New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Shadowrun 4th - In the beginning(IC)

Sinkalip

"We have a few hours yet," he says. "Lets see what the other locations are before you go?" He shrugs slightly. "It might be wise to plan out routes in advance."

"There wasn't an apartment number, right?"
    he asks, glancing towards Renko and Sabrina. He furrows his brow slightly, pondering as he looks at the picture of the front of the apartment building.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"This is going to take me a little while. I can do it while I shop. I excel at multitasking. I mostly just want to get some more appropriate clothing at this point. I mean, I would have worn jeans if I had any. I'm going to check around for some stuff and go pick it up. Anyone looking for anything legal while I'm checking stores?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Sabrina is looking for an Armor Jacket, and some regular clothes/shoes. I assume the regular clothes can be had without issue. Avail test for the jacket: 1 hit, then I regain my senses and buy the remaining hit in the next interval.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Taking a quick break from the location search, she checks a bunch of the local stores online, and finds one, "Wendigo Wear, for the Northwest Woodsman", that has an armor jacket in her size and also sells "normal" cloths. The store is about a 25 minute walk from Renko's apartment or a short 5 minute drive. She could probably be there and back inside of 15 minutes if she could drive.

Renko's burritos do in fact contain soy.

There was no apartment number.

Anyone else need gear? Weapons? Grenades?
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

((I've got a fair bit of cash. Damien's going to see if there's anywhere he can find a pair of Dobermans, and maybe some extra ammunition for his predator. He's got a license, so he won't need black market. The trick now is to find a gun shop that carries predator ammunition))
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"No, no apartment number. Okay, I found a store. It's not far. I'm going to walk down there, and I'll keep on the info search on the way there. I guess I can grab a cab on the way back and go get my scooter so I can get on this stuff. I'll text you whatever I find later." Sabrina stands up and goes for the door, half her attention on her commlink.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hoof it down to Wendingo's, purchase an armor jacket, some regular clothes, and a pair of hiking boots that are good for walking. If anyone would like to suggest an alternate course of action, this is a good time. Otherwise, Sabrina will call a cab from the store and take it home so she can change and get her scooter.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"I think the idea here is that were the diversion, we just drive up to the front, shoot out a few windows, engage with security then drive away when the duration is up. A few smoke grenades might be good to cover our exit, but those will be hard to get."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina heads out to the store leaving the boys to their discussion.

Damien browses around the matrix for dobermans. Soon enough he is flooded with ads for similar drones from various competitors. The Yamaetetsu Barghest. The Aztechnology FWC-72K Chimera. The ATT Soldat. They are all priced around 3000(just like the doberman) Soon enough Damien can also locate several models which are not of exactly the same specification as the doberman, but have similar capabilities.

Of some note are the Citroen Brouillard Smoke Generator and the Renraku Evening Mist(both claim to be able to lay down a thick fog of smoke to provide you with privacy). Both are also big enough to mount a weapon on(should you choose to do so). These are priced at about 2800 nuyen.

Speaking of weapons, the Integrated Weapons System WD Mk 10, is a wheeled drone, but instead of armor and sensor software it has better targeting software and two independent weapon mounts on turrets. It is a bit slower and various online reviewers complain that it is difficult to control, but ah.. the firepower, all for about 2500 each.

Damien spends 30 minutes and locates not only the drones but 'The Predator Superstore'(which features a funny looking alien from some cheesy 90's flick). It offers a wide array of ammo, upgrades, gear, as well as "specialty items". You could keep looking, but you are sure this one has what you are looking for. However it, is in northern Everett(off route 5). {{ If all you want is regular ammo, you have lots of choices. }}

You find 4 stores that carry some combination of the drones.
    Gear Heads(Everett) : Doberman(3100), Evening Mist(2799), WD Mk 10(2499)
    Russ's Rust Buckets(Renton) : Barghest(2800), Chimera(3050), Brouillard(2800),
    Drone Security Solutions(Puyallup) : Doberman(3049), Chimera(2975), Brouillard(2799), Evening Mist(2899)
    Nate's Nasty Nascars(Redmond) : Chimera(3089), Soldat(2975), WD Mk 10(2600)
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

I found a couple places with the stuff I want. They're in Everett, so I'm going to need to drive fast. Anyone coming with? Damien polishes off the burrito and puts his commlink back on his belt.

((I'm assuming Everett is a short drive away. Not really short, but short enough that he can be back on time. If it isn't could someone let me know?))

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Guess not. Alright, later. Damien heads out, jumping into his van. Along the way, while he's stuck at a particularly long light, he remembers Cody. He pulls out his commlink and dials, keeping one hand on the wheel.

((Call by PM))

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Damien pauses at the door to see if anyone is coming with him on his cross Seattle trek. He then heads out, seeking out the fastest routes. Once on the road, Damien calls up one of his old associates, a bartender, and asks getting hooked up with some special gear and whether they know anyone who sells that type of specialty equipment. Cody pledges to get back to him later in the day, but suggests the time frame will be after the evenings run.

Onyx, Renko, and Sinkalip remain and ponder the upcoming events. Sabrina, about an hour, should be back, but has not returned yet.

Spoiler
    Show

Sabrina - Prices as per book. The cab cost her a 4 nuyen.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-01-10 at 12:29 PM.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

Onyx

Thinking it might be better to take a quick nap until Beguiler calls for our meet Onyx decides to head home. "Yo chummers, I am going to bounce for a bit and grab a few winks before this thing. I got a meet with a friend later this afternoon around 3 so I should catch up with you all around 4ish. Let the others know I bailed until tonight and if you need me I will leave the comm on." At that I will head home, stopping at the first real food place I see and grabbing something non-soy. After that I will head home and take a nap setting my alarm for about 1 so I can get an hour in on my home gym before I head to my meet.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Sabrina ponders returning to Renko's, but has no real reason to, so she send Sin a text message instead.

To Sinkalip: [Done with my side trip. Heading out to check out the first place.]

Now dressed in dark jeans, plain black sneakers, and a plain sky blue babydoll shirt, she pulls her hair up into a ponytail, then loops the tail so it doesn't hang down past her chin. The armor jacket, a dark green coat with some bulk to it, goes over that. She gets onto her scooter and pulls up a map on her commlink, then heads for 18902 2nd Ave. in Downtown.

13. - Top - End - #313

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip looks to his comm, relaxing before everything happened. "I'll be back," he says. "I'm going to tag along with Sabrina and see what I can see." He grins and he stands and stretches for a moment, then sits back down by the end of the couch cross legged with his hands bracing him back against the couch. "No touching unless there's a fire," he adds quickly as he closes his eyes. A moment later, he seems to go limp, his head dropping to his chest.

A medium sized canid races through Astral space towards where Sabrina said she was, and tags along, easily keeping up with her as she rides her scooter. As she reaches the first location, hopefully in a secluded area, he manifests sitting next to her. "Don't go far," the coyote says quietly, looking up to her. "I'm going to go peek around inside." He then starts trotting towards the building, returning fully to the astral world.

Spoiler
    Show

Going Astral and tagging along with Sabrina, and taking a peek around to see if he can see anything interesting, making sure to stay away from anything that seems big astrally.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

14. - Top - End - #314

RogueGuy

Onyx

After rethinking on my way home after I grab lunch I think it would be prudent to do a visual on these places. Onyx will drive by each location in order as if we were doing the run right now. I will stop and wait at each location the given amount of time and move on to the next just as if it were the run. I am hoping to at least get a visual of each location and possible guards or any other type of activity. I will try to stay as inconspicuous as possible. Mostly only doing this to get the actual route in my mind. I will rely on Rina to get the details of each location and I will not get off my bike or park the whole time. This is just my drive-by.

After I do the driving I will text my team some info then head home for the sleep and work out..

{While one of you is out perhaps we could get some noise distraction as well. Maybe some firecrackers that sound like gunfire? Can one of you who know where to find those things check into that?}

Spoiler
    Show
    I still cannot access my sheet so make any rolls for me please.
    Last edited by Mythknight; 2008-01-10 at 02:15 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

After a initial exclamation of surprise in Salish that details her opinion of what badgers can do sexually to moose, Sabrina takes a moment to calm down. "Hello?" she whispers back, "Does the word 'warning' mean anything to you?" She lets one more curse word in Salish slip out before pulling her glasses out of a pocket and putting them on.

Spoiler
    Show
    To speed this up some...
    Going to do this for each place, visiting them in order from first to last:
    Park scooter someplace close where it won't get ticketed/towed/messed with/whatever.
    Walk the perimeter.
    Use camcorder in commlink to take footage during perimeter walk.
    Watch the "front", whatever that happens to be, for about 30 minutes beyond that, preferably from scooter. If that's not possible, from a public bench, leaning against a wall nearby, or something else equally unobtrusive.
    Take notes on security, mostly if they are visible/present and where, if they walk around, that sort of thing.
    Check to see if there is a security network there that can possibly be accessed from the outside.
    Move on to the next one.
    Finish background checking while en route (at stoplights and such).
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-01-10 at 03:05 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Renko, Sabrina, Sinkalip, and Damien

With Sabrina's new plan, Damien may well arrive back the Renko's before her. Sinkalip is again, just a limp figure, literally begging to be posed by Renko and have photos posted to the Matrix.

After several hours Damien does return, as does Sinkalip followed by Sabrina.

Onyx

Onyx cruises by each location and gets a quick feel for them, discovering that you really have to drive quickly and aggressively to get from location 2 to location 3 in just 10 minutes. He also finds a couple locations where construction and street repairs are underway so the team might avoid them later(or perhaps use them to their advantage). He also finds that he blocks up traffic a bit and solicits angry honks and commlink messages while stopped in front of these places.

After catching some more sleep and getting some food that won't kill him, Onyx hits the gym and finally meets with Beguiler at 3pm. That same big breasted blue hair waitress is still working the counter as Onyx enters. Beguiler is seated in 'their' booth along the side towards the back. She waves and says, "Hi Mike."

{{ I can't seem to find the message that told me what you wanted to talk to her about... }}

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Damien returns with a Doberman and an Evening mist, purchased from the place in Everett. Apparently he stopped off at his place on the way, because he also has a ballistic vest with him. He spends a few minutes happily unpacking his new toys from their boxes and reading through the manuals. After that he turns them both on, slaves them to his commlink, and has them driving in circles around the living room by the time everyone else gets back. Hey, what's up? Just testing the controls one these, don't mind me. His duffel bag is over by the couch, filled with what is presumably some shiny new equipment.

((List of new stuff with total expense report in spoiler. If anything on there was unavailable I'll take it off. Money will be deducted once the list is finalized))
    Spoiler
    Show

Doberman(3100)
    Evening Mist(2799)
    Laser Sight(100)
    Smartlinked Sunglasses(525)
    3 Spare clips(15)
    3 Boxes Gel Rounds(90)
    3 Boxes Flechette Rounds(300)
    6 Boxes Regular Ammo(120)

Total: 7049

All this will be bought with his Credstick. If anyone asks, he's stocking up now because he lives "kinda far" from the store.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"Okay." This is the first thing Sabrina says when she walks back in through the door. No preamble, no greetings. "I got video of each place, and general information about each one. It looks like the ride between two and three will be the toughest. So, I was thinking...there's seven of us if Johnny shows. What if, say, two of you skip number two and go straight to number three from one? I'll be going to three in advance of the main team anyway, so that would be three of us there for sure at the right time."

Sabrina will give the info and images to anyone who wants them.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds good to me. Who has personal transportation? I can take the van from one to two, and the people on bikes can go straight to three. Then we meet at four. Damien takes the info and everything and spends a few minutes committing them to memory.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Using Sabrina's video you are get a rough idea of the outside layout of the hotel and the surrounding area. The outside of the hotel features and drive under awning and valet parking service.

Location 1

All the information on Location 1 from the OOC thread :
    Spoiler
    Show

That address is The Halloway Towers. It seems to be be a ritzy apartment building featuring valet parking. The online advertisement show the main door with a limo outside and the valets helping some rich old people out. In the photo, off to the side, almost in the bushes, are two well dressed Orks(subtle, yet obvious if you are looking for them). The address is near the Rt 5 and Rt 520 interchange. They have no open apartments, but you can apply online for a 500 nuyen fee.

Abbott Security Services Inc. runs security and the building is owned by 'Tower Apartments Inc.'

This place is packed in with the rest of the buildings on the block. Its 15 stories tall with a brick facade on the three lowest floors and a glass and white stucco sort of look on the top 12 floors. Sabrina is able to walk up and down the street, but in order to get to the rear, she'd have to go down a dirty alley with several plastic covered homeless people.

Whenever a vehicle pulls up a busboy runs out with an umbrella. He swaps the umbrella with the occupants and takes their keys and car. He drives around the corner to a parking garage. The reverse happens when someone leaves. Sabrina can see an Ork in a suit sitting in the lobby watching/reading something on his commlink.

The security computers are using wireless protocols, but do not accept public logins. Someone would have to 'hack' in to access them.

Sinkalip cruises around and finds a couple awaken people in the building, but they don't seem to have any mages patrolling astral or spirits or wards.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"Sounds like a plan to me. Onyx can go, since he has a bike, and if Johnny shows up, he can. If not, you guys will need what you've got, so it'll just be the two of us, and that'll probably work. I guess. Something is better than nothing." Sabrina taps a foot, walks around the apartment twice, taps a foot again. "Is there anything else I can do beforehand? I'm kinda nervous about this. Oh, we could plot out the routes. I can take the same one you all are planning to, so if there's any sorts of traffic problems for me, I can let you know and you can go around it. Damn, it would be so cool if we could hack into the traffic routing and just make it all go really smooth."

Sabrina paces around a little more, face drawn into a contemplative frown. "Can you even do that? I mean, can that be hacked?"

22. - Top - End - #322

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sin shrugs slightly. "I suppose anything can, but something like that would be leaving a bigger footprint and a path behind us, wouldn't it?"

He sits back and tries to relax, not really having anything to do at the current time until its time to go.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Would help if I had more than just an idea of what hacking means. Bet they have really good firewalls too.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Hacking into the traffic grid? I could swear Ive seen that in some dinosour-age flick that Spike had playing one night."
    Renko shook his head.
    "Sounds too risky, No offense Damian, but I doubt youve got the hardware or the know how to hack somthing like that without us getting stuck in a pile-o-stars. Though plotting out some routes seems like a great idea."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

I'd definitely want a lot of practice and several good programs before I tried anything like that. Now way I'm hacking anything bigger than a coffee machine any time soon. Maps, however, those I can get. Damien goes looking around on his commlink for a roadmap of the area.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"I've got maps." She pulls several mapsofts out out her jacket pocket. "Downtown, Auburn, Renton, Tacoma, Bellevue. I think that covers where we're going for this." She offers up both maps and her opinions on how to set up a route between them.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

The most obvious and direct route between all of these are the highways. Every location is just off the highway. Sure there are the city streets below, but the elevated 'arteries' would seem to be the easy way.

28. - Top - End - #328

RogueGuy

Onyx (Though it's in orange and my name is black, weird huh?)

Those of us riding a bike can probably take streets as cutting traffic or finding other routes is easier. Those in the van might want to stick to the "arteries". That was it makes sure that if one if running late he can probably skip that objective and head straight to the next. Another option is to have us break into two teams and "leapfrog" to the sites. Have one team sitting at the next site ready to go and when the first team is done they head to the next stop after that one. So it would go like this:

Team1 - locA
    Team2 - locB
    Team1 - locC
    Team2 - locD

So while loc B is getting hit by team 2, team 1 will be driving to loc C and so on.
    Onyx says over his commlink on his way to the meeting.
    Last edited by Mythknight; 2008-01-16 at 07:59 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sin frowns slightly. "Is it just me, or does splitting up the team seem like a bad idea?" he asks. "They wouldn't hire whole teams if two or three people hitting the locations would be good enough, would they? And there were multiple teams hired." He frowns slightly. "We need to be careful, we may very well be walking into a trap. If they have multiple teams hitting each place, it could easily turn into chaos. And friendly fire... isn't."

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"I only suggested splitting up because there was concern about making it to the third location from the second. It looks like there's only five of us, though. We can't afford to split up with this small a group. I'm already going to be ahead of the rest of you, not with you, so it's really only four. Here, look. I'll be there on time. If the van gets stuck in traffic, well, like Onyx said, bikes can get through that sometimes, and Sin can go astral to get there. It'll work out."

Spoiler
    Show
    Translation:
    Sabrina is the scout. That leaves 4 of you to actually do this stuff.
    Sabrina can help in a pinch, but she isn't really good for this kind of thing.
    So, don't split up. It was a bad suggestion considering our numbers.