New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051
Results 1,501 to 1,514 of 1514
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper VIII: Whale-ever

Got a new phone (in part because I was sick of ffrking on my computer, in part because my old flip phone wasn't receiving texts properly), and broke it in with a blm draw.

rinoa's magic overstrike, emperor's wind bsb (!), vivi's fire bsb, and Krile's Sheepsong (Like Ramza's shout, for magic!!!!!!).

...I think my mage viability just jumped, guys.

Edit: Krile and Exdeath keep fighting for my V team mage spot. Exdeath has the Runic and access to protega/shellga (or full on healing support if needed), with Power of the Void for damage, and aoe magic up med and res up small. Krile has Sheepsong for Magic up Med, Haste, and major regen, and Tomorrow's promise for En-fire fire damage BSB.

They just keep trying to fight each other for that spot.

...Sheepsong and Power of the Void don't stack their Magic up for the party, right? That'd be silly, right? Cause if they do, um, I think my mage viability just jumped, guys.
    Last edited by huttj509; 2017-06-01 at 02:55 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh they do stack. Power of the Void is a Mag/Res boost. Sheepsong is a pure Mag boost. They stack *very* well together.

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    Edit: Krile and Exdeath keep fighting for my V team mage spot. Exdeath has the Runic and access to protega/shellga (or full on healing support if needed), with Power of the Void for damage, and aoe magic up med and res up small. Krile has Sheepsong for Magic up Med, Haste, and major regen, and Tomorrow's promise for En-fire fire damage BSB.

They just keep trying to fight each other for that spot.

...Sheepsong and Power of the Void don't stack their Magic up for the party, right? That'd be silly, right? Cause if they do, um, I think my mage viability just jumped, guys.
    As Maryring said - yes, they do stack. Sheepsong is +MAG, while Power of the Void is +MAG/RES, so they both stack. Now, here's the deal - ¿por qué no los dos?

As you probably noticed, they're great for Mage Meta, in particular because Exdeath can go Dark Mage and use Grand Cross to absorb magic attacks directed at him, while Krile uses her Burst, therefore giving her solid damage potential while also reducing its dependency on slots. IF you can find a way to work 2 bars, you could have Exdeath do major damage while Krile powers up to her BSB (in short - Full Throttle on the future, or turn Faris/desired supporter into an Entrust battery), and then have Krile provide one half of ProShellga (your healer provides the other half, naturally). While that means less physical power overall, you probably don't need it at all when you combine that Fire and Dark damage (or weakness exploit, honestly). Krile will be better if the enemy is resistant, immune, or absorbs Dark (Power of the Void might help, but not much), while Exdeath will be better if the enemy is resistant, immune or absorbs Fire. Those are your standards.

On other topics - we've passed the 50 page mark. I'll do the current tally, and if you think the votes are enough, we can choose the next thread creator and migrate:

Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: I want to be your whale!:
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: How do you prove you're a whale? Maybe we're not whales...: |
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Floating zombie whales, huh?:
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Indeed we are Whales! Whales are we indeed!:
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: You Don't Need a Reason to Whale:
    FFRK IX: Having Sworn to Whale, Must I Spend My Life in Debt?: |
    FFRK IX: To Be a Whale is Worse than Death:
    FFRK IX: I Whale What I Want! You Have Problem!?: |
    FFRK IX: I Don't Wanna Whale Anymore...: |
    FFRK IX: Loss of Me-thril:
    FFRK IX: You're Not Alone... Just Broke:
    FFRK IX: Mist Opportunities:
    FFRK IX: The Vivi Section (okay this is getting a little weird):
    FFRK IX: I... so happy:|
    FFRK IX: Greetings from Esto Gacha:
    FFRK IX: Gizamaluke's Gacha:
    FFRK IX: Final Bosses Outta Nowhere:
    FFRK IX: Giant Space Whale From Nowhere: |
    FFRK IX: Bugs mean I get more Mythril.:
    FFRK: No Apocalypse!Cloud, no Ultimate++!Squall shall hinder us!:
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Ooh... whale.:
    FFRK IX: Worst in the whole whalin' series:

There's a tie, though I could swear I saw someone voting for all the titles that said "whale", in which case the draw would be smaller. Anyways - keep sending your votes, or else I'll pull off a Morbis and snatch the thread creation. With whatever title I choose.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Ogre in the Playground

That was me. So if I have to pick between those that got a whale title and some votes I think... my vote goes for "I whale what I want".

5. - Top - End - #1505
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it bad that i want "Ooh... Whale" just because the image of Zidane bumping his head on GarnetDagger's Softwallet while climbing up a ladder makes me giggle?

6. - Top - End - #1506
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll throw my vote in for Having Sworn To Whale...
    Merlin the Tuna

7. - Top - End - #1507
    Ettin in the Playground

So, decided to go through the Support and White Mage lucky draw banners, to see how many of each I had. 13/64 for the WHM, or a 1 in 5(20%!) chance of pulling a dupe. So that's out, but I only had a handful out of the Support(already forgot the # I had, but it was a 1 in 8 chance, so 12% of pulling a dupe). Soooo, I think I'm going to pull on it after-all, that's more then an acceptable level of risk. Here's hoping I don't regret it!

Edit: And the verdict is: 2/11 rainbows, which is pretty much my typical luck. Let's see what they are(No discos balls, le'sigh): Well, no dupes. A harp for Edward(Soul Harp, ssb). Lowers casting time for three turns, and increased mnd/mag a moderate amount. Seems like that might stack with a few of my other mag buffs, so at least useful in that sense. The other is Radiant Lance, BSSB for Gordon, AND IT'S A LAST STAND EFFECT! HUZZAH! Finally, a last stand effect, that is tremendous, even if it's not for a character I know much about, he'll definitely be being egged up to 80 real quick now, that will make certain fights in the future a lot more bearable!

To avoid a double post, erased my last post, putting it here:

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin the Tuna View Post
    I'll throw my vote in for Having Sworn To Whale...
    I'll go for that one as well. Was going to vote for Spaces whales from nowhere, but that'd just put us back into a tie, so Having Sworn To Whale works for me :)
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2017-06-02 at 04:50 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1508
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'm also going for "Having sworn to whale...", as it was amusing too, and we can move on to the next thread.

Pulled on Support LD, got 1/11, and it was Red XIII's SSB 1 - my very first SSB relic back then. If only it was his SSB2...

Then did BM LD, went 2/11 - Strago's Mighty Guard and Exdeath's Enuo Scourge. That's actually a pretty good pull. Both are Stacking RES buffs, and it would let me put Penelo's dancer skills to great use along with OK's Burst and Braska's Mage Shout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

9. - Top - End - #1509
    Troll in the Playground

Well, let's call it a wrap. There's a given option that's a clear favorite...

FFRK IX: Having Sworn to Whale, Must I Spend My Life in Debt?: ||||
    FFRK IX: I Whale What I Want! You Have Problem!?: ||
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: How do you prove you're a whale? Maybe we're not whales...: |
    FFRK IX: I Don't Wanna Whale Anymore...: |
    FFRK IX: I... so happy:|
    FFRK IX: Giant Space Whale From Nowhere: |
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Ooh... whale.: |

...which means Red Fel should create the next thread! He has one day to post it, or I'll usurp it, while using the preferred option.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

10. - Top - End - #1510
    Ettin in the Playground

Can someone please explain to me what is happening in-game? All of a sudden I have access to an FFT event, that I apparently have all completed up till the last dungeon before the bonus stuff starts(+/++/+++/U/U+/U++). Is kinda weird, when did it show up, and why did it show up half completed? Not that I'm complaining or anything, free orbs and free skills and stuff is always nice, just found it to be kinda odd.

11. - Top - End - #1511
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Can someone please explain to me what is happening in-game? All of a sudden I have access to an FFT event, that I apparently have all completed up till the last dungeon before the bonus stuff starts(+/++/+++/U/U+/U++). Is kinda weird, when did it show up, and why did it show up half completed? Not that I'm complaining or anything, free orbs and free skills and stuff is always nice, just found it to be kinda odd.
    It's a re-release of an event of 2-3 weeks ago. Some people sent e-mails to Customer Support because they couldn't get in-game during the weeks where the XI and FFT events happened (there was a multiplayer campaign during that period). Not sure if it was because of an update or something, but they had no access to those events. To compensate, DeNA gave 15 Mythril and allowed the re-release of those events for those who couldn't complete it.

Having it open to bonus battles either means you completed it up to that date and forgot, or they actually opened it up to that point so you could complete it faster.
    On Lawful Good:

12. - Top - End - #1512
    Ogre in the Playground

can't say what's going on but orbs are orbs and i had missed out on completing this event the first time around, so no complaints from me.

Also did my white mage lucky draw. 5/11, 2 dupes.

New stuff:
    Yuna's Full Metal Staff - well it's a resistance boost and some damage.
    Ovelia's Lambent hat - SCORE! ProShellga with HP stock, granting me a medica for a realm I didn't have one!
    Selphie's Crescent Wish -YOOOOOOO I've been itching to get a native FFVIII medica for a year now. May finally try to CM that fight with this MBlink baby.

Dupes are Beatrix's Force Shield and Arc's White Mage Robe. Both are items are sitting 3 copies of each.

Beatrix's shield I can safely fuse I've got plenty of other natural 5 armours for that realm. And it's godly 8star shield. I can get Beatrix to have over 500def. I can't even...

Arc's robes are, however, part of my limited FFIII armoury and without the three of them my choices would be a bit more limited so it will stay unfused for now.

13. - Top - End - #1513
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    ...which means Red Fel should create the next thread! He has one day to post it, or I'll usurp it, while using the preferred option.
    Usurp away. Red Fel is a lazy, but benevolent (ha!) dictator.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

14. - Top - End - #1514
    Troll in the Playground

Time to begin migration.

We give a fond farewell to this thread, which saw the celebration of the game's 2nd Anniversary, and hope you meet us in the new thread, in preparation for ExtremeFest.

Excuses for the delay, but I had to go to a surgeon for a minor procedure, which basically disabled me for most of the day. Fortunately, I feel well enough to post the thread; else, I'd have insisted Fel on doing it.

Also - that sets me one step closer to meeting DiscipleOfBob's record of threads started! Yay!
    On Lawful Good: