New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Captain Marvel (2019)

First trailer is out:

Feels like a teaser trailer except for the length. Not much info about the plot, lots of hints at Carol's powers and background. And young Nick Fury, naturally.

Excited? Disappointed? Waiting to see more?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Captain Marvel (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by tiornys View Post
    First trailer is out:

Feels like a teaser trailer except for the length. Not much info about the plot, lots of hints at Carol's powers and background. And young Nick Fury, naturally.

Excited? Disappointed? Waiting to see more?
    That's because it is a reveal trailer. it's what most early trailers are like. Looks good so far

The costume also looks good and reminds me of how annoyed I was when people got pissed off by the green outfit. I mean of course she's going to wear her Iconic colors in the movie. They're in the frikkin movie logo.
    Last edited by Devonix; 2018-09-18 at 09:26 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

A bit bland, and but promising. Doesn't really tell me anything about the character, as someone who knows pretty much zilch about Captain Marvel. Young Nick Fury is neat though.

The filmmakers must have had a blast including the clip where she slugs an old lady in the face. People are going to want to know the context for that (probably a disguised Skrull) right up to release.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

How do you tell your audience this the 90's in a single shot? Blockbuster Video.

I don't really have much to complain about. It's a montage of images from the movie which reveal the vaguest elements aside from who the protagonist is, the setting, and at least teasing at her conflict. Which is fine, especially for a movie half a year from release.

I will say, her helmet deal looks much better in live action than in the comics, where it's often kind of awkwardly implemented by artists.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't get the same impression of inscrutabilty of the plot that some of the interwebs seem to have. Soldier with amnesia/implanted memories finds her past in the midst of an alien conspiracy thriller.

I'm sure Marvel can take that places, but the basic idea seems simple enough to tease out.

I'm more curious about the trademark ability of the MCU to fix things that came across mostly ludicrous in the comics into tonal and aesthetic unity for the films. In this case, the Skrulls.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Yeah, it seems fairly clear that the structure is going to be "Carol was an Air Force pilot and part Kree who was kidnapped and brainwashed into the Kree Imperial Guard, crashes on Earth, starts to recover her previous memories whilst working out her considerable frustration on Skrulls".

Plus the whole bit about uncovering memories and not being who you think you are is a p. good vector for the protagonist in a story about shapeshifting infiltrators, so that's nice too.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The trailler (teaser, really) doesn't really show much of anything... That's too bad.

Well... Here's hoping they manage to make CM more interesting. In the comics, she's rarely more than a more boring version of Captain America or Superman.
    Homebrew Stuff:

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Yeah, it seems fairly clear that the structure is going to be "Carol was an Air Force pilot and part Kree who was kidnapped and brainwashed into the Kree Imperial Guard, crashes on Earth, starts to recover her previous memories whilst working out her considerable frustration on Skrulls".

Plus the whole bit about uncovering memories and not being who you think you are is a p. good vector for the protagonist in a story about shapeshifting infiltrators, so that's nice too.
    I doubt she'll be half-Kree from birth. Now, it would be a reasonable direction to take the character in a way that simplifies things for Carol origins, which are not great story-wise. However, it works against an intended characterization of her being someone who aspires to be this best-of-the-best ace fighter pilot, which they're evidently doing here. It'd go from "she's a testament to effort and willpower to reach your goals" to "of course she can excel, she's part alien ubermensch".

I assume we'll get some spiel about humanity having evolutionary potential and some of the Kree choosing to see what they can do with her by genetically altering her into a hybrid. Which will seriously stick in the craw of a hardcore zealot like Ronan, setting up his role in GotG.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I wonder if they're combining the Kree with the Shi'ar - making them an empire that has members from different races, and a special forces superhero team of guardians drawn from the best people from all over. Earth being within their empire, they might pick her up because of her combat talent and make her a guardian. Clearly this involves some mind-wiping (or she suffers some amnesia from an accident?), because she has lost her memory of earth when she returns.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    I guess that is the plot too....but it seems like an odd plot. It's bad enough that they ''have'' to waste like a third of the movie on the origin story, but to waste another third of the movie on the ''memory loss"?

And will it be Skrulls? I'd think they would be ''part'' of the Fantastic Four and owned by Sony? Or does Disney own everything now?

Blockbuster sure does put the movie in the '90's, as does people using pagers.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultron View Post
    I guess that is the plot too....but it seems like an odd plot. It's bad enough that they ''have'' to waste like a third of the movie on the origin story, but to waste another third of the movie on the ''memory loss"?
    The origin story and the memory loss are the same thing, or rather they've skipped the origin. It's a way of beginning in media res and then presenting how she got there dramatically.

And will it be Skrulls? I'd think they would be ''part'' of the Fantastic Four and owned by Sony? Or does Disney own everything now?
    They're there in the trailer. They're in the plot synopsis and casting list as well.

Also, Fantastic Four was owned by Fox.

Sony owns Spider-Man characters aside from Spider-Man himself which they co-own. Which is why they're engaged in the sad-yet-hilarious exercise of making movies about Spider-Man related characters in which Spider-Man will never appear.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Colossus in the Playground

Fantastic Four was owned by Fox, who Disney now owns.

Regardless, the Fantastic Four name didn't come with exclusive ownership of the Skrulls, just ownership of specific Skrull characters--Kl'rt the Super Skrull wasn't kosher, but Veranka the Skrull Queen was fine.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Legato Endless
    Soldier with amnesia/implanted memories finds her past in the midst of an alien conspiracy thriller.
    Eh. Another superhero movie. Boom, punch, whatever.

I’m pretty far over the MCU at this point. This doesn’t change that. Nothing here makes me care about a character I know nothing about.

Originally Posted by Kitten Champion
    How do you tell your audience this the 90's in a single shot? Blockbuster Video.
    I was still renting from Blockbuster in 2011. This shot just told me she fell into a Blockbuster.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

The general trailer seems decent, no OMG BAD MOVIE vibes, but some definite negatives.

What worries me is that throughout the entire trailer Brie Larson has exactly one expression - stare woodenly at the camera in what is clearly supposed to be 'SERIOUS EXPRESSION', but makes you very aware that she's an actress in a costume.

We'll wait for some more info and footage to come out, but right now, I dunno. I'm having a tough time buying Brie Larson as Captain Marvel. All the promotional material and now the trailer has her staring woodenly at the camera and its just.... not working for me. I've always enjoyed Ms/Captain Marvel as a character but I'm not buying Brie Larson.

I'm also a bit skeptical about the time periods involved here. So she's been on earth since the 90's. So.... where was she in the multiple world-destroying catastrophes that have happened since then? I'm having a tough time thinking they can come up with any actually good reason she wasn't there for the Battle of New York or Ultron, other than claiming she wasn't on the planet at the time and that seems like a really cheap cop out. But I guess we'll have to see how they justify it.

Plot wise they seem to kind of being going somewhat for the 'original' story of Ms Marvel that she was actually a separate entity from Carol Danvers, and that she came into being by finding the original Captain Mar-Vell's bracers - in this case Mar-Vell being played by Jude Law. Done correctly it could add a whole layer of depth to the 'struggling with new powers' thing when you're actually struggling with another PERSONALITY that came with the powers. Done wrong could be a disaster but done right could be legit.

So right now I'm hesitantly optimistic on the plot, and moderately negative on Brie Larson. But I've been proved wrong before - I thought Batfleck was going to be a disaster and he was one of the best things about the movie.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2018-09-18 at 06:52 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

I'll admit the actress doesn't really sell me either. Her voice has no authority or power to it is my primary problem, she doesn't SOUND like a superhero more than she doesn't LOOK like one.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Blockbuster sure does put the movie in the '90's, as does people using pagers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    I was still renting from Blockbuster in 2011. This shot just told me she fell into a Blockbuster.
    People still use pagers in 2018 for that matter. They get better mileage and are more reliability than cellphones, especially in spots with questionable signal coverage.

But in pop culture, people associate them with the 90s. I suppose having a Discovery Zone right next to the Blockbuster would have helped.

I’m pretty far over the MCU at this point. This doesn’t change that. Nothing here makes me care about a character I know nothing about.
    Mmmm.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Eh. Another superhero movie. Boom, punch, whatever.

You cared so little in fact that you saw a MCU superhero thread and decided to post in it.

Quote Originally Posted by tiornys View Post
    And young Nick Fury, naturally.
    The de-aging technology fascinates me! It's come a long way since Civil War on RDJ, though that could just be the fact that black don't crack. That first shot of him screamed Jules Winnfield, though the subsequent ones were less striking.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm in love. I feel like this is Marvel's answer to Wonder Woman. I'm really hoping it's on par with it, too.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

biggrin Re: Captain Marvel (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Yes_Thieves_Can View Post
    I'm in love. I feel like this is Marvel's answer to Wonder Woman. I'm really hoping it's on par with it, too.
    So... Slightly above mediocre but seems way better than it actually is because everything that came before is garbage?

That's going to be difficult... Marvel actually has good films to be used for comparison!
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2018-09-18 at 08:39 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

The trailer looks alright. The only investment I've ever had in the character is "that woman in a coma who is the source of most of Rogue's powers," so this film isn't something I was clamoring for. Since I don't see the X-Men joining the MCU right now and I especially don't see Rogue depowering Carol and leaving her comatose, I'm kinda in the mindset of "well okay, whatever." The MCU hasn't really let me down since Iron Man 3, so I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt from me.

Still unsure whether I will see this in theaters or wait for the DVD like I did with the other characters I don't really care about (like Ant-Man and Black Panther), but I'm sure I'll see it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    So... Slightly above mediocre but seems way better than it actually is because everything that came before is garbage?

That's going to be difficult... Marvel actually has good films to be used for comparison!
    I think that's a little unfair to WW. While it certainly wasn't the best superhero film ever, I'd still say it was above average and a solid B+.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I think that's a little unfair to WW. While it certainly wasn't the best superhero film ever, I'd still say it was above average and a solid B+.
    My real problem with Wonder Woman was that it felt like a knock-off version of Captain America with greek gods for no good reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    The general trailer seems decent, no OMG BAD MOVIE vibes, but some definite negatives.

What worries me is that throughout the entire trailer Brie Larson has exactly one expression - stare woodenly at the camera in what is clearly supposed to be 'SERIOUS EXPRESSION', but makes you very aware that she's an actress in a costume.

We'll wait for some more info and footage to come out, but right now, I dunno. I'm having a tough time buying Brie Larson as Captain Marvel. All the promotional material and now the trailer has her staring woodenly at the camera and its just.... not working for me. I've always enjoyed Ms/Captain Marvel as a character but I'm not buying Brie Larson.
    She doesn't carry herself like Carol Danvers. She doesn't talk like Carol Danvers. She doesn't sound the way Carol Danvers should sound. And that wooden expression doesn't even come off as "I'm serious!" it comes off as "I'm in a movie that I don't like or want to be in playing a character I don't care about." At least too me. And being that it's her movie, she REALLY can't afford that. Think about what would have happened if ANY of the Phase 1 leads, Ironman, Hulk, Thor or Captain America, had had acting like that in there first movies? We might well not have had an MCU.

Add that the actress has had a couple of episodes now of behaving like a discount Ryan Johnson and injecting personal politics into things like marvel, and throwing her casting around to do so. She's now dragging in political baggage just by doing this and being in the movie. And THAT assumes she completely and religiously keep anything even vaguely political looking, sounding or feeling out of the movie like there lives all depended on it. If they didn't, it get's worse still.

I am not excited for this movie. I am dreading it and praying I am wrong and that all this is is a case of someone making the trailer who had no business making a trailer.

I'm also a bit skeptical about the time periods involved here. So she's been on earth since the 90's. So.... where was she in the multiple world-destroying catastrophes that have happened since then? I'm having a tough time thinking they can come up with any actually good reason she wasn't there for the Battle of New York or Ultron, other than claiming she wasn't on the planet at the time and that seems like a really cheap cop out. But I guess we'll have to see how they justify it.

Plot wise they seem to kind of being going somewhat for the 'original' story of Ms Marvel that she was actually a separate entity from Carol Danvers, and that she came into being by finding the original Captain Mar-Vell's bracers - in this case Mar-Vell being played by Jude Law. Done correctly it could add a whole layer of depth to the 'struggling with new powers' thing when you're actually struggling with another PERSONALITY that came with the powers. Done wrong could be a disaster but done right could be legit.
    No, don't go altering origins. It's a bad idea. It gives room for hacks to make stupid damaging decisions. It already looks like they have to try to fight an up hill battle to compensate for a disastrously horrible casting decision on the lead actress for the title character. They don't have room for literally one single other misstep, even a microscopic one.

So right now I'm hesitantly optimistic on the plot, and moderately negative on Brie Larson. But I've been proved wrong before - I thought Batfleck was going to be a disaster and he was one of the best things about the movie.
    ... ... ... Batfleck WAS a disaster! That movie was a crime against anyone who ever gave the vaguest **** about the DCU outside of just mindlessly grim darkly deconstructing it! Afleck is suppose to be able to write and direct, he assured us it was great or he wouldn't have signed on for it! He can't have not know, he just didn't give a ****!
    "I Burn!"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So, like, it seems like they're giving her both the Carol Danvers backstory, AND the Mar'Vel Backstory.

She's a fighter pilot who encounters something alien (Carol Danvers), and gets Superpowers. Also, she's an alien warrior who crashes to earth (Mar'Vel).

Mar'Vel might have ALSO crashed to earth at some point, since I think he's confirmed to be in the movie, but it's an interesting mash-up.

As for why Carol hasn't intervened in anything yet. She could be off-planet.
    Plus, the standard disbelief suspension we all partake in when, say, Iron Man doesn't show up in The Winter Soldier to help Cap out.

We saw that Nick Fury had a pager to call her in. Apparently whatever deal they had with her didn't count for Loki or Ultron, but DID get called in when half the world started fading away.

I mean, for all we know she's been off-planet, or living in a remote cabin in Alaska, or whatever, Nick HAS called her in, but she's far enough away that she's just kept showing up five minutes after everything has been resolved.

In fact, That's exactly what I want to see in the End Credits scene.

Carol Danvers: "I'm about two minutes outside Manhattan, I see the portal....and it's been closed."
    Nick Fury: "Yeah, The Avengers handled It. Sorry Carol"
    Carol: "No, It's okay. I'm going to head back before anybody sees me"
    *Flash to Sokovia being gently lowered into the ground*
    Nick Fury on radio: Sorry Carol, it's been handled.
    *Helicarriers being destroyed over DC*
    Nick Fury: "False Alarm Carol, I'm not dead. Rodgers has this well in hand"
    Carol Danvers: *Facepalms*
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    She doesn't carry herself like Carol Danvers. She doesn't talk like Carol Danvers. She doesn't sound the way Carol Danvers should sound. And that wooden expression doesn't even come off as "I'm serious!" it comes off as "I'm in a movie that I don't like or want to be in playing a character I don't care about." At least too me. And being that it's her movie, she REALLY can't afford that. Think about what would have happened if ANY of the Phase 1 leads, Ironman, Hulk, Thor or Captain America, had had acting like that in there first movies? We might well not have had an MCU.
    Add that the actress has had a couple of episodes now of behaving like a discount Ryan Johnson and injecting personal politics into things like marvel, and throwing her casting around to do so. She's now dragging in political baggage just by doing this and being in the movie. And THAT assumes she completely and religiously keep anything even vaguely political looking, sounding or feeling out of the movie like there lives all depended on it. If they didn't, it get's worse still.
    I am not excited for this movie. I am dreading it and praying I am wrong and that all this is is a case of someone making the trailer who had no business making a trailer.
    No, don't go altering origins. It's a bad idea. It gives room for hacks to make stupid damaging decisions. It already looks like they have to try to fight an up hill battle to compensate for a disastrously horrible casting decision on the lead actress for the title character. They don't have room for literally one single other misstep, even a microscopic one.
    ... ... ... Batfleck WAS a disaster! That movie was a crime against anyone who ever gave the vaguest **** about the DCU outside of just mindlessly grim darkly deconstructing it! Afleck is suppose to be able to write and direct, he assured us it was great or he wouldn't have signed on for it! He can't have not know, he just didn't give a ****!
    It's a marvel movie, they always have room for missteps, large or small. Compare the Iron mans to each other, and you'll see big differences in quality of writing. They all made big bucks.
    Are you praying that a female superhero movie doesn't take the blame if/when the hero genre fades? "Personal politics" sounds like a dog whistle for something else. Unless you were upset at Cap's Winter Soldier or Iron man's mandarin plot.
    Movies are weird in that making money is related to a good plot, but not required. Having a successful franchise means you can take 'risks' that studios wouldn't normally take.

Risk- Gasp they casted a woman, or they brought on a political tinged message. Somehow, it still made oodles of money.
    Last edited by HMS Invincible; 2018-09-19 at 03:05 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    As for why Carol hasn't intervened in anything yet. She could be off-planet.
    Off-planet makes by far the most sense. Captain Marvel is a very powerful hero who has traditionally spent a lot of time off-planet dealing with bigger things in the greater Marvel cosmos. She could very easily have this one fairly brief appearance on Earth and then spend the next twenty years busy fighting the Skrulls. In terms of 'why didn't X show up for Y' she's actually one of the easiest characters to justify.

I wouldn't be surprised if the end-credits scene shows her doing disaster relief on a devastated Xandar to explain where she was during Infinity War, especially since that would be a good way to tease a future Nova movie.
    Now publishing a webnovel travelogue.

Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Is it? Is it really?

Of course, we all have different tastes and whatnot... But I honestly can't see anything in WW that merits more than, say, a 6/10.

It's not a bad movie... But it isn't great either. It's... Ok.

Definitely the best movie in the DCEU, but that isn't saying much. WW was also the best part of BvS by far... But that too isn't exactly a great accomplishment.

Buy, hey! At least the actress does a pretty good job. That's more than we can say about Captain Marvel from what we have seen so far.
    Homebrew Stuff:

27. - Top - End - #27
    Banned

HalflingRangerGuy

Wonder woman was a fantastic movie. Me and my partner are a tough crowd, but that film really caused that reaction of "Women want to be her, men want to...". Gal Galdot was an absolute pleasure to watch, and the interactions between characters was delightful. It was very warming to feel a superhero film so unashamedly giving us a roll model to aspire to, rather than a quip-filled punch up because people feel might feel embarrassed by sincerity.

The only thing that drags it down is the ending. Final boss battle was dumb, and a few have suggested alternate endings. If Man of Steel were like Wonder Woman, DC would be on fire right now.
    Last edited by The Jack; 2018-09-19 at 07:50 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    It's a marvel movie, they always have room for missteps, large or small. Compare the Iron mans to each other, and you'll see big differences in quality of writing. They all made big bucks.
    Are you praying that a female superhero movie doesn't take the blame if/when the hero genre fades? "Personal politics" sounds like a dog whistle for something else. Unless you were upset at Cap's Winter Soldier or Iron man's mandarin plot.
    Movies are weird in that making money is related to a good plot, but not required. Having a successful franchise means you can take 'risks' that studios wouldn't normally take.

Risk- Gasp they casted a woman, or they brought on a political tinged message. Somehow, it still made oodles of money.
    1: It's a marvel movie. The fact that 10 years later there not only making movies still, there crushing Star Wars like boot does an ant is a testament to there ability thus far to keep missteps extremely small and far between. The last one I saw was letting Joe Quesada in the same state that anything related to Spiderman: Homecoming was happening in until after the movie was already in theaters. They have NEVER had a royal, central, un-mitigatable cluster**** on there hands yet. Previously they've been smart enough not to be in a situation Were that could happen. Until now. See, she's not just in this one movie. She's apparently, were being told, the lead for Avengers 4, 5, and 6, and probably 7. She's also got 2 other movies, and she's getting a direct spinoff character in the form of Ms. Marvel, who's ALSO getting 3 more movies.

They can't afford to have her have precisely 3 expressions and delivery's for all of that. They sure as hell can't afford to couple that with political propagandizing.

2: I'm praying not to have a character from the comics I am VERY fond of utterly destroyed to the point of being unrecognizable for a second time in a decade. Not that I suspect you have any inkling what that's like given your tone. You come off as someone who knows about her via wikipedia and the internet at large.

3: Tell me something. How would you feel if you went into a movie, paid $20 or so dollars for the ticket, and when it started, instead of what you were paying for, Alex Jones came on and went on an unhinged rant so divorced from reality that it had never ever crossed reality path and never would afterwords, for the movies run time, and then credits rolled? That is what Hollywood going political is like. Winter Solider was good an memorable because it managed to be the one exception that proves the rule.

I'm REALLY not in the mood to deal with that unhinged rant. I'm sure you can at least grasp that.
    "I Burn!"

29. - Top - End - #29

Winter Soldier is my favorite marvel movie so far and I don’t recognize any propaganda in it, so either they did it real well or I’m of likemind lol.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

This isn't what happens when Hollywood becomes political. Hollywood's always been political because art is Political.

It's like saying Comics have agendas now. You'd have to ignore that Comics have had agendas since they first began. Captain America especially has allways been about politics.