel all you've said of late would sound a tad hypocritical, if it turned out that... you're a Hollow yourself?"

Haha, that would be silly. He's a Shinigami, not a Hollow. That he woke up with a mask on his face was just a coincidence. That said mask was a mirror-image of the unknown killer trapped in his Inner World surely has no connection to anything. Ha ha... ha...

Senshi stops his series of one-finger push-ups and weighed pistol squats, trembling in cold sweat. It has nothing to do with physical extertion. Just this growing sensation of dread.

Senshi closes his eyes and slaps himself across the cheeks a few times. No. Don't let yourself distracted. Just train. Train, so you'll be prepared.

"But you know already why it won't work."

Just train. Harder. Longer. Forget everything but the goal. Senshi takes a few long breaths to calm himself down, finishes his series, and then heads towards the Thousand Deaths. It is said the Hellpath contains elements from all of the courses. Well, if that's the case, he might as well try to clear them all for practice! Now, which ones he hasn't tried yet...?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #904
    Orc in the Playground

"Then I am all the more confused by it." Koutarou muses. "The Red Pheasant's words not only implied that such a substitution took place, but also that there was conspiracy afoot and that you were indeed wise to it, if not participants.

I hate to cast aspersions of lunacy upon one of the Royal Guard, particularly since Eibon's spell to bring Soul Society to the edges of the Royal Realm - assuming that is where it would have ended up - was indeed in place here.

Rin-dono. What do you believe could be accomplished by dislocating Soul Society from its former location to the Royal Realm? I have something of a theory regarding how it relates to Izanagi-dono and Eibon, but it seems entirely too insane to even voice."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #905
    Bugbear in the Playground

"To be blunt, Captain Commander, Wan Li Lin is not a member of the royal guard out of respect for their mental prowess or stability. They are, by choice, a weapon. While this conspiracy would explain an...unusual breach of protocol around Izanagi's arrival, it doesn't matter what the plan was because it failed."

Rin leans back into her seat.

"There are too many unknowns to provide a useful answer to that question. Not the least of which being whether or not this 'conspiracy' had an actual, full understanding of what they could accomplish this way, which I believe can safely be called into question at this point. Ultimately, it matters little. The Soul Society will be present in the Royal Realm for only a few weeks, during which time the Red Pheasant will be under strict observation."
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2018-09-05 at 10:49 AM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Orc in the Playground

"The same could not be said of Eibon, however. And the actions of one Yasunobu Sawada seem to imply some ulterior motive to the sage's actions. We may be able to safely dismiss the notion of a conspiracy as relates to Wan-dono's notion, but there is much regarding Eibon that is shrouded in secrecy.

Either way, it seems that the answers to those questions are no more available to you than they are to me."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"The fact of the matter is, if Eibon, and even Izanagi, had this grand conspiracy, they did not tell either of us. Despite her wisdom, power, and skill, the Yellow Ki-Rin Empress is one of our youngest members, so they may have judged her too "fresh" to approach. As for myself..."

He sighed, and for just a moment he looked his full age.

"I tend to get lost in my work, Commander. The demands upon me mean this is a virtue and not a vice, but it is still the truth. Combine that dedication with the fact that I've never been one to wish to suborn the King's place in reality, and it's not a shocking thought I'd have been excluded. If nothing else, had this conspiracy failed more spectacularly, the consequences of the only person able to forge Soul Cutting Swords being executed would have been...steep. Perhaps another reason I need a worthwhile apprentice, but still."

8. - Top - End - #908
    Orc in the Playground

"That reminds me of something similarly important.

Does the name Shen Yi mean anything to you?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"That reminds me of something similarly important.

Does the name Shen Yi mean anything to you?"
    Masamune closes his eyes, and sighs deeply.

"Failure. He failed me as an apprentice. He failed himself as a man. And I failed him as a teacher. He was to be my successor, but his failures meant he was but a pale shadow of such."

His eyes open into a thoughtful frown.

"Why?"

10. - Top - End - #910
    Orc in the Playground

"Shen Yi was at one point a mastermind behind the criminal element of Soul Society. We were never able to catch him, much as it pains me to admit it.

Following Soul Society's crash into the Mortal Realm, we had lost a sizable piece of territory in Outer Rukon. Combined with the efforts of two of our officers in directly trying to assist with its security, this meant that he and his accomplices were running out of hidey-holes. I think it became clear to him at that point that it was only a matter of time before they were inevitably rooted out. So they came out en masse and requested the use of a Senkaimon in order to reach Earth.

At the time, I weighed the possible collateral damage to Rukon and Seireitei against his request. Officially speaking, they've all been banished. We've been keeping tabs remotely on their group, but as of right now, we honestly have no idea what they're up to.

As a former resident of the Royal Realm, I suspect his status is worth considering. Thing is, we had no way to confirm said status up until now, and we couldn't very well merely send for the answer. One of the issues our lack of communication brought up, I suppose.

I do not think he actually intends to return, whether to Soul Society or to the Royal Realm. But it was a matter worth reporting on, if nothing else."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"That stupid, foolish boy. Feh. Ruled by his emotions, he was. One of the main reasons he was a poor apprentice. I'm not sure simply banishment was the wisest move, but I can understand having to make cold calculus. Here's the problem, though."

He leaned forward.

"He's not the only X-factor on the Mortal World, is he? There's the Ghost King, at the least. And perhaps others we don't even know of. Your strength has grown since then, yes? Why not hunt him? He is dangerous, too dangerous to wander like that, never mind that our kind should not be setting up shop in the Mortal Realm."

He leaned back and took a sip of his tea.

"Take comfort in the assurance he cannot return the the Royal Realm on his own, though. That, we can be assured of."

12. - Top - End - #912
    Orc in the Playground

"We have been looking for his location for some time. The last two times we assailed the Ghost King's forces, we lost quite a few men to the combined efforts of his Knights and an assortment of mortal converts to his Cult of the Trifold Eye. And at one point we had worked under the assumption that terminating the Ghost King would only unleash a significantly larger calamity upon this world, which means we spent some time ensuring that did not happen.

Perhaps more importantly, however, I feel it is time for us to include a different kind of X factor in this equation, one that has been facing battle against mediums bent on our destruction and the Ghost King's forces alike.

I speak of our mortal allies. The same ones that came to us seeking to aid their sickness-stricken companion, infected by the Ghost King's daughter."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Masamune glanced at Rin before speaking.

"I'm a cautious, conservative old man, but compared to allying with an entire city of Hollow-kind it doesn't set my teeth on edge. Can you give us more details about this alliance with Mortals? And just who it is you're allied with?"

14. - Top - End - #914
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rin nods.

"Their power is significant. How do you know they can be trusted?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Orc in the Playground

"For one thing, they stand to lose much - and they have been through quite the ordeal for choosing to ally themselves with us. They also provided the neutral ground for our treaty with Las Noches. We already act in their defense, they have simply chosen to aid us in ours whenever possible.

It is thanks to them that a Quincy organization bent on our destruction has lost their foothold on the Mortal World. I believe they have proven their intentions thus far. But if you like, I could call for the one I had in mind."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I think before arranging a meeting, it would be wise to understand who we are meeting with, and who we are representing, yes? So, beyond these vague generalities of intents and alliances, just what sorts of Mortals are you working with, Commander?"

17. - Top - End - #917
    Orc in the Playground

"That is partly why I want them to work with us. These mortals... they're mostly teenagers. By our recognition, children." Koutarou admits. "And yet they've displayed not only power beyond their youth, but also a keen sense of loyalty and bravery. I think we ought to recognize their efforts. At this point, we can no longer afford to tell them to return home 'for their own safety'. They share a common teacher, one Hasunaga Heiaki, but the man admitted to me he has a difficult time getting them to listen to him.

I have their files here for your perusal. In particular, I think one of them, Kuzunoha Shiki, would be keenly interested in discussing spellcraft with Rin-dono."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I am certainly interested in the files, but I was perhaps unclear. While files on the exceptional individuals would of course be useful, I am looking for your sense of the groups. This is about the collective whole, not just the individuals."

19. - Top - End - #919
    Orc in the Playground

"That is precisely why my first thought was to show you the files.

These individuals all belong to different organizations, when they belong to an organization at all. Such is the nature of mortal Mediums. Many of them are scattered, some are confused about the nature of the spirit world, and yet others are mere potentials, unaware of their abilities from lack of contact with Hollows and Shinigami alike.

Take, for instance, the Akiyama family of Quincies."
    Koutarou notes as he brings up a screen. "Decimated or absorbed in the conflicts leading up to the recent battle with Las Noches. There is one estranged member attempting to patch them together for their own survival, and they're unlikely to want to be involved in more death, but after all this is over, we should at least consider extending them an olive branch.

The estranged member I speak of is actually also a member of the Anderson family, and uncle to one Charles Anderson. One of the Mortals presently in Soul Society. Whom is, in turn, a friend and ally of..."

Another screen flickers on.

"...Tetsuhiko Naito. At LEAST Captain-level power, I could check it with my own eyes. No known affiliation. And...

Click.

"Kuzunoha Shiki XLVIII, leader of the Kuzunoha onmyouji clan. They seem less interested in the fates of human and animal souls - Hollows, in other words - and more interested in dealing with what could best be described as natural mediunic occurrences such as spiritually aware mutated animals.

That's at least three groups in as many mortals that have taken an active role in recent events. The mortals are not as quick to form organizations such as ours. That's why they're more easily approached on an individual basis when at all possible."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I understand that exceptional individuals are worthy of note, but your own information just now gives us 2 Quincy families and a separate family of Mediums. And you mention a Treaty of some kind. Are the signatories of this treaty individuals, or groups and organizations?"

He gave a wry chuckle.

"Perhaps this is part of what makes our perspectives different? I, we, tend to think more in terms of collectives, groups, organizations. You, Ser Commander, seem to think more of individuals. Perhaps the more objective truth is somewhere in between?"

21. - Top - End - #921
    Orc in the Playground

"There is no such thing as a one-man organization. While not everyone holds the same weight or the same level of strength, it is the action of each member that makes an organization what it is.

With the mortals, such relationships become increasingly more complicated. For a while, the Akiyamas thought that Charles Anderson assassinated their matriarch and decimated their numbers. The Kuzunohas themselves hold a number of alliances with spiritual entities we had considered beneath our notice, and yet such alliances enabled them to take on an enemy that had them outnumbered and outgunned, with complete disregard for the secrecy that spiritual matters demand on a level we had not seen since the sixteenth century.

Without the efforts of these extraordinary mortals and the groups they belonged both, I doubt they would have succeeded. I would rather not consider the worst case scenario, but I would be remiss as a member of a military force to think that there is such thing as a perennial ally."

Grim words to be sure. But then, at one point, there was talk of rounding the mortals up and bringing them to concentration camps. While Koutarou is relieved it never came to this, he's not sure it won't come up again. And at one point he might find his hands tied.

For some reason, his thoughts turn to Katsuo. He hopes the boy is okay.

"But I digress. The decentralized nature of the Kuzunoha's organization and the nature of their spells makes them a better support force than a direct combat asset. Similarly, the Andersons are predominantly set in Australia, far from the most likely theater of operations. And the Akiyamas... well, even assuming they rally to a call to arms, which is unlikely, we'd be asking them to involve themselves in our affairs when we did not intervene to discover the truth behind their massacre. We'd be poorly leveraged.

As for your question in regards to the signataries, the treaties were signed by the leaders of such organizations. I understand there have been those that disagreed with the terms and left such organizations as a result."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Fair points, Commander. I was simply seeking to attempt to bridge a perceived gap by explaining where our perspectives seemed to be coming from. Certainly reading up on individuals of note in a group is worthwhile. I simply believe it's also worthwhile to try and understand cultures, traditions, and trends that seem to transcend any one individual.

Now, as for these terms. What did some of them find objectionable? And what proportion of these groups found these things objectionable?
    "

23. - Top - End - #923
    Orc in the Playground

"I understand, Masamune-dono. It should be noted that we don't really have the larger frame of their individual cultures just yet, so we should focus on our past dealings with them. This is especially true of the Quincy, as I understand while sharing some similarities, each family had their own philosophy.

Near as we can tell, those who voiced such objections had issues either with the concept of the treaty or the signataries themselves. As a non-aggression, mutual defense pact, there were those in each organization that simply could not let go of their grudges towards us or Las Noches - or rather Hollowkind in general as they were perceived. Since unlike ourselves these individuals are not part of a military, leaving their groups was always an option.

We don't have the full picture of how large this 'exodus' might have proven to be, but we know for a fact at least some of the Quincy who took this route found themselves later in the rank of Der Zerreißen Himmel Entwicklung, a military collective bent on the genocidal extermination of non-Mortal spiritual entities. They assaulted Las Noches en masse and were soundly defeated, but at no small price.

Sometime before the treaty itself, we lost then Combat Division Kiba-fukutaichou and SSI leader Yasunobu Sawada to similar 'objections', though technically we would consider their actions to be desertion."

[Meanwhile, in Las Noches]

Off in the distance, a detachment of Shinigami numbering no less than 300 steadily approaches the gates of the Hollow city. They come bearing a standard signifying their role as relief aid.

Yes, we know they're long overdue by storytelling standards, but then, it hasn't been THAT long for them.

Leading them is a famously beloved, behatted Captain of the Internal Security division.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #924
    Colossus in the Playground

Las Noches, somewhere between te gate and wherver it is that Numero's stay.

"Ma'am? Should the sudden presence of hundreds of Death Gods be of any concern?"
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I understand, Masamune-dono. It should be noted that we don't really have the larger frame of their individual cultures just yet, so we should focus on our past dealings with them. This is especially true of the Quincy, as I understand while sharing some similarities, each family had their own philosophy.

Near as we can tell, those who voiced such objections had issues either with the concept of the treaty or the signataries themselves. As a non-aggression, mutual defense pact, there were those in each organization that simply could not let go of their grudges towards us or Las Noches - or rather Hollowkind in general as they were perceived. Since unlike ourselves these individuals are not part of a military, leaving their groups was always an option.

We don't have the full picture of how large this 'exodus' might have proven to be, but we know for a fact at least some of the Quincy who took this route found themselves later in the rank of Der Zerreißen Himmel Entwicklung, a military collective bent on the genocidal extermination of non-Mortal spiritual entities. They assaulted Las Noches en masse and were soundly defeated, but at no small price.

Sometime before the treaty itself, we lost then Combat Division Kiba-fukutaichou and SSI leader Yasunobu Sawada to similar 'objections', though technically we would consider their actions to be desertion."
    Masamune closed his eyes in sadness for a moment at the mention of Kiba and Sawada burning their lives.

"So, how are you handling the problems brought by having Quincy actively destroying Hollows?"

================================================== ======

[Meanwhile, in Las Noches]

Off in the distance, a detachment of Shinigami numbering no less than 300 steadily approaches the gates of the Hollow city. They come bearing a standard signifying their role as relief aid.

Yes, we know they're long overdue by storytelling standards, but then, it hasn't been THAT long for them.

Leading them is a famously beloved, behatted Captain of the Internal Security division.
    The gates stay closed, but by the time the Shinigami arrive, the Segunda Espada is standing calmly before the entrance to Las Noches, evaluating the group in front of him.

"Please state your business here, Reaper of Souls, that we may know your purpose."

His voice had a formal edge to it.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Orc in the Playground

[The meeting]

"The solution for that has actually come from their initiative, rather than ours. Through collaborative research with us, the Quincy have developed a new method of forging the crosses they use as a medium for manifesting their bows. This process apparently has no significant impact on their abilities and only require a period of attunement. Those who have adopted these new crosses have taken to calling themselves Reiniger, though I understand there has been a bit of resistance to adopting this new philosophy. Given perhaps a decade or two, I think we should be able to bring them around."

[At the gates of Las Noches]

"Turiel Vulkensen, if I remember correctly? We briefly met before." Setsurou offers with a salute. "We have come to assist you with repairs as well as any medical aid we can render. I apologize for our tardiness."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[The meeting]

"The solution for that has actually come from their initiative, rather than ours. Through collaborative research with us, the Quincy have developed a new method of forging the crosses they use as a medium for manifesting their bows. This process apparently has no significant impact on their abilities and only require a period of attunement. Those who have adopted these new crosses have taken to calling themselves Reiniger, though I understand there has been a bit of resistance to adopting this new philosophy. Given perhaps a decade or two, I think we should be able to bring them around."

"They have forged foci that mimic the function of a Zanpakutou? Fascinating. Do you think the one who is present here in Soul Society would be willing to allow me to examine his focus, this "cross" of his? I would dearly like to see this work."
    ================================================== ===========
    [At the gates of Las Noches]

"Turiel Vulkensen, if I remember correctly? We briefly met before." Setsurou offers with a salute. "We have come to assist you with repairs as well as any medical aid we can render. I apologize for our tardiness."
    Turiel gives a nod and a rather archaic salute back.

"Your purpose is heard and acknowledged. Be ye guests in our home, with all the rights, and responsibilities, this entails."

The eyes of the old Hollow sweep over the assembled group of Shinigami, weighing their measure and worth.

"There are Numeros inside who will direct your people to where they can aid."

28. - Top - End - #928
    Orc in the Playground

[The meeting]

"I understand he's quite exhausted by recent events, but I will be certain to ask him as soon as he's rested. I think we might just have some in stock, though, since it was created in collaboration with us - though they're bound to 'feel' much like Asauchi, as they must bond with their wielders in order for their purpose to be fulfilled." Koutarou notes. He seems rather pleased - not really with himself, if truth be told, but rather that the Quincy need no longer be fought against.

[Las Noches]

"We'll do our absolute best not to overstay our welcome." Setsurou replies. Having been given the opportunity to properly survey the walls for the first time, the Captain is both dismayed and surprised by what he finds. "Are those... warcraft? To think that they adapted mortal military technology to inflict harm on even spiritual beings... What's more, to think they had access to such machines in the first place. It boggles the mind.

What are your plans for such debris?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[The meeting]

"I understand he's quite exhausted by recent events, but I will be certain to ask him as soon as he's rested. I think we might just have some in stock, though, since it was created in collaboration with us - though they're bound to 'feel' much like Asauchi, as they must bond with their wielders in order for their purpose to be fulfilled." Koutarou notes. He seems rather pleased - not really with himself, if truth be told, but rather that the Quincy need no longer be fought against.

"Hm. It is fascinating to me, because I know they aren't using my techniques. Neither of my apprentices knew the full breadth of my secrets. In fact, both only knew the surface level of techniques. Had they attempted to create Asauchi on their own, the twisted things would be completely useless and bear resemblance to real blades only in the fact that they both nominally contain metal and have a blade-like shape."

He scowls.

"And since that gangster of an exiled apprentice went running off to the Mortal World without oversight, it's probably good he knew so little. "

He closed his eyes for a moment, and Koutarou felt a slight stirring of spiritual energy. Then the smith opened his eyes.

"It resonates faintly like an Zanpakutou, but also very differently. I suspect it is due to the nature of their powers. It does please me to hear they are able to send souls to their proper place in the Cycle now. I hope it does not take force of arms to convince the rest to take these means up in due time."
    ================================================== =================
    [Las Noches]

"We'll do our absolute best not to overstay our welcome." Setsurou replies. Having been given the opportunity to properly survey the walls for the first time, the Captain is both dismayed and surprised by what he finds. "Are those... warcraft? To think that they adapted mortal military technology to inflict harm on even spiritual beings... What's more, to think they had access to such machines in the first place. It boggles the mind.

What are your plans for such debris?"
    "Yes, the utilized not only their own innate powers, but various modern or semi-modern ground and air craft designs to assault Las Noches. The utilized a high-powered fuel-air explosive at the opening to the Primera's District, not that he cares over-much; it was a...lawless...place. Some survived. Do not send your people there; we are not responsible for what happens to them.

I do not find the adaptation over-surprising. They are mortals, or at least close to such. Further, many of them in more recent times have manifested their powers as more modern implements of war. For them to take the next step and build such tools, is no real surprise. Their use of enslaved Arrancar was more surprising, but only in that they were able to, not that they did. Mortals are just as capable of atrocity as Shinigami or Hollows, after all.
    "

The giant glanced down at the Captain before contemplating the debris around them.

"The most intact samples will be studied. If you wish to contest our exclusive access, I'm sure we can negotiate something. The rest will be scrapped. I personally hope to sample the lot of them; the planes look delicious."

30. - Top - End - #930
    Orc in the Playground

[The Meeting Room]
    "I find myself marveling at this discovery as well. That they managed to go so far without the quintessential knowledge of Zanpakutou forging... The sad thought being that, if we had only managed such cooperation in the past, we would probably not have had to resort to violence today." It says a lot how wistful Koutarou's eyes get at that mention. Such a waste - such a tragedy, one can read in his expression.

"I am less surprised at their choices than at the actual results. It typically takes hundreds of years for any given spiritual entity to reach such levels of destruction. The Mortals should not be underestimated for their inventiveness - imagine how much more trouble you could have been in with greater numbers of these war machines." Setsurou considers. As befits a man with a tactical mind, he's perused a number of books on modern strategy, much of which covered air superiority - a subject that's not quite as paramount among his spiritual peers as one might think.

"Not so much claims as access to the information one might glean from them, or the ability to research them." Setsurou considers. "Spoils of war in the context of spiritual realms have seldom been an issue, as they typically pertained to structures, not knowledge or technology. So we have little actual precedent for this. Certainly nothing on the terms of the accords I can recall offhand.

We had spent much of our time considering the technological advances of mortals beneath our own. We're not entirely wrong, as many aspects of our scientific advances are centuries or at least decades ahead of them - one needs only ask Takenaka Chouko-taichou - but I find that a foolhardy thought to maintain.

The headache I can almost literally spy in the horizon is that those in our governing body that still consider Las Noches tomorrow's likely foe will be giving us grief over NOT contesting this. In their eyes, it would be tantamount to teaching you Kidou at the very least."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2018-10-07 at 03:25 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show