Artemis97
    dallas-dakota
    Rare Pink Leech
    thanatos5150
    Yo_Landa
    Asarth
    pingcode20
    North

Imagine a plane, a huge, metal thing, military looking, but quite rusty and ancient as well. Across the side a big black square had been hastily painted, with on it a name, equally, or if possible more, hastily painted than the square. It says "Haddock Enterprise".
    Now imagine a plain, an icy, barren plain, not a single thing in sight but razorsharp peaks of ice, sticking out of the landscape like needles from a pincushion.
    The plane is soaring above this plain. Inside, it's occupants are just waking up. Only one man already seemed to be awake. He is quite slim and is wearing a business suit. The kind of business suit that isn't just good quality, the kind that's made to make sure everyone sees it's good quality. The only thing slightly bad looking about the suit is the small grey logo printed on it. It says "Haddock Enterprise". The man smiles as you, the occupants of the plane, wake up, showing a row of whiter than white teeth. Not pretty teeth. Just white teeth.
    "Welcome" the man speaks, "to the coldest place on the planet". As no-one seems to respond, except with slightly muffled groans and muttering along the lines of "Who the hell is this guy?", he continues: "You are all agents of Haddock Enterprise. We are a company that monitors time, or, at least, breaches in it. You might wonder exactly what you are doing here, how you got here, or who you are for that matter, but such is completely normal. It is standard procedure to wipe out our agents minds almost completely before they start working on a new assignement, to prevent any more time disruptions. See, transferring knowledge from future to past, or even from past to future, is a very dangerous thing, it is this we are trying to prevent, and thus it would be foolish to even give our own agents the chance to do this. Now don't worry, your memories will be transferred back to you when and if you come back from the assignement, but we will be forced to remove the ones from your mission. This is how it works". He pauzes briefly, looking around at everyone if they got the message, longer at some than others. It seems he's given this speech to you before, or is very good at pretending he did, at least.
    "Very well, on to business. We have detected a serious disturbance in the very fabric of time somewhere in this area. We haven't been able to pinpoint it exactly, but you should be able to do so by yourselves. Some-one has been exploiting a breach in time and space here on a regular basis. The reason we hadn't noticed this before is that one of our agents had misplaced the form. Poor Larry, we shall remember him always...Or, well, I will, you are lucky enough not to remember the end of his carreer. I don't have much information to give you, just that you have to find the thief of time, and stop him. I can't give you much resources either, because we can't risk letting any of our technology fall into the hands of the natives, that is, if there are any. The only things I am allowed to give you, simply because you can't make it without them, are the one-piece suits you're wearing now, which are bright pink so you'll be able to find any one of you that gets separated from the group, three days rations, in the form of astronaut pills, they are in your pockets, one of these single charge firedarts, if the mission is over, you need to fire three of them to alert us, and these parachutes. You might wonder why you need a parachute, well, the reason is simple".
    The man pauzes, and then briefly presses a button on the wall. The floor of the plane opens, except for the bit where he was standing, and you all fall down. Luckily, you all manage to open your parachutes in time. You are now all hanging above what seems a neverending landscape of ice. It's a pretty sight, but it's not a place you'd want to spend your holidays at.

(Support)

(Out Of Character)

*Which has nothing to do, plotwise, with any Terry Pratchett books. Seriously.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2007-11-06 at 07:24 PM.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Survival 3 (Please move to structured)

Plastic Soldier , Pure Win, recent amnesia victim and supposed enforcer of the space time is parachuting and trying to grasp his surroundings is checking his astronaut food for anything tasty, when a thought strikes him "If we're supposed to enforce the space time wouldn't it be easier to go back in time to where someone tries to damage it?" but dismisses the thought and prepares to land, as my feet touch the ground I crouch down and roll across the ice sending a chill up my spine, after stretching my legs for a few seconds I packs my parachute back into it's bag and while introducing myself to my newfound comrades I check the ground to see how hard it is and if I can try to excavate some snow and build a pile to block the wind with.

@V: Wish i thought of that.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

As the floor of the aircraft opens, sending her hurtiling through the icy air, Artemis does the only logical thing she can think of: scream.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanatos lets out a heavy sigh as he descends toward the frozen Earth - or whatever the name of this planet was.
    "Okay, first of all: Pink? Bright Pink? Where are my purple polka dots, huh? Secondly:"

He tilted his head back up towards the still flying plane:
    "Did you just drop me out of a friggin' AIRPLANE?" he screamed vainly into the frost-choked atmosphere as he finally floated down to the ground, landing with a heavy whumph and reflexively bending his knees up impact.
    Shortly thereafter, he let loose a stream of blue tinted words as he worked his way out of his parachute, which was currently falling on top of him.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

"If ye be havin' a problem with bright pink, ye can lay in the snow if'n you prefer blue."

OOC: I'm trying to make up for missing talk like a pirate day.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

"So, that one the snow melts, I'll be wearing slightly darker and heavier pink, as well as being colder then the rest of you? I don't think so!" Thanatos cut back at his fellow employee as he wrestled his way out of the parachute - packing it in an extremely neat, almost automatic fashion as he did so.
    Without further adieu, and hopefully devoid of comments from the Plastic Soldier gallery, he began to inspect the one item which he didn't understand immediately in the briefing: the firedart.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

You've landen on the barren, icy plain now. There is not much in sight, except a bunch of peaks sticking out of the ice. You can see the plane becoming a dot in the distance above you, and you're all getting rather cold. There seems to be a rather large peek in more or less the direction you came from (I'm talking mountainsize) and a medium one left of that one.

Thanatos: The firedarts are basically tubes which have fireworks in them. They can shoot a charge high up in the air, so as to notify nearby people where you are. Firing three of them alerts Haddock Enterprise that your mission is done, but you still have a long way a head of you. (Oh, and yes, this means that three of you wil have to work together in the end because you each only have one firedart. Or you could simply loot the darts from the other player's corpses, off course).

Soldier: I'm afraid there's barely any snow. This place is almost all ice. There's only an inch thick layer of snow on top of it.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2007-09-25 at 05:36 PM.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

"If you're not having any luck with the snow, I couldn't help but see a nice big couple of mountains - and with mountains come caves, and caves make for excellent hidey-holes against the cold"

<EDIT'D in light of Snow:Ice ratio>
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2007-09-25 at 05:42 PM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

9. - Top - End - #9
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

[OOC]Please have patience if I screw up. I'm still figuring out this kind of game.[/OOC]

Haruki-kun lands on the frozen Earth a few paces away from Plasic Soldier and Thanatos. Grabbing the ropes, he unhooks the parachute and rolls it up, then walks a little around the area, without straying too much from the group.

Perhap the best thing now would be to build a shelter. Maybe we can build an Igloo if we cooperate. And we can use the parachutes as tents or even blankets if the need arises.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2007-09-25 at 05:46 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

"Well if we did that we could be stuck a thousand feet from our coworkers without any way of signalling for help." Thinking about this problem for a second he gets an idea "How bout we pile the snow into a giant arrow pointing towards the mountain and simply make snowpiles every 10 feet?"

OOc: I have to go to dinner be back in an hour.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

"The high albedo of our stupid little suits, as well as their stark contrast with the surrounding area, would work wonders. As you can tell, the day is pretty clear, and everyone else is dropping fast. a little line of -"
    Thanatos shudders mildly for a moment
    "- Pink people should be easy to see in these conditions, as our esteemed murderer-slash-boss was kind enough to point out. If it makes you feel any better, I'll help you with the arrow."

<<OOC: Sorry, I took my advancement exam yesterday, my head is still stuffed with science>>
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Noticing the newcomer PLastic takes a minute to explain why we can't build anything out of the ice and about our plan to find shelter in the mountains and asks if the newcomer would like to help. Plastic then makes an estimate of how many hours are left in the day by seeing how many thumb lengths the sun is above the horizon.

(OOC: The thumb thing is a tool for making educated guesses about the hour although it becomes less accurate the farther you are from the equator.)

@V: How are you making an arrow?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

While Plastic is estimating his time-of-day, Thanatos sets to making an arrow as quickly as possible, as well as checking the sky condition, estimating the wind's velocity (by dropping a pinch of snow powder, of course) and the distance to the mountain in question.

<<If at all possible, I'd like the windspeed in knots.>>
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

As Raiser lands on the icy landscape he will look for anything out of the ordinary.

I will try and use my body heat (preferably hands) to melt a small portion of the ice. If this is succesful i will tryy and drink the water.
    Last edited by Raiser Blade; 2007-09-25 at 08:23 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Look upon the Goddess and rejoice!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Curly, . . . you are not only made of epic win and not fail, but you are officially the greatest shipper of all time
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Mr. Scruffy is all knowing; he doesn't believe in squid bones, so neither should you!
    Bathatars!Blog!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

as Detrevni land he rolls out of his parachute and slowly gos over it taking note of ALL of its parts(what do i see) then looks at the other people around him. Well nice to meet you...wait or is it, I am confused. but now is not the time for that. first we find shelter, he then gathers up his stuff and begins marching towards the mountain and as he walks he looks for 2-4 foot strong looking icicles and picks them up.
    Last edited by detrevnisisiht; 2007-09-25 at 08:51 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

HYAAAARH!

Pingcode screams as he suddenly wakes up to a loud rushing noise, having managed to fall asleep during the flight.

After fumbling about and succeeding in opening his parachute, he looks down and notices the bright pink suit.

HYAAAAAAARH!

He lands a little after the rest, having opened his parachute in a panic once he realised he was falling.

"What on earth are we doing here?" asks Pingcode out loud, stuffing the parachute back into the bag.

"For that matter, where the hell are we?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

For now, I'm just following. I'll help Plastic.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Artemis lands with the classic hit and roll technique used by parachutists everywehere, after spending a strangely long amount of time in the air. She carefully works on taming her parachute and folding it back into the pack it came out of.

"Dang it's cold out here. So is there anything here but Ice and snow?" Artemis wonders looking around.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Therarde falls down slowly, surveying the landscape as he falls. When he lands, he makes his was over to the others. Hey guys.
    Guess what? I'm back! Yay!

20. - Top - End - #20

((Whee, Text adventure mode!

The suit has pockets, does it not? Or is our stuff clipped onto the suit?))

Stranded in the Antarctic
    You've landed on the barren, icy plain now. There is not much in sight, except a bunch of peaks sticking out of the ice. You can see the plane becoming a dot in the distance above you, and you're all getting rather cold. There seems to be a rather large peak in more or less the direction you came from and a medium one left of that one.

Plastic Soldier is here. Artemis97 is here. Thanatos is here. Haruki is here. Therarde is here. Detrevni is here. Raiser is here.

>x snow

The ground is mostly ice, and there's only about an inch of actual snow here.

>get snow

You bend over and scoop up a handful of snow about the size of your fist.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2007-09-25 at 11:15 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Hey guys, I was reacting fast and jumped towards the man surprised, but I jumped after you guys so that was why I wasnt directly there, but my thought is that we should head towards those mountains
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Plastic: The first thing you notice when looking at the sun it's in a very odd angle. Somehow it just doesn't seem to be in the right position. Oh, and the second thing you notice is that it's green. Bizarre sense of priority you have, I guess There's a slight breeze, but I have no idea how to put that in knots, I'm afraid.

Thanatos: Making the arrow will be very difficult with this little snow, I'm afraid.

Raiser_B1ade: Your hands get increasingly cold, but you manage to melt a small bit of water. You drink what doesn't slip through your fingers, and the water too is icy (who could have guessed?). It's refreshing, but you're getting pretty cold now.

detrevnisisiht: Is it okay if I call you Detre, or Detrevni? Seems easier for me. Anyways, the parachute is a big white piece of cloth, attached to some really thin wire (almost invisible) and the whole can be fitted into a small bright pink pouch on your back. Finding icicles is no problem, detaching them from the ground however is.

Artemis: There indeed doesn't seem to be much around that isn't snow or ice. In fact, most of it is ice.

Pingcode: Good summary there And yes, the suit has pockets, one of which contains the astronaut pills, and the other contains the firedart (which is too long to fit into the pocket and sticks out).

The mountains seems to be a decent walk away. Say 3 hours?
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2007-09-26 at 12:45 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23

I try and use the heat from my firedart to melt the base of an icicle and wam myself simutaneously.
    If that is not possible i just use it to warm myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

Look upon the Goddess and rejoice!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Curly, . . . you are not only made of epic win and not fail, but you are officially the greatest shipper of all time
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Mr. Scruffy is all knowing; he doesn't believe in squid bones, so neither should you!
    Bathatars!Blog!

24. - Top - End - #24

((Thanks. All credit goes to MrEdwardNigma, whose description I ripped the text off

EDIT: Alternatively, I could just let Raiser blow his head off with a firework.))

>Put snow in pocket
    Which pocket? The left or the right?

>Left
    Your left pocket now contains: 3 Astronaut Pills, a handful of snow.

>Make Snowball
    With what?
    >Snow on Ground
    Done.

>Throw Snowball at Raiser's Firedart
    You throw the snowball at Raiser, trying to hit the firedart before he sets it off.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2007-09-26 at 05:24 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, its time to head out I guess, I sure hope those somehow still magickally suspended in the atmosphere can see the gaggle of pink moving in a single direction and steer their parachutes over here, doesn't seem too far away."

With that, Thanatos begins the trek to the mountain, eyes peeled for any form of danger (Mostly so he can run away).

<Oh, and I requested the wind and mountain data. I'll just call the wind Light and Variable>
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Yes I'm stealing the awesome Pingcode's awesome text adventure idea. Tell me if you want me to stop at any time.))

Quote Originally Posted by pingcode20 View Post

Stranded in the Antarctic
    You are falling out of a plane. You will die is you do not do something.

>Use Parachute
    Done.

>Duck and Roll on ground.
    Done. You have sustained no injuries.

You've landed on the barren, icy plain now. There is not much in sight, except a bunch of peaks sticking out of the ice. You can see the plane becoming a dot in the distance above you, and you're all getting rather cold. There seems to be a rather large peak in more or less the direction you came from and a medium one left of that one.

Plastic Soldier is here. Artemis97 is here. Thanatos is here. Haruki is here. Therarde is here. Detrevni is here. Raiser is here. Pingcode is here. Dallas-Dakota is here.

>speak "Hey all! Alright, we have limited resources, no knowledge of where we are and no back up... This is going to be a problem. We need to get warm fast."
    You say "Hey all! Alright, we have limited resources, no knowledge of where we are and no back up... This is going to be a problem. We need to get warm fast."

>follow others.
    which others?

>Artemis, Dallas-Dakota, Pingcode, Thanatos, Haruki, Therarde, Detrevni and Raiser.
    Done. You are now following Artemis, Dallas-Dakota, Pingcode, Thanatos, Haruki, Therarde, Detrevni and Raiser.
    Note the minor modifications.
    Last edited by Altharis; 2007-09-26 at 04:21 AM.
    Attack of the most awesome Ceikatar!!!!!

My stocks:OOTS 40, HNJO 88, GOLD 5.

What do you get when you cross Star Wars, Star Trek, OD&D, and percentile rolls, and jumble it up in a big pot of surrealism? This game right here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Altharis' crown is beautiful in its simplicity, a symbol of understated elegance and a sign that this man is both aware of his power and his responsibilities; the sort of guy Spider-Man would like to have a drink with.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Detrevni (yes thats what you can call me) finds an icicle 3-5 cms thick that has a reasonable point to it and starts kicking the base of it.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

I stand at the front of the group 20 feet ahead of everybody and every step feel the ground for hardness and if it doesn't feel solid I stop yell at the others to stop. Also I search the ground for anything not ice/snow or that could make a nice weapon.

OOc: There are a few possibilities for a green star

1. Redshifting/Blueshifting: We're moving relative to the sun and it's light changes, doubtable since its hard to move a star.

2.Weird atmosphere: Atmosphere is reflected the light weirdly, doubtable since a weird atmosphere would smell weird

3. So I'm going with The narrator thought it would be cool.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

((A weird atmosphere wouldn't necesarily smell weird. There might be an oderless element of somesort causing the change. just my 2cp.))

Artemis follows the others towards the mountains, hoping to get out of the cold.

((Why couldn't we have been sent to a tropical island like the first group? ))
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

30. - Top - End - #30

>Confuse Altharis
    I don't recognise the verb 'Confuse'.

>Double around the group before rejoining them.
    I don't recognise the verb 'Double'

>Go around the group.
    You walk around the group a few times. They look at you strangely, and you feel somewhat foolish.

>undo
    Done.

>Follow
    (Artemis, Altharis, Dallas-Dakota, Thanatos, Haruki, Therarde, Detrevni and Raiser)
    Done.

>Get Astronaut Pills
    (From your left pocket)
    Done.

>Put Astronaut Pills in right pocket
    Done.