New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Worm WW

1. - Top - End - #361
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Worm WW

Typically a disguiser makes other people be scried wrong. Scrying as town when you're a wolf falls under alpha.
    Internet access is consistent now, but I'm about 17 hours ahead of PST these days.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Okay, so that exists too?
    Life is confusing

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

rakkoon, that's why we're color coding the results.

4. - Top - End - #364

Hey, red...blue...I get it now!
    It's my fault for not knowing the fluff anyway

Spoiler
    Show

Supa Songs about me

5. - Top - End - #365
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RoTWS View Post
    Nice Guy? What the ****? Where did Bonesaw get the resources to clone already-dead S9 members? Or is this an AU where he never died in the first place?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Murska, I am quite impressed by your seer (I'm guessing Tattletale). Nice Guy's canon powers are the kind that should make anyone scrying him see a good guy, unless Ramsus and AV changed things greatly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Okay, I can confirm that Silent Interim has claimed to me privately, however it's not, uh, counterclaimable and I can't check it myself. In addition someone else has claimed to me privately that they have scried Silent Interim as part of the Slaughterhouse 9. (a Cape team scry, apparently) Both of these claims include the vague information that SI is 'difficult to kill', however.

I don't really know what else to do with that.
    Might not be Tattletale, then. Gallant or (if they stuck her as a neutral) Cherish, maybe?

6. - Top - End - #366
    Troll in the Playground

Nice Guy existing without being part of the possible character list makes Imp's existance more likely.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #367

Yeah but people are aware of nice guy's existence why wasn't he on the list then? Even as a member of another or all teams?
    thanks for linkele for my avatar

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    Yeah but people are aware of nice guy's existence why wasn't he on the list then? Even as a member of another or all teams?
    Speculation follows:

He's a character in the story, so those familiar with the Worm story know of him. It's also reasonable and not uncommon for narrators to keep some information from town as to who the roles within the game are. In my experience a game where the powers are not identified with the roles, it is more common.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

Night 2 Over

Morning comes once again. You're starting to get used to the weird schedule this game is forcing upon you, even if the days are rather hectic. You're rested enough for a day of arguing and plotting, so now all that remains is seeing who got axed in the night. Making your way to the lobby once more, you find Bonesaw and the Siberian waiting for you, both of them with wide grins on their faces and the latter holding onto a limp body. Approaching closer, you recognize the form of Forum Explorer.

"It would appear that Shadow Stalker turned out to be the weakest link~" Bonesaw chirped, bouncing from foot to foot. "Ooh, I'm excited to see what new developments arrive from this. Well, have fun choosing who lives and dies, everybody! I know I'll certainly have fun watching~"

Forum Explorer was killed. They were Shadow Stalker.

Spoiler: Player List
    Show

Player Role Result
    Thematthew
    Tom the Mime
    Duck999
    flat_footed Panacea Killed Night 1
    ImperatorV
    Silent_Interim Nice Guy Lynched Day 2
    Murska
    Logic
    C'nor
    Eternis
    Forum Explorer Shadow Stalker Killed Night 2
    aberratio ictus
    Technetium43
    Ronnoc
    Xihirli
    JBPuffin Shatterbird Lynched Day 1
    RoTWS
    rakkoon
    Iceseer
    Libro
    Kartoffelbrein

Day 3
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2017-06-07 at 07:11 PM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Kartoffelbrein seems a little suspicious from yesterday, flipping onto the wagon on S9 only when it was basically already overwhelming. Maybe we can get the Siberian to eat mashed potatoes instead.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2017-06-08 at 02:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Orc in the Playground

I'm going to start with Eternis, he's been keeping pretty quiet so far.
    Last edited by Ronnoc; 2017-06-08 at 02:42 PM.
    I don't know everything merely everything of importance-Fidelias
    Avatar by the illustrious Lord Raziere

12. - Top - End - #372

Duck999 was even later
    Last edited by rakkoon; 2017-06-08 at 11:27 PM.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Eternis does seem quiet, but I think Duck999 feels like his last vote was one of those "look at me, I helped kill a wolf" moment.
    Internet access is consistent now, but I'm about 17 hours ahead of PST these days.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thematthew View Post
    Can confirm SI's statement, they really tend to put the Silent in Silent_Interim.

Looking things over, I'm actually kinda suspicious of the Iceseer/Tom the Mime connection. I can really see using that as a safe claim (being masons) in a game where the whole setup should stop anybody from knowing anyone else except the wolves and GG/Panacea.

I can agree that SI should claim to Glory Girl though, that way we can compartmentalize claims. We don't want the S9 getting information of who has been claimed after all.

As far as reads go, here's what I've got:

Town
    Murska: He's acting like he normally would, and I feel like I have a reason to believe his claim.
    Neutral
    C'nor: Though being very helpful, I don't feel that serving up a member of the S9 on day one is actually clearing of a person. And anybody who talks up their ability to catch wolves day 1 earns a bit of my distrust naturally. The only times that I've seen actual "analysis" catch a wolf on day 1 involved the wolf being a newer player who made a mistake, or people attributing meaning to statements like 'Day 1 analysis is useless.'
    Xihirli: I feel like I've said it enough for it to be in my signature, I can never get a read on Xihirli. She's just Xihirli.
    Forum Explorer: Though I don't see a huge reason to immediately discount their claim, we know not all the roles available are out there and that they are claiming to have been voided.
    Wolf
    Iceseer/Tom the Mime: Like I said, multiple groups of masons doesn't strike me as ringing true in a game based on the Prey Arc. The only people who were unaffected by the miasma were S9, Panacea, and possibly Sundancer though we would have noticed a walking ball of fire in our midst if she did what she needed to be unaffected.

I would also like to point out that claiming a scry of somebody and then, when they turn out to not be what you claimed, claiming that you must have a fool scry is probably a pretty safe choice for the wolf team, given that we could potentially have multiple information roles. Or claiming that a seer contacted you for that matter.

I also don't know why people are claiming to Murska instead of Tech. One of them has been vetted by the death of their teammate, the other is being vetted by the lack of a counterclaim in a game with more roles than players. From an uninformed perspective, that seems crazy.
    ((This is an interesting post right when Duck and Silent Interim are neck to neck on the wagons. The list is pretty inconclusive and theMatthew seems to be trying to steer towards Iceseer/Tom at the very moment where Town is gathering steam to lynch a wolf.

People voting for Duck, given that Duck was the counterwagon to Silent Interim yesterday, do you think we had two wagons on wolves? It'd take a pretty meek wolf team to allow that after they already lost one on day 1, without even attempting a push on a town candidate.

EDIT: Duck also voted for Silent Interim on day one as a counterwagon to Glory Girl and Panacea, admittedly post-claims but still.))
    Last edited by Murska; 2017-06-08 at 09:53 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

I was voided last night. I'll not share more at this time.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376

So you have no information but would like to be targeted by wolves anyway :D

Spoiler
    Show

Supa Songs about me

17. - Top - End - #377
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Thematthew does indeed sound somewhat suspicious.

If Kartoffelbrein is a wolf for voting for Duck999, then so are Xihirli and I. A reminder of the sequence of events in the last round:
    The round begins with the death of flat_footed, aka Panacea.
    Technetium43 announced that Panacea baned Forum Explorer.
    Forum Explorer declares that their attempt to watch Iceseer was voided.
    Iceseer denies being a Voider.
    Murska begins the voting by putting pressure on Duck999 for the timing of their Day One vote. Duck posts a defense. Duck 1.
    Thematthew cautions any and all seers not to publicly claim.
    I speculate on the character whose powers include voiding. At the time, I theorized that Grue might have voided FE; now, with the Nine having killed FE, I am certain it was them.
    Xihirli throws a vote at flat_footed. I chastise her.
    rakkoon and Ronnoc vote for Silent_Interim. SI 2, Duck 1.
    Logic declares a suspicion of rakkoon, SI, and Tech. Upon being pressed by Ronnoc and rakkoon, admits they mixed up Tech and someone else. Also calls out Xihirli for voting for the dead.
    Murska is unsure who to vote for now.
    SI gives a (now proven false) theory on why JBPuffin would defend him if he was town.
    Murska presses SI to claim to him or Tech.
    C'nor analyzes reasons why both Duck and SI might be wolves, votes for SI. SI 3, Duck 1.
    Silent votes for Duck. SI 3, Duck 2.
    Tom votes for SI because of their refusal to claim. SI attempts to defend their decision, but Tom and Ronnoc convince him to claim to Murska. SI 4, Duck 2.
    I try to convince SI to claim to Tech, then vote for Duck based on C'nor's analysis. SI 4, Duck 3.
    Murska receives and doubts SI's claim, also sharing that a scrier claimed to him that SI was with the Nine.
    Xihirli finds it suspicious that so much evidence is surfacing against SI right when Duck is getting voted against. Votes for Duck, tying the vote.
    Thematthew makes the post that Murska found suspicious.
    Kartoffelbrein does a vote count and votes for Duck. Duck 5, SI 4.
    Tom claims that he is Grue and Iceseer is Imp, also saying that Imp is immune to scries. He also firms up suspicion against SI based on his post.
    SI claims Tom misinterpreted his position and that he assumed the powers of Tattletale and Skitter meant they would start in contact.
    I remain suspicious of both Duck and SI, but keep my vote on Duck just like Murska.
    Thematthew brings up the obvious point that people can lie about their role and votes for Tom the Mime because he perceives a potential plothole in his parable. Duck 5, SI 4, Tom 1. Tom attempts to refute.
    SI, seeing the chance to turn suspicion away from him, says it makes sense for a wolf to claim a Stranger and that Tom's analysis of Thematthew's statements is unreasonable.
    Murska shares SI's claim as Gasconade, changes his vote to SI, and states that he is suspicious of me and Kartoffelbrein (based on tone) and Eternis (based on his Round One vote). (Which vote was this, Murska? Eternis first voted for Forum Explorer during the traditional Day One guessing hours, then voted for SI right after Murska joined that bandwagon.) SI 5, Duck 4, Tom 1. Ronnoc finds SI's claim strange. He was already voting for SI.
    Tech drops in to say she is suspicious of SI and Duck but not Murska. She does not place a vote this round.
    Forum Explorer clarifies he was voided and votes for Tom. SI 5, Duck 4, Tom 2.
    I change my vote to SI based on how stupid his claim sounds. SI 6, Duck 3, Tom 2.
    Iceseer and Eternis vote for SI. SI 8, Duck 3, Tom 2.
    Logic... well, I'll let his words speak for themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I do think Silent_Interim is a wolf, and I don't think Duck is one. However, I find it suspicious that there is such late push for Silent_Interim.

For now, I'll put a pressure vote on Tom the Mime, and if it looks like I am swooping in to try and save Duck with a later vote for Silent_Interim, then I probably am.
    This leaves the votes at SI 8, Duck 3, Tom 3.
    Duck asks why we're bandwagoning Silent, Tom provides an answer.
    Kartoffelbrein changes his vote to SI, and Duck also votes for SI. SI 10, Tom 3, Duck 2.
    ImperatorV, Libro, and aberratio ictus do absolutely nothing this round.
    The day ends. Silent_Interim is lynched and revealed to be Nice Guy.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RoTWS View Post
    Logic... well, I'll let his words speak for themselves.
    I do think Silent_Interim is a wolf, and I don't think Duck is one. However, I find it suspicious that there is such late push for Silent_Interim.

For now, I'll put a pressure vote on Tom the Mime, and if it looks like I am swooping in to try and save Duck with a later vote for Silent_Interim, then I probably am.
    This leaves the votes at SI 8, Duck 3, Tom 3.
    Duck asks why we're bandwagoning Silent, Tom provides an answer.
    Kartoffelbrein changes his vote to SI, and Duck also votes for SI. SI 10, Tom 3, Duck 2.
    ImperatorV, Libro, and aberratio ictus do absolutely nothing this round.
    The day ends. Silent_Interim is lynched and revealed to be Nice Guy.
    I'm very curious what conclusion you've drawn from this.

And because you share an avatar with Tom the Mime, I initially thought I was responding to him.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

Kartoffelbrein does a vote count and votes for Duck. Duck 5, SI 4.
    Wow. This looks terrible for him.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #380
    Orc in the Playground

Well huh. That's certainly a turn of events. I'm about 95% sure Rakkoon is actually a wolf. They claimed day 1 to flat_footed and day 2 to me as a vote manipulator, which seemed pretty reasonable... but then claimed to me as Gallant today, saying that they scried Eternis as not S9. Thing is, I've been in contact with Gallant since the beginning of day 2. And I'm almost certain that they're not lying, given the detail and continuous contact we've had. Their vote patterns are reasonable, but that discrepancy is completely undefendable pretty much.

EDIT: Also, completely unrelated to the contents of this post... man my existence is a pain in the ass for scum. I'm an un-nightkillable part of a mason pair, which is basically their worst nightmare. I feel like this game is heavily, heavily tilted in town's favor to begin with. >_>
    Last edited by Technetium43; 2017-06-08 at 02:31 PM.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Technetium43 View Post
    Well huh. That's certainly a turn of events. I'm about 95% sure Rakkoon is actually a wolf. They claimed day 1 to flat_footed and day 2 to me as a vote manipulator, which seemed pretty reasonable... but then claimed to me as Gallant today, saying that they scried Eternis as not S9. Thing is, I've been in contact with Gallant since the beginning of day 2. And I'm almost certain that they're not lying, given the detail and continuous contact we've had. Their vote patterns are reasonable, but that discrepancy is completely undefendable pretty much.

EDIT: Also, completely unrelated to the contents of this post... man my existence is a pain in the ass for scum. I'm an un-nightkillable part of a mason pair, which is basically their worst nightmare. I feel like this game is heavily, heavily tilted in town's favor to begin with. >_>
    I bow to Glory Girl's intel, Rakkoon.
    I don't know everything merely everything of importance-Fidelias
    Avatar by the illustrious Lord Raziere

22. - Top - End - #382
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Wow. This looks terrible for him.
    Yup, that's why I voted for him. The discussion hasn't exactly made me less suspicious and thematthew and RoTWS odd defended just make me more suspicious of them as well. No saying duck is definitely town but if there's 2 wagons and one of then is you, voting on the other one isn't that suspicious. Think about how bad voting for anyone else would look in a vain attempt of saving the other person.

But we have a claim and counterclaim so rakkoon .

Edit: As far as I can tell, there are enough roles that are very hard to kill that there's probably a mechanic to get around it, either unblockable kills or a conversion.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2017-06-08 at 03:03 PM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Technetium43 View Post

Tech, if Rakkoon flips as Gallant, you absolutely need to reveal the Gallant in your pocket.

Town, pay careful attention to Tom and myself: we are #3 & #4 on rakkoon today.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

Tech, if Rakkoon flips as Gallant, you absolutely need to reveal the Gallant in your pocket.

Town, pay careful attention to Tom and myself: we are #3 & #4 on rakkoon today.
    Eh, I don't think wagonomics really matter much in a situation where we're essentially 100% guaranteed to lynch rakkoon because our confirmed cleared lock town tells us directly to do that.

...unless the s9 have a recruitment mechanic. Hopefully not, those are terrible.

EDIT: Why would a claimed vote manipulator claim to have a scry? Does this or does it not match what the real Gallant has claimed as powers?
    Last edited by Murska; 2017-06-08 at 04:26 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

I feel like a wolf wouldn't screw that up, but I also feel like there's no reason not to trust the confirmed town. Also, does anyone, especially Murska (since you're good at this ), have any ideas as to why this would happen if rakkoon were not a wolf?
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

The wolf team seems pretty new, and Silent Interim willingly went along with a day-one sacrifice of JBPuffin when Forum Explorer was also (at the time) higher in votes and fairly suspicious from pre-claim, which doubts had not been even really mostly been assuaged by the late and grudging claim. That implies that they are pretty timid - SI could easily have claimed a self-defense vote, and whatever wolf hopped on next could have pointed out that flat_footed and Technetium, our basically confirmed even then masons, had not seen the claim as sufficient evidence to switch.

So all in all, yes, I'm willing to believe that we threw the wolves off-balance and they're trying to run under the radar for now. This is especially true because if my suspicions hold up, we did see them trying to form a deniable counterwagon on a town target. That said... Seer claim, bandwagon engines to full, set course for Rakkoon!

27. - Top - End - #387

sorry rakkoon but your days are numbered.
    thanks for linkele for my avatar

28. - Top - End - #388

I will join the voices calling for rakkoon.
    Last edited by ImperatorV; 2017-06-09 at 10:34 AM.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

29. - Top - End - #389

Actually I don't mind dying if that means the fake Gallant will be revealed. My day power is up and downvoting one guy and my night power is an alignment scry. I scried Tom the first day and was voided and Eternis scried as non-s9.
    Please note that I was second in the first day wolf lynch and first to start the second day wolf lynch. One would think that a wolf would not do that.
    I'm going for logic as a counterwagon btw

And tech, please let someone know who the other Gallant is. Someone you do not trust because of that guy! Wait, if I die you have the night to do that. Nevermind. But do tell who the false Gallant vouched for!
    Last edited by rakkoon; 2017-06-09 at 11:01 AM.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Barbarian in the Playground

Neither rabbit nor duck season, it's rakkoon season.
    {been busy irl. need to go to bed, dropping a vote so I don't risk autolynch}