New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XXXV: 4 Pages of Rules, 46 Pages of Pointless Bicke

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    So, because it came up again, what happens when you get tabled in Maelstrom? Do you auto-lose? Game ends and player with highest points win? Game carries on letting you keep on scoring unoposed? Thanks
    Sudden Death, page 215.
    However in a tournament you might need to know your VPs anyway. I've seen cases where a guy tabled 2 of his opponents, getting a 'Crushing Victory'. But so did another player. But the guy got his Victories the normal way. So he ended up with 30 Battle Points, same as the other guy. But the guy who played all his games until Turn 5+ ended up with with 40+ VPs for the day, whilst the other guy only had 15 or so, even though their Battle Scores were the same. So he ended up coming like...3rd.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

2. - Top - End - #302
    Banned

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XXXV: 4 Pages of Rules, 46 Pages of Pointless Bicke

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Sudden Death, page 215.
    However in a tournament you might need to know your VPs anyway. I've seen cases where a guy tabled 2 of his opponents, getting a 'Crushing Victory'. But so did another player. But the guy got his Victories the normal way. So he ended up with 30 Battle Points, same as the other guy. But the guy who played all his games until Turn 5+ ended up with with 40+ VPs for the day, whilst the other guy only had 15 or so, even though their Battle Scores were the same. So he ended up coming like...3rd.
    I assume this is because due to time constraints pairings dont follow the normal # of swiss rounds, and thus tiebreakers must be used? Because usually there would only be 1 undefeated player and points wouldnt matter, right?

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I assume this is because due to time constraints pairings dont follow the normal # of swiss rounds, and thus tiebreakers must be used? Because usually there would only be 1 undefeated player and points wouldnt matter, right?
    Local tournaments don't care about pairings. Local tournaments care about two things;
    1. How much does the venue cost (per day)?
    2. How many people can we fit in the venue, with proper terrain for all tables? To maximise profit prize pool?

Having the correct number of rounds for the correct number of players...Isn't something local tournaments do.

But a 32 player tournament should have 5 rounds!?
    Guess what, we've got the venue for one day. So you get 3 rounds.
    But then we wont win on Battle Score!?
    ...So paint your models and don't act like a ****. That way you'll get Paint and Sports.
    But I don't want to paint my models. This sucks!
    Looks like you wont get Painting, then. Probably not Sportsmanship, either.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

So I just got into the grim darkness of 40k thanks to kill team.

Bought the Tau kit and killteam book after some playstyle consultation and put my little dudes together. they're nothing special, just a bunch of fire warriors & breachers, but come Wednesday a friend of my D&D group will be selling me his pathfinders & stealth suites, as well as his spare 40k core book.

The Killteam I'm looking to run is
    3 pathfinder gunners: rail rifles. one is sniper :21 pts
    1 fire warrior Shas'la: comms guy, has SMS turret 13pts
    2 stealth suits, 40 pts: leader(with target lock) & heavy
    1 recon drone: 7pts
    2 gun drone: 7pts each

Basic idea is to have the stealth suits and drones run around pew pew pew'ing while the pathfinders and turret operator provide support.

I haven't gotten to the FLGS yet this weekend, as Monday is usually warhammer day.

Also: while I am very tempted to steal the Gray Wolve's paint job, the troll in me is highly tempted to just paint all my little tau blueberries as Frieza soldiers and remodel a Ethereal on Drone as the galaxy's most evil land developper.

Call them them the Ri'ama Sept. As in T'au Ri'ama.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by oxybe View Post
    Basic idea is to have the stealth suits and drones run around pew pew pew'ing while the pathfinders and turret operator provide support.
    Tau can be a little bit underwhelming, simply because they're not particularly popular in 40k so they don't get great rules, which makes them underwhelming, which means they're not popular.... etcetera.

In Kill Team though, the general premise of being a shooting-focused team is a strong one. Just make sure you place your objective tokens out in the open where you can target them efficiently, and not squirrel them away in cover so that your opponent can hide from you.

As for a colour scheme, for what it's worth I legitimately got scolded by one of my friends because I intentionally painted my team (back in 5th ed. Kill Team) in urban camouflage colours. In a small scale game, camo actually works as intended and he got pretty annoyed because he kept forgetting that I had 7 models on the board, not 4.
    I wasn't being a bad sport - I answered honestly every time he asked me where everyone was - but it certainly caused him problems keeping it together from turn to turn.

...Just don't get carried away and leave your carefully hidden dudes behind when you go home. That happened more than once too, and ultimately taught me that as much fun as it was, sometimes style wins out over substance...
    Last edited by Wraith; 2018-10-22 at 03:49 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by oxybe View Post
    Unless you're doing something weird with the format...That's a nice idea, but not really how you want to play. Because it isn't going to work like that. Basically T'au run the same three builds as everyone else does. More importantly, T'au can't pick between Melee or Shooting...That's a bad thing, BTW. Some Teams will roll you when they get into Melee with you because you simply can't compete in that area of the game. Ideally, your Grav-Inhibitor Drone will do slightly more than nothing at all. Still. Let's go over the basic builds.

Horde - Just have more models than your opponent has. A '6' always hits, and you win games by rolling 6s at models on Objectives.
    Pathfinders (x12) - 72 Points
    Pathfinder Gunners (x3) - 21 Points
    Pathfinder Shas'ui - 7 Points

Total: 100 Points

Killin' Hordes - Lots of shots.
    Shas'la - 8 Points
    + DS8 Tastical Support Turret; Missile Pod - 7 Points
    Pathfinder Gunners (x3); Ion Rifles (x3) - 30 Points
    Breacher Shas'las (x4) - 32 Points
    MV35 Grav-Inhibitor Drone - 7 Points

Total: 98 Points

Killin' Marines - Multi-Damage Shots
    Shas'la - 8 Points
    Pathfinder Gunners (x3); Rail Rifles (x3) - 36 Points
    Breacher Shas'la - 8 Points
    Stealth Shas'ui; Fusion Blaster - 24 Points

Total: 97 Points

Those're the basic 3 T'au builds. That you pick and choose after you learn your opponent's Faction, and the Mission you're playing.
    The Killin' Marines list lacks the Grav-Inhibitor Drone. But you've got the Shas'ui in there chewing up all your Breacher points.

And the fourth build, the one that says 'I don't actually want to play. I'm just here to make up numbers and/or get free stuff and/or prizes.'

Stealth Shas'ui (x4) - 80 Points
    Stealth Shas'vre - 20 Points

Total: 100 Points
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

7. - Top - End - #307
    Banned

So! Prices are out:

ORKS MEKBOY WORKSHOP $40,00
    ORKS WARBOSS GRUKK'S BOSS MOB $50,00
    ORKS RUKKATRUKK SQUIGBUGGY $45,00
    ORKS MEGATRAKK SCRAPJET $45,00
    ORKS DEFFKILLA WARTRIKE $45,00
    ORKS BOOMDAKKA SNAZZWAGON $45,00

Codex confirmed to be arriving on Orkvember (which I already knew, but still) so the whole #orktober thing was pretty much a bust. Wish they had acknowledged it as such and not tried to wiggle themselves out of it. But then, I dont know marketing.

Here is hoping CA2019 arrives in november as well instead of decemeber, although having sisters arrive in christmas would be thematic. Frustrating, as customs close from the 21th until the next year, but what can you do.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Here's how marketing goes:

Production manager: We can have X ready by Y
    Sales/Marketing: Too bad, we said Z, so it has to be this. Change it or you get the blame
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

much appreciated on the guidance.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Bugbear in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    ...Just don't get carried away and leave your carefully hidden dudes behind when you go home. That happened more than once too, and ultimately taught me that as much fun as it was, sometimes style wins out over substance...
    Heh, that reminds me of the time I forgot I had Marbo waiting in reserves because he was so well comouflaged.

If I had remembered him, I could have won on turn two. (We were playing the Open War mission where you can win automatically by controlling all three objectives. My gunline was holding the objective in my deployment zone, and my opponent went full Khorne and rushed straight at me, abandoning the objective in his own zone, which I captured with outflanking roughriders, and completely ignored the centre objective, which I should have Marbo'd).

11. - Top - End - #311
    Halfling in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Hi! I'm relatively new to 40k (I've played a bunch, but always with secondhand armies or proxies). Is it possible to build a list in 8th edition based around breaking the other team's morale? Like, a battleshock centric army? It seems like a fun gimmick for an army. I heard Night Lords are the best at breaking morale, but I don't know anything about CSM. Is that true? Could it be viable or would it auto-lose? I'm not looking to play super competitively.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    Hi! I'm relatively new to 40k (I've played a bunch, but always with secondhand armies or proxies). Is it possible to build a list in 8th edition based around breaking the other team's morale? Like, a battleshock centric army? It seems like a fun gimmick for an army. I heard Night Lords are the best at breaking morale, but I don't know anything about CSM. Is that true? Could it be viable or would it auto-lose? I'm not looking to play super competitively.
    Nightlords aren't, you'll be wanting to do a Asyurai army. That is, using stuff from Craftworlds, Dark Eldar, and Harlequins. All of those armies have things that reduce the LD of the enemy army, and you can get it ridicoulously low if you want. Lets see, I believe you can get a unit to hit a -10 to their LD. So killing 1 model would cause any unit to completely run away. And you need to kill at least 1 model to inflict some of the penalties.

However, it still isn't all that good, as they can just ignore the CP penalty by paying 2 CP to auto pass. And some armies actually have ways to be fully immune to morale.

Good news is, none of the units you need to take are all that bad, or particularly expensive. Here's a list of what I've found.

Eldar:
    Hemlocks, one with horrify

Dark Eldar:
    Dark Creed venoms. You have to go Homunculus Covens, so you can't pick up a PGL, but the units you take don't matter, cause each one lets you take a Venom, and they all get the faction trait, which reduces the enemy LD by 1 for each Dark Creed unit within 6. (maximum -3)

Harlequins:
    Death Jesters
    Spiritseers with Shards of Light
    going Silent Shroud faction

So even once you max out for ability to reduce their LD, you still have good units you can pick up, and nothing you've taken to stack those penalties is weak, so even if they are immune to LD shenanigans, you still should be able to compete.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

There's nothing in the game that will make morale a more significant effect on a unit than whatever damage you're doing to it, unless, like, you have a tough unit with low leadership. Night Lords and Drukhari can certainly make morale more meaningful, though, and very few units are immune to it.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Thinking about it more, you can get -6 just from the enemy being too close to too many of your units. Then you can make one unit within that bubble -8, and another unit -7 with psyker powers. Then kill one from each squad with death jesters, for a -10 and a -9, not even counting the casualties taken.

So you could actually do some pretty ridiculous stuff involving morale.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    Is it possible to build a list in 8th edition based around breaking the other team's morale?
    ...Not really.

As previously mentioned, there is a Stratagem available to every Faction in the game, that ignores Morale for 2 CPs. This is in addition to one of the major factors in building a good army in 40K, is factoring in the ability to mitigate or ignore Morale tests. One of the major problem-models in the game right now, is Abaddon, and his ability to pass 'ignore Morale tests' across three Codecies - yes, it is a big deal - with three different horde options. Which means that if you're building an army designed around negs to Leadership, you have to be able to pass the negs across multiple enemy units. Otherwise, stacking a -6 to one unit just simply forces your opponent to drop 2 CPs to auto-pass, regardless of negatives. However, if you can force multiple Morale tests all with negs, your opponent is in trouble, as they can only use Insane Bravery once per turn.

Now, in the current meta, dropping 2 CPs is a really big deal. Either your opponent's unit is extremely valuable (e.g; It's holding an Objective), and thus your negs do nothing. Or, your opponent's models are so utterly worthless that it isn't worth spending 2 CPs on a single unit because there is simply more where that came from (e.g; Guardsmen). So, I guess on the one hand, there is value in dictating your opponent's actions (i.e; Forcing them to drop 2 CPs). On the other hand, not all opponents are going to be bothered. The instant your opponent pulls out Tide of Traitors it really doesn't matter how many Cultists you killed in the Morale phase.

The other thing, that while it's possible to stack negs to Leadership (e.g; Aeldari, Dark Angels, Chaos Daemons, etc.), you have to ask yourself...Is it even worth it? This is why I strongly suggest following Forum Explorer's advice about an Aeldari army. If your opponent is immune or doesn't care about Morale, at least you're still Aeldari with several good options available to you across all three Codecies.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2018-10-24 at 03:33 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

16. - Top - End - #316
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Nightlords aren't, you'll be wanting to do a Asyurai army. That is, using stuff from Craftworlds, Dark Eldar, and Harlequins. All of those armies have things that reduce the LD of the enemy army, and you can get it ridicoulously low if you want. Lets see, I believe you can get a unit to hit a -10 to their LD. So killing 1 model would cause any unit to completely run away. And you need to kill at least 1 model to inflict some of the penalties.

However, it still isn't all that good, as they can just ignore the CP penalty by paying 2 CP to auto pass. And some armies actually have ways to be fully immune to morale.

Good news is, none of the units you need to take are all that bad, or particularly expensive. Here's a list of what I've found.

Eldar:
    Hemlocks, one with horrify

Dark Eldar:
    Dark Creed venoms. You have to go Homunculus Covens, so you can't pick up a PGL, but the units you take don't matter, cause each one lets you take a Venom, and they all get the faction trait, which reduces the enemy LD by 1 for each Dark Creed unit within 6. (maximum -3)

Harlequins:
    Death Jesters
    Spiritseers with Shards of Light
    going Silent Shroud faction

So even once you max out for ability to reduce their LD, you still have good units you can pick up, and nothing you've taken to stack those penalties is weak, so even if they are immune to LD shenanigans, you still should be able to compete.
    You've almost gotten it, but are missing a few keys things:

1) Haemonculus Covens can still take Raiders, which can bring Phantasm Grenade Launchers. Generally not necessary, but available.
    2) Bringing a Black Heart detachment is mandatory: that way you can use Agents of Vect to counter the auto-pass-morale stratagem.
    3) Since you're bringing some Kabals, might as well make it a Ravager Spearhead for ranged anti-tank that Covens otherwise lack. Ravagers can also take PGLs as well if you want.
    4) Make the Black Heart Archon your warlord and either take the standard Labyrinthine Cunning, for more CPs and more Agents, or consider Ancient Evil: enemy units within 3" roll an extra d6 for morale and take highest. Very useful against Guard, whose "roll d3 for morale" stratagem becomes much less useful when it's "roll d3 and d6, take highest". Remember to give him a PGL and Blaster, BS2+ rerolling 1s is exactly as good as it sounds.
    5) Never forget the Torment Grenade stratagem, getting a PGL to do mortal wounds on hit in addition to the normal effects. Perfect for softening a tough unit before your morale penalties make it evaporate. It also works on monsters and vehicles, who are otherwise mostly immune to your shenanigans.
    6) Have a Jetbike Farseer with Mind War to help with assassinating characters that are providing buffs/immunity to leadership. I've seen Mortarion implode in a single round to a pile of Ld de-buffs followed by a successful Mind War and Smite. For your second power Doom is probably best because it synergises with the non-craftworlds rest of the army, but I have a personal love for Executioner.

So to recap, your army probably looks something like this:
    Spoiler: Fear Incarnate
    Show
    Black Heart Spearhead
    - Archon, PGL, Blaster [Warlord - Labyrinthine Cunning][Writ of the Living Muse]
    - 3x Ravager, 3 Dark Lances, PGL

Dark Creed Battalion
    - Haemonculus
    - Haemonculus
    - 5x 5 Wracks
    - 6x Venom

Aliatoc Battalion
    - Jetbike Farseer [Mind War, Doom]
    - Jetbike Farseer [Mind War, Executioner]
    - 3x 5 Rangers
    - 2x Hemlocks [Horrify]

I don't know anything about Harlequins, so you might be better off swapping one detachment for a Silent Shroud one. I'll leave that for other people to comment on.
    Last edited by Voidhawk; 2018-10-24 at 07:14 AM.
    Looking back on sanity from the other side, and laughing really loudly

"In the whole of oWOD, there are only five normal people not somehow tied to the great supernatural conspiracy, and three of them were Elvis."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    If Ravenloft has taught me anything, darkness only makes the stars shine brighter.
    Bowl of Petunias avatar by Rincewind

17. - Top - End - #317
    Banned

I got a game coming up this friday against one of our resident Knight players. He just got his Canis Rex so he is eager to try it out, so Im sure I'll be facing down either 2x Questoris 1x Valiant, or 4 Knights, plus sprinkled Guard. Would this list be OK? Although we play Maelstrom, the goal is to table him around turn 4. So far we are 2-1 (tabled him with Craftworld/DE and Guard/Sisters, lost using 3x T-Vaults) so I'd like to improve the score.

Edit: If its any help, he favors running several relics, usually Sanctuary, the relic Gauntlet and the relic Gun that does 2 impacts on 6s to hit. Usually plays the Knight house that allows you to deny wounds on 6s, but can also be the house that has a warlord trait to make wound rolls of 1, 2 and 3 count as a fail. So Doom seems like super important.

Spoiler: The List:
    Show

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Harlequins) [16 PL, 376pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Masque Form: The Frozen Stars: Hysterical Fury

+ HQ +

Troupe Master [4 PL, 70pts]: Great Harlequin, Harlequin's Blade, Shuriken Pistol

+ Fast Attack +

Skyweavers [4 PL, 102pts]
    . Skyweaver: Haywire Cannon, Zephyrglaive

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [54 PL, 1073pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Craftworld Attribute: Alaitoc: Fieldcraft

+ HQ +

Autarch [4 PL, 99pts]: Forceshield, Mandiblasters (Autarch), Reaper Launcher, Star Glaive

Farseer [6 PL, 110pts]: 1. Guide, 2. Doom, Shuriken Pistol, Witchblade

Warlock [2 PL, 55pts]: 4. Protect/Jinx, Shuriken Pistol, Witchblade

+ Troops +

Rangers [3 PL, 60pts]: 5x Ranger

+ Heavy Support +

Dark Reapers [13 PL, 209pts]
    . 5x Dark Reaper: 5x Reaper Launcher
    . Dark Reaper Exarch: Tempest Launcher

+ Flyer +

Hemlock Wraithfighter [10 PL, 210pts]: 3. Enhance/Drain, Spirit Stones

Hemlock Wraithfighter [10 PL, 210pts]: 4. Protect/Jinx, Spirit Stones

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [27 PL, 551pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment Attribute: Kabal of the Black Heart

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 72pts]: Labyrinthine Cunning, Splinter pistol, Venom Blade, Warlord (Archon), Writ of the Living Muse

Archon [4 PL, 72pts]: Splinter pistol, Venom Blade

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [4 PL, 97pts]
    . 7x Kabalite Warrior
    . Kabalite warrior with Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance
    . Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
    . Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors [4 PL, 97pts]
    . 7x Kabalite Warrior
    . Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster

Kabalite Warriors [4 PL, 88pts]
    . 7x Kabalite Warrior
    . Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Shredder

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [7 PL, 125pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

++ Total: [97 PL, 2000pts] ++

Thanks in advance for any advice you may provide.
    Last edited by LansXero; 2018-10-24 at 03:51 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Tabling knights when you can tailor against them quite that much seems like shooting fish in a barrel to me. Doing it against a guy you've tabled twice already seems a bit unsporting.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Tabling knights when you can tailor against them quite that much seems like shooting fish in a barrel to me. Doing it against a guy you've tabled twice already seems a bit unsporting.
    Its more a grudge-match / for fun thing. Actually we are all going drinking on saturday; he gets to tailor as hard or more (once Im set on a list I'll even post it to our group chat). I've been trying different lists every time to help him get a better feel for his game and to improve weaknesses; it must be working because after 2 tablings I lost xD. Granted, I had never played 8E Necrons previously and was getting too much of a kick from massacring Guardsmen (there were 0 guardsmen alive after turn 1) but he plays better each time.

That reminds me: Does Anrakyr ability work on Knights? Who rolls the shot? Is it affected by MWBD?

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

That reminds me: Does Anrakyr ability work on Knights?
    Why wouldn't it?

Who rolls the shot?
    The player that the ability clearly states.

Is it affected by MWBD?
    Did Knights become <Necrons Infantry> while I wasn't looking?
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

21. - Top - End - #321
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Why wouldn't it?

The player that the ability clearly states.

Did Knights become <Necrons Infantry> while I wasn't looking?
    Ok, I'll read more carefully next time, sorry. Could you believe we just realized this weekend that Knights can only move over models when they fall back? Cant remember a situation when it was relevant, at least recently, but we were like "say whaaat" xD.

Spanish is a trash language for trash people, it seems.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Could you believe we just realized this weekend that Knights can only move over models when they fall back?
    We took a while to realise that, too.
    We also didn't realise that Knights could only Fall Back over Infantry.
    Cue the Drukhari player surrounding the Knight with Talos Engines (because <Fly> used to be good).

Cant remember a situation when it was relevant, at least recently, but we were like "say whaaat" xD.
    It's relevant all the time because most Knight players like to put a screen in front of their Knight to prevent from being first-turn Charged.
    However, come their turn, they want to make a Charge, but they have models in front of them, and can't actually do anything. It's caught out a number of people, especially those with the older Knight Errants and Paladins.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

Anyone else see the problem with using that first pic w/ the headline?
    http://natfka.blogspot.com/2018/10/t...eview.html?m=1
    Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Logic just does not fit in with the real world. And only the guilty throw fallacy's around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendin, probably
    As always, the planes prove to be awesomer than I expected.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brookshw View Post
    So its the exact same as the sacristan forgeshrine? thats... just not too exciting.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brookshw View Post
    I love how when talking about the new Stratagem (at least I'm fairly certain it's a Stratagem) they use it on the Stompa.

Them:Just imagine the Deffcannon shooting 18 shots.
    Orks: We're to busy imagining the literal hundreds of Orks we could have instead if the Stompa.
    Them: But the Stompa-
    Orks: Is disgustingly overpriced

Edit: Misread, it's a terrain piece and therefore will never be used. Would have been an ok Stratagem

The Red Suns trait looks nice though
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2018-10-25 at 12:44 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    I love how when talking about the new Stratagem (at least I'm fairly certain it's a Stratagem) they use it on the Stompa.
    Them: Just imagine the Stompa shooting 18 shots!
    Me: After sitting there doing nothing for a whole turn
    Them: yes, but 18!
    Me: At what, BS5+? since its likely already below half wounds because it did nothing for a turn?
    Them: but with dakka dakka dakka, every hit of 6 gives you another shot!
    Me: Well, only those will hit anyways, and the extra shot will likely miss.
    Them: But the dakka! waagh!

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post

Them:Just imagine the Deffcannon shooting 18 shots.
    Orks: We're to busy imagining the literal hundreds of Orks we could have instead if the Stompa.
    Them: But the Stompa-
    Orks: Is disgustingly overpriced

Edit: Misread, it's a terrain piece and therefore will never be used. Would have been an ok Stratagem

The Red Suns trait looks nice though
    Yeah, I get that they're trying to sell a dream turn there, but the requirement to do nothing on the turn you set it up just seems to scream "hey, shoot and/or charge this unit now!"

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

So its the exact same as the sacristan forgeshrine? thats... just not too exciting.
    More that a headline about "red" coupled with a bunch of yellow models is dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Logic just does not fit in with the real world. And only the guilty throw fallacy's around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendin, probably
    As always, the planes prove to be awesomer than I expected.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

If stompas got priced at similar to knights point wise, they would be decent for what they are.
    Now, Back to Lurking!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    I think I'm going to defer to his wiser judgment in this case, because I'm probably going to keep writing responses and that will only lead to me getting myself in trouble somehow.
    - I should follow this advice more often.

Belkar's Death Countdown best guess: 31/49 days used before Belkar is gone forever more! - updated to morning at 1190!

Hey, its the Blog where I write! Dice Roles

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ornithologist View Post
    If stompas got priced at similar to knights point wise, they would be decent for what they are.
    A bit higher than a Knight simply because of the durability but ya, 500-600 ish because its really not all that offensive besides punching and the Deff Kannn is utter crap now. But sure as hell not 1k, just... no.

I am rather confused why they're calling our Faction Traits, Kulture instead of Klan. It just really stood out as weird to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel