New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shadowrun 4th - In the beginning(IC)

Sabrina

Fobbling the shoe for a moment, Sabrina does catch it and slip it on. "A fight? Geez. What the heck were you guys doing last night? Leave you alone for one night, and we're off and getting into fights...What kind of fight?" She grabs up the bag from her room where she'd dropped it and runs after Sin and Damien. "Where are we going? How much are we getting paid, and who are we working for?" She shoots the questions out, rapid fire, without waiting for a response to any single one. "Is there going to be running? Do we have time so I can stop and get some new clothes? Maybe some sneakers or something?"

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

What kind of fight? Like, guns blazing action stuff or just a minor fistfight? I have my old man's ballistic vest, should I get that? When is this, when can I eat, and what are the answers to all her questions? Damien jerks his thumb at Sabrina and starts down the stairway. He glances back at her and grins. Except that last one. Why on Earth would you need any new clothes?
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone finds that traffic is particularly bad this morning, as no one wants to be burned by the acid ash mixed with rain. Brief exposure, will leave red blotchy marks, but prolonged exposure will cause damage(maybe 1 DL every hour or so). Even outside of Tacoma and Renton, the traffic is bad as homeless people flee the areas(clogging public transit as well as in stolen vehicles).

{{ Anyone else notice that no one told Johnny Star about the meet? }}

{{ If anyone wants to begin some online research into how to acquire illegal equipment they can do so. Likewise anyone that gets up a little early can make some calls. Just PM me. }}
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"I seriously doubt any sort of fight is going to have a business dress code. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to get things like blood out of a blouse like this? Or to run in pumps?" She pauses for a moment as they reach the car. "Don't answer that, because if you do, I don't want to know about it."

Sabrina sits in the back, where she cannot see Damien's driving, and taps her fingers restlessly on the armrest. She glances over at Sin. "So, everyone knows about this, right? Did you conveniently not mention this meet to anyone else? Imagine a list, with everyone's name and make checkmarks next to everyone who you're sure got told."

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sin settles into the Van, stretching out and relaxing as Damien drives. "All the answers as to specifics are at Renko's," he says. "Its a series of places we're supposed to hit, bugging a car, and not messing with one guy." He shakes his head slightly as Sabrina attempts to scold him. "Let's see. Onyx was there. Renko was there. Johnny was there. So they all know, hmm... Lonestar I didn't tell... And I didn't call mom either," he says, apparently counting people off on his fingers. "Think we should call them?" he asks, raising his eyebrow at her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzucchini View Post
    He didn't exactly post, but he was supposedly there...
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-12-20 at 11:04 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"Yes," she says sarcastically, "call Mom. Make sure Dad knows, too. He'll be really impressed. Maybe they'll get us a couple of grenades for Christmas or something." Sabrina sticks her tongue out and crosses her eyes at Sin, then keeps herself studiously looking away from the front window.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

Luckily the bad traffic doesn't affect motorcycles too much. Man good thing I remembered my jacket this morning, this ash is getting bad. Ahh drek! I better call Beguiler. I had a meet with her today I think. Better postpone for later.

Onyx whizzes through traffic at a brisk pace cutting lanes, using the special motor cycles lane on the side or between cars. The traffic might keep me out a little longer. I will buzz Renko and let him know I will be a few more minutes than I thought as I pull in at 10:13. "Stupid traffic"

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

{{ darkzuchini/Johnny isn't responding to my PMs, but is active, so.. we'll have to continue without him for the moment }}

Things are mostly quiet in Renko's neighborhood this morning. Nothing like the threat of real acid rain to keep the gangers off the street. Of course, Auburn should be fine, but then you never know. By 10am most people are at work and the residential area is mostly deserted. Most people took their cars to work, as evidenced by the traffic, and there is a veritable plethora of parking in the area.

In Renko's building, the only sounds are the hum of the substandard electrical wiring and some woman upstairs singing in spanish to "Escuela de Muerto", a recent crossover hit by The Cinco Fraggers.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, alright. I'm grabbing that vest first chance I get... Damien spends a few minutes during the gridlock wishing he had a Panther XXL attached to his van. Maybe that would shift the traffic. No doubt with the unfortunate side effect of bringing every law enforcement company within three miles down on his head.

And the answer is no, for the sake of your sanity. Damien glances back at Sabrina and grins. This causes him to miss noticing the red light change green until the guy behind him honks at him.

He pulls up next to Renko's place around 10:19. Hope he's got something to eat. I'm kinda hungry...

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Renko opens the door for Onyx, he's wearing jeans and a red t-shirt proclaiming "Xtreme Kool letterZ" On it.
    "Heya onyx." Renko gestures to the pile of cushions on the ground "Grab a cushion, your the first one here."
    When Damien, Sin and Sabrina show up
    "Hey, took your time getting here, grab a seat and lets get to work."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"Yeah, yeah. Fragging rain makes everyone stupid. Like the acid drips into their ears and eats their brains or something."
    Sabrina makes a face of distaste. "Actually, that's pretty gross." She looks all around before setting her bag down on the floor and perching herself on the couch. Leaning back, she lets herself sink in as far as she'll go, just to find out, which is naturally a little bit awkward-looking as she makes an effort to keep her knee-length skirt from riding up at the same time.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Sure, but first I have to ask what you've got to eat around here. I kind of skipped breakfast... Damien finds the most comfortable piece of unclaimed furniture and flops onto it.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

biggrin Re: Shadowrun 4th - In the beginning(IC)

Renko opens his refrigerador and looks inside.
    "Lessee, I could heat up some "Egg" and "Sausage" For ya, or a burrito or somthing."
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

A burrito would be good. Thanks. Pause. So what are we supposed to be doing with this whole thing?

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Renko pulls a box out of the fridge, inside is a frozen-burrito, the type you can pick up at any stuffer shack, takes it out of the packaging and sticks it in the microwave.
    " Alright, on that chip" Renko points to the datachip which is sitting on the table "Is a series of locations and times, were supposed to attack those locations during those times. At one sight were supposed to put a box on a car in the parking lot, the car is specified on the chip, and at the last site theres some guy were not supposed to shoot, cast spells at, or attack in any way whatsoever. The first time isn't for a few hours, so we have time to look around and make some plans. heres what I was thinking, Damien will be our driver, Me, Onyx, And Johnny if he ever shows up, will be the attack, we don't have to hit anything, just make alot of noise. Sink can throw some spells around to cover us, illusions and stuff like that would be useful. It's likely that whoevers running these places will realize what were up to and beef up security at the other sites so 'Rina will head to the next site on our list before the rest of us to tell us what she can see."
    [/Center]

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"So you want me to scout? I can do that." Sabrina nods for a moment, then frowns a little bit. "I don't have my scooter here. Can I borrow someone's bike?" After another moment of consideration, she then adds, "I really, really need to go shopping. Is there time for that?"

17. - Top - End - #287

RogueGuy

Onyx thinks about the idea of having someone else ride his bike. "Sorry lady this bike might be a bit much for you." Yeah that sounded diplomatic. "I am good on the attack thing, though I am not well armored. Eh null sheen I guess. Don't get hit and I won't have to worry about armor. Always tends to slow ya down anyway. So how long until we start this shindig?""

Onyx chooses not to have anything to eat in case its got any soy in it. Man I am hungry though. Hmm, maybe when Rina goes out shopping I could pick up a sandwich.
    Last edited by Mythknight; 2007-12-24 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Because I can't spell

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"I hope you weren't the one negotiating last night." Sabrina rolls her eyes at Onyx. "I'm sure your bike is just too manly for a dumb little girl like me to handle. Riding down the road, with no one shooting or doing anything really dangerous around me." She gives a little sigh of exasperation and turns back to Renko.

"So, how about some real specifics? How much are we getting paid, who are we working for, who are we going against...this box we're planting, is that the bug Sin mentioned? Are we sure it's bug and not a bomb?" Sabrina gives a little involuntary shudder. I do not want to go out there to kill people as my objective. I can deal with it happening by accident, but I'm no assassin.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, driving I can handle. I got a couple of those little camera drones too, in case you need surveillance. I'll take a look at that metal thing, but I'm not too good with electronics.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Renko's apartment rumbles and shakes slightly as a underground train(The Tube) passes by. In the silence that followed you can barely hear the woman upstairs as she continues to sing.

21. - Top - End - #291

RogueGuy

Onyx looks to Sabrina, "Didn't mean any offense Rina, just saying the bike is awfully fast, and I, ermm, well I heard about your scooter and well, let's just say I can't afford for mine to be out of service." as Onyx winks at her.

"So it seems our work is to start this evening. Seems like we need to cause some serious distractions and be on the move to get the next one off on time. Now from what I see I think we need to discuss a few items of import. First off how 'deadly' do we want this run to be? I mean if one of us starts laying waste with a hand cannon it sounds like they may respond with the same force. So if we are going that route everyone needs to be on board with it. I would not be too happy walking in with a stungun when the baddies are shotgunnin' it!" with that Onyx looks around waiting for a response. After the first discussion he will bring up the next.

"and then there is the run itself. Looks to me we got some time between a few of these hits but some real close times in others. Let's find out how long it takes us to get from 10 Professional Drive over to 907 Eastern Blvd. That switch only seems to leave us an 8-9 minute gap to get from point A to point B since we gotta distrupt for 72 seconds at the first one. If we are cutting that one thin perhaps we should split up for that hit and let one team hit the first while the second prepares to cause trouble at the second. The rest seem fairly easy to cover the distance but we may want to run some tests on how long it really takes us to get from one spot to the next. Other than the distance some basic scouting would be useful. Perhaps even having Rina go inside and maybe snap some photos of the grounds, guards and anything else that might prove useful. You really can never be too prepared is what I use to tell my paintball team." With that Onyx cruises into the kitchen and looks for one of those burrito's. "Hey Renk, got anything without any soy in it? It gives me a bad rash. In fact my skin tends to rub off if I eat some."

22. - Top - End - #292

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sin walks in and sits down on the edge of the couch. "Scouting is definitely a good idea," he says with a smile. "I don't exactly know many offensive spells, but I can throw a few illusions." He grins slightly. "And make things come to our aide, to an extent at least."

"We may want to see if we can find somewhere to pick up a few armament for you all," he says, smirking slightly. "And armor if you would like it. I doubt that they like us enough not to shoot to kill by the end of the day."
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

I've got my predator and a ballistic vest. I'll probably be staying back running recon and making sure the van is good to go. If you need me to go along I can do that, but I can't promise I'll be very useful. Damien chuckles. At any rate, I might want to get another couple drones. Like I said before, all I've got is the spy drones, and if we really need to I guess we could use a drone to get that metal thing to the car it needs to go on.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"The Pay is 14000 Nuyen, the first time isn't for about seven hours, so we got some time to work. Damien, if your going to be staying in the van you might want to lend your vest to Onyx. Damien, what type of drones do you have, what type do you want, and do you think you can get them in seven hours? Sink, gimmie a list of what mojo you can throw around that might be of use."
    Last edited by BRC; 2007-12-29 at 11:13 AM.
    [/Center]

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"I'll translate your silence on the other issues to mean you don't know. Can you send me a picture of any of these people? I don't know if I can use that to find out who they're fronting for, but I can sure try." She looks over the target addresses, copying the information to her own commlink as she does so, and starts checking up on what those places actually are.

26. - Top - End - #296

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip shrugs slightly. "Tell if someone's lying, take a peek from a ways away, make you move faster, move silently and invisibly, make things move around on their own, which is rather entertaining, make a few rather convincing illusions, and," he pauses for a moment. "Overcome people with happiness." He laughs, a grin firmly entrenched on his face.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I guess Onyx can use my vest if I stay in the van. I'll want it back though. At any rate, the drones I've got are all Flyspies, and I was thinking we could use a Doberman or something to plant the box. If we had a gun to put on it it could provide backup as well. I don't know where to get a gun, but getting a Doberman shouldn't be too hard. Damien takes a bite of the burrito. And if I use a credstick, they won't know I bought it. It's been less than helpful before, but I'm not a memorable guy.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina, working away with her commlink quickly finds some information on the first location [17:35 Downtown Seattle, 18902 2nd Ave. (48 seconds)]

That address is The Halloway Towers. It seems to be be a ritzy apartment building featuring valet parking. The online advertisement show the main door with a limo outside and the valets helping some rich old people out. In the photo, off to the side, almost in the bushes, are two well dressed orks(subtle, yet obvious if you are looking for them). The address is near the Rt 5 and Rt 520 interchange. They have no open apartments, but you can apply online for a 500 nuyen fee.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"Okay, so the first one is an apartment complex. We're supposed to harass the guards at an apartment complex?" She shakes her head. "Whatever. I need to get a few things, so since you want me to scout...should I just go ahead and get myself going? Does anyone else need to get anything that can actually be found at a regular mall?"

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina begins to dig a little deeper into the security information and after a while discovers that the hotel has a security contract with 'Abbott Security Services Inc.' The building was purchased by 'Tower Apartments Inc.'