New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Year of the yuri harem IC 16 "Things Fall Apart"

Tanya and her mom arrived to the courthouse just a little behind Mal's family, and she spotted her girlfriend already meeting up with the others. "Yo guys!" she called as she approached, waving. "We all about ready to head in?"

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Weak Luck -1, -2 Deep Freeze, -2 Faustian Pact = -5 total.

Really want to take advantage of my Down and Dirty charge and nab those 3 points, but between Deep Freeze and the Pact Allure is actually a little rough, and Skill is out of character. Bah...
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Kristi sees P'ro'shi struggling and rushes over to lend some unfortunately meager assistance. "I can't lift much, but surely I can help lighten your load a bit..." she insists, making a grab for some of the bags and cases.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Conflict. Weak roll -1, total -1. Faustian Pact on P'ro'shi.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #423
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Looking at her friend, Taika simply offers her hand to Jen. ”Ready?”
    Spoiler
    Show
    Allure (+1), Witch (+2)
    Unfortunately Jen doesn't really seem to hear you, that's because.

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Mallory had been talking non-stop for most of the ride to the courthouse, and even walking up the steps to meet with the rest of the group she was not pausing. As the narrator stated, this was a rather exciting moment for her, which spilled over into her tone and body language.

"...and that was why in 1942, it as decided that this courthouse would be the main one for the entire county," Mallory was saying to Agatha as her family (and Catherine) got within earshot of Jen, "Considering it's location in relation to all the others, it only made sense."

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Strong Skill (+1), Fiendish Cunning (+2), Faustian Pact (+2), +5 total
    Catherine is following up happily. "Although Southington keeps protesting that having only the Centralington courthouse, isn't them being judged by a jury of their peers. Higher courts keep shooting down their complaints because it's transparent they just want to at best, assault gays, far more often try to kill." Catherine remarks.

Oh god, what is she doing here? Jen remarked.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Tanya and her mom arrived to the courthouse just a little behind Mal's family, and she spotted her girlfriend already meeting up with the others. "Yo guys!" she called as she approached, waving. "We all about ready to head in?"

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Weak Luck -1, -2 Deep Freeze, -2 Faustian Pact = -5 total.

Really want to take advantage of my Down and Dirty charge and nab those 3 points, but between Deep Freeze and the Pact Allure is actually a little rough, and Skill is out of character. Bah...
    That's when Tanya trips on a piece of cobblestone, falling flat on her face.

Tami laughs, but if you don't snark or move instantly, starts panicking. "Oh god, oh god, Tanya please be okay!"

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Kristi sees P'ro'shi struggling and rushes over to lend some unfortunately meager assistance. "I can't lift much, but surely I can help lighten your load a bit..." she insists, making a grab for some of the bags and cases.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Conflict. Weak roll -1, total -1. Faustian Pact on P'ro'shi.
    But Kristi is a aid. With her muscles from yoga, and her DARK magic.....

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    "Jeese, what's the in these suitcases, Luna? I mean, I get some paperwork or a laptop, but this seems more than that..." The squid staggers as it helps carry what appear to be several cases of....she wasn't quiet sure yet. While additional limbs may help carry more, they do seem to exaggerate her already low center of gravity, leading to her more appropriately sluggish pace.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Neutral Conflict
    P'ro'shi takes these suitcases and carries them somewhere else!

Just some essentials. Spare clothes so in case if Mara's lawyer tries anything they can change, but only Jen would be willing to tell me her size, so I have a few guesses for everyone else. Luna starts.

Does that answer your questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"She has a case today as well," Mallory stated, ignoring Catherine's comment.

However, her demeanor instantly changes once Tanya trips. She rushes over to the girl's side and grabs her arm to hep her up, "Tanya! Are you okay? What's hurting?"

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    P'ro'shi takes these suitcases and carries them somewhere else!

Just some essentials. Spare clothes so in case if Mara's lawyer tries anything they can change, but only Jen would be willing to tell me her size, so I have a few guesses for everyone else. Luna starts.

Does that answer your questions.
    "Tries anythin-what the devil would happen in a court requiring backup clothes?"

6. - Top - End - #426

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    "Tries anythin-what the devil would happen in a court requiring backup clothes?"
    Look, I leave things alone and they fall apart, so.... Luna replies.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

That's when Tanya trips on a piece of cobblestone, falling flat on her face.

Tami laughs, but if you don't snark or move instantly, starts panicking. "Oh god, oh god, Tanya please be okay!"
    "She has a case today as well," Mallory stated, ignoring Catherine's comment.

However, her demeanor instantly changes once Tanya trips. She rushes over to the girl's side and grabs her arm to hep her up, "Tanya! Are you okay? What's hurting?"
    Tanya didn't move or speak instantly - aside from the shout of surprise and pain when she initially hit the ground, and softer groans of pain after. She gratefully let Mal help her up when her girlfriend rushed over to her. "Ach.... well, little of everything, but arms'n nose are probably the worst of it," she replied to Mal's question. "Don't know what the f*** happened there, so I only half caught myself on the way down..."

She moved one hand to gingerly touch her nose, testing how it felt. The answer to which was very painful, but intact. "Well, don't think it's broken, so I guess I caught myself enough. Still, that's gonna leave some bruises for sure," she said.

Her mom had moved over to her side as quickly as Mal, and was looking her over and asking similar questions to make sure her daughter was okay and didn't need to be taken anywhere. At the end of it, the worst of it seemed to be skinned knees and a skinned elbow, and plenty of sore spots. "You're lucky, dear - a fall like that on hard concrete could have been much worse," she said, getting some pain medicine out of her purse and handing it to Tanya. "Some acetaminophen will help with the pain for now. We should get to a restroom and rinse those skinned knees and the elbow to make sure they don't get infected though. And I'll get you an ice pack if you feel any swelling from your nose."

Tanya looked away from both her mom and Mal, a bit embarrassed to be doted on like this in front of her girlfriend, but took the medicine and nodded. "Yeah, guess we should do that..." she acknowledged.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Would have this be worse considering how bad that luck roll was, but don't want this to turn into Tanya spending parting of the episode off at a doctor's office or hospital while everyone else does the normal stuff, which it definitely would if she were hurt worse than this and her mom was around.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"That's a relief," Mallory said, hesitant to let go of Tanya despite this, "If you want, Jennifer could probably heal you up before we go in. Unfortunately, I myself am not much good with healing magic."

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

"That's a relief," Mallory said, hesitant to let go of Tanya despite this, "If you want, Jennifer could probably heal you up before we go in. Unfortunately, I myself am not much good with healing magic."
    ”I have a basic, disinfecting salve, if that would do.”
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

”I have a basic, disinfecting salve, if that would do.”
    "R-right, I always forget about that for some reason..." Tanya remarks when Mal brings up Jen's healing magic. "Th-though, um, it's really no big, no need to bother her over it if she don't wanna... I'm sure once the acetaminophen kicks in, I'll feel okay," she remarked, remembering how Jen was always hesitant to use her healing magic.

At Taika's offer, Mrs. Trinity turned to the vampire girl and replied, "Well, I'm not really familiar with magic salves, but that sounds like it would. We'd just want to apply it to the scraped parts of her knees and elbow, to prevent infections." Tanya winced and looked away again at that, but didn't protest.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2018-04-07 at 09:12 PM.

11. - Top - End - #431

Bother me about what? Jen pipes up pulling her head up from her phone.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Bother me about what? Jen pipes up pulling her head up from her phone.
    "Healing Tanya," Mallory replied, "Her injuries are thankfully minor though, so she could be fine with just the disinfectant."

She then asked Taika, "Is this going to sting?"

13. - Top - End - #433

"Healing Tanya," Mallory replied, "Her injuries are thankfully minor though, so she could be fine with just the disinfectant."

Probably, even if it could possibly not, they often make it because now we associate the sting with disinfecting. Jen remarks walking over.

Want me to cure you, Tanya? Jen asks.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

”Not really. Numb for a few seconds, then fine. There’s no peroxide or alcohol.”
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2018-04-07 at 11:34 PM.

Show

15. - Top - End - #435

”Not really. Numb for a few seconds, then fine. There’s no peroxide or alcohol.”
    Oh. Do witches not deal with the placebo effect? Jen asked.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Oh. Do witches not deal with the placebo effect? Jen asked.
    ”We do, but we also test and retest old recipes. Placebos get screened out pretty well.”

Show

17. - Top - End - #437

”We do, but we also test and retest old recipes. Placebos get screened out pretty well.”
    But like human meds, actually use the placebo effect to increase the effect. Jen explains.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

But like human meds, actually use the placebo effect to increase the effect. Jen explains.
    ”Sure. We just prefer reliability.”

Show

19. - Top - End - #439

”Sure. We just prefer reliability.”
    That's..... okay that's fair enough. Jen admits.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

Probably, even if it could possibly not, they often make it because now we associate the sting with disinfecting. Jen remarks walking over.

Want me to cure you, Tanya? Jen asks.
    Tanya blinked in slight surprise, but quickly nodded to Jen. "Uh, y-yeah, s-sure. I-If you're offerin', I-I ain't gonna say no," she replied. Then remarked to her mom, "I've seen her heal other people before, Dove's good at this. I'm sure I'll be all set if she does her thing," to which her mother nodded and simply said "Alright," though she stayed quite close to watch what happened.

21. - Top - End - #441

Tanya blinked in slight surprise, but quickly nodded to Jen. "Uh, y-yeah, s-sure. I-If you're offerin', I-I ain't gonna say no," she replied. Then remarked to her mom, "I've seen her heal other people before, Dove's good at this. I'm sure I'll be all set if she does her thing," to which her mother nodded and simply said "Alright," though she stayed quite close to watch what happened.
    Jen pulls herself to Tanya's side and places a hand on her waist, concentrating as Tanya's wounds knit up.

How are you feeling? Jen remarks.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

Jen pulls herself to Tanya's side and places a hand on her waist, concentrating as Tanya's wounds knit up.

How are you feeling? Jen remarks.
    Tanya mostly managed to hold in a gasp as Jen's hand went to her waist rather than one of her wounds - she had not been expecting that. Fleetingly, she wondered if she was blushing, and really hoped that she wasn't, with Mal right there...

It was a strange sensation, feeling's Jen's magic course through her and mend her wounds, but far from an unpleasant one. As Jen finished and asked her question, Tanya's hand went not to her scrapes, but to her nose, which had hurt like hell a moment ago, but now felt fine. And putting a little pressure on it wasn't changing that. Nor did putting a lot of pressure on it. Damn, if that was all better, she didn't even need to check the skinned knees! "Great!" she answered. "I-I mean, geez, I sh-shoulda known, I've s-seen you heal m-much worse'n th-that before, b-but it's a whole 'nother th-thing bein' the one bein' h-healed m-myself," she remarked happily if haltingly.

23. - Top - End - #443

Tanya mostly managed to hold in a gasp as Jen's hand went to her waist rather than one of her wounds - she had not been expecting that. Fleetingly, she wondered if she was blushing, and really hoped that she wasn't, with Mal right there...

It was a strange sensation, feeling's Jen's magic course through her and mend her wounds, but far from an unpleasant one. As Jen finished and asked her question, Tanya's hand went not to her scrapes, but to her nose, which had hurt like hell a moment ago, but now felt fine. And putting a little pressure on it wasn't changing that. Nor did putting a lot of pressure on it. Damn, if that was all better, she didn't even need to check the skinned knees! "Great!" she answered. "I-I mean, geez, I sh-shoulda known, I've s-seen you heal m-much worse'n th-that before, b-but it's a whole 'nother th-thing bein' the one bein' h-healed m-myself," she remarked happily if haltingly.
    Are you okay Tanya? Jen asks concerned.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Are you okay Tanya? Jen asks concerned.
    Tanya winced, having become uncomfortably aware of her stammering and hoping Jen wouldn't notice. She never much seemed to have back when they first met. She quietly took a breath and replied, "Y-yeah, of course. Just said that, didn't I? All healed."

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"You heard her," Mallory said, her tone suddenly icy, "She's fine. You can take your hands off her now."

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

"You heard her," Mallory said, her tone suddenly icy, "She's fine. You can take your hands off her now."
    ”Why the salt, Mal? I thought the correct response was ‘Thank you Jen for helping my girlfriend.’”

Show

27. - Top - End - #447

Tanya winced, having become uncomfortably aware of her stammering and hoping Jen wouldn't notice. She never much seemed to have back when they first met. She quietly took a breath and replied, "Y-yeah, of course. Just said that, didn't I? All healed."
    Wanted to make sure the pain was all gone. Just because the bruise isn't noticeable doesn't mean it doesn't hurt when pressed. Jen remarks.

O..... Okay then? Jen remarks clearly confused.

”Why the salt, Mal? I thought the correct response was ‘Thank you Jen for helping my girlfriend.’”
    Maybe she likes how broken it is?

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"It's not that I'm not grateful," Mallory snaps, "But did she really have to put her hands there?"

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

"It's not that I'm not grateful," Mallory snaps, "But did she really have to put her hands there?"
    ”It’s just her waist. She didn’t feel her up or anything.”

Show

30. - Top - End - #450

Well yeah, it's best to heal multiple wounds in the center. And I went with literal and not metaphorical because I figured it was inappropriate to place a hand on Tanya's chest. Jen pipes up.

”It’s just her waist. She didn’t feel her up or anything.”
    See! Jen remarks.