New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Murder At Hogwarts

At this point, a tall man with greying hair and clear blue eyes strode in, his brow furrowed in concern.
    "I think it's a bit premature to begin casting suspicion at this point, don't you?
    ... Having said that, I also can't say I'm ready to throw my lot in with any of you yet, either."
    Pulling up a chair and placing its back firmly in a corner, he sat down with his arms crossed.
    His eyes slowly scanned the room, lingering on each person present. When he was done, he opened his mouth to speak, but apparently decided against it, focusing his attention on the door.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Just for clarification's sake, we PM AvatarVecna with our actions, correct? And when do we announce them?
    Last edited by Strigon; 2016-11-20 at 02:26 PM.
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

During the night phase, please post your actions in the QuickTopic I sent you. I would prefer that my inbox space was left available for me to be CC'd on PMs between players, and 29 people sending me their actions will fill it up quite quickly (particularly if they make mistakes or change their minds).

- - - Updated - - -

As it has been brought up in a couple places, I'll post this here for everybody to know: you cannot cast the same spell more than twice per night; you can cast as many spells as you have spellbooks, but you can't cast the same spell more than twice per night.

Since everybody can cast every non-special spell, this limit should be high enough that I never have to consider changing it.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

The talking duck waddles around staring at the going-ons of the school. He mutters to himself as he waddles back and forth.
    How can you trust anyone if you can't trust yourself? ((Duck999)) Now, that TBF Programmer, he seems very suspicious. Too willing to help anyone for his own personal gain.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Garraban
    Guest in the Playground

A bald, obese man sits in the corner, shoveling shrimp into his mouth and observing the discussion. Seeing an opportunity to share his opinion (loudly, and through a mouthful of shrimp) he stands up and says I for one trust this Generic-Guy Chap. He seems like an unassuming guy, with an honest face. Then he collapses back into his seat, exhausted from the effort. After finishing his shrimp he begins to wonder what Duck999 would taste like a l' Orange.
    Last edited by Garraban; 2016-11-20 at 05:31 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65

"Bother, bother, bother. This all is going quite badly."

There's not much to that ghost, been teaching for two hundred years, not caring who was in charge, as long as someone was in charge. Now, there's no one in charge, so things are not good.

(igordragonian, Lex-kat)

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Disc Lorde looks up from his steak and kidney pie. He is a man of slightly above average height with straight black hair, green eyes, and a moustache, wearing a nicely pressed plum suit. He quirks an eyebrow at Lexi. "I stole a cake from you? Funny, I don't remember that. Now, in regards to the matter at hand..." He looks around. "Duck999, I'm disappointed in you. Our wizarding society thrives on the exchange of gold, and in the absence of such, other mediums of exchange. And as for deputy, I'm sorry to say that I don't trust any of you lot, so I ask you to vote Disc Lorde for deputy. I promise to uphold our finest traditions of educating young witches and wizards."
    Last edited by Disc Lorde; 2016-11-20 at 05:56 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

The bat pony which had a heavy Russian accent groaned.
    "Vere all my drinks 'ave been gone to?" he muttered
    "And vhy are all of you so noisy? Eh? I bet the 'alf of you are 'alf bloods. Bah! Tfu!". Professor Igor Dragonin talked with his usual charm and kindness.
    I think that Sniccups is responsible for my hiccups. I hope Lex-Kat will do something about it- since I am too tired for this goblin crap."

OOC: random random
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Death
    Show
    Generic-Guy - 1
    TBFProgrammer - 2
    Duck999 - 3
    Disc Lorde - 2
    The Phantom - 1
    ImperatorV - 1
    igordragonian - 1
    Sniccups - 1

Spoiler: Deputy
    Show
    Black Socks - 2
    Kish - 2
    Generic-Guy - 2
    Lex-Kat - 3
    thematthew - 1
    Duck999 - 1
    Disc Lorde - 1

A young man sits next to a Wizard's Chess board and mumbles to himself as he moves the pieces around, resetting the board. He seats himself on one side of the board and stares around the room, looking for a challenger. "Trust the man, not the money," he whispers to the room. "A man without conviction is spent just as easily as the coin that changes his loyalties." The man's eyes rest on Disc Lorde, awaiting a response. "Kish always led with his mind, not his gold."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Going to vote for Anonymouswizard due to random chance, and Kish for the same reason.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

A corpulent, albeit stately gentleman puffed on his pipe, blowing out a green dragon with a few adept puffs of bearded lips- a dragon that itself blew a gout of smoke before dissipating into the open air.

In a voice as rich as the velvet of his robes, tinted with a hint of German accenting, the good Fenway Moss spoke out to the room at large. "All this talk of loyalties... All we need do is roust out these blaggards that felled our Lord, let him claim whichever body he so desires, and we can get back to educating our students on how to undo the damage those dummkopf muggles have done to our dear world with their unfettered..." His face twitched, remaining somewhat jovial but with a hint of the disdain that nearly echoed in his next word. "...advancement."

Returning to his previous demeanour, he walked over and clapped Lex(-cat)i on her completely non-winged back. "No doubt you'd agree, my dear?"

He coughed vaguely at the young man next to the chess set, seating himself opposite him. "Do try and restrain yourself from outbursts, my good fellow. That sort of impatience, that rush into judgement will bring your downfall in this game we're about to play- no matter how suspicious that Disc Lorde may be."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Flatfoot- you're on, mate. Chess me up.
    Deputy Vote- Bandwagon that Lexi
    Death Vote- Disc Lorde, due to the fact that he doesn't understand the wizarding economy in the slightest.
    Last edited by Eternis; 2016-11-20 at 08:14 PM.
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

11. - Top - End - #71

Strigon's gaze turned to the man toying with the chess set.
    "It's true, without convictions one's allies and enemies are never set in stone."

He was speaking quite deliberately, taking care never to slur; it was as if every syllable and its inflection were carefully chosen long before he spoke.

"But really, just having something to fight for hardly makes you reliable. If you need proof, just look at old Severus; he was loyal to one person, and one person only. By the end, he was... what, a triple agent? Quadruple?" A wry smile crossed his lips at this point.

Taking one last survey of the room, he got up from his seat and walked over to flatfooted.

"Now, the ones who only care about money, they're the ones you can count on. Even if you can only count on them to be your enemy, I still consider that a step above an uncertain friend. If you're the richest man in the room, they're your allies. If not, they're a potential enemy. As long as you keep them well-paid, you can rest assured of their help. Loyalty like that is rare, indeed."

Arriving at the table, he found himself cut off by another man who had just interrupted him.

Serves me right for monologuing like that, now doesn't it? He muttered to himself, leaning against the wall to watch the two players.
    Last edited by Strigon; 2016-11-20 at 08:15 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Spoiler: OOC @Strigon
    Show
    ((Doubleninja'd you, strigon, I'm afraid :P))
    Last edited by Eternis; 2016-11-20 at 08:19 PM.
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Show

Show

You're a perfect person.

13. - Top - End - #73

Spoiler: OOC @ Eternis
    Show
    Not only did you ninja me, you ninja'd me about ninja'ing me; I was in the middle of my edit when you posted that!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

A new young professor stares at the message. Well... that's certainly not good. And just when classes were settling down, too.

She looks around. Hang on, since when do we have this many professors in this school? I don't remember seeing that Phantom here before... As for deputy, that entirely wingless Lex-Kat seems like a good choice..

(Random, and random between Kish and Lex since they seem to be the two main choices.)
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Eternis
    Show
    You're white, you go first.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Master Disc Lorde, always a pleasure doing business with you."
    The BareFoot Programmer

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

"King's Pawn, if you'd kindly move to e4 to begin the game?" The pawn nods, moving to the designated position.
    Show
    Generation 4
    Degeneration 92
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Show

Show

You're a perfect person.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

((Sorry about the lack of RP, will try to make it up later. TBF, Kish for now. ))

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalPanic View Post
    Going to vote for Anonymouswizard due to random chance, and Kish for the same reason.
    I find it really rather suspicious that you'd have 'random chance' pick as Deputy the exact same person as the player above you, not long after his post, OrbitalPanic.

Actually random Deputy vote for Eternis.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

(Sorry, no time to RP now, hopefully later. Question: how are ties resolved?)

Vote tallies:

Lynchee:

Duck999: 3 (Anonymouswizard, Garraban, Disc Lorde)
    Disc Lorde: 3 (Lex-Kat, flatfooted, Eternis)
    TBFProgrammer: 3 (Gray Death, Duck999, Thematthew)
    ThePhantom: 2 (Ramsus, Elenna)
    GenericGuy: 1 (Black Socks)
    ImperatorV: 1 (Tanar Aerdoth)
    igordragonian: 1 (ThePhantom)
    Sniccups: 1 (igordragonian)
    Anonymouswizard: 1 (OrbitalPanic)
    OrbitalPanic: 1 (Murska)

Deputy:

Lex-Kat: 5 (Ramsus, ThePhantom, igordragonian, Eternis, Elenna)
    Kish: 4 (Gray Death, flatfooted, OrbitalPanic, Thematthew)
    Black Socks: 2 (Black Socks, Lex-Kat)
    Generic-Guy: 2 (Anonymouswizard, Garraban)
    Disc Lorde: 2 (Disc Lorde, TBFProgrammer)
    Thematthew: 1 (Tanar Aerdoth)
    Duck999: 1 (Duck999)
    Eternis: 1 (Murska)

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Too tired to rp tonight. Lex-katThePhantom
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

With a bemused look in his seagreen eyes GrayDeath followed the starting chess tournament, might prove interesting, from time to time at least. The rest of his efforts were spent watching every Wizard in the room (damn how many were there any way? ) ma´king various kinds of fools of themselves.
    At least his only folly at the moment was the fact he still tried too hard to seem moderately evil.
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

23. - Top - End - #83
    Colossus in the Playground

A plump, aged wizard in a grey robe squints at the others through a thick pair of glasses, before finally saying, "Hrm. I find TBFProgrammer's naked self-interest suspicious, or at best unreliable. If we're choosing a deputy, I feel willing to count on thematthew."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

d6 Re: Murder At Hogwarts

Xihirli, the drow witch of ultimate legend, destined to kill the wizard Steve in the darkest hour (here referring to "during a cloudy night") of sometime in January, maybe? slammed her book about teleporting cute bunnies into rattlesnake holes onto the desk before angrily declaring,
    "Have we forgotten that time that... um... Garraban did that... that thing? And we were all saved by... um... Lex-Kat? Because I sure have."
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

The young nameless wizard looks up from the book on algebra that he was just reading.

'Can we please keep the discussion civil? It'll do nothing for our reasoning if we all get mad. It's hard enough trying to understand this Arithmancy without everyone slamming books against tables and dragging personal agendas into the meeting.'
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

26. - Top - End - #86

Strigon looked up from the chess game.
    "The greatest wizard in the world - the one who has effectively dictated the last 50 years of Wizarding history, and the one to whom we all swore allegiance - was killed in this very castle, and one of us did the deed. Surely you can put down your math homework until it's settled?"
    He gave the wizard a gaze that seemed to imply "He needs to sort out his priorities", before turning his head back to the board.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

"Votes for sale!" a voice called through the hall, attracting attention. One of the professors had set up a wooden stand, with a sign nailed the top labeled "Lackey, 25 knuts".

Inwardly, the professor marveled at the brilliance of his own plan: with the rest of the sheep in disarray following their lords' demise, he could swoop in and lay claim to a great deal of magical power, if he could just keep everybody on their toes a bit. 'My brilliant plan cannot fail!' was the second-to-last thing that went through his head.

Lexi lowered her wand. "Until this mess gets sorted out, I think I'll take up deputy." A murmur of agreement swept through the crowd; Lexi nodded in satisfaction and proceeded to loot the body.

Meeting One Results

Lynch: TBFProgrammer
    Deputy: Lex-Kat

Night One begins now. It will end in ~48 hours.

TBFProgrammer, would you like to be an auto-lynch replacement?
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2016-11-21 at 04:07 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Am I misreading, or did the meeting phase end about 11 hours before it was scheduled to?

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Spoiler: OOC @ Disc Lorde
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Meeting One begins now. It will end somewhere 30-42 hours from now.

Future phases will be the originally-stated 48 hours, this one's a bit short to align better with my time zone than the 2am local time it is right now for me.
    I think that's what you missed.

*Loud snores come from the comfy chair next to the chessboard, where Fenway had fallen asleep.*
    Last edited by Eternis; 2016-11-21 at 05:04 PM.
    Show
    Generation 4
    Degeneration 92
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Show

Show

You're a perfect person.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Disc Lorde View Post
    Am I misreading, or did the meeting phase end about 11 hours before it was scheduled to?
    Most phases will be 48 hours, but I made a special note for Meeting Phase One because it began at what is (in my local time) 2am, and I don't wanna dedicate myself to being up at 2am every other night for the next however many days this game lasts, even if that just turns out to be a week. So this phase, as was mentioned in the note for the first Game post, was going to be somewhere between 30 and 42 hours, putting the new "Phase Ends" time right around noon local time for me, which works better for my schedule.

My Homebrew