New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Staff IC: Threat IV: Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon tea party!

A most fascinating explanation! I had never heard mention of donkeys within the land of the Three Tribes! Tailwind exclaimed, thoughtfully. For the longest time was my understanding framed, that such 'corruption,' that is to say, how our ancestors' hatred attracted the foul Wendigoes, who themselves brought ice and death, was but a metaphor for the ruination, such vices as pride, vanity, avarice, and aggression bring! Should they be allowed to fester within our hearts! Nay, personal experience shone its gleaming ray of revelation upon my awareness, to the reality of historical hardships! Behold, for it remains a most magnificent of metaphors!

Nevertheless, what atrocity befell your ancestors breaks my heart! As does your continued suffering! Certainly not yours, personally, but I spoke to your family! Merchants, they are, offering honest wares, yet their unhappiness clung to, and radiated from them like a malaise! Paralyzed through debt, they yet cling to the very karma that has already brought to them such ruination! They speak of it with hopeless resignation, having wrong nopony,
    to the best of my knowledge, that it be their lot to endure burdens unearned!

Such is their, and even your own, disparagement, that you humble yourselves in great excess! Humility is a wondrous virtue, one I would be a fool to presume your lacking in! But a leech, is a parasite, whose mere existence must come at the expense of something else! A leech had no choice in the circumstances of its lot in life, or even its birth, and to disparage the humble leech of such, is quite silly, indeed! However to presume yourselves, equivalent, is to presume that your existence is causing harm to the Cherry Blossom Empire! Their continued tolerance of you is only charity!

I have seen your work, if only in part! Yet what was witnessed was stupendous! Amazing! You are a maid of spectacular talent, clearly of keen intellect, and the Lords and Ladies of this palace are lucky to have you! Lady Sable Spirit must surely recognize this, valuing a tidy palace in excess of your wage! Most certainly among the best maids, I have had the privilege to behold, since my own mother! Make no mistake, my friend: You provide value! To call you a 'leech' is to reject observable reality!
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

"Okay..." She flutters down to the ground and begins scratching out a loose diagram with the dark coal ash near the forge.

"Imagine a four storey building... the main destructive element of the earthquake is the fact that the sympathetic vibrations moves up the structure is shifting and reverberating at a different resonance to the ground beneath the structure, like so..." She illustrated with the coal-dusted ground.

https://imgur.com/a/Kklf0aG

"Eventually the building moving atypically to the ground causes structural instability and irregular load shifts destabilizing the entire tower once the structural integrity limit reaches peak capacity to still be load bearing... But!" She wiped down the diagram while sprinkling red, oxidised iron filings to demonstrate her idea using steel composite materials intermixed with existing wooden structure.

https://imgur.com/a/yESY5EJ

"What if you had a series of I-beams and chains, leading to a hollow antechamber housing a variable counterweight built beneath your taller structures? Negating the resonance by changing the upward kinetic energy movement of the building allowing the building to better move in relatonship to the ground around it--Stopping it from shaking itself to pieces?" She paused to illustrate her ideas.

"You could hide the chains through the centre of repurposed wooden rafters with steel piping, and create wood cladding to mask the use of I-beam struts as well to maintain the harmonious architectural look of your buildings. The major work is excavating and creating the antechambers to house the counterweights of all your higher buildings... but once the work is done, you shouldn't even notice them!" She beamed.

"The trick isn't building a more rigid structure, the trick is counteracting the most destructive sympathetic vibrations of the structure so that the building does not wobble. Structural fortitude through a free moving couterweight that nullifies the destructive, irregular transfer of energy in relationship to the ground supports." She flittered back into the air at that.
    Last edited by Schismatic; 2019-02-25 at 10:48 AM.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony blushed a lot after reading this prophecy about her... She hide it in her saddlebag: " Let's just say it makes too much sense for my liking right now... It's about my, ahem, childrens. Yes, it seem I'll have more then one. L-Let's move on, we can discuss it later. "

Even if she loved her husband and her son, she hadn't enjoy being pregnant in the least. And it was even more embarassing to talk about it with Shadows Echo Into Dreams and Visions listening. Her ears even turned red when she realized he seemed interested in knowing what was written.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Body roll to evade: (2d6+3)[9]

BubbleGuard wasnt interested in doing damage to the other combatant even after what he had done and said. The point of this battle would have to win like he dueled every pony else, by using his smarts and limited resource. "You have certainly skill with the sword but that isnt enough to win combat. I dare you to try to attack me while my spell is up. Lets see if my defense or your offense is better in this duel." BubbleGuard replies to the samurái in a tone of challenge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting another BubbleShield DT 12 - (2d6)[11] = 1
    And here is my roll to cast it. (2d6+3)[11]
    Edit: Easiest cast ever.
    Last edited by DaOldeWolf; 2019-02-26 at 03:40 AM.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

5. - Top - End - #935
    Titan in the Playground

Tailwind
    Spoiler
    Show

Celestia nodded, seeming to agree with every word of Tailwind.
    Dokobashi smiled again. "Reject observable reality? Sometimes, things are just wordplay. Leech can be useful for health, actually. And I could point out, that a maid with a cutie mark for cleaning should be better then me. But-" she paused, eating a small fish shaped biscuit with jelly filling
    Celestia has gasped with envy*
    "This one leech estimate that she is probably more skilled then the average pony. And on par, and maybe above ponies with the fitting cutie marks. But this... change nothing."
    "What?" Celestia frowned with confusion. "But isn't it what is all about?!"
    "No." Dokobashi shook her head and now offered Tailwind and Celestia bowl of those biscuits which were filled with fruity cream from the inside.
    "Let me, make your question even bigger. I wasn't always in terms with Karma. As youth I was angry and bitter; my parents were crippled and beggars, and our relatives barely could afford to give us a roof to stay under. Around the age ponies get their cutie marks, I dyed my coat lavender, tied my ears and even faked a horn. I have drawn a Wisdom Mark of bow and arrow- then joined an Archery competition and won a second place." She smiled with an amusment. "Maybe the ponies were mentally giving up, because they belived I had talent for archery, maybe I made myself believe I had a talent- and maybe simply such was Karma."
    "That amazing!" Celestia said while munching fish biscuits.
    Dokobashi shook her head. "It doesn't matter. It's the thing about Caste System. The skills of the induvdial aren't relevant in the big picture. To keep stability one must embrace the role of his caste in society."
    "That silly" Celestia said. "You could be even a Samurai or something!"
    Dokobashi smiled, wearily as if she had this discussion before- maybe with herself.
    "Ok. Maybe the Caste system is too alien for you. Then I'll speak to you about royalty and nobility. What the benefit from them? Yes. Usually the founder of dynasty is a great pony, but why should his offspring automaticly get authority? The answer is stability. In society where anypony can get as far as his skill and conviction will take her, is doomed to fall to conflict and chaos. Everypony will race to the top, dreams will be shattered, souls would grow cruel and bitter and envy will spread." She said seriously.
    "My ancestors, believed, the potential for personal greatness, was what pulled the three tribes for self destruction. In Caste system, where ponies and donkeys accept their Karma, peace is promised. So.. it doesn't matter even if I'll save the whole empire- I am still a leech. I am still living off the charity of the empire, simply because this is the defination of my Caste. It... took me a while to accept. As teen I was quite the stubborn rebel." She giggled.

Tea Agony
    Spoiler
    Show

Starswirl looks surprised. "So it's accurate? Why don't we research it?" He asks.
    The librarian looks... curiouse, but doesn't press it.

But another librarian has arrived. She was small framed, but somehow radiated enough energy for three jolly ponies. She was menta coated with deep green with silver streak and cutie mark of a cricket holding an instrument. Tiny glasses on her muzzle bounced joyfulluly with ebery word and step"Oh My Karmaaaaaa!" She gasped and hopped infront of Tea Agony's muzzle. "It's been years since anypony has opened a prophect We must research and write everything down!" She cupped Agony's cheeks with an excitment.
    "Oh." She blsuehd and broke off and bowed deeply. "My name is Little Cricket From Mountain Of Rivers Of Secrets. I am Junior Librarian."
    Shadow Echo rolled his eyes. "Forgive her. She is still.... enthuastic."

"It's just... the idea.. of somepony forseeing all of those prophecies! Did she actually seen it, and then has chosen to express it in haikus? Did a mysteriouse force used her to write those haikus? Why?! WHY?!" Little Cricket said with a louder and louder excitment

Bubble Guard
    Spoiler
    Show

Sweet Echo gasped, when Flaming Tails Of Savage Fox managed to hit Bubble's helmet, which soaked the raw damage but his cheek got burnt.
    But the next flaming slash was bounced off, by the bubble shield.
    And so the next.
    Then Flaming Tails has engulfed her katana with a dragon madr of fire- but so this one was bounced off.
    "You got some skill. Must I admit. But, every defence is bound to eventually fall- such is Karma!" She said with a wild smile, enlighted in demon like shine, because of her fire magic.

[Shadow Lock]
    Spoiler
    Show

Steel Lotus has nodded with apreciation. "Yes. And with Earth based magic we can enhance the gravity of the chains, or simply enchant roots. This is quite possible. We will work in it right away." He gave a deep bow.

River Soul has smiled with hope. "This is very good! I guess, we will need a lot of labohr workers and inspectors to do the digging?"
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

6. - Top - End - #936

But what is 'stability?' Tailwind inquired in between bites. This very plate may be stable! Behold, its absence of damage, the soundness of its structural integrity! Defining a society as 'stable' must denote conflict minimization! Not complete absence, as such a society would surely stand as a monument to stagnation! However this merely begs the question: What is 'conflict?' Conflict, a clash of mutually exclusive ponies, things, or ideas, is a definition I am certain we may agree on! Donkeys included, of course! Yet, I do declare, conflict is omnipresent! A conflict between a pony and her hunger, drives them to seek food from their kitchen! Conflicts between possessions catalyzes trade! Indeed, a conflict of mutually exclusive ideas, between friends, is the impetus for the very conversation you and I are having, right now! Tailwind smiles pleasantly. Yet only the most absentminded of fools would dare proclaim conflict as universally good! Conflict brings about war, and starvation, too, and as you have correctly identified, riled up the feelings of hatred amongst the Three Tribes, for which the Wendigoes hungered!

Thus, we cannot proclaim conflict as universally preferable, nor universally non-preferable! Though with boldness I do proclaim the absence of conflict would be a world fit only for the dead! If principles of right and wrong, we must search elseware! What makes civil conversation acceptable, yet, say, theft, not so? You and I speak, because we chose to! We volunteer our time and attention to it! I cannot speak for your reasons, but I find this discussion most enjoyable, and I wish with all sincerity that these feelings stand mutual! With theft, a pony has their property taken, involuntarily! If said pony left it for another to take, surely that is gifting, or abandonment! To take against the wishes of its legitimate owner is an involuntary transaction, or if I may be so bold, an act of aggression!

If we wish to amend our definition of 'stability,' we shall assume that it means the 'minimization of aggression!' I am certain we all may agree on this! Now we shall apply it to your caste system!

The leadership caste is to be obeyed! Why are they to be obeyed? Because their leadership creates stability! That is to say, their leadership minimizes aggression! Their continued rule, however, implies the initiation of force! Say you wish to become a Samurai!
    Tailwind suggests. Whom are you aggressing, in such an act? Nopony! Your ability to ascend to their ranks, should be limited only by your combat prowess, all things standing in equality! Yet the leadership caste will attempt to stop you, and failure to comply will result in violence! Whom is justified in such conflict? You, the passive party, pursuing your dreams, or the 'leadership,' attempting to crush them through physical force? If they are to be justified, then they are initiating physical force! They are aggressing! Thus, they must decrease stability, in the name of stability!

As we have proven, through reason, the leadership must necessarily use physical force to stop you from becoming a samurai! Therefore, it must also be reasonable to expect these caste systems are enforced, through this identical system of violence! Either the system promotes stability, or instability! They cannot do both! The absence of open civil war is not proof against this claim, as you have demonstrated my point, far more succinctly than I ever could!

In your teenage years, mayhaps even afterwards, surely you felt it! The stifling restriction! The resentment of ponies who would seek to inflict it! Though you have done exceptionally well to make peace with it, such feelings cannot possibly have been yours, alone! No, they have not actually, I mentioned I have witnessed the anger and frustration within your own family! This is not 'stability,' the conflict has simply been suppressed! Swept under the rug, to use an Equestrian analogy! Harmony, in merely the absence of open revolt and chaos! To think of what might happen, if the question of 'who decides who shall lead' is ever raised again...it terrifies me! Truly!

Ponies, and Donkeys, of course, should only associate, because they wish to! No 'leaders' force us to associate, nor did any coerce me to subordinate to Mr. Starswirl! If you wish to subordinate yourself to a leader, it should be because you want to, not because such is the nature of your 'caste!' Not because 'such is karma!'

7. - Top - End - #937
    Troll in the Playground

"Ha! I will help build a strong kingdom. I will be the base for such foundation. I wont fall down. I dare you to try! One day, my defense will be so great, nothing will pierce through! I am the immovable wall! The one true protector!" BubbleGuard proclaims sure of himself. He wanted to prove his worth to protect each and every member of this castle. In this moment, it had become a challenge to prove himself as the guardian of the castle.

"My will is strong!" BubbleGuard roars ready take any and all hits given by his opponent attack. This was going to be a battle of attrition.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

8. - Top - End - #938

BardGuy

"Indeed, labour will be quite prohibitive and expansive. Which is the biggest obstacle all things considered." She noted. "The benefit is it's merely labour with little materials beyond earth-moving equipment--the most time consuming job, as always, while be restoration. Which requires a lot of material, precise work, and labour." She said a bit exasperated.

"I also imagine it will also be quite politically contentious. So as not to incite hostilities, it should be you and your engineers explaining this to the public and the officials at your next gathering. I'll help as one of your onsite staff, but the public discussion should come from Cherry Blossom officers of the court. But I did have an idea..." She paused for a moment,flittering to the ground.

"In order to assuage possible incitement, I was thinking maybe also building a public monument in name of Sir River Soul and Her Imperial Highness Sable Spirit, here. Maybe a variable datum river dock to expediate docking and river ship transport of grain? Basically creating a lock that can artifically elevate the river level to help improve the draft and pulling ships into dry docks right here in town for easier repairs? It would increase employment and shipwrighting operations, improve maritime safety and security." She paused to consider their resources and what they can make.

"It should appeal to the city's political base, and would be a good way of appealing to the merchants in town... As awful as it is, money often solidifies power. Plus, given it will be a public landmark in the middle of the town's economy and operations, ponies will be reminded of the contribution made to the city while still retaining a humility and industriousness all of its own." She added with a murmur.
    Last edited by Schismatic; 2019-03-02 at 09:38 AM.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony doesnt know what to do with this energetic newcomer...

" Miss Little Cricket, humm, my prophecy is.. personnal and I am not really in the mood to share it with any..."

She look at Shadow Echo. She realized maybe she was a bit prejudiced against the energetic newcomer as she would have trust Shadow Echo better. She realize it was because he made her think of Deepwood.

She sigh: " I... can tell you at least that it reveal the name of my future children. It's... a name I had picked if it was going to be a girl. I'm already a bit disappointed to know the gender in advance, its the kind of thing who is you know, a nice surprise. Now I'll have to pretend to my husband that I don't know... So As you can see, it caused a tiny inconvenience and it doesn't make me very... hummm, as enthousiastic as you. "

She turn to Starswirl: " If... If you insist Master Starswirl, I will let you read it right away. I obviously don't plan to keep it a secret from you but..." she look sideways at the librairians before returning to look at Starswirl.

In her mind, she decide to ask Sweet Echo if she is feeling better and if Bubbles is with her...

10. - Top - End - #940
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Tailwind
    Show

'Intresting.' Dokobashi said. 'But... what actually stopped my shengians, was.. the moment I was caught.' she paused
    'They... didn't punished me. At least not physicaly. They didn't even have insulted me. Just... glared. They simply looked at me like an alien... and this hurt more then any blade could have done. I love this land. It's greatness come from the strict unwavering honor of hierarchy. Maybe soical acceptance if anything, is usually what enforcing the system. Usually this is enough.'
    she paused
    'But enough about me. You and your allies seems to be... quite the colorful group. An unicorn wizard, watching over a little noble filly from the Cherry Blossom Empire, an earth pony guard, bat ponies and of course- you.'
    Dokobashi paused. 'I understand, that.. you had exprienced difficulties, with nobles? Were you opressed?' she has asked.
    'If you don't mind me asking... because.. I also wonder, what kind of noble filly your Master hope to raise?'

Spoiler: Bubble Guard
    Show

'Bold words, foreigner.' The Samurai said. 'But every defense must have holes. Such is karma' the fire stops. The Samurai stab the ground, and roots are sprouting out, and alongside cherry petals starting to create a small serpent dragon made of timber and cherry petals.
    The dragon fly and wrap itself around the bubble, starting to absorb it's magic.
    The bubble in danger of collapsing any moment!

Spoiler: Shadow Lock
    Show

River Soul looked quite surprised. 'This is a splendid idea! Your humility amaze me, quite a lot!' he bowed his head a little bit.
    'But I want them to see you, working on this bridge! The ponies of the Empire must see your greatness!' he argued.
    "With the right crew we can be done before the sun is down!'

Spoiler: Tea Agony
    Show

the librarians looked in stress
    'please! We will pay you in any way you want!' they begged
    'It CANNOT be personal! The prophecies are never trivial! If it mention your children, then they have importance on worldscale!"

Star Swirl sigh. 'You don't have to, if you aren't prepared.. but maybe it will connect to Celestia's prophecy...'

Sweet Echo tell that she feel better, but she is worried- when she tried to give back what she has stolen, Bubble went into offical dual with a Samurai who has refused to forgive her..

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #941
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony is surprised to see Shadow Echo suddenly interested so much by her prophecy. He seemed so uninterested before. Their enthousiasm actually rebuke her even more but she is a rationnal pony. She massage her temple: " One moment... let me think."

In her mind, she ask if they need help with that. She can warn Starswirl to go find them right away if needed.

She think for some more and sigh. She realized the librarian actually holded their breath almost the whole time: " Alright... but I will not say it word for word. It involve some sensible information I don't want to reveal afterward. It say my daughter will create or be the first of a royal guard army, loyal to a benevolent and kind-hearted member of the royalty. Considering I married a bat pony, its a safe bet that it say my daughter will be a bat pony... and not a unicorn," she say, a bit disappointed. She take a deep breath and sigh before continuing: " And that royal guards will be in charge of guarding her during the night. Considering how bat ponies easily can be nocturnal, it makes sense. Its a good decision. "

She makes sure to say its for a benevolent Emperess, both to not say its for Luna and to reassure them its not to be guards for a tyrant... The prophecy itself don't mention Luna but the bat ponies doesnt have a royalty system and she swear her loyalty to protect Luna and Celestia. She don't see why they would be loyal to anyone else but Luna... She suddenly realize that she should correct herself, Luna and Celestia.

12. - Top - End - #942

You've touched upon something magnificent! Social ostracism is a truly underrated method of maintaining order! One that does not require the heavy hoof of royalty to enforce! A shame it is being used to enforce such a disagreeable social structure.

However your insight once again pierces the veil of the unknowable! Should words spoken illuminate a skepticism of aristocracy utterly divorced from personal tragedy, falsehoods, they shall be! I was born within the House of Rockefeller, the filly of a humble maid! The Baron and his family were exemplars of malice of cruelty! I...shall spare you the details, however the extent to which my mom and I suffered upon their malevolence cannot be underestimated! Furthermore, what form of justice could we count on? The courts, the nobility controlled? Who would believe the story of a lowly servant to a great Baron!? She said, rather relaxed about it. It bore within me an enmity against those that would call themselves my superior, by accident of birth, rather than my expressed consent! Indeed, I hold no opposition to the concept of hierarchy, at all! To do so would be to call my relationship with a doctor, to treat my malady, a form of evil! She giggled at the thought. Once another House took pity upon my mother and took her in, allowing us to escape the abuse of the Rockefellers, I learned not all nobility to be cruel savages! Indeed, the Duke of Nor and his family, my mom's new employer, were exemplars of kindness and generosity! Regarding their staff as family! They helped me through my...history, I shall say! I was most terrified at first, conditioned to expect retribution for slights imagined! A year passed before I absolved myself of such fright, and yet another, before I developed the flamboyant, splendid facade before you all, today! She exclaimed with a flourish, holding pose for a minute, before seemingly relaxing. Her mane deflating somewhat, as her smile falls. She looked...normal.

It's a defense mechanism. She then visibly inflated, again. Smiling.

Which makes our duty to dear Celestia here, so critical! Tailwind exclaims, gently patting Celestia's head. She is marked for greatness, in ways I am not at liberty to speak! Thus, shall I impress upon her and her sister, the value of reason! Logic! And Virtue! Wisdom, Temperance, Humility, Cheer, Altriusm, and Love!

I will confess, there are many days I doubt myself, for how necessary it truly is! For such wonderful fillies, they already are!
    Tailwind smiles to Celestia.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Troll in the Playground

"What a lack of imagination! I cant believe someone would try pretty cheap tactics against a lower caster as myself. Well, I am not inthis job just for the show. Let me prove it to you." BubbleGuard replies with a daring tone and a smirk on his face. Without the need for any time, he creates a second bubble on top of his barrier. "My barrier will not break. I can promise you that much."

Spoiler: Casting time!
    Show

Bubble Transport Spell

TN: 12- (2d6)[4] = TN 8
    Rolling to cast: (2d6+3)[11]

BubbleGuard began to float up in the air with the power of the second bubble. "This shield doesnt break that easily." he taunts his opponent.
    Last edited by DaOldeWolf; 2019-03-08 at 07:07 PM.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

14. - Top - End - #944

BardGuy

"I'd be happy to." She beamed. "It'd be good to actually get to work. I've spent far too much time travelling as opposed to anything productive. It will be good to lift a hammer."

15. - Top - End - #945
    Titan in the Playground

Show

Sweet Echo:
    'I... think so. Bubble Guard actually seems.. to have fun.'

The librarians looking quite shocked.
    'You have married an oni?!'

Starswirl has rolled his eyes.
    'It.. doesn't make any sense!' the librarians trot around, flipping pages through the records.

'That.. is.. intresting.' Starswirl said. 'Considering it was written centuries ago. Does it have.. more details? Do you think... the prophecies here are the real thing? Not another knock off ruber duck?'

Show

Celestia folded her ears, sadly listening to Tailwind's story.
    she blushed a bit. 'I don't know if this is true...'

Dokobashi nodded, and placed a sympathic hoof over Tailwind's shoulder.
    'When ponies betray their divine mandate, terrible things could happen. In our faith, justice is beyond the control of us mortals- Karma, will send Rockfeller into life of servitude and abuse in his next reincarnation. While your noble soul will reincarnate into royalty. Maybe me and you, are not so different, despite our origin kingdoms and the fact, I wasn't painted by karma.'

Dokobashi bowed her head. Your pain has pushed you to enlightment... it seems, that more then what ponies can teach you, you can teach them. And donkeys too of course.'

Dokobashi looked at Celestia. 'This.. is quite intresting. It might means that both the Empress and the Ceremony Minister misunderstood the prophecy. Be wary... they might have ideas about Celestia, if that the case.'
    Celestia looked scared. 'What kind of ideas?'
    Dokobashi looked away. 'Not something I am allowed to speak about. Just... be careful.'

Show

The timber and cherry petals dragon was bounced off from the new bubble.
    Sweet Echo has opened, closed and opened her mouth, and then squeaked with excitment fluttering out of excitment. Her squeak echo into Bubble Guard and encourage him.
    "Cheap?! CHEAP!! The Samurai roared enraged. "What is cheap, is your bubble of cowardice! Fight me with honor!" She bark.

The timber and cherry petals dragon attacked again- but breaking it's claws and fangs against the double shield.
    The Samurai charged forward, and again engulfed her katana in flames, levitating it to.. stab and burn the timber and petal dragon which wrapped itself around the bubble, engulfing it in flames, with smoke with smell of burnt cherries.
    The fire didn't broken the bubble, but it's heat is unbarable. It seems like she is attempting to cook Bubble Guard inside of his bubble!

Spoiler: Shadow Lock
    Show

"Wonderful!" River Soul has smiled with excitment.
    "Then I shall take you to the place."
    He closed his eyes, and his horn glowed with magic.
    ",What is a place? If not where the wind blow you over?"
    Both of them are engulfed in chill winds and for a second Shadow Lock can see a ghastly figure of a dragon- and they have teleported.

They were now at the eastren bank of the river which crossed the city- long river which extened and splitted to mark the boundaries of the empire.

This part of the city was more... humble.

Old small houses, which could easily be called huts, an old donkey picking the trash looking apathic to the pair of the ponies which the wind has brougjt here.

Beggars, ponies and donkeys alike, sat in rows shaking bowls, with very few coins which jingled and danced rather cheerfully.

Bunch of teen ponies, passed. All of them whore white muzzle masks which exposed their eyes. They alslo all wore red scarfes and all levitated clubs and chains.

But around the river, there were simply a junkyard. And trash slipped into the river.
    "What do you think?" River Soul has asked.
    It was jn the outskirts of the city, toward the rest of the empire.

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #946
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard literally is weating as he faces the fire from his opponent´s attacks. "I wont budge! Not even an inch!" BubbleGuard declares with a roar of determination. Still, words wouldnt be enough to deal with this situation. He had to put a stop to this. He slowly though of something that might be of help. Still, the though of harming the opponent never crosses his mind. "Lets measure your own capabilities when dealing with a dire situation."

Spoiler
    Show

TN:12- (2d6)[2]=10
    (2d6+3)[11]

Edit: Wow, just barely made it.

BubbleGuard blows two flying bubbles. The first should grab the samurái by his hind leg and pull him up on the air. The second one is to grab and snatch the sword the momento his opponent opens his mouth in surprise of the other bubble pulling him up. He imagined that by the combined efforst of being disarmed and being put in a pretty scary position, he would surrender. BubbleGuard was afterall running low on magic himself. He needed to make this work.
    Last edited by DaOldeWolf; 2019-03-15 at 07:26 PM.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

17. - Top - End - #947

Do not sell yourself short! Tailwind exclaimed to Celestia, giving her a quick hug.

How frustrating! The 'prophecy' was revealed unto them, and as is your shared faith, they cannot doubt its inevitability! Yet we stumble about in ignorance and blindness unable to ascertain their intent, yet alone motivation!

18. - Top - End - #948
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony aura become colder then winter: " Bat ponies AREN'T onis. You even have no idea how your presomptions are insulting. "

She turn to Master Starswirl: " They are enigmatic but enough clear to understand the general meaning. Even more if you are the one pony it is destined for. It should be clearler for her Master Starswirl then it is for you, if it follow the same general idea. "

19. - Top - End - #949
    Titan in the Playground

[Bubble Guard]
    Spoiler
    Show

Sweet Echo shivered in fear and horror for Bubble's well being.
    Bubble Guard's spell caught the Samurai out of guard: She was used for telekensis, and element based spells. But it seems like, she never faced bubbles.
    The first one grabbed the Samurai by her hind leg. She screamed in shock and horror, her focus has weakened.
    One of the bubbles have snatched her katana from her telekentic grasp.
    Also her focus on the spell has been broken, and the burning dragon fell to burning pieces which Sweet Echo stoped, by quickly stomping on each of them, preventing the garden from catching fire.
    Maybe ironicly, the very helmet Sweet Echo has stolen and gave back fell from the Samurai's head right before Sweet Echo's legs.
    "Let me go!" The Samurai squirmed. "I cannot fight without my katana!" She yelled and then, her eyes has widened. "I... have.. lost?"
    "Yes! You did!" Sweet Echo claimed and maybe used her power...
    "...I... admit defeat. You have won, even without lifting a sword of your own."
    The crowd stared shocked.

Tailwind
    Spoiler
    Show

Celestia smiled, but still looked worried.
    Dokobashi bowed her head and folded her ears. "I understand your frustration. But I am not allowed to speak more of the matter. My loyalty to my Masters come before my sympathy toward you. And maybe ignorance will be safer for you- those are very sensitive times for the Empire. We might be on brink of a Civil War... I must let masters have the knowledge controled by their wisdom. Such is Karma." She paused. "I think I have duties to attend to. Anything else I can serve you, before we part out ways for a short while?"

[B]Tea Agony[lB]
    Spoiler
    Show

The librarians looked hungry and needed, and also scared of Tea Agony.
    "We are sorry, Mistress Of Agony." They chirped.

Starswirl:"Well, they seems to be willing to give a lot in exchange. Shouldn't we at least give chance for negotation?' He has asked.

"Also... what do you mean bat ponies aren't Onis? They aren't one of the three tribes either." The librarians were excited and spoke together completing each other.
    "They also have clear demonic aspects- sharp pupils, leathery wings, and fangs of predators!"
    "Also, the one known as Sweet Echo is rumored to have magical enhanced seducation powers!"

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #950
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard slowly descends everything and then dispels them when both are near the floor. "Well, then. I will say this is over. Now, that everyone knows that I wont let anyone hurt my people, we can leave. Lets go, Sweet Echo. We have finished our duty here." replied BubbleGuard in a dignified tone. It was probably time to reunite with the rest. Even though he felt a bit weak, he moved forward as if nothing had happened.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

21. - Top - End - #951
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony roll her eyes: " Your nation has being isolated for far too long. The three great tribes arent the only ones respected as equal. Donkey and mules are respected just as much as pegasis, unicorn and earth ponies outside your walls. As for bat ponies... they are a small tribe that has mutated thanks to a mysterious meteor who fallen on their lands. The pegasis who discovered it actually fused their essences with the bats that had took refuse in the meteorite, becoming the bat ponies. It was only because of the meteorite properties that they became as such and it wasnt a voluntary change. And before you ask, their tribe is isolated and they wish, for the most part, to stay as such. That's obviously because of Too much prejudice from the outside world but they are very welcoming to ponies who accept them as they are. "

22. - Top - End - #952

That will not be necessary, though your concern is much appreciated! She smiled.

Dear Celestia, do you require anything?

23. - Top - End - #953
    Titan in the Playground

Show

'Bubbly Dooo!" Sweet Echo chripped and fanfillied over Bubble Guard, and flew at Bubble Guard hugging and kissing with admire.
    The Kirin Ponies have cleared the way, staring with awe. This is an event they most certainly will remember.
    Sweet Echo clinged to Bubble Guard. "This was amazing! Eep!"
    Her praises turned into an excited squeeks, that probably meant something in bat laungauge.

"So... this is tale of the Turtle Warrior..." said an elder noble looking pony while writing on a scroll, "The Warrior Who Defeats By Holding Tight To His Love..."

Sweet Echo kept squeaking in excitment.
    After asking servants and guards you find your way to your guest rooms.
    They humble in furniture, but clean and with decoartive walls made of papers with painted Cherry Blossomian Folk Tales.
    There are tatamis(thin matresses) short desk, and calligraphy tools.
    You guess if she was "deaf" pony, she would screamed- but she simply kept squeeking on and on, and motioning a lot with her hooves miming your battle.

Show

Celestia shook her head. "Thank you, for the meal Ms.Dokobashi. It was... intresting and educating."
    Dokobashi blushed, and giggled covering her mouth.
    "I am a leech. It's not aproriate for me, to be called this way!"
    Celestia smiled. "I think this is very aproriate. Shall we go Tailwind?" She has asked sweetly.

You said farewells, and turned back to the guest rooms, where you find Bubble Guard, and Sweet Echo squeaking and motioning with an excitment, mimicing a battle?"

Ooc: Tailwind, Celestia, Bubble Guard and Sweet Echo are now in the guest rooms together.

Show

""Oh. So a star from heavens has cursed them."
    "How intresting." They talked with an excitment and wrote notes.
    "Is your offspring cursed as well?" They have asked.

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Tea Agony roll her eyes: " My little foal is an healthy bat pony yes. I wouldnt consider it cursed though, its just the race he ended up with. I am sure my next one..." She hesitate, thinking back at the prophecy. She look away: " I am sure I am going to give birth to a Unicorn eventually. Or any three tribe member for that matter, I never knew who was my father."

25. - Top - End - #955
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGurad enjoyed the brief moment allowed for the two. Still, it was time to leave and reunite with the others. Hopefully, they had amore peaceful evening than them. "Lets go, Sweet Echo! The rest must be waiting for us." BubbleGuard proclaims with a face full of satisfaction.

When the two return, the start by greeting the rest of the group. his smile disappears when he hears the discrimination against his firend´s foal.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

26. - Top - End - #956

BardGuy

"I'll get started immediately then!" She beamed. As she flittered down and began co-ordinating with the Cherry Blossom steel workers about what she'll need to get started.

27. - Top - End - #957

A thousand pardons, Exalted God-Emperor! Tailwind said to Bubble Guard, as her and Celestia came upon the two of them. And my apologies to you as well, Sweet Echo! Did I stumble upon something?

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

[Shadow Lock]

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: You haven't answered my PM. Is everything ok? Are you still enaged in the story? What can I do to make it fun for you? Your reply is a bit hard to work with, you seemed more enthusiastic before.

IC:
    'Very well then. I'll be back by sundown then, you can hire anypony, using my name, promise what ever salary is needed.' River Soul said and got teleported. But beside the steel, you need labour workers to do the job of the building.
    Ponies are staring at you.

Tailwind&Bubble Guard
    Spoiler
    Show

There are three bedrooms prepared for you, you may split as you wish. Also the noon, is turning into late afternoon.
    Celestia gasped. 'Were you.. kissing?'
    Sweet Echo 'Sure!' and pecked Bubble Guard's cheek with a humm. 'And not at all, Tailwind! I was just praising Exalted God-Emperor Bubbly Doo!"
    She shaked with fanfillying. 'I... was trying to give everything I stole back, but one Samurai wanted me to pay, by letting her cut me down, but then-" she hopped, and eeeped. " Exalted God-Emperor Bubbly Doo, called for a dual! And this was amazing! He didn't even harmed her! She kept sending those huge elemental dragons, but they did nothing to Exalted God-Emperor Bubbly Doo! And she admitted defeat! Bubbly Doo is a HERO!"

Tea Agony
    Spoiler
    Show

The scholars have exchanged glances. It was clear, that admitting being fatherless was unheard off in this Empire. 'This is intresting.'
    'Tell us more. Please!"

Starswirl shook his head. 'Now it's your turn to pay us in some way."
    Shadows Echo Into Dreams and Visions looked hesitated. 'If you will give us the prophecy, we can give you a copy of the prophecy that might lead to civil war here, and to the situation you were forced to be part of.'

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #959
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard rubs with his hoof behind his neck shyly. "It wasnt that great. I just did what needed to be done. " BubbleGuard replies trying to hide his emotions about the situationl It wasnt every day that hereceived praise for a job well done and he wasnt reallyued to somepony making a big deal out of it."Anyway, how where things on your side, Miss Tailwind?"
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

30. - Top - End - #960

You did what?! Tailwind asked, surprised at Bubble Guard. That is...amazing! Genuinely! I would tip my hat to you, but I must regretfully inform you of my current hat-deficit!

As for me, well...
    She hesitated, not sure how to put this without giving off too much information. I overheard the rulers MAAAAY have already beheld the prophecy of dear Celestia, and perhaps have misinterpreted it!