New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Re: Erfworld 74, Page 68

*bah* wrong thread
    Last edited by Stonedef; 2007-08-30 at 09:39 AM.
    "ummm... that was our last Cleric... anyone know CPR?"

2. - Top - End - #212
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hmm, am i'm the only one who think that Erfworld lost a lot of interest during the last few updates?

1.) It was perfectly clear that the trap for Ansom would fail, because that would have ended the conflict.
    There was no climax there.

2.) Parson -the Protagonist- lost much of his strategic-reputation.
    Not that he failed in his trap attempt, no he vitaly crippeld his own forces by letting them open for counterattack. Just as he was showing some good strategic skills, making this Comic really interesting. His Situation was dire before it doesn't had to get more desperate..

It was a gamble and he didn't consult Wanda beforehand so he never asked her what Jillian would do in such a situation.. so he could only have guessed the outcome.
    That is pretty weak for someone who is the only hope for Stanley.

Now he has no backup plans if his troops are getting killed. If it would have been that critical to lose the forces he should have done otherwise.

3.) If the Dwagons die the "game" is over. So either there will be a plot turn that will prevent that or an unkown ally will mysteriosly appear to save the day.

4.) Furthermore has the story shown us that Stanley is just plain stupid. How did he come to power? There is no hint how he could have pulled anything at all.

I must say Erfworld has gone down the drain since this whole "trap"-Thing startet.
    The story now deconstructs Parson. He is no longer a good Strategist

He is just a normal guy. No Hero and no good Warlord.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gabenbringer View Post
    Hmm, am i'm the only one who think that Erfworld lost a lot of interest during the last few updates?

1.) It was perfectly clear that the trap for Ansom would fail, because that would have ended the conflict.
    There was no climax there.

2.) Parson -the Protagonist- lost much of his strategic-reputation.
    Not that he failed in his trap attempt, no he vitaly crippeld his own forces by letting them open for counterattack. Just as he was showing some good strategic skills, making this Comic really interesting. His Situation was dire before it doesn't had to get more desperate..

It was a gamble and he didn't consult Wanda beforehand so he never asked her what Jillian would do in such a situation.. so he could only have guessed the outcome.
    That is pretty weak for someone who is the only hope for Stanley.

Now he has no backup plans if his troops are getting killed. If it would have been that critical to lose the forces he should have done otherwise.

3.) If the Dwagons die the "game" is over. So either there will be a plot turn that will prevent that or an unkown ally will mysteriosly appear to save the day.

4.) Furthermore has the story shown us that Stanley is just plain stupid. How did he come to power? There is no hint how he could have pulled anything at all.

I must say Erfworld has gone down the drain since this whole "trap"-Thing startet.
    The story now deconstructs Parson. He is no longer a good Strategist

He is just a normal guy. No Hero and no good Warlord.
    Now, see, you've got it backwards. After blundering into Parson's trap and getting most of his siege destroyed, Ansom took a gigantic chance by sending his fliers in a random direction hoping to find the wounded stack. (as far as I know. Did he have an informant?) If he picked the wrong spot, the entire game was booped for him.

Parson's plan wasn't flawed. It was really just bad luck.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have just two words for Erfworld:
    God Mode.

-Parson
    Have you ever considered that such a convenient solution doesn't exist in the real world?

-Raine Sage

"We are the people our parents warned us about..."- Jimmy Buffett
    The Generica Chronicles

4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi927 View Post
    Now, see, you've got it backwards. After blundering into Parson's trap and getting most of his siege destroyed, Ansom took a gigantic chance by sending his fliers in a random direction hoping to find the wounded stack. (as far as I know. Did he have an informant?) If he picked the wrong spot, the entire game was booped for him.

Parson's plan wasn't flawed. It was really just bad luck.
    I disagree. Ansom knew the dwagons were close, which meant that there were only a few hexes they could be hiding in. Assuming Ansom instructed her to approach from the lake side, then she was bound to pass over two lake hexes on her way to him. If the dwagons were placed in one of the farther lake hexes then it turns out to be 50-50 odds that she would stumble into them, everything else being equal. However, Parson should have placed the dwagons in the lake hex that was farthest from Jillian—he said she was a threat—but such things are not always possible. It's not as if he would logically consider planning to avoid her stumbling into them, either. Vinnie could just as easily have found them with his bats and then vectored her in to the right hex if not for Ansom's assumption that the dwagons were concealed.

Jillian stumbled into them because Parson had left them on the obvious approach path. Minus points for Parson, but it's hard to imagine Jillian flying in blind using Parsons imperfect knowledge: veiling of troops. Had he known about that little trick and its bat-nullifying effect then he might have moved the troops to the farther hex, assuming that was even possible.

In any event, he can try to blame Wanda all he wants but I still call it his fault. He knew Jillian was a threat but he took the chance. That being said, I'll repeat my comment that 61% is too close to even odds for this combat not to be very bloody for both sides, no matter who wins.
    Illimir orc monk avatar by yours, truly. He seems to be looking for his cigarettes.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Anyone notice that she didnt say "Open the front door and the me at the warlords"?

She said warlord, as in singular. Minor oversite by the authors, an indication while he left the wounded dwagons in one stack, he may not have left all the warlords in that stack? What if Parson left 2 warlords in with the ring dragons? In that scenario, he would have a seriously reduced Dwagon force, but he'd still have quite a few, and the warlords to continue the attack on the siege units.

Nah, looking further back it seems there are indications that all 3 warlords are in that stack. Well, it will interesting to see how the story develops.
    Last edited by lazyT; 2007-08-30 at 08:37 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vreejack View Post
    I disagree. Ansom knew the dwagons were close, which meant that there were only a few hexes they could be hiding in. Assuming Ansom instructed her to approach from the lake side, then she was bound to pass over two lake hexes on her way to him. If the dwagons were placed in one of the farther lake hexes then it turns out to be 50-50 odds that she would stumble into them, everything else being equal. However, Parson should have placed the dwagons in the lake hex that was farthest from Jillian—he said she was a threat—but such things are not always possible. It's not as if he would logically consider planning to avoid her stumbling into them, either. Vinnie could just as easily have found them with his bats and then vectored her in to the right hex if not for Ansom's assumption that the dwagons were concealed.

Jillian stumbled into them because Parson had left them on the obvious approach path. Minus points for Parson, but it's hard to imagine Jillian flying in blind using Parsons imperfect knowledge: veiling of troops. Had he known about that little trick and its bat-nullifying effect then he might have moved the troops to the farther hex, assuming that was even possible.

In any event, he can try to blame Wanda all he wants but I still call it his fault. He knew Jillian was a threat but he took the chance. That being said, I'll repeat my comment that 61% is too close to even odds for this combat not to be very bloody for both sides, no matter who wins.
    Well, as our good friend Stanley said to Wanda, "You told us she wouldn't find them. You told us she wouldn't even look!" As far as Parson knew from Wanda, Jillian was not, indeed, a threat.

Blame Parson all you want, but I still call it Wanda's fault, or rather Jillian's... er, what's the opposite of fault?
    Last edited by yoshi927; 2007-08-31 at 07:54 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have just two words for Erfworld:
    God Mode.

-Parson
    Have you ever considered that such a convenient solution doesn't exist in the real world?

-Raine Sage

"We are the people our parents warned us about..."- Jimmy Buffett
    The Generica Chronicles