New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Worm 2 is on the way

Spoiler: Pitch 6.8
    Show
    I think what threw off Tattletale's calculations is Snag dying. She didn't know they'd get a vision at that time, and I think that's what pushed Cradle to reject Tattletale's offer.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Spoiler: Pitch 6.8
    Show
    I think what threw off Tattletale's calculations is Snag dying. She didn't know they'd get a vision at that time, and I think that's what pushed Cradle to reject Tattletale's offer.
    Sounds plausible, considering how her power works.

Spoiler: Pitch 6.9
    Show
    Okay, those Boston capes really made me want to hit kill them.
    Alone the names*. And the costumes.
    Seriously, the description was enough to make me go ".... this. I'm going villain."

And the Fallen blew up the portals. That's... most likely not good.
    Makes it easier for enemies to get through.
    Also, people might've been hurt. Important people. Like Yamada. Or some capes. Or- possibly worst of all citizens of other Earths.
    I mean, we already had those theocracy guys threaten war should one of their touriss stub their toe while visiting the City.

So yeah, in classic Worm style things are about to hit rock bottom just for some clowns to engage the drill.

*Sure, as we learned in Worm most of the good ones are taken, but that's no excuse for those abominations.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Eclipse was a real breath of fresh air, and it really underlines the fact that Ward's biggest problem is Victoria being about as interesting as a bowl of stale Wheaties, sans milk.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Eclipse was a real breath of fresh air, and it really underlines the fact that Ward's biggest problem is Victoria being about as interesting as a bowl of stale Wheaties, sans milk.
    I still don’t get why you hate Victoria so much. She has a ton going on and as been a great first person narrator so far.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    I still don’t get why you hate Victoria so much. She has a ton going on and as been a great first person narrator so far.
    She has NOTHING going on. We're 7 arcs in and no progress as far as her character has been made. Negative progress, if anything; she's backslid toward Worm Victoria in a couple of ways, even.

She has no motivation, isn't working toward anything, her lookout toward her only pseudo-goal is pessimistic and more focused on damage control than anything, and in general she exists as a vehicle to give the plot an excuse to focus on the primary characters (everyone else in Team Caramel Friendship) without giving away the game by being inside their heads.

She sits contrary to every other Wildbow protagonist, and sometimes change isn't good.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

I have nothing against Victoria, but honestly, I'm more fascinated in most other elements of the team. I'd probably prioritize my curiosity/interest in the following order:

Damsel
    Rain
    Kenzie
    Sveta
    Victoria
    Chris
    Tristan/Bryce

The PoV of the first two are fascinating and complex, Kenzie's fulla potential for whenever the wheels come off, Sveta is a fun char without nearly enough spotlight time considering her rather impressive murderspree numbers. The two below Victoria are a little one note. I'm a little curious as to what else is hinted to be going on with Chris, but as a character, he's pretty predictable. Tristan/Bryce basically are second tier characters with only a single real problem to work out. It's a big one, but if it goes away, they basically cease to be interesting altogether.