New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 19: Patches In All The Wrong Places

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    Didn't check them all, but this looks like a nice resource for cheap, effective decks for all classes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone..._ungoro_decks/
    I feel like some of those are hamstringing a person just to avoid anything higher rarity. Like, if you're going to play that druid deck, craft the 2 living mana that ought to be in there. It will add more than 10% to the deck's win rate. And yes, that's 2 epics and maybe a ftp player just doesn't have the dust in which case they can make do, but I think a couple epics in some of those decks will pay themselves back in wins if you play the deck for more than a week.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Did pretty decently with Priest in the Tavern Brawl, due to picking up a "play Priest cards" quest. Dropped a game against a Warlock, who never gave me a chance to stabilize, but won the rest. Mostly by the enemy conceding. Priest is just that kind of class, given the card pool restrictions.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Finally drew a legendary this expansión, the priest quest and crafted an n'zoth to Go with it. Mostly running it in wild but I would like to see what lists, if any. The playground runs in standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Troll in the Playground

Grats on the legendary! My first three, non-ONiK, legendaries, up to this point:

1: Hunter's quest.
    2: Don Han'cho - that one is not so bad, but it feels sorta awkward alongside Vinecleaver in my low-curve aggro paladin deck. The only MSOG packs I got were from Arena, so not bad at all.
    3: Lorewalker Cho, unpacked yesterday.

I really just wanted a Thalnos...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Grats on the legendary! My first three, non-ONiK, legendaries, up to this point:

1: Hunter's quest.
    2: Don Han'cho - that one is not so bad, but it feels sorta awkward alongside Vinecleaver in my low-curve aggro paladin deck. The only MSOG packs I got were from Arena, so not bad at all.
    3: Lorewalker Cho, unpacked yesterday.

I really just wanted a Thalnos...
    That's kind of harsh, all 3 of those are pretty much instant dust if you have a small collection...

I remember being actually lucky with my first legendary being Cairne, who was a super top tier card back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Titan in the Playground

First legendary I got was Ysera, and I opened Tirion not long after that. I'm still missing a couple classic legendaries, but mostly just ones like Cho. Fun, but not essential by any standards.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I think my first Legendary was Thermaplugg. I got him within the first two weeks of starting the game as a F2P, so he was probably the first. I did try to slip him into my decks as an endgame threat for a while, but...yeah. He's not in my collection anymore so I probably dusted him when I started trying to be at least halfway competitive.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ogre in the Playground

My first was a golden ysera, made my day.
    Got most of the useful classics by now, can't bring myself to craft bloodmage though, he's just so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Bugbear in the Playground

My first was Antonidas, definitely can't complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby Frost
    `This is just the beginning, Citizens! Today we have boiled a pot who's steam shall be seen across the entire galaxy. The Tea Must Flow, and it shall! The banner of the British Space Empire will be unfurled across a thousand worlds, carried forth by the citizens of Urn, and before them the Tea shall flow like a steaming brown river of shi-*cough*- shimmering moral fibre!`

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ettin in the Playground

My first legendary, really early on, was golden Tirion.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Titan in the Playground

My first legendary, way back in the beta, was Onyxia, who was a pretty darn good pull at the time. She was never quite good enough for a true competitive deck, just because Ragnaros and Ysera existed and were the king and queen of cost 8+ minions, but she was close enough that running her until I got them made my decks a lot better than they were before I got her.

And incidentally, I think I'm finally ready to jump back into things, so I did my big first Un'goro pack opening. Had six classic packs from Brawls that I opened first, basically nothing noteworthy - couple of double rares, all dust. Then 37 Un'goro packs, between the bonus packs I had stocked, 11 bought with gold, and 15 bought with money.

Notable pulls:
    Rares: 1x Steam Surger, 2x Molten Reflection, 2x Vinecleaver, 1x Volcano, 2x Direhorn Hatchling, 1x Stonehill Defender, 1x Tol'Vir Stoneshaper, 1x Servant of Kalimos, 1x Golakka Crawler.
    Epics: 1x Primordial Glyph, 1x Meteor (Gold), 1x Stone Sentinel. (I actually got a lot more, but they were mostly crap ones...)
    Legendary: Fireplume's Heart (Warrior Quest)

(One notable common I didn't get: any Hot Spring Guardians. The part of me that wants to play Control Shaman is very disappointed.)

So, between dust I was sitting on, dust from the Hall of Fame rotations, and dust from those packs, I'm at about 6k dust to spend, and need to decide what to grab. I'll probably have to fill out a few key rares that I didn't get 2 of (Stonehill Defender, Tol'Vir Stoneshaper, and Servant of Kalimos in my above list stick out), but legendaries - well, I got one of the Quests I wanted, so that's good. I'd also like the Mage, Druid, and Priest quests, though I wouldn't call any of them big priorities for me right now, since I know they're not considered good (I am not interested in the Rogue quest). Kalimos and Tarim are the most tempting non-Quest class legendaries, while Elise is the most tempting neutral legendary.

For epics, I need another Glyph, maybe Meteor. Blazecaller and Primordial Drake are big ones I didn't get. I want Vilespine Slayer just to play around with another Control Rogue, but that's for-fun/experimental. I want the Priest epics, but eh, Priest.

Of the new meta decks I've seen in Trump's videos, the new Midrange Paladins and Discover Mage interest me the most - even the Murloc Midrange Paladin, shockingly enough, though I'd need to craft Murlocs from past sets for that, since I've always disenchanted those (I have no Vilefin, Tidecaller, Warleader, or Finja). Elemental decks look like a lot of fun as well, though Shaman would be my first choice for that, and for that I'd want to pick up Kalimos. Oh, and new Handlock, if it's still playable (please say it is, I miss that deck so much). Well, and Quest Warrior, but I think I'm pretty much set on making that, should just need to craft that second Stonehill Defender.

I'm thinking that, given the relatively low number of legendaries I really want, I'll do two of those and spend the rest of the dust filling out epics and rares. Hm... Tarim and Kalimos, maybe. Though Elise being neutral is tempting, but she seems not to show up in any but the most greedy decks... but those are kind of the decks I like playing.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

12. - Top - End - #1362

I got Tinkmaster Overspark as my first legend back in beta. Then he got nerfed, so I turned him into Sylvanas. He still has a special place in my heart.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ogre in the Playground

My first Legendary is a tie, got Ragnaros and Velen out of my very first pack. Thought for the longest time that it was a new-player bonus, not the luckiest pack I'd ever get.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Ha, you think you're so cool with your 'good legendaries' and 'multiple legendaqries in the same packs', but you all have NOTHING on my first legendary!

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ogre in the Playground

Yay! Pulled a Legendary!
    Boo! It's Beardo.

Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

My first Classic Legendary was The Black Knight, who I've not used a whole lot, though he was handy to have in the Taunt-infested early Un'goro meta.

I think my very first Legendary, though, was Flame Leviathan from GvG. My first (and so far, only) Golden Legendary was a second Edwin, though my collection is small enough that more dust is more important to me than having a shinier copy of a card I already have (and can't use effectively because Preparation is one of those staple Epics that basically never drop).

17. - Top - End - #1367

First Classic Legendary was Ysera
    GVG Hemet Nesingwary
    TGT Sky Capn Kragg
    WOTOG Y'shaarj
    MSOG Kun the Forgotten King
    Ungoro Awaken the Makers
    Currently DMing:

Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

Valiant Hearts: IC OOC GS

Currently Playing:

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Orc in the Playground

@Zevox:
    Go for it. You are right about these two legendaries, and although the only all-purpose one of the expansion is Elise, it's sure home, right now, is in priest, in which case Lyra and two shadow visions have a higher priority. Not sure if she fits in Quest Warriror, though.

As for Handlock, as far as I know, it's simply not working.
    Last edited by heronbpv; 2017-05-29 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Zevox is not Anarion... I blame the ponies! xD
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by heronbpv View Post
    @Zevox:
    Go for it. You are right about these two legendaries, and although the only all-purpose one of the expansion is Elise, it's sure home, right now, is in priest, in which case Lyra and two shadow visions have a higher priority. Not sure if she fits in Quest Warriror, though.
    Alright, I have done so. Crafted Tarim and Kalimos, two Primordial Drake, and two Blazecaller. Had more crafting to do to get Quest Warrior up and running than I thought - the one Stonehill Defender, but also the two Drakes, a Sleep with the Fishes, and two Alley Armorsmiths. Which, in the end, has meant that I couldn't quite craft everything I wanted - I got a second Primordial Glyph but not a second Meteor, for instance, and even missed out on a second Servant of Kalimos. I might scrounge some rares or one of those weak epics I got to make the second Servant though. And I otherwise came close to getting everything short of the more experimental/for-fun stuff I want, so that's good.

I've played some Quest Warrior. Just low-ranks for now - had to start at 25, since I didn't play much the last couple months - but doing well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by heronbpv View Post
    As for Handlock, as far as I know, it's simply not working.
    That's a pity. I had some hope for it, when I saw Trump's early videos using it and heard people here saying it was working for a bit. That's probably the past deck I miss the most, honestly - I wish they hadn't nerfed Molten Giants, so it could have at least stuck around in Wild.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Spamalot in the Playground

Ysera is my first and only. I may spend money on this game eventually...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    My first Classic Legendary was The Black Knight, who I've not used a whole lot, though he was handy to have in the Taunt-infested early Un'goro meta.

I think my very first Legendary, though, was Flame Leviathan from GvG. My first (and so far, only) Golden Legendary was a second Edwin, though my collection is small enough that more dust is more important to me than having a shinier copy of a card I already have (and can't use effectively because Preparation is one of those staple Epics that basically never drop).
    I also got Black Knight as my first legendary. I didn't realize it was a legendary when I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Alright, I have done so. Crafted Tarim and Kalimos, two Primordial Drake, and two Blazecaller. Had more crafting to do to get Quest Warrior up and running than I thought - the one Stonehill Defender, but also the two Drakes, a Sleep with the Fishes, and two Alley Armorsmiths. Which, in the end, has meant that I couldn't quite craft everything I wanted - I got a second Primordial Glyph but not a second Meteor, for instance, and even missed out on a second Servant of Kalimos. I might scrounge some rares or one of those weak epics I got to make the second Servant though. And I otherwise came close to getting everything short of the more experimental/for-fun stuff I want, so that's good.

I've played some Quest Warrior. Just low-ranks for now - had to start at 25, since I didn't play much the last couple months - but doing well so far.

That's a pity. I had some hope for it, when I saw Trump's early videos using it and heard people here saying it was working for a bit. That's probably the past deck I miss the most, honestly - I wish they hadn't nerfed Molten Giants, so it could have at least stuck around in Wild.
    I have a decent Taunt Warrior; don't have any Sleep with the Fishes, only one Primordial Drake. I instead added a couple Battle Rage, a Whirlwind, and a couple Dirty Rats.

One of the problems for Handlock is that there's not enough neutral healing for them to be able to combat mages or a bunch of the current aggro decks. I wouldn't be surprised if Molten Giant would be totally fine now.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

My very first legendary was Ilidan. The only reason he isn't dust is that he was my very first legendary.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Troll in the Playground

Disguised Toast did a completely F2P run with Hunter. Unlike other streamers who did a F2P run, he didn't play any arena (only conceded his free arena ticket) and didn't dust unnecessary cards to craft better ones. His deck at the end had zero epics or legendaries (except for the two Highmanes). Pretty impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2TlqswALdg

Edit: I also remember poor Zalae trying to get Legend with hunter during the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan meta and grinding 600+ games and failing.
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-05-30 at 10:31 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Titan in the Playground

So, today I finally went and finished up a very old arena I almost forgot I had going. How old? From before Arena was switched from Wild to Standard.

Spoiler: Deck List, now-Wild cards bolded.
    Show
    Class: Rogue

Mistress of Mixtures
    Small-Time Buccaneer
    Swashburgler
    Friendly Bartender
    Haunted Creeper
    Jade Shuriken
    Sap
    Sunfury Protector
    Twisted Worgen
    Youthful Brewmaster
    Fan of Knives
    Harvest Golem
    Razorfen Hunter
    Shadow Rager
    2x Shadow Strike
    Zoobot
    Ancient Shade
    Anu'bar Ambusher
    Eater of Secrets
    Gnomish Inventor
    Lost Tallstrider
    Mechanical Yeti
    Ogre Magi
    Tinker's Sharpsword Oil
    Mukla's Champion
    Second-Rate Bruiser
    Spiked Hogrider
    Nerubian Prophet
    Volcanic Drake

I had it at 7-1 when I came back to it. Ended at 12-2, with the additional loss being a disconnect due to me playing on my phone. I have to say, I'm stunned that it held up so well in this era of Arena having increased drop rate for higher-rarity and spell cards. I didn't even have that many great cards from the old sets - Haunted Creeper, Mukla's Champion, and Sharpsword Oil were the best of them (and Mech Yeti, but he's not that much different than regular Yeti, who is still there).

Final reward: 475! gold and an Un'goro pack. Pretty sure that's the most gold I've gotten from my 12-win runs. So, yeah, I'm pretty pleased right now.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Disguised Toast did a completely F2P run with Hunter. Unlike other streamers who did a F2P run, he didn't play any arena (only conceded his free arena ticket) and didn't dust unnecessary cards to craft better ones. His deck at the end had zero epics or legendaries (except for the two Highmanes). Pretty impressive.
    Eh F2P this season seems much less impressive particularly due to hunter. The only even moderately "expensive" card in midrange hunter is Kindly Grandmother due to being from Karazhan. And it can easily be replaced by some tech like Golakka Grawler (or Hungry Crab if you want to put in an epic). Other than those, there's what 4 rares in the deck (2 Eaglehorn bow, 2 Highmane)? I can't think of a cheaper meta deck in any recent history.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Eh F2P this season seems much less impressive particularly due to hunter. The only even moderately "expensive" card in midrange hunter is Kindly Grandmother due to being from Karazhan. And it can easily be replaced by some tech like Golakka Grawler (or Hungry Crab if you want to put in an epic). Other than those, there's what 4 rares in the deck (2 Eaglehorn bow, 2 Highmane)? I can't think of a cheaper meta deck in any recent history.
    Rat Packs are really good for the deck, and some versions run Vicious Fledgeling or the micro-Pirate Package (two Corsairs plus Patches)

Aggro Druid is right there for cheap, effective decks. Difference is that Druid REALLY needs the two Living Mana, while Midrange can get away with not using Rat Pack.

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    The current Evolve Token Shaman is pretty low in dust; only Legendary is Aya (which is important) and Maelstrom Portal is in Karazhan.

I also remember Whispers of the Old Gods Zoo being really cheap except that Imp Gang Boss and Dark Peddler were locked behind adventures.

Back in the days when Blizzard printed cheap mech cards that were common, a decent Mech Mage was really cheap.
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-05-31 at 08:19 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, mech mage.

Yeah, that one ran no legends, only Epic (not even run everywhere) was Fel Reaver.

I once opened Blingtron 3000 and I made a Mech mage running that plus Water elementals, which was pretty fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ettin in the Playground

I kind of wish I hadn't disenchanted all my wild cards now. Found out dreadsteed has some silly synergies in wild and want to try them out.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    I kind of wish I hadn't disenchanted all my wild cards now. Found out dreadsteed has some silly synergies in wild and want to try them out.
    Oh? Like what?
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show