New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Simple RAW for Pathfinder Thread V: Golarion Strikes Back

A415: Generally yes - however the following bonuses usually do not apply to CMD: Armor, shield and natural (similar to how they don't apply to touch AC.)

edit to fix numbering
    Last edited by Psyren; 2018-03-05 at 12:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q 416

When a spell says it suppresses a condition, such as remove fear suppressing fear effects, does that spell also protect against further applications of that effect.

For example if an unchained rogue with the thug archetype were to use intimidate to frighten a creature for 2 rounds, then have remove fear cast on that same creature, would that remove fear suppress further uses of intimidate?
    Last edited by Zsaber0; 2018-03-05 at 12:47 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

A 416

Usually, yes.

Remove Fear, however, explicitly only suppresses an effect that existed when receiving the spell (further uses of Intimidate are resisted with a +4 bonus though)

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Q 417

A followup to Qs 415 & 408

Is there a white list of things that affect CMB/CMD? If yes, where can I find such a list

5. - Top - End - #1145

A417: I don't remember off the top of my head if it is 100% comprehensive, but I would start with the "Combat Maneuvers" page on the PFSRD, and return if you have any questions.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 418 Can a Mutagenic Mauler or Mutation Warrior take Extra Discovery once they've received their first Discoveries? The Mauler seems out of luck, since it's part of Mutagen and not a distinct feature, but the Mutation Warrior has a more focused Discovery feature that seems to qualify.
    Last edited by Cieyrin; 2018-03-06 at 10:46 AM.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Q 418 Can a Mutagenic Mauler or Mutation Warrior take Extra Discovery once they've received their first Discoveries? The Mauler seems out of luck, since it's part of Mutagen and not a distinct feature, but the Mutation Warrior has a more focused Discovery feature that seems to qualify.
    A 418: Both don't qualify. You must either have the same exact class feature that qualifies for an "Extra" feat, or have an archetype and class feature that expressively allows for taking an "Extra" feat.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Bugbear in the Playground

A 418: Neither qualify, as neither archetype gain the discovery class feature. They both gain other class features with other names which happen to grant access to a limited list of discoveries, but that's not the same thing.

Generally speaking, a class feature counts as another differently named class feature for the purpose of meeting prerequisites only if it explicitly says so (see for example rage and bloodrage).

EDIT: I've apparently been reduced to being Florian's echo... /EDIT
    Last edited by upho; 2018-03-06 at 11:15 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 419: Can you make iterative attacks while wielding a rope dart without needing to draw another? Or is it a move action to bring it back to you?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Q 419: Can you make iterative attacks while wielding a rope dart without needing to draw another? Or is it a move action to bring it back to you?
    A 419

Ask your DM. There's no mention of what action a "quick tug of the rope" is

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    A 419

Well darn...
    As it happens I am the GM in this case... ^_^;
    Do you think it would be too unrealistic for me to let an npc retrieve them fast enough for full attacks and two weapon fighting and such?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ettin in the Playground

Well darn...
    Do you think it would be too unrealistic for me to let an npc retrieve them fast enough for full attacks and two weapon fighting and such?
    Sadly, the description for Rope Darts doesn't seem to match the stats, as I have no idea how it has a 20' range increment but a 12 foot rope that you can tug it back with if you target something outside 10' away, since as a thrown weapon, it can be thrown as far as 100' away.
    In any case, one solution for a full attack with Rope Darts would be to use Ricochet Toss, as unlike Returning weapons, they come back to the hand immediately after the attack, so you can full attack with the same thrown weapon in the same round.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

13. - Top - End - #1153

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    A 419

Well darn...
    A419 addendum: Given that it is a monk weapon (i.e. usable with flurry), I would presume that the intent was for you to be able to full-attack with it. Otherwise, giving it that property serves absolutely no purpose.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    A419 addendum: Given that it is a monk weapon (i.e. usable with flurry), I would presume that the intent was for you to be able to full-attack with it. Otherwise, giving it that property serves absolutely no purpose.
    Shuriken are also thrown monk weapons of the same idea, but the rope dart really seems like it should have been a reach weapon and not a thrown weapon.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

15. - Top - End - #1155

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Shuriken are also thrown monk weapons of the same idea, but the rope dart really seems like it should have been a reach weapon and not a thrown weapon.
    Sure but that's besides the point. I'm talking about the fact that they clearly intended you to be able to full-attack with it, no matter what form that full-attack actually takes.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Banned

Goblin

Q420

12th level Eldritch Scion Magus with Infernal Bloodline can bestow Flaming Burst on a weapon. If a Magus is using a weapon with a Corossive property, can he bestow Flaming Burst on it and make it stack with Corossive property or do the normal rules that you can have only one of those enchancments at the time still apply?

A420A - If Mgus do bestow either one or both of those properties on a weapon, will the damage stack with a Shocking Grasp delivered through Spellstrike abbility?

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ettin in the Playground

A 420 None of the energy weapon special abilities conflict with each other or with other energy damage effects. You can totally have a +1 corrosive flaming burst weapon and Spellstrike with Frostbite with no problem. It's the Magus way.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Q421
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/a...eousVigor.html
    Does the temporary hp from the spell get replenished?
    I know rules say they get lost first, but assuming I get 20 tempHp, and I lose them... would subsequent attacks replenish those Hp?
    Can you provide some official source?

19. - Top - End - #1159

A421: The 20 THP is not a hard limit from the spell, rather it represents the maximum you can have at any given time. If you lose your 20 but the spell is still active, then you currently have zero THP, and can begin stacking more (up to the cap of 20) again.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ettin in the Playground

Q422: How do Smite Impudence (Su), Ambitious Bond (Sp), and Aura of Belief (Su) function if invoking a Psychopomp?
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2018-03-13 at 03:43 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1161

A422a: Smite Impudence has three outcomes: no effect (if the target shares your outsider's alignment), normal (if the target is a different alignment from your outsider) and enhanced (if the target is opposite your outsider's alignment AND is also a dragon, outsider, or divine spellcaster themselves.) As Psychopomps are TN, you can only invoke one if your Insinuator is NE, and TN has no opposite, so you will either get the "normal" or "no effect" results.

A422b: Ambitious Bond functions like Fiendish Boon. This either gives you (i) a bonded weapon (with no corresponding alignment ability to bind first since your outsider is TN, so you would just ignore that sentence), or it gives you (ii) an outsider servant, which must be summonable by Summon Monster 3+ and match your outsider's alignment (still TN). Right off the bat you'd probably get a Nosoi Psychopomp.

A422c: As your outsider matches none of the listed options, Aura of Belief would do nothing at all.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Q423

A regular player of mine wants to change a bloodline power with a bloodline mutation.

Whenever a bloodrager or a sorcerer gains a new bloodline power, she can swap her bloodline power for a bloodline mutation whose prerequisites she meets.
    But Retraining in UC says "Sorcerer: Retrain your bloodline." There's no "Retrain only a single bloodline power", right?

Is it possible to retrain a single bloodline power? Should the player retrain the whole bloodline with the very same bloodline only to gain the mutation?
    But the strong man is stronger when alone.

23. - Top - End - #1163

A423: As written, the time cost of changing a bloodline is measured by the bloodline powers and other features you lose. So if you're just swapping out a single power and keeping the rest the same, those other powers are not actually "lost" and shouldn't factor into the total time/cost.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ettin in the Playground

Q424

Does a character with a Dex penalty lose that penalty when being flanked or subjected to a sneak attack?

25. - Top - End - #1165

A424: No - flanking is a bonus given to your attackers rather than anything applied to you, and sneak attack doesn't interact with your bonuses or penalties at all.

If your actual question is "does being flat-footed while at negative Dex mod mean you actually gain Dex" the answer to that is no too - you lose your bonus, not your whole modifier, and a penalty is not a bonus.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Q425

A. 'bout Acrobatics and movement. Can you split your turn into two move actions and apply the reduction of speed (Acrobatics to move through threatened squares) only on a single of those two move actions?

B. If you move through an enemy, do you roll two Acrobatics? One for the threatened area and one for the enemy itself?
    Last edited by Fenryr; 2018-03-17 at 10:46 PM.
    But the strong man is stronger when alone.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Bugbear in the Playground

Q 425 A: Yes, since you're actually taking two separate move actions, not a single full-round action (that would be the Run action). But of course, successfully using Acrobatics during the first move action doesn't mean you can move without provoking during the second move if you're still in a threatened area.

Q 425 B: Yes, since you're attempting to negate two separate AoO triggers; (1) leaving a threatened space, and (2) entering an enemy's space. Note also that in case (2) the Acrobatics skill check DC is 5 higher than in case (1), and that if the first attempted check fails and an AoO is provoked, failing on the second check won't provoke unless the enemy has Combat Reflexes.
    Last edited by upho; 2018-03-18 at 04:43 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ettin in the Playground

Apparently, I'm having Bloodrager Archetype Question Day...

Q 426 What abilities do Id Ragers get from Atavistic Avatar? Just the special abilities from their Emotional Focus?

Q 427 Do Prowlers at World's End have a Spirit Bonus or do they just get Spirit Powers based on their level?

Q 428 Are Steelbloods proficient in anything besides heavy armor?

Q 429 Does Steelblood Armor Training let them move at normal speed like Fighter Armor Training, provided they have enough advances of the ability?
    Last edited by Cieyrin; 2018-03-19 at 03:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

A 428 Well, the intent is obvious, but as written...yeah. Kinda looks like he ONLY has Heavy Prof, no Light, no Medium, no shields even.

A 429 Does not get the extra('normal') movement speed. Wording is near identical to Gun Tank, which also doesn't get the 'movement' (but does say takes 'best of either' ability).
    But Armored Battlemage just says 'works like the Fighter ability' and leaves it at that, so they DO get 'movement'

Note that Steelbloods get Armored Swiftness at level 2, which negates some/all of the movement penalty already.
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 430: Do you need line of sight or effect to command undead?
    Path of the Nefarious: A Way of the Wicked Journal.
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.
    http://d20evil.blogspot.com/